Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E24: Drawn to the Blood

• Start Topic

Alex tries desperately to save his patient Gus while he waits for a severely agoraphobic blood donor to arrive from London. Jo reveals to Meredith why she's been so down, while Catherine and Bailey hold a meeting to get down to the bottom of an insurance issue. Meanwhile, Maggie and Jackson go camping.

Promo:

Original Canadian air date: 5/8/19
Original U.S. air date: 5/9/19

(edited)

This is the season ender, right?

So much to unpack.  

As soon as I saw the hero worship on Teddie’s face when Owen was giving that speech I knew two things.... she was choosing him over Korachic and that he’ll probably choose Amelia....who is about to deliver Teddie’s baby.   

OMG DeLuca sacrificing himself and his career to save Meredith from her lies.  Wow.  

And Linc asking if their relationship was going somewhere....

And Nico just sucks.   He can’t leave soon enough.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

This is the season ender, right?

The finale is next week, actually.

The last ten minutes were a lot. Deluca takes the fall for Meredith. Like...goddamn, man. You're gonna go for jail for a woman you just started dating a few months ago? Not worth it.

Teddy chooses Owen over Tom. Now she just has to let both know while she's delivering the baby. That'll be awkward.

Jo finally snaps out of her funk, thanks to Meredith, and seems to be doing better. It's good to see that she should be on her way to apologize to Alex next week.

Nico's an asshole. Contacts is an absolute dumbass who doesn't know how to calm anyone down. Hint: yelling at them that they're killing a kid doesn't help, idiot. 

Good on Link for setting some boundaries for Amelia, who now has a lot to think about.

• Love 4
(edited)

Deloser taking the fall for Meredith is not romantic or cute. She sounded like a mother scolding her child. 

Alex Karev would not be the man he is without Arizona Robbins as a mentor. He stopped being evil spawn long before he started dating Jo, but okay Meredith.   

Tptb need to stop trying to make Glasses happen. Why would they send the most incompetent doctor to get such an important patient? Where's Intern Casey Parker?  

Link is the MVP of the season. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 11
(edited)

Schmidt is like the shiftiest dr ever and that’s saying something on this show. Why do I have to see so much of him. His ranting and being a jerk makes me hate him even more then before.

Maggie and Jackson are the worst to watch. Yuck no chemistry ever.

Jo move the fuck on. You have gotten thru all this shit and now you are having this annoying not entertaining breakdown. Also whoever plays Jo is a bad actress. How she’s acting makes no sense for like anyone to react it’s stupid.

Jackson and Maggie can’t leave cause it’s raining? So do these writers know anything about Seattle and the weather at all? What a joke.

Deluca covering for Meredith is just the writers forcing the couple down our throats again. Still a horrible couple! Idc he sacrificed himself for her it’s dumb. Plus he will be fine and back down the road so meh.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 6
(edited)

Soooo stupid Deluca... Sooo stupid.... He date Meredith like... month? Love her... week? And sacrifice his career and life (he can go to jail) fo her... Soooo stupid... And unbelivable...  I can't even say more about stupidity of this... 

Agoraphobic... Delicate case, mental illness and they send Glasses - the most incompetent and dumm person in the world to deal with it. Great idea!  He screems at sick woman... Yes, mr glasses, screaming at someone would make this person do what you wan't.  For sure. 

Good that Jo told Meredith. I hope this storyline will end fast, becouse it is not entertaining at all. 

Maggie and Jackson has chemistry of brother and sister. It is actually grose when they kiss. Incestuous relationship is not what i like to watch. 

Teddy loves Oven, so of course he will say that he loves Amelia. Amy will probably deliver Teddys and Owens baby, and Owen will see her with his baby in arms and he will confese his love. 
In the other hand... Amelia looked very chill, when Teddy told her she loves Owen, so maby she will choose Link. Hope so. 

Edited by askasza
  • Love 6
(edited)

I had already forgotten about Maggie and Jackson by the end of the show. 

Of course she got bitten by some sort of insect

Of course she sprained her ankle

Of course Jackson was oblivious that she wasn’t enjoying herself and Maggie was too wimpy to tell him...hence spraining her ankle

And of course she went away somewhere that apparently you get stuck when it rains when your back up goes into labour.  

Edited by DEL901
typos
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I had already forgotten about Maggie and Jackson by the end of the show. 

Of course she got bitten by some sort of ibsect

Of course she sprained her ankle

Of course Jackson was oblivious that she wasn’t enjoying herself and Maggie was to wimpy to tell him...hence spraining her ankle

And of course she went away somewhere that apparently you get stuck when it rains when your back up goes into labour.  

Both Jackson and Maggie are equally frustrating with this whole thing.

Jackson, because Maggie has made it clear that she's not a camper and will never be a camper, and he's been pushing her to go camping for several episodes. I get it; he really got into camping this season to find Jesus or whatever, but your girlfriend clearly isn't a camper so maybe take these camping trips on your own? Did Jackson ever like camping before? I really can't recall. But he's so gung-ho about camping that he missed the clear signs that Maggie hates camping. Boy, when she tells you that she'd rather stay in the tent than go see a damn waterfall, you should probably see that as a bad sign that you ain't bonding over your newfound love of nature.

But also Maggie, because she should have put her foot down on not camping, and she was complaining all damn episode. No, I don't find it funny that she got bitten by a bug that caused an allergic reaction, or that she twisted her ankle for flailing about. Maggie had every opportunity to try a little harder. Just because she said she was trying, it doesn't necessarily mean that she was. 

That whole thing was a disaster and now they can't make a break for their car because of the rain. Ok, go get eaten by The Fog, then. Seriously, I figure that their car is miles away but did neither of them check the weather before they left? 

5 hours ago, askasza said:

Teddy loves Oven, so of course he will say that he loves Amelia. Amy will probably deliver Teddys and Owens baby, and Owen will see her with his baby in arms and he will confese his love. 
 In the other hand... Amelia looked very chill, when Teddy told her she loves Owen, so maby she will choose Link. Hope so. 

I'm fairly certain that Teddy/Owen will end up together next episode, but I do wonder if they'll either have Owen state outright that he's in love with Teddy, not Amelia, or that they will go with Owen declaring his love for Amelia and Amelia laughing in his face that it won't ever happen because she's with Link. I mean, she WILL need that push to make her relationship with Link serious, so it COULD work well.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m literally enraged by that episode. 

Teddy you deserve the heartbreak you are about to be dished out.  Owen does not love you.

Linc, slow down if Deluca wasn’t on this show...you would look worse but since he is you look slightly less bad.  Amelia just got out of a relationship.  

Deluca:  you’re an idiot.  I know this is supposed to sell his character on us but the fact that he just makes poor decisions doesn’t make me more of an advocate for this relationship.  Deluca’s still the same mess sobbing on a couch playing sh*tty guitar.

Meredith:  How many times are you going to make selfish decisions that affect other people

Maggie and Jackson:  NO

**** also Maggie’s if anyone can help Jo, it’s Meredith...will this show GTFO with this nonsense? Seriously just STOP 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 10

As much as Glasses annoys me, I loved when he started singing along with the patient because I knew it would annoy Hunt. 

While in theory I understand why Linc wants to know if his arrangement with Amelia has changed from self-medicating no strings attached sex to something more, his logic as to why he decided to ask was so out of character for laidback Linc who is not a jealous, insecure, paranoid, needy person who insists on defining a relationship or needing to be in a serious monogamous relationship. He saw Amelia with Leo and that’s what prompted the ultimatum? What?

That’s a hell of a weather day they’re having in Seattle. It’s pouring rain at the campsite and pea soup foggy on the freeway. As soon as Gus’s mom convinced Unicorn Blood to leave the plane and Owen promised to keep her safe, I knew they would get into an accident on the way to the hospital. 

Teddy, you deserve better than Owen but if this means you will go back to Germany and take Owen with you, then I reluctantly approve of you breaking Koracik’s heart. 

I thought that Meredith’s pep talk for Jo would center around how lots of people have horrible parents who are also not good people (two separate issues) so I was surprised that Meredith just barely mentioned that Ellis and Thatcher sucked.  I did appreciate that Meredith said they needed to go talk to Bailey to get an official leave of absence and that they needed to find someone to give Jo the help she needs (maybe Owen’s therapist can magically heal her trauma after one session).

I hope Jackson takes this disastrous trip as a sign to stop trying to convince Maggie that she will love camping. It’s okay to like different thing so stop trying to force her to like camping! It’s been driving me crazy how he won’t let this go. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

While in theory I understand why Linc wants to know if his arrangement with Amelia has changed from self-medicating no strings attached sex to something more, his logic as to why he decided to ask was so out of character for laidback Linc who is not a jealous, insecure, paranoid, needy person who insists on defining a relationship or needing to be in a serious monogamous relationship. He saw Amelia with Leo and that’s what prompted the ultimatum? What?

Well, it was less about seeing Amelia with Leo and more about Amelia calling Owen's place home. I agree it was very abrupt....but honestly, I found that Link approached the subject with more maturity than other characters would have. Also...one episode left so they gotta speed up the Amelia/Link romance and make it serious.

8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As much as Glasses annoys me, I loved when he started singing along with the patient because I knew it would annoy Hunt. 

I know it sure annoyed me! I was a second away from changing the channel before, luckily, they moved to the next scene.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it was less about seeing Amelia with Leo and more about Amelia calling Owen's place home. I agree it was very abrupt....but honestly, I found that Link approached the subject with more maturity than other characters would have. Also...one episode left so they gotta speed up the Amelia/Link romance and make it serious.

It didn’t bother me when Amelia said that because she lived there until pretty recently so it’s understandable if she slipped and referred to Owen’s place aka her former home as home. But it was even more understandable because it’s still Leo’s home. If I were going to drop someone off at their house, I would have phrased it the same way: “I’m taking my friend home.”

I agree that Linc was much more mature about it than 99% of the characters on this show. I just felt like it wasn’t something that the Linc we’ve seen so far would have said as a reaction to what happened. You’re probably right though - they needed to speed up the timeline on their relationship before the season ends. I just hope his ultimatum doesn’t end up having Amelia realize that she’s still in love with Owen too. Ugh. 

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I just hope his ultimatum doesn’t end up having Amelia realize that she’s still in love with Owen too. Ugh. 

The reason I'm quite calm about this entire thing is because I'm fairly confident that Amelia will choose Link while Owen chooses Teddy. I don't think there's any worry of Owen/Amelia ever getting back together....like, ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I find it disgusting they made DeLuca risk his career and actually his life - he could go to jail for this like someone pointed out - for a woman he's been dating for a few months. First the ILY and now this. Could they make this any more OTT? It's not romantic at all. They're pushing the MerLuca pairing waay too hard and I've had enough.

I agree that both Maggie and Jackson were annoying. Jackson shouldn't have pushed Maggie and she shouldn't have let him just to complain the entire time.

I hope to see the end of HAOG soon. I wish the same for Glasses, but I know that's not gonna happen. If anything they're gonna make him a series regular next season.

Teddy loves Owen? Really? Why? But whatever. They deserve each other. I just wish they would leave together.

So there was some progress with Jo's story after all. But of course she needed magic Meredith for that and didn't talk to her husband. If this were an isolated case I could accept Jo's lack of communication. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to talk to the people who are closest to us. But Jo never tells Alex anything and it's getting on my nerves. She's excluded him from every step on her way to find out more about herself. She didn't want to open the envelope with him, she didn't want him to go to Pittsburgh with her, then she didn't want to tell him what happened. Not to mention all the other things she's kept from Alex like a gun, a marriage, an identity change and an abortion. She's always had good reasons, but enough already. Whenever Alex starts to close himself off she demands him to stop and talk to her and he always does. Why does she never do it? Is there a reason other than lazy writing? I doubt it, but I really would like an explanation. Whenever Alex has any kind of story, Jo is by his side. But when Jo has something going on, Alex is merely a side character. It's great that the writers want to expand Jo's circle and give her scenes with Jackson and Teddy, but why does it have to be at the expense of Alex?

• Love 10

If ever a hospital show needed a decent psychiatrist, it's this one, and if ever an episode needed a good shrink, this is it.  What Glasses and Owen did on the plane with the poor woman was positively painful.

Jo should have been seeing a shrink episodes ago.  Kid's mom should have too.

I didn't think the guy breaking his coccyx was funny at all.  I'm no fan of HAOG but I was with him on this one.  You do have to find the humour in medical situations but not by laughing at the patients.

Maggie and Jackson could also use some couples therapy. Maggie clearly hates camping, she's tortured by bugs (I know what that's like) and Jackson is a shoo-in for the "No love, quoth he, but vanity sets love a task like that" award.

I almost grew to like Teddy earlier this season but this episode proved that she's a complete flake.  If she'd rather have the "will he love me/won't he love me" of Owen over a guy who not only anticipates her every need but also does everything he can to make it better for her, she deserves Owen.

Choose Linc, Amelia. He's the better bet for a happy future.

I have no words for the Deluca situation, none at all. Is the actor leaving?

• Love 15

I just read all of the above posts and I'm so burned up, especially about dumb DeLuca and Glasses, that I won't even watch tonight.  I'll gladly watch something else and just watch the finale next week.

So thanks to you all! 😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Next episode: Meredith fesses up and gets arrested and fired. The show ends. I cheer. LOL, no, that's not gonna happen. But it should. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The reason I'm quite calm about this entire thing is because I'm fairly confident that Amelia will choose Link while Owen chooses Teddy. I don't think there's any worry of Owen/Amelia ever getting back together....like, ever.

Owen can choose Teddy, that's fine, but what would be refreshing is if Teddy chose Teddy and her daughter. And like @statsgirl said, the man that does put her needs first. And then she decides once and for all that all she and Owen should be are co-workers, friends and co-parents. 

• Love 7
(edited)
45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Owen can choose Teddy, that's fine, but what would be refreshing is if Teddy chose Teddy and her daughter. And like @statsgirl said, the man that does put her needs first. And then she decides once and for all that all she and Owen should be are co-workers, friends and co-parents. 

I was cheering SO hard for this to happen and I really, really believed it would, despite all odds and evidence to the contrary, even after witnessing Teddy swooning over Owen's Heroic Efforts (because, really, it makes absolute sense to send the most incompetent intern and a trauma surgeon to deal with a severely agoraphopic person, instead of, you know, a psychiatrist), but noooooooo. I just can't see how it can go from Teddy saying she loves Owen to Amelia's face and Amelia being fine with it, to Owen and Amelia ending up together. Nope. This is the outcome I've dreaded all season and it's finally here. And Teddy, gurl, I love you, but if you insist on ruining your life, hey, who am I to stop you.

So Jo opens up to Saint Meredith of Selflessness because of course she does and yawnzzz. They should have done this like 5 episodes ago and spared us all that nonsense BS. I could have lived without revisionist history (Jo saved Alex!!!) and making Jo's mother look like a bad person, though. 

Maybe Jackson and Maggie will be eaten by a bear. I wouldn't mind it.

So, DeLuca has now proven his unconditional love for Meredith, his legal issues will be magically settled next week, she'll tell him she loves him too and they'll live happily ever after. Man, I'm so glad this season is ending and I cannot believe I actually watched all of it. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, Joana said:

Maybe Jackson and Maggie will be eaten by a bear. I wouldn't mind it.

Have we had a bear attack on this show?!?! If not, can Maggie and Jackson be the first??? If we have, then can they still be eaten by bears?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, preeya said:

"WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG"

Piling up a multitude of the crises into one big mess doesn't make for good television.

Thumbs down.jpeg

How true. No sooner did the agoraphobic woman get off the plane, the FEDS grab her doctor for possibly being a terrorist. They send Schmitt, the dumbest doctor on the show to get him. Maggie doesn't just hate camping and also put in how she is "special" so all bugs attack her. She actually leaves when she knows her coworker could give birth any day and of course she is trapped during a serious storm. 

Then add in DeLuca takes the fall for Meredith, Catherine and Bailey both act like they are being prosecuted and with all lives hanging in the balance. A super fog and super storm role in with the police taking one of the doctors away. On top of a love crisis and that Jo finally basically admits her fantasy of her happy family life is ruined now she knows the truth. 

This is what happens when a show is on too many years and the writers push pet characters to the front and manufacturer drama like no tomorrow. Mrs. Readster even said: "OH God! Just stop!"

Edited by readster
completed sentences are a good thing.
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Have we had a bear attack on this show?!?! If not, can Maggie and Jackson be the first??? If we have, then can they still be eaten by bears?

Wasn't Lexi eaten by a bear after the plane crash?  Maybe it wasn't a bear, but I'm pretty sure a wild animal was involved.

Maggie's experience camping is exactly how I imagine camping to be, which I why I never go camping.  Doesn't Jackson have a boat?  Maybe sailing would be more fun for Maggie.

Deluca and Meredith are a major fail, and so was that scene with Mere in the hyperbaric chamber.   Instead of yelling after Deluca, why didn't Mere yell to Catherine and say she did it and Deluca is covering for her? 

• Love 6

Did they say anywhere who paid for the private plane to bring the Unicorn Blood woman over to donate blood to the kid?  Why couldn't a doctor fly to her country where they could meet her at a nice safe hospital after her therapist managed to talk her out of her apartment and take the blood there?  Then it could be brought back for the transfusion.  I don't remember if they said where she was from, but I'm sure blood on ice would be okay until they got back to Seattle.  They could avoided a lot of drama.

• Love 12

It doesn’t come as a complete surprise that DeLuca is taking the fall for Meredith... I mean didn’t he drop the charges against Alex a few seasons ago because Jo was scared of her identity coming out in court, and DeLuca thought he was in love with Jo. 

And then he was going to give up his career and life to go on the run with that other doctor (Sam?) before she got shipped off to Cristina.

So we have already been shown him as a “falls hard & fast and doesn’t make rational decisions when in love” kind of guy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BooksRule said:

Did they say anywhere who paid for the private plane to bring the Unicorn Blood woman over to donate blood to the kid?  Why couldn't a doctor fly to her country where they could meet her at a nice safe hospital after her therapist managed to talk her out of her apartment and take the blood there?  Then it could be brought back for the transfusion.  I don't remember if they said where she was from, but I'm sure blood on ice would be okay until they got back to Seattle.  They could avoided a lot of drama.

I don't think blood can be transport by plane. It's actually very hart to transport blood even by car. 

Have they not done that insurance storyline a million times? I feel like this is the first time it’s ever had consequences.

DeLuca is an idiot.

Teddy is a bigger idiot. Her big dramatic speech about Owen didn’t tell me only that she’s the brain of a teenager and prefers the chase with Owen to an actual stable relationship where she’s not always second/third choice (let’s be honest first will always be Cristina). 

I hate that they watered Koracik into such a doormat for this storyline.

Well done to Amelia for managing to remove herself from the situation with dignity.

• Love 9
(edited)

HAOG is a dick, but I was 100% on his side.  The man Hellmouth was making fun of was literally on the table as HAOG was taking bone out of his open body; it is indefensible to make fun of his situation in that moment, and I found HAOG's rebuke completely justified.  I actually would've cheered if HAOG had punched Richard in his condescending school-marm face for his verbal finger-wagging because Richard would've never scolded Meredith, Alex, Bailey, etc.; in fact, he would've taken their side in a nanosecond, so he can go fuck himself in his hypocritical ass.

So, the only person in the entire world with blood for Gabriel is an absolute mental disaster, and they decide to send fucking Glasses to handle it?

giphy.gif

When Jackson and Maggie kiss, it's about as romantic as two beach balls bouncing off each other.

I actually really liked the scene where Meredith and Jo actually talked about what's been going on.  It was the only good scene in the episode.

DeLuca's taking the fall for Meredith's ridiculous insurance fraud?

whatever.gif

So predictable and stupid.

I'm honestly horrified at how much the show is enabling and ennobling Owen's behavior and sanctioning Teddy's worship of him.  She can call it dark and scary and exhilarating and whatever the fuck else she wants to, but he and their relationship are toxic and abusive and imbalanced.  My body autonomically recoiled throughout pretty much all of Teddy's scenes tonight.  It really does frighten me how much the show is glorifying all of this.

I started laughing when CrazyPants started going off about the fog reminding her of home because I knew they were about seven seconds away from a horrendous car accident, and I laughed even harder when the accident happened.  That was some hilarious shit.

Edited by NUguy514
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, bybrandy said:

No less than twice they went to Maggie and Jackson and I was like, "Oh, yeah, they exist."  I used to really like Jackson.  Sigh.   

I still like him, but only when he's interacting with Meredith or Jo (he did a nice job trying to talk to her a few weeks ago) or basically anyone besides Maggie. When they're together, the show screehes to a halt.

• Love 17

Oh I forgot about the thing that pissed me the most! They don't have money to do exams and treat a girl, but doing CT for toy - no problem. Sick people don't need it. CT cost money only if real human is in there... SURE! Maybe Deluca should go to prison, instead Mer, if he is that stupid.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

HAOG is a dick, but I was 100% on his side.  The man Hellmouth was making fun of was literally on the table as HAOG was taking bone out of his open body; it is indefensible to make fun of his situation in that moment, and I found HAOG's rebuke completely justified.  I actually would've cheered if HAOG had punched Richard in his condescending school-marm face for his verbal finger-wagging because Richard would've never scolded Meredith, Alex, Bailey, etc.; in fact, he would've taken their side in a nanosecond, so he can go fuck himself in his hypocritical ass.

I agree, except I don't think he was doing it to protect the integrity of the patient. To me it looked like he was still pouting because he was proven wrong and the man did need a scan and it wasn't just an ortho problem. And being an asshole in general, because apparently that's how he is. I don't know where they're going with his storyline, but I sincerely hope it ends with him leaving next week.

Re: Teddy and Owen: I could get it if they actually ever had a relationship. Some relationships are toxic and the people involved are clearly not right for each other, but they still can't let it go. It's very unfortunate, but those things happen. BUT, Owen and Teddy only had sex once and the rest of their history consists of her pining for him and him choosing other women over her time and again. Not to mention there were patches where they didn't even see each other for years, so for Teddy to proclaim that Owen is the only man who ever made her feel excited or whatever is SERIOUSLY screwed up and I'm not sure the writers understand (or care) just how pathetic they're making her seem. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, askasza said:

Oh I forgot about the thing that pissed me the most! They don't have money to do exams and treat a girl, but doing CT for toy - no problem. Sick people don't need it. CT cost money only if real human is in there... SURE! Maybe Deluca should go to prison, instead Mer, if he is that stupid.  

Most hospitals buy or lease their CT and MRI machines. Once the machine is installed, you can use it as much or as little as you like without incurring any additional costs (it's not like a vending machine where you have to pay every time you use it).

To compare it to normal people/non-hospital stuff, it's like buying an electric fan or a coffee machine. Once you have it, you can use it as often (or as little) as you want.

The cost is just what the insurance company bills the patient for being scanned, but it doesn't actually cost the hospital to put people (or stuffed animals) in the machine.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Most hospitals buy or lease their CT and MRI machines. Once the machine is installed, you can use it as much or as little as you like without incurring any additional costs (it's not like a vending machine where you have to pay every time you use it).

To compare it to normal people/non-hospital stuff, it's like buying an electric fan or a coffee machine. Once you have it, you can use it as often (or as little) as you want.

The cost is just what the insurance company bills the patient for being scanned, but it doesn't actually cost the hospital to put people (or stuffed animals) in the machine.

I know that. The point is: In my country, if you need CT, you have to wait in the biiiig queue. It takes about 3/4 months to have scan (unless you have an accident) and it cost about 120$. The machines in almost every hospital, are working 24/h to minimize the queue. Are there really hospitals in USA, where dr deluca could spend time with a little girl and do CT to plush kitty instead of working? Or where dr Lincoln could ask his inferior to cover his services, becouse doughter of his patient is sceary, and he want to spend time with her? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, askasza said:

I know that. The point is: In my country, if you need CT, you have to wait in the biiiig queue. It takes about 3/4 months to have scan (unless you have an accident) and it cost about 120$. The machines in almost every hospital, are working 24/h to minimize the queue. Are there really hospitals in USA, where dr deluca could spend time with a little girl and do CT to plush kitty instead of working? Or where dr Lincoln could ask his inferior to cover his services, becouse doughter of his patient is sceary, and he want to spend time with her? 

Of course the entire story line is crap because they have done Pro Bono before, especially since they now own the hospital. What happened? Catherine said one day: "Enough with Pro Bono cases, we don't have the money like we use to because of all the hush money." "Charge everyone!" Hell, Meredith could have done charity and paid the bills herself, everyone else caves to her, why not billing?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, askasza said:

I know that. The point is: In my country, if you need CT, you have to wait in the biiiig queue. It takes about 3/4 months to have scan (unless you have an accident) and it cost about 120$. The machines in almost every hospital, are working 24/h to minimize the queue. Are there really hospitals in USA, where dr deluca could spend time with a little girl and do CT to plush kitty instead of working?

Yes, there really are hospitals where a doctor would have the time to take a little girl and do a fake scan beforehand. Not every hospital is running back to back scans 24 hours a day. Seattle has several hospitals to service the city's population (which is under 1 million people) so although there is a steady flow of patients, they definitely do not have a 3 month wait for CTs or MRIs at Grey Sloan. My mother in law waited about an hour to get a scan when she went to the ER.

In addition, when patients are scheduled for a scan, there are several things that need to be done beforehand (additional paperwork that the patient has to sign, setting up the parameters for the scan, etc) before actually going into the scanner. When we book an hourlong slot to scan someone, the actual scan doesn't take the full hour so even if the scanner schedule was pretty packed, Deluca could slide in at the beginning or end of a scanner slot to do a quick fake scan of his patient's stuffed animal.

And at Grey Sloan, the doctors definitely have time to do things like take kids to the scanner. We've seen them waste so much time doing non-medical things (having personal conversations in the stairwells, having sex in various rooms, etc) that I'm just glad that they find time to interact with their patients.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't think the guy breaking his coccyx was funny at all.  I'm no fan of HAOG but I was with him on this one.  You do have to find the humour in medical situations but not by laughing at the patients.

I totally agree with this. Yeah, you have to find humor but it's disrespectful to laugh at patients during their surgery. And I liked HAOG not backing down when Richard tried to lecture him on why it's ok for us to make fun of patients.

I can't stand Glasses but he had one good moment for me--when he started singing. Because that just seemed like a "hell why not" thing to do. I also was thinking he should see if she was game for other songs--like Take On Me by AHA. That's a fun group sing. Otherwise, please get him off my screen.

The insurance fraud thing is so annoying for so many reasons. First, I thought last week implied Richard stopped Meredith from going through with it. Second, I hate it when they try to do legal-ish things and just make it so unrealistic. You don't get cuffed for one instance of insurance fraud and whatever happens doesn't happen in a blink of an eye. Third, Deluca/Meredith --no and it's not believable he'd go to jail for this. He should fly to Switzerland.

Maggie and Avery are so hard to watch. It just does not work as a couple. I also can't see how someone who agrees to go camping (albeit reluctantly) would be "nah" on hiking to a waterfall. People generally like waterfalls. I'm not a camping person (have only truly camped one time) but if I was there, I would expect to do things like hike around. The "we can't leave" because it is raining made no sense. They should have laid some groundwork like some how showing the only road out had flash flooded. Also, it made no sense that she'd be off the grid when the only other cardio person is on the verge of giving birth. That's not when you time your camping trip.

• Love 12

I was also surprised that Owen didn't either face time his Magic Shrink dude on the plane and solve the lady's issue right then or just do the therapy himself. I'm sure he's qualified after 2 or so sessions. . . I really thought that's where it was going.

I'm also tired of scenes of (a) parent gets frustrated, yells at doctor "you promised" you'd take care of my kid; and (b) doctor then comes up with some new idea to buy some time. Parent frustration is real. I get that. However, blaming doctor for kid having a heart attack is not and doctor suddenly getting a bright idea is not.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I'm also tired of scenes of (a) parent gets frustrated, yells at doctor "you promised" you'd take care of my kid; and (b) doctor then comes up with some new idea to buy some time. Parent frustration is real. I get that. However, blaming doctor for kid having a heart attack is not and doctor suddenly getting a bright idea is not.

I get that the mom was frustrated but she already knew that Alex was trying to get Unicorn Blood to the hospital. What did she expect him to do at that point when she yelled, "YOU PROMISED!" at him? Drive to the airplane himself and personally escort this other woman to the hospital? He already sent two other doctors to fetch her so I don't think a third would have helped (although sending two DIFFERENT doctors in the first place might have been a better idea to begin with).

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I get that the mom was frustrated but she already knew that Alex was trying to get Unicorn Blood to the hospital. What did she expect him to do at that point when she yelled, "YOU PROMISED!" at him? Drive to the airplane himself and personally escort this other woman to the hospital? He already sent two other doctors to fetch her so I don't think a third would have helped (although sending two DIFFERENT doctors in the first place might have been a better idea to begin with).

EXACTLY

They need to stick to parent frustration that is in the realm of believable. S. McClaine "give my daughter the shot!!" scene in Terms of Endearment is exactly that. That's what a mother does.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Especially when the said Unicorn Woman is agoraphobic. However, I find it absolutely stupid that the FEDS would be there so fast and then take just the shrink into custody thinking he was a terrorist. I'm sorry ShondaLand, but FEDS also see who they are with and would have most likely grabbed both the woman and Schmitt himself. Or at the least taken them all, dropped off the woman and Mr. Idiot at the hospital. Plus, they would have been contacted as the reason the doctor was with the woman was an emergency. Oh no, it's: "Come with us, don't say anything sir!" "Also, I hope your patient dies because this guy might blow up a building." 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, readster said:

However, I find it absolutely stupid that the FEDS would be there so fast and then take just the shrink into custody thinking he was a terrorist. I'm sorry ShondaLand, but FEDS also see who they are with and would have most likely grabbed both the woman and Schmitt himself. Or at the least taken them all, dropped off the woman and Mr. Idiot at the hospital. Plus, they would have been contacted as the reason the doctor was with the woman was an emergency. Oh no, it's: "Come with us, don't say anything sir!" "Also, I hope your patient dies because this guy might blow up a building." 

I don’t think the FEDS thought he was a terrorist. I’m sure I heard the shrink say he didn’t have a valid visa(which is still stupid as they obviously arrived by private plane and the FEDs wouldn’t get there that quickly.)

Also to the private plane, who is paying for all of this!?! What magical insurance do Gus” parents have? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, PrincessTT said:

It doesn’t come as a complete surprise that DeLuca is taking the fall for Meredith... I mean didn’t he drop the charges against Alex a few seasons ago because Jo was scared of her identity coming out in court, and DeLuca thought he was in love with Jo. 

And then he was going to give up his career and life to go on the run with that other doctor (Sam?) before she got shipped off to Cristina.

So we have already been shown him as a “falls hard & fast and doesn’t make rational decisions when in love” kind of guy.

Yup. That is exactly how I see the character-- especially after he declared his love (to Mere) last week. He's the kind of dude that likes to fall in love. He is in love with love. Not the person but the entire concept/idea/notion of love and the sacrifice he feels it entails.

It's all good. I don't really care about him one way or another -- I only care about Meredith and he seems to make her smile-- well until he professed his love that is! Haha!

Meredith makes Jo palatable. Otherwise Jo is worthless and she drags Alex down.

Owen is going to profess his love for Amelia. Especially after they made Teddy all breathlessly declaring her love for him to Amelia. The show telegraphed this mess from the beginning.

Maggie and Jackson doing anything makes me turn the channel. So I did.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, readster said:

However, I find it absolutely stupid that the FEDS would be there so fast and then take just the shrink into custody thinking he was a terrorist. I'm sorry ShondaLand, but FEDS also see who they are with and would have most likely grabbed both the woman and Schmitt himself. Or at the least taken them all, dropped off the woman and Mr. Idiot at the hospital. Plus, they would have been contacted as the reason the doctor was with the woman was an emergency. Oh no, it's: "Come with us, don't say anything sir!" "Also, I hope your patient dies because this guy might blow up a building." 

In an episode more crazy than even GA usually is, this is the one thing that I bought.

As @sarkygal said, it was border guards saying that there is a problem with his visa. If you're from another country coming into the US, the border guards are the scariest part of the trip because they have so much power and very little controls on them.  A woman who is on the board of a legal marijuana company was refused entry to a conference because she was affiliated with a legal company. A friend told me about her daughter-in-law losing a job because the border guard didn't believe her even though she had papers from the company and wouldn't let her in the country (her Asian features may have had something to do with it). One of my colleagues was almost refused entry for a conference she was presenting at until she lied and said she was really going on vacation and meeting her friends there.

So yeah, I can totally believe that some border guard took a look at the turban and the brown skin and decided to hold this guy instead of letting him through.

Owen is going to profess his love for Amelia. Especially after they made Teddy all breathlessly declaring her love for him to Amelia. The show telegraphed this mess from the beginning.

If he does, I really hope Amelia turns him down.  But it all depends on how much the show loves Owen and whether Kim Raver is on board for another year, not on any kind of logic.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

As per usual, many many awesome comments, observations and criticisms here ... I always look forward to reading the episode rehashes here the next day!

I won't belabor many issues or share most of my feelings (always so! many! feels! for Grey's, my favorite show) except for one observation which is likely my totally overthinking and/or misunderstanding the actual situation:

As soon as (Jackson? The limo driver? Not sure who it was) said something about a little bit of fog rolling in, I pretty much knew where this was going ... BUT ...

I thought that the limo driver said/scene implied that the fog was so thick that they were virtually at a standstill, inching along with no way to bail out ... this in itself would have given them the set-up of Unicorn Blood having no way to get to GS. 

But the chain reaction of accidents absolutely sounded like much higher-impact and devastating collisions. 

Also, ditto to poster who wished we had Casey Parker on call. Unless the actor has a great new starring role elsewhere, I hate that we've gotten stuck with Glasses, HAOG and Hellmouth as featured interns (and likely first and last as regulars soon) when Parker would be such a great permanent addition to the cast. 

• Love 4

It’s so cliche when women on TV shows seem totally into the man and then when he profess his love, the woman freaks out.  From my experience of my own and friends and family....if the man professes his love....it’s usually a happy and exciting time.  It’s hard to find a real connection and showing women freaking out or playing hard to get is not that common (unless you really have no interest or attraction to the person).  Yes we know Meredith can have any man she wants....but still.

The feds coming and taking the DR away was just a political statement.

Again I hate Amelia’s way of talking.  Where she over enunciated certain words in a cutesy sarcastic tone.  Am I the only one who notices that?  

And some of the monologues.  

“I’m not adventurous AND I’ve never bungee jumped or skydived, AND I’ve never been close to a wild animal but I want to experience adventures with you AND I want to be adventurous AND you are confusing AND captivating AND chaotic and I don’t do confusing or chaotic.   I’m unconfusing and unchaotic but I want to experience confusing AND chaotic AND be captivated by you.  

Totally made up monologue but you get  the idea.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Joana said:

I agree, except I don't think he was doing it to protect the integrity of the patient. To me it looked like he was still pouting because he was proven wrong and the man did need a scan and it wasn't just an ortho problem. And being an asshole in general, because apparently that's how he is. I don't know where they're going with his storyline, but I sincerely hope it ends with him leaving next week.

I think his reaction had more to do with his patient who died on his watch a few episodes ago.  Regardless of the reasons for his reaction, I do think it was the correct reaction, and I loved his total dismissal of Richard's condescending bullshit.

@funnygirl was totally right that Alex mostly stopped being Evil Spawn when Arizona took him under her wing.  Except for that time he almost beat DeLuca to death, but that's not a big deal according to the show and something everyone can laugh about now!  HAHAHA. #stillnotoverit

It's too bad Owen didn't tell the limo driver to take Derek's much more scenic, much less trafficked, completely and totally real route from Sea-Tac to the hospital.  They'd have been there in no time!  (Watch out for semis, though!)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

It’s so cliche when women on TV shows seem totally into the man and then when he profess his love, the woman freaks out.  From my experience of my own and friends and family....if the man professes his love....it’s usually a happy and exciting time.  It’s hard to find a real connection and showing women freaking out or playing hard to get is not that common (unless you really have no interest or attraction to the person).  Yes we know Meredith can have any man she wants....but still.

The feds coming and taking the DR away was just a political statement.

Again I hate Amelia’s way of talking.  Where she over enunciated certain words in a cutesy sarcastic tone.  Am I the only one who notices that?  

And some of the monologues.  

“I’m not adventurous AND I’ve never bungee jumped or skydived, AND I’ve never been close to a wild animal but I want to experience adventures with you AND I want to be adventurous AND you are confusing AND captivating AND chaotic and I don’t do confusing or chaotic.   I’m unconfusing and unchaotic but I want to experience confusing AND chaotic AND be captivated by you.  

Totally made up monologue but you get  the idea.  

You’re not the only one. It’s bugged me from her PP days and got worse on greys.

• Love 3

Jackson and Maggie can’t leave cause it’s raining? So do these writers know anything about Seattle and the weather at all? What a joke.

It's too bad Owen didn't tell the limo driver to take Derek's much more scenic, much less trafficked, completely and totally real route from Sea-Tac to the hospital.  They'd have been there in no time!  (Watch out for semis, though!)

Regarding the weather, a friend's sister moved to Dallas and went out to do some errands while it was raining. Her new coworkers were all aghast she was going out in the rain and asked why didn't she just wait until it stopped. She told them "Where I'm from if we wait until it stops  we'd never get anything done".

And assuming the plane landed at SeaTac or Boeing Field which are both south of town and they took the freeway (we call I-5 the freeway here Alex, 99 is the highway) Owen asked if Mercer would be better it's like um...if you're near Mercer you passed the hospitals like 3 miles ago. Mercer St is north of First Hill where Grey Slone is most likely to be. So you should've taken that James St exit!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1