Type keyword(s) to search

All Rise in the Media: Court Docket

Wait?  What?  Cancelled?  This show had some bobbles this year, but it is one of my favorite shows.  I still think the Zoom style COVID episode last year was pretty terrific TV, and about as in the moment as a show could get.

• Love 10

Yeah I’ve mulled on this overnight and the cancellation is really frustrating. The show hit some weak points this year - namely the over focus on TVs most annoying Mary Sue Emily - but that was my biggest gripe. Given what was going on behind the scenes though I think struggles should have been expected. They could have even given it a mid season slot while they fixed the main issues. To outright cancel it is just lazy. I get sudden cancellations when a show is in its first season but after a second season it’s annoying as there’s an audience that get let down.

• Love 1

It’s a shame. The show has lost its footing (I haven’t finished last week’s yet & last season I watched it right away), but there’s potential there. Simone Missick is great and I hope to see the actor who plays Luke somewhere else.

• Love 4

Why is it that all my favourite court shows get cancelled? First We the People and now All Rise.

Sheesh.

I don't get how Call Me Kat got renewed but All Rise tanked.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I don't get how Call Me Kat got renewed but All Rise tanked.

Different networks.  Different genre.  Different types of competition it's being compared against. 

• Love 3

I think scheduling may have played a part too. In this calendar year (starting with episode 6 on 1/4) the show did not air weekly until episode 11 (4/12) forward. Three months of the show not being on more often than it being on. A lot of shows seem to be doing this lately and it's not doing the shows any favors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I think scheduling may have played a part too. In this calendar year (starting with episode 6 on 1/4) the show did not air weekly until episode 11 (4/12) forward. Three months of the show not being on more often than it being on. A lot of shows seem to be doing this lately and it's not doing the shows any favors. 

CLARICE had a similar jerky jerky airing schedule . 

• Love 2

I think the problem is that it is hard to do a really intelligent show on the networks because they still have to be careful not to offend the mythical mass audience. Streaming and cable services are where they don't have to worry about advertisers or Standards and Practices so they don't have to tip toe around controversial issues in an attempt to be "even handed' and not be seen to be taking a side.  

I applaud what the show was attempting to do but it just wasn't done in a really sophisticated manner. The Wire was exposing the dark under belly of urban life years ago. 

• Useful 1

I think the network is punishing the people who blew the whistle on them for the crap behavior in the writing room. They dragged their feet on doing anything about it, and clearly didn't want to but their hands were forced. Now they're branding this show as full of troublemakers and are pulling the plug.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I will say I'm rather surprised this wasn't shifted to Paramount + as SEAL Team and Evil were.

I think it comes down to how much of an ownership CBS has in the TV shows.  SEAL and Evil have two production companies listed in Wikipedia. CBS Studios and then one other who is probably in charge of the day-to-day production.  (SEAL has three listed but one production company was only for season one and another for S2 and 3.) 

All Rise has four including Warner Brothers which is a major production company so I'm guessing CBS doesn't own as much of the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2021 at 10:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

I think it comes down to how much of an ownership CBS has in the TV shows.  SEAL and Evil have two production companies listed in Wikipedia. CBS Studios and then one other who is probably in charge of the day-to-day production.  (SEAL has three listed but one production company was only for season one and another for S2 and 3.) 

All Rise has four including Warner Brothers which is a major production company so I'm guessing CBS doesn't own as much of the show.

I also wonder how well it did via streaming. SEAL Team does well when streamed so that and its serialized nature makes it a good candidate for being moved to Paramount+. So it’s probably a combination of all the things mentioned