Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I've been looking forward to this all week so I'd like to personally thank Verizon for screwing up the sound for the entire hour. 

I watched on my DVR this morning and couldn't figure out why the editors chose to make it look like some weird drug dream.  The commercials weren't messed up.  

10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Ugh, Dorinda’s horrible daughter Hannah. Mind your own business, it’s your moms  place and if she wants to spend her money on Halloween stuff on sale that’s her business too. And do something about those eyebrows. 

To be fair they looked a lot better, I think the butterflies finally broke out of their chrysalis

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, mjstrick said:

Serious question.  Do NY apartments,  or high rise apartments in general, usually have that hotel evacuation sign on the back of the front door?  

Yes!  I live in a 52 story apartment building and I have one of those on the back of my door.  Weird, I know.

Edited to add:  I just checked and it's a fire safety notice!  Same kind of thing but it feels like it belongs on a hotel room door and not an apartment.

Edited by malibu
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Is it me or did Barb look better in that Slash makeup than she regularly does.  No nude lipstick or bronzer (or she didn't spray tan for a few weeks).

I hate to be kept waiting.  I would have been out of that party.  Sorry Lu.

I found it hard to pay attention this episode.  Too much fast talking?  I don't know.

Doris, please!  It's not about you.  Geez.  Stop interrupting Ro's lame speech.

Hmm.  I didn't have that problem.  Maybe it was a local thing.

For this event, Barbara looks like she got her face done professionally. When she does it herself, her skin takes on the look of an over basted turkey and someone hit the broil dial by accident

Tan mom comes to mind whenever Barb walks into a room

giphy.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

This surprised me, too! Dorinda mentioned she moved into a townhouse when she married Richard, and the moved back after he passed. If Richard was so wealthy and loved Dorinda so much, why did she have to leave the town house to go back to her shabby digs? If the townhouse was full of bad memories from his illness, why didn’t she move into something comparable to the townhome or have the money back then to redecorate that drab apartment? And while Blue Stone Manor is  a beautiful home, the decor seems more Rooms To Go than Architectural Digest.  It doesn’t really add up for me.

What am I missing?

The apartment Dorinda is now moving out of - I think she owned before marrying Richard - she bought it after her divorce from Lynch. Richard bought Blue Stone Manor for Dorinda. The apartment in NYC they had during their marriage - I think went to his son when he passed.

I think Dorinda moved back into her apartment with Hannah because Hannah was going to school in the city.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, chewycandy said:

This legit got me upset. B spent three hours at that party!

Yeah, the sitter probably had to get home a certain time.  Besides Beth was there awhile, and the Countless didn’t even have The courtesy to come out and say hello.  Lu is getting too uppity, and those 3 songs are getting stale.  She’s probably going to confront Beth next week about leaving, thus the fight when Beth tells Lu off again.

• Love 24
(edited)
10 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Remember when a young Noel wanted his mom to stay home, but Luann couldn't be bothered.  Remember when their housekeeper talked about parents who let others raise their children.  Remember when Ramona called Luann a weekend mom.

Also, you know that Luann slept in every morning after nights galavanting about while Bethenny gets up in the morning to get her child ready for school. Plus, the babysitter may have had her own Halloween party to go to.

Luann sucks. Her new house doesn't seem so great, either. Not enough bedrooms to accommodate the group; a guest room with a stove in it. Quite the comedown. Her daughter Victoria also is looking rough.

I still find Barbara icky.

Ramona is so full of herself. Love that they keep showing her lies and wonder how many more there are to come.

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • Love 20

Holy cow, this was the episode that was unintentionally hilarious although I felt bad for Bridie.  Dorinda having a horrified look of John wanting to move in.  Hannah and her awkwardness.  Did they not have enough money for dental work for her? That's one helluva an overbite.  

Then there's Bethenny, dressed like a Victoria Secret model and acting surprised no one thinks she's trying to be anything but a VS model.  And I think she now views herself as that attractive that she's VS model material.

Lu's awful singing and dancing.

The clusterfuck of idiots at the end trying to let Bridie tell her story while interrupting each other.  And the return of Slurrinda!

• Love 20

You know, if Sonja and Dorinda had just shut up, I could’ve happily ragged on Ramona for not knowing Bridie’s real name.  But now I just think “Oh well, it’s an unusual name, and one that looks really similar to other, more common names/words. Totally understandable, I’ll give her a pass”.  Ramona was at least trying, and So and Do were just horrific.  

Luann deliberately killing time upstairs as the party was in full swing was awful, and I don’t blame Bethenny for getting sick of it.  I do appreciate the slow build to their big blowout.  When Lu puts on a persona (Countess, Cabaret Star), she’s unbearable.  I can believe that B is bossy and bitchy when given a modicum of control over someone else’s life and Lu may be chafing under Bethenny’s input, but right now, I’m still on B’s side.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Who in the heck would want anything to do with Harry's funky junk this late in the game?

Seriously!  This guy comes off as really drunk and incredibly stupid.  His parents must really be wealthy b/c there is no way anyone would be interested in this idiot if it weren't for that.

Meanwhile, Ramona is flat out embarrassing.  I think she looks fantastic for her age, but her attempts at flirtation and her constant talk about how great looking she is just shows how insecure she is now about her looks.  Or that she thinks Mario will watch this show and come crawling back to her because she's just soooooo desirable.

• Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

You mean Bridie? Ramona was so busy patting herself on the back she couldn't even get the poor girl's name right. She's such an asshole!

Bridie, Birdie, Briddie (I thought Ramona was calling her Brittany, for a minute)....and then, to further insult the girl, she said "Her name doesn't matter - the charity does".  Poor Bridie was much more courteous than I would have been.  

It was like Ramona was just using the girl to get her name associated with another charity, in order to have another feather in her philanthropist cap.  I wonder if the women are getting annoyed with Ramona's efforts at social climbing - it's been mentioned several times this season.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 23
(edited)

I think that Dorinda's daughter is beautiful.  I have mentioned this before but she reminds me of models Ana Mihajlovic or Linda Vojtova.

I don't get what's going on with Dorinda and John.  If she's so disgusted by John why doesn't she just leave him?  She's so rude to him on the show.  It makes me think even less of her.

amihajlovic_profile.jpg689159-500w (1).jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh for Goodness Sakes.  It’s the Dale & Tinsley Show again.  Crying about babies and Scott.  Enough already.  Dale’s face looks plastic.  It doesn’t move.

Luanne singing the same song again.  Boring.

What scares me (most) about Dale's face is that you can't see the whites of her eyes. Reminds me of the promo shot for "Birdbox".

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Ugh, Dorinda’s horrible daughter Hannah. Mind your own business, it’s your moms  place and if she wants to spend her money on Halloween stuff on sale that’s her business too. And do something about those eyebrows. 

Yeah.  I've never really had an opinion about Hannah.  I know that Dorinda adores her, of course, she's her daughter, but, she sure didn't make for an enjoyable visit.  Why so down?  Couldn't she be a little more supportive?  Her mom is moving on, but, she has to be so negative about the place her mother lived with her after her husband died.  Maybe, it was the best she could do.  

Ramona continues to live in a world where she is the center.  I used to be a Ramona fan long ago.  But, my opinion of her changed when one day she was honored by a women's business group as a successful business woman on the show.  Her family was there to see her accept award and make speech.  She did nothing but brag on herself.  Spoke of how SHE overcame so much, worked hard, make things work for her success......well, I've heard many acceptance speeches from various successful people, like judges, public officials, business people, artists, doctors, etc. AND THEY ALL THANK OTHERS for making them successful. They thank their teachers, mentors, family members, friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc.  Ramona can't relate to that.  That speech told me who Ramona is and that was it for me.  I don't detest her, but, am not a fan.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Another lesson is not to make Dorinda mad before you're going to give a speech or go on stage.  Dorinda was mad at Ramona for not inviting her to the birthday party, so she started hounding Ramona during her speech.  LuAnn made Dorinda mad and that's why she started yelling "Jovanni" during her performance last season.   It's best to stay on her good side, unless you want to get called on the carpet during the most inopportune moment.  Yikes!  

It was mortifying to see Sonja & Dorinda act this way and take the spotlight off of the most important person in the room - the victim of sexual abuse.  The person for whom the charity was being held.  At least Ramona was trying to be serious.  They previewed this scene on WWHL last week, and I almost couldn't watch the whole thing last night, but I clenched my teeth and sat through it.   I don't think it takes many drinks to make Dorinda act like a jerk.  She really needs to abstain from alcohol in any public setting like this.   Sonja too.  

That’s why I don’t care for Dorinda.  One slip of the tongue, and you’re toast.  She’ll get even with you in the nastiest way.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s why I don’t care for Dorinda.  One slip of the tongue, and you’re toast.  She’ll get even with you in the nastiest way.

Exactly.  I mean, all of these women act as if they were raised by wolves but Dorinda is actively nasty in a way that is really troubling.

I found the conversation between Dorinda and Hannah about that apartment really disconcerting, as if there is something that Hannah was trying to say about Dorinda's behavior after Richard died that she didn't want to come out and say directly.  It's clear that Richard's death was really hard on Dorinda, and I know how difficult grieving can be. But it felt to me that Hannah was trying to say that Dorinda fell into a deep depression (which, again, would be totally understandable) or something even worse. I am not sure if she began drinking heavily or what but I found that conversation unnerving. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 7
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, LuAnn is a mom too. But clearly not an involved one. If she had any sense she'd realize that parents don't need to be home at a certain time to stare at their sleeping kids; they have to relieve the babysitter!!!

Not to mention, young kids usually wake up EARLY and you have to get up with them!

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't get what's going on with Dorinda.  If she's so disgusted by John why doesn't she just leave?  She's so rude to him on the show.  It makes me think even less of her.

The dry cleaning and the occassional dress that nobody claims?   I remember that time he brought over a dress for her and he was like "so good to see you..." and her response basically was, "I love this dress!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Bethenny needs to close her mouth when she actually eats (i.e., devouring the shrimp from the seafood tower).  To quote Ramona, "Deee-class-eh!"

I have no love lost for Erika Jayne's "live" performances, but she is positively wondrous compared to LuAnn's "Hall of Presidents" style of stomping mechanically through "Chic C'est La Vie".

I wanted to know why Bethenny was invited to the VS show.  It's not like she's gonna sport their bras.  And that latex dress was tragic.

I think I now understand Barbara's belly-baring dressing now: she has abs.  She was actually showing too little of them, paired with a belted bottom at the wrong place.  That made her look all boxy and Sponge-Bobby. The wrap dresses weren't hitting her right, either.  If she fixes that, gets away from the nude lip, and stops dipping into the orange selftanner, she will be on her way to the second season glow-up.  A hair cut won't hurt either (see: Mortimer, Tinsley).

And thirded on the apartments having hotel-like fire escape routes.  My sister lived in a huuuuge Columbia building up on 125th, and it had a map escape on the back of front door to the apartment.  It actually helped me figure out how to just get out of there regularly, because it was a convoluted construction.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Bridie, Birdie, Briddie (I thought Ramona was calling her Brittany, for a minute)....and then, to further insult the girl, she said "Her name doesn't matter - the charity does".  Poor Bridie was much more courteous than I would have been.  

It was like Ramona was just using the girl to get her name associated with another charity, in order to have another feather in her philanthropist cap.  I wonder if the women are getting annoyed with Ramona's efforts at social climbing - it's been mentioned several times this season.

I doubt Ramona caresabout the charity.  She just wants her name and face in the newspapers.

• Love 22

My moms condo in Boca has the evacuation map on the door too. And seeing that it’s the 6th borough, it makes sense. 

I though nothing of B’s “I’ve got my kid”. I call my college age daughter “princess” in the most sarcastic tone. Doesn’t mean I love her any less or she love me any less. 

I think Ramona said “statue Of limitations in her TH. She was talking fast, but I think that’s what I heard. Didn’t bother to rewind though. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Who in the heck would want anything to do with Harry's funky junk this late in the game?

Desperate single wealthy women in their 50's and 60's? They will take the funky junk. The pickens are slim in NYC. 

Drunk or Sober, Luann is just an asshole. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm not a Bethenny apologist but I get it. AND kids are never *not* a good excuse to get out of a place you don't want to be anymore. Even if Brynn was at the dad's for the night, I'm sure she could've used that "I have my kid" reasoning. It doesn't seem Bethenny drinks a lot these days (on camera) & TBH it looked like that's what the Halloween party was. LouAnn "practicing Her dance moves" in the suite beforehand was ummm embarrassing.  I suffered 2nd hand embarrassment watching that. 

I understood Dorinda's attack on RoMINA (lmao) at the fundraiser but wrong time & place. The way she started in with her speech was "many sexual abuse victims seem to think 'it's MY fault. It's something I've done'!" and that was not relevant to the heart of the charity. Dorinda wanted to bring the awareness to the point "he is still out there" hence "statute of limitations changes." Dorinda said something about "family friend" which made sense. I'll never fail to be shocked how Ramona made it in business. She is Ill mannered and I'll spoken even for a grade schooler. 

I will never like Hannah. She is strange IMO. Something there gives me the heebie jeebies. And what was that talk from her to Do about "when we were little..."? Wtf? She is the daughter and she always also seems to steamroll and dominate the conversations with Do. Strange dynamic.  I got into this a little more in the "Dorinda" thread. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 17

I'm a little mad at myself for assuming that, based on her face/chin, Barbara had a terrible body. Her body is actually pretty great! Hilarious that nobody knew who she was. She looked THAT different. Totally killed it as Slash. I'm not a big fan of hers but I can say she looked great. Can't wait for next week when I dry heave as she talks about being sexually fluid. Nothing against people who are sexually fluid, just something against Barbara and all the bronzer that must rub off her when she touches anything and anyone. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I understood Dorinda's attack on RoMINA (lmao) at the fundraiser but wrong time & place. The way she started in with her speech was "many sexual abuse victims seem to think 'it's MY fault. It's something I've done'!" and that was not relevant to the heart of the charity. Dorinda wanted to bring the awareness to the point "he is still out there" hence "statute of limitations changes." Dorinda said something about "family friend" which made sense. I'll never fail to be shocked how Ramona made it in business. She is Ill mannered and I'll spoken even for a grade schooler. 

It is 100 percent not appropriate for Dorinda to interrupt the person who was actually sharing her story (Bridie) even if they were a valid point to make about why the statutes of limitations should change. She could have made that point AFTER Bridie stopped speaking. 

Ramona wasn't great here either - when Sonja interrupted her, she kept saying "why are you interrupting me" and yes, she made it all about her. But Dorinda's actions were worse, IMO, because she interrupted the actual person whose story needs to be heard. At least Ramona, ill-mannered as she is, understood how unacceptable that is.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Luann is so flat. She is awful. God, she needs to take singing lessons.

You just brought this old saying to my mind:  Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and annoys the pig.   

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
(edited)

Beth and Lu are in a race to circle a drain. I couldn't possibly "side" with either of them, I find them both so detestable.

You wanna talk digs, Beth? Lu flipping about what room you were assigned at Blue Stone Manor was a dig at Dorinda, and her house, not you. But you going on camera and insinuating that Lu probably should have an issue being in a performance venue around booze? Also a dig. B's going tit for tat here and pretending to be a pacifist. I'm not buying it.

Whatever stupid shit Lu said about B leaving at 11, whatever. Lu was being an ass, hiding out in her rehearsal tower like she had to memorize Shakespeare. But Beth has a history of not keeping to a production schedule, and leaving when she wants, and making flimsy excuses.

Let me not get started about Beth showing up as a Victoria's Secret angel and feigning shock that anyone would think of her costume as such. I am honestly curious how little she eats at that age to have that figure. I'm a good 20 years younger, I work out 5 days a week, I eat no more than 1200 calories per day, and I have NEVER been anywhere thin enough to consider donning that costume. It's impressive, and also baffling. 

Hannah's hair and makeup were much improved, and I can see a beautiful young woman there. I love her look - it's high fashion and uncommon. She's the polar opposite of a conventional beauty like Tinsley, and I can appreciate both.

Poor Tins. I can see myself having the same conversation with my mother in 10 years. Tinsley hasn't had the chance to self-actualize and break free of that mold that's suffocating her. I think she'd have tons of confidence if she'd been raised anywhere but the stifling UES Gossip Girl crowd. She has so much more to offer than what she's been told.

I can relate directly to accomplishing big things and wishing the person you loved cared enough to show up for you. Lucky for me, these things all happened in my 20s. Entering a new decade, I'm equipped to handle the disappointment, put it in perspective, and move on. I can appreciate my own triumphs and successes alone or share them with friends. If a certain guy isn't there, it's his loss. And I move on. I had her Big Apple Circus breakdown following my college graduation, and after handling a couple of funerals alone, nothing like that can really shake me anymore. I'm not sure Tinsley has been allowed to process her own feelings so she can move past them. Dale seems to operate on the currency of suppression, which only makes things worse as time goes on.

Barbara's costume was great, but I think those were painted-on abs. No disrespect to Barbara - she's got a fine figure and doesn't need Ramona to dress her.

That charity thing was over the line, for me. I am not cool with taking such a painful issue and exploiting it on screen as a way to show how clueless the ladies are. Bridge too far and all that - treat survivors like Bridie with the utmost respect or keep it off my screen. It was a layered insult for Ramona and Sonja to  behave that way and then again to put it on TV.

I am starting to miss Carole, but I know her absence is for the best, as another election circus will soon dawn.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 18
53 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I'm not a Bethenny apologist but I get it. AND kids are never *not* a good excuse to get out of a place you don't want to be anymore. Even if Brynn was at the dad's for the night, I'm sure she could've used that "I have my kid" reasoning. It doesn't seem Bethenny drinks a lot these days (on camera) & TBH it looked like that's what the Halloween party was. LouAnn "practicing Her dance moves" in the suite beforehand was ummm embarrassing.  I suffered 2nd hand embarrassment watching that. 

I will never like Hannah. She is strange IMO. Something there gives me the heebie jeebies. And what was that talk from her to Do about "when we were little..."? Wtf? She is the daughter and she always also seems to steamroll and dominate the conversations with Do. Strange dynamic.  I got into this a little more in the "Dorinda" thread. 

It’s called “spoiled rich kid”.  A smart ass who talks to the Mother like she knows more.  I wouldn’t stand for that.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I wouldn't have used the kid excuse. I would've said it was getting late and I was tired of waiting on your diva ass, for your lame AF performance.

LOVE!!!! 

These women are all so vile and repulsive.  I don't care about any of them anymore. 

I get more disgusted at their behavior than amused,  which makes me even more disgusted with my own damn self for wasting so much time.  They're all waaay too old for the shit they say and do.   

They are becoming absolute housewife horrors of what too much easy money can and will do to pollute someone's very soul.      

• Love 8

On closer inspection, Barbara’s face looks fabulous.  It’s naturally white, her lipstick is red, and her hair is black and curly.  A totally new Barbara in a great way.  She should keep the look.  The body rocks too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Maybe Brynn's nanny had the night off to go to a Halloween party herself and Bethenney had to hire a babysitter.  

Maybe she lied about it so she'd have an excuse to leave.

Either way, she was there at around 8pm for a show that was supposed to start at 11pm but didn't start until 11:39pm.

I'd have left then too if I wanted to leave then, whether I had to lie about the reason or not.  Sorry Lu.

Barbara looked really good as Slash.

Dorinda looked like Marilyn Manson if you ask me.

• Love 13

Ramona is nuts, her comment about how 40 year olds, both men and women come up to her all the time...let's think about this realistically.  I am sure she interacts with them, once they chat with her for a moment I am sure they go back to what ever they were doing, forging a long and meaningful relationship is not what they are doing.  

Ramona embarrassed herself at that lunch calling that woman by the wrong name, repeatedly. She told everyone how the party will be set up, etc...was she part of the planning committee or was she just taking on the role of the entire planning committee?  I got the feeling that the others were wondering why they were left out of the process.

Love Sonja's "I also do children," OMG! 

Ramona does not show up to Lu's Halloween show because there might be a man in NYC that she hasn't rubbed up on at Omar's that night.  

Bethenny is the first one at out of the group at the show, she often is the first to arrive for things even when she is trying to be late...more screen time for her!

• Love 10

Dorinda (and Sonja, for that matter) are delusional. I mean, yes, Ramona was not a great host. But the idea that they were "saving" her or that Dorinda was showing her how to talk about the charity in question? Come on now. From the OK! article:

"In this moment, I thought I was saving her because she wasn't saying anything about the charity [in the speech] and you can't do that," Dorinda explained.

I get that they are annoyed with Ramona and I get why - Ramona is annoying and self-centered. But Dorinda's complete inability to own up to anything would drive me crazy. Sonja is also self-centered but at least she doesn't seem to be vicious. 

A bad look for all three of them. The good news is that the statutes of limitation were extended in New York. 

• Love 8

Thanks to the poster who clarified the charity status. It was confusing for this viewer who was often turning away from the tv. To me it sounded like she was creating a charity.

Next question,  at such a fundraiser do people donate their used costume jewelry?   

I can see if it’s a Monet or Picasso but functions I’ve been to bids go to services or something people really want. The way Lu looked during that segment I thought maybe it had been given to her by Harry.