Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

On 5/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, Persnickety1 said:

She posted an update yesterday on her Go Fuck Yourself Go Fund Me.    

https://www.gofundme.com/yk326-help-with-expenses

My apologies in advance if this induces nightmares in any of my fellow posters.  

hosebeast.jpg

God help us...is that huge tat actually raised?  Nightmare-inducing pic, it is.

Was the only bonus scene the Desiree Goes To The Store & Gets Her Hosebeast Of A Mother Fattening Crap?

2 hours ago, Concerned said:

The show likely employs public relations agencies to produce social media, handle press relations, recruit patients, and maybe help produce the show. They might have given Angie a job because it would be bad PR of a person who they made money off by featuring them on the show turned out to be destitute on the streets of Houston.

That's a good point. I had been thinking that maybe one slim chance she would have to get a job would be through a personal connection. But if she didn't know anyone in Houston, other than perhaps that musician-brother, then who could have set her up? I didn't consider one of the PR firms that works with the production company.

And if she is still affiliated with the program somehow, then it might be in their interest to set her up with some kind of job, for one reason or another. But I don't think they would do it for any altruistic reason, such as to prevent her from becoming homeless -- they'd probably have a more self-serving motivation. And maybe a melt-down on the job would be even better for them than a success, especially if they are still filming her.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Concerned said:

The show likely employs public relations agencies to produce social media, handle press relations, recruit patients, and maybe help produce the show. They might have given Angie a job because it would be bad PR of a person who they made money off by featuring them on the show turned out to be destitute on the streets of Houston.

Well that's a possibility.  It seems very unlikely at best.  First of all, I strongly doubt she could pass a drug test.  It's next to impossible to get a job if you can't pass a drug test.  Also TLC knows better than anyone what a lying she bitch she is.   She isn't the first person to start a gfm for living expenses after their episode.  Dr. Now was ready to have a homeless shelter pick up Steven Assanti after he kicked him out of the program.  My guess is that Angie gave the crew a mountain of shit and then some.  TLC is not known for their charity.  The crew probably flipped her the bird as they were packing up their cameras as they ran as fast they could.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

More than likely, IF at all true, her job as "secretary for public relations" = telemarketing.  I'm sure she will sway a lot of potential customers, given her shining personality, pleasing voice and her command of English grammar (sarcasm).

• LOL 10
33 minutes ago, JDAlexander said:

More than likely, IF at all true, her job as "secretary for public relations" = telemarketing.  I'm sure she will sway a lot of potential customers, given her shining personality, pleasing voice and her command of English grammar (sarcasm).

Maybe she’s working a phone sex line???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

She has a felony conviction and a long prison stint. Not exactly what employers are looking for. Maybe Kim Kardashian will bring her on as a nanny?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Maybe she’s working a phone sex line???

OMG--with THAT voice and her entitled disposition, it would have to be as a dominatrix......for the hearing impaired.  

Edited by JDAlexander
  • LOL 8
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was the only bonus scene the Desiree Goes To The Store & Gets Her Hosebeast Of A Mother Fattening Crap?

It was mainly tidbits like her favorite grocery store item was string cheese and she liked reality shows and horror movies.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2019 at 9:10 AM, calpurnia99 said:

The GoFundMe update was obviously written by someone else, the English seems better. Also I think she was advised by same person to stop cursing and yelling and lying in her funding request. I also see NO MENTION of the lie that she got the surgery that was in her last request. I think all the online hatred might spur her on to actually lose weight now. 

Maybe somebody at the PR agency she claims to work for.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Gee, it's so impossible for me to believe that she could successfully perform any job that would involve her having to interact with the public. She has such a nasty, entitled, manipulative personality that a lot of folks, other than her family, would ever put up with long enough for her to collect one paycheck. Definitely a good fit though for a phone sex line for people with masochistic tendencies! 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2019 at 12:43 AM, ProTourist said:

Watched a bit more of yesterday's video on her FB fan page. At one point she stated that she is working, Monday - Thursday, as a secretary at a public relations firm.

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if she had the physical ability and stamina for a job like that. The walking around the office might be too much for her -- secretaries don't generally just sit at a desk all day. But even if they did, I think it would be difficult for her to sit at a desk all day. Hmmm.

Sure. Dealing with the public - with her charming personality. Exactly someone whom I would entrust with MY company's image. And, there's the little problem of the drug test, which many companies require.

• Love 4

The woman can barely stand or walk, so I'm betting PR firm doesn't mean what she thinks it means.    She can't even speak proper English, or have an entire sentence come out of her mouth that's not full of obscenities, so secretary isn't possible.    She has no concept of grammar, spelling, or anything else that anyone would want to have to decipher.    My guess is she's doing some kind of application filling out for callers, or something like that.     Plus, as someone else pointed out, drug testing is fairly common these days, so she's not working anywhere that requires that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm an occasional watcher and noticed that several of the poundticipants in the shows I've seen are from Ohio, Is there something about that state that breeds these over eaters? 

I'm wondering this because a neighbor in my southern state had weight loss surgery last year and really slimmed  down. She was originally from Ohio and recently moved back there. New photos on Facebook reveal that she's gaining back the wight she lost, although she was never as humongous as the ladies featured on the show..

• Love 1
On 5/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, Twopper said:

I think Vianay and Allen got the apartment Angie wanted as it has the fire place (which looks like it is not a working fireplace, just a  decorative one as I think they put their tv in it). Also it is either the same apartment Steven Assanti was in or it is just like his.   It looked like their place in Ohio had a fairly decent yard so I can see why she was unimpressed with the outside of the complex.

I would love her to get porch-bath Nicole's old rental, the shack with the outshack you can rent to your dealer.

• LOL 5
On 5/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, magemaud said:

After reading through a few pages on the Live Chat, I was anxious to catch Supersized Angie with comments last night. I was amazed to learn she hates guacamole... 

Damn, Angie and I have something in common...

On 5/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, iloveangelina said:

Angelina is my little morky dog and I really, really wanted to clear that up! On here I am Fries with that. 

Hmm... I think we need photographic evidence of this "morky dog" in the next live chat...(who else is picturing a furry Robin Williams in rainbow suspenders...wait, he was pretty furry anyway, nevermind).

On 5/19/2019 at 1:48 AM, ProTourist said:

She also she said has a brother there in Houston, and I believe she meant that literally, not figuratively, who is a musician. 

OMG I have a cousin in Houston who's a musician! But then I remembered he only has one half-brother. So I guess I don't have to worry that we're related. 

• LOL 1

I must have been having too good a day because I decided to finally watch the supersized episode. I find myself saying swears at the TV. A LOT of f- f- f-ity f-ing f-er. AAAARRRRGGGGG I seriously HATE this woman!!!! 😠 Ok, back to life. 😇

• LOL 4
41 minutes ago, JunkFoodTV said:

I must have been having too good a day because I decided to finally watch the supersized episode. I find myself saying swears at the TV. A LOT of f- f- f-ity f-ing f-er. AAAARRRRGGGGG I seriously HATE this woman!!!! 😠 Ok, back to life. 😇

Thankfully, my cable co. doesn't put the supersized eps on demand so I won't be tempted.

• Love 1

The bonus scenes in most shows are just boring bits.
Dr. Pimple Popper sometimes adds bonus pops from youtube, so I watch hers.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, CruiseDiva said:

I'm an occasional watcher and noticed that several of the poundticipants in the shows I've seen are from Ohio, Is there something about that state that breeds these over eaters? 

He seems to draw a lot from there, and Pacific northwest, and Tennessee and Kentucky.
I think Penny put him off Maryland forever, and also very few from mid-Atlantic.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, CruiseDiva said:

I'm wondering this because a neighbor in my southern state had weight loss surgery last year and really slimmed  down. She was originally from Ohio and recently moved back there. New photos on Facebook reveal that she's gaining back the wight she lost, although she was never as humongous as the ladies featured on the show..

My guess after my brief stint working in media is that the producers choose a few locations every year and they only film there. It is cheaper than have candidates from 15 different locations in the country.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don’t know why I get fascinated by these train wrecks. I watched her again yesterday. The voiceovers must have been her choices and done along the way. She’s always talking about how she’s going to stand up to Dr. Now, then doesn’t. I wonder if the film crew did that on purpose with her knowing that eventually she’d quit, and they might not get anything more from her like Shenee. 

• Love 1

I also heard her say she’d tried to do this before but Daisy messed it up. I wonder if she tried to be on an earlier season but couldn’t move because of her daughter being pregnant the first time. 

Dr. Now also was on her from the get go about lying and playing games with him. I wonder what kind of interactions she had with him off camera. 

• Love 2

She has posted on her fan page on Facebook a copy of her drug test. It shows pot and benzos which she says is prescribed Xanax. So I went back and watched her episode again. When he is confronting her after she confesses to the pot, he says there were multiple other narcotics. If it was just benzos, I think he would have worded differently. 

I was also puzzled by something she said when they were leaving Ohio with the uhaul. She says, “I’m stronger than (bleeped) Ryan.” Who is Ryan?  I’m sure I heard it right, but don’t remember any Ryan’s. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CatherineM said:

She has posted on her fan page on Facebook a copy of her drug test. It shows pot and benzos which she says is prescribed Xanax. So I went back and watched her episode again. When he is confronting her after she confesses to the pot, he says there were multiple other narcotics. If it was just benzos, I think he would have worded differently.

I've seen that report. What's odd is that it's dated April 30, which is a week before her episode aired. Which makes me think that this may have been a second, or follow-up test, one that doesn't show as many issues in the toxicology section as a previous test may have. Unless they were filming and editing up until just a few days before broadcast.

I agree that there would have to be more than just marijuana, xanax, and cigarette smoking on the report for Dr. Now to say accurately that multiple narcotics were found. So either this is a later test, or a fudged report, or Dr. Now was not truthful about the report on camera as Angie claims.

Edited by ProTourist
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, CatherineM said:

Who is Ryan?  I’m sure I heard it right, but don’t remember any Ryan’s. 

I haven't re-watched the episode, but I think Ryan was her junkie boyfriend or spouse.  She had her daughter move home 5 years earlier to take care of her instead of getting him to help her out.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Ryan is the man who drove her to Houston the first time (I'm not sure it is) he was an ex-boyfriend, and was never seen after the return trip to Ohio (I think that's where she was from).  She also had an adult son that took her shopping once too.  

I think you're thinking of Angela G (sounds like her) rather than Angie J. They were both from Ohio. Angela G. only made one trip to Houston, whereas Angie J. moved there.

• Love 1

I'm super late to the game... but wow.  So much wow.  Nothing to add that hasn't been said, but... wow.

I thought Penny was the worst.  Then I thought Justin was the worst (and he still is the one who makes me want to vomit just thinking about his episode), but this witch... I just can't.

• Love 2

I Can’t believe I missed this one when it first aired. I never thought anyone could beat Penney in the denial game or Steven Assanti in the disgusting category but Holy Fucking Shit!! This piece of work is one for the ages! I’m so so sorry I missed Live Chat. 

I don’t have to watch more than 20 mins of this shit show to know Big Angie isn’t getting Dr Now’s weightlosssurgery. What a nasty beast! It’s no wonder Justin gets high. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 3

I'm super late to this one,  but somehow I missed it the first few times it aired. I could only sit on the couch last night and say "Oh my God shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!" 

I've been trying to keep track of the number of patients that put it all on Dr. Now,  like hes holding a weapon to their backs or something with their: 

"If he doesn't help me, he's letting me die." Or her "I will die and I hope he can live with that on his conscience."

She passed Janine or whoever it was (IIRC she had a craigslist stranger come and help her pack before her failed flight to Houston) in the guilt attempt department. 

Her daughter needs to take her kids and run, like far. But she probably won't, because mom will pull out some woe is me and lay it on thicker and thicker until she comes back. Justin... well. Meh. I didn't really care for dude one way or the other, he got on my nerves too. My birth mother tried to pull that crap on me too if she wanted money, if I hadn't cut contact after the first time, she'd have sucked every dollar out of me plus my soul, and poor Desiree's soul is hanging by a thread. 

What a flaming trainwreck of an episode. Dr. Now obviously wants to help people though, he gives chance after chance to people like her, Penny and *shudder* Steven. I literally screamed "NO IT'S F#CKING NOT, YOU F#CKING DRAMA QUEEN!!" at my TV when she said the wrong apartment situation was up there with murder. 

*edited name

Edited by PaTatertots
  • Love 2
On 5/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, DrNowsWeightScale said:

To be fair to Angie, that one guy was awful - very rude - I think his name was Steve Assanti or something like that? He was mean and rude to nurses and so on.

James from Kentucky was also pretty bad in his own way. He wasn't willing to do anything to lose the weight, and he was using his wife. She was falling apart.

Steve Assanti was rude but was also diagnosed with severe mental disorders. What's Angie's excuse? She the MOST DELUSIONAL PATIENT I'VE EVER SEEN on this show!

She has the prison Thug exterior with a withered and weak mental capacity of a severely disfunctional 14 year old juvenile. 

DR NOW PUT HER IN HER PLACE! ... good for him! She's living in lala land where 'poor pitiful her' is the exception to everything that doesn't go her way. She consistantly blame the world for her weaknesses and self-sabotage. Science and logic is a fairytale to her. She is the most Pathetic person I've seen in my 40+ years of living. 

I'd love to see Dr. Phil take a stab at her! He'd skin her alive with her wishy-washy logic and excuses! Now THAT would be entertaining! 

• Love 4

I read that Angie J. is claiming she's going to be on a WATN episode, while she's also claiming that the producers are liars, and fake everything.     

If the producers are filming her, they should stop.    I don't care if she loses weight or anything else, she's still a miserable excuse for a human being.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read that Angie J. is claiming she's going to be on a WATN episode, while she's also claiming that the producers are liars, and fake everything.     

Oh please no.  She is one of those people (like Janine the Scooter Queen) that I will always dislike even if they do manage to lose weight.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I glanced at this quickly and read it as WNTW, and wondered what Stacey & Clinton could possibly do for her.

• LOL 6
On 2/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, ThereButFor said:

Oh please no.  She is one of those people (like Janine the Scooter Queen) that I will always dislike even if they do manage to lose weight.

After watching a repeat of her episode a few days ago ITA ThereButFor for so many reasons which I've posted already but especially how she blew off Dr. Now's offer of FREE drug rehab during her last office visit where he shared her toxicology report on how many controlled substances/illegal drugs she had in her system. It was in that same visit she actually had the nerve to say that she had done "some" marijuana and he called bullshit on that. There are so many addicts out there on waiting lists to get into rehab and for her to blow off that opportunity was disgraceful.

Do not care nor can I root for her success in losing weight.

• Love 5

I am rather new to this 600 lb life, I have been watching #quarantinelifeyo  and I am always curious as to what they are eating. I've had a gastric bypass, but mine was in 1987 so it was radical, I mean one of the antiquated procedures. I come close to dying once or twice so doing as I am told is a must. But in Angie's episode, what was her daughter dumping out of the can when she was fixing breakfast? Was it gravy? I had to idea gravy came in a can. BTW, I was over 400lbs and a fantastic doctor did mine. I am 5'11" (well 5'10" now due to osteoporosis) and I weigh 199. I was able to have 3 children post gastric bypass. I guess I am one of the 5%.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

I am rather new to this 600 lb life, I have been watching #quarantinelifeyo  and I am always curious as to what they are eating. I've had a gastric bypass, but mine was in 1987 so it was radical, I mean one of the antiquated procedures. I come close to dying once or twice so doing as I am told is a must. But in Angie's episode, what was her daughter dumping out of the can when she was fixing breakfast? Was it gravy? I had to idea gravy came in a can. BTW, I was over 400lbs and a fantastic doctor did mine. I am 5'11" (well 5'10" now due to osteoporosis) and I weigh 199. I was able to have 3 children post gastric bypass. I guess I am one of the 5%.

Congratulations on your success and welcome!

Honestly, there's been a few Angies (and way too many Ashleys) to keep them straight  What they're eating?  Way too much even though they think (and the enablers) that they're doing it right.  Dr. Now's diet is really strict but once there's an appointment the poundicipants are shown eating as they always did to get into the situation.  IOW, "how are your eating habits?" -- bad!  Mostly it seems to be pizza or fast food burgers.  The enablers say they just didn't want the verbal abuse if they said "no".  I get that, so many are such disagreeable people to be charitable.  

Yes, all sorts of gravy comes in a can or packet.  Don't seek them out!  

• Love 3

I’m so disgusted by this animal. She’s so entitled. Abusive to everyone. I don’t think I’ve ever hated anyone as much as her. The way she treats everyone is despicable. 
there’s a reason a loser like her has such a shit life—her attitude. Trash brings trash. She deserves every bad thing that comes her way. I’m shocked anyone could be around her for two seconds. She is a tyrant and should be ashamed of her trashy self. There is no reason she should be alive. She only adds pain and abuse to the world. 

On 4/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, Otter said:

Congratulations on your success and welcome!

Honestly, there's been a few Angies (and way too many Ashleys) to keep them straight  What they're eating?  Way too much even though they think (and the enablers) that they're doing it right.  Dr. Now's diet is really strict but once there's an appointment the poundicipants are shown eating as they always did to get into the situation.  IOW, "how are your eating habits?" -- bad!  Mostly it seems to be pizza or fast food burgers.  The enablers say they just didn't want the verbal abuse if they said "no".  I get that, so many are such disagreeable people to be charitable.  

Yes, all sorts of gravy comes in a can or packet.  Don't seek them out!  

Thank you, it hasn't been easy because it is not a magic cure. And it causes all kinds of medical problems down the line but still, if I hadn't had it, I wouldn't have had my beautiful children. 

It was "Angie the convict" who left her daughter to be raised by everyone else while she spent time in jail. Man she was a terrible person in general. I hope her daughter can find some peace without her piece of work mother. The only person who seemed nice was her step-mother who showed up to take care of the little girl. 

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • Love 1

Dr. Now said multiple drugs, and he wasn't talking Weed either.   

Right after the show aired, she claims she was burglarized on April 30, and then on 1 May her husband (Justin) left for good.     I'm sure that was a coincidence in timing.   

She also claims that she's filming a follow up, getting surgery, and then announced she signed on to the lawsuit.     All of those things can't be true, but she'll never admit it.    

I love her final doctor's appointment, where she was supposed to weigh 498 or less, but weighed 589.   

Then Dr. Now says her lab test shows she's on multiple narcotics, but she says it's only her Xanax and weed.    He even offered her a trip to rehab, but she turned it down.  Another one who will show Dr. Now he's wrong, but she's wrong.  

Just like some others on here, when Angie starts 'crying' in the final appointments, she should try producing actual tears, not just rubbing her eyes until they look red.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dr. Now said multiple drugs, and he wasn't talking Weed either.   

Right after the show aired, she claims she was burglarized on April 30, and then on 1 May her husband (Justin) left for good.     I'm sure that was a coincidence in timing.   

She also claims that she's filming a follow up, getting surgery, and then announced she signed on to the lawsuit.     All of those things can't be true, but she'll never admit it.    

I think the burglary and Justin’s departure were in one of her many GoFundMe attempts.  She claimed she needed rent money or something.

But those drugs were PRESCRIBED according to her delusional rant!  I think she “prescribed” them to herself.

Edited by ThereButFor