Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I was at work until almost midnight last night and when I saw Mr. Natalie I told him I had to watch because I heard it was CRAZY.  He said, yes you do, I watched part of it and you will hate her.  He has turned into a Pounder!  I watched the midnight showing but only lasted an hour.  I get to watch the ending tonight.  

Oh yay, he's one of US now! Please give Mr. Natalie all my love. I hope that you two lovebirds will watch that last hour together tonight preferably with the appropriate snacks: onion rings and tacos--Angie's favorites--and one of those huge double bottles of wine with two very long straws. But, tsk, tsk, no meth okay? 😊

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
(edited)

I missed the first hour of this show...Why? Because I got in late and still had to get on the treadmill to earn my Wednesday night treat, this show. Wow this one, Angie was something else. Angie had such a shitty attitude, how dare she speak to Dr  Now or everyone else that way. She offers nothing to anyone around her, F her (I'm still upset!! Ughh) 

Edited by Pretty5Vacant
Extra word
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I just LOVE the "I hope Dr. Now is understanding about all the stress I've had". Uhm, no he won't be! This is proof that they have not seen the show before.

I  think they may have seen the show before, but their delusions tell them "Dr Now didn't say that " or "Dr. Now said it, but he didn't really, really mean  it" and "everyone is different, and I know myself better than he does."

She outranks Penny on my list of the really awful people.   Perhaps it is because her episode ran an hour longer, it gave me more time to find her to be a nasty creature.   I did not like Justin, but I am glad he left.  I hope he stays away.  And I hope she stays in Houston away from Desiree and those grandchildren.   She is the most toxic person that I can recall on this show.

I hope Mandy leaves, too. 

• Love 6

I am conscious of the mod's note about finances, but I think it's okay to speculate that she's probably selling drugs. People who use mountains of drugs almost always have to sell drugs too in order to cover their own costs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

And over on the live chat, someone commented that a woman with a young child wouldn't go to prison just for accessory to burglary, particularly if it was a first offense. That matches my experience, too (I've been a volunteer teacher in the local women's prison). No way they go to prison on the first offense. They get probation, diversion programs, etc. They don't wind up in prison til they've committed multiple serious offenses (yes, I'm sure there are exceptions). So if she was selling drugs and committing burglaries and maybe throw in a few violent offenses, THEN she'd end up in prison.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Azubah said:

I am conscious of the mod's note about finances, but I think it's okay to speculate that she's probably selling drugs. People who use mountains of drugs almost always have to sell drugs too in order to cover their own costs. 

ITA about the drugs. I was about to post that I would bet good money that those folks definitely have some kind of side hustle going on and I sure as Hell don't mean Uber!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Congratulations, Natalie68!   You've brought him to the dark side.  

Thank god!  He refuses to hate watch the Duggars with me.  He won't admit to watching HWs with me but when he tosses out a Kadooz he blows his cover.  A couple that watches terrible people on tv together stay together!  HA!

1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh yay, he's one of US now! Please give Mr. Natalie all my love. I hope that you two lovebirds will watch that last hour together tonight preferably with the appropriate snacks: onion rings and tacos--Angie's favorites--and one of those huge double bottles of wine with two very long straws. But, tsk, tsk, no meth okay? 😊

Man, I didn't know there were RULES!!!!  I too am surprised to learn one can be fat AND a meth user.  This forum is a public service announcement really.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)

Doug, from a couple of seasons ago, and a follow up episode was an overweight meth user too at one time, and Kirsten (with the teen son Niko) was reputed to be a meth user, among other drugs.    Not all drug abusers are skinny, bordering on emaciated.   

The move in to the apartment in Houston, and then later at Dr. Now's appointments, everyone was stoned.    When Justin came back to his love muffin right before they moved to Houston, he was higher than a kite.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Lauren Bacall and Beau Arthur had dulcet tones. 

The reason I put her on top of Steven or Schenee is that she’s a mom. When you become a mom, you no longer have the right to act this way. I take in teens and young adults who have aged out of foster care. Most have fetal alcohol. They are so screwed up that they have very small potential for a decent future. Average life expectancy for a kid with fasd is 34. 

Angie didn't get this far, but one thing that drives me nuts with these people is when they hit a wall and, as a last resort Dr. Now admits them and puts them on a medically supervised diet that's 800 calories a day, and then when their weight drops 100lbs in a month or two, they narrate, "I'm so proud of all the progress I've made."

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)

. For this biatch to say "I'm fat because I let everyone always dump on me" makes me cringe. I can call her a lot of things but DOORMAT is not one of them.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Friday said:

And this is the first one I could not watch in one sitting!  Finished the last hour this morning after my third cup of coffee.

She never even made enough progress to get a Dr. Lola session!  Love her or hate her (I personally love her and Dr. Paradise too), doesn't seem like a real episode without a therapy appointment.

Physicians seldom refer someone for therapy who is actively abusing drugs. It is pointless because the therapist is just hearing the incoherent perception of a patient who is under the influence(s). Essentially, the drug(s) are speaking.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I watched an hour of this trainwreck before I realized that Angie's daughter was pregnant. I'm going to Hell, and I do not care.

Angie: This is about ME. FINALLY. I always do everything for everyone ELSE, and now it's time to do something for ME. I can't believe Desiree won't uproot her life at my beck and call and move 18 hours away!

Me: Bitch, everything is already about you! You have two people who've given up their entire lives to do nothing more than FEED YOU. What on earth are you doing for EVERYONE ELSE from your damn bed?

She reminded me of Maja with her instant histrionics and her perpetual victimhood--"the real estate agent LIED", and of Angela of a few weeks ago, who sacrificed her health--her HEALTH!--to take care of her-niece? 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I was at work until almost midnight last night and when I saw Mr. Natalie I told him I had to watch because I heard it was CRAZY.  He said, yes you do, I watched part of it and you will hate her.  He has turned into a Pounder!  I watched the midnight showing but only lasted an hour.  I get to watch the ending tonight.  

(rubbing hands together) good......good. Another one joins the Pounder dark side. Gee, we're getting to be like Scientology or the Hare Krishnas! 

29 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

The reason I put her on top of Steven or Schenee is that she’s a mom. When you become a mom, you no longer have the right to act this way. I take in teens and young adults who have aged out of foster care. Most have fetal alcohol. They are so screwed up that they have very small potential for a decent future. Average life expectancy for a kid with fasd is 34. 

You're a mensch. May blessings rain down upon you for doing this good thing. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
(edited)

Did the boyfriend have "kale" tatooed on his arm?

Eeewww, he inhales/shovels his food in a manner even more disgusting than her.  Was he never taught any table manners?

I would be moritified if my silhoutte displayed the outline of a cellphone at my bustline.  With her - the sweat, smells and crust!  I want to vomit.

That was the oddest kitchen tool she was peeling/slicing the zucchini with.  What is that called?

Eta:  What did the BFs t-shirt say, after, "I get enough exercise?"  

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, nokat said:

Natalie, this is so awful. Even when the police get involved, there is so little you can do.  Unfortunately, getting taken by a con artist gives you little legal recourse.

Thank you!  They actually told my sister that since they were together a fair amount of time it wasn't abuse (broken bones, alienation, major theft is just part of the evidence).  She asked if they told that to all the beaten partners/spouses they come across.  They actually found her papers where she was practicing man #2's signature and the paperwork (POA) she was going to write it on.  Told that family (like ours) that the man was suffering from alzheimers.  Once man #2 got away from her he is 100% normal and he knows he was drugged.  But nothing to see here!

It makes me sad to see all the family members that have to deal with these ultra large folks.  Caregiving someone that large with equally large bad attitudes has to be hell on earth.  I really felt awful for Daisy and future baby.  That is no life whatsoever.  Daisy will eventually become Desiree's cooker/bum wiper/groin spelunker.  Chicken/egg question.  Was Angie this big of a bitch before becoming large and in charge or is that a result of drug/food addiction?  When she was making her shopping list and talking about how she has to have exactly what she wants I wanted someone to say well Large Marge, you want it go out and get it.  Honestly she was a beast with or without exactly what she wanted so slap on some earphones and let her tantrum.  Maybe the extra agitation would burn a calorie or two.

• Love 5

This episode mostly pissed me off, after I laughed at the idiocy. How many people would have embraced this opportunity to have Dr. Now help them? Instead we get a liar who was a useless piece of flesh. That entire group of druggies in Dr. Now's office, you could tell he was done.

• Love 7

Pounders,

Several posts regarding personal family issues have been hidden.  You can discuss these topics in Small Talk.  This is the Angie J. episode thread.  You may recall her?  Has a sparkling personality that ensnared Justin. Expected her daughter to be so taken with her that of course she was willing to leave her baby daddy while pregnant to accompany her in Houston. Really knows her way around an onion ring. Has a wheelchair too wide to fit through Dr. Now's exam room door.  She's a charmer! Let's talk about her and her merry band of druggies friends. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When she was making her shopping list and talking about how she has to have exactly what she wants I wanted someone to say well Large Marge, you want it go out and get it.

Yes, that needs to happen. But then I'd leave them with little food for the day, and make them get up to get it. Earplugs for the screaming and cussing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

The willful ignorance of these people astounds me.  Every single person, over many seasons, are handed a diet as soon as they walk in the door.  They all look at it (if they look at it at all and just don't just throw it in the trash on the way out)  like it's some indecipherable language.  They are weighed at the getgo, quizzed about their eating habit and given a weight loss goal.  Every. Single. Time.  

I can't believe that none of these people haven't seen at least a few episodes of this show.  I'll give a pass to the first season folks.  But it seems like the sense of shock and surprise after the first visit is the same with about 98% of people.  I didn't know the diet starts TODAY!  And none of them any knowledge of nutrition whatsoever.  I know I'm stating the obvious, but there is this crazy thing called the internet.  I know they know a thing or two about that.

WTH?  I just don't get it.  Princess Angie is the worst yet and that's saying something.  She should make herself a pretty little crown out of onion rings and cigarette butts and crown herself the worst of the worst.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Put a hoodie on her and with that nose, chin and mouth she looks like Igor in Young Frankenstein. Especially when she opens her eyes wide and acts all indignant. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

If PrincessPurrsALot doesn't make you want to watch this episode, nothing else will. What was it, 24 pages of live chat for Angie? A record!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, gardendiva said:

She actually has 2 different Facebook pages, and the one under Angela Dunham-Johns does not have the commenting turned off under one post, and she is getting HAMMERED by comments, especially since she turned off commenting on her GoFundMe. I am wondering how long it will be before she starts locking down her Facebook.

Have you tried the Facebook page for the show?  I haven't looked, but I know with My Big Fat... TLC page, it isn't controlled by Whitney, or at least it didn't used to be.
I'll have to look later.

• Love 1

The scale is wrong. The blood tests are wrong. And everything is UNFAIR. 

Good thinking, honey  

Take your junkie husband and your dealer “friend”, Mandy, and head on back to Trashville Ohio  

Maybe you can get a discount on your next tat because, Lord knows, you wouldn’t want to waste money on a Dentist or anything like that  

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, newyawk said:

Every time one of these people says, "I'm starving," I want to say back, 'Well, no, if you were starving, you wouldn't need to see Dr. Now."

Who was the one who told Dr. Now that she was bulimic?  

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hubby came in mid episode and said "why do you watch that?"   I had to think a minute.  Finally I said we folks on the forum considered it entertainment at its best.  And every now and then someone was actually successful.

I think a big part of it is coming here.  
It wouldn't be so entertaining if you didn't have others to share the snark with.  Or at least that's how I feel.

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, toodles said:

The willful ignorance of these people astounds me.  Every single person, over many seasons, are handed a diet as soon as they walk in the door.  They all look at it (if they look at it at all and just don't just throw it in the trash on the way out)  like it's some indecipherable language.  They are weighed at the getgo, quizzed about their eating habit and given a weight loss goal.  Every. Single. Time.  

I can't believe that none of these people haven't seen at least a few episodes of this show.  I'll give a pass to the first season folks.  But it seems like the sense of shock and surprise after the first visit is the same with about 98% of people.  I didn't know the diet starts TODAY!  And none of them any knowledge of nutrition whatsoever.  I know I'm stating the obvious, but there is this crazy thing called the internet.  I know they know a thing or two about that.

WTH?  I just don't get it.  Princess Angie is the worst yet and that's saying something.  She should make herself a pretty little crown out of onion rings and cigarette butts and crown herself the worst of the worst.

They need to have a "grocery store" like I saw on a British show once.  It wasn't a real store, but it had many of the items in a real store, but they were packaged in one calorie plastic boxes so you could see exactly how much of a coke was 100 calories and how big a piece of cake was 100 calories.   It was very interesting to see people thinking about the best combination of items to reach 1200 calories per day.   I think Angie was much too far gone for this, but I think something similar would help more normal thinking patients.

Also I think for those that have any knowledge of weight loss they get it from mags and tv shows that are aimed at people who want to lose about 10-30 pounds and they apply that to themselves and are puzzled that they can't lose 30 pound in one munt.

She was indeed the queen of the worst.  She would probably have been as nasty as Steven Assanti had she been admitted to the hospital, and that's saying alot, but they both are very similar.

I really worry about her daughters and grandkids.  Both daughters are going to need WLS in a few years.  

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Put a hoodie on her and with that nose, chin and mouth she looks like Igor in Young Frankenstein. Especially when she opens her eyes wide and acts all indignant. 

but he wasn't obese.    And I liked him.  Her, not at all.   She was awful.  Just awful. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

Good thinking, honey  

Take your junkie husband and your dealer “friend”, Mandy, and head on back to Trashville Ohio  

Maybe you can get a discount on your next tat because, Lord knows, you wouldn’t want to waste money on a Dentist or anything like that  

I was wondering why she had the same tank top on under her clothes in every scene.  It was perhaps 40 min in before I realized that it was an ugly tatoo.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Swiss said:

I wish TLC would do a Reunion show for 600lb Life like they do for their other shows..and a Behind The Scenes show as well.   Can you imagine what the reunion show would look like?? Featuring Penny, Shennae, James K, Steven, Nicole, and Angie from last night.   It could feature the Best of the Worst!! The Craft Services people wouldn't be able to keep up with the food consumption on the set!

The Behind the Scenes show could feature Dr Now, the dark-haired nurse in his office who used to call out the patient's names...what happened to her? I would love to hear from the camera crews that follow these lardbutts around for a year.  Can you imagine all the things they have seen that don't make it through editing? All the firemen and paramedics who have had to cut and carry these people out of their house.

These shows could be ratings gold!

YES!  I'm cracking up at this.  Call Shane Robinson.  
Would there be a fat chair, like the one in Dr. Now's office, for each one?  How many would fit.  Wear your best sheet!

One with just the support crew would be great too.

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

There are a lot of parallels here with Steven Assanti. The big difference is, Steven Assanti never even tried to PRETEND he wasn't an active drug addict. His obvious rock-bottom status made him a slightly more sympathetic character than Angie. Angie thinks she's fooling everybody and that annoys me more than anything.

He didn't have innocent family to harm.  
He was an asshole to hosptial staff, but they didn't tolerate it.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I think a big part of it is coming here.  
It wouldn't be so entertaining if you didn't have others to share the snark with.  Or at least that's how I feel.

I absolutely agree.  I explained the forum to him and how  much fun it was.  He doesn't do internet so trying to explain that was about the same as explaining 1,200 calories to a poundticipant.

He went into the room where another episode was on that TV and when I came back in the house he said he watched some of it while doing something else.  He did remember her name was Mercedes.  I said oh that was a good one!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Perhaps she has a secret career in which people pay to see her hide her chest tattoo with her chins.   

Here's a thought.  The tats have secret messages, and spies use them to communicate.  
Or, and more likely, her vast expanse is rented as training space for student tattoo artistes.

• LOL 11
45 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Who was the one who told Dr. Now that she was bulimic?  

Janine, I believe. Yes, that is your problem sweetheart, you're bulimic! 🤣 I think even Dr. Now was a bit surprised by that level of delusion! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

ITA about the drugs. I was about to post that I would bet good money that those folks definitely have some kind of side hustle going on and I sure as Hell don't mean Uber!

Funny you would mention that because there was an addicted couple on Intervention who made money for drugs by driving for an unnamed food delivery service (like UberEats). But since the poundticipants don't generally fit behind the wheel, I guess that's not really an option for them.

the devil's lettuce

Love it. Working it into daily usage alongside a beloved old House-ism, "cheese is the Devil's plaything."

I always thought that Steven Assante had FASD. They said his mother drank heavily throughout her pregnancy and he seemed to have some of the symptoms. I think Angie was just a nasty human being. I loved how her imminent death was someone's fault other than hers; first her daughter's for refusing to move to Houston with her and later, Dr. Now's for refusing surgery. But never her fault for eating herself to death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

On my goodness! Mr. Sparklepants and I just finished this episode and it took twice as long as usual because we had to keep pausing it to yell abuse at the TV. I have never developed such a deep, pure loathing for a participant the way I did with Angie. The way she manipulated everyone was vile. I don't believe a word of her backstory. She seems like the type who would lie about anything and everything as long as it got her what she wanted.

But here's the thing ... I'd be willing to bet MOST of the other participants are at least somewhat verbally abusive, narcissistic, and manipulative, they just rein it in for the cameras. Angie let it all hang out.

And I'm never staying in a hotel again. Did you see the way her *cough* husband was rubbing his greasy head all over that throw pillow? Nasty!

Edited by MillieSparklepants
  • Love 11
(edited)

People who need money for crises deserve to have GFMs opened for them. All Angie J deserves is a GFY. (last word being Yourself.)

3 hours ago, Midnightblue said:

*steals this*

Edited by newyawk
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Good thinking, honey

That was so much burn, I think we need to call the hot firemen. I volunteer to be carried out like a bloated walrus.
I may need a couple volunteers to get up to the weight.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 7

Oh dear dawg.  Finally flipped this on.  I am not sure I can listen to two hours of this steaming pile of horseshit.

This hawg tries to act so intelligent on the show and her GFM page, yet she hasn't spoken one single grammatically correct sentence so far.  

All the order barking and criticizing of everyone around her is nuts!  Hawg must have a good hookup on the drugs for them to put up with her shit. 

If BF or daughter killed Hawg in her sleep, the prosecution sure wouldn't want me on the jury.  I'd be fine with the good old Texan "she needed killin'" defense.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I'd be fine with the good old Texan "she needed killin'" defense.

There are many people just fine with that, if you look at the live chat. She could also probably feed a family of five for a year. Puts on gasoline panties and climbs on the hell bus.

(The bus to hell is especially full this week, and someone didn't plan ahead and we ran out of gasoline soaked under drawers.)

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4