Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Awwww thank you so much!!! I appreciate the support! And yeah, this woman is the worst. I'm only halfway through, and I can't think of anyone worse except mayyybe Penny!

To be fair to Angie, that one guy was awful - very rude - I think his name was Steve Assanti or something like that? He was mean and rude to nurses and so on.

James from Kentucky was also pretty bad in his own way. He wasn't willing to do anything to lose the weight, and he was using his wife. She was falling apart.

• Love 3

Oh darn, I thought that the second Live Chat stayed active for the whole two-hour second airing.

Oh well, someone mentioned during the Live Chat that she's gonna have a Supersized episode coming up (next Thursday?) and that it would be cool to have another Live Chat during that one. I'm in! All I can say is: Please, please, please, please, please! ☺

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Every time one of these people says, "I'm starving," I want to say back, 'Well, no, if you were starving, you wouldn't need to see Dr. Now."

What a nasty, controlling woman. Wait, let me correct myself. What a nasty, controlling, DELUSIONAL woman.

• Love 19

She's too large to get through the bathroom door, so someone from the apartment complex has to cut away part of the wall.

I cannot imagine. If that were me, I'd seriously reevaluate my life choices and get serious about losing the weight.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I find her GFM to be a head-scratcher. Here's a screen shot of her update posted today: 

1012219282_ScreenShot2019-05-08at8_36_54PM.png.ec4cf9da79d5fb53c6fff2dace74f369.png

GFM originally posted on February 26 which said she wanted $$ to help her move to Houston from Ohio. First update was posted in early March, then the one above today.

So if that's the move we saw in the episode - how did she get okayed for WLS after refusing to go to rehab for her drug addiction and being let go as a patient by Dr. Now? In just, what, a couple of weeks after that final scene we saw in his office?

I don't believe it.

Thanks for the heads-up Jeeves. I found her page and have been reading the comments for the last few minutes. I had to pause and wipe away my tears--seriously--from laughing so much. We are a bunch of candy asses compared to that crowd. They are BRUTAL and brutally honest.

I wonder if she's even read those comments? For her own survival and a reality check about herself, she really ought to. Her delusions are going to be the death of her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoosiermom said:

I would like to read the comments on her go fund me page but I couldn’t find it.😩

Hi hossiermom. Just go to the Go Fund Me home page, do a search of her name and she'll pop up. I entered her full name, Angela Marie Dunham-Johns on their search bar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I love how she kept manipulating people by implying that they had to help her to save her life...and if she didn’t get the help that she would die. As if that was a bad thing.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

I honestly don't know how she lived so long. Between her weight, drugs, smoking...what a hot mess.

Selfish people never die. I learned that a long time ago. She doesn't stress her heart out by trying to help or care about anyone else, so she can just keep going. 

The daughter was almost as big as her though. She needed weight loss surgery and a therapist to get over her mother's crap.

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
(edited)

Okay I just started watching this and my jaw is frozen open. The amount of trauma and psychological red flags is... I’ll get back to you.

Smgdh the way she belittled her daughter’s distress at moving away from her boyfriend and home I almost went through the TV

Edit: holy croutons, I HIGHLY DISLIKE this woman. She is malignantly verbally abusive to her daughter. Get her off my screen. I’m feeling sick. That poor girl.

Edited by sidka
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

She actually has 2 different Facebook pages, and the one under Angela Dunham-Johns does not have the commenting turned off under one post, and she is getting HAMMERED by comments, especially since she turned off commenting on her GoFundMe. I am wondering how long it will be before she starts locking down her Facebook.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I love how she kept manipulating people by implying that they had to help her to save her life...and if she didn’t get the help that she would die. As if that was a bad thing.

The question her family should ask themselves should be "We are saving her life for what ? More evil and nastiness ? Tell her drop dead and walk away..

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

Her latest GFM update. So many lies.  

“it seems im being ambushed by everyone with hatred over my 1st episode yesterday! honestly i dont have to explain anything to anyone because those who know me KNOW the truth! Yes i tested positive for Marijuana and oxycodone prescribed by my dr for years! No i was never told to go to treatment! i wasnt kicked out the doctors office im still very much in his program and was approved for surgery on 5/4 call his office if youd like! the headline of this GoFundMe still says when i needed help.relocating because i figured it was easier to UPDATE AND KEEP this one as opposed to making a new one! i never weighed 700lbs i weighed 582 at my highest and im at 498 now! that ive done on my own so talk what you know. remember everything you see isnt always exactly what its cut up to be so if your here to just run your mouth and be negative, bye! i dont need your negativity! i know what im doing here and thats what im supposed to be doing! for those of you who know me thanks for the constant encouraging words and kind hearts! things are getting better everyday! I was approved for surgery 5/4 so i am going for pre.op testing this week and i will keep you posted ♡ 2nd episode "Where are they now" Season 6 😉 please watch that update!”

1. We all saw your weigh ins.

2. I don’t think Dr Now is working Saturdays. 

3. He told you to your face to stop the drugs and get treatment. 

4. We’re already on season 7 and they don’t tell you when filming what episode you’ll be. 

Jeez guys, it’s just a little marijuana and Oxy prescribed by her ‘doctor’ for years. What’s the big deal?

The thing that really gets me is that presumably, every person who goes on this show has watched the show, yet they are all shocked, appalled, attacked, and offended by the fact that they are expected to:

1) lose weight before surgery 

2) stop drinking ‘pop’

3) quit smoking

4) not use drugs unless they are actual prescriptions approved by Dr Now

5) not lie about everything 

6) be healthy enough to survive surgery

7) be mobile

Edited by rlc
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17

I did have a lively time on Live Chat last night. Man, that's pretty intense.  It helps me keep up my skills.  lol  

I will say that this woman reminds me some people that we see in the public eye. That's all I'll say about that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

It's obvious they don't thoroughly check these participants out before accepting them for the show, or maybe they do and are going for "entertainment" value instead of actual success because this one was beyond vile!  

She's a narcissistic emotional abuser!  And bad things that happened in her childhood doesn't give her a pass to treat those around her like s**t! Especially those who continue to go above and beyond to take care of her.  

• Love 11

I'm still watching this hosebeast from Hell.  Gawd, flashbacks of CHRIS-SHUN and HB Maja, "Supersized."  

What a totally selfish bitch!  Expecting her daughter to be an indentured servant all of her life.  I'm absolutely horrified, and now I have to stop watching for a while.  Mr. Xword just got up, and he refuses to be a Pounder 😞

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, zengirl1215 said:

It's obvious they don't thoroughly check these participants out before accepting them for the show, or maybe they do and are going for "entertainment" value instead of actual success because this one was beyond vile!  

She's a narcissistic emotional abuser!  And bad things that happened in her childhood doesn't give her a pass to treat those around her like s**t! Especially those who continue to go above and beyond to take care of her.  

I lean towards the entertainment value. Everyone went crazy for Steven Assanti--- he was a hit, so they are trying to find people just as bad or worse than him. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hi hossiermom. Just go to the Go Fund Me home page, do a search of her name and she'll pop up. I entered her full name, Angela Marie Dunham-Johns on their search bar.

I did that, got to the page, but don't see comments?

• Useful 2

I will never understand the family dynamics of some of these people. Angie ordering people around, laying on undeserved guilt, playing the victim. I’m from a fairly large family with lots of extended aunts, uncles and cousins. And I guarantee if ANYBODY in the family acted like that, they would find themselves out on the street. Absolutely nobody would put up with that behavior - and rightfully so! And I’m from the most supportive family in the world. When anyone needs help, it’s given with no strings attached, but by golly, they are always totally appreciative and grateful. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I lean towards the entertainment value. Everyone went crazy for Steven Assanti--- he was a hit, so they are trying to find people just as bad or worse than him.

It seems to be that way lately.  Dr Now really doesn't need to be there - although I do love his comebacks.  It's all about the awful obese and their awful family these days.  We're not rooting for them.  We're laughing at them.  It's entertainment.

There's a British show on YouTube 'Fat Doctor' which is completely different if you want something completely different. It's got success stories and normal folk.

But if you want entertainment and gross shock value... then this is the show for you.  

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, gardendiva said:

She actually has 2 different Facebook pages, and the one under Angela Dunham-Johns does not have the commenting turned off under one post, and she is getting HAMMERED by comments, especially since she turned off commenting on her GoFundMe. I am wondering how long it will be before she starts locking down her Facebook.

I almost never look at social media for any of the people on this show, but I just made an exception for her.    There is a post from Christmas 2017 where she says she is divorcing Justin.   He seems to bounce in and out of her life like a bad penny.

9 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh darn, I thought that the second Live Chat stayed active for the whole two-hour second airing.

I did, too.  I don't quite understand how it works for the west coasters.  I was still awake last night when it would have aired there because I was trying to read thru all the live chat and watch The Amazing Race which unfortunately is on at the same time as Dr. Now and then read the comments on that forum.

I am so depressed;  I have to host an end of year pool party next Wednesday night.   So I will miss the live chat.   Maybe I will catch a few minutes after the kids all go home.   

3 hours ago, newyawk said:

From her Go Fund Me page intro:

"I know the surgeon in Texas is my saving grave"

Good proofreading skills are priceless.

Although on the other hand, I can see how Dr. Now would want to kill her.

"i never weighed 700lbs i weighed 582 at my highest"

Macbeth murdered sleep. Angela murdered the English language.

Her math skills don't seem to be much better than her English skills.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

This Jabba The Hut took the cake (and ate it). I couldn’t believe how often she pulled the victim card, typical narcissistic personality disorder. Her poor daughter, I wanted to cry for her as she did EVERYTHING for her mom, while pregnant, and it’s still never enough for that soul-sucking beanbag chair. Her husband’s constant smirk cracked me up. 

Then, Queen of Sheba dismissed the new apartment like she didn’t just uproot everyone to do her bidding. I hope her entire groin area rots and leaves her as well.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

I nominate Coach Mike to go "help" her. After all, according to Dr. Shill, he is the best at motivating the unmotivated.  UPDATE As much as I cannot stand "Coach" Mike, I would not inflict that vile waste of oxygen on him. And that's saying a mouthful. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Whoever said this person topped Shenee was correct.  There just are no words.  Everyone has covered what I am thinking.

Hubby came in mid episode and said "why do you watch that?"   I had to think a minute.  Finally I said we folks on the forum considered it entertainment at its best.  And every now and then someone was actually successful.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, gardendiva said:

Dammit that's too bad about her turning off the comments page. I was reading it well past midnight so she must have done that during the wee hours of the morning; wish I had screen captured those comments.

Amazing but not surprising that she must have read all those comments and her only takeaways were that everyone is just hateful and that you can't always believe what you see on tv, you know, like the obviously defective scale in Dr. Now's office, and then proceed to pack more lies into one paragraph that I didn't think was humanly possible in her defense.

I wonder how many of the seven donors close to her she had to threaten, bully, and guilt trip in order to collect a measley $112.00? Probably Definitely already spent that on food and dope.

This bitch has no shame. 

• Love 6

Oh my, where to begin.  The first few minutes when she started in on "I can't believe I have to ASK my daughter to choose between her boyfriend and coming with me to SAVE MY LIFE" locked me in. I knew it would be a doozy.  And I really get annoyed by how many of these people say, "I've given up everything for everyone else; now it's time to take care of me."  Honestly, you DID decide to take care of yourself- albeit poorly-over the past however many years as you continuously ate crap and got bigger and bigger and decidedly helpless.  And in this case, heap on the fact that this woman broke the law and was imprisoned, then violated her parole and was imprisoned again, used drugs, all the while continuing to bring children into the world... well, that's the most self-centered behavior I could imagine. So get off your effing high horse talking about how selfless you are, Angie.

Dr. Now was at his best this evening. Maybe his script writers are helping him with those zingers. But I do feel deep down that he has concern for these patients who are so self-abusive, not to mention the families they are destroying along the way.

The last few scenes felt like they were copped from "Intervention." The diversion ("ok, I have a confession to make. There was some marijuana in my system"); the tears ("I don't know what I'm doing..."); the anger ("this is so unfair! You've been disrespectful and I have NeVeR been treated like this before!") and then the immediate twisting of all of it even before she walks out the door ("he FALSELY accused me! He LIED about the goals he set for me!") The fact that the family all sat there dumbly while she blatantly lied (as she did when she described her eating habits such as drinking coffee all day to suppress her appetite-ha!) just shows how her malignant dysfunction had spread to them all.

It is maddening that not one of these people (lately, anyway) seem to acknowledge that they have to take some responsibility for their weight loss and subsequently their health. As if the Dr. Now Clinic is a magical way to exchange their bodies for new ones. They all quote "THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE. If I don't get the surgery I WILL DIE." Actually, there are many people who are fat who take control of their lives and use their diets as a way to get healthy and lose weight!  Imagine that!  They do it without TV, without surgery, without Dr. Now. If you choose to leave this world sick and 600 lbs then some of the onus will be on you.  Sorry; that's called taking responsibility for yourself.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I wonder how many of the seven donors close to her she had to threaten, bully, and guilt trip in order to collect a measley $112.00?

One donor was her daughter.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

With all her croaking of "Dr. Now doesn't know what he's talking about," I said out loud in my living room, "He's a DOCTOR. If you got through TENTH GRADE I'd be fuckin' shocked."

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

With all her croaking of "Dr. Now doesn't know what he's talking about," I said out loud in my living room, "He's a DOCTOR. If you got through TENTH GRADE I'd be fuckin' shocked."

Yeah, but, Angie probably thinks he's a fake doctor.  lol  But, one thing we know is that Justin is devoted to their marriage!  Please.....what a hot mess that entire family is.  And WHY was that lady laughing and smiling as they left Dr. Now's office for the last time? Did she find the prospect of Angie going to rehab that humorous? 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Oh, no! The GFM is up to $80 now!

Well, it is up to $112 now.  I was surprised to see she only asked for $1200 and that the account had been up for 2 months.  The one time I contributed to a GFM account, it was only open for 30 days.   It was to pay funeral expenses for a friend.  I thought they only had 30 days for fundraising.  Or maybe it is Kickstarter that has a time limit.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 1
(edited)

Update #2 on the begging site is hysterical.   She claims she never weighed over 600 lbs, she says she never left the program, and is filming for her update show now (except she says for season 6, we're already in season 7), and was approved at 498 lbs for surgery on 5/4. 

She has now edited the update to take out the most ridiculous claims.  

Note to Angie, 'multiple' narcotics does not mean only oxy, and weed, but 'multiple' narcotics.   

Donations are pouring in!   She's up to $132 now, $52 dollars more raised in the last few hours.   Sadly, she turned comments off. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Whoever said this person topped Shenee was correct.  There just are no words.  Everyone has covered what I am thinking.

Hubby came in mid episode and said "why do you watch that?"   I had to think a minute.  Finally I said we folks on the forum considered it entertainment at its best.  And every now and then someone was actually successful.

Update:  hubby watched the last interaction between Dr. Now and Angie.  When it was over, I said THAT IS THE REASON WE WATÇH IT.   I think he understood then.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

"I can't believe I have to ASK my daughter to choose between her boyfriend and coming with me to SAVE MY LIFE" locked me in.

I missed the first 30 minutes so perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't the daughter's boyfriend also the father of her child? Not that the daughter should have to make this choice but I'd weigh pretty heavily separating my child from its father to move away with my mother, who has a husband that can (at least in theory) care for her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I missed the first 30 minutes so perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't the daughter's boyfriend also the father of her child? Not that the daughter should have to make this choice but I'd weigh pretty heavily separating my child from its father to move away with my mother, who has a husband that can (at least in theory) care for her.

Yes, I think daughter's boyfriend was child's father.  But, not sure if older child or the one in the womb.  So many of the players were subpar that it was tough figuring out who was the subpariest.  lol  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5