Type keyword(s) to search

Nine Perfect Strangers Anticipation

• Start Topic

Nicole Kidman to star in Nine Perfect Strangers

Nine Perfect Strangers — which earned a straight-to-series order from the streamer on Tuesday — takes place at a swanky health and wellness resort where nine frazzled city dwellers go to unwind. Kidman will play the resort’s director Masha, “a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies,” per the official synopsis. “However, these nine ‘perfect’ strangers have no idea what is about to hit them.”

I read it. At first it was like a vicarious vacation with all the beautiful descriptions of calming treatments,  along with the annoying habits of other "real" people who are there, too. 

Then it takes a sinister turn.  

I enjoyed the story because it seemed like it could really happen  (mostly). I liked the characterizations of the clients' personal foibles and the narrator's self-analysis. It seemed believable  (mostly) to me. 

I would go there ...if someone else paid.....including the surprise treatment. I'm almost 65 so I'm open to alternative elements.  

But I don't see Kidman as Masha.  I see a Susan Powter type--remember her? Or Jillian Michaels.  Or a more physically stronger-looking actress. No one really comes to mind right now.  Regina King maybe,who I adore. 

• Love 2