Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/6/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Of course Jill Biden's last few minutes are about Meghan's grief.  Meghan was there to make sure that it happened. Meghan is tiresome. 

I like Jill Biden seems like a lovely woman. I'm just not sure I believe that her students didnt realize she was the VP's wife. Did the secret service not tip them off?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

I appreciated Jill Biden's admission of losing faith. Meghan too. I did too when I lost my husband too young. Sometimes Meghan bringing up her father's death speaks to some of us. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So much this.  This annoys me to no fucking end.  How can you be an ally of the LGTBQ community when you support people who are not allies of the LGTBQ community?

Two of my best friends are gay men and they wouldn't be caught dead being friends with her.

I think Meghan is genuine in her desire to see equal rights for the LGBTQ community but you're correct, an 'ally' is not the right term. They stand side by side for a mutual cause. Internal beliefs demonstrate a type of support but ally is far too strong of a word for anyone who acknowledges and verbally supports causes but does not use the means available to them to help make changes on the ground. To be honest, I think a large group of people who call themselves allies of the LGBTQ community are mostly allies in word and not necessarily in action.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Of course Jill Biden's last few minutes are about Meghan's grief.  Meghan was there to make sure that it happened. Meghan is tiresome. 

I like Jill Biden seems like a lovely woman. I'm just not sure I believe that her students didnt realize she was the VP's wife. Did the secret service not tip them off?

Well, I did watch Dr. Biden as I said I would. She is a lovely woman, and a great asset to Biden's campaign. Did she ever have children of her own? I was hoping she would tell us about them, if, indeed, she did have biological kids. When MM starts her "grief" act, I wish someone would point out to her that many people wake up in the morning having their loved ones here. That night, they may not still have those they love anymore. Life can change so quickly and tragically, to young and old alike. MM needs to realize not everyone has a chance to say "good bye and I love you" like she  presumably did.  

• Love 22
15 hours ago, xingu said:

But one thing we can be sure of.  WG sent big bouquets to all the winners.  She does have class.

Sadly, I did. I actually bought those Daddy Sponge Thingies (I won't mention the name) and they literally dissolved in water after three uses. 

I would love to hear her thoughts on Sheriff Joe.

With all respect, I think your wayback machine needs a reboot.

It goes back much further than that: "In 1870, in a letter produced in evidence at his examination before a magistrate at Bow-street, London, on suspicion of then-illegal homosexual acts, crossdresser Frederick Park referred to his "campish undertakings"; but the letter does not make clear what these were. In 1909, the Oxford English Dictionary gave the first print citation of camp as ostentatious, exaggerated, affected, theatrical; effeminate or homosexual; pertaining to, characteristic of, homosexuals. So as a noun, 'camp' behaviour, mannerisms, et cetera. (cf. quot. 1909); a man exhibiting such behaviour." (Wiki)

Ms Wintour may choose to rewrite history, but I won't tolerate it. How does a rich, spoiled, dreadfully disgustingly intolerable human being like Wintour get to set what is camp? She has absolutely no credibility on this issue.* Unless you consider oversized-sunglasses and a bob-cut camp.  Which I don't.

Sontag may have brought the phrase into current usage, but she most certainly did not define it. 

Lest we forget, Oscar Wilde was the epitome of camp.  Upon entering prison for homosexuality and asked if he had any personal possessions he stated:  I have nothing to declare but my genius.

Now that's camp.

*This was the first Met Gala that allowed trans people to participate.  

I have a soft spot for Common.  I like to see a man show emotion.  And that picture with him and his Mom:  Sweetness.  I had no idea he was 47.  Damn he's aging fine.

I can't stand Anna Wintour and do not understand the worship she receives.  But then I don't worship fashion, so what do I know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Well, I did watch Dr. Biden as I said I would. She is a lovely woman, and a great asset to Biden's campaign. Did she ever have children of her own? I was hoping she would tell us about them, if, indeed, she did have biological kids. When MM starts her "grief" act, I wish someone would point out to her that many people wake up in the morning having their loved ones here. That night, they may not still have those they love anymore. Life can change so quickly and tragically, to young and old alike. MM needs to realize not everyone has a chance to say "good bye and I love you" like she  presumably did.  

She gave Biden a daughter I believe and raised the two boys with him.  I just roll my eyes when Megan speaks about her grief, she acts like she is the only to have ever suffered a loss.  Personally, I feel that she can go see a psychiatrist and work out her issues, it is why I cannot feel sorry for her at all when she starts her spiel about grief.  She has never spoken about her grandmother who as a centenarian buried her son. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She gave Biden a daughter I believe and raised the two boys with him.  I just roll my eyes when Megan speaks about her grief, she acts like she is the only to have ever suffered a loss.  Personally, I feel that she can go see a psychiatrist and work out her issues, it is why I cannot feel sorry for her at all when she starts her spiel about grief.  She has never spoken about her grandmother who as centenarian buried her son. 

Thanks for the info regarding Dr. Biden's daughter. Yes, I agree so much with what you said. Losing a child, no matter what their age, has to be the worst grief imaginable. And we're seeing so many young children taken away much too soon by school shootings. I was glad they talked about that very subject with Jill Biden. Imagine, teachers now instruct their students, on the first day of class, what to do if a shooter starts attacking. Tragic and horrific is what our society has become. 

• Love 15

Meghan is there no reason to so enamored with your own health.

You're overweight, smoke cigars, drink Jack Daniels and haven't missed a meal of chicken parmesan. Can you spell exercise?

Think again!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Can you spell exercise?

Oh, didn't you get the memo?  She takes spinning classes at Soul Cycle.  😜🙄

Gosh, I didn't get the memo. Really?

I imagine Meghan get's winded walking in to gym much less taking a spin class.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I agree. The thing is, she actually believes that a certain kind of cancer is more tragic, more noble, than other diseases.  

We will ALL DIE.  heart disease, diabetes, cancer, accident,  we all go.  We can only hope that it is later rather than sooner, and that people will remember us.  But good lord, when I die I want  my kids to remember me with fondness, not obsess over me and talk, tweet, and grieve publicly for months/years.  

I watched my dad die from the same cancer and it was horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but I think something like Alzheimer's would be worse because the body stays healthy, while the mind goes. I also had a 44-year-old boss die from breast cancer leaving behind three small children.  It is the normal course of life for parents to die before children.  Maybe because John's mom is still alive, Megan thought her dad would never die. 

Back onto topic and today's show.  I really like what Jill (or Dr. Biden) had to say from talking about marrying Joe and becoming a mom to his sons to her talking about teaching.  

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

In case you are interested, the MM interview with Seth Meyer has been posted on his shows forum by a much more tech savvy person than me. 🧐

I have been informed there is a lot about this topic under the Megan tab.  Good read.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

On a recent episode, I cannot remember which one, NutMeg was proudly spouting that she is a straight shooter, and that she has been told that she has changed the culture once she joined the panel on The View, because she is first panellist of this kind.  Sunny had that sipping tea face on, waiting for something to happen, and Whoopi objected saying that she's been a straight shooter for 60 years, and shrugging her shoulders.  Sunny started to grin some more but continued looking at her cards, and NutMeg tried to say more and the show was over (or they went to break, cannot remember). 👀  I think Whoopi is getting her groove back.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

I was surprised that Seth took her to school like that and she seemed surprised/stunned too.  Hope it shows up on YouTube so you can see it. Yea Seth ❣️

Apparently she had Quite the Defender (who later apologized).

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I watched my dad die from the same cancer and it was horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but I think something like Alzheimer's would be worse because the body stays healthy, while the mind goes. I also had a 44-year-old boss die from breast cancer leaving behind three small children.  It is the normal course of life for parents to die before children. 

My son (52) has a rare bile duct cancer with the norm being 10% survivorship.  If anyone can beat this, he can...but I'm with him every day watching him get thinner and thinner (6'1 and now 135) and weaker.  He has radiation twice a day (with a minumum of six hours between treatments). He has chemo. He has surgeries.  He has "procedures."  We practically LIVE at the Mayo Clinic (which would actually be easier than all the driving and waiting-waiting-waiting).  He continues to work as many hours as possible. His skin is yellow and the whites of his blue-blue eyes are almost neon yellow.  I'm sure he looks scary to others.  Meghan simply has no empathy...and probably no experience with the terrible illnesses that many other families have to deal with. Families without the wealth and connections for "the best care."  If she weren't such a bitch about everything else, I'd give her a pass on her ignorance...but I just can't.  (He fought lymphoma and won when he was in his late 20s).

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm just not sure I believe that her students didnt realize she was the VP's wife. Did the secret service not tip them off?

I'd believe it if her students were in grades lower than fifth...but she teaches at a university.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

HaaCHOO, I wish you, your brave son, and all of your family the best possible outcome in dealing with this overwhelming heartache. MM has no concept of what others have to cope with every single day. She thinks she has suffered more than anyone. And, she probably wouldn't even care about others, either. I hope, somehow, she sees your post and wises up about life (and death).

• Love 22
(edited)
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Happy Whoopee  had good nurses.     

When they all turned up in the View's audience, how many were left at the hospital to attend to all the patients?  There had to be at least 2 from each shift.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

My son (52) has a rare bile duct cancer with the norm being 10% survivorship.  If anyone can beat this, he can...but I'm with him every day watching him get thinner and thinner (6'1 and now 135) and weaker.  He has radiation twice a day (with a minumum of six hours between treatments). He has chemo. He has surgeries.  He has "procedures."  We practically LIVE at the Mayo Clinic (which would actually be easier than all the driving and waiting-waiting-waiting).  He continues to work as many hours as possible. His skin is yellow and the whites of his blue-blue eyes are almost neon yellow.  I'm sure he looks scary to others.  Meghan simply has no empathy...and probably no experience with the terrible illnesses that many other families have to deal with. Families without the wealth and connections for "the best care."  If she weren't such a bitch about everything else, I'd give her a pass on her ignorance...but I just can't.  (He fought lymphoma and won when he was in his late 20s).

Aw, sweetie, I just want to give you a big hug. All my good vibes are going out to you and your son.

My dad died at 59. I was in my early 20s. I would have loved to have had him into his 80s.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I've heard Meghan say it, I don't know if Clay shares that opinion.

I think he does, unfortunately.  Besides hanging out with her now and then, he regularly retweets her and he came to her defense on Twitter after the Great Cactus Debacle.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't understand why there has to be "worse" deaths or "worse" grief. One's loss is the most important loss to him/her/them. It sucks to lose a child. It sucks to lose a parent. It sucks when they're 10. It sucks when they're 100. It just really sucks to lose someone you really love. Period. You are never ready no matter how long the person has been sick, how much healthcare they had, how rich you are or whether you got to say "goodbye." Death is totally shitty.

I was so happy to hear Dr. Jill Biden admit to a crisis of faith. And it prompted Meghan's own similar admission, which anyone who watches this show has already figured out. I am hoping Meghan has a similar breakthrough as Dr. Biden did so she can move past the angry phase of grieving. I don't think 8 months is an abnormally long time to grieve at all; it's the angry phase that seems to be hurting Meghan. And on a selfish note, it would be nice to have the old Meghan back on The View.

P.S. Call me, Common. I'll be your Michelle Obama!

• Love 15

@Apprentice79 I hear you and I feel you. A better version of Meghan would be one in which she sought experiences different than her own to gain a broader world view and some more empathy. Many rich-born youth could stand to do the same. And I have no problem with the ridicule of her knowledge, presentation, speech, etc.

I just really think it is out of bounds to minimize Meghan's loss or make fun of her weight because one doesn't like/respect her. It makes the diminisher no better than they claim she is.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand what you mean about loss and grief, but Megan has been angry for years and has always had a nasty disposition.  She is a hostile person and has a way of speaking in a derisive tone loaded with smugness. There is a video on here where she attacks Chelsea Clinton for no reason. It was just a shitty thing to do because she is a shitty person, her grief is just lowering her inhibitions in my opinion. I also think she has no idea who she is, so she plays a role. First, it was being a moderate Republican who would appeal to the youth. Now, she is a right wing angry Republican who has to explain to us ignorant masses about middle America.. 

Applause!

• Love 13
Just now, mongoose said:

Applause!

She just isn't a nice person, and is insecure on top of that. Insecurity manifests itself in so many ways, and in most cases, I think people understand and give the person more leeway, but in her case, her anger keeps people on edge. 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is a video on here where she attacks Chelsea Clinton for no reason. It was just a shitty thing to do because she is a shitty person, her grief is just lowering her inhibitions in my opinion.

And perhaps she knows everyone is kinder than she is and she expects us to give her a break and another and another and...   After all, hasn't her poor behavior been overlooked for decades?

• Love 11
17 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Prayers for healing for your son, and peace for you.

• Love 22

Whoopie acts like if she doesn’t wish her daughter a happy birthday early in the show, Alex isn’t going to allow Whoopie to continue to support her.  And, her kids, and her grandchildren....

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie acts like if she doesn’t wish her daughter a happy birthday early in the show, Alex isn’t going to allow Whoopie to continue to support her.  And, her kids, and her grandchildren....

Followed by a segment about mothers and daughters who won’t sever the bond. Good timing. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meggie is awfully chipper this morning. 

Probably because she knows they won't be talking about... ya know, the thing most people talked about yesterday...

Because HER producers, Brian and Whoopi, made sure nothing would be said or hinted to upset their little princess. They probably called in the others for an "important" early meeting  (Whoopi was unavoidably late).

It's NOT because she's a "tough chick."

• Love 18
(edited)
18 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
23 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm just not sure I believe that her students didnt realize she was the VP's wife. Did the secret service not tip them off?

I'd believe it if her students were in grades lower than fifth...but she teaches at a university.

She teaches at Northern Virginia Community College, which is a mix of all ages.

I do believe some students didn't know who she was. She said when people ask her about Joe Biden, she says she is a relative.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don't understand why Meghan is bringing up the patriotism of the young man who was murdered and his family. That's wonderful, but what does that have to do with anything?

What is so sad is that  young man was willing to protect his fellow classmates when there are so many adults who are not.

• Love 21