Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Be Careful What You Wish For

ESS
  • Start Topic

ATHENA INVESTIGATES A MAIL BOMB 

The first responders deal with a calamity at a chocolate factory and a mail bomb explosion. Meanwhile, Eddie receives some surprising news from Shannon, Maddie contemplates her future in the call center and tragedy strikes the 118.

I can't believe that they broke up Eddie and his wife, only to kill her off. Poor Christopher. He just got his mother back.

I loved Chimney as the Captain." He was so good with Eddie. Telling him the truth that Shannon's chances of surviving weren't good so he should say goodbye to his wife. And that final scene with Chimney and Hen was so sweet. Such talented actors.

I couldn't stop smiling at everyone going to Bobby for help disrupting his wedding planning. And Bobby going to the hospital to be there for Eddie who needed him was poignant. 

It was overkill to bring the rescued victims that Maddie helped, but it was fun seeing them again, especially the couple with the wife who was threatening to jump and the husband who played the music. I am glad that Maddie isn't leaving the call center. I really like that component of the show. 

I enjoyed the rescues of the lottery jumper and the guy who fell into the vat of chocolate. 

Next week looks like it will be really good with the serial bomber.

• Love 21

Oh my gosh that guy falling into that vat of chocolate! Yowza. Wouldn't there have been a tap/valve near the bottom that could have been released? I know, plot point.

• Love 8

Oh come on! First Game of Thrones and now Eddie’s wife? Why can’t female love interests survive on TV any more?

The scene with the people Maddie helped was over the top. I guess it was nice, but it didn’t land with me because it seems so schmaltzy. 

• Love 15
(edited)
35 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I enjoyed the rescues of the lottery jumper and the guy who fell into the vat of chocolate. 

As soon as he fell in, this jumped into my mind (I still have the LP with this bit on it):  

Edited by BooksRule
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I had no emotional investment in Eddie's wife.  So her demise just left me cold.  She had already abandoned Eddie and Christopher once and was so spooked by the idea of another one that she was all ready to abandon them again.

I did like everyone going to Bobby for counsel no matter the subject.  From dating to pregnancy scares to complaining about Chim he listened and gave them all sound advice as he calmly perused wedding magazines.  LOL.

I also liked Chim' storyline in this one.  I liked his quick evolution from hard ass captain to just finally settling into the role.

I definitely see Athena and Bobby as a backyard barbecue wedding.  I had one complete with a pool party reception in our backyard and it was a blast.

• Love 20

You know, I wondered early on this season, when Shannon first showed back up, if they might have the guts to kill off a secondary character like her. But I really didn't think that they would. I mean, really, they were just about to get divorced and then they decided that divorce is...what, too easy? So they kill her instead? I mean, I love single dad Eddie but not like this!

Though, I can't say I actually feel that bad about her death. She showed up a bunch of episodes ago, got back together with Eddie, and then was basically offscreen until this episode. I do feel bad for Christopher. I'm really glad they didn't focus too much on his reaction because that would be heartbreaking.

Chimney did alright as the interim Captain. I am glad that he had some ups and downs, and that Hen went over to comfort him and give him a pep talk.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Bobby's revolving door scene.

The Maddie stuff was alright, I guess. It was definitely over the top, but I liked seeing past calls show up.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

As soon as he fell in, this jumped into my mind (I still have the LP with this bit on it):  

Thank you for sharing this!  Did that bring back memories!

• Love 1

The writers didn't do a good job of getting me invested in the Eddy/ Shannon relationship so her dying was... whatever to me.. I'm also left wondering what the point was in bringing the Ex/still wife back. I can't help but wonder if the writers will have Eddy go down a dark path. Because that is sooo interesting...not...

I also thought it was weird that Shannon was pressuring Eddy at the beach to commit to where the relationship was going only for her to decide I want a divorce. But then she said maybe I can learn to be a wife, so was she thinking that down the road they would get remarried? 

I feel bad for Christopher, but don't really feel bad that Shannon died.

Also the writing department needs to stop giving away the major storylines in the next weeks promos. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Fireball said:

The writers didn't do a good job of getting me invested in the Eddy/ Shannon relationship so her dying was... whatever to me.. I'm also left wondering what the point was in bringing the Ex/still wife back. I can't help but wonder if the writers will have Eddy go down a dark path. Because that is sooo interesting...not...

My first thought was maybe they have a plan for Eddie to kind of lose it. But honestly, it's probably more like they thought they had a plan with Eddie/Shannon and at some point while writing this season, it changed and they realized that they didn't need, or want, Eddie's wife hanging around. Maybe they want more single dad Eddie. Maybe they figured out the actress wasn't working. Maybe the actress decided to leave the show. Whatever the reason is, I'm glad they did it. Because yes, single dad Eddie is the best Eddie. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

My first thought was maybe they have a plan for Eddie to kind of lose it. But honestly, it's probably more like they thought they had a plan with Eddie/Shannon and at some point while writing this season, it changed and they realized that they didn't need, or want, Eddie's wife hanging around. Maybe they want more single dad Eddie. Maybe they figured out the actress wasn't working. Maybe the actress decided to leave the show. Whatever the reason is, I'm glad they did it. Because yes, single dad Eddie is the best Eddie.  

Maybe this is why they killed her character:  Michelle Monaghan to Star in Netflix Drama 'Messiah' 

Michelle Monaghan is going from Hulu to Netflix. The True Detective grad, who recently wrapped the third and final season of Hulu's The Path, has been cast as the female lead of Netflix drama series Messiah.

• Useful 5

I didn't see any chemistry between Eddie and his wife so her death meant nothing to me. I did feel bad for Christopher but that was about it. Was annoyed with the Maddie storyline--no one is that indispensable, and it was beyond corny, especially with Gloria coming back and thanking Maddie for helping her realize the error of her ways.  Please, spare me.

I did love Bobby and Chim coming into his own as Capt. Next week looks predictable.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, preeya said:

Maybe this is why they killed her character:  Michelle Monaghan to Star in Netflix Drama 'Messiah' 

They look similar but Shannon isn't Michelle Monaghan. She's played by Devin Kelley.

I wasn't invested in her but I also don't get the point of her death, especially after the breakup.  If it's a way to kill someone of "importance" without killing one of the main cast members---fine--but it was surprise for surprise's sake. Ironically, Chim got the best scenes out of it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They look similar but Shannon isn't Michelle Monaghan. She's played by Devin Kelley.

I wasn't invested in her but I also don't get the point of her death, especially after the breakup.  If it's a way to kill someone of "importance" without killing one of the main cast members---fine--but it was surprise for surprise's sake. Ironically, Chim got the best scenes out of it.

My mistake. They could pass for twins.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, elle said:

Thank you for sharing this!  Did that bring back memories!

For me too. Popped into my head immediately when he fell in. I know I’m old, so must be a bunch of us geezers on this board to remember that too.😁

Edited by hoosiermom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was just thinking that Chim opened himself up for an investigation. As he basically pronounced her as a dead woman talking and ordered the withholding of treatment 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, rhys said:

Oh my gosh that guy falling into that vat of chocolate! Yowza. Wouldn't there have been a tap/valve near the bottom that could have been released? I know, plot point.

I know, I was wondering, why wasn't anyone bailing while they were waiting for help?

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Bobby's revolving door scene.

That was my favorite part, with people glancing down at the wedding plan stuff and saying "Is this a good time?"

The Shannon stuff just felt like lazy writing. I figure the actress got another job, but I don't care enough about it to even look and check. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Raja said:

I was just thinking that Chim opened himself up for an investigation. As he basically pronounced her as a dead woman talking and ordered the withholding of treatment 

Except her husband/next-of-kin was right there and made the ultimate call so I doubt it'd cause any problems for him.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am glad that Maddie isn't leaving the call center. I really like that component of the show. 

I don't mind her, but I do wish the character (or perhaps the actress - it is JLH after all) could stop being a victim now.  Such perpetual angst.  "Woe is me, I'm not helpful enough".  <ptui>

• Love 8
9 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I didn't see any chemistry between Eddie and his wife so her death meant nothing to me. I did feel bad for Christopher but that was about it. Was annoyed with the Maddie storyline--no one is that indispensable, and it was beyond corny, especially with Gloria coming back and thanking Maddie for helping her realize the error of her ways.  Please, spare me.

I agree - I actually fast-forwarded through that scene. And I'd imagine a job like that has pretty high turnover as a rule, so the idea that they'd go to all that trouble to keep Maddie struck me as pretty silly.

Did not care about Eddie's wife either. The best part of the episode was the revolving door of people asking for Bobby's advice, especially little Harry Grant (who I think is adorable).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Agree about the Eddie/wife storyline.  Never was invested in her, at all, and the actors never convinced me that their characters were invested in each other.

Everytime they were on, it took me right out of the show because it just felt like 2 actors acting. Her line delivery especially was so off at times. 

• Love 5

Yeah...a death isn't poignant or touching if you haven't done the work to get the viewers invested in the character/relationship. There was no point in having her return. And her letter to Christopher was bullshit.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Except her husband/next-of-kin was right there and made the ultimate call so I doubt it'd cause any problems for him.

I also had the impression that the injuries were such that getting her intubated, while technically required, was a meaningless gesture. Like the guy in the motorcycle accident last season, who was alive but....nothing was actually going to save him.

• Love 5

Good grief, the entire scene with Maddie being confronted by all the callers she's helped should have been nixed in the writing room as soon as someone suggested it. What a laughably contrived and corny scene! It actually would have played better as a dream sequence. So did her co-worker go through all of her call records, contact all those people, gauge their appreciation level for their 911 operator, coordinate all their schedules to find a time they could all meet at the same restaurant and organize this whole thing? Because that sounds like something that would get him fired.

I did enjoy Chim's stint as acting captain (chief?) and the way everyone kept showing up at Bobby's place to bitch about it, including Chim himself.

As for Eddie and his erstwhile wife, that relationship never got off the ground anyway and just last week we (well, another poster and I) were saying Eddie was far more interesting as a single dad. Good riddance to unnecessary baggage. 

Buck really hasn't gotten much of a story this season compared to last, has he? The addition of Eddie has definitely taken some of his screen time, but at the same time the show hasn't spent a whole lot of time with Eddie either. Both have become marginal characters at best.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I did enjoy Chim's stint as acting captain (chief?) and the way everyone kept showing up at Bobby's place to bitch about it, including Chim himself.

Captain. I sat there thinking what the entire LAFD doesn't have a Captain wanting overtime or in a non supervisory position to move over for a couple of shifts

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Good grief, the entire scene with Maddie being confronted by all the callers she's helped should have been nixed in the writing room as soon as someone suggested it. What a laughably contrived and corny scene! It actually would have played better as a dream sequence. So did her co-worker go through all of her call records, contact all those people, gauge their appreciation level for their 911 operator, coordinate all their schedules to find a time they could all meet at the same restaurant and organize this whole thing? Because that sounds like something that would get him fired.

It was absurd even for this show. But the boss was apparently in on it. So ridiculous. Not to mention. I don't know many workplaces that would respond so favorably to a short-time employee's existential crisis.

Edited by Jillybean
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, ESS said:
ATHENA INVESTIGATES A MAIL BOMB 

The first responders deal with a calamity at a chocolate factory and a mail bomb explosion. Meanwhile, Eddie receives some surprising news from Shannon, Maddie contemplates her future in the call center and tragedy strikes the 118.

I wonder who produced the headline? The street supervisor cop sees a TV news report of a second bomb and comes to the same conclusion that everybody else on the show instantly did.

• Love 2

I wonder who produced the headline? The street supervisor cop sees a TV news report of a second bomb and comes to the same conclusion that everybody else on the show instantly did.

The synopsis in my TV grid was misleading too because it said the crew would be responding to and investigating a "serial bomber" but we didn't find out there was more than one bomb until the last split second of the episode. 

16 hours ago, Xantar said:

Oh come on! First Game of Thrones and now Eddie’s wife? Why can’t female love interests survive on TV any more?

The scene with the people Maddie helped was over the top. I guess it was nice, but it didn’t land with me because it seems so schmaltzy. 

They do survive. Very often. Characters die on TV shows for dramatic purposes. Gender being coincidental. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Good grief, the entire scene with Maddie being confronted by all the callers she's helped should have been nixed in the writing room as soon as someone suggested it. What a laughably contrived and corny scene! It actually would have played better as a dream sequence.

1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

It was absurd even for this show. But the boss was apparently in on it. So ridiculous. Not to mention. I don't know many workplaces that would respond so favorably to a short-time employee's existential crisis.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. I don't think this was written as a simple plot point in a TV show. This was a very loud and clear public thank you to dispatchers and call takers everywhere. The burnout rate for major urban center 911 call takers is high and they rarely get any second thoughts by most people so this was a nice gesture by the show-runners as far as I'm concerned.

In a show like this it's easy to portray cops, firefighters and medics in a good light. Just show them rolling up and putting out the fire, arresting the bad guys and bringing the dying back to life. It's a lot harder when the job is defined as just a voice on the line or over the radio. Yeah, I'm an odd bird, I guess, but this one hit home in a big way. The only part of it I didn't like was the criminal ex call taker who plead out to her crimes being there. That witch needed to be locked up under the jail for what she did, not turned into a starring role.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, BooksRule said:

It occurred to me as soon as he looked lovingly at the vat of chocolate. 

I was actually disappointed they went with "I want candy".

And I'm choosing to ignore the fact that they should have just drained the chocolate out of the vat, because it wasn't salvageable after the guy fell in...and...they were gonna have to clean/sanitize the vat again anyway.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. I don't think this was written as a simple plot point in a TV show. This was a very loud and clear public thank you to dispatchers and call takers everywhere. The burnout rate for major urban center 911 call takers is high and they rarely get any second thoughts by most people so this was a nice gesture by the show-runners as far as I'm concerned.

Good point.  They are rather the unsung heroes in the whole first responder thing.  If the writers wanted to take some time to show people being grateful and expressing that in (vicarious) way that real life operators don't get to experience in real life, then that's fine by me.

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't think this was written as a simple plot point in a TV show. This was a very loud and clear public thank you to dispatchers and call takers everywhere. The burnout rate for major urban center 911 call takers is high and they rarely get any second thoughts by most people so this was a nice gesture by the show-runners as far as I'm concerned.

While that would certainly be a noble gesture the scene itself was laughably absurd. There were any number of ways they could have accomplished the same thing in a more realistic and less obviously staged manner. I thought it would have been enough just for that one lady to show up - the one who called earlier in the episode about her brother's suicide attempt. But when all the other people started standing up one by one I half expected them to burst into song. Like I said, the whole thing read more like a dream sequence where all these people start coming back from the dead to tell Maddie the difference she made in their lives. Especially when they're all sitting there pretending to be customers and ignoring her until it's their turn to stand up and talk. Who choreographed all of this? Were they handed out numbers and scripts as they arrived? I don't know when I've seen such stilted writing. Even Grey's Anatomy isn't this hamfisted at its worst. 

The rest of the show was quite good - as is the series in general. Seems like the writers are struggling to come up with material for Maddie.

Edited by iMonrey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 7:39 PM, BooksRule said:

Whereas, I thought of this:

image.png.ed58d6629640cb51389d8d6e9c5e86de.png

On 5/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Though, I can't say I actually feel that bad about her death. She showed up a bunch of episodes ago, got back together with Eddie, and then was basically offscreen until this episode. I do feel bad for Christopher. I'm really glad they didn't focus too much on his reaction because that would be heartbreaking.

I was glad too - but I did wonder if part of the reason they shot it that was that the boy is so incandescent that he couldn't really do a grief stricken face. OTOH, maybe they just didn't want to put him through it.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, Fireball said:

I also thought it was weird that Shannon was pressuring Eddy at the beach to commit to where the relationship was going only for her to decide I want a divorce. But then she said maybe I can learn to be a wife, so was she thinking that down the road they would get remarried?

I did too, had a bit of whiplash with her "oh, I'm not pregnant, so now I think we should get divorced because I'm afraid I can't handle another kid" (as if she couldn't make sure they didn't have another kid)

On 5/7/2019 at 9:08 AM, Rap541 said:

I also had the impression that the injuries were such that getting her intubated, while technically required, was a meaningless gesture. Like the guy in the motorcycle accident last season, who was alive but....nothing was actually going to save him.

My take was that it was clear she was dying, and by not getting her intubated, that gave them time to say their goodbyes.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:27 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

I thought it was pretty schmaltzy, but you've made me rethink it. We've had some dispatchers where I work who've been there 20 years - I have no idea how they do that.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

That is a good point and I suspect you are correct.  I am one of those who thought the scene was cringey but hadn't thought of it in that light.  In the end I think the intention was good, but maybe the execution of it not so much.

I did get a kick out of recognizing some of them right off the bat.  I recognized Brandon the guy who got shrink wrapped in the Christmas present.  His story just made my skin crawl because being closed up like that is my nightmare.  I rolled my eyes at billboard lady though because she was one person who I felt no sympathy for inconveniencing and endangering people with a loaded gun because of her damned marriage problems! 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

That is a good point and I suspect you are correct.  I am one of those who thought the scene was cringey but hadn't thought of it in that light.  In the end I think the intention was good, but maybe the execution of it not so much.

I do wonder if it would have been more impactful if it happened: a) for the finale instead of this episode; and b) with various members of the other departments involved (police, firefighters, paramedics) to help enforce the idea that the 9-1-1 call centers are important for all involved? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

While I do understand your point, this show is called 9-1-1 which I view as an homage to 911 call takers.  I didn't have a problem with the scene except for the fact that the writers just took things too far and it really was too schmaltzy. 

• Love 5
On 5/6/2019 at 9:39 PM, BooksRule said:

Happy to see I am not the only one who thought of the Smothers Brothers! I wore that particular record out! The only thing missing was the guy yelling "Fire!".....because heck, no one would come if you yell chocolate!!!!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

While that would certainly be a noble gesture the scene itself was laughably absurd. There were any number of ways they could have accomplished the same thing in a more realistic and less obviously staged manner. I thought it would have been enough just for that one lady to show up - the one who called earlier in the episode about her brother's suicide attempt. But when all the other people started standing up one by one I half expected them to burst into song. Like I said, the whole thing read more like a dream sequence where all these people start coming back from the dead to tell Maddie the difference she made in their lives. Especially when they're all sitting there pretending to be customers and ignoring her until it's their turn to stand up and talk. Who choreographed all of this? Were they handed out numbers and scripts as they arrived? I don't know when I've seen such stilted writing. Even Grey's Anatomy isn't this hamfisted at its worst.

All of this. I have no issues with Maddie or the actress playing her, but yeah, that whole situation was beyond ridiculous. It was like "This is Your Life" (kids, ask your parents).

• Love 10

I agree about the Maddie plot being too over the top. If the show wanted to do a public thank you to the 911 dispatchers, I would have preferred to see an operator who had been there many years and was going to retire, not someone who was just hired a few months ago and was thinking about quitting so she could go back to being a nurse. 

I'm glad Eddie's wife will no longer be around. Abuelita didn't seem too upset about her death. 

The candy guy licking the sample cup and scraping it with his fingers and then trying to dip it back in the chocolate completely  grossed me out.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

All of this. I have no issues with Maddie or the actress playing her, but yeah, that whole situation was beyond ridiculous. It was like "This is Your Life" (kids, ask your parents).

Ironically we have a local charity drive that does commercials where people who participate a lot in the Health and Wealth raffle (100 dollars a ticket, tons of prizes, but like all raffles, more losers than winners) are interviewed by someone who asks them what they won (its always nothing) and the interviewed person is usually all "I'm just glad I could help" and then the interviewer reveals that they were a patient at the local hospital that gets the fundage from the raffle and they *didn't die* from their brain cancer because good people like the interviewee kept giving. There's several sweet, schmaltzy variations of this and it's way similar to this scene and it really is effective. 

My bitch about realism? That bitch hanging up on people essentially leaving them to die didn't get prison time? Well, fuck then, we all know Bobby will probably get a parade for killing all those people...

• Love 2

The best moments for me were the Bobby as confidante and counselor and Chim’s moments with Hen. And, oddly enough, the lottery ticket lady at the beginning. Something about her really drew me in quickly. Good work extra actress person.

I didn’t care about the wife dying. I can’t remember her name because she never worked for me. If I were Eddie I would have never wanted her back around anyway. Her excuses for not being able to be a mom were just that excuses and the fact she had already decided to bail again made her death have absolutely no impact for me. 

I like JLH just fine, like the perspective of having a 911 operator, and Maddie works well enough for me but the diner praise-a-thon did not work. Didn’t House do something similar, but it was fake, or am I remembering wrong? Regardless I had a hard time buying that her coworkers set all this up to keep a super special 911 operator. Like someone mentioned above, I imagine such a high stress job involving shift work has a high turnover. Do they do that for everyone that talks of quitting? I have no problem with singing the praises of the often forgotten 911 operators. However this felt like something I would have written in  junior high thinking it was wildly emotional and incredibly moving. My grown up self found it manipulative and overwrought. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ramble said:

My grown up self found it manipulative and overwrought

I don't disagree, but it has become apparant that this is the modus operandi of 9-1-1.  I think the OTT situations are intentionally done.  Maybe I just can't believe that a TV production would be this silly if not intentional.  

Either way, I'll keep tuning in!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Aw, I miss "This is Your Life" - of course, I saw it as a child, and I liked the schmaltz then. 🙂

8 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I'm glad Eddie's wife will no longer be around. Abuelita didn't seem too upset about her death.

I know as a Mom that I find it extremely difficult forgive and forget the ones who've hurt my kids, so I feel Abuelita's response.

• Love 2

I feel bad for Christopher and Eddie, but I am not that sad about his wife dying. I never was that fond of her, and I always thought that she might end up hightailing it again if the going got tough. And we dont really know her that well, so its not something that is super dramatic for me. But I got more invested in seeing that shark from a few weeks ago survive than her, other than for Eddie and Christopher's sake honestly. 

I loved everyone going to Bobby for everything from work advice to how to ask a girl out, while he just calmly reads wedding magazines and dolls out advice. I can see Athena and Bobby being backyard barbecue people. 

That scene with everyone coming to give Maddie a pep talk for so cheesy, it almost seemed taken from a different show, as that was over the top even by 911 standards. Its nice that they got a lot of old actual calls to come back (like the billboard couple and the guy who got Christmas shipped) and I am glad that Maddie is staying at the call center, as I like that aspect of the show a lot, but that was just so ridiculous it strained credibility, even on this show. Not only do I question how much time and effort it took to get all these people together for this elaborate show at some random coffee shop, I wonder how people just waiting in line for a latte or looking for a place to sit feel about all of these theatrics, or if everyone at the call center gets this treatment when they want to leave, or if Maddie is just that special. But I guess Maddie did just have to kill her abusive husband in self defense after he stabbed her new boyfriend and kill some poor rando, so maybe they figured she needed the pick me up. 

I liked the one off saves, with the women hoping to win the lottery and the guy who fell in the chocolate, Augustus Glut style, those were classic 911 hijinks. And Chim being the temporary captain was good, and the last scene between Chim and Hen was really sweet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

But I got more invested in seeing that shark from a few weeks ago survive than her, other than for Eddie and Christopher's sake honestly.

I laughed out loud at this!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just discovered this show and I really did like it.  I'm now on board.  

Granted, I'm new to the characters, but, that wife/mother who felt that she had to go away and get ready to be a mother.....I suppose that it's better for a parent to do that, if they they know they are not good for the child, but, it seemed as if she thought that her needs/wants were the most important thing. It was like, my kid will just have to wait around until I AM ready to parent.  What about the kid's needs?  Why not just get some professional help and get ready?  

How did the head paramedic know that she was dead as soon as they arrived, only her brain hadn't gotten the message yet?  (This is what the female paramedic told him later on when he was doubting his decision.).  

Also, the 911 operator......normally, I like this actress (JLH), but, omg, she sure is needy.  All that obsession about her needing so much validation for her work( she says she needs to be the help not, send the help)......I don't get it. Sounds like a huge ego problem to me.  For most professionals, you do your job with confidence that it's helping people  A once in a while thank you is sufficient.  You don't need all the accolades. 

I just found this show by accident. (This one and The Resident.)  I'll have to catch up online. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How did the head paramedic know that she was dead as soon as they arrived, only her brain hadn't gotten the message yet?  (This is what the female paramedic told him later on when he was doubting his decision.).  

Through past experience Chim thought she had no chance to survive. Even if he was not treating her. Maybe on a battlefield or with mass casualties you do that triage. Here at anytime after lawyer can show up for a Chim in legal danger story.