Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 5/9/2019 at 9:53 AM, Lizzing said:

I have no love lost for Erika Jayne's "live" performances, but she is positively wondrous compared to LuAnn's "Hall of Presidents" style of stomping mechanically through "Chic C'est La Vie".

Ha! This description is absolute perfection! Kadooz!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

She said she got there at 9:15 and planned to leave at 11:15 as soon as the performance was-done.

Then the idea that she'd arrived at 8p, which has been widely reported here, is incorrect.  I have to wonder what is really going on here, then.

6 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Yeah, but at 11 pm....Brynn won’t be up.

She stated she had to relieve the babysitter. Brynn isn’t old enough to be left alone even if sleeping.  

• Love 6
On 5/9/2019 at 2:52 PM, Yours Truly said:

Why would anyone rejoice in that sort of take down? (Or any take down for that matter?)

One might ask that about any of the HW franchises.  This entire group - all the cities - seems to thrive on how badly they can tear down the others.  I used to be a regular for this whole franchise, but I can't take all the screaming and shrieking and destruction of ladies who are supposed to be friends.  I've long since bailed on Atlanta; Orange County went after the Tamra nitwit; NJ went after the Teresa and Joe fraud story line; Beverly Hills is gone for me (too many storylines to count).  The only one I watch now is this one.  I don't have any interest in Potomac or Dallas because those have already descended into shriek-hell.  No redeemable qualities for any of them.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She stated she had to relieve the babysitter. Brynn isn’t old enough to be left alone even if sleeping.  

I know that.  I just don’t believe Bethenny couldn’t have stayed longer. I’m sure she has full time help when Brynn is there.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I know that.  I just don’t believe Bethenny couldn’t have stayed longer. I’m sure she has full time help when Brynn is there.

Her apartment is only 2 bedrooms so I don’t think anyone lives there with them.

• Love 4

Since Bethenny only has Bryn 50% of the time, it doesn't make sense for her to have a full time live in nanny.   I'm sure she has several on call as needed.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

That's embarrassing. Good on Bridie for making that information public. They should be ashamed of themselves because they clearly lost sight of what the event was supposed to be about.

Bridie has a post under that "not $275 at the fundraiser! @nyloveskids was hoping to raise after the show aired."  

• Love 2
On 5/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, biakbiak said:

There are many many women who want children but don’t want to be single parents, it’s really not that unusual.

It pissed me off to no end that Bethanny was scolding Tinsley and trying to bully her into being a single mom. Talk about no awareness whatsoever and proof that no one should ever take ANY advice from Bethanny. Ever.  And Bethanny's face when Tinsley said she would be a good mom because of how she takes care of her Pomeranian-- that was priceless. She recovered knowing full well the camera was on her. My thought is that Carole had a great laugh at that one as well. Bethanny spent all last season making not so subtle comments/ insinuations that Tinsley was a dumb ass-- now she's eating it. 

I actually 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Yeah, but at 11 pm....Brynn won’t be up.

No but the nanny dose deserve a break. She doesn't have a husband at home. Plus maybe she wanted to get up at a decent hour with her. Luann made it clear when her kids were home that their feelings were not her peiority.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No but the nanny dose deserve a break. She doesn't have a husband at home. Plus maybe she wanted to get up at a decent hour with her. Luann made it clear when her kids were home that their feelings were not her peiority.

Right.  I am no Beth fan anymore, but if she has to leave at 11 to get home to her kid, relieve the nanny/babysitter, that's fine.  She was early to the event, hung out while Lu decided to keep everyone waiting for her as if she truly is Diana Ross.  

• Love 9
(edited)

So Beth was there for the party and not necessarily for Lu. Which ok fine but it didn't really seem like Beth was there for the party either. I'm just knocking the manufactured drama that is Beth. Lu is a pain, sure, but at least her eyeroll behavior is organic. Beth creates her own non sense. All I'm saying who gets glammed up, gets a babysitter, goes out for an event in NYC at night and then trips into babysitter issues?

I'm criticizing Beth's half assed planning which sets her up for the dramatic exit. She assigns such franticness to an otherwise manageable situation and it's pretty comical to me. You're going out for a late night event, with a lot of moving parts but you've scheduled your babysitter for 3.26 hours and ONLY 3.26. LOL.  Come on now, schedule a babysitter til 1 and call it a day. Doesn't mean you have to get home that late but it also means your covered without worries. I mean, I have no qualms about her wanting to be home with Brynn instead but then just don't attend. Seems like more of a hassle to carve out a ridiculously small window of time for a babysitter to fill. Why not just give yourself a comfortable amount of time to work with?

I hate that Lu made that comment but at the end of the day Beth always manages to make things way more distressing for herself than it needs to be. Either schedule a reasonable block of time or opt out completely. This in-between thing she does in the name of "being a single mom" is just so corny.   

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So Beth was there for the party and not necessarily for Lu. Which ok fine but it didn't really seem like Beth was there for the party either. I'm just knocking the manufactured drama that is Beth. Lu is a pain, sure, but at least her eyeroll behavior is organic. Beth creates her own non sense. All I'm saying who gets glammed up, gets a babysitter, goes out for an event in NYC at night and then trips into babysitter issues?

I'm criticizing Beth's half assed planning which sets her up for the dramatic exit. She assigns such franticness to an otherwise manageable situation and it's pretty comical to me. You're going out for a late night event, with a lot of moving parts but you've scheduled your babysitter for 3.26 hours and ONLY 3.26. LOL.  Come on now, schedule a babysitter til 1 and call it a day. Doesn't mean you have to get home that late but it also means your covered without worries. I mean, I have no qualms about her wanting to be home with Brynn instead but then just don't attend. Seems like more of a hassle to carve out a ridiculously small window of time for a babysitter to fill. Why not just give yourself a comfortable amount of time to work with?

I hate that Lu made that comment but at the end of the day Beth always manages to make things way more distressing for herself than it needs to be. Either schedule a reasonable block of time or opt out completely. This in-between thing she does in the name of "being a single mom" is just so corny.   

I don't consider 3.26 hours a ridiculously small window of time.  

It's way more than LuAnn deserves.  

As as far as Bethenny getting glammed up............. It's necessary. Wherever she goes, she represents her brand and it's smart for her look to be memorable.

Chances are if she managed to schedule a babysitter until 1 am and stayed that late, she's be criticized for being out partying on a night when she had Bryn.   She only has Bryn 50% of the time. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 10
(edited)
36 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't consider 3.26 hours a ridiculously small window of time.  

It's way more than LuAnn deserves.  

As as far as Bethenny getting glammed up............. It's necessary. Wherever she goes, she represents her brand and it's smart for her look to be memorable.

Chances are if she managed to schedule a babysitter until 1 am and stayed that late, she's be criticized for being out partying on a night when she had Bryn.   She only has Bryn 50% of the time. 

It’s is if ur filming a reality show and The filming schedule is centered around a performance at 11pm and it’s an evening event in New York City. She wasn’t going to play bridge with the neighborhood league at the local rec center. 💁🏻‍♀️ LOL.

She didn’t have to get home at one but why not make things easier? Well because then she wouldn’t be able to dash out the party like Cinderella before the clock struck 12 and her carriage turned into a pumpkin. LOL! Oh and of course set up the next awkward interaction with Lu. Who here doesn’t think this is gonna be the next confrontational conversation between the two? 

It reeks of manufactured drama. You wanted to leave early. That’s fine. No need to wave the “I’m a responsible parent that wouldn’t dream of getting home later than midnight while my child is home with the babysitter” flag.  That should go without saying. She could have just said it’s getting late I have to get home. The whole “I have to relieve the babysitter it’s 11:15” exasperation was unnecessary. It’s not about not being there for Lu it’s about her need to sensationalize EACH STEP of her being a mom that I find comical. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It’s is if ur filming a reality show and The filming schedule is centered around a performance at 11pm and it’s an evening event in New York City. She wasn’t going to play bridge with the neighborhood league at the local rec center. 💁🏻‍♀️ LOL.

She didn’t have to get home at one but why not make things easier? Well because then she wouldn’t be able to dash out the party like Cinderella before the clock struck 12 and her carriage turned into a pumpkin. LOL! Oh and of course set up the next awkward interaction with Lu. Who here doesn’t think this is gonna be the next confrontational conversation between the two? 

It reeks of manufactured drama. You wanted to leave early. That’s fine. No need to wave the “I’m a responsible parent that wouldn’t dream of getting home later than midnight while my child is home with the babysitter” flag.  That should go without saying. She could have just said it’s getting late I have to get home. The whole “I have to relieve the babysitter it’s 11:15” exasperation was unnecessary. It’s not about not being there for Lu it’s about her need to sensationalize EACH STEP of her being a mom that I find comical. 

The filming schedule was not centered around LuAnn's 11pm performance.   It was  featuring all the HWs at the party.   Bravo doesn't care about filming another one of LuAnn's performances.   They already devoted the Jovanni episode to it.

Wasn't  Ramona the one who dashed out like Cinderella?   

The entire show reeks of manufactured drama.   

Didn't you ever have to get home to relieve your babysitter?    I have so its not an unfamiliar scenario to me.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The filming schedule was not centered around LuAnn's 11pm performance.   It was  featuring all the HWs at the party.   Bravo doesn't care about filming another one of LuAnn's performances.   They already devoted the Jovanni episode to it.

Wasn't  Ramona the one who dashed out like Cinderella?   

The entire show reeks of manufactured drama.   

Didn't you ever have to get home to relieve your babysitter?    I have so its not an unfamiliar scenario to me.

I’ve never had to “relieve” my babysitter. I give a timeframe and for an event like the one I saw I’m giving myself a lot of wiggle room. I’ve never had to “rush” home cause I’ve shortchanged myself on time.. 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t like cutting things close so that’s why I found her declaration unnecessary. I didn’t really buy the urgency or the time crunch. That’s what I’ve really been getting at. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I’ve never had to “relieve” my babysitter. I give a timeframe and for an event like the one I saw I’m giving myself a lot of wiggle room. I’ve never had to “rush” home cause I’ve shortchanged myself on time.. 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t like cutting things close so that’s why I found her declaration unnecessary. I didn’t really buy the urgency or the time crunch. That’s what I’ve really been getting at. 

I agree mainly because a performance at type of thing is never going to start on time! Hell we have season tickets to the Symphony and they rarely start exactly on time. She just should have said that she couldn’t be there for it. 

• Love 2

I thought I read a few pages back that Erica Jayne also performed. If that was the case, then I wonder why production didn't seize the opportunity for EJ to come out and say hi to NYC "sisters." I know she's at least met Bethenny. That would have made for some great cross-over and made Lu look even worse for not acknowledging her friends were there before her performance.

I know NYC nightlife rolls at all hours, but why have an event like that on a work/school night? I assume that at least a few working stiffs were at the party.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I thought I read a few pages back that Erica Jayne also performed. If that was the case, then I wonder why production didn't seize the opportunity for EJ to come out and say hi to NYC "sisters." I know she's at least met Bethenny. That would have made for some great cross-over and made Lu look even worse for not acknowledging her friends were there before her performance.

I know NYC nightlife rolls at all hours, but why have an event like that on a work/school night? I assume that at least a few working stiffs were at the party.

Erica Jayne played the same venue on Halloween in 2017 not 2018 with Lu. The reason it was on a weekday was because it was on Halloween. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I get your point....    

The one I was trying to make is that  11 pm is the arrangement B made with the sitter.    I doubt she felt obligated to watch Lu's performance but did feel it was important to go to the party.  I think the women  were all under the impression that Lu would make an appearance at the party. Don't forget it was a during the week.   Bryn had school the next morning and for all we know so did the babysitter. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I get your point....    

The one I was trying to make is that  11 pm is the arrangement B made with the sitter.    I doubt she felt obligated to watch Lu's performance but did feel it was important to go to the party.  I think the women  were all under the impression that Lu would make an appearance at the party. Don't forget it was a during the week.   Bryn had school the next morning and for all we know so did the babysitter. 

I don't have an issue with the sitter excuse. Like you said, we have no idea what her arrangements with the sitter were, or what other obligations the sitter may have had. Lu should count herself lucky B showed up at all. She tends to avoid Ramona's events. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I get your point....    

I understand the average babysitting arrangement my point is that I don’t believe it applied to Beth in this instance. All those are absolutely relevant details of course but I’m sorry the need to emphasis the time and the babysitter was  inserted so ridiculously. She’s not stuck in the conference room working late with coworkers watching the minutes tick by and knowing her sitter expects her home after regular working hours. That I get. I didn’t buy that it was “just one of those single mom situations” sorry I didn’t. It felt staged. What can I say...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I understand the average babysitting arrangement my point is that I don’t believe it applied to Beth in this instance. All those are absolutely relevant details of course but I’m sorry the need to emphasis the time and the babysitter was  inserted so ridiculously. She’s not stuck in the conference room working late with coworkers watching the minutes tick by and knowing her sitter expects her home after regular working hours. That I get. I didn’t buy that it was “just one of those single mom situations” sorry I didn’t. It felt staged. What can I say...

Yeah. I'm sure if Bethenny had stayed out till two or three in the morning and it came out she had Brynn, you would have applauded her work ethic. 

Some parents, myself included, genuinely enjoy spending time with our kids.

When given a time for an event I make plans around that time, if someone is going to be late because they are a diva, I am not going to change my plans for them. I'm nobody's bitch.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

manufactured drama

The entire HW franchise is nothing but this.  That's why it's getting hard for me to even bother with any of them.  This is supposed to be an escape vehicle.  Now it's a vehicle I just want to escape from.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I didn’t buy that it was “just one of those single mom situations” sorry I didn’t. It felt staged. What can I say...

Hmmm?    I don't recall there being a "single mom situation." Bethenny didn't mention it and neither did anyone else. 

Some may consider this a reality show but the "reality" is that it is staged.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Being wealthy and on a reality show does not negate familial obligations. It was a school/work night for fuck's sake and maybe she didn't want to stay out that late and the babysitter didn't either. Maybe she wanted to get up with her child in the morning feeling fresh as she sent her off to school. Why does that have to be staged?

And, it's not like Luann is some phenomenal performer with a wonderful voice and a diverse repertoire. She didn't even have the fucking decency to take a few minutes to come out and say hello to the girls, so why should they feel obligated to hang out later than they can or want to? Brittany said in advance that she was out at 11:15, so the hell with Luann, whose mothering skills were shockingly inadequate, which is why we never see Noel and the girl looks like an old junkie. It's one thing to not like Bethenny, but why find fault with responsible mothering? Ramona didn't even show up? Luann is mad because Bethenny is one of the people who helped pick up her drunk ass and get it allegedly sober and who knows what embarrassing shit she saw.

• Love 12
(edited)
42 minutes ago, politichick said:

Being wealthy and on a reality show does not negate familial obligations. It was a school/work night for fuck's sake and maybe she didn't want to stay out that late and the babysitter didn't either. Maybe she wanted to get up with her child in the morning feeling fresh as she sent her off to school. Why does that have to be staged?

It's one thing to not like Bethenny, but why find fault with responsible mothering?

Why?   Because it's Bethenny.   Her critics find fault in everything she does.    I guarantee that if she had decided to stay for the show, the complaint would be that she was selfish and inconsiderate to the sitter and a bad mother for being out late partying on a school night. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yeah. I'm sure if Bethenny had stayed out till two or three in the morning and it came out she had Brynn, you would have applauded her work ethic. 

Some parents, myself included, genuinely enjoy spending time with our kids.

When given a time for an event I make plans around that time, if someone is going to be late because they are a diva, I am not going to change my plans for them. I'm nobody's bitch.

Wasn’t implying Beth needed to be anyone’s bitch. She’s her own bitch. My observation has nothing to do with lu. I’m just criticizing the ridiculous “babysitter conflict” yeah sure. Lol.. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

Hmmm?    I don't recall there being a "single mom situation." Bethenny didn't mention it and neither did anyone else. 

Some may consider this a reality show but the "reality" is that it is staged.  

Beth likes attention. Especially when it shows some “I’ve gotta get home to Brynn” narrative.. Forced. And comical. Beth is just one big caricature of the real deal.. Fake it til u make it I guess.. lol. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

And, it's not like Luann is some phenomenal performer with a wonderful voice and a diverse repertoire. She didn't even have the fucking decency to take a few minutes to come out and say hello to the girls, so why should they feel obligated to hang out later than they can or want to? Brittany said in advance that she was out at 11:15, so the hell with Luann, whose mothering skills were shockingly inadequate, which is why we never see Noel and the girl looks like an old junkie. It's one thing to not like Bethenny, but why find fault with responsible mothering? Ramona didn't even show up? Luann is mad because Bethenny is one of the people who helped pick up her drunk ass and get it allegedly sober and who knows what embarrassing shit she saw.

Woah there. Im just criticizing the ridiculous “crunch time” angle.. Look my point is if it’s that serious and oh my God it’s a school night.. oh my God my babysitter is set to leave at 11:09... oh my God I have to be up early with Brynn... THEN STAY HOME.

I don’t care that she didn’t want to stick around for Lu it’s the extra about having a kid at home that makes me laugh. I’m a single mom and a planned evening out wasn’t some gauntlet. This shit that goes into planning for child care is aggravating so I’m either all in and cover all the bases or I just stay home. Thats all I’m saying. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Wasn’t implying Beth needed to be anyone’s bitch. She’s her own bitch. My observation has nothing to do with lu. I’m just criticizing the ridiculous “babysitter conflict” yeah sure. Lol.. 

The only reason it has become a conflict is because Lu actually seems to believe that Beth should have prioritized seeing Lu's performance over taking care of Brynn. Had Lu said, "oh, I understand" when told the reason why Beth had left - which likely would have been the response by most normal people- there would be no conflict. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The only reason it has become a conflict is because Lu actually seems to believe that Beth should have prioritized seeing Lu's performance over taking care of Brynn. Had Lu said, "oh, I understand" when told the reason why Beth had left - which likely would have been the response by most normal people- there would be no conflict. 

When I say conflict I meant the big to do when Beth left. The flustered explaining. Basically Beth set her exit up To be a thing to be frustrated about. That she was held up so late from getting home to relieve the babysitter. Gives her a “reason” to be annoyed instead of “oh it’s getting late I need to get home” it’s now a slightly veiled “ugggh, I can’t, I gotta go, the babysitters waiting, I’ve already been here for hours, this is ridiculous.” The need to get home to a child isn’t my issue. It’s the created optics of being “put out” by Lu. Now it’s this things where Beth has been inconvenienced by Lu instead of it just being Beth misjudged how long to schedule her babysitter.  Maybe that makes it clearer what I’m trying to express. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

When I say conflict I meant the big to do when Beth left. The flustered explaining. Basically Beth set her exit up To be a thing to be frustrated about. That she was held up so late from getting home to relieve the babysitter. Gives her a “reason” to be annoyed instead of “oh it’s getting late I need to get home” it’s now a slightly veiled “ugggh, I can’t, I gotta go, the babysitters waiting, I’ve already been here for hours, this is ridiculous.” The need to get home to a child isn’t my issue. It’s the created optics of being “put out” by Lu. Now it’s this things where Beth has been inconvenienced by Lu instead of it just being Beth misjudged how long to schedule her babysitter.  Maybe that makes it clearer what I’m trying to express. 

Beth WAS inconvenienced by Lu because Lu was late and not providing any info. I think she was rightfully frustrated by that and so that contributed to the way she left. Nevertheless, Lu is the one perpetuating the conflict by acting as if Beth did something wrong in prioritizing her child over Lu.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Beth WAS inconvenienced by Lu because Lu was late and not providing any info. I think she was rightfully frustrated by that and so that contributed to the way she left. Nevertheless, Lu is the one perpetuating the conflict by acting as if Beth did something wrong in prioritizing her child over Lu.

But I thought Beth had no intention of even staying long enough for the show But then she decided to adjust.. but then that compromised her timeframe with the babysitter.. but then it went later still.. and now it’s a time crunch... and now Beth’s running late... and now Beths just GOT to get home..oh my...

lu was doing lu.. lu always does lu. It’s not hard to plan around the fact that shit isn’t gonna go according to plan. If beth was set on not letting anything keep her from leaving on time then I wouldn’t have care if she said he had to get back at 10:15 and then left at the time she intended. 

My point is no one else would be able to compromise what I’ve set up. I either would have set up a babysitter with adjustments in Mind and give myself a big window or im sticking to a set plan no matter what. 

Lu’s handling of the information is ridiculous. That I don’t dispute but I’m just focusing on The position Beth’s taken. It’s annoying cause it leaves the door open now for there to be a dicussion about whose a better mother and it really is t for all that. Lu added to that by making her silly comment but my point is Beth’s “oh I’ve already stayed out way passed my curfew I just must rush home to Brynn” display made the hold up seem like a big deal instead of Lu just being late to perform. 

At most the grievance would have been that it wasn’t cool that she didn’t come hang for a bit with the ladies pre performance but with Beth rushing out to get home to Brynn which she felt the need to announce Added a whole other element of disapproval that would then be discussed.

Now it’s even MORE messed up cause Lu kept a single mom out way later then what’s appropriate and with a babysitter eagerly waiting at the door to boot. That’s the narrative im scoffing at. 

Lu ain’t an angel and this isn’t intended as a defense for Lu. Its me acknowledging that Beth likes to throw her hat in the ring when it comes to setting up petty back and Forths. I don’t for one minute think that Beth wouldn’t have had something to say about “being kept out late with a child at home” whether Lu made her stupid comment or not since she was already referring to the situation before she even left. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

But I thought Beth had no intention of even staying long enough for the show But then she decided to adjust.. but then that compromised her timeframe with the babysitter.. but then it went later still.. and now it’s a time crunch... and now Beth’s running late... and now Beths just GOT to get home..oh my...

lu was doing lu.. lu always does lu. It’s not hard to plan around the fact that shit isn’t gonna go according to plan. If beth was set on not letting anything keep her from leaving on time then I wouldn’t have care if she said he had to get back at 10:15 and then left at the time she intended. 

My point is no one else would be able to compromise what I’ve set up. I either would have set up a babysitter with adjustments in Mind and give myself a big window or im sticking to a set plan no matter what. 

Lu’s handling of the information is ridiculous. That I don’t dispute but I’m just focusing on The position Beth’s taken. It’s annoying cause it leaves the door open now for there to be a dicussion about whose a better mother and it really is t for all that. Lu added to that by making her silly comment but my point is Beth’s “oh I’ve already stayed out way passed my curfew I just must rush home to Brynn” display made the hold up seem like a big deal instead of Lu just being late to perform. 

At most the grievance would have been that it wasn’t cool that she didn’t come hang for a bit with the ladies pre performance but with Beth rushing out to get home to Brynn which she felt the need to announce Added a whole other element of disapproval that would then be discussed.

Now it’s even MORE messed up cause Lu kept a single mom out way later then what’s appropriate and with a babysitter eagerly waiting at the door to boot. That’s the narrative im scoffing at. 

Lu ain’t an angel and this isn’t intended as a defense for Lu. Its me acknowledging that Beth likes to throw her hat in the ring when it comes to setting up petty back and Forths. I don’t for one minute think that Beth wouldn’t have had something to say about “being kept out late with a child at home” whether Lu made her stupid comment or not since she was already referring to the situation before she even left. 

Beth can certainly be petty. But in this case, all she did was say, "I need to get home, I told my sitter I would be back by 11 and I'm already a half hour late." That's not being petty.  Bethenny is an adult, she's not a "single mom being kept out late" by someone else. As an adult, she made a choice to attend and also as a mom, she made a choice to leave. 

The problem with Lu's narrative is not that she "kept a single mom out late." It is that she's basically verbalized that she thinks Bethenny should have chosen seeing her performance over being home with her kid. I am going to defend any parent - single or otherwise, mom or dad - over being home with their 9 year old at ANY time of day over seeing their friend perform.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am going to defend any parent - single or otherwise, mom or dad - over being home with their 9 year old at ANY time of day over seeing their friend perform.

I concur. This was just another scheduled filming.  If BF or anyone else for that matter wanted to watch a tone deaf heavy smoker belt out nonsense, they could probably pop in to any number of subterranean "jazz clubs".  Pick a borough.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Beth can certainly be petty. But in this case, all she did was say, "I need to get home, I told my sitter I would be back by 11 and I'm already a half hour late." That's not being petty.  Bethenny is an adult, she's not a "single mom being kept out late" by someone else. As an adult, she made a choice to attend and also as a mom, she made a choice to leave. 

The problem with Lu's narrative is not that she "kept a single mom out late." It is that she's basically verbalized that she thinks Bethenny should have chosen seeing her performance over being home with her kid. I am going to defend any parent - single or otherwise, mom or dad - over being home with their 9 year old at ANY time of day over seeing their friend perform.

As tacky as it was speak out loud. She isn't exactly wrong.  I personally think if you're already out til 11 then I mean.......

I guess it's cause I'm a New York Nightlife kinda girl. Either I'm committing to a fun night out and make the necessary arrangements so I can enjoy the evening or it's an early night and I'm staying in (cause if all imma do is stick my head out of my turtle shell and pop back in then it's not even worth getting a sitter). That's the recipe I followed when setting up child care. Sue me. 

Not that I think it's okay to criticize but I really don't think it's that big a deal for either of them to drag out. But they will and when they do that's when they'll venture into truely no bueno territory regarding parenting. Something that I'm dreading. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I concur. This was just another scheduled filming.  If BF or anyone else for that matter wanted to watch a tone deaf heavy smoker belt out nonsense, they could probably pop in to any number of subterranean "jazz clubs".  Pick a borough.

Amen!

Luann sucks I would not hv stayed . 

Didn't Bethenny make a big deal out of saying she will not work when she has Bryn and makes great pains to schedule around that? Thought this was a  filmed scene on one of the Bezerkshires trips. So I found it strange Bethenny spent hours on hair, makeup, elaborate costume on a night w Bryn, and on Halloween to boot. Big day for kids Bryns age. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I generally enjoy Luann on the show (this season less so), even though I recognize she is problematic as a human, but... oof! In that performance, she had all of the stage presence of a potato chip. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 9:48 AM, njbchlover said:

Bridie, Birdie, Briddie (I thought Ramona was calling her Brittany, for a minute)....and then, to further insult the girl, she said "Her name doesn't matter - the charity does".  Poor Bridie was much more courteous than I would have been.  

My (nick)name is actually Bridey and I saw the chyron with her name "Bridie" and could not for the life of me understand how Ramona was pronouncing it at the initial lunch.  Briddie?  I thought that poor girl doesn't know how to pronounce her own name!  Then of course her companions had to correct Ramona and even then Ramona didn't bother to remember what her name was.  Nobody has ever called me Birdie or Briddie or Britney.  (I have one friend who types my name as Brighty, but that's a bit more understandable, I think)

Edited by Red Bridey
oh me oh my, there's a difference; and clarity in pronouns is a good thing
  • Love 3