Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E12: Awkward

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I thought Gavin was gay.  Use me surprised.

Loved Rick at tribal. 

You know it’s a tough season when the Jury looks worse than the players.

And that's what I thought, too ! And I never would have pegged Ron as being gay. So much for stereotypes and preconceived notions, I'd say !

• Love 3

We didn't even see EOE at all until the end of this episode. That was refreshing not having to spend any time on that even though it is the theme. 

Rick continues to get more and more airtime. I won't be surprised if he wins. I did like that Rick exposed Ron and Julie on their stupidity on trying to make Rick look like a fool with the fake idol play. Then he pulled out his real one was satisfying, but Rick seems a bit cocky. The jury seems to like him for some reason. 

I'm loving the gameplay between Lauren, Victoria, Gavin, and Aurora.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Lauren had the saddest face I've ever seen on Survivor when she didn't get chosen to bring her dad back to camp.  

Mr. P and I were turned off when she greeted him with the "Bachelor Handshake"

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Meh, Aurora was closest to the bag as every other person present said "do it".  

I don't like it either, but the taboo on bag searching ship sailed long ago.

I like how she refused to try to bullshit her way out and just owned it.

eta:  and Anchorman Devin's response was a bit over the top.

I thought he was pretty blasé about it - it was smart of him to mention it to the jury for future points, and act slightly offended by it - but I didn't get the impression that he really gave a shit

4 minutes ago, willco said:

And that's what I thought, too ! And I never would have pegged Ron as being gay. So much for stereotypes and preconceived notions, I'd say !

Gavin had mentioned his wife before - I hadn't thought he was gay, but was surprised he was old enough to be married.  I hadn't noticed Ron mentioning a spouse or partner, but I had definitely "pegged" Ron as being gay 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Yeah, I'm one that hates the family visits.  But I always end up tearing up with the players.  Which makes me hate it even more.  I also am befuddled by the heightened emotions but I've never experienced that level of deprivation.  I might curl up in a ball and sob like a baby.  See also my tearing up sentence above.

I also laughed when I saw the challenge.  I was hoping against hope to see someone wig out on their loved one a la Colby and his brother.

I'm not surprised no one caught Rick getting his idol.  I mean, they showed a few people waking up and looking around, but who would think to look 15 feet up in the dark sky?  They looked around enough to see that a killer armadillo wasn't upon them and passed back out.  Makes sense to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

Mr. P and I were turned off when she greeted him with the "Bachelor Handshake"

Gavin had mentioned his wife before - I hadn't thought he was gay

Um yea, it was totally a Bachelor handshake and it was just wrong!

i just saw a picture online before the show started of Gavin on his wedding day. 

9D22AE99-2152-4FD0-A7C3-A6E5BBF95409.jpeg

• Love 21
(edited)

"Awkward" huh? You know what's REALLY awkward? We have a Jury of 60 motley disheveled not-quite-dead-yet "jurors" that could still win the game. THAT is awkward.

Oh and I too must say I noticed and then side-eyed the giving of the Bachelor Handshake! So wrong...

EDIT: The 'Bachelor Handshake' is when a woman jumps and wraps her arms around a man's neck while wrapping her legs around him and hooking her feet together. So-called as it's been the default action taken by the women on the Bachelor to greet the Bachelor when they show up for a date.

Edited by Wandering Snark
The Bachelor Handshake
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

What is a Bachelor Handshake? Also, not sure if my DVR cut part of it off, but I saw nothing of Extinction Island. What is even the point? They just sit there and suffer and maybe, just maybe, get back in the game? So stupid. Wendy and Keith look smarter every day. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I fear if Devens gets in the finals he's winning. I like him, but he's got the advantage of hanging with most of the jurors on EoE. If he wins against people who haven't been voted out, I'll be annoyed the way I was when Ben won over Chrissy. Well, maybe not quite as much, because Ben bugged me and I loved Chrissy. It's been a while since we've had a woman winner - a final three of Victoria, Lauren and Aurora would be pretty great.

I kind of love Aurora.

Is the EoE person coming in soon? They won't return too close to the end, right?

Is a "Bachelor Handshake" referring to the way Lauren jumped on her dad? That was...affectionate.

When Jeff announced the challenge, I immediately yelled, "Reed! Dammit!"

Edited by Steph Sometimes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Screw Comcast/CBS.  I missed last week's episode, and have tried for several days to catch up  - only to find both of them want to charge me.  No way am I paying extra, especially since I only wanted to see the Warthog antics.

Edited by Brookside
Grammar!
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

So, the family visit...also known as the most godawful hour every season. I still don't get it even after all these years. Sack up people...you just saw your loved ones a few weeks ago! Some people are never going to see their loved ones again. It's just so ridiculous. I was gong to cut Gavin some slack given the situation, but then I realized he was probably with his fiancee for a long time before they got married...all the crying, all the sobbings is just so overblown.

I look at it this way: For however many days, you’ve been able to trust very few people and have been thinking about the game for every hour you’re awake. All the strategizing, stressing and questioning every move you make. It must be so overwhelming to just see someone you know & trust, who’s on your side and even for a few minutes, you don’t have to think about the game. So I get it from a player’s view, even while at home, I’m on team ‘it hasn’t been that long’. 

Besides Johnny FairPlay, I cant think of anyone who wasn’t that emotional about their family visit. So I think it’s clearly a thing. 

2 hours ago, PaperTree said:

It was only stupid because he had the fresh HII.  He seemed to think Ron's gift was real, until it wasn't, pulled the new idol, then went on a gloating spree.

I would immediately think it was fake. Very few people would just give away an idol. 

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I always tear up during these darn family visits, though I still do not understand the level of hysterics. 

See above. 

• Love 9

As far as I'm concerned the only thing that could save a "family" episode (which I hate) was Aurora, the sneak or Ron, I'm-running-the-game being voted out. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Screw Comcast/CBS.  I missed last weeks' episode, and have tried for several days to catch up  - only to find both of them want to charge me.  No way am I paying extra, especially since I only wanted to see the Warthog antics.

Comcast OnDemand is still showing last week’s episode (Fasten your Seatbelts) for free. I just checked. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Comcast OnDemand is still showing last week’s episode (Fasten your Seatbelts) for free. I just checked. 

Not where I live - I just checked too.  😞  Maybe in a few days.  (Thanks for checking.)

Anyone know what this weird new yellow box is?

Victoria was visibly shaking from cold tonight at Tribal Council.

Edited by Brookside

Christ it is all I can do to keep watching Survivor: ALL RICK ALL THE TIME.  Fuck this dude.  I can't remember an edit like this.  This must be what Samoa was like.  There's only one person they care about.  It's godawful, I want to throw my TV in the sea.

Rick of course is the beneficiary, like many before him, of the fact that the Survivor producers care about good TV above all, or his bullshit grandstanding would have sent him back to the EDGE OF EXTINCTION, instead of letting him run back and forth and play his idol whenever he pleased.  He is an idiot, a terrible Survivor player, and a giant asshole, and should go back to whatever Hantzian hole he crawled out of.  Victoria and Aurora deserve all the credit for this move, he didn't even know about it!  Victoria continues to play better than any of these idiots and Aurora was so smart giving the extra vote to Gavin knowing he couldn't be excluded on a tie, and fucking Rick fucking Devens gets all the credit?  Bullshit.

Are there spoilers for this season?  Could someone PM me?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Great episode! If there was no Extinction Island, I'd be loving it right now.

Me too, cause it'd mean Ricky Fogle would never have gotten back in the game, and the jury would STFU with their dramatic reactions (like you, Julia (Julie? Julia? Oh who the fuck cares - that random chick in the back)). I mean, I'm glad Ron is gone, but it wasn't Rick who orchestrated it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Rick is so smug and Arrogant I'm hoping he loses soon. And I'm gonna be mad if he wins and I dont see how hes so liked and dont think it's fair EOE gets to fucking help him. But Producers Pet will probably get handouts yet some people wont bitch like when it was Ben I bet.

• Love 5

Glad Ron is semi-gone.  But I'd have been just as happy to see Rick go.  I am so sick of seeing him hamming it up for the jury, the camera, Jeffy, and any lizards in his path.  And how the crappity crap could it be fair for someone who has bonded with the jury to the extent he has, WHILE HE WAS EXILED, to be in the final with people who didn't have that advantage?  It's as unfair as Reem getting to vote for/against players she's never met - both extremes of unfairness this season.  Ugh.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The only notable thing was Lauren turning out to be the daughter of Tony Almeida from 24.

...and then deploying The Bachelor Handshake.

I wish the Jury would pipe down, already. Maybe there are too many of them and they've gotten too bold (and that's just talking about the ones hiding in Joe's hair).  They make me want to throw my tv in the sea, KimberStormer-style.

Edited by piewarmer
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

So, the family visit...also known as the most godawful hour every season. I still don't get it even after all these years. Sack up people...you just saw your loved ones a few weeks ago! Some people are never going to see their loved ones again. It's just so ridiculous. I was gong to cut Gavin some slack given the situation, but then I realized he was probably with his fiancee for a long time before they got married...all the crying, all the sobbings is just so overblown.

In a season when it's hard to care about the actual players trying to muster up any feelings for family members is downright impossible.

The only notable thing was Lauren turning out to be the daughter of Tony Almeida from 24.

I despise Devins and his cocksure attitude. But I can just sense the producers like him so win or lose this likely won't be the last time we see him.

Lastly, I'm probably going to be in the minority on this one but...I don't feel like Devins should have had the chance to play the idol. You should only get one chance and if he played the wrong one well...tough noogies!

Players have frequently played more than one idol, and Probst always says whether an object presented is an idol or not.  The is no question Rick should have been allowed to play the real idol after the expired one 

I thought Ron was the one with the cocksure attitude.  He was so sure he was running the game and had pulled off a brilliant deception.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

One random thing that cracked me up tonight was Aurora correcting Rick on his grammar during the immuntiy challenge.

As a presumed journalism major, Rick saying “good” in that instance hurt my soul.

3 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Wasn't Ron one of the guys harping on THE FAMILY VISIT and how you (meaning everyone else) should be satisfied by making it to THE FAMILY VISIT and not worry about your game after that?

I think Eric was too, and it was kind of a fail on the editors part to not swing over to Eric’s reaction in the jury when Jeff mentioned it was Loved Ones Day.

Regarding Rick bonding with the jury, wasn’t he on EoE for just a couple of days when he made it back?  And he had already “bonded” with all but Aubry before he was on EoE anyways because they were from the same tribe?  And now two of them are gone because they quit. So if I am remembering correctly, he only hung with jury members Reem, Chris and Aubry on EoE.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Did the extra vote make a difference? I don’t think it was even read, was it? I can’t go back to watch, I deleted the episode from my TiVo. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, willco said:

40 minutes ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Oh, guuurrlll. Time to get your prescription lenses renewed. 

Ron screamed gay, from the leg crossing, to his inflection when he spoke to oh so many other cues. I am a woman who asked three gay men out in a row, when I was still dating, and I knew Ron was gay. 

15 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Did the extra vote make a difference? I don’t think it was even read, was it? I can’t go back to watch, I deleted the episode from my TiVo. 

I am not sure. I think the vote was

Aurora = Rick

Rick = Ron, Julie, Aurora, Lauren

Ron = Gavin, Extra, Victoria

So it might not have mattered but I also think it had a time limit to be played and this might have been the last vote it could be played on so I am not sure it was wasted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Oh, that was fun. I can't stop laughing. So pleased for Devens who is continuing to have the time of his life. Can't wait for the old salts on Extinction to fight to come back - it must be next week, surely, day 35? Anyway, hilarious outcome. And good old Reem rasping away with her words of wisdom, never fails to amuse, also.

• Love 11

Yeah, Ron always sat with his long legs crossed like Tyra Banks on an ottoman, so I knew he was gay, and I never thought Gavin was gay for a minute. I did question the  choice of flower tattoos, but I question all tattoos anyway.

I don't know why people are sure Rick is getting a winner's edit.  They always show any finding of idols as well as any idol play no matter who.  Rick doing his newscaster thing during interviews is probably encouraged.  I like it, just as I like listening to someone like Ron bragging, because it makes his eviction so pleasurable.

Ron is going to expect everyone to think all his lying in the game was clever and cool, but I expect a lot of people will, like me, notice and remember just how much he enjoyed it.

I'm glad Julie got called out for her amazing ability to lie to someone's face, since she clearly believes she's much, much nicer than everyone else out there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Did Gavin actually play the extra vote?  I thought the plan was to play it if there was a tied vote. 

20 minutes ago, dstann said:

Did Gavin actually play the extra vote?  I thought the plan was to play it if there was a tied vote. 

I don't know if they showed it during the main vote but they showed it when they showed the votes after the preview for next week.

6 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Is the EoE person coming in soon? They won't return too close to the end, right?

Really.  TPTB wouldn't wait til the FTC to send someone from EoE island to sit before the jury, would they?  Two from the "live" tribe and one exile?  That would be awful, but in that case I'd love for it to be Reem since she's been there since day 3.

I wouldn't mind Rick winning.  He's scrappy and entertaining.  I prefer the underdogs to the puppet masters.  Only drawback for me is that he was already voted out once.

38 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm glad Julie got called out for her amazing ability to lie to someone's face, since she clearly believes she's much, much nicer than everyone else out there.

Right.  This makes her worse than Ron.  She is the Walrus:

I weep for you,' the Walrus said:

I deeply sympathize.'

With sobs and tears he sorted out

Those of the largest size,

Holding his pocket-handkerchief

Before his streaming eyes.

• Love 13
(edited)

Julie is this season's token goat, right?  Otherwise, I don't get why she's still in the game.  She's boring and hasn't been shown making any major decisions has she?  I guess she isn't obsessed with building her "resume" like the others.

I have no real vested interest in any of these people, but I kinda like Rick/Devens screwing with the others' plans.  If he ends up winning, I'd be neutral on the disappointed scale.

Hahahahahahahaha! Bye Ron!  So glad you made it to the Family Visit episode you so "deftly" amped up to weave your spell over your minions, but now you can exit post haste and take your smugness with you.

So with almost the entire original group still in play, how does this shake out?  One person from EoE will win the chance to get back in and continue competing OR the EoE person gets vaulted to automatic final 3?  And of the EoE remnenets, which ones make up the final jury?  ALL of them?  Or only the people bounced after X many days in the "real" game? 

When Aurora gets home, she should seek out an endocrinologist.  Those popped eyes may be a sign of thyroid issues.

I hate the family visit.  Aside from the uncontrolled weeping and snotty sniveling, all I can think when clean, showered Loved One mashes bodies/faces with unshaven, unwashed, salt water-encrusted, dirt in every crevasse Survivor is "UGH, you smell!  Don't touch me!"

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Oh, guuurrlll. Time to get your prescription lenses renewed. 

I.had.no.clue. I don't know why I would but color me shocked. I thought I knew his story (movie wise) but I guess I didn't.

Also, I think the EoE person will come back in the first hour of the Finale. Then get quickly voted out unless they win immunity.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Prior to Tribal, the most notable point was the audio going out a few times in the first act. Weirdest thing: I could see, I heard the music, but no dialogue. It was nice. Weird, but nice.

8 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Something weird was going on with the broadcast because the first 10 mins or so had no dialogue track. I heard music but no words. So I thought Ron actually gave Rick an advantage and didn’t know why he then wanted to vote him out!

Same here - had to turn on closed caption through the family visit and at the immunity challenge to keep up with what was going on and (for family) who was who.  Did nobody have audio go off at tribal too though?  Mine did, just before the jury came in and it never came back.  It brought up something weird I never thought about before; tribal is also all about facial expressions - the CC was about 3-5 seconds behind so sometimes the person they were showing wasn't the person who said what I was reading but also there's so much talk at tribal that if you're reading there's very little time to look at the people too.  I realized that there's a lot to be learned and it's an enjoyable part of tribal as a viewer by seeing both the players and the jury's reactions to things that were said.  

I think at this point I have to root for Rick with maybe Gavin or possibly Victoria as a second choice (and them as second only because they're OK and I don't much like anyone else left).  Rick played his advantages perfectly - there is a small part of everyone that wants to believe they're being told the truth, you can't really turn it off no matter how hard you're playing the "outwit" part of a game.  That part of Rick wanted to believe that Ron just might be helping him - but multiple smart moves, he didn't rest on that he took charge and went for the idol anyway, he realized how he could expose sneaky Rick by playing that advantage first and making sure everyone knew it came from Rick.  If it was real Ron might still be in the game but he'd leave some of Ron's alliance wondering why is Ron helping his archenemy if it's fake Rick exposes Ron as even sneakier than his alliance suspects making them trust him a little less.  That's if Ron did actually stay in the game but with the "real" idol to fall back on Rick knew he had a really, really good chance to blindside besides.

Speaking of watching peoples faces at tribal, I wonder if the rest of the players are watching how the jury is reacting?  They better be because there was a lot of smiling and hand waving and jumping in the seats when Rick played that real idol.  Some of it could be they dislike Ron and were glad to see him voted out but a lot appears to be them on Rick's side.  They're already trying to vote him out anyway but they must see how he seems to have much of the jury in his pocket and how hard it would be to go up against Rick in F3,

I can't believe they did family visit this episode and not an EOE return.  Is there going to be another EOE return challenge?  I hope not but if not why even have them on EOE anymore or let Ron go there?  They idea of EOE wasn't bad but they dragged it on too long.   I'm really, really against anyone being given any chance to return at this point, it feels like they've gone past "second chance" into unfairly manipulating the players and alliances.  Except for an immunity win there's a near 100% chance that any returning EOE player just get's voted out at next tribal which puts the game right back where it was before that person returned, they've been on EOE so long I don't care about them anymore - I wonder if any of the viewers do and if we don't then what's the point.  EOE may be a one and done twist for the show.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I have no real vested interest in any of these people, but I kinda like Rick/Devens screwing with the others' plans.  If he ends up winning, I'd be neutral on the disappointer scale.

That is about the only reason that I am enjoying Rick. He is screwing with other peoples plans and I don't like most of the other people. As long as he fucks with Ron, Julie and Gavin I am cool.

Other then that, I think Rick is annoying and far too interested in playing to the camera. He is a newscaster so he knows how to play to the camera and seems to be loving playing to the jury.  He is rather self involved and self important. It annoys me to know end. But he is using it to annoy Ron and Julie and Gavin so I am fine with it because they are just as smug.

Gavin goes from hating Ron to loving Ron in a heartbeat. Yes, Gavin voted for Ron in the end but he was such a suck up after the reward challenge. And Julie thinks that she has done something to improve her place in the game when she rode Joe's coattails to the merge and then Ron's after the merge.

So Rick can be Rick as long as he doesn't end up screwing Aurora or Victoria.

And until Reem returns. Then I can sit back and watch the real shit show being.

Hey, I can dream. If you can toss in something as crappy as EoE, then we can get the epitome of that crap, which is Reem.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

That is about the only reason that I am enjoying Rick. He is screwing with other peoples plans and I don't like most of the other people. As long as he fucks with Ron, Julie and Gavin I am cool.

Other then that, I think Rick is annoying and far too interested in playing to the camera. He is a newscaster so he knows how to play to the camera and seems to be loving playing to the jury.  He is rather self involved and self important. It annoys me to know end. But he is using it to annoy Ron and Julie and Gavin so I am fine with it because they are just as smug.

Gavin goes from hating Ron to loving Ron in a heartbeat. Yes, Gavin voted for Ron in the end but he was such a suck up after the reward challenge. And Julie thinks that she has done something to improve her place in the game when she rode Joe's coattails to the merge and then Ron's after the merge.

So Rick can be Rick as long as he doesn't end up screwing Aurora or Victoria.

And until Reem returns. Then I can sit back and watch the real shit show being.

Hey, I can dream. If you can toss in something as crappy as EoE, then we can get the epitome of that crap, which is Reem.

Well, we did get the usual Reem sound bite at EoE in the closing minutes. I'm sure Wardog hated not getting any air time on EoE like Kelley got the week before. Since EoE wasn't shown at all last night I have NO idea who is returning. Everyone said EoE was built for Joe. He seems so long ago that I had forgotten he was on the show until they showed his face at Tribal Council.

• Love 3

I like how much fun Rick seems to be having - my sense of humour would have departed after about 24 hours on Survivor.

I still don't like Lauren, haven't from the first whining for home stuff a few days in, and now with the mega-eyerolling, and jump on Daddy like a limpet, nah.

Is Aubrey still practicing her advantage on EoE? Or did something actually come of that and I missed it?

• Love 13

Aurora said the extra vote expired at that Tribal.  She said she was giving it to Gavin since on a revote he was the only one who would be assured not to be an option for anyone to vote for.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, nutty1 said:

i just saw a picture online before the show started of Gavin on his wedding day.

Thanks for the picture.  I'm from Tennessee -- my parents are from Gavin's small hometown.  And I think our legislature must have passed a law saying that all weddings must be held in barns.  Because they are ALL in barns.  

Anyhow, Team Gavin.  That town needs a new stoplight!  🙂   Every week I become more and more sure that he'll at least make make Top 3.  My only fear is that he's too quiet and his moves aren't showy like Rick's.  Tonight's a good example, as he rang the death knell on Ron, but the jury may not know it.  

PS, the recent wedding explains that great haircut.  All season I've been saying, he has a great haircut.  

Edited by Thalia
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Thanks for the picture.  I'm from Tennessee -- my parents are from Gavin's small hometown.  And I think our legislature must have passed a law saying that all weddings must be held in barns.  Because they are ALL in barns.  

Anyhow, Team Gavin.  That town needs a new stoplight!  🙂   Every week I become more and more sure that he'll at least make make Top 3.  My only fear is that he's too quiet and his moves aren't showy like Rick's.  Tonight's a good example, as he rang the death knell on Ron, but the jury may not know it.  

PS, the recent wedding explains that great haircut.  All season I've been saying, he has a great haircut.  

The Barn wedding is really a thing, isn't it? I've never seen a bad picture of one. Even in the Northeast people pay good money for a barn. Even a bad barn looks good when done up right. Anyhoo.......If Gavin had more of an edit I think he could win but I don't. Maybe, Final 3 but I still think it's going to be the 3 girls of VIctoria, Lauren & Aurora.

• Love 3

I  watched it again and I just have to say:

Cameramen?  If you have to blur Lauren's crotch area maybe you should quit laying the camera at her feet pointing up.  They've been exploiting her all season and I'm tired of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The Barn wedding is really a thing, isn't it? I've never seen a bad picture of one. Even in the Northeast people pay good money for a barn. Even a bad barn looks good when done up right. Anyhoo.......If Gavin had more of an edit I think he could win but I don't. Maybe, Final 3 but I still think it's going to be the 3 girls of VIctoria, Lauren & Aurora.

We looked at a Barn wedding in VA but the barns that we looked at were far too rustic for our liking. We wanted an outdoor wedding but I wanted to have an indoor option because, well, I didn't want that stress. We ended up having the wedding in a converted stabled at a winery that over looked the vineyard.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ron's smug talk about how Rick was going to play the fake advantage and then, "He's going to the Edge of Extinction," ended with a smirk that was exactly like Barney Fife's famous, "Who looks foolish now," face.

Edited by JudyObscure
My link didn't work.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Aurora said the extra vote expired at that Tribal.  She said she was giving it to Gavin since on a revote he was the only one who would be assured not to be an option for anyone to vote for.

I had forgot that when I first posted. I half thought that the plan was for Gavin to have the vote in case of a tie and Aurora was one of the people involved in the tie. Then Gavin would use the vote on the revote. As soon as people mentioned that the vote could not be used after this tribal, the use made sense and I could see why Aurora and Gavin did what they did.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

The family visit had such a weird vibe this year.  I thought it dragged on longer than normal.  

I usually enjoy the family segments, but this is the very first time that I laughed during the family visits.  It made me feel like the Grinch, but I still don't know these people or their backstories enough to care about their families.  Normally we get variations on the themes of "my dad is my rock!  My husband made me who I am today!  My cousin is the reason I exist!", etc.  This time, everyone had the snot machines turned up to eleven and the "rock, reason, exist" blather was annoying and kind of gross.

And what is with the random sub-titled nonsense that has nothing to do with anything?  From Devins yelling "La Cheesaria!" or whatever, to tonight - Gavin's wife telling him that he didn't smell too bad, and Lauren at TC saying that it felt good to sit by the fire, etc.  It's so odd to me that production is tossing in these throwaway lines, making them important enough to caption, but in the end they do absolutely nothing to advance anyone's stories.  So weird.

And as long as I'm yelling at everyone to get off my lawn, the excessive winky-wink between the players and the jury, as well as the jury's over the top reactions to what they're watching, can slow its roll too.  I don't need to hear two minutes of Wentworth cackling and Julia (?) bugging out, and Devins needs to please stop making those smug smirks at David or whoever he's mugging for.

Man, this is just so not me, I usually find something to like about every season.  This one, along with Thailand, I will probably never re-watch.  It makes me sad.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7