Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/6/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I looove Amy Poehler & was watching her on Seth Meyers show last night.  They have such a fun work history and friendship.  

My daughter read Amy’s book and told me that she wrote that Seth is her best friend.  

It’s such a shame that fearless, straight shooter Meghan was “sick.”   They could have discussed her own appearance on Seth’s show and what she thinks of him.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

She also made her famous lasagna for her that Abby raved about.

I want some of that lasagna.

I didn't hate the panel today. Of course I usually like Fridays because no Whoopi rambling and I love Joy. Sunny is at her best when talking legal issues, and that's why I love her on the panel. I will not miss Abby Normal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

And this is exactly why NutMeg was "out sick" today.

Because not only did mr. rage tweeter throw out homophobic slurs and anti-Semitic accusations about Amy's best friend, he really went after Seth's reputation, his ability, his talent, and how he is poorly regarded👀 by everyone.  NutMeg was too afraid (cause there is no way she is embarrassed) to face Amy.

The biggest irony of all is that he said that Seth only got where he is because he is White..lol  One can say the exact same thing for Mr. Nutmeg..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The biggest irony of all is that he said that Seth only got where he is because he is White..lol  One can say the exact same thing for Mr. Nutmeg..

And Seth's father's clout, connections, and job had nothing to do with his success in the entertainment business. Neither Mr. Nutmeg nor the missus can say the same.  And Seth isn't a plagiarist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Actually Mr Nutmeg's father is of Puerto Rican descent. Which is still ironic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

She will have 3 children under age 5. 

She's rich, and yes,  she has hired help, and a supportive family.  

But would you?  

Go back to work?  In a fucking heartbeat!  Just to get away from that domestic hell!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Why did  Abs just say "I have cousins who don't have sperm"? WTH? Isn't  ANYTHING private anymore?

"Coming in October, a very special 'The View,' new-twins mom, Abby, names her spermless cousins and introduces her babies." 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)

Good call on the Poehler - Meghan off sick connection, you guys.  If she continues calling in sick because she has embarrassed herself the day before and can't take the media heat, or the show books guests that she is either afraid of or that she has pissed off then she'll never be there.

tumblr_n28kt9kt7I1s7gykyo1_250.gif.a126600384d5eb6a1cb1cb1ee7a5d575.gif

Edited by Cementhead
wording
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11

No shrieking! No talking over each other! No eye rolling and shouting at the audience. 

Sunny thought Trump wanted Judge Judy, how can she forget it was Judge Jeanine Pirro the hack? 

Dont know if I’ll stick around for steals / deals as I have bracelets, shopping bags and a sleeveless long sweater that will pull my summer wardrobe together.  I just know Oprah needs a clutch purse that also is a handle  purse and shoulder bag. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

When Abby told Ciara she is the most beautiful woman in the world, Ciara said "oh, what a sweet thing to say".  This was right after the segment where Sunny said she wanted to be known for what she says, not her looks.

I'm hoping that over the summer they just stick with 4 co-hosts at a time.  Even when MM is present, there is less over-talking and chaos.  Without MM, like today, it was nice and calm, and you can actually hear everyone's views.

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

And I suppose he also thinks his wife got all her gigs based on sheer talent and hard work? 

Meghan’s husband sounds just as bright and delightful as her! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 6
  • Love 18
23 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

My sister-in-law's vet in Buckeye AZ was Dr. Doktor.  When she kept saying, "Doctor, Doctor" I thought I was missing the joke.

True story: my mother used to work with a doctor whose last name was Doctor.  And then he married . . . a doctor (or maybe they met in med school; I don't remember the details).  So they were Dr. and Dr. Doctor, LOL!  And to make this post slightly OT - nice interview with Dr. Biden and as much work as goes into earning a PhD. she's entitled to use the title any and everywhere , IMO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Back to Ahbby .  She will have 3 children under age 5. 

She'll actually have 3 children under age 2 - Isabel is only 18 months old!  Hopefully she will want to stay home longer.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She'll actually have 3 children under age 2 - Isabel is only 18 months old!  Hopefully she will want to stay home longer.

Oh, Abby will be back. She's not going to stay way from this gig!

It's not like she works 40 hours a week without any help!!!

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Back to Ahbby .  She will have 3 children under age 5. 

I am happy that Abby can afford to have someone help her with the babies.  Even with help, it will be a challenge.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Tara will be a guest co-host today. 

I don't agree with this gal a lot but I like her.  On a superficial front, I find her very pretty.

3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Thank the Lord, today is Abby's last show. She said she'll be back in the fall though, ugh. Hope everything goes well with the birth, but I won't miss her.

Also, Meghan is sick today, according to Joy, as is Ana.

What did her husband or father in law do NOW???  😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What did her husband or father in law do NOW???  😂

She's just a-skeered of one of Seth's best friends, today's guest, Amy Poehler.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Oh, Abby will be back. She's not going to stay way from this gig!

It's not like she works 40 hours a week without any help!!!

Like, who does that. Only most Americans?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I knew Joy liked Abby...you could tell that Whoopi, Joy and Sunny liked her.  

They like her; we like her...what's not to like?  Meghan is certainly not threatened by her (nor is anyone else).  I just wish she had more to offer for that FAT paycheck.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

"Coming in October, a very special 'The View,' new-twins mom, Abby, names her spermless cousins and introduces her babies." 

As someone who knows about infertility, even if she has a bunch of male cousins, she should've been more general like "I know men who don't have sperm".

3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She's just a-skeered of one of Seth's best friends, today's guest, Amy Poehler.

Amy and Seth should give Meggie a "really?" from their SNL sketch.

• Love 13

No Whoopie.  No Nutmeg.   What a freaking pleasant show this was today.  See, View?  It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. 

Tara is gorgeous.  Sunny looked great in that dress (even though she'd rather be noted for her brains).  Ahbby was Ahbby.   Joy ruled.  Joy always rules. 

What does WG have over some network bigwig in order to keep this gig?   As awful as she is when she's there, her awfulness is even more apparent when she's NOT there -  with Joy competently moderating the show.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

What does WG have over some network bigwig in order to keep this gig?   As awful as she is when she's there, her awfulness is even more apparent when she's NOT there -  with Joy competently moderating the show

She’s a Disney spokesperson.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BravaBravo said:

I looove Amy Poehler & was watching her on Seth Meyers show last night.  They have such a fun work history and friendship.  

My daughter read Amy’s book and told me that she wrote that Seth is her best friend.  

It’s such a shame that fearless, straight shooter Meghan was “sick.”   They could have discussed her own appearance on Seth’s show and what she thinks of him.....

Amy writes a lot about Seth in her book, Yes, Please. 

It's a great read. Very positive,  up, and funny. She and Seth did stand-up and mucho bits while traveling together to perform. 

I love him. He is so decent and kond and sweet and funny. 

Mm is the opposite. And a fool. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

As someone who knows about infertility, even if she has a bunch of male cousins, she should've been more general like "I know men who don't have sperm".

Here's a bit-o-proof that one should watch the show before snarking here.  I  repeated "cousins" because I read it.  Watching the show, I learned she was talking about friends' husbands (not cousins).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

Not a doctor, but it is really that men are "without sperm" or that they are simply infertile? 

There's a word for it, so they might be without sperm.  A low sperm count is  called oligospermia (ol-ih-go-SPUR-me-uh). A complete absence of sperm is called azoospermia.  (Mayo Clinic)

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Dont know if I’ll stick around for steals / deals as I have bracelets, shopping bags and a sleeveless long sweater that will pull my summer wardrobe together.  I just know Oprah needs a clutch purse that also is a handle  purse and shoulder bag.

I love the deals.  I have bought some pretty cool stuff cheap and love it.

3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

What does WG have over some network bigwig in order to keep this gig?   As awful as she is when she's there, her awfulness is even more apparent when she's NOT there -  with Joy competently moderating the show.

I saw WG on Andy Cohen's show and I liked how she would not engage in the discussion of The Ladies Who Punch or said anything bad about any of her cohosts.  Pretty classy, especially since they are half in the bag over there.  She did say that Joy was her favorite cohost overall.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I love the deals.  I have bought some pretty cool stuff cheap and love it.

I saw WG on Andy Cohen's show and I liked how she would not engage in the discussion of The Ladies Who Punch or said anything bad about any of her cohosts.  Pretty classy, especially since they are half in the bag over there.  She did say that Joy was her favorite cohost overall.

Miss Whoopi knows on which side her bread is buttered!!!  She's very lucky to have this job considering her monumental incompetance & pathetic grasp of the English language.  Just sayin'!!!

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

I like Tara.  Since Ana doesn't want the full time gig, can she and Tara split duties and boot The Arizona Princess?  

So is that why Ana is no longer in the opening credits? She doesn't want it full time? That's too bad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Miss Whoopi knows on which side her bread is buttered!!!  She's very lucky to have this job considering her monumental incompetance & pathetic grasp of the English language.  Just sayin'!!!

Not to mention, she dresses like she does not give a damn! Whoopie is there to collect the check..

• Love 7
5 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

So is that why Ana is no longer in the opening credits? She doesn't want it full time? That's too bad.

Ana is only in the opening credits when she is on the show.  She and her new husband live in Miami and she doesn't want to move to NYC, that's why she's only on Fridays and an occasional fill in.

• Love 10

I'm thinking Amy may have threatened to skip her appearance on the show if Princess Nutmeg was at the table.  The producers may have decided to give MM the day off so the two didn't meet face to face.  Just a thought but in view of Amy's close relationship with Seth, it would make sense. If that was the case, I can't imagine the PTB would be too happy with their princess.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

I thought Ana was only in the opening credits  on days that she's there.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I'm thinking Amy may have threatened to skip her appearance on the show if Princess Nutmeg was at the table.  The producers may have decided to give MM the day off so the two didn't meet face to face.  Just a thought but in view of Amy's close relationship with Seth, it would make sense. If that was the case, I can't imagine the PTB would be too happy with their princess.

Doubtful. Amy is too much of a professional, unlike others in this show.

• Love 9

does anyone who has an hour to kill care to take one for the team and re-watch thursday's show to count exactly how many times Whoopi uses (usually incorrectly) "conversation"? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, pachebo said:

does anyone who has an hour to kill care to take one for the team and re-watch thursday's show to count exactly how many times Whoopi uses (usually incorrectly) "conversation"? 

I would, if I could.  But, I barely got through it the first time 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, she dresses like she does not give a damn! Whoopie is there to collect the check..

Have you noticed that she's "embraced" her new clothing line and shows up in a new and different/pressed outfit* every day?  Not my style, but at least she's stopped looking like she dragged crumpled stuff out of her ragbag. Temporarily.

*cough/cough...free commercials...cough

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Have you noticed that she's "embraced" her new clothing line and shows up in a new and different/pressed outfit* every day?  Not my style, but at least she's stopped looking like she dragged crumpled stuff out of her ragbag. Temporarily.

*cough/cough...free commercials...cough

She is doing it in the hope of making money, she is always bitching about taxes. There was a time Whoopie used to look like she rolled out of bed and got into her limo that dropped her off at the studio. Barbara used to look disgusted at her bag lady outfits..

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is doing it in the hope of making money, she is always bitching about taxes.

She probably continues to support her daughter, Alex, Alex's husband, Bernard, and Alex's (3) children and her (1) grandchild.  Lots of mouths to feed.

• Love 6