Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: In For A Shock

Message added by Drogo

If it wasn't discussed on the show, don't discuss it here. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

What was that whole thing about having to be interviewed in the producers car? 

What was she scared of? She was mouthing off to Debbie, telling her that “ the Queen is cooking tomorrow” and stomping upstairs, then suddenly she’s all mousy and scared that “something”will happen. Even the producer sounded skeptical.

I think there were red flags galore with Colt, but Larissa ignored them all. Probably because anyone else she chatted up, passed on a relationship. 

I don’t think Colt lied, I think  she just spun what he said into what she wanted to hear. 

If he wasn’t clear about his living situation with Debbie, she could have asked outright.

if she wasn’t pleased with the arrangements when she arrived, go home, or make the best of it. 

I think he lied, or at best grossly misrepresented the situation.

I think that had Colt been honest he wouldn't have even entertained looking for a new car or a new apartment. 

He would have very, very calmly said "I already told you I have a 10 year old kia with no air conditioning and I live with my mom and I'm not changing either situation until the wheels fall off"

I also think that for the lifestyle Larissa wanted and her disregard for looks she would have picked the suitor with the best situation.  

I'm sure there were a lot of guys interested in Larissa.  Probably a lot of older guys looking for a younger woman above their weight class.  Not rich guys per se, but men who are relatively well off or at least financially stable.  Maybe a retired truck driver or city worker.  

Sadly for her she chose this gaslighting fool.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

///

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Larissa didn’t become hot headed and quick to slap and scratch overnight. My guess is she’s gotten a reputation in her hometown and no decent guy wants to get mixed up with her. She may not have a criminal record so the K1 went through. Getting to the USA is her big chance, she’s  no spring chicken anymore.

IMO, She’s here for herself and herself alone. I don’t think she would make any effort to bring the kids here. And as far as sending money.....maybe a few bucks, but only after she has gotten everything she thinks she’s entitled to. 

Did she claim she was trying to send money back home or something? Sorry, I'm lost 😂

43 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think he lied, or at best grossly misrepresented the situation.

I think that had Colt been honest he wouldn't have even entertained looking for a new car or a new apartment. 

He would have very, very calmly said "I already told you I have a 10 year old kia with no air conditioning and I live with my mom and I'm not changing either situation until the wheels fall off"

I also think that for the lifestyle Larissa wanted and her disregard for looks she would have picked the suitor with the best situation.  

I'm sure there were a lot of guys interested in Larissa.  Probably a lot of older guys looking for a younger woman above their weight class.  Not rich guys per se, but men who are relatively well off or at least financially stable.  Maybe a retired truck driver or city worker.  

Sadly for her she chose this gaslighting fool.

And most like their mothers have died already. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So Larry was essentially saying American food is obviously "better" not that he was just being an ass.  

BS...I wouldn't have even licked it, and that is NOT insinuating that American food is any better. It just looked gross to me. It's not that deep. And Larry does not come off at all as a judgmental person like that anyway.

(edited)

I do wonder if Nicole's parents/family have had a talk with her about reality - the real reality of her situation.  I don't know if they just shrug it off and enable her whims and fantasies.

She is 25 years old, she has a small child - how does she support herself and her child? The TLC money? No interest in looking for a job or facing the responsibility of being a parent.

Her parents need to lay down the law - no Azan or Grenada or Morocco until she finds a job where she can support herself and May and pay some bills and learn to be a functioning adult instead of a petulant child throwing a non-stop tantrum of not getting her favourite toy. Maybe Azan or any other man might find her more attractive if she has something to do.

Don't know if they will cut her off until she does something or just keep up funding her whims. Who cares what she does with Azan if she has a job, pays rent, supports herself and her toddler. Surely someone can put the foot down and say 'no'. The dude doesn't seem to have done much in all this time, doesn't seem to have a job or contributes to Nicole and May's life in any way.  He probably doesn't want to see her again. He has little to offer her, probably can't get out of Morocco, and seems only invested in whatever cash he can get. Surely if he is scamming her, there are better scammees out there. Perhaps he can say that he has little interest in being a daddy to May, little interest in Nicole herself, and cut her off too. End things and let everyone move on to better things. Azan should be trying to move mountains to be with her and he simply does not much. What is the payoff that she gets for her effort. A 'boyfriend' who has made little effort to be one?

Edited by Frozendiva
added a sentence
  • Love 8

Gender reveal parties are so stupid, evidenced by AndRei & Libby (1) equating a daughter with makeup and precocious promiscuity and (2) Andrei already wanting to be in control of her makeup and sexuality.

Why is gender so important and worth putting on a pink or blue wig?

For all they know, their daughter may be very sports-oriented, a talented musician, or very studious.

She's still in the womb and they're already planning to take her lipstick away and hang up on boys if they call.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

In a recent Law & Order show I saw they mentioned that It's a central part of law, dating back to English common law, that a defendant has a right to confront the accuser.

Putting on my lawyer hat long enough to chime in and say that the right to confront your accuser means only that IF someone testifies against you in a criminal trial, there is a right to witness the testimony and cross examine.  Only state/federal govts can charge someone with a crime. There's no private right of action in the criminal arena... and can you imagine what a shitshow it would be if there were?  (-:

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Did she claim she was trying to send money back home or something? Sorry, I'm lost 😂

There has been no mention of kids on the show.  That is from spoiler threads and the internet.

Larissa would've been better off with a US sugar daddy with one foot in the grave.  But she's stuck with Coltee and his wife mother so why not make the best of it.  She allows her temper and need for drama to get out of control and ruins things for herself. 

Suck it up until the green card arrives, girl, and then take off.  I'm sure there are jobs in Vegas that pay a living wage and she can rent her own flat and car with AC.  She is still good looking and likely not stupid. 

But then there's  that damn temper. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Larissa would've been better off with a US sugar daddy with one foot in the grave.  But she's stuck with Coltee and his wife mother so why not make the best of it.  She allows her temper and need for drama to get out of control and ruins things for herself. 

Suck it up until the green card arrives, girl, and then take off.  I'm sure there are jobs in Vegas that pay a living wage and she can rent her own flat and car with AC.  She is still good looking and likely not stupid. 

But then there's  that damn temper. 

I absolutely agree that she would have done better with a sugar daddy who had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

For reference, Anna Nicole Smith apparently didn't have to do much to keep her old sugar daddy happy, and I'm guessing he took a lot of naps.

Also, you get to eat applesauce instead of stew.  Win!

I think Larissa has been trying to do what you suggest.  I think it's why she stopped asking about a car or an apartment.

I wish she could pull it together with her temper, and I don't like violence at all. But boy, as someone who has experience with a gaslighting a-hole, they will just push and push and push so it can be a big challenge.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he had kept trying to turn off the lights while she was showering or he was flickering the lights or something along those lines.  And hot dog, even on my best day I'd find that annoying, especially if it was done over and over.  And on a day where I had to resort to the privacy of a shower to escape Colt and he kept intruding...oh boy, my blood pressure rises just thinking about it.

I think she will work when she can, and I hope it's soon.  She needs her own money, something where she makes tips so she can hide her money from Colt and Debbie.

• Love 7
On 5/6/2019 at 10:34 PM, Happyfatchick said:

Something about Jenny turning up her nose at the trailer park was bugging me all day, but I couldn’t really nail it down till just now.

Remember when Larry made SUCH an ass of himself when he went to see Jenny’s family?  How he gagged and couldn’t swallow the meat that her dad had so lovingly and specially prepared to greet their American guest?  Remember Jenny’s pain and hurt over that meat (wasn’t it pork?) and she said to him that it was expensive and they didn’t have it often - they couldn’t afford it.

and remember when she took him to where they sleep?  All in one space, as I recall.  She indicated a space on the floor and said “this is where I sleep”.   She had little plastic bins with her scant belongings.

thats what bugged me all day.  Seriously, a pop up camper would be an upgrade from her roots, amiright???  She says “in my country, people don’t live in thees trailers”.  Not where she’s coming from they don’t, but I assume they’d sure love to have one.

don't get me wrong:  I don’t personally want to shack up with Larry in that camper.  But I also don’t have to sleep on the floor amid my entire extended family either.   She just seems unhappy.  She seemed unhappy before, she seems unhappy now.  

Different subject:  that date with Coltee and Debbbie... just was the weirdest thing I’ve seen in awhile.   Debbbie packs his lil’ lunch, she waits on him hand and foot, she misses their “one on one” time.  I swear if she put a bib on him and spoon fed him, it would seem relatively normal.   Here’s what I’m guessing - I think Coltee and Debbbie bought that house together.  Neither of them can afford to buy the other out, and neither of them is willing to just give it over. , Debbbie  just never got around to leaving because Larissa seemed a temporary nuisance and D was waiting it out.  That whole situation is as toxic as a sewage treatment facility.

I was definitely thinking she should be used to small spaces. The RV wasn't horrible, it looked newer to me. Plus the fact that Larry is highlighting running water as a perk says something about her former accomodations. Some of these fiancees are still buying into the wealthy American myth. Jenny is already complaining and talking about being bored. Do they think everyone is P Diddy living in mansions and throwing weekly all white day parties?

• Love 3
On 5/6/2019 at 1:33 PM, linthia said:

Everytime Coltee calls Larissa darling, chills go up and down my spine. I am so scared for Larissa. There is something seriously off with that man.

Agree.  He is creepy. Acts more like a robot than a person.  Totally flat affect.  Larissa should get out while she can.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Acts more like a robot than a person.

It must be SO infuriating for her with that hot temper and I think he knows it.  He knows that responding to her outbursts with a calm slow voice  drives her even further up the wall.  It's mental cruelty and he enjoys it if you ask me.

42 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Jenny is already complaining and talking about being bored

She needs to get out and meet the old folk in the RV complex and maybe make friends and maybe even help some of them.  That's what I'd do.  Life is what you make it.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I absolutely agree that she would have done better with a sugar daddy who had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

For reference, Anna Nicole Smith apparently didn't have to do much to keep her old sugar daddy happy, and I'm guessing he took a lot of naps.

Also, you get to eat applesauce instead of stew.  Win!

I think Larissa has been trying to do what you suggest.  I think it's why she stopped asking about a car or an apartment.

I wish she could pull it together with her temper, and I don't like violence at all. But boy, as someone who has experience with a gaslighting a-hole, they will just push and push and push so it can be a big challenge.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he had kept trying to turn off the lights while she was showering or he was flickering the lights or something along those lines.  And hot dog, even on my best day I'd find that annoying, especially if it was done over and over.  And on a day where I had to resort to the privacy of a shower to escape Colt and he kept intruding...oh boy, my blood pressure rises just thinking about it.

I think she will work when she can, and I hope it's soon.  She needs her own money, something where she makes tips so she can hide her money from Colt and Debbie.

There is no question that Colt is a manipulative creep who knows exactly how to poke the bear and does it with glee. I don't see a single sane woman touching him with a 10 foot pole. 

Which is one of the reasons why Larissa is only slightly better. She's not some desperate victim who had to escape abject poverty and then ended up with Colt through no fault of her own. She is/was in that situation with him and his mother, because she lacks good judgement. And she's unstable. Her pedophile accusation is reason enough to place her in that category. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Larissa had trouble keeping any man. Not just a crazy one. But I wish her luck with her new boyfriend. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Made me think of the old show, "My Mother the Car"!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Larissa had trouble keeping any man.

I think that once she gets her green card she may have trouble keeping a job unless she reins in that temper of her.  She needs anger management classes.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think that once she gets her green card she may have trouble keeping a job unless she reins in that temper of her.  She needs anger management classes.

Yes. Anger management und expectations management. She should take a page out of Anfisa's book, who started her journey demanding cars and jewelry and 20k wedding dresses. But then decided to get her driver's license and take classes at community college. She knows how to fend for herself. That could be Larissa. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

There is no question that Colt is a manipulative creep who knows exactly how to poke the bear and does it with glee. I don't see a single sane woman touching him with a 10 foot pole. 

Which is one of the reasons why Larissa is only slightly better. She's not some desperate victim who had to escape abject poverty and then ended up with Colt through no fault of her own. She is/was in that situation with him and his mother, because she lacks good judgement. And she's unstable. Her pedophile accusation is reason enough to place her in that category. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Larissa had trouble keeping any man. Not just a crazy one. But I wish her luck with her new boyfriend. 

I'd be interested to hear from Larissa's ex.  But I'm even more interested in hearing from this alleged ex girlfriends of colt that Debbie swears is a real human woman, and not just some collection of cat hair that colt made out with.

Not sure what her life was in Brazil, but she had a couple of kids and she doesn't seem highly educated so I suspect that she was a poor woman in a poor country who had one thing to trade on.  And that's a pretty desperate position as you enter your thirties and your ONE thing isn't as fresh or desirable as it once was.

I still think, all things considered that Colt painted a far rosier picture to get her here.  Maybe she could have done some sort of background check or insisted on Skyping with Debbie so she could really vette colts story?  In fact, that's maybe where Larissa really could have done better she should have tried to get close to Debbie when she was back in Brazil because Debbie would have told her the truth so she could continue to have baby Colt to herself.

LOL, Larissa's new boyfriend gives me all sorts of famewhore possibly gay vibes.  But whatever, if she can be someones beard, that's cool too.  

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do wonder if Nicole's parents/family have had a talk with her about reality - the real reality of her situation.  I don't know if they just shrug it off and enable her whims and fantasies.

Speaking of reality (a term with which Nicole is OBVIOUSLY unfamiliar).

We were in Granada over Christmas of 2018 on a cruise.  Along with several of the other islands in the area, hurricane damage was vicious there last year.  So take a poverty-stricken community and take away the few amenities they had accumulated.  We saw crowds of people pretty much living on the street, many of whom were panhandling from the cruise ship passengers.  The streets in the town were almost non-existent, houses in the area we saw were empty shells with no water or electricity.  And the walls of the shells were so unstable that they had been abandoned.

The shore excursion we did involved driving about 7 miles up a hill outside of town, where a well-known local chef cooked a wonderful meal, with the help of audience participants.  We were - literally - above the poverty and chaos of the town below.  The hosts did talk about how horrendous the damage from the storms was, including up at their house.  They, fortunately, had the means to repair their damage, and none was evident at their place.

So if Nicole and Azan (and May) end up on a beach, they are not going to have time to grope and make out.  They will be approached constantly by people who are REALLY poor, asking for a handout.  I doubt they're going to get much from Nicole, and Azan is in competition with the locals when it comes to trying to get money from the "rich American."

The one thing Granada has in its favor (in Nicole's mind) is that they will allow Azan in.  Most of the rest of the world has more sense.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

He knows that responding to her outbursts with a calm slow voice  drives her even further up the wall.  It's mental cruelty and he enjoys it if you ask me.

When people lose their shit with me, I also try to respond with a calm voice. Why escalate the situation by matching their outburst? 

I don't like Colt and I agree there is something creepy about him but I do think that it's good that he doesn't yell and scream along with her. 

And depending on where she works, a crash course in appropriate business attire.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

According to Colt, Larissa knew that he was living with Mother and had no issue with it. Granted, everything that comes out of his mouth needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

True but there is a difference between, "Hey I live with my mom." to "BTW - Mom and I have a Norman Bates/Mother relationship and she's not only my bestie but my special girl". 

Alot of non-Americans have multi families living at home.  But I don't see many sons taking their moms out for a margarita date night to cool off because tension is the household due to my wife.  

Damn. Now I want a margarita.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Remember when Larry made SUCH an ass of himself when he went to see Jenny’s family?  How he gagged and couldn’t swallow the meat that her dad had so lovingly and specially prepared to greet their American guest?  Remember Jenny’s pain and hurt over that meat (wasn’t it pork?) and she said to him that it was expensive and they didn’t have it often - they couldn’t afford it.

I thought Larry was Jewish and didn’t eat pork.   Although he handled the situation poorly.  

Is Larry over 55?   Because if he isn’t, he wouldn’t be allowed in a 55 and older park.  Sounds more like some TLC shenanigans.  

If I was Larissa, I wouldn’t want Coltee at my trial.  He’d probably lie about the incident and Larissa would be hauled off to jail.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

I thought Larry was Jewish and didn’t eat pork.   Although he handled the situation poorly.  

There is no indication that Larry is Jewish.  He refused to eat it because it was something he had never had and he did not want to get diarrhea.  As I said, ONE TASTE will not make you sick unless you are deathly allergic.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

True but there is a difference between, "Hey I live with my mom." to "BTW - Mom and I have a Norman Bates/Mother relationship and she's not only my bestie but my special girl". 

Alot of non-Americans have multi families living at home.  But I don't see many sons taking their moms out for a margarita date night to cool off because tension is the household due to my wife.  

Damn. Now I want a margarita.  

I could totally see Coltie calmly telling Larissa, “Mother and I are going out for dinner and drinks, but you are excluded.”  I guess she just sat at the house with Cookie Dough that night.

• Love 2

Elizabeth's mom seemed so normal and accepting of Andrei-even presenting the shirt for Elizabeth to wear with the Mondalvo reference.  Her mom totally stood out to me as she just seemed so different from the rest of the family in terms of interference and comments.

I may be the only one who thought that Debbie was going to grab Colt's hand and walk into the restaurant holding hands.  They are both gaslighting Larissa, but, unfortunately, Larissa feeds right into it and overreacts thus providing hours of entertainment for Norman and Norma Colt and Debbie.  

There are just no words for Nicole.  Azan looked horrified about the trip to Grenada until he realized that he could use the same story for Grenada as he did for South Korea.  Nicole really has a different perspective/world view from others.  Not taking a resume to a job interview?  Thinking that she would be placed into a job without any job skills?  Equating high school presentations (probably power points) with technology skills?  I thought the woman who interviewed her was great as she stated that it would be the uncertainty of how long Nicole would be able to work that would hinder her from getting any jobs instead of Nicole's other issues.  I think that Azan probably has other fish in the ocean.  Unfortunately, I believe that there would be some women who would believe him about just having a working/filming relationship with Nicole for t.v., but really truly did love them and as soon as his visa is approved he will be coming to live with them...

I fast-forwarded all of Russ and Pao.

I tried to watch the third hour, but just couldn't...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd be interested to hear from Larissa's ex.  But I'm even more interested in hearing from this alleged ex girlfriends of colt that Debbie swears is a real human woman, and not just some collection of cat hair that colt made out with.

*snort*  Maybe he dated Brazil Paul's mom/hair clump

I adore that the preview showed the lawyer telling Pedro that since he had his green card, a divorce wouldn't mean deportation and the cable blurb for the next episode says, "Chantel gets bad news about Pedro's green card."  

Free Pedro!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

When people lose their shit with me, I also try to respond with a calm voice. Why escalate the situation by matching their outburst? 

I don't like Colt and I agree there is something creepy about him but I do think that it's good that he doesn't yell and scream along with her. 

And depending on where she works, a crash course in appropriate business attire.

I generally agree that two people screaming generally solves nothing.  But you're a rationale and normal human being who isn't gaslighting and passively aggressively pushing, so I feel like you and Colt are probably on different cruiseliners.

I really think Larissa would do much better in a job that allowed her to be flirty and charming.  I couldn't envision her in a job with a an expectation of business attire, or even a job that requests you don't wear skintight, lowcut and too short clothing.

I'm still thinking she should do the cocktail waitress thing at a casino.  Maybe not even a super high end classy one....like the Orleans or the Flamingo, or one of those time shares that has a casino.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

She is 25 years old, she has a small child - how does she support herself and her child? The TLC money? No interest in looking for a job or facing the responsibility of being a parent.

Her parents need to lay down the law - no Azan or Grenada or Morocco until she finds a job where she can support herself and May and pay some bills and learn to be a functioning adult instead of a petulant child throwing a non-stop tantrum of not getting her favourite toy. Maybe Azan or any other man might find her more attractive if she has something to do.

Don't know if they will cut her off until she does something or just keep up funding her whims. Who cares what she does with Azan if she has a job, pays rent, supports herself and her toddler. Surely someone can put the foot down and say 'no'. The dude doesn't seem to have done much in all this time, doesn't seem to have a job or contributes to Nicole and May's life in any way.  He probably doesn't want to see her again. He has little to offer her, probably can't get out of Morocco, and seems only invested in whatever cash he can get. Surely if he is scamming her, there are better scammees out there. Perhaps he can say that he has little interest in being a daddy to May, little interest in Nicole herself, and cut her off too. End things and let everyone move on to better things. Azan should be trying to move mountains to be with her and he simply does not much. What is the payoff that she gets for her effort. A 'boyfriend' who has made little effort to be one?

It sounds to me like Nicole's family has done this OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER, and now they're just resigned to her attitude.  She is SO stubborn that trying to reason with her is like trying to reason with a brick wall.  She know how to manipulate & uses May to her advantage.  As was mentioned before, she'll send her money off to Azan and then whine to mommy & daddy that she needs money for gas to take May to the doctor or to get to work.  Or she'll threaten to never let them see May.  She's just a manipulative bitch of a manatee.  And that's not fair to manatees.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

There is no indication that Larry is Jewish.  He refused to eat it because it was something he had never had and he did not want to get diarrhea.  As I said, ONE TASTE will not make you sick unless you are deathly allergic.

Larry wouldn't eat the lechon because, like many Americans, he was grossed out by the sight of where food comes from.  The "pork" still had a face, feet, and a tail.  If it had been processed into a McRib, he'd be fine.  Most rational adults can get past this, but Larry was also paranoid about getting sick & wouldn't relent.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's not that he doesn't yell, which is good, it's that he seems to carefully pick the absolute worst thing to say, in his monotone.  Like, she seems upset about this trial (that is only happening because I called the police) I know, I'll go talk to her and announce myself as her wonderful amazing awesome husband, that should go over a treat...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Not taking a resume to a job interview

She said she didn’t have time to prepare one lol.  What with all the texting and face timing Azan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

She said she didn’t have time to prepare one lol.  What with all the texting and face timing Azan.

...and then she probably turned to Production and asked, "what's a resume?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Regarding Nicole:

You've all heard of logical fallacies, right? 

It makes no sense to any of us why Nicole continues to invest in her relationship with Azan (financially, emotionally, physically) when it's obvious this "relationship" is completely one-sided and Azan is making few investments of his own.

It's because Nicole has fallen into what is known as the "sunk cost fallacy," which is:

"When one is making decisions based on the emotional investments they've accumulated, and the more one invests in something, the more difficult it becomes to abandon it."

All that matters here is the emotional investments Nicole has made; that she's not received any return on her investments is immaterial. 

Nicole has been investing in her relationship with Azan for so long, at this point the chances of her extricating herself from it are practically zero - regardless of what Azan does to her.

In my opinion, this will only end if and when Azan ends it, which he'll only do if Nicole's money dries up or he meets someone who can offer him a more lucrative deal.

Very sad, but that's the way I see it.

P.S. I recommend you read the article about the sunk cost fallacy linked to in this post it its entirety. It's fascinating!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I really think Larissa would do much better in a job that allowed her to be flirty and charming.  I couldn't envision her in a job with a an expectation of business attire, or even a job that requests you don't wear skintight, lowcut and too short clothing.

I'm still thinking she should do the cocktail waitress thing at a casino.  Maybe not even a super high end classy one....like the Orleans or the Flamingo, or one of those time shares that has a casino.

I agree that Larissa could do well as a cocktail waitress. I also think that she and Fernanda both would be good makeup artists or aestheticians. Both of them wear much more makeup than my personal taste but they are great at makeup like the sales folks at Sephora or department store makeup counters. Pao should give it a thought too instead of "modelling."

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Regarding Nicole:

You've all heard of logical fallacies, right? 

It makes no sense to any of us why Nicole continues to invest in her relationship with Azan (financially, emotionally, physically) when it's obvious this "relationship" is completely one-sided and Azan is making few investments of his own.

It's because Nicole has fallen into what is known as the "sunk cost fallacy," which is:

"When one is making decisions based on the emotional investments they've accumulated, and the more one invests in something, the more difficult it becomes to abandon it."

All that matters here is the emotional investments Nicole has made; that she's not received any return on her investments is immaterial. 

Nicole has been investing in her relationship with Azan for so long, at this point the chances of her extricating herself from it are practically zero - regardless of what Azan does to her.

In my opinion, this will only end if and when Azan ends it, which he'll only do if Nicole's money dries up or he meets someone who can offer him a more lucrative deal.

Very sad, but that's the way I see it.

P.S. I recommend you read the article about the sunk cost fallacy linked to in this post it its entirety. It's fascinating!

I also think Nicole doesn’t have a lot of opportunities to have sex with a “hot guy,” so she is going to be with him as many times as she can before he cuts loose.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Spike said:

I also think Nicole doesn’t have a lot of opportunities to have sex with a “hot guy,” so she is going to be with him as many times as she can before he cuts loose.

That might be true but she isn’t having sex with Azan.  If she was after sex, believe it or not, she would find it with someone that is “hot”.    Some guys are not that discerning.   

@TwirlyGirly, you hit the nail on the head regarding Nichole and explained it much better than I could.  

• Love 1
On 5/8/2019 at 10:25 AM, Morrissey said:

Which is one of the reasons why Larissa is only slightly better. She's not some desperate victim who had to escape abject poverty and then ended up with Colt through no fault of her own. She is/was in that situation with him and his mother, because she lacks good judgement. And she's unstable. Her pedophile accusation is reason enough to place her

What pedophile accusation? Evidently, I am missing something here.  Can someone fill me in?

22 hours ago, DaphneCat said:
On 5/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, LGGirl said:

There is no indication that Larry is Jewish.  He refused to eat it because it was something he had never had and he did not want to get diarrhea.

I thought they had said he didn't eat MEAT at all and was actually vegan. But he works at a McDonalds. Oh! perhaps he is vegan BECAUSE he works at McDonalds ?

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

What pedophile accusation? Evidently, I am missing something here.  Can someone fill me in?

It wasn't discussed on the show, so I don't believe we can talk about it here.

• Useful 1

Nicole and Azan have had sex a few times and I’m sure she expects it if they go to Grenada.  And I don’t think “hot” guys have standards as low as Nicole unless they are intoxicated beyond belief.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, happy hobo said:

What funky-rat said. Happily Ever After doesn't have its own Larissa and Colt thread, but 90 Day Fiancé does and you'll find more info there. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, happy hobo said:

I thought they had said he didn't eat MEAT at all and was actually vegan. But he works at a McDonalds. Oh! perhaps he is vegan BECAUSE he works at McDonalds ?

I'm only going off his original show since I haven't watched any of the current "What Now", but no, he isn't vegan, he isn't Jewish (at least not observantly), he's just a whiny wuss.  He freaked about the roast pig ONLY because he thought it was gross.  That's why so many of us reacted to his rudeness.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/7/2019 at 1:48 AM, alegtostandon said:

Brother  Chantal yells something,  jumps up and punches the light fixture towards Pedro.  From there,  all you saw were chicken wings & weaves flying through the air. 

Hand to god, when I read this - I thought chicken wings was a reference to Brother Chantels' arms.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2019 at 2:13 PM, Sterling said:

Has he turned out to be yet another one, here for the American's money?

Pardon me...this is known as "harvesting the American dollar."  Please be sure to use 90 Day Approved Mother Chantal Lingo, otherwise we'll all just sound a lot more stupider. 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 5/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, RealReality said:

Debbie with wheels:

fa01e688cd835ae411799b022a55692f.jpg.be49e688ce4e6f4fa155e449a837d29d.jpg

• Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Morrissey said:

What funky-rat said. Happily Ever After doesn't have its own Larissa and Colt thread, but 90 Day Fiancé does and you'll find more info there. 

Well, I sorta looked at that thread but couldn't seem to find anything about it. I guess I'll either just have to keep wondering or perhaps someone can give me closer directions? 

2 hours ago, happy hobo said:

Well, I sorta looked at that thread but couldn't seem to find anything about it. I guess I'll either just have to keep wondering or perhaps someone can give me closer directions? 

Colt & Larissa & Debbie: Me, You, and Bith Phtew.

As of right now, it's the 6th topic from the top on the very first page of the 90 Day Fiancé forum.

Ugh I am watching the scene of Family Chantal at THANKSGIVING and I want to punch the screen.  First, you have friends over and drag out the drama from when YOUR SON WAS AGGRESSIVE FIRST and run down Pedro over and over and OVER.  Then the mom pulls out a stun gun.  At Thanksgiving.  To demonstrate what she will do to PEDRO if things escalate.  I would like Mom are you serious - you are going to stun gun my hubby?  I am outta here.  FOr reals.....I am gone.

• Love 6