Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I would like a clear explanation as to how Lala redeemed herself, per Stassi, to become friends with everyone.

LaLa essentially bought her way into this group’s good graces via her man—-once she was able to mention Rand in public and bring him around them all like a legitimate golddigger fiancée playing hostess to her friends, the group didn’t mind hanging out with her one bit. 

Suddenly she’s taking them all on PJ trips, lavishing them with generous gifts and given them nice tastes of the good life to which she’s become accustomed. She managed to charm them all thanks to her strategic generosity aka secure her spot on the show. It probably helps that she’s at least fun and attractive enough to get along with the group, but it’s also interesting to notice how she’s played all these chucklefucks every bit as much as she’s played her man.

• Love 20
(edited)
13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

50 reminded Randall that Randall owed 50 a million dollars and put that on instagram too.

I think it was only 1 million

Yes only one million.  What she is saying is that he owed fifty cent (“50”) one million dollars 

Edited by Rbonnie
Bolded for clarity
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I would like a clear explanation as to how Lala redeemed herself, per Stassi, to become friends with everyone.

PJ rides

45 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Makes sense.  Jax has fifteen years on James.  He is so much younger than the rest and he is LA bred for years, while they are all emigrants.  

Lala has a “man” who left his wife and kids.  He has less money than he did when he was married fo’ sho.’  Plus, he is so unprepossessing.  In this botoxed and heavily groomed crowd, this must count as a sin that only large money could forgive.  Hence, her bragging.  But she probably has no clue.  Doesn’t want to know.  

Receipts on James being LA bred?  Pretty sure he was born and raised in the UK.  

• Love 2

This really wasn’t the year for them to try to freeze James and Raquel out.  I’m pretty sure LVP identifies with those 2 now after experiencing the gang up on RHOBH around the same time frame.  The job at SUR for Raquel is as much a fuck you to her fellow HoWives as it is to the chucklefucks (at least emotionally).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Um wow. I have so many thoughts right now; I don't even know if I can organize them. 

Let me just say, I think James is a very flawed individual. But when I watch them all coming for him time after time after time, I find myself feeling less animosity towards him. When he flips out and starts throwing insults left and right, they all say - "Finally the real you comes out." But I feel like what we're really seeing is hurt. He pushes buttons on purpose because he feels ganged up on. 

I mean, they ALL go for the jugular. I think a good point was made that Jax was super shitty at James's age. James definitely needs to stay sober and work on not engaging, but I don't think he's solely to blame for all the drama. 

Raquel is another issue, though. Good God. She was out there way too long. Her voice is so grating. I about died when she kept referring to herself as a beauty queen. 

I'm beyond over Lala and her arrogance. But I don't get everyone bagging on her about Rand not being on the show. That's HIS choice. Lala can't make him. They're all just thirsty. But she does need to take a seat, acting like he's Martin Scorsese over there. 

I think Lisa was using the Toms thing more for a funny story line than they were aware of. She's ruthless. I feel for Sandoval, a bit; Because he's a very dedicated bartender. He's as serious about it as Ariana is about comedy. Obama or Kristen; it doesn't matter. He'll put his all into that cocktail. 

I like James, flaws and all, and hope he finds some coping mechanisms to address his bad behavior. He says a lot that is out of line but these people really do gang up on him. He kept saying he doesn't care about them, but he really, truly does and hates being left out. Jax and Kristen especially need to shut the fuck up.

I'm glad that Tom and Ariana and somewhat Schwartz care about him while still calling him on his shit. But Brittany, the hillbilly disco ball, and Katie needs to shut up, too. Brittany cracked me up questioning their loyalty because they stood up for James. Her reckoning is coming, soon, however, because Jax is going to be a horrible, horrible husband.

Raquel is a hot mess. That dress was ridiculous and her calling herself a beauty queen even more so. I mean, what the actual fuck!

Yes, Lala needs to stop acting like Randall is a major studio director, but he does have a real job and career and is a PARENT and too old to be hanging out with them all the time and doing this silly show. He hangs with them because of he cares for Lala and that should be enough.

That's also, I think, a bit where they go wrong with Lisa. She is not their friend. They are decades younger and while she cares about them (or not) to varying degrees, she does not see them as friends and equals. It's not how baby boomers think. She gave the Toms this chance because it's a brilliant marketing opportunity, she likes their joie de vivre, as she said, and I think she also truly respects FITom's dedication to his craft. It also made for a good storyline. Their financial contribution was more of a gesture and a drop in the bucket, given the entire cost, and it's going to take time to make a profit. At the same time, it could be a stepping stone for something greater if they use this chance wisely, but it will take time.

The preview in the beginning of Scheana bragging about Adam going down on her? Oy!

• Love 15
(edited)
47 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

PJ rides

Receipts on James being LA bred?  Pretty sure he was born and raised in the UK.  

He went to high school in LA.  It was posted here; his name is not “Kennedy” it is Georgiou or something.  He was well known as a jerkoff.

His father, it has been said, was in “the business.”  LA is where “the business” is.  James alone of his brothers is pleasant-looking, so naturally stardom should be his.

These folks all want to be stars.  But I digress.

Edited by SFoster21
Had to add something.
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SFoster21 said:

He went to high school in LA.  It was posted here; his name is not “Kennedy” it is Georgiou or something.  He was well known as a jerkoff.

according to an interview I saw, he moved to CA when he was about 16.  That’s not LA bred and means he’s actually lived here fewer years than most of them.  Stassi went to college at LMU and moved to LA at 18 to do so.  Does that make her LA bred too?  It does mean she’s been in LA longer than James since she’s more than 2 years older than him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, oakville said:

LVP did not want to be challenged by the Toms. I didn't realize that almost none of their recipes made the final cocktail list.

She was pretty upset to offer them back their investment.

LVP’s continuous mental loop, no matter who she’s dealing with: “Why can’t these little people just be grateful and genuflect?”

• LOL 5
  • Love 18

This belief that people should just "be grateful" to LVP, even when she is doing shady things, is part of the reason why I understand the frustration that fellow cast members must have with her.  Lisa must see some value in having the Toms' names on the bar, in having them appear at the bar and on the show, and in offering them a minority partnership.  Since she does see that value, why then does she go out of her way to minimize their importance?

Because she wants to be the Queen Bee that is never questioned. The fact is that she should also be grateful to this group, because there is no doubt that they've made even more rich and they've certainly helped in making her a bit of a household name. Again, I will point out, Lisa herself is not that interesting, to me. A show about Lisa just running these restaurants would be extremely boring. She needs their drama, otherwise I doubt she has the block of restaurants-as-tourist-attraction that she has. And yet, as she feels them all pulling away from her, she's pushing more and more the "you should be grateful to me" line. I'd be annoyed to, if I were on whose personae she's building her empire on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Maybe it is me....but, this Tom Tom business sounds more like a promoting business deal....rather than a restaurant partnership.

Then she got them to pay money! And, expects them to fund the building cost which she said was 2 millions dollars.

The Toms will never make any money on Tom-Tom.....after all expenses paid.

The Toms need to get themselves some GOOD lawyers.  

LVP stole their ‘Tom-Tom brand’ they built on VPR. 

They need to tell LVP....yes!  We want our money returned.  Then get the Tom Tom sign taken off the building. 

They are in over their heads......if they think it was going to be their bar and they were real partners.........LVP said, I will show you the accounting papers ONCE a year! 🤣

‘We made 20 millions......but, still owe 25 millions. So,  no money for you.’

I bet LVP regrets.....saying that on TV!  I will give you....your money back!

Take the money.....and, RUnnnnnnnnn!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, albarino said:

Seriously, what is with her and her attire?  She looks terrible!  And fat!  And I don't even think she is fat.  Support your breasts and cover your sausage arms.  Other than that, she needs to keep doing what she is doing because it is working for her (wink).

...and what’s with Katie's weird cleavage? It’s so strange looking I wondered if the make up people “shadowed/contoured” incorrectly.

its like her bubbies are way high...or are they under her armpits? 

I don’t recall EVER seeing Katie in a flattering outfit.

• Love 11

I'm still a James fan.  That pack of bully-wolves have been hounding and nipping at that kid (and I do mean kid) for years.  Enough, already.  Grow the eff up. 

Yeah, James has an ugly temper and says vile things, particularly when drinking to excess, but those things he says are also often true.   

Plus, that little gang is well aware of his vicious, sarcastic, down-right mean tendencies, yet will bait him at the first opportunity they can find and then cry when he eviscerates them.  Sorry, but playing rough shod with James gets people hurt.     

No one on that show has a leg to stand on in the ethical or moral department.  Step back and take a dang breath, children.  A little honest introspection never hurt anyone. 

• Love 19
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

...and what’s with Katie's weird cleavage? It’s so strange looking I wondered if the make up people “shadowed/contoured” incorrectly.

its like her bubbies are way high...or are they under her armpits? 

I don’t recall EVER seeing Katie in a flattering outfit.

Katie is shaped like a box. Women with a short torso will have boobs around their armpits.

Remember....Phaedra....from Real Housewives of Atlanta. Same short torso. Boob cleavage around the collarbone area. It is a real unfortunate shape. 

ETA: Katie has worn many bikinis and  she is NOT fat. It is the illusion of the short torso not creating a proper waistline......she is all rib cage in the middle.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

$2.5 mil before the doors even opened, much less operating costs.  "$50K" from the Toms, who are little more than eye (and possibly nose) candy.  Tom Tom can do without them, and their stupid names, and their "Star" status.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
30 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I'm still a James fan.  That pack of bully-wolves have been hounding and nipping at that kid (and I do mean kid) for years.  Enough, already.  Grow the eff up. 

Yeah, James has an ugly temper and says vile things, particularly when drinking to excess, but those things he says are also often true.   

Plus, that little gang is well aware of his vicious, sarcastic, down-right mean tendencies, yet will bait him at the first opportunity they can find and then cry when he eviscerates them.  Sorry, but playing rough shod with James gets people hurt.     

No one on that show has a leg to stand on in the ethical or moral department.  Step back and take a dang breath, children.  A little honest introspection never hurt anyone. 

I recall James telling about his leg being broken by bullies. And always being picked on.  And never having friends.

I felt bad for him at the time.  I still feel bad, but wonder if he was bullied or someone finally had enough of his insults.

James thoroughly enjoys being a jerk.  His face lights up when he's insulting people. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Agree.  I just can’t stand Kristin and I truly do not understand how all of them have remained friends with her.  I will never forget her getting dressed up to go get her mail at Sandoval’s house and sitting there going through it like it was important.  

I still can't and never will get over her fucking her best friends boyfriend and her boyfriends best friend while boyfriend was sleeping in the next room!! And the horrible things Lala said to Katie "I see you haven't been working on your summer body". But again, James is the asshole that should never be forgiven! 

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Drogo said:

But that's what winners of pageants are called. They all took it as something it wasn't- as if she were out there saying she was more beautiful than anyone else. 

Raquel came on with the (obviously rehearsed) line that she could see why the other women would be intimidated by her, as she came on the show as a beauty queen.  The context of that comment cannot be ignored.  If someone who I don't like for a myriad of reasons implies that my dislike of them may be due to jealousy and not obvious flaws in their personality, they are not going to walk away without at least a little derision, especially if the person in question is walking around with a nose that would make Pinocchio covering up Watergate blush.  Plus, not to split hairs too much, but is she actuallly a "beauty queen" (I didn't think we had those anymore) or has she been a "pageant queen" at some point in the past?  

They were all, with the exception of Scheana, acting like disgusting little four-years-olds and I was embarassed that I watch, but even with this everyone going for the jugular at once mentality,  I don't think it's within the realm of decency for Jax to make a dig at Raquel and for James to retort with a dig against Brittney.  In this one isolated situation, Brittney is innocent.  She didn't say or do anything against James at this point in time.  James used rhetoric to imply that Brittney couldn't be a beauty queen because he was offended by something Jax said.  You go after Jax then, if that's the case.  Brittney doesn't belong to Jax; she's not his horse.  She's a sovereign person, and James had no right to take a dig at her for that comment.  Sandoval and his sweater can choke on a dick for trying to justify that shit. 

Scheana was the only one being "decent" I guess, but she's disgusting in her own right.  "Hanging and banging" is something you say to your best girlfriends at happy hour after you've had a few too many.  Call me the biggest prude to ever walk the earth, but I don't think that's an appropriate thing to say on national TV.  Does Scheana have no discretion whatsoever?  I know she and Andy got into it a little bit about how Schean felt she didn't get enough camera time earlier this season, but is this really the way to get it?  To make sure the world knows there is a guy who is so into you that he'll lay the pipe with no strings attached?  Good for you Scheana, and the 99.9999% of women in America who enjoy that privilege.

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Yes, the Toms wouldn't be minority owners of TomTom without LVP...

They just want clarity and she has obfuscated a number of issues for unknown reasons. 

We were definitely watching the same show, because "obfuscate" is exactly the word I used for Lisa twice out loud last night.  She is purposely muddling issues, and she's getting away with it, because she's better at the game than they are, but she's not right.  

I can't remember exactly what Lisa said, and once these shit shows are off my DVR, they're gone forever, but at some point she tried to shame the Toms and all who stood with them by saying that this was supposed to be a fun endeavor.  Oh ok, then, no one is going to see a dime on returns then, right Lisa?  Since it's for fun, right?  She also tried to guilt the Toms back by saying she wishes she could have her name in lights.  I believe she said that twice.  Uh, check up the block for "Pump," asshole.  And you are making money off their name recognition, so stop playing as if that is some great privilege for them to have their extremely common first names in lights.  Even Andy wasn't buying her bullshit.  He wasn't letting it go, either, so hooray Andy? (Think I need a shower now).

Glad to see the ringmaster was dressed appropriately though.  At least I'm guessing that's what those tacky red rhinestones and a shirt with buttons open to below the cleavage was supposed to convey...

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, Drogo said:

But that's what winners of pageants are called. They all took it as something it wasn't- as if she were out there saying she was more beautiful than anyone else. 

Raquel is a sweet girl who doesn't deserve a quarter of the crap she's getting. 

To be honest? I took it that way as well. The way she talks, I can't make rhyme or reason out of what she's saying. 

I don't think she's all that sweet. I think she's incredibly fake. I think she wants in with "the in crowd" so badly; and we're going to see more of her true nature come out eventually. Just like all of them.  

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, dosodog said:

His face lights up when he's insulting people. 

Maybe - but nothing compares to Kristen's total JOY at him being insulted and piled on.  Her obsession is almost psychopathic.  Especially since SHE was the one, as James pointed out, that brought him into the group.  He left her (for several reasons, I imagine, the least of which was the fact that she physically assaulted him and that she was so concentrated on destroying Tom Sandoval and Ariana).  Maybe she thought that she wouldn't have to deal with him on the show after they broke up and is pissed as hell that he's still around.  

• Love 15

Am I the only one that thinks Raquel is beautiful? 

She needs to dump James.  He is stealing her pretty and tv stardom!

She can catch herself someone nice and established with her newfound fame.

When LVP said she was hired at SUR....does this mean she is promoted to full time cast member.....for next season???

Good to see Lala with the blond hair.  That brunette hair does absolutely zero for her looks.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The better comparison would be James didn’t leave after breaking up with Kristin since he wasn’t original cast and only dated her to get on the show, much like why Raquel is dating him.

I agree that Raquel is using James, same as he was using Kristen. 

I think there are two differences, though - 1. Kristen was using him equally. And I do think James is truly into Raquel. 2. James is a hell of a lot more entertaining than Raquel. I'd watch an entire spin off about DJ James Kennedy before watching 5 minutes of Raquel trying to bartend at Sur. 

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

This is how I feel. James needs to work on himself, FOR SURE. But it always seems like they egg him on to the point of him lashing out and then they can all sit back and say, "See? James is an asshole". I just always see him as the kid who was made fun of and left out on the playground. I can't help but feeling a bit badly for him. 

Everyone seems more  angry with James for RAPPING about Jax sleeping with Faith than with Jax for ACTUALLY sleeping with Faith. 

50 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I recall James telling about his leg being broken by bullies. And always being picked on.  And never having friends.

I felt bad for him at the time.  I still feel bad, but wonder if he was bullied or someone finally had enough of his insults.

James thoroughly enjoys being a jerk.  His face lights up when he's insulting people. 

Because he finally has their attention. 😞

2 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I can't stop wondering when her eyebrows are eventually going to meet and form a unibrow. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

😞I can't stop wondering when her eyebrows are eventually going to meet and form a unibrow. 

Hahahahahaaah!  She is really pretty.  We have the same hair.  But, I would kill for her eyebrows. Mine are so thin naturally. I have never tweezed them.....bc there is nothing there! 

Lala.....pretty, too.  Especially with the blond hair. 

Actually, all the LVP girls are pretty.

F71C289E-A045-42AF-A8F1-CDB0423A80A0.jpeg

F5CE0341-4534-4C6B-BA30-7DE471E2D21A.jpeg

• Love 1

Yea, Raquel just looks like a mouse. She doesn't do anything for me. 

Lala is very striking, when she keeps her hair light and tones down the makeup. I think Stassi is very pretty. Ariana has a very natural beauty about her. Katie can be downright gorgeous, but she tends to overdo everything and never styles herself well. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Kids can be so mean and he was probably picked on because of his accent, size, maybe was a little pimply. He probably developed that acerbic wit as a defense mechanism. James can be cruel, but as someone else here noted, his insults are often true.

Kristin is pathological with her hate for him and needs to get help. She can be just as mean as James but is even messier and psychotic about it. That's why Lisa doesn't care for her.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ronnie and Ben from Watch What Crappens were doing a live show during SXSW. Jax was at SXSW to promote Just Add X, his drink mixers. He wandered into the WWC live show. When the subject of James came up, Jax swore up and down that no one hated James. They didn't have a vendetta against James. The real issue is that they never really hang with James enough to form a friendship. In fact, Jax feels really sorry for James.

First-love to find another Crappens listener-they are truly the best.

Jax's rage when he brought up James' mom last night was alarming-his face was so red.  (I do not think that it was necessarily a bad comment since I think James brought up Jax's dad).  I think that if James could keep calm, he could get his point across so much better.  Like instead of freaking out and calling Brit a hillbilly, just ask her why she stays with Jax when he admitted to cheating.  Instead of screaming about Jax dad, just really go in on the fake IG account.  Leave Katie alone (this is NO endorsement of Katie) so that Schwartz stays on your side a little.  He isn't wrong about a lot of things, but the way he reacts to things covers that up. We need more James Rotten Tomatoes Gotti jokes and less "YOU ARE FAT!" jokes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Lala and James are really similar. They both have a volatile temper that leads to them hitting below the belt. They both can apologize for something and as soon as they feel threatened or that their apologies aren’t enough, they immediately revert back to their anger and say/do the very same things they had just given an apology for. The only reason why Lala seems more sincere is because she realized that to secure her spot, she needed to be in the good graces of the women and James became a liability so she dropped him like a bad habit and started lavishing the women with Randall’s money in order to buy their forgiveness. Whatever integrity they think they have, it’s not greater than their superficiality.

If Randall has a career that he has to protect that prevents him from even showing his face in the background on this show, then why doesn’t that apply to his other reality TV show appearances? Lala thinks that her life and her experiences are more important than theirs and it was very evident in the way she defended her choices at the expense of putting down the others.

I have never owned or partially invested in a business or a restaurant. If I did, I would certainly want documentation of my investment but I also realize that businesses can take at least a year to break even and despite no previous experience, I feel I would be smart enough to have a sit down with my business partners to discuss how expenses and pay-outs would be managed. I’d imagine that if you’re taking a salary and then taking any additional monies at the year-end, it will have implications on how I manage my taxes as well. I get the Tom’s being frustrated with not having their questions answered or not feeling they can approach LVP, but I also question how much work and research they’ve put into the ‘business’ aspect of this opportunity and at least some of their frustration and blowback has to do with not coming prepared and relying on other people to figure it out for them.

Jax called Raquel useless and called her a bitch….didn’t hear anyone speak up and say that wasn’t right. But don’t you dare call Katie ‘fat’ or Brittany a ‘hillbilly’. Jax kept making remarks and when James bit back, Jax would defer to Andy ‘look what he’s saying’…nobody but Sandoval called out the fact that Jax instigated everything and then got pissed when James didn’t just sit there and take it.

When Brittany said she’s proud to be a hillbilly because at least she’s not an asshole like him, I so badly wanted James to respond ‘who are you to talk when you’re marrying the biggest asshole, liar, cheat and thief sitting on this stage’. James is an absolute fuck up, but he’s surrounded by a group of people who are so disillusioned with themselves that they think they’re THAT much better.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Yes, Lala needs to stop acting like Randall is a major studio director, but he does have a real job and career and is a PARENT and too old to be hanging out with them all the time and doing this silly show. He hangs with them because of he cares for Lala and that should be enough.

That's not really true though - he doesn't hang with them for Lala, he's always hanging around the VPR crew like an embarrassing parent who won't go away. Him and Jax have some weird bromance. I don't think Rand is above them at all - I just think Lala doesn't want him on the show because their relationship is a complete embarrassment and everyone would see him for the doofy, shlubby, annoying "fat man" he is. As long he's hidden away from the eyes of the viewer than Lala can pretend like she's living this glamorous, aspirational lifestyle with a successful movie producer fiance. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, politichick said:

Kids can be so mean and he was probably picked on because of his accent, size, maybe was a little pimply. He probably developed that acerbic wit as a defense mechanism. James can be cruel, but as someone else here noted, his insults are often true.

Kristin is pathological with her hate for him and needs to get help. She can be just as mean as James but is even messier and psychotic about it. That's why Lisa doesn't care for her.

Kristen is what?  35?  She needs to be in therapy just as much as James.  They broke up something like 4 or 5 years ago and she's still stalking him, obsessing over him, and freaking the fuck out whenever it's brought up that James might be hanging out with people she knows.  Not normal at all.  Especially when she's "adulting" enough to make friends with The Nugget, who she's convinced was hanging and banging (thank you, Scheana) with Flat Iron while he and Kristen were still a couple.

Proof that practically everyone on this show is a chucklefuck = nobody calls Kristen on that shit.  

15 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

First-love to find another Crappens listener-they are truly the best.

Jax's rage when he brought up James' mom last night was alarming-his face was so red.  (I do not think that it was necessarily a bad comment since I think James brought up Jax's dad).  I think that if James could keep calm, he could get his point across so much better.  Like instead of freaking out and calling Brit a hillbilly, just ask her why she stays with Jax when he admitted to cheating.  Instead of screaming about Jax dad, just really go in on the fake IG account.  Leave Katie alone (this is NO endorsement of Katie) so that Schwartz stays on your side a little.  He isn't wrong about a lot of things, but the way he reacts to things covers that up. We need more James Rotten Tomatoes Gotti jokes and less "YOU ARE FAT!" jokes.

I think what was brought up were the Tweets that James posted about how Lala and Jax needed to move on or move forward past their fathers' deaths.  

I think Jax was hoping that James would completely wig out over bringing up his mother.  James may be an ass but he's not totally stupid.  His knows his mother is fairly useless so he didn't bite.  

I know it was mean but James calling Brittney a hillbilly disco ball was fucking hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Jax called Raquel useless and called her a bitch….didn’t hear anyone speak up and say that wasn’t right. But don’t you dare call Katie ‘fat’ or Brittany a ‘hillbilly’. Jax kept making remarks and when James bit back, Jax would defer to Andy ‘look what he’s saying’…nobody but Sandoval called out the fact that Jax instigated everything and then got pissed when James didn’t just sit there and take it.

Yes! Jax is such an obnoxious sociopath! He has no problem sitting over there spewing VILE insults at Raquel (for reasons I truly do not understand) yet the SECOND James calls Britt a hillbilly Jax looks as if he got punched in the spleen. "DID YOU HEAR WHAT JAMES SAID!? A HILLBILLY!>?" Like shut up Jason no one gives a shit you blithering, coked-up ogre. 

Edited by kelseykixx
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
(edited)

Unpopular opinion, they need James IMO.  They need conflict.  They need people who aren't buying million-dollar mansions and who don't all get along.  The rest of the cast, great that they're in good (? - well that's how they want to portray it) relationships and have money now, but it doesn't work with the premise of the show, which was to watch poor, struggling waiters in LA who have unstable relationships.

I think they need new blood without all the money/fame and more people that hang out with James.  At least he's funny.  Take him out of the equation and what's left of the show?  Stassi going to a fake oracle and the girls sucking up to Lala? Zzzzz.  Oh and Stassi, yeah, Lala "worked to" be your friends because she essentially bought your friendships.  Do you think for one second if Lala's boyfriend was another waiter at Sur the women would have given her the time of day?  Nope.  They only are good with her because of the PJs/status and money of Randall.

Because they gang up on James, it makes me root for him.  Can't believe I'm on team James/Tom/Ariana/Scheana.  That said, Raquel is super grating to listen to.  But it is a total double standard.  They can all attack James/Raquel and it's fine, but if James dares say something about Brittany, suddenly he's attacking her family? WTF?

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

Unpopular opinion, they need James IMO.  They need conflict.  They need people who aren't buying million-dollar mansions and who don't all get along.  The rest of the cast, great that they're in good (? - well that's how they want to portray it) relationships and have money now, but it doesn't work with the premise of the show, which was to watch poor, struggling waiters in LA who have unstable relationships.

I think they need new blood without all the money/fame and more people that hang out with James.  At least he's funny.  Take him out of the equation and what's left of the show?  Stassi going to a fake oracle and the girls sucking up to Lala? Zzzzz.  Oh and Stassi, yeah, Lala "worked to" be your friends because she essentially bought your friendships.  Do you think for one second if Lala's boyfriend was another waiter at Sur the women would have given her the time of day?  Nope.  They only are good with her because of the PJs/status and money of Randall.

Because they gang up on James, it makes me root for him.  Can't believe I'm on team James/Tom/Ariana/Scheana.  That said, Raquel is super grating to listen to.  But it is a total double standard.  They can all attack James/Raquel and it's fine, but if James dares say something about Brittany, suddenly he's attacking her family? WTF?

I agree with you. The rest of the cast has some sort of agreement to not criticize each other, which is why they go after Sandoval and Ariana like rabid dogs when Sandoval and Ariana offer the least bit of criticism. James has been the only source of conflict this season even when we've seen that there are issues in the group. Multiple people have expressed concern about Jax' motivations for proposing, but they aren't really allowed to say anything about it because of the mutual destruction pact. Katie has been a do nothing lump, but no one is going to say anything about it. Kristen has fallen back into her same old patterns, but it's Carter's fault? Stassi looked legitimately disgusted by Lala's revelation about her relationship with Randall, but didn't say shit about it. It's been James all day. All season.

Jax' behavior has been abhorrent. The fake twitter account and the cocaine video is beyond fucked up. Jax deserves to be excoriated for this. Since no one has or use criminal defamation anymore, James and his attorney need to contact the producers and explain the difference between dumb Twitter beefing and what Jax is doing. They need to lay it out that if Jax continues to pull this kind of shit uncensured by production, that James and Raquel will need to go to the police and report the harassment, which is what this shit is. They then need to send a cease and desist to Jax.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I agree with you. The rest of the cast has some sort of agreement to not criticize each other, which is why they go after Sandoval and Ariana like rabid dogs when Sandoval and Ariana offer the least bit of criticism. James has been the only source of conflict this season even when we've seen that there are issues in the group. Multiple people have expressed concern about Jax' motivations for proposing, but they aren't really allowed to say anything about it because of the mutual destruction pact. Katie has been a do nothing lump, but no one is going to say anything about it. Kristen has fallen back into her same old patterns, but it's Carter's fault? Stassi looked legitimately disgusted by Lala's revelation about her relationship with Randall, but didn't say shit about it. It's been James all day. All season.

Jax' behavior has been abhorrent. The fake twitter account and the cocaine video is beyond fucked up. Jax deserves to be excoriated for this. Since no one has or use criminal defamation anymore, James and his attorney need to contact the producers and explain the difference between dumb Twitter beefing and what Jax is doing. They need to lay it out that if Jax continues to pull this kind of shit uncensured by production, that James and Raquel will need to go to the police and report the harassment, which is what this shit is. They then need to send a cease and desist to Jax.

Agreed.   I was going to mention that in my original post actually, that it's like they all have this agreement now not to criticize and it makes for terrible television.  Lala sits there and calls everyone a loser basically for being on the show and how MYMAN is too important for such things, but Scheana and Stassi just very carefully, like they're afraid to poke at the beast are like, "woah that's a little not cool.  We'll still be BFFs of course, but please refrain from calling me and my bf/date a loser."  It almost reminds me of how the women of RHONY were with Bethenny when she first returned.  Except that (and I say this as someone who is not a Bethenny fan), Lala is soooooooooooooo not on Bethenny's level in any way.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, politichick said:

At the same time, it could be a stepping stone for something greater if they use this chance wisely, but it will take time.

Hahaaahhhhaaaaahhaaa!!!  Thank you Politichick, I needed this laugh today!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, nexxie said:

The point is she used grief as an excuse, but told Lala she can’t use it as an excuse.

Lala was using it a an excuse to act like an unhinged, foul-mouthed bitch.  That's what Lisa V was saying - that such behaviour couldn't just be excused away because of grief.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, Steph J said:

I mean, she still might. The question is whether he'll be the second husband or the third.

Ah, but will she have aged out of the conventionally attractive husband market, with or without continuing to inject herself with laboratory substances? 

4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

You're not; I do, too, and agree with the other poster who said as much about all the VPR women. Raquel unfortunately just is...well, I don't know if she's legitimately less intelligent; sometimes she'll say sensible things. Or if there's a massive difference between common sense and intellect. Could be her delivery, could be her approach that's masking a savvy person. Or I'm just going way overboard on benefit of the doubt because that was a hell of a show to sit through. Whatever it is that's going on beneath the hair, I find her a fascinating being to watch, a la a different species. 

• Love 5

Still trying to figure out that stank face of Katie's when LVP said Raquel had a job at Sur.

Is she gonna issue ANOTHER ultimatum?  I kinda wish she would, just so LVP could tell her to shove  it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

For once I’d like to see a reunion like this happen with a live audience. One where we the watchers can pose questions to the cast. Ooh watch them squirm then. 

LVP would never allow it, because she'd be too worried about any questions directed her way.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

$2.5 mil before the doors even opened, much less operating costs.  "$50K" from the Toms, who are little more than eye (and possibly nose) candy.  Tom Tom can do without them, and their stupid names, and their "Star" status.

Either LVP wants the Toms to take this endeavor seriously or she doesn't. If she does, then she should take their partnership seriously. If she doesn't, then maybe she should lay off all of the little snide comments.  But it's perfectly appropriate to call her out when she wants to have it both ways. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

For once I’d like to see a reunion like this happen with a live audience. One where we the watchers can pose questions to the cast. Ooh watch them squirm then. 

One where we the watchers can pose questions to throw things at the cast.   heh.

6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Either LVP wants the Toms to take this endeavor seriously or she doesn't. If she does, then she should take their partnership seriously. If she doesn't, then maybe she should lay off all of the little snide comments.  But it's perfectly appropriate to call her out when she wants to have it both ways. 

Their "partnership" is 5% - not exactly worth taking too seriously.  They are token chucklefucks.  Ariana and her comic genius should take THAT seriously.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Their "partnership" is 5% - not exactly worth taking too seriously.  They are token chucklefucks.  Ariana and her comic genius should take THAT seriously.

She does. That's why she's fearful of telling the truth about LVP, because she knows that LVP is vindictive towards those who reveal her shadiness.

I still can't get over the notion that she named the bar after them, expects their presence, and yet bristles at the idea that they may actually want to protect their own interests. Must be nice to be the Great-and-Powerful Lisa Vanderpump. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She does. That's why she's fearful of telling the truth about LVP, because she knows that LVP is vindictive towards those who reveal her shadiness.

I still can't get over the notion that she named the bar after them, expects their presence, and yet bristles at the idea that they may actually want to protect their own interests. Must be nice to be the Great-and-Powerful Lisa Vanderpump. 

It is good to be queen.  👸 

Just keep genuflecting at the appropriate times and the queen might let you live for another season.  👍

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Just to add to the list.  Ken trade marked TomTom wine and spirits in the last few months.  No indication that the Toms get  anything out of that.

At 5% I would expect it to be a silent partnership.  But it sounds like the Toms are required to promote the bar.  That is above and beyond what should be expected of a silent partner.  They deserve a salary, outside of filming, commensurate with what they get paid for appearing at bars and clubs which I have heard is equal to or more than filming an episode.

Sandoval seemed to accept this (and giving up the brand) because he thought LvP was going to mentor him until he became capable of going out on his own and replicate this. And frankly, from everything LvP said initially there was every reason for Sandoval to think LvP was offering that.

Still it was colossally stupid to give up their brand to Ken and Lisa.  I bet that they are prohibited from using it or any variation of it in other ventures. 

And notice that LvP offered to return their money and stay partners.  That is because its not the money she wants.  I bet if they took her up on it she'd love it.  She'd buy them out and get play lady bountiful all the while she'd require keeping the branding as part of the pay out.

I bet the reason LvP held onto the term sheet so long is that she didn't want to give them time between getting it and opening to really consider what they were giving up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I can understand why you find her annoying. I do think she is self absorbed and annoying, but I do not think she is as malicious as Stassi, Katie, Kristen, Lala or Jax. I find her fairly harmless. I also tend to root for her anytime the coven goes after her.

I saw the Flipping Out episodes that Rand was on, but Andy mentioned Rand being on The Kardashians. Anyone know what he did on that show? 

He was on Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s in the episode last season (I think, it may have been before that but it for sure was after he was on Flipping Out), when several of them played in a charity poker game. I recognized him immediately from Flipping Out. 

• Love 1

“Unpopular opinion, they need James IMO.  They need conflict.”

I was thinking that this is why they gave Raquel the job at SUR - to ensure James’ involvement with the cast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I think the #1 thing that bugs me about Raquel (aside from the sad desperation to be part of this crowd) is her voice.  Bitch you can have a million degrees but who's gonna take you seriously with that grating vocal fry?

I find Schwartz the least offensive of this group.  Sure he's also a dumb drunk loser, but he seems fully aware of the fact and seems to be the only one without a huge ego problem.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16