Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: All In The Name of Love/S01.E02: Embargos and Ultimatums/S01.E03: It's Go Time

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, happy hobo said:

I'm one.  Judge all you like.  

I raised my kids.......now they can darn well raise their own.  (Their other set of grandparents had to finally tell them 'enough' also after being used for babysitting and every other thing you could think of) 

I wouldn't judge you at all! Sometimes I wish my parents would be a little less about their grandkids.  Honestly it's led to VERY spoiled grandkids.  My parents don't know how to tell them no. 

2 hours ago, happy hobo said:

I'm one.  Judge all you like.  

I raised my kids.......now they can darn well raise their own.  (Their other set of grandparents had to finally tell them 'enough' also after being used for babysitting and every other thing you could think of) 

I wouldn't judge you at all! Sometimes I wish my parents would be a little less about their grandkids.  Honestly it's led to VERY spoiled grandkids.  My parents don't know how to tell them no. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

My brothers, and their kids, live in New England.  So does my dad.  My mom lives in TN and seems to think we're all getting together all the time without her.  We're not.  It's more like occasional Facetimes.  You can be in their lives without being physically there.  

My bigger issue is her being totally fine with all the lying Sumit is doing to his family.  Has any healthy relationship ever included so much lying?

• Love 2
On 6/11/2019 at 10:03 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Aaaaaand, here's another Tunisian Love Rat! These ladies never learn!

Corey is so terrified of shots his mama has to hold his 32 year old hand? Gawd.

Speaking of mamas, Pole's gave him another lock of her hair. I. Am. Dead.

I would just like to point out that Mother Pole has Mother Coltee's eyebrows.

That is all.

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Ain't that the bloody truth?

I'm sure I've missed segments because my DVR would say "new," but I'd start to watch it and think I'd already seen it.

Then some kind poster here pointed out that the first hour is the previous week's episode and the second hour is new.  

TLC - The Largest Clusterfuck.  

TLC is getting a little too arrogant with this nonsense because they know their trainwrecks are the trainwreckiest and therefore I will endure all these shenanigans to watch.

10 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

My brother worked in the federal prison system,  that along with his 5 year military time,  he was able to retire last year at the age of 50.  Mr. Tostandon is very jealous! 

I could not believe the difference in the way the Qutar woman looked!  I still don't believe she's 51, or 55.  Not only does she look several years older compared to the pictures,  but several pounds heavier.   I was very uncomfortable when she said asked her "fiance" to show her his  "six- pack", I was afraid we were going to have to watch some phone sex.  

I am in my mid to late 50's (I stopped acknowledging birthdays,  lol)... but when I see those women with those guys 30 years younger,  all I  envision is my 18 year old grandson!   

Someone else asked & I was wondering the same thing... do the other countries have the same requirements at US with having to sponsor the person coming over for 10 years? 

That sounds like a solid retirement!

It was just skeevy and weird with the video phone thing. 

It reminded me of some old guy sitting around in his Barca lounger in his froot of the loom boxers with a cold beer asking a webcam girl to take her shirt off.

Imma need some mind bleach with the suggestion of phone sex!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 6/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, seacliffsal said:

When Jenny was crying and saying that she had done too much to not follow through I was like "NOPE!"  If you don't want to go you can still cancel.  It's like some brides who are like "I've invested too much into the wedding to not get married" which, again, NO!  It's the perfect time to back out BEFORE getting married.  And, if Jenny truly was questioning her decision and not wanting to go forward (but, wah, I sold my furniture...), it's still better to end it now than once in India (or Qatar, or Ecuador, or any of these countries to which they are moving).  

This show is everything...

I came to post the exact same thing.  Jenny" "I've come so far into this thing, all I can do is move forward and hope for the best."  Nope!  Sunk Cost Fallacy.

• Love 6
On 6/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yep.  He told his mother that he couldn't just pick two containers to take with him because he didn't know what was in each box and everything was crammed in tight.  Lord help me, it kind of made sense.

It seemed to me going with just 2 trunks wouldn't have mattered much if 3/4 of the load was baby stuff.  Bringing 3 trunks of baby stuff 30 days later isn't much different.

• Love 2

My bigger issue is her being totally fine with all the lying Sumit is doing to his family.  Has any healthy relationship ever included so much lying?

How is that even going to work long term? Is he going to lie forever? What if they want to come visit his new home? The longer he waits to tell them, the more pissed off they're going to be. And I work with a lot of people from India, and culture-wise there are things you just don't do, because you don't risk disrespecting your parents or your in-laws. He's risking a lot doing this if this story is really true and not just made up for TLC. Culturally, this is a very big deal in India to offend your parents this way. 

Paul has serious issues. Anger and other mental health stuff. And he's 35 and can't get a job making at least $26k a year to bring his wife to this country. I'm betting that's because of his criminal record. And he's about to have a baby in a foreign country with no money and no way to get a job there.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

How is that even going to work long term? Is he going to lie forever? What if they want to come visit his new home? The longer he waits to tell them, the more pissed off they're going to be. And I work with a lot of people from India, and culture-wise there are things you just don't do, because you don't risk disrespecting your parents or your in-laws. He's risking a lot doing this if this story is really true and not just made up for TLC. Culturally, this is a very big deal in India to offend your parents this way. 

Paul has serious issues. Anger and other mental health stuff. And he's 35 and can't get a job making at least $26k a year to bring his wife to this country. I'm betting that's because of his criminal record. And he's about to have a baby in a foreign country with no money and no way to get a job there.

Exactly!  Like it would be weird for a 30 year old man not to think this thing through because of wishful thinking.

It's unbelievable that a 60 year old woman with $6000 to her name who quit her job to move to another country not to think these things through.  Jenny's wishful thinking is somewhat charming I suppose but damn is it likely to blow up in her face.

Worst case scenario for sumit if it doesn't work is that he keeps his job and maybe keeps living with his parents or decides to have an apartment.  Yes, his parents are mad, but they will recover and he will end up with a wife that isn't white and blonde haired.  

Worse case for Jenny is that she uses up a good portion of her $6000 life's savings and has to come back to the United States and find a job.  It is very hard for women over 50 to find work.  I was just watching a PBS news story on it.  And I'm not sure how medical care works in India, but she better hope she doesn't have an emergency because that could eat further into her life savings.

And if she had carefully weighed the risks and the rewards and went for it...cool.  But she never seems to have even basic information to help weigh the pros and cons.

• Love 5

Worse case for Jenny is that she uses up a good portion of her $6000 life's savings and has to come back to the United States and find a job. 

Worst case for Jenny is that she disappears and is never heard from again after dishonoring her boyfriend's family. Americans don't always realize how serious dishonoring your family is in other countries. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I was struck by two things in the Jenny/Sumit story:  In some states (I live in PA), the law was changed not too long ago to permit competition among electricity providers, and I get many, many calls from young men with subcontinental accents identifying themselves as "John" or "Michael" who want to help me switch to another provider who will provide electricity at lower rates than what I'm paying now.  This is what Sumit is doing.  I've spent some time arguing with "John" that no, his name isn't John but Patel and he's always clung fast to the myth of his Western name.  They don't know who my provider is because they are cold-calling in states where it's possible to change your electricity company.  I tell them I have solar power, which flummoxes them (and is true!) and they say goodbye.  Or I just hang up and block that number.  Nuisance unsolicited business calls, illegal if your number is on the "no-call" list but good luck with that.

Jenny imo looked so much better with her hair up.  I agree that she believes her flowing blond(ish) tresses make her look younger, but she is wrong.  There is something funny about her neck--she should make friends with some scarves--check out Jane Fonda.  Her glasses frames are bad, too, as is her makeup.  She needs a professional makeover.

No one looks good in those tops with the missing shoulders, or with dark lipstick outlining the lips.  No one.

• Love 17

The western names always feel weird and never put me at ease as they were designed to do.  

I mean, I don't really think I'm talking to Charlie/Joe/Randy/Beth/Jill.  Let's just drop the pretense and get down to fixing my computer shall we?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

First bolding:  My thoughts too.  Why is everyone seemingly okay with lying to everyone with such ease.   Second bolding:  I agree however I would like to think it is a big deal to lie to your folks here in the USA as well.

Third bolding:  Then he tried to manipulate his mom into sponsoring her.  Not her problem, Paul.  

22 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I raised my kids.......now they can darn well raise their own. 

When people pop into work with a newborn, I am like, "Don't make me touch that baby" lol.  Cute kid, sure but I raised mine.  No hurry for grandkids.  Like in ten years?  Maybe?  If ever?

• LOL 4
On 6/13/2019 at 9:05 AM, Dmarie019 said:

Oh she for sure knows! She keeps talking about how he's lying to his parents. And as a parent herself I don't get why she thinks that's totally ok. 

Yes, I realize now that she knows.  I wonder if he’s going to back out of telling them at that last minute and try to keep her in some hotel or apt without their knowing. He said he works nights, so he can have time with her in the morning after or evening before going to work. She’s not going to go like that.

• Love 1

I read some where last season with Paul that he suffers from hoarding when he gets stressed - this was from his ex gf the one he had stalked and got charged with arson a few years ago when she broke up with him. She said that was one of the reasons she left was his hoarding and it looks like he is back at it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jenny’s daughter’s eyebrows are in desperate need of an intervention.

I feel like she may have burned them off when she was cooking or making meth, or maybe making s'mores.

No eyebrow hair can't be intentional, right?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I just don’t get how somemeat  actually believes nobody in his hometown, where it sounds as if everybody knows everybody and their business is going to get away with hiding wife Jenny from his parents. If he wanted to do that why didn’t he look to move further away?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, suziespend said:

I just don’t get how somemeat  actually believes nobody in his hometown, where it sounds as if everybody knows everybody and their business is going to get away with hiding wife Jenny from his parents. If he wanted to do that why didn’t he look to move further away?

I don’t think he believes it. 

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think he believes it. 

So then is it a scam or is summit just wishful thinking? Maybe he wants to piss his parents off and embarrass them so he can be free to live his life with or without Jenny. 

13 minutes ago, suziespend said:

So then is it a scam or is summit just wishful thinking? Maybe he wants to piss his parents off and embarrass them so he can be free to live his life with or without Jenny. 

I think it's wishful thinking.  They weren't embarrassed enough when Jenny spent weeks in their house during her first trip to India.  If he wanted to live his life the better option would have been to come to the US.  Jenny doesn't have dependents and she has to make over $26k if she works at a resort.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think it's wishful thinking.  They weren't embarrassed enough when Jenny spent weeks in their house during her first trip to India.  If he wanted to live his life the better option would have been to come to the US.  Jenny doesn't have dependents and she has to make over $26k if she works at a resort.

Yes I think it’s wishful thinking. 

But he catfished her for months- that has “scam” in neon letters. @suziespend I need more info to get a read on him. 

I haven’t memorized names yet but the young makeup artist with a child- I don’t think her fiancé is scamming her, but I think it’s a “normal” situation of loving someone with an addiction. It’s just he’s had an easier time hiding his addiction because of the distance. While I want him to get clean and rebuild his life after gambling, I don’t think she’s being realistic. Not a year ago this man was stealing from his MOTHER. His MOTHER. He’s not ready to be someone’s husband. And she has a child to think about. Even if he was local I would hold off on marriage at least another year so he could focus on his recovery. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes I think it’s wishful thinking. 

But he catfished her for months- that has “scam” in neon letters. @suziespend I need more info to get a read on him. 

I haven’t memorized names yet but the young makeup artist with a child- I don’t think her fiancé is scamming her, but I think it’s a “normal” situation of loving someone with an addiction. It’s just he’s had an easier time hiding his addiction because of the distance. While I want him to get clean and rebuild his life after gambling, I don’t think she’s being realistic. Not a year ago this man was stealing from his MOTHER. His MOTHER. He’s not ready to be someone’s husband. And she has a child to think about. Even if he was local I would hold off on marriage at least another year so he could focus on his recovery. 

I tend to forget about the catfishing.  Though he did come clean on his own and you know Jenny isn't sophisticated enough to have figured it out.  He could have kept that catfish going for decades, but something compelled him to confess.  

I don't think he is a good liar per se, I just think Jenny is an easy mark because she is gulliable.

I believe the makeup artist is Tiffany.  I agree with you.  I can't see that situation ending well and something just seems off about him.  I can't put my finger on it, and if I could....that finger would stink.

But yeah, a guy who stole from his mother is probably not the guy you move to another continent to immediately marry.  She is worrisome because she also doesn't have a lot of facts about his past criminal record.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I believe the makeup artist is Tiffany.  I agree with you.  I can't see that situation ending well and something just seems off about him.  I can't put my finger on it, and if I could....that finger would stink.

But yeah, a guy who stole from his mother is probably not the guy you move to another continent to immediately marry.  She is worrisome because she also doesn't have a lot of facts about his past criminal record.

It sounds silly, but the Sandra Bullock movie 28 Days is right.  When you get out of rehab, get a plant.  If it's alive a year later, get a pet.  If it's alive a year later, get a relationship.  8 days is not nearly long enough for him to have any sort of concept of how to live, let alone adding the stress of a spouse and child.  Love is NOT all you need.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

It sounds silly, but the Sandra Bullock movie 28 Days is right.  When you get out of rehab, get a plant.  If it's alive a year later, get a pet.  If it's alive a year later, get a relationship.  8 days is not nearly long enough for him to have any sort of concept of how to live, let alone adding the stress of a spouse and child.  Love is NOT all you need.

Wow, that sounds about right.

Love is probably not even the first thing you need.  We have a fairly high divorce rate in the US where people marry for love.

When I was in high school I had an Indian friend who left school early because her parents had arranged her marriage.  We all pitied her at the time.

She is still married to her husband, she has three adorable children and she is a highly sought after medical doctor.  She didn't marry for love, but it seems like it developed over the years, and while her life may not be perfect...it seems pretty good.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, suziespend said:

Has it been mentioned why he’s not coming to the states? She stated he sent her a ticket so he must have cash.  Also the “ call center” sounds like a scam situation not a outsourced customer service for “ your electricity provider” 

Evelin is cleaning him out but gramma cousins and their neighbors  will be well dressed.  How the heck do these people get dressed in the morning? 

• Love 3

Why is Jenny pronouncing his name like "summie?"  When he was telling his friends he was going to marry Jenny,  blue jacket guy clearly called him Soo-mit.  I'm going to assume the Indian guy knows how to pronounce his name LOL.   Is Sumi a pet name?

I was annoyed when she landed she went to use her phone and she said "My phone doesn't work here!"   Good gravy.   Ignorant?  Americentric?  Yikes.   And how is that the worst thing that's ever happened to her?   If he doesn't show up I'd hope he is OK first but hey I'm checking into a hotel.   NBD

I even expect Michael Jones to know that and remind her she needed an international plan.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Wow, that sounds about right.

Love is probably not even the first thing you need.  We have a fairly high divorce rate in the US where people marry for love.

When I was in high school I had an Indian friend who left school early because her parents had arranged her marriage.  We all pitied her at the time.

She is still married to her husband, she has three adorable children and she is a highly sought after medical doctor.  She didn't marry for love, but it seems like it developed over the years, and while her life may not be perfect...it seems pretty good.

Specific to Indian culture the arranged marriages rarely end in official divorce because there is such a high stigma to divorce.  Even if you are both unhappy or even in the case of abuse.  If it's all you know (my parents had an arranged marriage, my grandparents, my cousins etc) then you just accept it as what it is.   Some Indians don't yearn to go outside of the traditions or marry out of race...it's just too much drama.  Sumit is rocking the boat for sure.

Some American born Indians are kind of hybrids lol.  Not traditional arranged marriages but basically pick an indian spouse from a "good family" and not rock the boat.   Ah the benefits of America LOL!   I wonder what those stats are.  I only have a small sample size but I don't know any of those who have broken up yet.   And yes same stigma where Indians become doctors, lawyers or engineers. 

Then my Indian bf only dated Caucasian guys in college, was anti indian guys.  Waits to get married until she is 40 and he ended up being Indian.  I laughed pretty hard.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, suziespend said:

With $700 dollars worth of stuff from the clearance rack that Mormon guy bought for them

Oh that side of the equation knows exactly what’s what.  I was thinking about Jenny and  Tiffany who didn’t ask further into the grand thief charge of the criminal love of her life. If she doesn’t know what it involved then she doesn’t have to admit she’s an idiot. The thought of exposing her son to it boggles the mind 

• Love 2
On 6/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, Mothra said:

Jenny imo looked so much better with her hair up.  I agree that she believes her flowing blond(ish) tresses make her look younger, but she is wrong.  There is something funny about her neck--she should make friends with some scarves--check out Jane Fonda.  Her glasses frames are bad, too, as is her makeup.  She needs a professional makeover.

No one looks good in those tops with the missing shoulders, or with dark lipstick outlining the lips.  No one.

Jenny should definitely invest in some scarves! The neck is a dead giveaway. I have a whole array and rarely go out without one now. 

But scarves would be a bandaid. I agree she needs more flattering glasses and a softer makeup look. And just say no to cold shoulders! 

• Love 4

I rewatched the initial episode, and the part where Jenny is talking to the financial planner is hideously compressed.    I could tell where there were cuts in the conversation, so who knows exactly what was said, and if the answers actually matched up with the questions.    Also, I notice the part where Jenny is talking about assets, etc. is really chopped out of a longer conversation.     Also, she said she was born in 1957, so sometime this year she's 62.     She might be shaving a couple of years off for other reasons, but at the planner she said she was born in 1957.   

• Useful 3

Jenny should take the 6K and have a neck lift instead of spending it on a boy toy. I think she's reasonably attractive and can find love that has a chance of working out. Sumit and his extended family are not it. 

90 day fiance makes me say things I'd never say in real life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I rewatched the initial episode, and the part where Jenny is talking to the financial planner is hideously compressed.    I could tell where there were cuts in the conversation, so who knows exactly what was said, and if the answers actually matched up with the questions.    Also, I notice the part where Jenny is talking about assets, etc. is really chopped out of a longer conversation.     Also, she said she was born in 1957, so sometime this year she's 62.     She might be shaving a couple of years off for other reasons, but at the planner she said she was born in 1957.   

If it was filmed last fall it could have been just before her 61st bday and then she will be turning 62 later this year.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Specific to Indian culture the arranged marriages rarely end in official divorce because there is such a high stigma to divorce.  Even if you are both unhappy or even in the case of abuse.  If it's all you know (my parents had an arranged marriage, my grandparents, my cousins etc) then you just accept it as what it is.   Some Indians don't yearn to go outside of the traditions or marry out of race...it's just too much drama.  Sumit is rocking the boat for sure.

Some American born Indians are kind of hybrids lol.  Not traditional arranged marriages but basically pick an indian spouse from a "good family" and not rock the boat.   Ah the benefits of America LOL!   I wonder what those stats are.  I only have a small sample size but I don't know any of those who have broken up yet.   And yes same stigma where Indians become doctors, lawyers or engineers. 

Then my Indian bf only dated Caucasian guys in college, was anti indian guys.  Waits to get married until she is 40 and he ended up being Indian.  I laughed pretty hard.

Thats all interesting. I had an Indian roommate in college who hung out with mostly an Indian crowd, I had the feeling her parents were super traditional but she was actually quite modern (when they werent around at least.) I got the impression that Indian culture emphasizes "overachievement" as I have seen many Indian women get educations (MBAs, Ph.Ds, MD, Pharm D.), before age 30, get married, pop out a few kids, cook and clean like a boss ...etc. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

My thoughts on the Aladin thing was that he may want to get to America and figured a traditional K1 route may be denied since he is from the Middle East. So find a mark to move over there and marry, be there for a while, and then move to America as a married couple. It’s a long con but I have a hard time believing that relationship. 

Looking forward to next weeks upright crocodile run! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 6/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

I live in an area with a high proportion of Indian Americans, and I echo your second paragraph. An Indian guy I dated had his family constantly proposing arrangements for him, but they accepted when he said no, as long as he actively was looking for a future wife. (He and I were dating casually and I wasn't interested in the future he wanted, so I was out of the running.) Ultimately he ended up marrying a white woman, and although we lost touch by that point, mutual friends seem to think they're pretty happy, as are their parents. I wouldn't be surprised if Indian Americans ended up with some arranged marriages or at least some matchmaking. Family is so important in their culture, even for second- and third-generation Indian-Americans.

• Love 1

Yay found the forum! 

Paul/Karine-  I’m Sorry but I have no sypmpathy for these two. ( and it’s not because of his criminal background,which is horrible in itself) it’s because they both are stupid for getting pregnant. Paul thinks 26K a year is impossible, I know college students who work part time and make more then that. You don’t make a baby,when you can’t even figure out how to legally live in one country together,and manage to survive with no plan at all. 

Also after all the miscarriages Karine really should have let her body have more time to heal. I only feel sympathy for the innocent baby. 

Jenny/Summit- I’m not understanding this relationship AT ALL. I’m way younger then Jenny (26) a guy lying to his family like that would be a huge turn off.  I don’t understand how at 60 she doesn’t feel off about it. I’m an adult,I have no reason to lie to anyone,especially my parents,when it comes to my life choices and I expect my husband who is 30 to do the same. 

Laura/Aladin- She’s in lust and he has nice teeth.

Corey/Evelyn- he acted like he was getting brain surgery or something. Over a few shots? Really? I kept waiting for the scene of him leaving the appointment with a sticker and lollipop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

Well the expanded version of episode three is on right now and I had no idea that Corey does not speak a word of Spanish. How is he going to survive it in  Ecuador?  I wonder just how Mormon he is if he works as a bartender?  Also, yes Corey: if you run out of money, Evelyn will dump you. How is that even a question? 

ETA: Tiffany allows her son to call the criminal gambling addict ‘dad’???.? Are you kidding me?????

ETA again: give Ludwig a show so he can share his recipe for grilled cheese with maple syrup. And did that 51 year old woman just say she is not sure if she can still have babies????????

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Yay found the forum! 

Paul/Karine-  I’m Sorry but I have no sypmpathy for these two. ( and it’s not because of his criminal background,which is horrible in itself) it’s because they both are stupid for getting pregnant. Paul thinks 26K a year is impossible, I know college students who work part time and make more then that. You don’t make a baby,when you can’t even figure out how to legally live in one country together,and manage to survive with no plan at all. 

Also after all the miscarriages Karine really should have let her body have more time to heal. I only feel sympathy for the innocent baby. 

Jenny/Summit- I’m not understanding this relationship AT ALL. I’m way younger then Jenny (26) a guy lying to his family like that would be a huge turn off.  I don’t understand how at 60 she doesn’t feel off about it. I’m an adult,I have no reason to lie to anyone,especially my parents,when it comes to my life choices and I expect my husband who is 30 to do the same. 

Laura/Aladin- She’s in lust and he has nice teeth.

Corey/Evelyn- he acted like he was getting brain surgery or something. Over a few shots? Really? I kept waiting for the scene of him leaving the appointment with a sticker and lollipop.

And the crotch of his pants all wet. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, PityFree said:

Well the expanded version of episode three is on right now and I had no idea that Corey does not speak a word of Spanish. How is he going to survive it in  Ecuador?  I wonder just how Mormon he is if he works as a bartender?  Also, yes Corey: if you run out of money, Evelyn will dump you. How is that even a question? 

ETA: Tiffany allows her son to call the criminal gambling addict ‘dad’???.? Are you kidding me?????

ETA again: give Ludwig a show so he can share his recipe for grilled cheese with maple syrup. And did that 51 year old woman just say she is not sure if she can still have babies????????

There's an app for that, ask Pole.

I HATE when parents force their kids into calling someone mom or dad when they've been in the kid's life a nanosecond.

https://puremaplefromcanada.com/recipes/maple-grilled-cheese/

• Love 7
On 6/5/2019 at 12:46 AM, itsadryheat said:

I'm 65, still working, so post phoning my social security. Next year when I turn 66, I can receive a portion of my ex husbands social security and hold off on mine until 70'ish. If he passes while I am collecting his portion, his portion to me would increase.  (I think. Took a lot of trips to soc sec office and conversations to figure this out. Will find out if it's true in Feb.)

I would be eligible now to take benefits if I was not working. I would also be able to take a greatly reduced amount in conjunction while working, but its not worth it, as I think there might be an issue once you take yours at a reduced rate, going back to the full amount. Definitely a research project.

Then there is Medicare . . . another rubiks cube.

Jenny sounds like she my be screwing herself. I'd be spending time figuring this out rather than selling my clothes.

Just wanted to add, I began collecting SS early, at 62. They told me that because I started early, the amount will always remain at the reduced rate, except for cost of living increases.

Jenny is a complete idiot, and Sumit is not nearly as committed to her as she thinks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Just wanted to add, I began collecting SS early, at 62. They told me that because I started early, the amount will always remain at the reduced rate, except for cost of living increases.

Jenny is a complete idiot, and Sumit is not nearly as committed to her as she thinks.

I did the same. I was able to retire and collect my pension and SS at 62. Even though my SS is reduced, the amount I will collect between 62 and full retirement age would take me years to collect at the higher amount if I waited to collect. Luckily between my pension, SS and my own investments  I don’t have to work. 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I did the same. I was able to retire and collect my pension and SS at 62. Even though my SS is reduced, the amount I will collect between 62 and full retirement age would take me years to collect at the higher amount if I waited to collect. Luckily between my pension, SS and my own investments  I don’t have to work. 

I believe that is the case for most folks. I had a  well to do friend who didn’t work ( at least for 30 years) but husband always made a large salary. They always had financial planners accountants etc.  When she was 62 they were advised to collect and not wait till husband was 70 ( he was maybe 68)  she got to collect according to his and sad but she passed away last year. It’s a gamble to wait till it’s going to be more. What amount of time do you have to have been married to collect on an ex ??  The thought of my ex now collecting on what I get because my husband also had a high  salary pisses me off because of all that he did not provide for our kids. 

Would it have made  sense to put her stuff in storage to see if he could come from India? Silly me thinking these folks are thinking. 

• Love 1