Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: All In The Name of Love/S01.E02: Embargos and Ultimatums/S01.E03: It's Go Time

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

This has become an absolute jumbled mess! I want to make fun of morons but I have to play Go Fish thru 100 forums to do it.

I need TLC to slow down a little bit.

With ya, B.  First I couldn’t tell one show from the other or tell new from old because they’re all labeled new with rehashed crap and now I can’t tell one forum from the other.  I go to post and then have to go look at where I am first.  It’s like the twilight zone. I need more gear than Pole to navigate.  Worth it, tho.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, millennium said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he said he gave her $30,000 to establish a business in Pigville.   Hence his later approximation of having already spent $40,000 on the wizened grifter.

He gave her 30 000 to invest in properties, 6000 to buy car for her and 2000 to invest in cocktail bar. 

I question the expensive car. If people make 10-15 USD a day the 6000 USD car must be a luxury vehicle!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ava111 said:

He gave her 30 000 to invest in properties, 6000 to buy car for her and 2000 to invest in cocktail bar. 

I question the expensive car. If people make 10-15 USD a day the 6000 USD car must be a luxury vehicle!

He must own the entire village now!   And that must be some classy cocktail bar at a $2000 investment.   I'm trying to picture Happy Hour.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I spied a Wharton degree (?) on the financial advisors wall, and his name was on it.  So he should be a cut about normal TLC "professionals"

He may not want to establish a client relationship with her because of the duties it could involve.  She seems to have that magic blend of arrogance, nativity and stubbornness that would make her a terrible client.

No matter what, she is taking her $6000, her budget wardrobe and hopefully some sunscreen and is moving to India to be with "sum meat"

I was pretty surprised that the financial planner, living in Palm Springs, wasn't better versed on social security.  He has to have encountered a client or two who at least had questions about retiring in another country.

There’s a difference between living in a foreign country as an American citizen and collecting social security and renouncing your American citizenship and becoming a citizen of India and filing to collect social security. She did say she wanted to become a citizen and she hasn’t yet reached the age she can collect SS. I know a bit about SS but not near enough to give advice on that scenario. She could possibly lose those benefits ( and it sounds like she needs them) if she gives up her US citizenship. She needs a SS expert. Pronto. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I thought the U.S. doesn’t allow dual citizenship.

USA is more like don't ask don't tell and pretty much allows dual citizenship. It's more about that some other countries don't allow it and if you get USA citizenship you pretty much give up the other one. India us one of the countries that doesn't allow it. (My home country is also one of them which is the reason I still have green card 20 years after I got it and it's been 22 years since I came to USA). But I'm not sure why Jenny would have to give up her citizenship to live in India. I would definitely not do that if I was in her shoes as she paid into her social security probably for over 40 years and that would be horrible to give up and get nothing in India when she can't work anymore. It's one of the reasons I try to keep my Slovak citizenship because I should get social security from there eventually even though my work history there is only 7-8 years. But I might have to give it up as my Slovak passport is expired and it would cost me over 2000 just to go "home" and have it renewed really fast and I still have to pay 800 every 10 years to renew the green card. It might be cheaper just pay the 800 and just get citizenship as my GC renewal is coming up again next year. I haven't been home in 12 years and although my whole family lives there I don't plan on coming back permanently. It's difficult decision. I consider USA my home now. I remember when the first time I had that though I felt really bad. I was visiting my family and after couple weeks with them I thought I couldn't wait to get home. Home to USA. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

There’s a difference between living in a foreign country as an American citizen and collecting social security and renouncing your American citizenship and becoming a citizen of India and filing to collect social security. She did say she wanted to become a citizen and she hasn’t yet reached the age she can collect SS. I know a bit about SS but not near enough to give advice on that scenario. She could possibly lose those benefits ( and it sounds like she needs them) if she gives up her US citizenship. She needs a SS expert. Pronto. 

Thats what I just said in different words just below your post. I'm not sure why she wants to become citizen of India. Its not worth it to loose the social security. I bet she can get work permit there without giving up her citizenship.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

He should have gave her 3.99 for a Goody hairbrush

Oof that rat's nest on top of her head was so distracting.

2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

ehhhhhh very true! There has to be some sort of job out there that hires questionables though.

Not sure that even a cow pasture is a safe place to work for Pole the arsonist with all that methane gas.....

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

Evillyn is going to be an UBER driver..

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Paul, looking for sympathy: "I'm leaving all my friends and family to move to Brazil."

Paul, looking for sympathy: "I have no family support, I have no friends."

I just cackled.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, millennium said:

That Ecuador woman puts the "evel" in "Evelin."  Her eyes are hard as stone.  They make her look 10-15 years older than her physical age.  I'm picturing the pigs in the street fighting over the Mormon's carcass.

I can't stand her.  Someone should tattoo "Golddigger" on her forehead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

She needs a SS expert. Pronto. 

She needs a psychiatric expert.   Pronto.

Which leads me to wonder, how many of these sad individuals have access to mental health care and counseling.  Seriously.   Many of these international ventures seem rooted in loneliness, self-delusion, depression, and low self esteem.   I don't think we've ever seen or heard of even one of them going to counseling, though I think we might agree a good many of them could probably benefit from it.

Edited by millennium
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

@millennium - $6000.  Jenny has $6000 and she is 60 years old and sharing an apartment with her daughter.  California is a community property state, so I don't see how she doesn't have any money, unless she got scammed out of it...which seems likely.

She said her job is in a resort. I'm guessing she has a low paying service industry job and barely makes ends meet. She did tell the financial guy she has a 401k, but its likely small. She's willing to give up her SS. And Medicare! Crazy!

Mormon guy is being taken for a ride. 

Pole needs to get off my TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, millennium said:

I sort of hope she takes Mormon guy for every last cent.

I don't know.  The Mormon guy seems to be sweet; but Evelyn is one nasty piece of work.  I'd never turn my back on that one.  BTW, she's 46 at LEAST.  WTF is going on with this "embargo?"  Are we pissed at Brazil or something?

I don't think these people need counseling, what they need is to find some sort of passion; do volunteer work, anything to fill up the hole that's in their soul.  They think that getting in a relationship will fill them up, will fix them, will make their lives more exciting.  But the truth is once they get "into" the relationship that too will be routine and familiar. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Eveline is pretty sharp.  She is willing to put up with Morman guy as long as she is getting money and not giving up anything.  She will not consider leaving Ecuador, her way of life, her friends and her family.  She also said she will not be taking care of him like a baby.   She has no intention of making a real life with him, already told him she does not want children.  I would be shocked if he lasts there 6 months before she shows him the door and he goes home penniless.  

Did they say why Summit (SP) is not coming to the US?  

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Eveline is pretty sharp.  She is willing to put up with Morman guy as long as she is getting money and not giving up anything.  She will not consider leaving Ecuador, her way of life, her friends and her family.  She also said she will not be taking care of him like a baby.   She has no intention of making a real life with him, already told him she does not want children.  I would be shocked if he lasts there 6 months before she shows him the door and he goes home penniless.  

And there it is. It's not like she's lied to him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know.  The Mormon guy seems to be sweet; but Evelyn is one nasty piece of work.  I'd never turn my back on that one.  BTW, she's 46 at LEAST.

I agree with you about her age.  We were sitting here last night saying no way is she younger than 36-40.  I get an impression she has done this before.  Often.   This was just commerce to her. 

• Love 19

I did a little digging and its looks like depending on the country where you establish citizenship, you may be able to collect SS, but when I looked at the list of countries, India wasnt on it. The most astounding thing was how astounded Jenney was to hear the news about SS. Google it girl! Everyone has a damn phone! If ibdecidd to run off to a foreign country, I'd have my life budgeted down to the penny plus enough to buy an emergency plane ticket home just in case. But nope. Giving up your citizenship, you SS, your healthcare is just fine. She told the planner guy she was born in 1957, which means she is just about old enough to collect SS at 62. Not something to take lightly. Lest we forget he LIED to her and sent her a fake photo. 

I was lol at evelin and her description of mormons. Wait til Corey tells the family on the compound he is leaving to marry someone who is not American, not mormon and wants no kids

Eagerly waiting for the woman who is going to move to Qatar. 

• Love 9

I'm wondering if Jenny actually has her own SS, or if she's planning to piggy back the ex husband's SS?        The rules were very confusing.    The financial adviser should have sent her to the Social Security office to find out her options.    India, from what I read, doesn't allow dual citizenship either, and naturalization isn't the easiest process either.  

• Love 2

Thank you, @Drogo!  Please know that it’s definitely partly me;  I still don’t know whether Nicole is a Happily Ever After or a What Now, but I still look for these stupid shows with a general idea of when they’re on, so when I get to the forums, I never know whether I’m getting apple eating Evelyn or Darcey’s Rice-A-Roni or all who came after.  I’m better at football and basketball playoffs, but the people here are great and really entertaining so I can’t quit it, even if I can’t always find it!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, politichick said:

Jenny probably has money in her 401K but can't touch it this early without penalty, especially since she's leaving the country for a ridiculous reason.

You can withdraw from a regular 401k at 59 1/2 with no penalty. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

@millennium - $6000.  Jenny has $6000 and she is 60 years old and sharing an apartment with her daughter.  California is a community property state, so I don't see how she doesn't have any money, unless she got scammed out of it...which seems likely.

I doubt her and her ex-husband ever had any money to split.  And she probably got divorced 25 years ago.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I did a little digging and its looks like depending on the country where you establish citizenship, you may be able to collect SS, but when I looked at the list of countries, India wasnt on it. The most astounding thing was how astounded Jenney was to hear the news about SS. Google it girl! Everyone has a damn phone! If ibdecidd to run off to a foreign country, I'd have my life budgeted down to the penny plus enough to buy an emergency plane ticket home just in case. But nope. Giving up your citizenship, you SS, your healthcare is just fine. She told the planner guy she was born in 1957, which means she is just about old enough to collect SS at 62. Not something to take lightly. Lest we forget he LIED to her and sent her a fake photo. 

I was lol at evelin and her description of mormons. Wait til Corey tells the family on the compound he is leaving to marry someone who is not American, not mormon and wants no kids

I have no idea why Jenny is wanting to give up her US citizenship.  Perhaps she is confused and thinks she needs to in order to get married to Sumit?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

What Evelin sees when she looks at Mormon guy

OblongSpectacularEasternnewt-size_restri

Girl, I do not know where you found this, but I am dead in the bed! 🤣

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

From the previews she seems absolutely gobsmacked that he might have been talking to other women. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

ehhhhhh very true! There has to be some sort of job out there that hires questionables though. 

I agree - she's very matter of fact and not wishy washy.  Like she said, she's not begging him to move but she's not living in the US so if he wants the relationship to continue then he's got to move.  No maybe's about it. 

She already harvested all his american life savings.  No reason to pretend anymore.  Now she can move effortlessly to the stage where she pushes him away and blames him if he breaks up with her. 

She will be properly offended if he asks for his money back after he "broke her heart"

• Love 13
(edited)
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

\I was pretty surprised that the financial planner, living in Palm Springs, wasn't better versed on social security.  He has to have encountered a client or two who at least had questions about retiring in another country.

You can retire to another country and get SS no problem.  He brought up the issue of giving up USA citizenship, a topic which Jenny had not yet thought through.  From what I can tell, one site says her SS would be suspended after being there 6 months.  Then the "advice is"...

ETA: (and she would have to get busy and smart to arrange a trail of residency with one of these other countries.  (the quote got screwed up and won't edit.  I wrote the "So she would...." part in the quote below.)

One common way many US expats retain eligibility is through residence. If you are a resident of one of these popular expat countries, you can continue to receive payments regularly:

Australia • Austria • Belgium • Canada • Chile • Czech Republic • Denmark • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Ireland • Italy • Japan • Korea (South) • Luxembourg • Netherlands • Norway • Poland • Portugal • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • United Kingdom

So she would have to get busy and smart arranging her life, forming a trail for residence in one of the above countries.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I guess I really don't get why you wouldn't just retain your us citizenship and vacation 11 months out of the year in India?

You've all written detailed posts so I'm going to read them more closely.  Is she just not allowed to collect SS at 60?  I thought the age was like 67 now?

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm 65, still working, so post phoning my social security. Next year when I turn 66, I can receive a portion of my ex husbands social security and hold off on mine until 70'ish. If he passes while I am collecting his portion, his portion to me would increase.  (I think. Took a lot of trips to soc sec office and conversations to figure this out. Will find out if it's true in Feb.)

I would be eligible now to take benefits if I was not working. I would also be able to take a greatly reduced amount in conjunction while working, but its not worth it, as I think there might be an issue once you take yours at a reduced rate, going back to the full amount. Definitely a research project.

Then there is Medicare . . . another rubiks cube.

Jenny sounds like she my be screwing herself. I'd be spending time figuring this out rather than selling my clothes.

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was pretty surprised that the financial planner, living in Palm Springs, wasn't better versed on social security.  He has to have encountered a client or two who at least had questions about retiring in another country.

There's a big difference between an American living abroad, and actually relinquishing your citizenship.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Did he give her any money to buy land, house, car, etc..... in Ecuador?

When he was doing the breakdown of what he had given her, property was definitely mentioned.  And I adore how her village is described as covered in pigs, yet the Mormon compound was too rural for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought the U.S. doesn’t allow dual citizenship.

I researched this all during the Steven and Olga debacle.  The US doesn't like it, but can't prevent it.  And you have to enter and leave the US with your American passport.

• Love 3
(edited)

No d or potential foreign d can be that good that you give up everything, and jeopardize your social security. Unless he looks like a younger version of Sam Elliott. (I kid) 🤪  Seriously, Jenny could find a dude on the  plenty of fish dating app in her hometown. I have gotten propositioned by younger guys wanting a cougar. Sure they’re not looking to marry me, but I don’t want to marry them. It’s a win win for everyone. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

I am confused.  About more than the 76536 variations of this show lol. 

My DVR recorded 2 shows. Episode 1, All in the Name of Love and episode 2, Embargoes and Ultimatums.  

They are both the same exact show.  Are they supposed to be?  These 90 Day episodes are bizarre, I can only imagine how our mods feel. 

ETA Paul.  I thought he was just quirky, but the unreasonable anger and temper tantrum...” TAKE NOTHING!  TAKE NOTHING!” To his mom...was disturbing. 

Evelin is gonna soak Mormon guy for all he’s worth. 

Edited by Meowwww
More
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

You can collect reduced benefits at 62. Full retirement age varies from 66 to 67 depending on when you were born.

I think Jenny is just desparately unhappy in her current situation. She and I are pretty much the same age and you do take stock and start thinking about how you want to spend the rest of your life. I'm guessing she has a shitty low paying job that she hates, is living in her daughter's guestroom and this isn't where she thought she would be at 62. So she hopped on Mr. Internet  and voila, a hot guy (I'm talking about the picture she was conversing with) decides you are all that. So the prospect of being with said hot guy ( even when it turns out he is someone else and not so hot)  in a new  country, where you can quit your crap job and get out of your daughter's bedroom sounds like the ticket. I think she needs a life coach, not Sumit. 

What strikes me is how nonchalant her daughter was about the situation. I’m sure she has her own life, but damn, if my mom  told me she was chucking it all to move to India for someone she barely knows, I would be asking a lot more questions and trying to shake some sense into her. Tiffany’s mother and sisters were the same way.  

• Love 11
(edited)

I thought Jenny was a few years older.  I don't know if she lost a lot of weight but that wrinkly skin hanging from her chin is not normal for 60 years old.   I am not far behind her in age & know several women her age who do not have saggy chin just because they're over 50.  She definitely needs to do something with her hair.  I'm sure she believes long blonde hair makes her look young but it's actually aging her. 

I thought her friends were spot on with their reactions.  She would not listen to any common sense though. And,  did the guy from India tell his friends that he was not going to tell his family that he & Jenny got married? 

Boy,  Poul sure lost his shit at not being able to haul all 5 crates!  Mother Poul must be use to it because she didn't even react. 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 15
(edited)
9 minutes ago, iwasish said:

What strikes me is how nonchalant her daughter was about the situation. I’m sure she has her own life, but damn, if my mom  told me she was chucking it all to move to India for someone she barely knows, I would be asking a lot more questions and trying to shake some sense into her. Tiffany’s mother and sisters were the same way.  

I know right? I joined an online moms group with moms from all over  when my kids were young and we used to try to arrange meet ups if someone happened to be travelling where we lived. The group has continued on for years although our kids are all grown, we still correspond. When I told my daughter I was driving to a Panera about 45 minutes from my house  to meet a group member who was in town visiting relatives, she insisted in coming with me, cuz she was sure I was going to be robbed or kidnapped. And that was just for a coffee. I cannot fathom what my kids would say if I announced that I was moving halfway accross the world to marry some guy I met online and never actually  have laid eyes on them in person.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I would be eligible now to take benefits if I was not working. I would also be able to take a greatly reduced amount in conjunction while working, but its not worth it, as I think there might be an issue once you take yours at a reduced rate, going back to the full amount. Definitely a research project. 

If you take benefits early, whatever the amount you receive stays at that level permanently. The only changes would be COLA.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, renatae said:

If you take benefits early, whatever the amount you receive stays at that level permanently. The only changes would be COLA.,

Ther only other situation where it potentially change would be in the case of a married couple where one is collecting a higher amount and dies, the survining spouse can switch to the higher benefit. You are correct, there is no going back once you start collecting. You can alo work after taking SS, but if you earn over a certain amount (I think it's around 15K right now), they start reducing your benefit. 

• Love 4

So my main WTF moment was when the girl had her baby (the I didn't know I was pregnant one) and said I loved him right away and asked my Mom if we could keep him.    FFS it's not a puppy!!

The next was Pole being so amazed he'd need to make 26k a year to sponsor Karine and the baby.    Smh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Tiffany's mother, looking at her daughter in a white dress, with tears of joy: "you look like a virgin."

Tiffany: "my mother thought I was a virgin" when she was pregnant.

Tiffany: "my boyfriend wanted nothing to do with a baby."

I believe the above explains the context in which she pretended that she didn't "know" she was pregnant.

And she told her boyfriend "Youre either completely all in, or completely all out " which is just ridiculous and unfair to the guy plus her son. So it meant that her ex bf could only be a part of his son's life if he continued a romantic relationship with her ? SMDH. this is why 18 year olds shouldnt have babies.

5 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

The next was Pole being so amazed he'd need to make 26k a year to sponsor Karine and the baby.    Smh.

I just cant stand loser men

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I thought Jenny was a few years older.  I don't know if she lost a lot of weight but that wrinkly skin hanging from her chin is not normal for 60 years old.   I am not far behind her in age & know several women her age who do not have saggy chin just because they're over 50.  She definitely needs to do something with her hair.  I'm sure she believes long blonde hair makes her look young but it's actually aging her. 

I thought her friends were spot on with their reactions.  She would not listen to any common sense though. And,  did the guy from India tell his friends that he was not going to tell his family that he & Jenny got married? 

Boy,  Poul sure lost his shit at not being able to haul all 5 crates!  Mother Poul must be use to it because she didn't even react. 

I agree. She could pass as 75 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Isn't Pole in his 30s? Is 26K that far of a reach for someone in their 30s? 

12 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

And she told her boyfriend "Youre either completely all in, or completely all out " which is just ridiculous and unfair to the guy plus her son. So it meant that her ex bf could only be a part of his son's life if he continued a romantic relationship with her ? SMDH. this is why 18 year olds shouldnt have babies.

That's how I interpreted it. 

9 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I thought Jenny was a few years older. 

I'm thinking way too much time in the sun. Too much sun on a regular basis with no protection will turn your skin into leather and make you look far older than your age. And the long hair isn't helping,  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

The next was Pole being so amazed he'd need to make 26k

Inorite

His eyes grew big and wide. 26K... A princely sum that is completely unattainable! Quite unfair of the government to demand people be thousandaires living a lavish lifestyle (like Larry for example) to sponsor an immigrant with child. I tell you, that's a lot of odd jobs moving bales of hay and picking up cow patties to toss them into a wheel barrow.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3