Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Bring Back My Queens!

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

Ru:  Who should go home?

Every single contestant:  Silky or Yvie.

Ru:  [knowing there’s no way Silky could beat Yvie in a lip sync] Silky and... Nina!

[lip-sync takes place:  Silky is by anyone’s standards an absolute disaster]

Ru:  Silky, you stay.

Nina is the victim of double-rigging.  What we saw was pure cheating on Ru’s part— she tried to rig it so Silky faced less competition and when that didn’t work she blatantly pretended the audience didn’t see what we just saw.*

* And if you think Silky’s lip sync looked bad to us remember that when the producers want a pre-arranged outcome they edit the hell out of those sequences, so Silky’s lip sync must have been literally the worst lip sync ever in the history of Drag Race.

This x 1000

• Love 6

I am so angry with last night's show that I may just stop watching. Silky was by far the worst of the night and she's still there?  Her costume fell apart and she almost tripped on it, her underthings were hanging out the back and sides, she climbed a wall and flopped around the floor, and she's still there?  WTF?  Rigged and ridiculous. 

I love Nina and I hope she slays whatever she does next. I have no doubt she will. 

• Love 22

Wow, that was awful. Why can’t Silky just go away? I bought her stupid “ not afraid to lip-sync” & that she’s be good at it because she said that. But she’s really, really not. 

• Love 4

The worst part of every episode is when Silky fakes indignation so she can make certain that she is the center of attention and earning ample camera time (while being loved by America).

Bad decisions all around. Vangie should have won. Silky should have gone home. Really starting to hate this season. I like Brooke, and she’s definitely the most polished, but she leaves me cold. 

Feeling bad for all the contestants climbing on the Yvie hate train- she’s no more of a tell-it-like-it-is sister than the rest of them, and is generally not shady.

This episode was designed to create drama, and not the good kind. I usually enjoy the makeover episode, but having them make over other drag queens removed most of the fun from the episode. The queens are usually the most likable and on their best behavior when they have guests. Also, by including Soju, obviously someone was going to feel like they drew the short straw.

I’m also really tired of A’keria stirring the sh*t. She’s pretty, but I’ve yet to see anything else of note from her (though admittedly, I’m not a fan of pageant queens. I’ll take camp any day of the week).

• Love 11

It's so obvious they have their stories scripted out to a T. Shuga didn't deserve to even be in the bottom last week, but she'd already provided the story needed so it was time to go. This week you had a bottom three where two were read for having poorly made garments, but they wouldn't put Yvie in the bottom because she'd send Silky home and you need Silky for drama. You can say Nina's look wasn't "fashion," but she's a comedy queen and has an aesthetic. Her looks were perfectly made and I thought she made Shuga look good.

THEN she did well in the lipsync and still went home? Silky didn't even know the words! I've seen some baffling choices on this show, but that has to be a first. Silky didn't know the words, her tricks didn't fit the song, she was low energy and sloppy, her wig reveal was horrific and her outfit was falling apart. This completely took me off from the show.

If the trend continues then obviously they'll bend over backwards to get rid of Akeria next week because her story is up. I just don't get why they can't let the most talented stay when it's so close to the end. Viewers are already invested.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ashleylm said:

I can't remember a worse LSFYL than Silky's ... even Valentina, despite not knowing the words, didn't seem drunk and deranged.  Silky's aimless flopping around (and not even desperate flopping around, casual out-of-time flopping around) had me in hysterics.

Her lip sync reminded me of Kennedy Davenport's drunk character on the Bitchelor.

I can and yet can't believe Nina was sacrificed to keep silky around. I was hoping Brook Lynne had pulled off some brilliant strategery because Silky looked rattled in the workroom when Ru was coming through, but of course Ru won't let her darling dr reverend attorney at law, jr go home. We all have to be subjected to her angry ranting while pretending to be charming while Ru is in the room. Jesus.

What's the "dream girls" thing they kept talking about? I don't remember it coming up before. Do they talk about it in Untucked? I've watched those except for this week's and may have tuned it out if it came up previously.

I was slightly uncomfortable with Nina bringing the trans flag into this because I'm not sure that equating trans people with drag is the best idea. A lot of cis people already view trans women as men in dresses. I know she was trying to show solidarity and her heart was in the right place, but I question it a little bit.

The slapping challenge seems like a more entertaining version of the reading challenge.

Scarlet still reminds me of my ex-bf and I'm annoyed that I apparently have a type. 

I still want Yvie to win.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, rlc said:

Feeling bad for all the contestants climbing on the Yvie hate train- she’s no more of a tell-it-like-it-is sister than the rest of them, and is generally not shady.

Same here. I haven’t watched Untucked this season so my opinion is based only on what we see during the actual episodes, but from what I recall, Yvie is usually practical and matter of fact when she criticizes anyone (as opposed to Silky who is nonsensical and ranting when she starts yelling at people, usually for disagreeing with her). On top of that Yvie’s critiques are more logical and fair-minded (less opinion based) and she doesn’t let her personal feelings direct or prevent her criticism, meaning she will not hesitate to call out queens who she likes/is friends with but she also doesn’t pick on people just because she doesn’t like them. No, she doesn’t need to put her two cents in all the time, but when she does it’s usually based on what she sees as (un)fairness and her sense of right and wrong. Silky, on the other hand, will jump on anyone who is less than complimentary to her. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying she’s a saint. I just think it’s strange that she’s the one who seems to be the least mean-spirited but the other queens are more upset about het comments than Silky’s temper tantrums. 

• Love 15
23 hours ago, icol said:

More than Nina going, what appalled me the most was that if it wasn't a double sashay, then it should not be Nina going home. Silky has no business AT ALL to stay there after trying to ruin the set, not knowing the words, splits out of tune etc. At least Nina's basic dance moves were in beat, and I feel like she was imitating TLC, Salt N Pepa, Aaliyah 90s r&B moves, but TKB she ain't.

I thought Nina was clearly trying to be funny in an awkward white girl way and surprised people hated her lipsync so much.  I'm consistently just cracked up by her facial expressions though, so I might be biased.

I do feel bad for Silky getting so much hate, even though I don't like her.  She is so defensive and not in a place to hear criticism.  I blame the show for putting her in that position. I can't see her making it to the final four if they are planning on a live finale again.  I wish they had kept Nina West for that because she could have put together something creative together for a final lipsync challenge.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

Silky didn't even know the words!

Bitch, how you don't know the words to "No Scrubs"?

I saw this writing on the wall.  They're giving Silky just enough criticism to say there was some. Anybody else in the world who tried sashaying herself down a RuPaul runway looking as homemade and half-done as Silky has all season, not mention performing as half-assed, would've been read until she turned into an actual doctor.  But even *Michelle* has only the barest of bones for Sister Silky?  And I haven't even gotten in my feelings about Brooke vs. Vangie or Ru's increasingly gross workroom persona.

I never hate-watch anything. I have to love more about it than I hate to keep up with it. But this season has steadily been losing me, and now with this one-two punch of Nina unjustly following Shuga out the door she was just booted through herself, I'm out. I still like Yvie, Brooke, and Vangie to varying degrees, but I don't need to let my pressure get up behind me yelling at a TV show.  Good luck to anybody left who knows how to use a hip pad and where to buy hair.  Best of luck Nina, Shuga, Scarlet in your future endeavors.

• Love 8
(edited)

WOW. I feel like an idiot for actually believing Silky when she praised her lipsyncing abilities!

But, there's a bright side to this - IF Silky makes it to top 3 (which, I think, is the way this is going, unfortunately), there's NO way she's going to win the season, especially if she's there with Brooke Lynn and Yvie, which I think - and hope - is probable. I think either A'keria or Vanjie's going home next week. 

Though… since this season has completely made me not care what happens, I almost wish for some kind of a trainwreck finale where Silky's climbing the walls and Vanjie's wearing one of her 700 leotards on the stage. 

Edited by Rosenrot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, belligerent said:

What's the "dream girls" thing they kept talking about? I don't remember it coming up before. Do they talk about it in Untucked? I've watched those except for this week's and may have tuned it out if it came up previously.

I don't remember it before, either, which was fascinating. It was said so casually it must have been a thing, I wonder why the editors didn't bring it into the show. 

I can't feel sorry for Silky. She came in hard trying to claim a catchphrase and airtime, it backfired. It's unfortunate, but...it's also her own doing. I'd feel bad if I felt like she got a bad edit, but that doesn't seem to be the case, yet. 

Random thought--could they ever split screen the final lip sync so we choose who to watch? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

I never hate-watch anything. I have to love more about it than I hate to keep up with it. But this season has steadily been losing me, and now with this one-two punch of Nina unjustly following Shuga out the door she was just booted through herself, I'm out.

Rupaul does sometimes give you that cathartic moment where the villain gets their comeuppance, like Phi Phi and the mirror in All Stars 2.  Hopefully they decide to kick Silky off now that they see how bad her lipsyncing is.  It would be a disaster to put that in front of a live audience.

This elimination was complete and utter bullshit and I think a lot less of RuPaul for it.  If he thinks SILKY is a winner, then this show is off my playlist for good.  I can't stand Akeria either...little shit-stirrer she is.  This particular episode has really turned me off.  I thought Shuga was robbed last week, and this has just compounded the dislike for this show.  Not sure I will be back.  Again, bullshit!

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I am kinda feeling bad tho that EVERY article coming out is saying what a fucked up choice Ru made keeping silky and silky should have gone home I mean you know she sees these things and that does kinda have to crush silky. kinda like roxxxy Andrews and always being the joke of her season for being carried to the end and not earning  it.. its 100% true but it does have to sting being the person who its being said about 

I more than often agree with you, but here... no. Just no. It has been filmed [ETA : the show] months ago. Silly NutMeh Garbage could have grown a little bit, doing damage control, etc. but she didn't anything of that... More of the opposite :

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 2

It’s going to be fascinating to see how Ru treats Silky at the reunion. Ru must realize that he’s damaged his own reputation with this nonsense, and I’m very eager to see how he addresses it.

I can see it going two different ways:

1. Ru attempts damage control by saying, “Yes, I gave you a lot of free passes on some busted-ass looks, but that’s because you have such raw star power, yada yada yada, I have so much respect for someone who has so much confidence and doesn’t let their size hold them back...even if they act crazy sometimes.”

2. Ru attempts damage control the opposite way, and says something like, “When we were filming the season, I didn’t get to see the way you acted backstage. Clearly the Silky I saw onstage was not the real Silky.”

Followed by her ripping into Silky the way Tyra Banks ripped into that one contestant, (“I was rooting for you!”), and calling her out especially for the treatment of the guest judges.

Please, God, let it be the second one.

• Love 6
(edited)

Soju is seriously mental! As much as I can’t stand Silky, she got stuck with someone who doesn’t know a damn thing about drag. Soju is not a car crash worth watching.

The person I like the least out of this season is RuPaul, because she robbed an eligible queen from getting Soju’s spot, she sends Vanjie the wrong message by constantly  saving her one note ass, she’s been shit-stirring more than ever, and she gave us Silky. I’ve never seen a non-All Stars season nosedive like this one. 

Edited by Not4Me
  • Love 3
On 5/9/2019 at 9:42 PM, EctoGammat said:

So tired of Silky talking sh!t about everyone else but acting like she’s been personally wronged when someone critiques her. 

How many times have we heard that she doesn't care, she'll lip sync for her life and she isn't afraid? She finally has to do it and she suddenly becomes all afraid.  Because she sucks.  

On 5/10/2019 at 8:23 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

About Silky, I wonder if she has gained weight or lost weight during the competition.  Her excuses about the hip pads not behaving made me wonder if she has had a weight fluctuation that she did not know how to overcome.  Of course, she is so sloppy that maybe her pads were always lumpy, but she was wearing gowns that covered it.  If she does end up winning this thing, I will be pissed.  Silky half-asses her drag but thinks she is fabulous.  We have had larger queens who have given us better silhouettes over the years.  

This is not something I can figure out how to phrase delicately, so I'm sorry if it comes across harshly, I just don't know how else to put it.  Silky is big, and she has a lot of very loose skin, because of being big.  Some people are big, but sort of solid at the same time, other people are big and they just sort of sag and flop everywhere.  Silky likely can gain or lose weight without it making a huge difference to the way her clothing and padding are, because she's in the second group and it takes a much longer time for weight loss to have an impact (visibly), but you can also usually "hide" some weight gain when you have that body type.  (I'm not Silky's size, but I'm sort of similar, I always marvel at the people who say that gaining or losing 10 lbs is a size, I have lost 40 lbs and stayed the same exact size)

Michelle and Ru both said the padding problem was it appearing lumpy and the way to fix it was by wearing more tights.  I'm thinking the problem was that Silky might not have the right foundation garments? It sounds like she almost needs some sort of spanx level tights to go under whatever "hose" sort of tights she wants to wear as part of her costume, so that she's creating a smooth "leg" to start with.  But she's skipping the spanx layer and expecting a regular pair of pantyhose to work in the same way.  The last couple of her costumes have come across as craft project-y to me, so it's like she's half assing it all the way around.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, Juneau Gal said:

What you say is kind and truthful, but........Silky is such an odious personalty, she has brought this all on herself. Perhaps it will be a humbling and growing experience for her. Nah, she will just be madder at the world.

She walked in the door basically announcing and demanding her own spin-off.  You can't come out and tell me that YOU are going to be the break out star and that I can't live without seeing you every day of my life.  That's going to be an immediate pass from me.  I'll pick who I want to watch, thanks.

Plus it's not like we're stupid, we see you inserting yourself into every damn scene.  It's tiresome.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, smores said:

Michelle and Ru both said the padding problem was it appearing lumpy and the way to fix it was by wearing more tights.  I'm thinking the problem was that Silky might not have the right foundation garments? '

Maybe if she’d remember to take the fried chicken and holiday inn irons out of her pads, they wouldn’t be jacked up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, smores said:

Michelle and Ru both said the padding problem was it appearing lumpy and the way to fix it was by wearing more tights.  I'm thinking the problem was that Silky might not have the right foundation garments? It sounds like she almost needs some sort of spanx level tights to go under whatever "hose" sort of tights she wants to wear as part of her costume, so that she's creating a smooth "leg" to start with.  But she's skipping the spanx layer and expecting a regular pair of pantyhose to work in the same way.  The last couple of her costumes have come across as craft project-y to me, so it's like she's half assing it all the way around.

I know that she should be using dancer tights which are more opaque and tight than regular pantyhose.  It could be that those are not available in her size and she is trying to use regular pantyhose instead.  I don't know if you have ever seen the tights that Hooters girls wear to work, but they are like pantyhose on steroids and smooth better than any spanx.  Or Silky doesn't have the money for those tights and is trying to make do.  According to her, she makes her costumes which could be due to money or her size.  Or she just does the bare minimum to get by because it has always worked up until this point.  I will say that I don't understand why she did a bodysuit 2 weeks in a row if she does not have the right tights to smooth out her figure.  She blamed her look from last week on an inanimate object not behaving instead of owning up to her part in this. 

At this point, I am starting to feel like she is trolling Ru, the judges and all of us.  Her competitors have spent thousands on costumes, makeup, hair and shoes; and Silky just slaps on whatever she has lying around.  She does the same face week after week even if the challenge requires something different.  Is she really so delusional that she thinks America loves her and is rooting for her to win it all?  

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, smores said:

This is not something I can figure out how to phrase delicately, so I'm sorry if it comes across harshly, I just don't know how else to put it.  Silky is big, and she has a lot of very loose skin, because of being big.  Some people are big, but sort of solid at the same time, other people are big and they just sort of sag and flop everywhere.  Silky likely can gain or lose weight without it making a huge difference to the way her clothing and padding are, because she's in the second group and it takes a much longer time for weight loss to have an impact (visibly), but you can also usually "hide" some weight gain when you have that body type.  (I'm not Silky's size, but I'm sort of similar, I always marvel at the people who say that gaining or losing 10 lbs is a size, I have lost 40 lbs and stayed the same exact size)

That doesn't come across harshly at all. And I think it's dead-on.

Silky's been able to make her shape work for her on certain occasions, like the orange dress she wore when on the runway in the episode where she won the Trump Rusical challenge. I think she learned before the show how to pull off a pageant dress, but never put in the effort to learn how to support her body in any other kind of garment. She probably got all the attention she wanted just by being loud and overbearing, and looking polished was clearly less of a priority.

I wasn't particulary surprised by her terrible lip sync, because the same person who called her out for sexual assault also said that the performance she gave that night was a sloppy disaster. That person is sounding more and more credible with each passing episode.

9 hours ago, Not4Me said:

Soju is seriously mental! As much as I can’t stand Silky, she got stuck with someone who doesn’t know a damn thing about drag. Soju is not a car crash worth watching.

The person I like the least out of this season is RuPaul, because she robbed an eligible queen from getting Soju’s spot, she sends Vanjie the wrong message by constantly  saving her one note ass, she’s been shit-stirring more than ever, and she gave us Silky. I’ve never seen a non-All Stars season nosedive like this one. 

I felt the same way watching Soju. I'd feel bad for her if I thought she was capable of feeling embarrassment.

I understand the need to cast a few queens as cannon fodder - it would be no fun watching an established queen like Honey Davenport go home first. It's fine with me to cast someone like Tempest Dujour as cannon fodder, because she brought something interesting to the table (an ex-Mormon who'd survived conversion therapy, had lost a ton of weight, and was much older than any previous contestant), and it was fun to spend time with her.

But with Soju, the producers must have been thinking, "Here's a loon who's bound to humiliate themselves, and can't even wear heels. She'll probably say something completely mortifying before she inevitably gets sent home first, so let's cast her!"

It's just...mean.

Edited by Blakeston

I do NOT like Silky, but that wasn’t really a fair challenge, considering that Soju can’t even walk in heels.

That said, I don’t know why it was “shady” to give Soju to her, versus anyone else?

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ladle said:

That said, I don’t know why it was “shady” to give Soju to her, versus anyone else?

It wasn't! Brooke matched kindly and fairly in the hope that everyone would do their best. It wasn't her fault Silky didn't pair well with anyone.

Plus, Silky ABSOLUTELY would have given the most experienced/polished beauty queens to herself and her two friends and ABSOLUTELY would have assigned Soju to Yvie.

As usual, Silky accuses others of things she herself is guilty of.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 8

About 1% of me feels bad for Silky. She mentioned in this episode that’s she’s been doing worse and worse on the challenges, but it’s not that she’s doing worse - it’s that she’s finally getting the critiques she should have been getting all season. She’s like that guy from Project Runway who designed the pajama-looking garments and got lavished by the judges all season only to get crushed in the finals when they at last stated what the fans had been saying all season. 

But then the other 99% of me remembers that Silky is annoying as shit. 

• Love 1