Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Angie J's Story

• Start Topic

At over 600 lbs., Angie is trying to get to Houston to see Dr. Nowzardan in the hope of getting weight loss surgery to save her life. However, family conflict and disagreements may stop her from being able to do what she needs before she even gets the chance.

Original air date 2019.05.08

6 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Y'all, this was one for the ages. All in favor for a re-watch party?

I haven't seen it!  Watched something else while reading the entire Live Chat!

DVR set for next showing (11p. CST)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

When I was moving out for the first time, my mom dropped a box of Glad garbage bags at my feet and said, "Look, a present. I bought you matched luggage." 

I love my mom.

(Quoting Callaphera from live chat)

My dad used to say if I ever got married my wedding would be a ladder and a suitcase. My parents live in a ranch house. I told him I didn't need a ladder to get out the window so I expected a nice set of luggage.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)

There is no way in hell this woman is coming back to Dr. Now's program, so that garbage about a second episode is just that, garbage.    Angie and her friends, and especially Justin were so stoned!            I hope she stays in Houston, because her daughter will never have a decent life with this heifer pounding verbal abuse on her all of the time.   

I love how at the end Angie wondered if Dr. Now knew she was still smoking.     People who smoke smell like cigarettes, and in her case, weed too.    Multiple narcotics on her drug test?   I certainly hope the DEA, and local drug task force watched this episode, and if they didn't then I hope some lovely person in Houston will drop a dime on her.     

Does she really think that her GFM update didn't say a lot more than she intended?    She gets burglarized on one day, and Justin leaves the next?   I'm sure that was a coincidence.  

The Supersized episode is supposed to be on Thursday the 16th, and I'm hoping it has a lot of juicy tidbits for once.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

This was a fun one!  But I got cross-eyed trying to keep up with the show and the chat, and now I know I have to both re-read (and click likes!) the chat AND re-watch the show.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Ha ha ha omg like she thought the surgery was the magic , what kills me is we know an almost 700 pounder who actually sticks to the diet loses More than the goal. I loved every second of this episode , Dr now knew she was hopeless the minute he met her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Hellga said:

This was a fun one!  But I got cross-eyed trying to keep up with the show and the chat, and now I know I have to both re-read (and click likes!) the chat AND re-watch the show.  

Show ended 37 minutes ago and I'm still only on page 17 (of 22).

• LOL 7
14 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Same! I was watching reading/reacting here, on Twitter, and another forum. I'm tired. lol

• LOL 4

Got so much more to say later but for now, I have to say that this episode might have set the all time record for the Best Quotes thread! 😄 

Hahaha, if anybody who was praying for a train wreck wasn't immensely entertained by this episode, you need to see Dr. Paradise, LOL! EPIC lowlife trash on display tonight.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Dr now knew she was hopeless the minute he met her. 

I knew she was hopeless the minute she said that she has her daughter is her caretaker because she doesn't want her husband to be one for her!

• Love 24
(edited)

As we know at this point, her Go Fund Me page is another pack of lies, and it occurred to me that if she really felt Dr. Now was misportraying her drug abuse, she certainly had the option of suing him. That would have funded her for sure.

Edited by Julyolo
Misspell
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

I find her GFM to be a head-scratcher. Here's a screen shot of her update posted today: 

1012219282_ScreenShot2019-05-08at8_36_54PM.png.ec4cf9da79d5fb53c6fff2dace74f369.png

GFM originally posted on February 26 which said she wanted $$ to help her move to Houston from Ohio. First update was posted in early March, then the one above today.

So if that's the move we saw in the episode - how did she get okayed for WLS after refusing to go to rehab for her drug addiction and being let go as a patient by Dr. Now? In just, what, a couple of weeks after that final scene we saw in his office?

I don't believe it.

Edited by Jeeves
typos
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I find her GFM to be a head-scratcher. Here's a screen shot of her update posted today: 

1012219282_ScreenShot2019-05-08at8_36_54PM.png.ec4cf9da79d5fb53c6fff2dace74f369.png

GFM originally posted on February 26 which said she wanted $$ to help her move to Houston from Ohio. First update was posted in early March, then the one above today.

So if that's the move we saw in the episode - how did she get okayed for WLS after refusing to go to rehab for her drug addiction and being let go as a patient by Dr. Now? In just, what, a couple of weeks after that final scene we saw in his office?

I don't believe it.

She's not too good at lying either?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Oh Brother ,one of the biggest liars ever on the show.. Dr Now should have kicked her to the curb long before she kicked herself.. Some people you just cant be help... Angie with her Rolodex of excuses and venom.. wasted

• Love 18
1 minute ago, AVM said:

One word sums up Angie and the word is  "Vile" if she had dropped dead on the show ,I could not have cared less.. P.S  Christina87 good luck with your weight loss ,you can do it..

Awwww thank you so much!!! I appreciate the support! And yeah, this woman is the worst. I'm only halfway through, and I can't think of anyone worse except mayyybe Penny!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I haven’t watched all these shows but she has to be the WORST candidate ever, right? If not they need to cancel this now because it doesn’t do anything but perpetuate the most ugly stereotypes about fat people. Angie was just vile...like screaming at my tv vile. I’m literally speechless about how grotesque she is. The world would be better off without her in it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
(edited)

Good Lord.  It's only twelve minutes into the episode and I can't keep track of her kids, her jail time, and her weight updates!  And what's up with her two front teeth?  Yuck..she's a total rag

Edited by Swiss
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

Geez, it's past my bedtime and I still have three pages of the chat to finish reading! I've cleansed my palate a bit with an episode of Tiny House Nation and now I'm heading to bed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

There is no way that she is filming episode 2 right now. When the producers go to all of the trouble to post "After her appointment with Dr. Nowzaradan, Angie has ultimately decided not to go to rehab, effectively suspending her weight-loss journey on the program", you are NOT in their good graces and are not filming. They had no update after Mercedes last week and she was another no show. (I hope that doesn't mean we are going to be subjected to more of Mercedes!! Unless it's on how Brandon and the kids are coping after she shuffles off of this mortal coil)

Typical addict lying.

Edited by Schnickelfritz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Who is supporting all of these trashy people?   Obese women, slow witted skinny men, babies, no one works.  Where does the money come from for the drugs, cigarettes, weed, buckets of fast food.   What a bunch of homely people.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

By 15 minutes in, I hated her more than Schenee and Steven A.
I came here and saw that her live chat had beaten Schenee's record, but then got sidetracked, and haven't watched more.
Who was the other woman in the kitchen with Desiree, though?  A sister, or boyfriend's relative?

• Love 6
(edited)

What a horrible  ham-beast. She was hands down the most hateful out of the bunch, and that includes Steven A. 

“I’m sticking to the diet as much as I can”  *shoves onion rings into her pie hole.*

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Who is supporting all of these trashy people?   Obese women, slow witted skinny men, babies, no one works.  Where does the money come from for the drugs, cigarettes, weed, buckets of fast food.   What a bunch of homely people.

Drugs and disusting internet stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Take one guess..

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Supersized episode is supposed to be on Thursday the 16th, and I'm hoping it has a lot of juicy tidbits for once.    

Oh, goodie! I'll be doing colonoscopy prep that evening. Watching that delusional, drug addled heifer will be just perfect.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

Ok...I know we were told that TLC informed us of her weight before the show aired, thus the weight competition wasn't part of this thread. BUT can we guess which weight was higher - the poundicipant or the the van she was in that appeared to be the same size as her? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Hee, re-watching and commenting on this episode AGAIN; missed portions of it the first go round for various reasons but especially because I found it hard to understand her. Probably should turn on the close captioning.

She is just as nasty the second time around, just told hubby "I don't want you or need you" and "You're a loser" and "You're pathetic" on the second night of their road trip. I want to ask Justin "How fucking lazy are you to be living with/off of this Hell-beast?" Any job doing anything would be preferable to living with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

I can't keep up and Live Chat with you guys, so I just finished watching...had to pause and laugh out loud at least 10 times. Comments were just on fire tonight! 🤣🤣

Her daughter donating a whopping $5 to her GoFundMe is just hilarious - the icing on the cake of possibly the most complete train wreck episode ever! This gal just has it all, doesn't she?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

Angie comes across as being mean, rude, and ungrateful.

I'm not sure, but I think she's letting her daughter Desiree live with her, and because of that, she feels entitled to have her daughter at her beck and call?

No! She needs to let her daughter live her own life, even if that means the daughter not wanting to travel with the mom to Houston or whatever. She's going to ultimately handicap the daughter if she insists that the daughter live her life for her (the Mom).

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Hellga said:

I knew she was hopeless the minute she said that she has her daughter is her caretaker because she doesn't want her husband to be one for her!

The moment I heard that I was horrified for the daughter. The mother is, IMO, being a selfish cow. I hope the daughter wakes up and realizes it's not healthy to be that close to her mother. I hope she's able to leave.

• Love 13