Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/6/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I got a really big feeling of sour grapes from the ladies when Whoopi was congratulated the Daytime Emmy Award winners.  I think I even heard Joy mutter "Whatever".  

That seemed very petty of all of them.

I get that they were disappointed, but show some class, ladies!!   The hosts that won don't scream in anger at their audiences, they don't get into pissing matches with each other, and they ostensibly, seem to get along with each other.  Maybe those are some of the reasons why the ladies of The View didn't walk away with the trophy.

And, I hope they really didn't expect to win over KLG and Hoda - especially with KLG making this past year "the year of her retirement from daytime tv", for now.  Of course, KLG would get the Emmy!

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did sunny really say she'd hide a body for her kids? If she did I'm shocked.  A mother might think that (I wouldn't) but an attorney on TV saying that huh? I remember Megh saying that she'd do that for dad or family.

Yes, she did. 

I loved Joy asking Crenshaw how can he apologize for Trump when even he is troubled by T’s character. 

• Love 16

I was watching Joy's face every time Meghan was gushing about their new found togetherness . She was almost cringing . The picture in Blondie's post says it all .

At this point Joy and Meghan as pals is never going to happen , no matter how badly Meghan wants it to , Don't mistake agreeing with you for liking you .

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I was watching Joy's face every time Meghan was gushing about their new found togetherness . She was almost cringing . The picture in Blondie's post says it all .

At this point Joy and Meghan as pals is never going to happen , no matter how badly Meghan wants it to , Don't mistake agreeing with you for liking you .

Yes the look on Joy's face when Meghan was muttering that Abby wasn't stupid was priceless. The thought bubble above her head said *oh , here goes this bitch again * at least it did in my mind lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

I will, for sure, watch on Wed. to see Dr. Jill Biden. Over the years she has proven to be a lady of substance, intelligence, and compassion. How will MM react to see a woman who has all the admirable traits she so lacks???? JMHO, but I will be watching!!!

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did sunny really say she'd hide a body for her kids? If she did I'm shocked.  A mother might think that (I wouldn't) but an attorney on TV saying that huh? I remember Megh saying that she'd do that for dad or family.

Sunny was right to correct Abby. What she said WAS stupid.

#familyvalues

Off the top of my head, there isn't a single personal related topic that Sunny engages in that doesn't make me roll my eyes. She has given her husband an open license to cheat because she's already told the world that she wouldn't divorce him over it. She's telling the world she'd hide a body for her kids. Lawyer or not, it's a downright stupid thing to say to anyone.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

#familyvalues

Off the top of my head, there isn't a single personal related topic that Sunny engages in that doesn't make me roll my eyes. She has given her husband an open license to cheat because she's already told the world that she wouldn't divorce him over it. She's telling the world she'd hide a body for her kids. Lawyer or not, it's a downright stupid thing to say to anyone.

Yikes! Some of her statements are truly weird and TMI. I know she is very educated, so why does she says these dumb things that make you wonder where the heck she's coming from??

• Love 15
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

#familyvalues

I am shocked she said that. Dont ask me why,  I just am. 

Yeah, I'll never understand when people say that cheating isn't a deal breaker , whatwhat??

• Love 11
1 minute ago, PennyPie18 said:

Yikes! Some of her statements are truly weird and TMI. I know she is very educated, so why does she says these dumb things that make you wonder where the heck she's coming from??

Sunny is book smart but dumb in other ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I will, for sure, watch on Wed. to see Dr. Jill Biden. Over the years she has proven to be a lady of substance, intelligence, and compassion. How will MM react to see a woman who has all the admirable traits she so lacks???? JMHO, but I will be watching!!!

I'm sure she will be drooling all over her "aunt".

38 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

#familyvalues

I'm pretty sure she won't need to divorce him only because he will be dead.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys notice how Megan had a pain expression on her face when the ladies were gushing over the Sussex baby who was just born. Prince Harry's joy at having witness his son's birth did not elicit anything from Nutmeg's cold heart. Yet, the Megan defenders will say that people hate her because she is a Republican. No, she is hated because she is an asshole that cannot see the beauty of a new baby being born, but, she is pro-life you guys, not!  

MM probably thought people were talking about the new royal baby to rub it in that she is childless, since everything has to be about her.

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Why would they drop something that makes them buckets of money?!

You mean not everyone just fast forwards thru those segments? People buy this stuff?  huh...

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

If Whoopi saves the Valley Girl voice just for mocking Meghan, once an episode would be fine with me!

I'd love to see Joy try it 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

You mean not everyone just fast forwards thru those segments? People buy this stuff?  huh...

There might be some nice things on there, I don't know.  I have occasionally been tempted to order something, but never did.   I object to the way it's presented -  here's an item we all know is worth about $15.  But we'll SAY it's "regularly $30", but TODAY it's half price.  I'm not that easily fooled. 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I object to the way it's presented -  here's an item we all know is worth about $15.  But we'll SAY it's "regularly $30", but TODAY it's half price.  I'm not that easily fooled. 

Preach. I am stunned that people fall for that. I had the tv on another show -maybe Sarah's show? I saw they were doing the same schtick over there with over enthusiastic promotion of garbage products that were slashed to half price. 

• Love 3

Sunny was on fire today again.

agreed with the poster up thread who said something has happened between she and Megan. They were  series and drinking buddies and now...not so much. For now at least. It’s why MM was cozying up to Joy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

I will, for sure, watch on Wed. to see Dr. Jill Biden. Over the years she has proven to be a lady of substance, intelligence, and compassion. How will MM react to see a woman who has all the admirable traits she so lacks????

I actually think Meghan will be nice to Jill Biden, only because Meghan loves Joe.

But she will make it all about herself and her father, yet again.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Preach. I am stunned that people fall for that. I had the tv on another show -maybe Sarah's show? I saw they were doing the same schtick over there with over enthusiastic promotion of garbage products that were slashed to half price. 

View Your Deal was introduced when there was a plan to turn The View into the third hour of GMA

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I actually think Meghan will be nice to Jill Biden, only because Meghan loves Joe.

But she will make it all about herself and her father, yet again.

And Dr. Biden will gush all over Meghan because of her father.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And Dr. Biden will gush all over Meghan because of her father.

And they'll spend too much time talking about Joe's touchy-feelyness.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure she will be drooling all over her "aunt".

I'm pretty sure she won't need to divorce him only because he will be dead.

LOL...well at the rate she talks about her temper, that may not be out of the realm of possibility!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, cinsays said:

14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

There might be some nice things on there, I don't know.  I have occasionally been tempted to order something, but never did.   I object to the way it's presented -  here's an item we all know is worth about $15.  But we'll SAY it's "regularly $30", but TODAY it's half price.  I'm not that easily fooled. 

Ok, I agree there's a lot of stuff I would never need at any price, especially the crap hawked by perky, hyper Greta Monahan. But sometimes (ok, rarely) the Oprah edition has some nicer, higher-end things. 

Yesterday it was Wolf leather jewelry cases. A friend has one she bought at Pottery Barn and the larger ones go for at least $300-$500. No way would I pay that, but VYD had great prices. I did my internet research first, and no one could touch them, Amazon included. So I ordered an XL one for $99, free shipping no tax. Stated retail $445 might be high but really not off-base for this brand. Can't wait to get it!

Another thing I bought before was Peepers reading/sunglasses for half-price. $11 vs. $22 on their website, also totally worth it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Cementhead said:

THE YELLING over everyone from Meghan right now! 

And the constant looking up at her own image....  and btw - Stevie Nicks is from Sedona!!!!!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

And then because Meghan is yelling, everyone else has to start yelling and then Whoopi is yelling the loudest and I cannot hear anything anyone is saying!  All of this over a 'Is Madonna old?'  discussion.  Really not something worth getting so worked up over.  Cripes.  Meghan gets SO worked up over every topic!  "OMG, I LOVE STEVIE NICKS!!!  OMG, I LOVE HER!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

And then because Meghan is yelling, everyone else has to start yelling and then Whoopi is yelling the loudest and I cannot hear anything anyone is saying!  All of this over a 'Is Madonna old?'  discussion.  Really not something worth getting so worked up over.  Cripes.  Meghan gets SO worked up over every topic!  "OMG, I LOVE STEVIE NICKS!!!  OMG, I LOVE HER!"

I haven't watched yet. But wanted to add Stevie Nicks is of course from Arizona.  

I also love Stevie Nicks,  I'm sure Meghan's loves for her is only because she's from Arizona. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't watched yet. But wanted to add Stevie Nicks is of course from Arizona.  

I also love Stevie Nicks,  I'm sure Meghan's loves for her is only because she's from Arizona. 

And I assure you, Meghan loves her more than you do!

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Today's show seems... disjointed, more so than usual. 

I think the Keurig machine was working overtime this morning because everyone seems over-caffeinated or something. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

I think the Keurig machine was working overtime this morning because everyone seems over-caffeinated or something. 

Yes! A lot of talking over one another, again more so than usual. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I know Joe S is a ginormous blowhard but dang, if he wasn’t saying all the things that need saying!

What did he say? I cannot bear to watch him for long. Plus, his show gave a certain person free publicity. I do think that he and Mika had a beautiful wedding from the pictures that were posted online..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh big boo hoo Madonna. You are healthy, have health insurance, dental, vision, hearing, and great surgeons, wealth, fame, houses plural. GMAFB already. Many folks would love to have half that

Edited by ari333
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

What did he say? I cannot bear to watch him for long.  I do think that he and Mika had a beautiful wedding from the pictures that were posted online..

Mostly agreeing with Joy that the Reps in office are sniveling ass kissers who have zero integrity. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I know Joe S is a ginormous blowhard but dang, if he wasn’t saying all the things that need saying!

I love Joe!  He does like to talk- a lot!  But I learn a lot from watching their show.   They have many different political views, and often as many as 5 different people at the table.  I have yet to see anyone on that show scream over each other, insult each other , or almost cry.  In the commercials for the View, Meghan says anyone who wants to achieve the next level in politics must come on their show. I think Morning Joe is that show 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, After7Only said:

Not sure if Dan Crenshaw was worthy of 3 segments on this show.  He's not running for President, and doesn't have a book to sell.  And he wasn't that terribly interesting.  

He started out OK, but the more he talked the less interesting I found him.  His stats were starting to sound shady (either made up or taken out of context), and I'm glad Sunny pushed back.   And why is context important when discussing Trump and Russia.  But not important when discussing Rep. Omar's statements?    

And yes, Whoopi mocking MM was definitely a highlight.   

His stats were governmental stats. Where did Sunny get her stats that supposedly debunked them? She shouldn’t have treated a guest that way unless she actually was able tocite specific studies or stats debunking them. To me it just came off as Sunny being very rude.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I love Joe!  He does like to talk- a lot!  But I learn a lot from watching their show.   They have many different political views, and often as many as 5 different people at the table.  I have yet to see anyone on that show scream over each other, insult each other , or almost cry.  In the commercials for the View, Meghan says anyone who wants to achieve the next level in politics must come on their show. I think Morning Joe is that show 

The thing about Joe is that once in a while his suppressed contempt for Democrats comes out loud and clear. I do agree with you that his panel is awesome and he has wonderful topics. I am still upset by the free publicity that was given until his association with that person came back to haunt him via Mika.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Omg, thank you!  I missed Whoopi mocking Meghan this morning.  That was as awesome as everyone said it was.  I shall re-watch it a few more times because it makes me happy.  🤣  I don't even think I will ever bitch about Whoopi's valley girl voice ever again. 

What I noticed was how quiet Meghan got (fiddling with her hair, drinking her coffee) when Joy and Sunni were talking about being from Brooklyn and the Bronx, respectively. I was wishing she'd try to jump in with something about being from the "mean" streets of Arizona. 😁

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

I can understand how some are irritated by Joe.  He does like to hear himself talk.  But there have been many mornings when he said exactly what I was feeling, and I could feel his disgust and anger, and while it doesn't exactly give me hope, at least I know there are some in the media who are as outraged as I am.

• Love 14
Just now, carrps said:

What I noticed was how quiet Meghan got (fiddling with her hair, drinking her coffee) when Joy and Sunni were talking about being from Brooklyn and the Bronx, respectively. I was wishing she'd try to jump in with something about being from the "mean" streets of Arizona. 😁

She did say that Joe Biden would go all Delaware on Trump yesterday. I am trying to understand what does that mean to go all Delaware on somebody. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4