Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/6/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
26 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Do we know why Whoopi's daughter and son-in-law don't work? 

I think people have speculated that her daughter does not work because it seems that her mother is always trying to make her happen.  Like the time she had a line of socks and another time it was make-up. Whoopie is no Kris Jenner that woman made her talentless vacuous daughters millionaires and her youngest is a billionaire.  Perhaps, Alex can hire Kris to make her a star..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Do we know why Whoopi's daughter and son-in-law don't work? 

Apparently they don't have to.  Someone else brings in plenty-o-dough.  Snicker.

(Yes, I did mean Alex's grandchild.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Have you noticed that she's "embraced" her new clothing line and shows up in a new and different/pressed outfit* every day?

Do you mean the "for hefty women who don't wear bras" line?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I guess I'm at least a little impressed that she doesn't bear that guilt.

If you never knew any other way, there's probably no room for guilt.

ETA: Of course, 25yrs of comments by friends, relatives, strangers like me should have caused at least a cringe.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

If you never knew any other way, there's probably no room for guilt.

ETA: Of course, 25yrs of comments by friends, relatives, strangers like me should have caused at least a cringe.

To be fair, I am sure most rich celebrities take care of their close families and close friends who were there for them before they made it big. I am pretty sure Whoopie made sure her mom and brother were taken cared of.. Billionaire Oprah took care of all of her close family even her mother who treated her like shit all her life. 

If I was rich beyond my wildest dreams, I would give money to my family. I have always gotten the vibe that Whoopie was not really there for Alex and that she relied heavily on her mom to take care of Alex while she pursued her dreams as an artist. Not to mention, Whoopie is an addict, who knows how that may have affected Alex.  I remember she told a story of being in a run down hotel high as kite, not bathing for days and hallucinating like crazy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 5/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, Haleth said:

Ana is only in the opening credits when she is on the show.  She and her new husband live in Miami and she doesn't want to move to NYC, that's why she's only on Fridays and an occasional fill in.

That is a GREAT deal for Ana! Though I wish she were on more.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have always gotten the vibe that Whoopie was not really there for Alex and that she relied heavily on her mom to take care of Alex while she pursued her dreams as an artist.

It won't happen, but wouldn't it be nice if she would acknowledge that she wasn't around for Alex as much as she should have been and she's HAPPY now to give her and her family anything they need (not including creating a "career" for Alex).  She should add that it's not MY bidness!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If I was rich beyond my wildest dreams, I would give money to my family.

I always said that if I won the lottery I would have to pretend my brother and sister are in my lottery club and we would split the winnings.  They are my heirs so it's better to split then to watch my back forever. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 6