Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: All In The Name of Love/S01.E02: Embargos and Ultimatums/S01.E03: It's Go Time

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think Jenny is just desparately unhappy in her current situation. She and I are pretty much the same age and you do take stock and start thinking about how you want to spend the rest of your life. I'm guessing she has a shitty low paying job that she hates, is living in her daughter's guestroom and this isn't where she thought she would be at 62. So she hopped on Mr. Internet  and voila, a hot guy (I'm talking about the picture she was conversing with) decides you are all that. So the prospect of being with said hot guy ( even when it turns out he is someone else and not so hot)  in a new  country, where you can quit your crap job and get out of your daughter's bedroom sounds like the ticket. I think she needs a life coach, not Sumit. 

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

What strikes me is how nonchalant her daughter was about the situation. I’m sure she has her own life, but damn, if my mom  told me she was chucking it all to move to India for someone she barely knows, I would be asking a lot more questions and trying to shake some sense into her. Tiffany’s mother and sisters were the same way.  

1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

Boy,  Poul sure lost his shit at not being able to haul all 5 crates!  Mother Poul must be use to it because she didn't even react. 

BINGO!  To everybody.

I get tired and amazed over all these USA side people ...
(and the others, not mentioned)

• Love 3

This may be the greatest 90DF ever.  Evelin and Cory...yikes.  She straight up asks for money.  There's no nuance here.  And Corey looked kind of hot in the pics and now looks like a straight up wimpy loser guy whose only chance at getting laid is being someone's wallet.  

There has to be a long-term con with Jenny and Sumit, Laura and Aladin right?  I mean Sumit isn't great looking by any stretch, but Jenny is much older and she isn't attractive.  Same with Laura and Aladin.  Like is their plan to marry them, then send them back home and tell them their marriage can only work if they return to US to work and send money back?  

Pole...wow.  I could def see the guy who is an arsonist/stalker by the way he was talking to his mom. 

Tiffany.  Yikes, I will never understand women who don't exit out or a relationship when they learn someone has a major addiction that led to multiple crimes.  Not that an addict doesn't deserve to be loved if they've successfully rehabbed but I think that gambling addiction is as dangerous as a drug addiction.  I also quibble with any parent who puts their love life over their kids.  She's uprooting her kids life to be with a man who has these issues?  And how about showing your kid the importance of truly getting to know someone, taking your time in a relationship instead of being impetuous.  Good luck when your 18 year old kid comes to you to tell you they are getting married to someone they've just met and you try to talk them out of it.  She's a beautiful girl.  She can't find someone here in Frederick Maryland (which is only 10 minutes from me so I was jazzed!)

• Love 24
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Isn't Pole in his 30s? Is 26K that far of a reach for someone in their 30s? 

That's how I interpreted it. 

I'm thinking way too much time in the sun. Too much sun on a regular basis with no protection will turn your skin into leather and make you look far older than your age. And the long hair isn't helping,  

Yes, I believe Pole is 35.  26k should be fairly easy for anyone with a decent work history.  Hmm. Now that I think of it, wasn't he working for "Father"  before?  (remember the everything in this family goes through Father)

That and that pesky felony aren't helping him...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was a little ambivalent about this show, until the, "this season on..." You guys, Pole runs again!  And apparently his weird frog stance wasn't because last time it was a hill.  

It's been over a year, why hasn't he learned Portuguese yet?  My dad is going on vacation to Portugal next year and he is already more fluent than Pole thanks to 15 minutes a day on an app.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

It's been over a year, why hasn't he learned Portuguese yet?  My dad is going on vacation to Portugal next year and he is already more fluent than Pole thanks to 15 minutes a day on an app.

It's more than a little ironic that Karine has learned some English, despite the probability that Paul will be the one moving. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

From the previews she seems absolutely gobsmacked that he might have been talking to other women. 🙄

I couldn't get over her telling him the story of John and Lorena Bobbit as a cautionary tale.  She seemed mighty proud of the fact that Lorena is also an Ecuadorian.  Corey had better sleep with one eye open.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

And she told her boyfriend "Youre either completely all in, or completely all out " which is just ridiculous and unfair to the guy plus her son. So it meant that her ex bf could only be a part of his son's life if he continued a romantic relationship with her ?

I didn't interpret it as that--she said she and the BF had already broken up. I thought it applied more to whether or not he was going to be all in in his son's life and participate in parenting, and that he opted out of that, so it was just her and her son.

22 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

With a calm, straight face, at the family dinner table tells the Mormon family that is hosting her, in her village she was told to shut the door if Mormons came to their door because they are a cult.   Holy bowel movement. Chick's got some cajones.

She has nothing to lose. She's already gotten her talons on his bank account. If he bails, she's still 40K richer. She's probably being a shit on purpose, so he'll break up with her. She surely doesn't want him cramping her style in Ecuador. How's she going to find another mark?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I didn't interpret it as that--she said she and the BF had already broken up. I thought it applied more to whether or not he was going to be all in in his son's life and participate in parenting, and that he opted out of that, so it was just her and her son.

I agree.  I took it has she didn't want someone barely involved in her son's life and having to deal with that.  Not sure if barely involved is better than nothing though.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Evelyn and that rat's nest on top of her head is gross and disgusting and I wonder if more people would up upset if she were a man scamming a woman.  

To me, it doesn't make a difference if someone is or isn't well spoken.  You can speak properly, use correct grammar and still be a jackass.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
(edited)

My take on Jenny, and her daughter is that Jenny probably has a history of impulsive behavior.  I'm sure her daughter knows that there is no chance of changing Jenny's mind, and no way to get through to her that her life is going to turn into a nightmare.    I wonder if Sumit doesn't realize that the Social Security issue is only the tip of the iceberg.    If they marry, and something happens to Jenny, he won't be getting survivor benefits either.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12
(edited)

Ok. So. 

His name is Aladin? Really???

Pole talking 400 mph in a tantrum.  He needs a neuro psych exam and some intensive therapy and vocational support.  He has some issues that are probably on a disability scale if diagnosed he could get some support. His mother w that crucifix and her praying does not have the skills to reach out to the right resources he needs. 

I find Corey attractive, reasonable, clean, an earner, a world traveler I'm fascinated why he picks someone so clearly unattainable and a paradox to his Mormon upbringing.  Does not want religion or kids, rejects his hometown compound lifestyle. Its almost like he wants her to reject it thru surrogate when he wants to reject it but he doesnt have the balls.

I see a lot of religious fundie suppressed  sub themes in Corey (his side) and Evelin AND in Nicole (her side)  and Azan (I think he may be gay and scared to be gay and out in Morrocco). The root of dysfunction. JS. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Evelyn and that rat's nest on top of her head is gross and disgusting and I wonder if more people would up upset if she were a man scamming a woman.  

To me, it doesn't make a difference if someone is or isn't well spoken.  You can speak properly, use correct grammar and still be a jackass.  

Oh amen.  She's an asshole plain and simple.  In fact, she has to be one of the most disagreeable people I've seen in this franchise.  She is openly rude to everyone and isn't even trying to be kind.  Her mark is so easy that she only has to be affectionate at the airport.  She doesn't even have to be nice to him to get him to withdraw $500 or her.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 15

I don't think Jenny can collect her SS living in India.  SS pays US citizens living overseas and it it only certain countries as someone mentioned above.  They don't just mail you a USD check.  The funds are deposited in your account in the currency of the country you are living in and I don't believe India is one of those countries.

• Love 1

There is no way Paul could make $26k a year because that would likely require a job interacting with people. Paul doesn’t appear to have people skills. Anyone else think something happened to Papa Paul, either he left, got sick or died? Mama Paul kept saying he knew why she couldn’t help out at the lawyer’s office. Something had to have gone wrong. Plus, Mama Paul seems to have grown a spine and is over him. Paul’s meltdown at the airport was disturbing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evelin got so much out of Corey without even having sex with him, since he is Morman. I bet she thought she could take him for everything he had, say she hated living in the U.S. and he would refuse to move to her home so she would be free. 

I kind of feel for Jenny and Sumit. I think they are both very lonely and feel stuck in the lives they are living. I think Sumit wants out of the family home and is under the delusion he will have the courage to leave if he is forced to keep his word and marry Jenny when she moves to India. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he actually likes her but I think he thinks he needs her in order to defy his family. The fact he thinks he can keep this from his family by moving out shows he isn’t thinking clearly. Of course they will find out. I don’t think Jenny intended to give up her U.S. citizenship, just also became a citizen of India as well. 

I can’t even figure out what is going on with the one who is going to marry the South African criminal who is all cured and ready to go with his six months of rehab and  his newfound love of Jesus. Was he in rehab for the drugs, alcohol or gambling? Was it court ordered? She seems very nonchalant about marrying a serial criminal who is just getting out of rehab and has not had the chance to prove he has changed his ways. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I don't think Jenny can collect her SS living in India.  SS pays US citizens living overseas and it it only certain countries as someone mentioned above.  

All she has do is keep an account in the US where the money can be deposited. Then have her daughter send her the funds. It’s not rocket science. How would the government know?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

All she has do is keep an account in the US where the money can be deposited. Then have her daughter send her the funds. It’s not rocket science. How would the government know?

If she kept her citizenship and collected SS, she would have to file  taxes, since SS is taxable income (depending on your situation). If she filed a tax return using an address where she doesn't live, that would be a violation of federal law. 

She has said that she is going to give up her citizenship, and I'm not sure she can collect SS at all in that case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This had the most/best info I could find about renouncing US citizenship and keeping SS (which I quoted from above).  Indian citizenship does not sound like she can retain, but this summary might have left out possibilities.  They also provide some info about being an NRA and returning one month every 6, and other things which I'm not clear about.

https://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/blog/article-renouncing-and-retiring-with-ease/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 1:26 AM, Armchair Critic said:

Jenny is doing a Goldie Hawn, hiding her age under some long hair. 

And not succeeding.

And what kind of a dimshit with $6,000 to her name, asks a financial advisor in Palm Springs how long that money will last her in India?  LIke he's an expert in cost of living in India?  "Oh, I don't know Jenny, but I imagine it will last you at least 1.000 years.  You're good"

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm thinking way too much time in the sun. Too much sun on a regular basis with no protection will turn your skin into leather and make you look far older than your age. And the long hair isn't helping,  

She may be a smoker too.  Deb from Colty and Larissa admitted that she looks 10-15 years older than her actual age due to smoking for years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

Yes, I believe Pole is 35.  26k should be fairly easy for anyone with a decent work history.  Hmm. Now that I think of it, wasn't he working for "Father"  before?  (remember the everything in this family goes through Father)

That and that pesky felony aren't helping him...

His mom said a couple times that she could not extend herself financially especially now for reasons that he was aware of.   So maybe the family business had a setback or dad skedaddled.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Well she could look into that, not sure it is legal, but I am not a lawyer.

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

His mom said a couple times that she could not extend herself financially especially now for reasons that he was aware of.   So maybe the family business had a setback or dad skedaddled.

Very real possibility.  I actually feel bad for Mom of Pole.  He's clearly got issues that prevent him from being a normal functioning adult.   Add a baby to that,  not good.    My son had colic and screamed 13 hours a day.   It was not easy.    I can't see Pole handling that very well 

• Love 13

On the original show I am always surprised that the Americans don't look into what it really means to sponsor someone on the K-1 visa (as demonstrated by Chantal's utter disbelief that she's on the hook for 10 years for Pedro and all of the other gobsmacked Americans when they find out something they didn't pay attention to as they signed the paperwork...).  However, that pales in comparison to what these Americans don't know about relocating to another country.  They pack their clothes, send their money to their "loved one" for investments (sure...), and don't look into what it means to relocate.  I bet they don't even realize that one is not automatically exempt from paying their American taxes as there are very clear and specific parameters related to that.  They just think that everything will be how THEY want it to be and that crying "it's not fair" doesn't change a thing.  Even thinking about giving up citizenship (Jenny) is really huge and has many, many consequences.  I also can't imagine what Jenny will do for a job at 62.  

All that to say...I am so here for this show.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Ther only other situation where it potentially change would be in the case of a married couple where one is collecting a higher amount and dies, the survining spouse can switch to the higher benefit. You are correct, there is no going back once you start collecting. You can alo work after taking SS, but if you earn over a certain amount (I think it's around 15K right now), they start reducing your benefit. 

Widows can collect at 60.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

If she kept her citizenship and collected SS, she would have to file  taxes, since SS is taxable income (depending on your situation). If she filed a tax return using an address where she doesn't live, that would be a violation of federal law. 

I doubt she is going to make enough money to need to file taxes.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

My 18 year old grandson,  who just graduated from high school, had been working at QT (gas station/quick trip store) for the past year.  He was just promoted to a shift manager making $47,000.00 a year!  Big difference,  Grandson ToStandOn has no criminal record. 

I believe Jennifer has sun damage,  but sun damage will not cause the skin to sag like that.  Sun damage is more deep crevices,  spots in skin. I live in the Phoenix area & will not walk out of the house without 50 plus sunscreen.   Her throat reminds me more of like Mama June.   If she had not had skin surgery,  her neck would sag.  

• Love 11

It’s pretty sad when posters on the forum do more research than these fiancés! 

Evelin could break up with Corey and still have her investments to live on in Ecuador. She’s set herself up very nicely! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

My 18 year old grandson,  who just graduated from high school, had been working at QT (gas station/quick trip store) for the past year.  He was just promoted to a shift manager making $47,000.00 a year!  Big difference,  Grandson ToStandOn has no criminal record. 

I LOVE QT!  They don't play when it comes to customer service and a well oiled machine.  Your grandson didn't fall into that gig, he worked his ass off and kissed up to a lot of difficult customers to get there.

Pole wouldn't last a week at QT.   He's horrible with other humans and I also see him as thinking he's the smartest thing in any room.

• Love 21
(edited)
9 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

You just have to put your mailing address on your federal return -- there's no requirement that you use the address you live at, so I don't see how that would be a violation of federal law. 

Edited by Evangeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

I LOVE QT!  They don't play when it comes to customer service and a well oiled machine.  Your grandson didn't fall into that gig, he worked his ass off and kissed up to a lot of difficult customers to get there.

Pole wouldn't last a week at QT.   He's horrible with other humans and I also see him as thinking he's the smartest thing in any room.

You are absolutely right,  Zillabreeze,  he did work his butt off,  I am so proud of him.  When they start,  they are required to wipe down the gas pumps & clean the grounds every hour.  He came over a few weeks ago with a bonus check for $1000.00, their store turned a profit & the store manager shared his bonus.  Grandson ToStandOn said 'this isn't too bad for 18 years old.'  I said 'sweetie,  a lot of people twice your age do not have the ambition to work to make this much.'   Only problem is he now feels there's no need for college.  QT will pay for him to go,  trying to talk him into it saying he could advance higher with a degree.  

I noticed Mormon guy wearing a wedding band.  Remember the couple last season,  Jonathon & Fernando, she made him wear a wedding band before they were married & she even came you US.  I just don't see Evilin caring,  either he did it on his own or is it something in the Mormon religion? 

Ohhhh!  The preview of Poul running!   I had to go back & re-watch.  To see him doing that run backwards is worth this while mess of a show! 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Ohhhh!  The preview of Poul running!   I had to go back & re-watch.  To see him doing that run backwards is worth this while mess of a show! 

Where is this preview?? I'm laughing already and I haven't seen it yet!!! 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2019 at 7:53 AM, RealReality said:

@millennium - $6000.  Jenny has $6000 and she is 60 years old and sharing an apartment with her daughter.  California is a community property state, so I don't see how she doesn't have any money, unless she got scammed out of it...which seems likely.

Exactly what I thought! How are you 60 and that is all you saved up? No 401k/IRA? How was she planning to survive upon retirement? I know people who scrimped and saved every dime they could in their retirement plan and they retired with over a million dollars or more because of the sacrifices they made when they were younger. I will certainly not be a millionaire upon retirement, but $6,000...for real? I thought my portfolio was looking rather bleak until I saw this lady.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Where is this preview?? I'm laughing already and I haven't seen it yet!!! 😂

It was at the end of the first episode where they show upcoming for the season.  He's sitting on a bench talking to someone & jumps up to run/stomp/flap away... It's hilarious! 

3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

How far along is Carini in her prednacy?

I think she's had her baby.  I believe in these episodes,  she's around 4 months.

39 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Sounds like a win-win.

I'll drive way past bladder burst time to get to a QT.   

Back to Pole- $26k is probably out of reach.  He clearly "ain't right" in the head with seething anger just waiting to explode.  Maybe his poor mother is secretly wishing he would move far, far away.  Why doesn't she just ship his extra crap?

I was also wondering when he was yammering on about needing all this baby stuff..  is this the first baby ever born in Brazil?  Do they all just linger in the womb till their American products show up?

I had  wondered why he did not ship the other 3 boxes too.  I could not believe he cancelled the whole flight.  Mother Poul kept saying Karina would rather him there than the stuff but I personally think she'd be happy if he just sent the stuff. 

I'm not familiar with all of the Visa's  & the processes.  Even rho they are married,  the requirements are the same as the other one?  If the marriage recognized in the US? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 7:53 AM, Hannah94 said:

Exactly what I thought! How are you 60 and that is all you saved up? No 401k/IRA? How was she planning to survive upon retirement? I know people who scrimped and saved every dime they could in their retirement plan and they retired with over a million dollars or more because of the sacrifices they made when they were younger. I will certainly not be a millionaire upon retirement, but $6,000...for real? I thought my portfolio was looking rather bleak until I saw this lady.

The planner seemed to really emphasize how much she had in CASH.  I would hope she had other investments they just didn't discuss.

ETA: He mentioned she had a 401k too. So it was clearly edited to seem she only had $6,000.

Edited by Kroliosis
$$
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, Spike said:

I thought the U.S. doesn’t allow dual citizenship.

They cant stop you from having it. They just only recognize the US citizenship. If you hold dual citizenship, you show your US passport to get back in. I have many many friends that are dual USA/UK citizens. They did not lose their citizenship and still can and sometimes do collect their SS. Becoming a citizen of another country does not mean renunciation of American citizenship

Some people do choose to renounce their US citizenship but that is a choice. The amount of people who actually renounce their US citizenship is very very low

ETA, the problem in this case is India not the USA. India legit makes you renounce citizenship.. She should just become a permanent resident then

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Evangeline said:

You just have to put your mailing address on your federal return -- there's no requirement that you use the address you live at, so I don't see how that would be a violation of federal law. 

I would bet good money that there are thousands of Indians that have returned to live in India full time and are somehow collecting their US pensions and social security.  The Fed Gov't has more important things to do than to investigate who really lives at what address.  The "Financial Advisor" gave Jenny inaccurate info.  Hopefully, she had the good sense to get a second opinion. But then again, "good sense" and Jenny do no seem to go hand in hand. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2019 at 10:09 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I know right? I joined an online moms group with moms from all over  when my kids were young and we used to try to arrange meet ups if someone happened to be travelling where we lived. The group has continued on for years although our kids are all grown, we still correspond. When I told my daughter I was driving to a Panera about 45 minutes from my house  to meet a group member who was in town visiting relatives, she insisted in coming with me, cuz she was sure I was going to be robbed or kidnapped. And that was just for a coffee. I cannot fathom what my kids would say if I announced that I was moving halfway accross the world to marry some guy I met online and never actually  have laid eyes on them in person.  

It wasnt Moms online on AOL by chance?

• Love 1

I just love when the Americans exclaim how they would be giving up their home, friends and family to move wherever. Um.........couldn't the same be said for their foreign fiance?

Do we know what Corey did for a living before he took off for Ecuador?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Spike said:

I haven't kept up with the off-season Pole drama, but I too remember that he previously mentioned he worked for his dad's business, maybe doing something tech related? Now he seems to be working as a farmhand and mentioned he's lucky to have the job. I'm thinking there was some sort of falling out that caused Father Pole to put his foot down and cut his son off financially. Pole might still be living in their house, but seems to be expected to earn his own money and not get any handouts. It seems Mother Pole has reached the same conclusion, or has been lectured intensively on this as well. I can't imagine with his criminal record that he's very employable, but he made that bed and needs to lie in it.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

I haven't kept up with the off-season Pole drama, but I too remember that he previously mentioned he worked for his dad's business, maybe doing something tech related? Now he seems to be working as a farmhand and mentioned he's lucky to have the job. I'm thinking there was some sort of falling out that caused Father Pole to put his foot down and cut his son off financially. Pole might still be living in their house, but seems to be expected to earn his own money and not get any handouts. It seems Mother Pole has reached the same conclusion, or has been lectured intensively on this as well. I can't imagine with his criminal record that he's very employable, but he made that bed and needs to lie in it.

I have zero outside knowledge of the intricacies of Family Pole, but his mom also said something about being alone in the house with him gone.  Maybe Father Pole is no longer in the picture for some reason.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 10:09 AM, poeticlicensed said:

<snip> I cannot fathom what my kids would say if I announced that I was moving halfway accross the world to marry some guy I met online and never actually  have laid eyes on them in person.  

But Jenny has already spent several months in India with Sumit. It was mentioned Sumit bought Jenny a ticket to India, she flew there, and spent a few months there with Sumit and his family, then returned to the U.S. when her visa expired. 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3