Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E12: Awkward

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I hate the family visits and tears and whimpering.  But, while I get why people were creeped out by Lauren's greeting of her father, I think we have probably become a little hypersensitive about parent-child physical affection.   Sexual abuse and incest have become such prominent topics (as they should) that I think we tend to sometimes perceive non-sexual touching between parents and children as sexual or dirty, when it really is not.  

I highly doubt there was anything sexual on either of their minds.  It seemed like a young woman who was extremely excited to see her Dad, after 30 days starving with a bunch of strangers, and jumping into his arms to hug him.  The correct  way to view it, might be as her, in her emotional state, briefly regressing into a little girl, jumping into her Daddy's arms.  

I still don't get the over the top emotions after 30 days, but given how common it is on Survivor, it is obviously a real thing.   

my husband (who does not watch it) says they are told to be  over the top hysterical--I say after 30 days of starving and sweating and being abused Id be an emotional wreck, but sorry over the top. I saw nothing sexual about laurens greeting it to me was obnoxious tho. The crying and as someone said the whimpering really has to stop. ugh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Last night's episode is why I still love Survivor. Some times at the beginning of a season, or even half way through, you think this may not be the greatest cast, it's just a series of predictable tribal councils, etc. and then a tribal council like last night happens and it's so damn satisfying. Everyone was so sure about their plan, especially Ron, until Devins played the real immunity idol after faking them out with the expired advantage from Ron. As Jeff read the votes and got to the votes for Ron you could see Ron's face start to sag in total disbelief. When he told his loved one he was in charge of the game I knew it was the kiss of death for him. For the first time this season, Gavin made an impression on me and it was a good one. One final comment, Joe is channeling Captain Jack Sparrow. 

Edited by Matty
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Special K said:

I just think that, once you're an adult, the only person you should probably be pressing your crotch against is your lover.

Uh, yeah.  Agreed.  I guess we're the "Weirdos" here with this point of view !!!!  😁

• Love 10

I am afraid that TPTB will end this EoE crap by bringing back one extinctee for the Final Four or Five and that he/she will luck into an immunity win and make Final Three.  Then the jury, as a final "Fuck You!!!" to those who voted them out, award the Survivor Prize to one of their own.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Straight married female, I didn’t notice Ron was gay. Mr. SD didn’t either. We missed the first episode, maybe we should have watched it online. 🤨 Maybe the guys cross their legs cuz most of the time, they are running around in their underwear?

About the time Ron was bragging to his partner about how wonderful he was blah blah blah ... I wondered if he was going home. It just seemed like Karma. I did laugh out loud at Devens during TC. I don’t want him to win though, I just don’t like him. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t think Kelley or BattlePuppy would vote for Devens if Lauren was also in the F3.  JMO

I can see both sides of the Lauren and her dad greeting. Mr SD thinks either one of our daughters would greet him in the same way after 30 days of Survivor hell. Totally agree that the lack of bathing suits is ridiculous. 

Love love the thought of a final 3 of Lauren, Victoria and Aurora. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, willco said:

Several posters have mentioned him crossing his legs-- I didn't realize that was an indicator ! If you watch some of the older talk shows, more often than not, the male guests almost always crossed their legs during the interview ( and these were people like John Wayne, Dean Martin, etc) , so I guess I just didn't know that it was out of fashion. Bottom line, I just didn't realize it. 

Guy crossing his legs while sitting on a sofa or chair?  Sophisticated man about town.  Guy sitting on a log with his knees at chest level and his legs crossed and  perfectly parallel all the way down?  Gay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I am just amazed that no one picked up on Ron being gay!? The discussion that sealed it for me was when he had a TH about Aurora. They are way more alike than they realize. He is a queen. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Everyone on Extinction Island has almost no chance of getting back in the game but they're smart to stay -- if they leave, they're not on the jury. If you can't win this game, you'd damn sure at least want a say in who does. (Plus, more screentime.) That said, they need to get on with it

Are we sure if you don't go to EoE you're not on the jury? Probst says the "x person voted out and x member of the jury" before they make the decision. I though they could choose to go to Ponderosa and still be on the jury, just not have a chance to get back in. 

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm still trying to figure out how the finale is in two weeks and we still have 75 people left in the game. 

Only one person is actually coming back into the game though.

I forgot to mention what was probably my fave part of the ep: the EoE/jury members that seemed to not give a shit about Rick's histrionics. I think it was Eric in particular that was just like 'meh' lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, dstann said:

Most of the players left seem like goats.  Everyone who has had the guts to organise a big move has been voted out. 

Lauren mainly just rode Wardog and Kelley's coat tails

Victoria seems really smart but doesn't appear to have much influence

Gavin just seems to do what he is told same with Julie

Aurora lacks the social skills to be subtle and I don't think could convince people to follow her.

You mean like the Warthog?  He did make a gutsy big move to take out Kelley, I will give you that. But you know what else that big move took? Stupidity. Lots and lots of stupidity and he paid for it by getting almost unanimously voted out the next episode. Speaking of which isn't taking out the Warthog a big move?  Isn't organizing a split vote plan that took out Ron a big move?  And if they are making these moves how exactly are they goats?  You say Victoria has no influence on the same episode in which she organized the split vote plan? Just as she did with Aubry during the pre-merge?  Survivor is not nor has it ever been about who is making the biggest moves. It is about who is making the right moves and who is making the smart moves. From where I am sitting it is not the 3 players who called themselves the only "players" in the game last episode.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I agree here completely. I thought part of the creepy vibe of her Bachelor Handhaking her dad was that beside a buff she was in her bra and panties basically like they were athletic gear. I was undoubtably checking her out as she's got a great figure but then I felt bad because it's TPTB that refused to give her anything sensible to wear and it then slips into total exploitation territory. You wouldn't have had to blur her bottoms out if you'd given the girl a pair of sensible shorts to compete in not panties that show half her ass from behind and need to be blurred from the front... Not cool.

I've seen others state that production chooses the clothes they wear, so I'll take that for granted.  Up until now, I had been figuring that Lauren had pants or shorts she could be wearing and was just choosing to do everything in her underwear.  But after reading your post, I looked back at the first episode.  She's in a blue dress, which of course she couldn't swim or compete in.  So yeah, they decided from the start that she'd be eye candy.  I wonder what would have happened if she had put her foot down, and insisted on being given some shorts? 

Would they really have refused and not let her play is she'd raised that objection?  Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, and at the very least some horrible press for CBS that they really don't need right now (after Moonves and in the wake of the metoo movement).

She is an adult, though a very young one.  So, is she being exploited, and should I feel guilty for ogling? 

• Love 4

Outwit, outlast, outcry. 

Just once in these "loved ones" visits, I'd like to see somebody's dog trot out of the jungle and run up to his/her human.

I couldn't watch the show until it came out on demand tonight.  My DVR last night recorded the show, but the sound was messed up: it recorded only the background music, none of the voices.  After sitting through all the neurotic blubbering in that loved ones scene and Probst's stupid questions, I started thinking maybe I should have watched it with just the music after all.

I can't stand Rick Devens.  On a related note,  it seems axiomatic that the one player I can't stand will be the only one who goes looking for an immunity idol while everybody else lays around at camp.  Every time.  Not Lauren, not Victoria.  Nope, Devens.  Shit.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, millennium said:

I can't stand Rick Devens.  On a related note,  it seems axiomatic that the one player I can't stand will be the only one who goes looking for an immunity idol while everybody else lays around at camp.  Every time.  Not Lauren, not Victoria.  Nope, Devens.  Shit.

7 minutes ago, millennium said:

And you just knew he was going to find one. As I said above, this show is so fixed and scripted.

6 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

I am afraid that TPTB will end this EoE crap by bringing back one extinctee for the Final Four or Five and that he/she will luck into an immunity win and make Final Three.  Then the jury, as a final "Fuck You!!!" to those who voted them out, award the Survivor Prize to one of their own.

Frankly, that’s the exact thought/expectation which has been gestating in my mind the past couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, preeya said:

And you just knew he was going to find one. As I said above, this show is so fixed and scripted.

You mean, the one person shown to be actively searching for an idol actually found an idol???  Who could’ve seen THAT coming...?  😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Frankly, that’s the exact thought/expectation which has been gestating in my mind the past couple of weeks.

You mean, the one person shown to be actively searching for an idol actually found an idol???  Who could’ve seen THAT coming...?  😄

Yep! That's what the script read.

9 hours ago, cherrypj said:

So we would see a Nashville Handshake?

Probably 😄 - my girls can be emotional, and I’m not going to push my babies off on account of what some dirty-minded pervs out in the audience might think.  Fuck 'em.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, mojoween said:

Wait just a damn minute.  When the hell did Reem get so magnanimous?  Since when is it “just a game?”  Oh, I guess when it’s someone you don’t know ending up on the island with you, not the people who voted you out because they met you.

Ahh...thank you. That explains it. I was wondering what the hell happened to our friendly Welcome Tank.

11 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

There was that but I'm pretty sure another castaway (Victoria?? Ron?? Aurora?? Lauren??) told their loved one they smell good, and the response was "bug spray!"

That was Aurora’s brother. And it was hilarious.

10 hours ago, mikewho said:

I will never get why people were weirded out over this. Fer Gawd's sake, it was father and daughter. And I think it says more about the people who were 'weirded out' by it than it does about their embrace. If it hadn't been brought up so much here, I never even would've noticed it.

Maybe it’s because I’ve never seen The Bachelor, but I didn’t think anything of it either. All it did was make me miss my dad.

9 hours ago, gesundheit said:

In fairness to the contestants during the loved ones visits, the people who have family come to visit (as opposed to spouses/partners) won't all see them in a few weeks. Some of them don't live anywhere near each other, and may only see one another a few times a year, so this is a big deal in any context. But then living in isolation with strangers like this just amps it up a ton.

This. Once upon a time, I went on a work training camp thing where there were about 20 of us, all strangers beforehand, isolated in a hotel: days in the conference room, evenings around the pool, nights partying in the rooms. Although it only lasted 2 weeks, it was amazing how quickly that hotel, and those other strangers, became our world and how distant our real lives seemed. When I finally saw my boyfriend again, it felt like it had been forever.  

My experience was similar to theirs, but without all the stress and exhaustion and starvation, and for not even as long a separation. So I get their reactions. It’s weird how being isolated messes with your sense of time and distance.

48 minutes ago, millennium said:

Just once in these "loved ones" visits, I'd like to see somebody's dog trot out of the jungle and run up to his/her human.

Ha! I would love that. My dog would have been great at the water bucket challenge: run into the water, soak the fur, run to the bucket, then shake!shake!shake! My bucket would have been filled in no time flat.

Two questions:

1. Why does Jeff do those weird accents when introducing certain foods? “The winners will get some frahhd chicken and apple pahh!” Oh yeah, because those foods are only eaten in the Deep South. And because he’s an idiot. I keep waiting for them to have a Chinese food challenge so he can break out the Charlie Chan accent.

2. Are they really still going to let another exile back in the game at this late date? Because that seems...too late for that.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

In case anyone wondered what happened when Wardog arrived at EOE.

Holy shit.  Reem just made The Warthog look like the sanest person on the planet.  What the eff is her problem?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Outwit, outlast, outcry. 

I couldn't watch the show until it came out on demand tonight.  My DVR last night recorded the show, but the sound was messed up: it recorded only the background music, none of the voices.  After sitting through all the neurotic blubbering in that loved ones scene and Probst's stupid questions, I started thinking maybe I should have watched it with just the music after all.

Marry me. ❤😀

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, LanceM said:

You mean like the Warthog?  He did make a gutsy big move to take out Kelley, I will give you that. But you know what else that big move took? Stupidity. Lots and lots of stupidity and he paid for it by getting almost unanimously voted out the next episode. Speaking of which isn't taking out the Warthog a big move?  Isn't organizing a split vote plan that took out Ron a big move?  And if they are making these moves how exactly are they goats?  You say Victoria has no influence on the same episode in which she organized the split vote plan? Just as she did with Aubry during the pre-merge?  Survivor is not nor has it ever been about who is making the biggest moves. It is about who is making the right moves and who is making the smart moves. From where I am sitting it is not the 3 players who called themselves the only "players" in the game last episode.

I totally agree with you that there is a difference between big moves and smart moves.  To me a big move is risky and impactful and not necessarily smart.  I also agree that I would prefer the winner to have made smart moves throughout the game and if they did then I wouldn't call them a goat.

You ask if taking out Wardog was a big move, since it was unanimous then no it isn't as the credit gets split between everyone and there is very little risk in the move.

Same with the split vote to take out Ron, the majority of the tribe all had the same idea and there was little risk, so it isn't really a big move.

Remember the vote to take out Eric?  Julia and Gavin came up with the plan via information by Wardog, Victoria was against the plan as she thought it was too early to turn on their own alliance (which I agree with), but didn't have the influence to stop the plan going ahead.  Can you tell me anything she has done between the Eric vote and the Ron vote?

I call them goats because they have pretty much sat under the radar, watched as the big targets got taken out and now suddenly find themselves in the majority.

• Love 3
On 5/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, ProfCrash said:

Seriously, Julie was all sanctamonious about not voting Rick out when he came back, completly feel apart when she was blindsided the first time, and has been riding Ron’s coattails ever since. Does she really think that she has had a say in anything that is happening?

Seriously.  During the IC, after Julie fell out and Ron went over to pick her up and literally carry her over to the bench, I said out-loud, "And if that isn't symbolic of their relationship."

On 5/2/2019 at 12:38 AM, KimberStormer said:

Christ it is all I can do to keep watching Survivor: ALL RICK ALL THE TIME.  Fuck this dude.  I can't remember an edit like this.  This must be what Samoa was like.  There's only one person they care about. 

Pretty much yeah...except it lasted all season.  At least this time, there's been some extended focus on other players.  Granted, it was a couple of the returnees, so....

19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And what is with the random sub-titled nonsense that has nothing to do with anything?  From Devins yelling "La Cheesaria!" or whatever, to tonight - Gavin's wife telling him that he didn't smell too bad, and Lauren at TC saying that it felt good to sit by the fire, etc.  It's so odd to me that production is tossing in these throwaway lines, making them important enough to caption, but in the end they do absolutely nothing to advance anyone's stories.  So weird.

They may not be advancing the stories now, but there is some speculation that some (the one in particular) are foreshadowing something instead.

11 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Some of them have spent time with [Rick] on the edge.

All of the jury have spent time with Rick, either on or off Edge, or both. 

Rick's only been on 3 tribes, and the green one doesn't really count since it was all former Blue (in fact all the Blues except Wendy).  So anyone that started on Blue, or made the merge when Rick returned has been "in the game" with Rick.  Aubry is the only exception to either of those, but she and Rick were on the Edge together before the first challenge. 

2 hours ago, dstann said:

I totally agree with you that there is a difference between big moves and smart moves.  To me a big move is risky and impactful and not necessarily smart.  I also agree that I would prefer the winner to have made smart moves throughout the game and if they did then I wouldn't call them a goat.

You ask if taking out Wardog was a big move, since it was unanimous then no it isn't as the credit gets split between everyone and there is very little risk in the move.

Same with the split vote to take out Ron, the majority of the tribe all had the same idea and there was little risk, so it isn't really a big move.

Remember the vote to take out Eric?  Julia and Gavin came up with the plan via information by Wardog, Victoria was against the plan as she thought it was too early to turn on their own alliance (which I agree with), but didn't have the influence to stop the plan going ahead.  Can you tell me anything she has done between the Eric vote and the Ron vote?

I call them goats because they have pretty much sat under the radar, watched as the big targets got taken out and now suddenly find themselves in the majority.

Someone else who prefers Smart Movez over Big Movez, nice.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, millennium said:

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Ha! I would love that. My dog would have been great at the water bucket challenge: run into the water, soak the fur, run to the bucket, then shake!shake!shake! My bucket would have been filled in no time flat.

That would be the best "loved ones," visit ever!  My dachshund would knock me down, lick me all over, then turn around and snarl and snap at everyone else.  For the entire segment her subtitles would read barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark.....

Thanks @LadyChatts for the secret scene.  I've said I would get a kick out of seeing Reem win, but not after that.  It sounds like she never lets up and the "I have to be honest," excuse doesn't cut it when no one has asked her.  People like Reem seem to forget that saying nothing is also an option.  "Her island," because she got their first?  It's hard to believe she's serious.   I want to see more EoE footage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I meant to say that the Bucket Challenge was rather uneventful. It was over before you knew it. Granted, it doesn't take much to fill a bucket but I thought it would be longer and more involved.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, TVFan1 said:

Rick seems a bit cocky. The jury seems to like him for some reason. 

That's because he's one of them: the castouts who were tossed from the game (unfairly in many of their minds).  Very much an "us vs them" mentality, where so many bootees identify with Rick.  If he makes it to FTC, that alone pretty much guarantees him the win. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Uh, yeah.  Agreed.  I guess we're the "Weirdos" here with this point of view !!!!  😁

I think the difference is that some people are not seeing it as "crotch pressing", but rather as a very enthusiastic embrace of a father by a daughter.  Any "crotch pressing" was incidental and not the intent of the embrace.  

It is getting to the point where people are going to see a little girly sitting on her father's lap as "dirty".  And since society is tossing aside gender distinctions, a girl sitting on her mother's lap might also be seen that way.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Seriously - they have thousands of hours of footage. They follow people who don't find the idol, too. Why the hell would they spent part of an episode airing that, though? How boring would that be?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think the difference is that some people are not seeing it as "crotch pressing", but rather as a very enthusiastic embrace of a father by a daughter.  Any "crotch pressing" was incidental and not the intent of the embrace.  

It is getting to the point where people are going to see a little girly sitting on her father's lap as "dirty".  And since society is tossing aside gender distinctions, a girl sitting on her mother's lap might also be seen that way.  

I don't think anyone has suggested anything sexual was behind that, or that "crotch pressing" was the intent. Just that it's odd to see an adult woman straddle her father in her underwear, because an adult woman straddling an adult man in her underwear usually is sexual. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

They follow people who don't find the idol, too. Why the hell would they spent part of an episode airing that, though? How boring would that be?

It probably would be boring, but it would probably cut the thought that no one looks for the idol but the people who find them and therefore those players suck and/or are lazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

It probably would be boring, but it would probably cut the thought that no one looks for the idol but the people who find them and therefore those players suck and/or are lazy.

True. I did see that Victoria was complaining about her edit this season, that it made her look like she didn't hunt for the idol at all when she spent a lot of time doing so. I was really only pointing it out to say that the cameras following the person who finds the idol doesn't mean said finding is somehow "fixed."

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It might be nice for them to briefly show some failed idol searches to:

a) Show that people are looking, not just sitting around camp.

b) Put back a little suspense in idol searches.  These days, when they show someone looking for more than 10 seconds, you can be almost certain they are going to find an idol.  

• Love 10

They showed failed idol searches earlier in the season. They show them every year. This conversation point is almost as redundant as the "why would they wear that" conversation that occurs most years.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

perhaps my disgust is watching it over and over on the bachelor!!hah

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

youre reading too much into it. I was very very close to my dad, but there was no way i would have ever jumped and wrapped my legs around him. sorry. I saw nothing sexual in it, it was just to me over the top along with the sobbing, whimpering, moaning that these visits have turned into. I guess they are overplaying it for the camera but enough already. next season I will skip that episode---

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

youre reading too much into it. I was very very close to my dad, but there was no way i would have ever jumped and wrapped my legs around him. sorry. I saw nothing sexual in it, it was just to me over the top along with the sobbing, whimpering, moaning that these visits have turned into. I guess they are overplaying it for the camera but enough already. next season I will skip that episode---

Oh, I totally agree that the emotions are over the top in these family visits. It's 30 days, not 30 years, people!

If people want to say Lauren went overboard in her emotions, I won't argue.  But, I think some people are suggesting it was creepy, dirty, inappropriate or sexual.   I disagree with that.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

In case anyone wondered what happened when Wardog arrived at EOE.

Reem can be entertaining, but she is really an ass.  She makes The Warthog look like a good guy in comparison.      

I get the people who enjoy Reem as a character (though I think I've about had my fill), but I don't understand anyone who likes her as a person.  

Angelina was a much more entertaining cartoon villain, IMO.   

• Love 4

They have guys walking around in boxer briefs and I've seen them do water challenges in said briefs. How do you dive into the ocean and not walk out naked? Pretty amazing how they pull that off. 

• Love 5

It does seem like the men have more clothing options than the women. I haven't seen any of the guys walking around exclusively in skimpy briefs (except maybe David), while you almost never see Julie, Aurora or Lauren wearing anything other than their undies. 

I go back and forth with how I feel about Devens. I enjoyed watching him burn Ron during the tribal council, but I don't like him consistently enough to want him to win.

And did I just miss it, or have they completely given up on finding and eating the chickens?

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, kikaha said:

That's because he's one of them: the castouts who were tossed from the game (unfairly in many of their minds).  Very much an "us vs them" mentality, where so many bootees identify with Rick.  If he makes it to FTC, that alone pretty much guarantees him the win. 

You have a good point, but I don't like this !  EoE goes against everything we've come to understand about this game!  I hate Ron's Tribe, whatever they were called (Yellow?) but they dominated the entire game and one of those last people standing deserves the win.  Or Lauren.

36 minutes ago, Artymouse said:

It does seem like the men have more clothing options than the women. I haven't seen any of the guys walking around exclusively in skimpy briefs (except maybe David), while you almost never see Julie, Aurora or Lauren wearing anything other than their undies. 

Chris and David only ever wear underwear, all of the time.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Chris and David only ever wear underwear, all of the time.

I actually remember seeing Chris wear jeans during one of the challenges (back before he was eliminated all those episodes ago), and I remember thinking it was weird that he had blue jeans on because I thought they only had underwear/swim trunks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I hate Ron's Tribe, whatever they were called (Yellow?) but they dominated the entire game and one of those last people standing deserves the win.

I agree with this in theory, but everyone remaining is so useless that I just can't root for any of them. They only dominated because of Joe. He was the reason they won so many tribe challenges and went into the merge with a majority. I guess my preferred outcome is that he wins his way back into the game at the last minute, goes to F3 and wins the whole thing. And I don't even like Joe that much or think he deserves the win, but this is the ending that will bother Ron the most so I'm all for it.

Or, since they've already completely messed up the entire object of the game, just get to day 39 and then let everyone be in the finals. You can't vote for yourself but you can vote for anyone you want including Keith and Wendy. Then they should destroy all the video of this season and it should never be spoken of again.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I agree with this in theory, but everyone remaining is so useless that I just can't root for any of them. They only dominated because of Joe. He was the reason they won so many tribe challenges and went into the merge with a majority

Well going by this standard I guess about 80% of the winners of this show are useless because most of them went to the merge in the majority tribe. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, preeya said:

There was no doubt he would find one, because the camera rarely follows people who don't.

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Well going by this standard I guess about 80% of the winners of this show are useless because most of them went to the merge in the majority tribe. 

I didn't say they're useless because they went into the merge with a majority. Being in the majority and being useless are two separate things; they just happen to be both.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

1. Why does Jeff do those weird accents when introducing certain foods? “The winners will get some frahhd chicken and apple pahh!” Oh yeah, because those foods are only eaten in the Deep South. And because he’s an idiot. I keep waiting for them to have a Chinese food challenge so he can break out the Charlie Chan accent.

I dislike pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth.  But I don't think it's just a Southern accent just for "Southern" foods.  And he definitely doesn't do a Mexican accent when he talks about "TACOS!!!!" and "MARGARITAS!"  Anytime he mentions food he does so with this voice that is the "I am JEFF PROBST and I control your bounty, come kiss my ass because I am offering you the chance at some food" voice.  I get that they are all starving but I think he does that voice for all foods just because he enjoys watching the castaways moan and sign with pleasure.  Especially his favourite brohunks.

3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Reem can be entertaining, but she is really an ass.  She makes The Warthog look like a good guy in comparison.      

I get the people who enjoy Reem as a character (though I think I've about had my fill), but I don't understand anyone who likes her as a person.  

Angelina was a much more entertaining cartoon villain, IMO.   

She's such a nasty person.  And she has pretty much said the same thing to everyone.  "You're gonna hear it from me in the morning."  Hear what?  About how they are a horrible human being because they dared to last longer in the game than her?  She needs to just get over it.  She is truly a miserable beeyotch of epic proportions.  Why the show continues to feature her and give her the spotlight, I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Artymouse said:

I actually remember seeing Chris wear jeans during one of the challenges (back before he was eliminated all those episodes ago), and I remember thinking it was weird that he had blue jeans on because I thought they only had underwear/swim trunks.

I think the reason why he's always in his underwear is precisely because they gave him jeans to wear.  Jeans are horrible in the sun on an island and are horrible to wear in the water.  They purposely wanted him in his underwear the entire time.

For the same reason why they gave Angelina those ugly skintight yoga pants... they probably expected her to take them off and walk around in her panties all the time because of how hot they must have been.  She apparently failed to comply.

• Love 7

Devens was on on EOE for what... a day before he got back in? I don't think it was a major bonding experience. He's also been on the wrong side of the vote every time because people are trying to get him out. No one wants to go to final with Rick, would you?

I will say that yes, he has an over the top personality, but (sigh) so do I. Many people find people like us obnoxious and phony, but it's just who we are. We're excited about everything and we tend to talk about it in a loud excited voice. We can't always, "tone it down." anymore than shy quiet people can get excited and be loud at someone's suggestion. No one has to like people like us, but to keep saying that he should stop being himself isn't going to cut it, that's who he is. I like him this way. I'd rather see someone thrilled with his experience, then someone grouchy and mean spirited. (cough, Reem, Cough)

Aurora lost me as a fan completely when she wasn't embarrassed about being caught going through someone elses property.

Victoria, to me, is the most boring person ever. Has she ever done anything or made any kind of move since she's been there? She just sits and does whatever someone tells her to do.

• Love 10