Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: All In The Name of Love/S01.E02: Embargos and Ultimatums/S01.E03: It's Go Time

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

And Evilyn told Mormon moron to learn Spanish because he can’t cling to her like the first time he went to Ecuador.  Sounds like she wants rid off him, but like gum on a shoe just won’t go away.  I guess Evelin hasn’t heard the saying “Treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen”.

I still detest Evelyn.  If she doesn't want the man why not say, "I don't want you, I don't love you, go away."  See how easy that is?  But this heifer wants the cash; I can practically see the dollar signs in her eyes.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I still detest Evelyn.  If she doesn't want the man why not say, "I don't want you, I don't love you, go away."  See how easy that is?  But this heifer wants the cash; I can practically see the dollar signs in her eyes.

Well, she doesn't want him making a scene and getting all suspicious.  If she gaslights him until HE breaks up with HER, he is less likely to ask a lot of questions about exactly where his money was "invested" and he can always counter friends and family saying she used him by saying 'but I broke up with her!"

It's very cunning and yeah this maybe isn't her first time doing this sort of thing

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's very cunning and yeah this maybe isn't her first time doing this sort of thing

Very cunning and to me, that's what makes her nasty.  I can see her killing someone and not batting an eye.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Very cunning and to me, that's what makes her nasty.  I can see her killing someone and not batting an eye.

I couldn't agree more.  For his sake, I hope he takes the hint and just gets out of there.  He can make more money, but I think if he made a stink she would have no problem disappearing him.

That 40k is lost and he should consider it a life lesson.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

AND, the policy isn't going to change when he buys a new ticket. 

He STILL won't be able to take all that shit with him on another flight and will have to pay additional money to get it there.

Not necessarily.

Baggage embargoes are usually in effect for a limited duration; most commonly, 30 days or so.

(I worked for a major commercial airline [probably the same carrier Paul was using to fly to Manaus] for 22 years - a year of that as a baggage service agent).

• Love 5
(edited)

I really like Sumit. He seems adorable, like Jenny said. He seems to really care for her.

However, I'm afraid that aware of it or not, the "call center" is a scam outfit. First he said to the customer, "I'm calling from the utility provider." Note, he didn't name the provider. That makes no sense if the call is legitimate. Elsewhere, he says he is going to "check to see if we can provide those rates in your area." Whose utility company calls them and offers to lower their rates? And if so, shouldn't they already know if special rates were available before mentioning them? Apparently, this scam is one intended to mine personal information from the victim. Another giveaway is changing the name to a Western sounding name, which scammers do all the time.

I really hope this isn't true, or that he doesn't know, because they seem to really like each other.

Edited by renatae
Clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, renatae said:

<snip>

However, I'm afraid that aware of it or not, the "call center" is a scam outfit. First he said to the customer, I'm calling from the utility provider." Note, he didn't name the provider. That makes no sense if the call is legitimate. Elsewhere, he says he is going to" check to see if we can provide the rates in your area." Whose utility company calls them and offers to lower their rates? Apparently, this scam is one intended to mine personal information from the victim. Another giveaway is changing the name to a Western sounding name.

<snip>

Or, they weren't allowed to film actual calls that would identify the company/type of service in any way, so producers gave him a script to use.

Most call centers in India provide customer service for companies based in the U.S..

AFAIK, and in my experience, they all identify themselves using Western names.

Just as an FYI, when I first began my career with a major commercial airline, I worked as a Reservations Sales Agent for a couple of years. We were allowed to use any name we liked, but we had to use that name on every call AND the name had to be noted in our file, so if a customer had a complaint or commendation, it would be credited to the right agent. Many agents chose to use names other than their real names (both first and last), usually because their names sounded different over the phone, and customers couldn't intuitively spell them without help.

When you need to meet a maximum call time average (ours was 180 seconds per call), you DON'T want to waste precious seconds spelling your name to every customer that wants to write it down!

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

You guys, I have news.  Apparently the episode we watched, and are discussing, was actually 2 episodes.  Episode 1 started with Jenny packing at her daughter's place, Episode 2 started when Pole went to the lawyer with his mom.  I got confused when my DVR said Monday was episode 3.  I'm spoiled by the 2 hour Happily shows that my brain forgot that 1 hour is more normal.  Sweet jimminy they're trying to drive us insane with all the shows, variations, extended episodes, and pillow talk.  

If it confuses us, reasonably rational, intelligent people, then how do the people on the show ever get to watch their episodes?  Maybe that's the point.  Don't let them see how they're edited.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

You guys, I have news.  Apparently the episode we watched, and are discussing, was actually 2 episodes.  Episode 1 started with Jenny packing at her daughter's place, Episode 2 started when Pole went to the lawyer with his mom.  I got confused when my DVR said Monday was episode 3.  I'm spoiled by the 2 hour Happily shows that my brain forgot that 1 hour is more normal.  Sweet jimminy they're trying to drive us insane with all the shows, variations, extended episodes, and pillow talk.  

If it confuses us, reasonably rational, intelligent people, then how do the people on the show ever get to watch their episodes?  Maybe that's the point.  Don't let them see how they're edited.

Seriously...watching this show is like a job.....one that should pay at least 26k a year!

Sucks for sumit (and victims) if he works in a scam center, because he must spend like 99.999999% of his day getting yelled at or hung up on.  But they do make up names at call centers, I have talked to many Mike Jones, Mary Smith's and Dan Brown's with a middle eastern accent.  

I would actually prefer their real names or something a little more exotic.  It feels weird for someone to use a name that clearly isn't theirs.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

They are moving Pillow Talk to Sunday night to make room for what on Monday?  And I don’t want to rewatch clips from the episode immediately after watching it.  In fact, I often watch Pillow Talk later in the week to have some space after the original show.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

But aren't there places to buy living supplies and baby supplies in Brazil? He is flying into Manaus, which is a city of 2M people. I suppose he probably doesn't have the money, but maybe his mom could return some of the stuff he bought and send him the cash and they could buy stuff. 

Or maybe all his American family and friends threw him a baby shower and that's the stuff he wants to take with him.  There was no money - all just stuff that people bought for the baby.

Nah.  Just kidding.

• LOL 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Spike said:

They are moving Pillow Talk to Sunday night to make room for what on Monday?  And I don’t want to rewatch clips from the episode immediately after watching it.  In fact, I often watch Pillow Talk later in the week to have some space after the original show.

My antique DVR is about to burst into flames trying to sort this mess out. 

If there is anything "new" in the '"expanded" versions, it must be more commercials for little weird, polyamorous housewives with twenty children, popping each other's zits.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Or maybe all his American family and friends threw him a baby shower and that's the stuff he wants to take with him.  There was no money - all just stuff that people bought for the baby.

Nah.  Just kidding.

lol, I was going to say 'what friends!?'  Poor Poul was crying to Mother Poul about how he has no friends and has had no support or help from anyone.  He's had to do this alllll alooonne!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

lol, I was going to say 'what friends!?'  Poor Poul was crying to Mother Poul about how he has no friends and has had no support or help from anyone.  He's had to do this alllll alooonne!

He doesn't have some sort of doomsday prepper Facebook friends?  Domestic militia friends?  There isn't a Facebook group dedicated to the dangers of the Amazonian penis fish?

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

would actually prefer their real names or something a little more exotic.  It feels weird for someone to use a name that clearly isn't theirs.  

By the time whatever I have going on has me "visiting" with a call center..it's all I can do to not sound like someone on the ID Channel.

So far, It's easy to peg all these morons on their scams/insecurities, but I'll admit to being perplexed at Sumit's motivations.  He def has a future in Bollywood.

• LOL 5

Can RONALD please start going by “Ron” instead? The way his fiancé says “Ronald” is driving me insane. Also, they are all nuts and I’ve never seen more of a sad sack than Jenny. It’s ridiculous for her to complain about being alone and unloved when she has children and grandchildren in her life that care about her. 

• Love 14

Late last night, these episodes reaired. I caught the Pole call to customer service again and there was at least a minute of the call missing from what I watched on the TLC app. I've noticed that there are always things that some of us catch where others don't and wondered if it was a difference between watching the network airing versus online or on the app. 

As far as the Pole conversation, that missing time probably doesn't really change anything; he has always been a horrible jerk and hotheaded enough to just cancel his ticket and eat the cost because he couldn't take more than two pieces of cargo with him, so it's not like he was shown in a poorer light than if the extra time was included on the broadcast airing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, Brooklynista said:
On 6/3/2019 at 10:30 PM, endure said:

Wow hard to find this forum!!!

This has become an absolute jumbled mess! I want to make fun of morons but I have to play Go Fish thru 100 forums to do it.

I need TLC to slow down a little bit.

Oh Yes! A thousand times! Put them all one ONE PAGE. PLEASE............

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

OK, I have now seen more wrong info about social security in this forum.

These shows have made us all immigration gurus!  We also watch court shows and are Ivey League lawyers!  😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mambo Gladys said:

It’s ridiculous for her to complain about being alone and unloved when she has children and grandchildren in her life that care about her. 

What Jenny thinks she wants (maybe she does want it) is romantic love.  She wants a romantic primary relationship.  Just because she's 60 doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to have a romantic partner.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

They're really making me crazy with this! Before we left for our 50th anniversary trip (lol, couldn't resist the blatant self promotion) I taped what was supposed to be The Other Way, and when I came back, there was another episode taped Thursday that was supposed to be Happily Ever After, which turned out to be nearly the same episode of The Other Way, yet was supposed to be new. Then there are all those "A little extra" or whatever episodes which drive me crazy. They are trying to take over my entire DVR.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

If you go on their website, you can see which shows are which.  What I think they're doing is trying to fill your DVR with "90 Day Fiancee shows."  

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Most call centers in India provide customer service for companies based in the U.S.. 

That's true, but notice he initiated the call, and still doesn't explain why he is discussing rate changes he's not promising to provide. But it's nice to know that his job may actually be legit.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Ah, but remember, earlier he thought Kreeny might have had a little "help" getting pregnant, lol.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

MY DVR Schedule shows that on Sunday there will be a new 90DFHEA, then something, then Pillowtalk.  On Monday, it shows three 1 hour new episodes of 90DFOW.

Only the 9pm one is actually new.  The other 2 are "more to love" extended episodes of last week's show(s).  

Sunday it's 2 new hours of Happily, then sMothered (the super creepy new show), then pillow talk of the earlier new episode.

And Pillow Talk was moved to make way for Kate plus Date.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Only the 9pm one is actually new.  The other 2 are "more to love" extended episodes of last week's show(s).  

Sunday it's 2 new hours of Happily, then sMothered (the super creepy new show), then pillow talk of the earlier new episode.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, happy hobo said:

B) the government deposits it into your account in US dollars and most foreign banks will allow you to keep it in either US funds or the countries currency (US is one of the few countries that does not allow banking in foreign currencies which is why you can't collect your funds in Euros if you are banking in the US)

What is the source of this information?

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Good question.  We have traveled a bit internationally, and have been able to withdraw funds from our American credit union account at ATMs in England and France . . . and the machines spit out the money in Pounds or Euros, depending on where we were.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, renatae said:

That's true, but notice he initiated the call, and still doesn't explain why he is discussing rate changes he's not promising to provide. But it's nice to know that his job may actually be legit.

I suspect they were not allowed to film a real call, which would have most likely been an inbound call to the call center. It may have been due to privacy matters and/or giving free advertising to the company for which the call center is providing customer service.

Usually when calling customer service for a company, the agent answers the call with the name of the company, followed by their name ("XYZ Airlines, Susan Smith. How may I assist you?"). Customer service agents also typically use the customer's name several times during the call.

Could they, instead, have faked an inbound call and made up a company and customer name? Sure. But then people would Google to see if the company was a real company, and upon discovering it wasn't, also ponder whether the call center was in reality running a scam, hence the reason for a fake name. 😉 So not an improvement over how they did handle it!

If either one or both of those issues (privacy/advertising) was a problem and forbidden by Sharp as per their filming rules, and/or forbidden by local (Indian) law, then the entire call was probably a completely made-up scenario (outbound, instead of inbound call, faked, nobody was actually called - pretending to be representing an unnamed, generic, "utility company", etc.).

Even if none of what I mentioned was an issue, bear in mind most real calls to a company's customer service line relate to problems the customer is having with the product or service they bought. Most companies probably don't want to plant/reinforce the idea people could have a problem with whatever product or service they sell into the minds of potential future customers - even though logically we all know it's always a possibility something can go wrong with anything we buy. So that could also be a reason for why they chose to handle it the way they did.

• Love 5
On 6/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, Pondlass1 said:

This what gets me with these catfish stories on Dr. Phil. We are all beautiful on the inside of course, but come on.  Those first set of photos were of a gorgeous young model from cologne ads on TV.  Why would the man in that photo be interested in a 60 year old he's never met.  What kind of ego do these women have?  

So many gigantic red herrings.  We are either being hoodwinked by TLC or there are folk in the US that are scarily stupid and shouldn't be let out alone. 

Hi have you met us? Seriously there are people here (and everywhere to be honest) that are so deeply stupid I seriously wonder how they manage to find their way home after work. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What Jenny thinks she wants (maybe she does want it) is romantic love.  She wants a romantic primary relationship.  Just because she's 60 doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to have a romantic partner.

She is more than entitled to love at 60, I'm in my 50s and would not mind a romantic partner though it's not a prime concern. What is sad is that her divorce was so painful for her she seems to derive all of her self worth from the idea of being in a romatic relationship. I mean those red flags are spinning like pinwheels and she's still forging ahead. 

Edited by Lillith
Correct spelling is an actual thing
  • Love 19
On 6/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Lily247 said:

Sumit"s family is disgusted by all of this. If an American mother disapproves of her 30 year old son marrying a 60 year old woman, an Indian mother will throw her son out. Indian parents are typically conservative, care greatly what their neighbors/relatives think, and a huge part of the culture is respect for elders. Hopefully Sumit will be able to afford a place of his own for him and Jenny. His granny fetish is wierd. 

And didn't he indicate that after playing gracious hosts to Jenny during her visit, as soon as she left his family told him he was not to tell anyone who she was or that they were "dating"?  I seem to remember a brief discussion, I think when he was sitting with his friends telling them he was going to marry her, and that it wouldn't matter what they thought or how they felt because he would tell them he had to move far away from them for a job.  

It usually takes me a couple of viewings (because I'm clearly a reality TV masochist) to remember exactly what was said, but I'm pretty sure the above was the gist of it.  

I don't see this ending well for either Jenny or Sumit, perhaps even worse for Sumit.  Yikes.  

I thought for sure when on 90FD focused briefly on Molly's brother's relationship with the woman in Norway (?) and the fact that he was moving there would segue into him being on this franchise...silly me, then I remembered that he seems relatively normal, the woman seems relatively normal, and he's moving to a lovely rogue-pig-free, shitwater-free drinking water country.  Yeah, TLC probably took a big PASS on that "the other way."  

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 6/7/2019 at 11:22 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I think my new favorite person on reality tv is the friend of Sumit who was ready for his moment on camera and DELIVERED - his "THAT JENNY?",

That was one of those awesome moments of reality TV that delight me, a genuine reaction to something absurd.  I hate it when the participants measure their responses because they know the camera is on them.  This comment by Sumit's friend was pure reality GOLD.  ❤️ 

• Love 22
(edited)
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Another horrid show (possibly) with a horrid person (confirmed.)

And I shall be there for every snarkworthy moment (and it should have a lot of those!), although it'll take a lot to beat this little gem.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Sounds like 4 snark-filled hours of entertainment.

Perfect Sunday night.  😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kangatush said:

The other 2 are "more to love" extended episodes of last week's show(s).  

Maybe it's me, but I never seem to see anything "extended".

Appears the same episode, with idiot me watching a second time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
On 6/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, politichick said:

Also, can't she have dual citizenship so she can keep her social security? She paid into that.

She's not giving up or losing her citizenship. Americans move to other countries all the time without the requirement to surrender their citizenship.

• Love 3
On 6/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, LucyEth said:

Social Security International Division, Maryland office.

They will deposit your money in US dollars (in almost any country) if your account ACCEPTS money in US currency (My bank has me with one account in Canadian Dollars and another attached account in US funds). If I go to take out the $$ thru an ATM, I first have to transfer the money to the Canadian account and then the machine will spit out Canadian money. However, if i go over to the bank, I can ask for any money I have in the US account in US dollars OR Canadian funds. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

Finally caught up on the first two episodes. So many future disasters.  You guys have said it all already so I’ll just note that you should not to marry someone hoping they will change.  You might love each other, but if one wants kids in the other doesn’t or if one is very religious and you aren’t—or both! (looking at you Evil-lyn)—you’re in for a world of hurt.

Oh I almost forgot to add in here that I didn’t think that Paul could get even more ridiculous. I’m impressed that his mom didn’t cave and support his awful life decisions. ETA: I almost forgot to mention the bullet proof baby carrier.  Paul has no money and I’m sure his spent a fortune for it just so  the baby can outgrow it in a year and then be the son of a headless father.

Edited by PityFree
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4
(edited)

OK I don’t think Sumit has thought this all the way through. If he’s telling his parents he’s moving out of the city but is staying there how is he going to avoid running into them????  Won’t they bump into him at some point?

It’s my understanding that getting a call-center job is very prestigious over there. But his $2000 a year plus whatever Jenny made from selling all of her cold-shoulder tops won’t go far.

Edited by PityFree
Forgot the word ‘job’
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
Just now, PityFree said:

OK I don’t think Sumit has thought this all the way through. If he’s telling his parents he’s moving out of the city but is staying there how is he going to avoid running into them????  Won’t they bump into him at some point?

It’s my understanding that getting a call-center is very prestigious over there. But his $2000 a year plus whatever Jenny made from selling all of her cold-shoulder tops won’t go far.

I bet he’s going to wear a disguise!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

If you're posting during the episode's first airing (for ANY 90DF show) you should be using the Live Chat thread.  After you've watched the whole episode, return to the show/episode topics.

All posts complaining about not knowing where to post have been removed.  I recommend you all read the announcement thread at the top of each and every 90DF forum. 

The combined live chat is meant to simplify things with the introduction of so many spinoffs, but if it's just going to result in dramatics we'll eliminate live chat entirely and go back to locked episode threads.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't believe the Mormon guy saying he put the bar property into Evil-lyn's name. He made it sound as though it had to be this way because she was the Ecuadorian. However, I checked it out, and there is no legal problem with him owning property or a business there.

Which begs the question of whether he did the same with the "investments."

He said he was "boxed in." He surely is, and he did it all to himself. He has left himself with no way out, no Plan B. As his dad brought up, where is her give in the give and take? She has laid out the parameters and he is the loser in every important issue. I'm sure she'll have the bases covered on the minor ones as well.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, renatae said:

I couldn't believe the Mormon guy saying he put the bar property into Evil-lyn's name. He made it sound as though it had to be this way because she was the Ecuadorian. However, I checked it out, and there is no legal problem with him owning property or a business there.

Which begs the question of whether he did the same with the "investments."

He said he was "boxed in." He surely is, and he did it all to himself. He has left himself with no way out, no Plan B. As his dad brought up, where is her give in the give and take? She has laid out the parameters and he is the loser in every important issue. I'm sure she'll have the bases covered on the minor ones as well.

I had a feeling this is how it all happened and why evelin is trying to encourage Corey to get lost.  He should cut his losses and consider this all an expensive life lesson.  If he insists on sticking around, I think she could disappear him in a new York minute and without a second thought.  

As someone else said...those street pigs look suspiciously well fed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5