Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: In For A Shock

Message added by Drogo

If it wasn't discussed on the show, don't discuss it here. 

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Maybe I missed something, but couldn't Colt have dropped the charges? 

This was arrest #1 we are watching. Colt decided not to press charges but the state decided they wanted to. It is out of his control. We are not watching the trial that is coming up in June, that is for arrest #3. Colt declined t press charges on arrest #2. It was not till arrest #3 that he went along with the state to press charges. Larissa did not show up for court on any of the her dates for arrest 1 2 or 3. If she does not show up in June, the judge said he will issue a warrant. 

51 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I'm feeling like Andrei's inability to get a job is being influenced heavily by Libby.  He trained as a truck driver.  But it's really difficult to get the cushy, local, home by 5 driving jobs.  The long haul, gone for a few weeks, home for 2 days jobs are easier to get, but do you think Libby would ever let that happen?  The dude was a bouncer in Ireland.  He seems fine with jobs instead of a career.  I just don't think he's being lazy.

I wondered why he is not driving for uber or amazon or door dash ? Mohammad got his trucking license and then after a short time over the road (the long trips), he started driving uber. In 2019 there are many ways to make a little extra money, with all these part time app jobs, no excuses not to make $50 driving something. I wonder if they do not want him to work so she can get free maternity care (it is called baby your baby in my state and if you have a low income you get free maternity). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I wondered why he is not driving for uber or amazon or door dash ? Mohammad got his trucking license and then after a short time over the road (the long trips), he started driving uber. In 2019 there are many ways to make a little extra money, with all these part time app jobs, no excuses not to make $50 driving something. I wonder if they do not want him to work so she can get free maternity care (it is called baby your baby in my state and if you have a low income you get free maternity). 

It's mysterious to me but tonight I noticed Libby said that Andrei was not working "full time" - which sort of implied that he did work part-time? It's hard to believe he can't find something. 

Of the entire coven, Becky is the worst. She was shocked! to not be "invited" to the ultrasound. I can only imagine how they're all going to cluck and hover around the delivery room waiting room.

Re: Family Chantel - I absolutely, positively cannot stand Mama Chantel and her pursed up little face. I hate to break it to you Mama Chantel, but was wonderful as an American passport is, it does not entitle you to walk into any place "on the planet Earth" - you pretentious windbag.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

I'm feeling like Andrei's inability to get a job is being influenced heavily by Libby.  He trained as a truck driver.  But it's really difficult to get the cushy, local, home by 5 driving jobs.  The long haul, gone for a few weeks, home for 2 days jobs are easier to get, but do you think Libby would ever let that happen?  The dude was a bouncer in Ireland.  He seems fine with jobs instead of a career.  I just don't think he's being lazy.

And I really hate the coven.  Even if the argument is valid that someone is helping you financially so they're allowed to be all up in your life, Libby's DAD is helping not the Harpy.

I think Andrei was nothing but gracious and friendly at the shower.  

P.S. I did go to my Dad's colonoscopy, but only because he needed a ride home since he'd be loopy.  :)  I was not in the room.

Do we know for sure that he attended and finished the training? In this episode, the father said something like "First he was going to be a truck driver," and then something about that never happening. I would think that if Libby didn't want him on the road, he'd say something like, "Well, what do you want? We spent all this money on school for me and now you say you don't want me to get a job doing that?" I'm confused. He wears the pants and his word is law but she gets to dictate whether or not he takes a job? I wasn't fully paying close attention so maybe I missed a conversation or two. I FF past some of the couples and sometimes jump a little too far ahead and get lazy so I don't go back. In any case, if that happened, there's no excuse for him not to be working more than part time. He should have taken any job, or two part time jobs. 

Not snapping at you, @Kangatush. I haven't followed this couple on social media so I have no clue what is up with them. The scene in the car where Andrei snatches the phone and barks an order at her tells me that he's still quite the charmer.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Poor Jenny, stuck in the mobile home park with the seniors. Who will probably look down their noses at her and be mean. I'm sad for her. She and Larry aren't love's young dream but I think they have a chance. She does not have unreasonable expectations and Larry's nice enough, and clearly he adores her. Life could be worse.

Danielle. Ugh. She is appalling.

Something about Jenny turning up her nose at the trailer park was bugging me all day, but I couldn’t really nail it down till just now.

Remember when Larry made SUCH an ass of himself when he went to see Jenny’s family?  How he gagged and couldn’t swallow the meat that her dad had so lovingly and specially prepared to greet their American guest?  Remember Jenny’s pain and hurt over that meat (wasn’t it pork?) and she said to him that it was expensive and they didn’t have it often - they couldn’t afford it.

and remember when she took him to where they sleep?  All in one space, as I recall.  She indicated a space on the floor and said “this is where I sleep”.   She had little plastic bins with her scant belongings.

thats what bugged me all day.  Seriously, a pop up camper would be an upgrade from her roots, amiright???  She says “in my country, people don’t live in thees trailers”.  Not where she’s coming from they don’t, but I assume they’d sure love to have one.

don't get me wrong:  I don’t personally want to shack up with Larry in that camper.  But I also don’t have to sleep on the floor amid my entire extended family either.   She just seems unhappy.  She seemed unhappy before, she seems unhappy now.  

Different subject:  that date with Coltee and Debbbie... just was the weirdest thing I’ve seen in awhile.   Debbbie packs his lil’ lunch, she waits on him hand and foot, she misses their “one on one” time.  I swear if she put a bib on him and spoon fed him, it would seem relatively normal.   Here’s what I’m guessing - I think Coltee and Debbbie bought that house together.  Neither of them can afford to buy the other out, and neither of them is willing to just give it over. , Debbbie  just never got around to leaving because Larissa seemed a temporary nuisance and D was waiting it out.  That whole situation is as toxic as a sewage treatment facility.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Not snapping at you, @Kangatush. I haven't followed this couple on social media so I have no clue what is up with them. The scene in the car where Andrei snatches the phone and barks an order at her tells me that he's still quite the charmer.

No worries.  I haven't followed them either.  I just don't feel he's as super controlling as a lot of people seem to think.  He's not perfect, none of them are, but to me he's no abuser, like Steven is.  I've seen him be opinionated, but never belittling.  The car fight looks bad, but we haven't seen it fully yet to show the circumstances.  And as someone else said, he doesn't have a full time job, doesn't mean he's not working at all.  I just tend to give him a bit more credit than others do, but again, not saying he's totally without faults.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Do we know for sure that he attended and finished the training? In this episode, the father said something like "First he was going to be a truck driver," and then something about that never happening. I would think that if Libby didn't want him on the road, he'd say something like, "Well, what do you want? We spent all this money on school for me and now you say you don't want me to get a job doing that?" I'm confused. He wears the pants and his word is law but she gets to dictate whether or not he takes a job? I wasn't fully paying close attention so maybe I missed a conversation or two. I FF past some of the couples and sometimes jump a little too far ahead and get lazy so I don't go back. In any case, if that happened, there's no excuse for him not to be working more than part time. He should have taken any job, or two part time jobs. 

In the episode before this one, Libby said he finished training and got the license but didn’t have a job.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

What is Latinx? I have never seen it spelled that way

Latinx is the gender neutral, non-binary spelling, otherwise it's Latino or Latina. but Latinx is all inclusive, without having to specify feminine or masculine. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

Boy that’s one sad little patio Coltie and Debbie have.  And it has a hose to water the rocks?  Maybe they make Larissa drink from it.  It sounded like they are right next to a highway as well, you could hear cars whizzing by.

How do Larry and Jenny get to just crash a 55-and-over trailer park?  Wouldn’t the other residents object?  

It’s unfortunate that the coven and Libby all inherited daddy’s face.

Winter is “fed” up.  Insert punchline.  I would think her pretentious family would disapprove of her rough around the edges beau. 

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I do adore how Sharp entertainment is the gift that keeps on giving.  Not only are they giving us a new batch of international losers with 90 Day The Other Way, but they're also giving us Life After Lockup, staring our favorite felonious idiots.  

Hopefully this bounty will keep me strong as I do my best to not watch The Family Chantel.  Obviously I'll read all the details here, but I really don't want to give them the ratings that will keep them on air.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Winter is “fed” up.  Insert punchline.  I would think her pretentious family would disapprove of her rough around the edges beau. 

Frankly, I just think they're thrilled that Winter managed to snag an American man.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Maybe I missed something, but couldn't Colt have dropped the charges? 

As I understand it, the state brings criminal charges, so they can, ostensibly bring charges without a "victims" permission.  However, I think it makes a case a lot harder to prove.  And therefore many jurisdictions are unlikely to pursue those cases where the complaint won't be helpful.

Unless I see receipts, I don't believe anything Colt says about having nothing to do with Larissa's charges.  He may have overplayed his hand, but he knows what he is about.  Colt is very good at setting up situations where he can be a victim.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Tatortot said:

I have to wonder how much money Azan has received from Nicole so far?    We know he has the $6000 plus he gets a couple hundred dollars a month.   Now she is paying for a vacation for him.   I wonder how long he can scam her?    He is having the time of his life at her expense!!!!    He has no reason to work 

I don't have the most amazing job in the world ....but I promise you it's better than dealing with Nicole 24 hours a day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Spike said:

The Family Chantal doesn't even know Winter is in the room. Pedro would have been welcomed with open arms if it was Winter that had brought him home instead of their precious Chantal.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kangatush said:

P.S. I did go to my Dad's colonoscopy, but only because he needed a ride home since he'd be loopy. 🙂  I was not in the room.

Were you properly "invited" though? You know how important these family affairs are! 🙂

8 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

thats what bugged me all day.  Seriously, a pop up camper would be an upgrade from her roots, amiright???  She says “in my country, people don’t live in thees trailers”.  Not where she’s coming from they don’t, but I assume they’d sure love to have one.

don't get me wrong:  I don’t personally want to shack up with Larry in that camper.  But I also don’t have to sleep on the floor amid my entire extended family either.   She just seems unhappy.  She seemed unhappy before, she seems unhappy now.  

I felt for her. She may have been living in less than salubrious conditions, but it was her home. Her family, and everything she knows, is there. I personally don't think that everyone who comes here from a poor country needs to continually express their gratitude. They're sure to miss their home, poor as it is.  

@TwirlyGirly, BRAVA! I agree with every word of your post. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 9

Why is Larissa so deathly afraid of being deported?  She has children back home in her own country (Mexico?) so why would that be so dreadful.  And it's not like Coltee is any prize, especially with this weird relationship he has with his own mother. Her living conditions seem like pure hell to me.  

• Love 1

As I understand it, the state brings criminal charges, so they can, ostensibly bring charges without a "victims" permission.  However, I think it makes a case a lot harder to prove. 

I don't think it's even the victim's permission - but you usually need the victim's testimony to prove a crime was committed. If they aren't willing to testify, there's often no case. Colt didn't seem to be have been subpoenaed so I'm not sure how it was that the prosecutors were going forward.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why is Larissa so deathly afraid of being deported?  She has children back home in her own country (Mexico?) so why would that be so dreadful.  And it's not like Coltee is any prize, especially with this weird relationship he has with his own mother. Her living conditions seem like pure hell to me.  

Hold on. Larissa has children? Her own children? Did she leave them with her family? To come to America and be with Colt the Cat Lady and Mother! ? What the hell is wrong with her?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Latinx is the gender neutral, non-binary spelling, otherwise it's Latino or Latina. but Latinx is all inclusive, without having to specify feminine or masculine. 

Thanks for responding. I honestly thought it was some form of ancient spelling and googled.  Ended up on You Tube. 🙈🙉🙊

¡Qué locura!

CBFE90F2-5D63-44C9-AF7C-EA517A83EE0B.jpeg

• LOL 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think it's even the victim's permission - but you usually need the victim's testimony to prove a crime was committed. If they aren't willing to testify, there's often no case. Colt didn't seem to be have been subpoenaed so I'm not sure how it was that the prosecutors were going forward.

I think some states including Nevada allow the People to pursue domestic violence charges regardless of the victim’s wishes.

Regarding forcing a victim to testify, I don’t think they can do that.   Imagine the uproar if they tried to force a rape victim to testify against their will.  And maybe this is junk tv law, but isn’t there a marital privilege where you can’t force someone to testify against their spouse in a criminal case?  

I think the state can prosecute without the victim if there are witnesses to the abuse.  

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Hold on. Larissa has children? Her own children? Did she leave them with her family? To come to America and be with Colt the Cat Lady and Mother! ? What the hell is wrong with her?

Well, she obviously must be some terrible, horrible, money grubbing whore of a Jezebel selfish bitch to come to America and live the high life with sexy  tycoon playboy Colt while she abandons her children to the mean streets of somewhere in Brazil...right?? 🙄

Or maybe the fact that someone as physically appealing as Larissa is willing to live with and put up with a revolting schlub like Colt and his nasty clan shows how desperate she is to find any kind of a better life for herself and her kids.

I am not an expert on Brazil, but the country has a high poverty rate (See Karinee) it’s also a very conservative culture, so it’s very easy for women to fall from grace for even a small misstep. 

Larissa’s not be all that likable, but her willingness to put up with an almost intolerable living situation and her fear of deportation should speak to how desperate her situation in Brazil must be and not what is wrong with her.  A little milk of human kindness and understanding goes a long way. 

Besides, there is plenty of other shit Larissa does  demonstrates her crazy perfectly well. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I felt for her. She may have been living in less than salubrious conditions, but it was her home. Her family, and everything she knows, is there. I personally don't think that everyone who comes here from a poor country needs to continually express their gratitude. They're sure to miss their home, poor as it is.  

Maybe it was her way of saying that this is very different from anything she has seen.  She was not saying it was inferior but also was not saying it was necessarily better.  She probably feels like her culture is not being seen as equally valuable but as "inferior" in terms of American standards.

I really think she, and her family were very hurt (and likely very insulted) when Larry refused to even TASTE the lechon. Unless you are DEATHLY allergic to something - and Larry did not say he was deathly allergic to pork - ONE TASTE is not going to cause you to get sick.  He did the toddler thing of sticking out his tongue and pretending to taste it and then refused to eat it.  So Larry was essentially saying American food is obviously "better" not that he was just being an ass.  

And in a marriage, shouldn't she be able to feel like she is equal to Larry - a person who should be valued in her own right - not some poor thing who needs to be grateful she was "rescued"?

• Love 9
(edited)

I could barely watch this collection of thoroughly unlikable people.

"My bano is your bano."  Really?  So before he had to go to the bathroom in the backyard?  And what is it with this woman constantly sticking spanish words into english sentences, to make it look like she's speaking spanish? Just stop!

Russ' family doesn't like Pao because of cultural differences, it's because she's a phony narcisistic bitch.  Even her pregnancy was all about her, not her baby.  Russ continues to be her lapdog, he's pathetic.

Nicole now leeches off her sister, no surprise.

Colt is a dolt.  "After I testify against you in court tomorrow, honey, want to get some dinner?"

Andrei just get a job, any job.  The economy's good.  Wait tables.  Do "something".

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9

Regarding forcing a victim to testify, I don’t think they can do that. 

Right - I wasn't trying to say that we should be able to force people to testify - only saying that it's often difficult or impossible to win a case without the victim's testimony in the absence of other witnesses/evidence.

Hold on. Larissa has children? Her own children? Did she leave them with her family? To come to America and be with Colt the Cat Lady and Mother! ? What the hell is wrong with her?

At least one of her children was adopted by a relative because she could not afford to raise him/her. I don't fault her for that.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Right - I wasn't trying to say that we should be able to force people to testify - only saying that it's often difficult or impossible to win a case without the victim's testimony in the absence of other witnesses/evidence.

At least one of her children was adopted by a relative because she could not afford to raise him/her. I don't fault her for that.

But I do fault her for picking Colt. If you want a stable life for yourself and your kids, you don't try your luck with someone as messed up as Colt. I haven't watched their season, but I'm having a hard time believing that there weren't glaring red flags before she decided to get on a plane. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Because those things are only good as a side gig, and are a lot more hassle than they are worth, for the most part.  I know several people who drive for Uber and Lyft (and some do both).  It's only good if you live in a larger city, and have other income coming in.  You have a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle, and you're a 1099 employee, so all the taxes and whatnot are on you, and not deducted from your wages.  The ones I know who make some halfway decent money do so mostly on weekends, late into the night, ushering drunks home from bars/parties.  You have to deal with them puking, acting nuts, etc.  And rideshare people rely on tips and reviews.  It's a crapshoot if you'll get good of either from drunks.  Too many bad reviews, and they take away your ability to drive for them.  The one friend I had who did this (who is deceased now), had people give him bad reviews because he wouldn't let someone hook a thumb drive up to his car, he asked one to get out because they were going to puke (he didn't leave them there - he just pulled over and asked them to get out to puke), one that said it was 2 adults and a child to ride but when he showed up it was 4 adults and 3 kids with no car seats - he refused to take them because they wouldn't all fit in his car and car seats were required by law.  There were more, but those are the ones I recall.  He got tired of having to fight the feedback ratings.  The one with the car seats out and out lied.  He took a photo of them before he left because he knew it would happen.  He'd make more money flipping burgers.

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

But I do fault her for picking Colt. If you want a stable life for yourself and your kids, you don't try your luck with someone as messed up as Colt. I haven't watched their season, but I'm having a hard time believing that there weren't glaring red flags before she decided to get on a plane. 

I've said this before, and this is my issue with this.  You have one kid that you didn't plan, fine.  It happens.  And I gave her a pass on her saying the father was crazy, etc.  The father's sister adopted the child - I had a bit of "huh" with that, because I'd be afraid the crazy abusive father would get a hold of the kid, but she says the sister is stable, so OK.  But then she had a 2nd kid with someone else she didn't stay with.  I will start to give side eye at this point.  It's not a mystery how babies are made.  Birth control is available in Brazil.  That kid lives with Larissa's dad.  There are strong rumors she has a 3rd kid, and if that's the case, she gets some judgement from me.  She's consistently picking bad men (I have a feeling because they have $$$, as that's what seems to drive her).  I believe she had several fish on hooks, and Coltee was the first one she reeled in, so she went with it.  She has said that she "planned" on bringing the kid who lives with her dad over here "eventually".  I'm not so sure on that front.  I get the feeling she's more like Leida where the kids are concerned, in that she leaves the raising to someone else.

Go home to your kids, Larissa.  You're nuts, and we have enough nuts here already.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Because those things are only good as a side gig, and are a lot more hassle than they are worth, for the most part.  I know several people who drive for Uber and Lyft (and some do both).  It's only good if you live in a larger city, and have other income coming in.  You have a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle, and you're a 1099 employee, so all the taxes and whatnot are on you, and not deducted from your wages.  The ones I know who make some halfway decent money do so mostly on weekends, late into the night, ushering drunks home from bars/parties.  You have to deal with them puking, acting nuts, etc.  And rideshare people rely on tips and reviews.  It's a crapshoot if you'll get good of either from drunks.  Too many bad reviews, and they take away your ability to drive for them.  The one friend I had who did this (who is deceased now), had people give him bad reviews because he wouldn't let someone hook a thumb drive up to his car, he asked one to get out because they were going to puke (he didn't leave them there - he just pulled over and asked them to get out to puke), one that said it was 2 adults and a child to ride but when he showed up it was 4 adults and 3 kids with no car seats - he refused to take them because they wouldn't all fit in his car and car seats were required by law.  There were more, but those are the ones I recall.  He got tired of having to fight the feedback ratings.  The one with the car seats out and out lied.  He took a photo of them before he left because he knew it would happen.  He'd make more money flipping burgers.

I've said this before, and this is my issue with this.  You have one kid that you didn't plan, fine.  It happens.  And I gave her a pass on her saying the father was crazy, etc.  The father's sister adopted the child - I had a bit of "huh" with that, because I'd be afraid the crazy abusive father would get a hold of the kid, but she says the sister is stable, so OK.  But then she had a 2nd kid with someone else she didn't stay with.  I will start to give side eye at this point.  It's not a mystery how babies are made.  Birth control is available in Brazil.  That kid lives with Larissa's dad.  There are strong rumors she has a 3rd kid, and if that's the case, she gets some judgement from me.  She's consistently picking bad men (I have a feeling because they have $$$, as that's what seems to drive her).  I believe she had several fish on hooks, and Coltee was the first one she reeled in, so she went with it.  She has said that she "planned" on bringing the kid who lives with her dad over here "eventually".  I'm not so sure on that front.  I get the feeling she's more like Leida where the kids are concerned, in that she leaves the raising to someone else.

Go home to your kids, Larissa.  You're nuts, and we have enough nuts here already.

LOL reminds me of the Jack Nicholson quote in one of this movies.  "Don't bring crazy here we're all filled up"!!!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wasn't trying to say that we should be able to force people to testify - only saying that it's often difficult or impossible to win a case without the victim's testimony in the absence of other witnesses/evidence.

In a recent Law & Order show I saw they mentioned that It's a central part of law, dating back to English common law, that a defendant has a right to confront the accuser.

3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe it was her way of saying that this is very different from anything she has seen.  She was not saying it was inferior but also was not saying it was necessarily better.  She probably feels like her culture is not being seen as equally valuable but as "inferior" in terms of American standards.

I really think she, and her family were very hurt (and likely very insulted) when Larry refused to even TASTE the lechon. Unless you are DEATHLY allergic to something - and Larry did not say he was deathly allergic to pork - ONE TASTE is not going to cause you to get sick.  He did the toddler thing of sticking out his tongue and pretending to taste it and then refused to eat it.  So Larry was essentially saying American food is obviously "better" not that he was just being an ass.  

And in a marriage, shouldn't she be able to feel like she is equal to Larry - a person who should be valued in her own right - not some poor thing who needs to be grateful she was "rescued"?

That whole scene was ridiculous. If it was a luau in Hawaii, Larry probably would have been first in line for the roast pig. Lechon is the same thing, and it ain't cheap. On one of Andrew Bordain's shows, he said lechon was the best pork he had ever had.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

She is from Brazil, and I think it's pretty rough over there economically, so she wanted to come here. I think I have less of an issue with this since both of my parents immigrated here for economic opportunity.

If she can hold out and stay, she can probably land a decent job as a casino waitress.  I think she is pretty but even if she isn't, she has the flirty attitude and the exotic looks that men like.  I bet she could make a killing, and send that money back home to help her kids live a more comfortable life than she could offer them in Brazil.

The fact that she puts up with Colt and has actually had sex with him tells me that she must really love America or that her situation in Brazil is just awful.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I think Colt is manipulative and knew exactly what he was about.  He travelled to meet her, told her he was a software engineer and that she could have all these things if she just moved to the Us with him.

I think he said and promised a bunch of stuff to get her to let go of the other fish she was working.  

Once she dropped all the other guys, she was in a bad situation even if she saw red flags.  I think you probably have to work these guys for months, there aren't any unlimited supply.

I think that had she gotten wind of the ugly truth of colt and his living situation she would have just worked the other men and kept Colt on the back burner. 

It's not like she is so picky about looks or having a physically attractive man.  If age and looks are open she could have probably hooked an older guy who didn't have any kids in the house.  

And once she was here on the K1 visa, that's it.  I can't think they are just handing out K1 visas for frequent flyers.  So if she didn't marry Colt, she would be stuck.

And I think she has done the same calculation, which is why she stopped asking about the car, the apartment and even a wedding dress.  Colt has all the power and she is just doing her best to get through it.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9

How refreshing! Single mother Nicole is admitting that she's having a hard time making ends meet, so she's looking for a job to bring in more income!

Awesome!

Wait, what?

She's actually planning to use that money -- money she needs for her freaking minor daughter -- to drag her reluctant "fiance" on vacation to Grenada?

I just can't even. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think Colt is manipulative and knew exactly what he was about.  He travelled to meet her, told her he was a software engineer and that she could have all these things if she just moved to the Us with him.

I think he said and promised a bunch of stuff to get her to let go of the other fish she was working.  

Once she dropped all the other guys, she was in a bad situation even if she saw red flags.  I think you probably have to work these guys for months, there aren't any unlimited supply. 

She thought she got a single, guy with a good job who made her a bunch of promises.  How long would it take her to build up another collection of single American men?  

And once she was here on the K1 visa, that's it.  I can't think they are just hanging those out for frequent flyers.  So if she didn't marry Colt, she would be stuck.

And I think she has done the same calculation, which is why she stopped asking about the car, the apartment and even a wedding dress.  Colt has all the power and she is just doing her best to get through it.

I'm assuming that you've watched their season. Did she know about Colt living with Mother prior to coming to the US?

1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

In a recent Law & Order show I saw they mentioned that It's a central part of law, dating back to English common law, that a defendant has a right to confront the accuser.

Which is why "the state" will pursue charges when a victim won't.  The person isn't the accuser, the state is.  It's fairly common in issues of domestic violence.  A lot of victims are too terrified/brainwashed to speak out against their abuser.  So the police and DA rely on pictures, witness statements, hospital records, etc. to build a case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I'm assuming that you've watched their season. Did she know about Colt living with Mother prior to coming to the US?

I think the line was that he "took care of his mother" and I think she must have, at some point, know that Colt lived with Debbie because she wasn't shocked that Debbie was making that stew.

However, "I take care of my mom" could mean purely financial support, which my dad did for his mother for years. 

And given their apartment search, I think Colt told Larissa that once she was in the US they would get their own place.  If he hadn't said it, I think he would have been quick to point out that he never gave the impression that they were moving away from debbie and wouldn't have entertained even seeing apartments.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Which is why "the state" will pursue charges when a victim won't.  The person isn't the accuser, the state is.  It's fairly common in issues of domestic violence.  A lot of victims are too terrified/brainwashed to speak out against their abuser.  So the police and DA rely on pictures, witness statements, hospital records, etc. to build a case.

While this is something the state can do, it's not very common.  Also, while I'm far removed from evidence and constitutional criminal procedure -- there are limitations to introducing documents.  Particularly where you have a person that can testify to the same information.  

You can't just say that you're using hospital records or police reports about what someone said at the time because it's hearsay.  Even getting someone else on the stand to say what a victim told you happened is hearsay.  So basically you can say that this person had an injury consistent with getting beaten, and you can say they called the cops.  If someone witnessed the beating they can testify to what they saw, but how many people are doing this in front of an audience?  And someone like Debbie comes with built in bias.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

How refreshing! Single mother Nicole is admitting that she's having a hard time making ends meet, so she's looking for a job to bring in more income!

Awesome!

Wait, what?

She's actually planning to use that money -- money she needs for her freaking minor daughter -- to drag her reluctant "fiance" on vacation to Grenada?

I just can't even. 

So they can lay on the beach and grope each other.  With May next to them.  I mean......help us.

Wait wait wait:  "Nicole, it is easier for me to book the tickets.  Send me the money and I will book them."

Two weeks later:  "Nicole, there was a problem with the booking, turns out I paid the money and now it can't be refunded, I guess the money is gone."

Nicole:  "Wow that is too bad, I guess we I have to save for another vacation!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Gobi said:

After the two hour Happily Ever After?, a one hour What Now? episode is shown. My cable service lists them as one three hour episode. What Now has Danielle, Fernanda, Jenny, and so on.

Thanks  -- DirecTV does it that way too. I've seen the What Now? show, I just haven't seen some of these events people are referring to . . . confusing.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So they can lay on the beach and grope each other.  With May next to them.  I mean......help us.

Wait wait wait:  "Nicole, it is easier for me to book the tickets.  Send me the money and I will book them."

Two weeks later:  "Nicole, there was a problem with the booking, turns out I paid the money and now it can't be refunded, I guess the money is gone."

Nicole:  "Wow that is too bad, I guess we I have to save for another vacation!"

“My finger slipped on the app and somehow ordered all this gay porn instead.”

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ChiMama said:

Thanks  -- DirecTV does it that way too. I've seen the What Now? show, I just haven't seen some of these events people are referring to . . . confusing.

All the What Nows are available on demand.  So some people have watched them all rather than in the weekly dribs and drabs.  And on demand they are grouped by couple so you watch all the clips related to that couple consecutively.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't know about the kid situation, but when you're deported there's the chance that you will barred permanently (not just a few years) so you couldn't even go as a tourist. I'm sure most would prefer not to be deported officially, but to leave on their own instead. 

That would suck pretty hard. USA is such a huge place to never be able to return to any part of it. If someone told me I could never go back to Italy or France (for example) I damn sure would fight that decision for as long as I could, because of the way my love for wine, pasta and cheese is set up 🤣

But then again, I hope I wouldn't have several arrests and charges, especially knowing I wasn't a citizen - it's not like Larissa just had one arrest, I think she had 3 or 4 from the time she was with Colt.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Well, she obviously must be some terrible, horrible, money grubbing whore of a Jezebel selfish bitch to come to America and live the high life with sexy  tycoon playboy Colt while she abandons her children to the mean streets of somewhere in Brazil...right?? 🙄

Or maybe the fact that someone as physically appealing as Larissa is willing to live with and put up with a revolting schlub like Colt and his nasty clan shows how desperate she is to find any kind of a better life for herself and her kids.

I am not an expert on Brazil, but the country has a high poverty rate (See Karinee) it’s also a very conservative culture, so it’s very easy for women to fall from grace for even a small misstep. 

Larissa’s not be all that likable, but her willingness to put up with an almost intolerable living situation and her fear of deportation should speak to how desperate her situation in Brazil must be and not what is wrong with her.  A little milk of human kindness and understanding goes a long way. 

Besides, there is plenty of other shit Larissa does  demonstrates her crazy perfectly well. 😉

About Larissa and her children; how do we know for sure the sexual relationships that led to them were consensual?

She may have been raped.

In Brazil, abortion is outlawed. There are NO exceptions for rape, for fetal anomalies, or for the life of the mother.

You get pregnant in Brazil, regardless of how that happened, you have the child - even if you can't afford to care for it properly.

Edited to add: 

I found another source which says this:

"Abortion is illegal in Brazil except for the case of rape, when the mother's life is in danger or in cases of fetuses with anencephaly which was recently adapted in 2012"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_rights_in_Brazil

Apparently my original source was wrong on the availability of abortion. I apologize!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Correction of erroneous information
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, lilsadone said:

I don't know about the kid situation, but when you're deported there's the chance that you will barred permanently (not just a few years) so you couldn't even go as a tourist. I'm sure most would prefer not to be deported officially, but to leave on their own instead. 

That would suck pretty hard. USA is such a huge place to never be able to return to any part of it. If someone told me I could never go back to Italy or France (for example) I damn sure would fight that decision for as long as I could, because of the way my love for wine, pasta and cheese is set up 🤣

But then again, I hope I wouldn't have several arrests and charges, especially knowing I wasn't a citizen - it's not like Larissa just had one arrest, I think she had 3 or 4 from the time she was with Colt.

Larissa didn’t become hot headed and quick to slap and scratch overnight. My guess is she’s gotten a reputation in her hometown and no decent guy wants to get mixed up with her. She may not have a criminal record so the K1 went through. Getting to the USA is her big chance, she’s  no spring chicken anymore.

IMO, She’s here for herself and herself alone. I don’t think she would make any effort to bring the kids here. And as far as sending money.....maybe a few bucks, but only after she has gotten everything she thinks she’s entitled to. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Putting an irritating jackass like Coltie with a hothead like Larissa is a recipe for mayhem.

What was that whole thing about having to be interviewed in the producers car? 

What was she scared of? She was mouthing off to Debbie, telling her that “ the Queen is cooking tomorrow” and stomping upstairs, then suddenly she’s all mousy and scared that “something”will happen. Even the producer sounded skeptical.

I think there were red flags galore with Colt, but Larissa ignored them all. Probably because anyone else she chatted up, passed on a relationship. 

I don’t think Colt lied, I think  she just spun what he said into what she wanted to hear. 

If he wasn’t clear about his living situation with Debbie, she could have asked outright.

if she wasn’t pleased with the arrangements when she arrived, go home, or make the best of it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Larissa didn’t become hot headed and quick to slap and scratch overnight. My guess is she’s gotten a reputation in her hometown and no decent guy wants to get mixed up with her. She may not have a criminal record so the K1 went through. Getting to the USA is her big chance, she’s  no spring chicken anymore.

IMO, She’s here for herself and herself alone. I don’t think she would make any effort to bring the kids here. And as far as sending money.....maybe a few bucks, but only after she has gotten everything she thinks she’s entitled to. 

I sometimes question the "quick" part of her response.  I don't go for violence, at all, but if someone was constantly passive aggressively taunting, gaslighting and playing victim I'd probably lose my temper.  It wouldn't end in violence, but he is that guy who likes pushing and pushing and then playing victim.  

• Love 9