Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Blame It on Rio

• Start Topic

Stylist Marni Senofonte challenges the designers to create a mini-collection for actress Morena Baccarin ("Deadpool") who is heading to Rio de Janeiro on vacation; the designers race to create cohesive looks that tell a vacation fashion story.

Original air date 5/2/19

(edited)
21 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Hester’s runway day outfit is ridiculous.  She honestly just happened to pack a Chiquita banana head wrap?!?

And she thought to pack that Carmen Miranda outfit???

Ooops, realized  we are saying the same thing!

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm sorry but I don't know anyone that would look at Marni and think to themselves, I want her to dress me!

Check out some of the looks from the Billboard Awards and it looks like Marni was hard at work last night.

I'm OLD!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Sebastian is still by far the best designer and the group. Hester is headed for a fall.

I agree that Sebastian is the best designer, however I can only wish Hester was headed for a fall.

Somehow I don't think I'm ever going to be rid of her. ...And now she has immunity again. I'm dreading what she's going to make next week.

54 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Hester’s runway day outfit is ridiculous.  She honestly just happened to pack a Chiquita banana head wrap?!?

33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And she thought to pack that Carmen Miranda outfit???

How much luggage did she bring? Because she couldn't possibly know what the challenge would be ahead of time, so how many "just in case they do this kind of challenge" outfits did she bring with her?

And I had one of those Sophia Vergera type reactions tonight. Hester's flower shaped overal-y thing in the talking heads made me want to throw things at the television.

Edited by AwesomO4000
Damn typos.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18

This was a whole lotta "meh"

For the first time this season, I could hear Tim Gunn in my head. Color does not make a cohesive collection. The lack of imagination the designers had from the client's input was pathetic. They all seemed to say, okay, pink! Blue! It was painful to watch the teams struggle to come up with a "story" for their "girls."

To me, this was yet another affirmation of my loathing for team challenges in what is supposed to be an individual competition.

Renee failed greatly. It was sad to see, but she knew it.

Garo's - ugh. A boring and ugly iteration of his only look.

I thought Bishme did a very good job.

• Love 18

Also-Sebastian is too nice for his own good.

And, Jamal is a really, really nice guy, but his "bathing suit" was horrible, too!  He, too, over-designs and under-constructs.  He should have lost his immunity and been sent home, although, it's a hard choice, because those pants and top of Renee's wasn't so wonderful.  

I had a hard time with choosing top and bottom designs because I wasn't impressed with anything that went down the runway tonight.

Lastly, Tessa can also go home anytime now-she's a little too impressed with herself for no good reason.  

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Sebastian is still by far the best designer and the group. Hester is headed for a fall.

I hope to god so!

This is why I hate team challenges.  Sebastian should have won.

Then again, the judges are so far up Hester's ass they probably would have given her the win anyways.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I loved seeing the light heartedness of the designers when they saw the snow outside their workroom. 

See, I'm a bitter-hearted cynic.  I think production told them to go outside in the snow.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I was really hoping they were going to pull out the "nobody goes home tonight" card. They really should have.

I have absolutely nothing to say about Rainbow Brite. This just better not be another Ashley Tipton situation. They started off strong . . . get back on track and send Whackadoodle home, to be followed immediately by Tessa, please. 

A double elimination would suit me just fine!  🙂

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Plums said:

I feel like I'm going insane, lol. I HATED Hester's look. HATED. IT. Like, I wanted to cover my eyes as it came down the runway, I thought it was so ridiculous and ugly. And then they were all talking about how wonderful and wearable(!?) it is and gave her the win, and I just. I am speechless about how much I don't understand what just happened.

But, but, it was reversible!

And I'm just now re-living the horror of seeing Hester get all up in her model's crotch trying to fit the bottom. MY EYES!

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7

I'm glad the judges at least had the sense to know what they were losing with Renee.  The jacket she was wearing was FIERCE and I know she made it.  The replay of her outfits was a reminder of how good she is.

Hester's going to have to make her clown hats bigger to fit over her swollen head.  Tessa was rude and inappropriate (as usual) but SHE WAS RIGHT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
54 minutes ago, nb360 said:

I‘m ready for someone to give Tessa some good ‘ol tongue lashing. The girl and her attitude need to be checked. It’d be great if it was Christian - that check he gave to Tessa last week was gracious and it worked.

I’m glad Bishme spoke up for Hester, nice guy.

🔃💯

• Love 1

I freely admit that I know absolutely nothing about fashion and trends BUT...

I really thought that Sebastian's team would have been on top!  
Hester's and Garo's were (to me) not good.  Hester's seemed like such a mish mash of color and "style".  It also looked bad from the back, plus as someone said you could find something similar in stores.  Garo's just seemed too flowy and had a cape!  I really liked Bishme's 🙂

The other team... Well, Jamal's was terrible and the worst thing on the runway.  I felt bad that Renee was the one chosen to go home.  Especially after one of the judges pointed out that she consistently made good things and Venny had not.  Yet, they still kept him.  

Why do they keep ignoring Sebastian??

• Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

They sent home a great designer, Renee, due to the immunity perk. Maybe it needs to be eliminated , so the worst designs will be out.  It’s hard to see such a talented designer leave before some of the others.

The bigger problem are the team challenges.  Immunity can only screw the 2nd worst designer that day.  But a team challenge can screw someone who is well off the bottom.  And can also screw someone who should have won.

But of course Production loves them because they cause DRAMA.

Edited by QuantumMechanic
  • Love 12

Bishme was robbed.  And what were they going on about those yellow pants being  dropped crotch?  They weren’t dropped crotch.   That model Kate still clomps down the runway and designers are going to do what they can to not get stuck with her. She’s horrible. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Ashforth said:

The pants were poorly cut and made, Renee acknowledged that, but Kate is a terrible runway model. A glaring omission in this iteration of PR is any explanation of how the models are eliminated. Kate's been on the bottom multiple times, she plods down the runway, they should not be keeping her just because she is big. I'm not going to say "curvy" because to me, she is not noticeably shapely, she's just kinda fat. Which I can say because so am I. 

Models are more about proportions so heavier models can look as good as thinner    ones in the clothes when they have the right proportions.  The walk and the way they carry themselves too is important too.  Kate is just dumpy and I think they keep her for potential drama.

The horrible fit with those pants looked like they were made by a middle schooler in sewing class.  Made no sense because she’s way more talented than that. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Nope, judges are crazy... I love Morena, but loving that swimsuit is not good... it was not a good look and the model's butt was eating it as she walked the runway, that is not a good fitting swimsuit. The coverup thing also was just such a mishmash of dangly fabric. I hated it. 

Bishme's top and pants were great and I would have given him the win.

I liked Jamal's idea and it could have worked if he had trimmed a lot of that gauzy skirt stuff.. the longer top with the cutouts could have worked as a sort of swim dress but that hem got too wacky. 

I can't believe the middle team wasn't the top. I get where the looks were a little boring, but they all looked great, and Tessa had a larger model (I think it was Tessa) and it fit beautifully and looked good on the model. Sebastian's swimsuit was awesome and sounded like what she was looking for for the beach. 

The bottom team was definitely the bottom 😛 Those yellow pants were so bad.. 

I wish they wouldn't judge team challenges as a team, because then you could still pick the best and the worst and one really bad outfit doesn't have to sink the whole team. 

But not like that would matter, clearly Hester can do no wrong despite sending ridiculous clothes down the runway.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 10