Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Cubicall, Doughp, Saucemoto, Deskview

• Start Topic

May 5, 2019

A modern phone booth design; an unconventional dessert concept; a device helps take condiments on the go; a portable office furniture design; an update on Cup Board Pro, a two-sided bamboo cutting board.

• Love 1
(edited)

Great update for the Cup Board Pro, and I hope Williams-Sonoma has a huge inventory of these, because I'm betting there will be many thousands of orders right after this airs.    I love that they cut the weight by so much, and have eliminated the need to oil it frequently. 

The Cubicall will be a big seller when they get the price down.   I bet call centers will snap these up.    Barbara is the perfect partner for them.

The DoughP has passed it's expiration date, and I wasn't surprised they didn't get an offer.

The Sauce Moto is so hysterically funny.    Kevin is going to be a good partner for them, and I'm hoping they sell millions of them before the knock offs appear.

Deskview is such a useful product for business.    I disagree that it's principle market is for home use.   I might buy one of the stand up desks for at home, but I'm not going to stand in the window, and stick this on it to work in my home.     My neighbors think I'm crazy already, so that would definitely make them convinced that I'm bonkers.     Also, my windows at home have dividers, so the shelf wouldn't work there.   I think Barbara was wrong to pass on this one, and I think Kevin will make a bundle from this.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I thought the desk view looked like a plant shelf. It seemed gracious to call it a desk.

i wish someone would have discussed raw flour (?) in the cookie dough & how she got around that. I did like Mark's explanation of obesity being an issue. Wonder how long that reason will last. Kelsey was a great presenter, tho.

I don't care for ketchup on my fries, but that moto thing may take off. It looked a bit fragile. I think 25% was kinda high.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, rhys said:

I thought the desk view looked like a plant shelf. It seemed gracious to call it a desk.

i wish someone would have discussed raw flour (?) in the cookie dough & how she got around that. I did like Mark's explanation of obesity being an issue. Wonder how long that reason will last. Kelsey was a great presenter, tho.

I don't care for ketchup on my fries, but that moto thing may take off. It looked a bit fragile. I think 25% was kinda high.

I also was thinking the "desk" was more like a shelf and was thinking of if it would work in my shower as an additional shelf.

It's not raw flour that's the problem.  It's the raw eggs.  I do a cookie "dough" that is egg-less as a filling for a cookie dough cupcake I do (yes, I jumped on the cupcake trend and guess what- people still order from me.  Since it's just a tiny side-job I do, I get enough orders for me).  That's all I could think about when she was presenting it. I think the "obesity" and "not healthy" reasons for not investing were a bit bullshit as other products that were not necessarily healthy have been featured and invested in without issue.  Not saying that I think she needed to get an investment, just calling BS on the reasons why the sharks didn't invest. 

I was glad to hear about the cupboard.  But, now that it's at Williams-Sonoma the price point is higher than it was before.  I was one of the people that went on to order the board while I was watching the episode and they finally cancelled my order due to not having the product.  I try to support fellow firefighter families whenever I can and this is a product I would actually use frequently. 

• Love 5

I fast-forwarded through a lot of this. But don’t most fast food restaurants give you those rectangular ketchup packets when you buy french fries?

Are drivers eating and dipping? That doesn’t seem safe. Is this designed for passengers who are eating and dipping? I would think there would be more dripping if the condiment container was attached to a vent vs. in your own hand. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I also was thinking the "desk" was more like a shelf and was thinking of if it would work in my shower as an additional shelf.

It's not raw flour that's the problem.  It's the raw eggs.  

Nope, it's the raw flour. Easy to get around raw eggs if that bothers you.

• Love 2

For cookie dough, it's raw eggs (avoided by either using pasturized eggs, or omitting eggs), but also raw flour.    The raw flour can transmit e.coli, because it hasn't been heated to kill germs.    

They actually had an edible raw cookie dough, Cookie Dough Cafe, that you couldn't bake into cookies.    I've seen another brand at the store too, that you can bake, or eat raw.    My local grocery had the second brand, but Walmart had the Cookie Dough Cafe.   Fresh Market had several varieties of the Cookie Dough Cafe.     I haven't seen the raw dough in a while, it was usually in the refrigerated case, with the other cookie dough..  

• Love 3

Did I hear Barbara say the she had gone to great lengths to design elegant workspaces in her corporate offices and she really hated it when people personalized their work areas with objects or decorations brought in from home? 

If so, what an awful attitude. I don't think I'd want to work for her.

• Love 22

There has already been a raw dough product on Shark Tank (I can't remember when) and I remember the chorus of too sweet an eewww its RAW from the sharks.  I even think they may have gotten a deal from Mark, of all people.  Can you Preverts help me to remember?

6 minutes ago, Rough Draft said:

Did I hear Barbara say the she had gone to great lengths to design elegant workspaces in her corporate offices and she really hated it when people personalized their work areas with objects or decorations brought in from home? 

I bristled when she said that, too. First she said she went to great lengths to design a beautiful office and hated it when people brought in framed pictures of their kids and put them on the shelves on their desks, that it ruined the whole aesthetic. Then she went on to complain about employees putting their "tchotchkes" on their desks. She really came off poorly with those comments. I've liked her in the past but she changed my opinion with two remarks.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Rough Draft said:

2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I bristled when she said that, too. First she said she went to great lengths to design a beautiful office and hated it when people brought in framed pictures of their kids and put them on the shelves on their desks, that it ruined the whole aesthetic. Then she went on to complain about employees putting their "tchotchkes" on their desks. She really came off poorly with those comments. I've liked her in the past but she changed my opinion with two remarks.

Thank you!  I forgot to comment on that.  I was so taken aback I think my mouth hung open for a good 30 seconds.  People work long hours at their desks and being able to look upon the people they are most likely working FOR is a good thing.  I have pictures of my family on a shelf in my office and as my desktop wallpaper.  I also have prints of things I like hanging in nice frames on my walls.  How rude of Barbara to say that her employees would ruin her "aesthetic".  I bet her employees are not very happy working for her. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I fast-forwarded through a lot of this. But don’t most fast food restaurants give you those rectangular ketchup packets when you buy french fries?

Are drivers eating and dipping? That doesn’t seem safe. Is this designed for passengers who are eating and dipping? I would think there would be more dripping if the condiment container was attached to a vent vs. in your own hand. 

This is what I was thinking, too. If you are going to eat while you're driving, you'd need a container inside the clip to empty the ketchup packet into. As for eating while driving, I've taken care of several patients who were severely brain damaged due to eating in the car. They were in minor car accidents and would have walked away without any injuries if they hadn't been eating and choked on what was in their mouths. Your brain only has a few minutes to get rescued if your airway is blocked. Good samaritans and EMS aren't able to move that fast.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rough Draft said:

Yes! I think she specifically said personal photos. I had the same reaction! I was really disappointed to hear that from Barbara. I wasn't expecting that from her, but then again, I saw an interview with her once on GMA where he said her husband is forbidden from calling her at work. I liked her before I heard this.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Would you pay $200+ for that? I was thinking it looked like one of those things you see on TV for $19.99, but wait! If you want two for $19.99 you just have to pay a separate fee.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I was glad to hear about the [cutting]board.  But, now that it's at Williams-Sonoma the price point is higher than it was before.  I was one of the people that went on to order the board while I was watching the episode and they finally cancelled my order due to not having the product.  I try to support fellow firefighter families whenever I can and this is a product I would actually use frequently. 

I was really disappointed that, after the sharks saying they were going to donate all their proceeds to NYFD, it was actually the kids that made a donation from starting a GoFundMe account. 

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

I have two innovative inventions to solve the problem of the lack of privacy in modern workplaces: walls and doors! Find them at your local hardware store!

Last week there was a woman in the grocery store talking on the phone, and I asked her, "Don't you think you should be having that conversation in private?" She looked at me as if I was the insane one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, rhys said:

Mark said he couldn't invest because of obesity, but then he complimented the product designed to encourage people eating fast food in their car. 

I tried a cookie dough place similar to that woman's product, and wasn't a big fan. It didn't actually taste like actual cookie dough (that I know you aren't supposed to eat). It was served like ice cream, so I kept thinking it should be cold. 

I can understand some people thinking it is too sweet, but I was still surprised by Robert's, "are there people who like cookie dough?" Most people like sweet stuff.

6 hours ago, Rough Draft said:

As others have said, that was really terrible.  I also remember one time where Barbara said she throws out surge protectors that her husband would buy for their house because they looked so terrible. It was when there was a pitch for a surge protector that looked like wood. That seemed like such a weird attitude, but the comment last night seemed even worse.

1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

I have two innovative inventions to solve the problem of the lack of privacy in modern workplaces: walls and doors! Find them at your local hardware store!

My office is open space, and they built in "focus rooms" where you can go if you need to make a phone call or need silence. The problem is, the walls and doors they used are paper thin so you can still hear everything.  They did recently install one phone booth looking thing that seems to be similar to those guys' product. Except smaller and no desk built in. I've yet to see anyone use it.

• Love 1

I work in a school, and there's no place to make a private phone call (for example, to your doctor or to a parent). Instead, I see teachers wandering around the back of the school on their mobile phones, or in their cars. I don't know where they could put it, but one of those little closets would be handy for us.  No way the school district is shelling out that kind of money for it though.

As for the raw flour/raw eggs, provided that you use heat treated flour and pasteurised eggs, the raw cookie dough is safe to eat. I love raw cookie dough better than the actual cookies (which is hard, as I teach food safety, so know I shouldn't, but still do).

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, hula-la said:

I work in a school, and there's no place to make a private phone call (for example, to your doctor or to a parent). Instead, I see teachers wandering around the back of the school on their mobile phones, or in their cars. I don't know where they could put it, but one of those little closets would be handy for us.  No way the school district is shelling out that kind of money for it though.

I wonder if you could find a used phone booth without the phone. I wouldn't think a recycled phone booth would be very expensive.

• Useful 1
(edited)

The sharks made a deal for the Cookie Dough Cafe line, it was a few years ago.  I tasted some, and the Chocolate Chip was pretty good.  

The money from the Cup Board Pro was from the Gofundme, and the proceeds from the first 2,000 that the father had in stock.   The original board is bamboo, and very sturdy.    Future donations will be from the sharks' profits, and the children's portion of the William-Sonoma partnership.     I ordered a couple of the lighter ones from William-Sonoma last night, because they won't require oiling to keep them from cracking.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Last week there was a woman in the grocery store talking on the phone, and I asked her, "Don't you think you should be having that conversation in private?" She looked at me as if I was the insane one.

I work in a grocery store. At least three customers per day carry on a full-out conversation on their phones (some on speakerphone or FaceTime) while going through my lane. It's incredibly rude and makes it very difficult for me to conduct transactions.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Mark said he couldn't invest because of obesity, but then he complimented the product designed to encourage people eating fast food in their car.

Mark's a jackass. The inconsistencies of the Sharks' "standards" are crazy-making.

• Love 6

Yeah they've invested in lots of not good for you/may cause obesity products before, that was BS.

I liked Lori's idea of using the window thing at starbucks or other coffee shops. But the price would have to go way down.

• Love 2

I like raw cookie dough... but just like a few bites... the whole scoop of it just seemed like way too much for me, and then when she showed the bigger sizes (and the price!) I was definitely out... If i'm going to eat a big scoop of calories, it's going to be ice cream... or baked cookies and milk... 

The desk thing looked more like a shelf, and not wide enough to really be useful, especially for that price! 

FFwd most of the dip holder thing... it seemed like a joke product.

The private space thing does serve a good purpose, but just goes to show why the open concept office thing is not great for productivity and why cube farms just make people unhappy. I know individual offices cost more money and space... but at the price of those units, you could almost put in some offices... or just make ceiling height mobile cube walls.

• Love 9

The Doughp lady sounded like a robot programmed to appeal to some marketers' idea of "Millennials." Except it was programmed eight years ago. I see she's previously received some flack for being a white hipster selling her bougie vegan snacks with "hip hop-influenced" branding.

• Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is what I thought was wrong with it.  It's a good idea, but MacDonald's gives you ketchup in rectangular flat packets in my region (although some stores used to have the giant pump bottles with little white containers where you filled your own).  The square containers that go in the gadget are for nugget sauce.  So you'd have to convince Mickey D's to start putting ketchup in the nugget sauce containers.  There was a lot of confusion between nuggets and fries.  They kept talking about no ketchupless fries, but they kept showing nuggets because that's the kind of sauce container that would fit in the gadget.

And if you ordered nuggets and fries you'd need two containers/gadgets. 

Since I live in NYC I usually eat Mickey D's in the restaurant and definitely not in a car.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

He even said he ate some huge percentage of his meals in the car! 

As for the phone booth, it's a great idea if they get the price down.  I'm an attorney, and I have my own office.  Could not work otherwise. 

But in my office building, which is near the NYC courthouses, a lot of the lawyers are retiring and the spaces are being taken over by "tech" companies (to use the shorthand), and the offices have open plans with big cafeteria tables.  The poor kids (and yes, they're all young) sit cheek by jowl all day at laptops.  They're programming or designing web spaces or writing, apparently.  In fairness, this was always the case in newsrooms, although people had their own desks and cubicles and phones.  Watch All the President's Men. 

In the new tech world people don't talk to clients or interview subjects.  They probably just text or email.

When they have to make calls, they end up in the hallway. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, Whimsy said:

It's not raw flour that's the problem.  It's the raw eggs.  I do a cookie "dough" that is egg-less as a filling for a cookie dough cupcake I do (yes, I jumped on the cupcake trend and guess what- people still order from me.  Since it's just a tiny side-job I do, I get enough orders for me).  That's all I could think about when she was presenting it. I think the "obesity" and "not healthy" reasons for not investing were a bit bullshit as other products that were not necessarily healthy have been featured and invested in without issue.  Not saying that I think she needed to get an investment, just calling BS on the reasons why the sharks didn't invest. 

I was glad to hear about the cupboard.  But, now that it's at Williams-Sonoma the price point is higher than it was before.  I was one of the people that went on to order the board while I was watching the episode and they finally cancelled my order due to not having the product.  I try to support fellow firefighter families whenever I can and this is a product I would actually use frequently. 

I think the Deskview pitcher who mentioned studio apartments had a good angle.  Space is at a major premium and unless you're going to install one of those desktops that mount on the wall and pull down (like an ironing board), you don't have much option.   As someone with a stand up desk, they weren't wrong when they said you can spend $500 and up, depending on size and how fancy you want to get.   Should be a good investment for Kevin.  

One thing I like about Daymond is that he will usually just say something like "it's not for me."  That's good enough.  To say something about obesity and being unhealthy, please.  Everyone likes a treat now and again, whether it's healthy or not.  Just go to any county or city fair.  They deep fry everything.  The DoughP lady would probably make a fortune at one of those.   So Mark's excuse was flimsy.  

Of  course then he turns around and says he eats 30 percent of his meals in his car.  Yeah, how healthy is that, Mark?  

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, tvrox said:

Yeah they've invested in lots of not good for you/may cause obesity products before, that was BS.

I liked Lori's idea of using the window thing at starbucks or other coffee shops. But the price would have to go way down.

I don't know if that's as viable as it seems... they could be easily detached and stolen... or what if someone deliberately loosened it.  Starbucks would be liable.

PS - Also hated Barbara's comments on family pictures.  And tchochkas.   If you don't count sleeping time, during the week you spend far more time at work than at home.  As long as you don't go crazy with the decorating, you should be able to make your workspace more pleasant.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3

I also thought the Sharks' "obesity" complaint about the cookie dough was bogus. What about those cupcakes in a can or jar or whatever? While I like to eat a bit of dough when I'm making cookies, I would never sit down and eat a whole scoop of it, just thinking about it grosses me. But cookie dough IS popular, contrary to what the Sharks said. Almost every brand of ice cream has a cookie dough flavor now. (I'm not interested in that, either, and I love ice cream.)

The phone booth thing seemed problematic to me. If someone goes into one to make a phone call, wouldn't all the other people in that open-air office space be watching him/her and spend less time working and more time speculating on who he/she is calling and what it's about that it has to be so private? I saw it causing more problems than solving. "There goes Sally into the phone booth again, what's up with that, who's she calling, what's up with HER being so important. I can't believe it's work related." Better to use that money to install cubes to the ceiling as another poster said.

Barbara not wanting people to put personal things in their offices makes me think she doesn't want them to spend extra time packing when she fires them.

I went to the Saucemoto website during the show, and one can buy a pack of two sauce holders for $9.99, $5 each, cheaper than on Shark Tank. But go to check out and you get to "spin the wheel," where I won an extra free holder if I bought two. So, I could get three for $9.99. I didn't go far enough to see what shipping cost. My problem with it was, like another poster, all the fast-food places around here give ketchup in flat packets that you have to squeeze onto your sandwich wrapper or container to dip fries into. Once, somewhere, a place gave me ketchup in a container like a dipping sauce. I just don't remember where in the USA that was. So, unless you are a nuggets fan, the Saucemoto is a Saucenogo for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Once, somewhere, a place gave me ketchup in a container like a dipping sauce. I just don't remember where in the USA that was.

Chick-fil-a has ketchup in a container that you can either peel back the top to dip, or tear off the end to squeeze.

image.png.253ff0071bf8039f7f2e2f3f646fd63d.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, roctavia said:

The desk thing looked more like a shelf, and not wide enough to really be useful, especially for that price! 

Was it even big enough to hold a laptop computer? It looked to me like the tray tables on the new Frontier airplanes. They're so small they won't fit much more than your napkin and cup of coffee.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I think the Deskview pitcher who mentioned studio apartments had a good angle.  Space is at a major premium and unless you're going to install one of those desktops that mount on the wall and pull down (like an ironing board), you don't have much option.   As someone with a stand up desk, they weren't wrong when they said you can spend $500 and up, depending on size and how fancy you want to get.   Should be a good investment for Kevin.  

One thing I like about Daymond is that he will usually just say something like "it's not for me."  That's good enough.  To say something about obesity and being unhealthy, please.  Everyone likes a treat now and again, whether it's healthy or not.  Just go to any county or city fair.  They deep fry everything.  The DoughP lady would probably make a fortune at one of those.   So Mark's excuse was flimsy.  

Of  course then he turns around and says he eats 30 percent of his meals in his car.  Yeah, how healthy is that, Mark?  

I live in a studio and couldn't imagine using the Deskview! As a desk space anyway. Maybe to hold things?

10 hours ago, tvrox said:

I live in a studio and couldn't imagine using the Deskview! As a desk space anyway. Maybe to hold things?

I think you'd have to go with the "upgraded" one they showed, which was a wider shelf.  The "basic" one did look rather narrow - - maybe a netbook or something like that would work?  

I think the concept is good but the pricing is high if you're only going to use it as a shelf.

Still very surprised that Kevin didn't jump on the DoughP product, given his success with the cupcakes.

• Love 1

Not my favorite show this time.

I thought the cookie dough woman was trying too hard with the names of her product and her pitch.  Kind of "Look at me, I'm hip"(or whatever the right term is!)

And the Desk thing was not a desk.  I know they are trying to get on board with the standing desk trend, but it was a shelf.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Jillybean said:

Yes! I think she specifically said personal photos. I had the same reaction! I was really disappointed to hear that from Barbara. I wasn't expecting that from her, but then again, I saw an interview with her once on GMA where he said her husband is forbidden from calling her at work. I liked her before I heard this.

It really didn't surprise me coming from Barbara, she seems like a cold fish most of the time, but it was still an obnoxious thing to say. How dare her underlings sully her "beautiful corporate space" with their personal belongings...

I also thought she was a bitch to that one Saucemoto guy, grilling him about whether he actually wanted to be there. Sorry Barbara, not everyone is an extrovert who can turn their personality up to 11. There was a weird edit in that spot, so I couldn't see what the guy had done/not done that sparked that reaction in her, but I thought it was unnecessary and bitchy.

I like raw cookie dough... but just like a few bites... the whole scoop of it just seemed like way too much for me, and then when she showed the bigger sizes (and the price!) I was definitely out... If i'm going to eat a big scoop of calories, it's going to be ice cream... or baked cookies and milk...

Same. The idea of 3 whole scoops of cookie dough is unimaginable to me, is that supposed to be a shareable item or what? And the toppings looked extra gross, it looked like there was icing/sprinkles and other added sweet things on top of 3 giant scoops of cookie dough...ugh.

That being said, I was surprised that Barbara didn't go in on it just for the girl herself. I guess she didn't have a learning disability or some kind of sob story to use as a wedge into Barbara's heart.

The cubicall pitch didn't resonate with me. Most open plan offices already have things like that, in the form of conference rooms or little closet-sized rooms that people can duck into. Maybe theirs was a bit more soundproof, but it wasn't a novel idea.

Now if someone can invent some kind of very small, inexpensive pod workspace that can give you the feeling of your own space even though you're actually crammed right next to someone else, THAT would be a billion dollar invention. 😉

Also, I tuned those guys out immediately after they trotted out the tired old "open plan offices are great for collaboration" line. They are NOT and almost everyone hates them (the CEOs who can save tons of money by stuffing people in like sardines are probably the only people who like them and they're the ones who try to sell the idea with bullshit like "collaboration is a breeze when I can just turn my head and talk to someone.")

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

That being said, I was surprised that Barbara didn't go in on it just for the girl herself. I guess she didn't have a learning disability or some kind of sob story to use as a wedge into Barbara's heart.

She tried with the "I'm an alcoholic, and I'll be three years sober on Friday." Maybe enough tears weren't included.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought they should have an insert tray in case you use a fast food restaurant you go to has packets instead of those they plugged in!  So you could open up the ketchup packet and squeeze it in.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
On 5/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, saber5055 said:

I also thought the Sharks' "obesity" complaint about the cookie dough was bogus. What about those cupcakes in a can or jar or whatever? While I like to eat a bit of dough when I'm making cookies, I would never sit down and eat a whole scoop of it, just thinking about it grosses me. But cookie dough IS popular, contrary to what the Sharks said. Almost every brand of ice cream has a cookie dough flavor now. (I'm not interested in that, either, and I love ice cream.)

Agreed on the obesity complaint.  I don't recall him ever making that comment about any of the other comfort foods they have had on Shark Tank.  I don't recall if he has actually invested in those, but I don't remember him using that as a reason not to invest.  

And I love me some cookie dough, but I can't imagine spending $6 for a scoop of it!  That just seemed crazy high priced.  And with cookie dough, a little bit is about all I can really eat.  I did think the name of her company was super cute.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I thought they should have an insert tray in case you use a fast food restaurant you go to has packets instead of those they plugged in!  So you could open up the ketchup packet and squeeze it in.

Then you'd have to clean it out after you used it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

And I love me some cookie dough, but I can't imagine spending $6 for a scoop of it!  That just seemed crazy high priced.  And with cookie dough, a little bit is about all I can really eat.  I did think the name of her company was super cute.

She didn't say if she thought she could sustain that price point in a different market. Her overhead on a Pier 39 storefront might actually justify it.

• Love 1

Today is the last day I can use my "buy two get one free" Saucemoto code. Ack! Heh. I do wonder about the "dripage" of sauce on that nugget when going from the Saucemoto vent holder to your mouth. I can see the need for lots of napkins and Wet Wipes when you finally reach your destination. And some of those Tide pens to take care of the sauce stains on your shirt.

Or maybe that's only me.

I agree inserts are needed to squeeze ketchup into. Maybe one Saucemoto could be a ketchup-squeeze holder with a supply of a dozen (or more) inserts, toss the insert when finished, and replace with a clean one for next trip?

Or am I overthinking this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And I love me some cookie dough, but I can't imagine spending $6 for a scoop of it!  That just seemed crazy high priced.  And

One can buy 16.5 oz. (more than one pound!) of Pillsbury cookie dough or Nestle Toll House dough for $2.50 or less at Walmart. Eat some, bake some.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

One can buy 16.5 oz. (more than one pound!) of Pillsbury cookie dough or Nestle Toll House dough for $2.50 or less at Walmart. Eat some, bake some.

Exactly!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was really interested in the phone booth concept. I work in an open concept office. There is zero privacy to call your doctor or make an appt. I have to go sit in my car, even when it was -30 this past winter. My company nets a billion a year, they’d pop for something like that to respond to employee criticism of lack of privacy.

I thought the cookie dough thing was too faddish. 

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

That might work if you could determine if the flour was heat treated. I'm not going to eat raw flour -- just nope.

i did look up doughp's ingredients & she does heat treat her flour & does something to the eggs (pasteurize?) -- my memory is gone tonight for some reason.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, rhys said:

That might work if you could determine if the flour was heat treated. I'm not going to eat raw flour -- just nope. 

i did look up doughp's ingredients & she does heat treat her flour & does something to the eggs (pasteurize?) -- my memory is gone tonight for some reason. 

This probably may be could be the reason all Sharks passed on DoughP and the "obesity" reason was just a way out of not having to talk about the potential problem that people might be eating raw eggs and flour. I expected them to say that, not the "I don't want to get fat" excuse.