Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: Pillow Talk

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, sainte-chapelle said:

I like Alexi a lot but Loren always got on my nerves during her season. She was also a screaming banshee mean girl on the tell all.  Also, the baby is cute but no need to trot him out every episode. 

I can't count how many times in their season that Loren kept referring to Alexi as "Sexy Lexi" and I just did not see it or agree with her.

That being said, ever since their season, anything I see him on he's become so much more attractive to me, though still not physically (though he's by no means ugly at all).  He has such a beautiful personality and a quick and clever wit.  All of these more important qualities than mere looks have boosted him to among the top of my favorites on all of these shows.  He is a good catch for Loren, and counter-balances her quite well.

• Love 12

I am really shocked how blind Molly and Cynthia are to what’s happening during Mike and Natalie’s segments, especially being women. It’s very disappointing to see them normalizing obvious and blatant abuse. 

I also can’t believe that Anny and Robert were laughing at Trish saying that Mike needs to give Natalie $5K and send her back to Ukraine when Robert’s baby’s grandma offered the same thing and they all got pissed. They were super off both celebrating Mike and Trish’s treatment of Natalie and supporting Brandon’s parents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 5/17/2021 at 7:21 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is my understanding they are all watching the same clips from the show so that producers can put together a montage of the reactions from the couples right in a row.  Does that make sense?

And PT wasted NO TIME in obsessing over the separate sleeping arrangements.....again.  "They must not love each other!  There is NO intimacy!  OH MY GOD THE WORLD WILL STOP TURNING!!!!" 

No they would not.  I am sure they are all overpaid and work about 30 hours a week working for Daddy.  Go get a real job working for someone else and let reality hit ya!!!!

Plus she has no room to talk about K & A:  "She is treating him like a child!"  Kinda like you do with Zied??  Spoken by a woman married to a man 20 or so years younger?  

I still watch the Cameo he did for my hubby!!  Makes me smile!!  Next Cameo for hubby?  Dr Kirk Honda!!!  Of Psychology in Seattle fame.

Dr. Honda is awesome.  I love how he uses episodes of reality TV shows to make his points (especially when the shows are within the 90 Day universe and consist of our favorite eff-ups) and educate we lay people as to behaviors and complexes.  I could close my eyes and listen to him speak all day and night long.  And he's way too easy on the eyes.  Very handsome man.

• Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I am really shocked how blind Molly and Cynthia are to what’s happening during Mike and Natalie’s segments, especially being women. It’s very disappointing to see them normalizing obvious and blatant abuse. 

Possibly they remember how badly Natalie treated Mike when she first arrived. She complained about everything. His looks, his weight,  his IQ, the food he liked, his home, his drinking, his uncle, his cat, living in the country. The list goes on and on. I have no sympathy for her at all. Sometimes you get what you give and she certainly got hers. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10

LOL at the Libby family seeing the RV as a peasant RV.

Chuck should have picked an RV that had luggage space. The trip is already stressful and they have only hit the Keep off the Grass sign.

• Love 2

A few weeks ago (the last time I watched this), Annie was condescending toward Natalie for confusing "horse" with "cow."  But, here she is today, being oh-so cute, mispronouncing pomegranate.  Annie, of course, could yell, "vagina," with no problem.

Veronica is totally over-emoting and posing.  I don't know what she's auditioning for - The Single Life, maybe?

• Love 5

Illegal is not acceptable to Angela.

Poor Claudio the tech guy will need some brain bleach.

Maybe Mykull's mama and Aunt Lydia can find some sort of witch doctor type to help all the family.

Andrrrei should flatly refute that he's trying to push everyone out of the business.  He should confess that he wants a $100K down payment to compete against them in his own company.  But, then, they wouldn't have a plot and all the staged fights, and they'd have no chance at a spin-off.

Loren went to a strip club for her bachelorette party.  So, for her to turn to Alexi and forbid him is just her typical hypocrisy.  

• Love 5

The vast majority of posters here are celebrating that Michael may have finally gotten free from Angela, but not the Pillow Talkers! They are all pulling for the couple to “give things another chance” and urging them to stay together. 

• Love 5

I just don't understand how/why the pillow talkers find Angela amusing.  And, David needs to take a break from being on the show as he was all 'Michael knows better-he knows how she'll react' which is so supporting an abuser over the victim.  Abusers tell their victims "you always set me off...you made me do this...etc" and we have heard Angela say those very exact words to Michael, so STOP blaming Michael for how upset Angela behaves.  I just can't believe the TLC willingly shows us her abuse of Michael week after week and season after season.  As always, I do not find Angela amusing/entertaining in the least.  It was very telling when Veronica and Tim talked about how Angela went after Tim one time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I just don't understand how/why the pillow talkers find Angela amusing.  And, David needs to take a break from being on the show as he was all 'Michael knows better-he knows how she'll react' which is so supporting an abuser over the victim.  Abusers tell their victims "you always set me off...you made me do this...etc" and we have heard Angela say those very exact words to Michael, so STOP blaming Michael for how upset Angela behaves.  I just can't believe the TLC willingly shows us her abuse of Michael week after week and season after season.  As always, I do not find Angela amusing/entertaining in the least.  It was very telling when Veronica and Tim talked about how Angela went after Tim one time.

This is one reason I cancelled Sling and only have Discovery Plus.  I was watching D plus all the time and realized the only reason I kept Sling was for Pillow Talk.  I mean, Angela's scenes need to come with a warning to domestic abuse survivors as it is VERY hard to listen to he.  Blaming Michael for a habit you started before he was born?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I just can't believe the TLC willingly shows us her abuse of Michael week after week and season after season. 

Angela has been and always will be disgusting. For that matter, so is TLC. They go low. All for ratings. I will, however, continue to watch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"Stay off lawn" sign let me know what kind of neighbors they are.

My impressions (quotes paraphrased):

Kenny:  Andrei thinks he's going to be the CEO of the family business by the end of this trip.

Veronica: Just like a man, waiting until the last minute...  Tim:  We're busy.

I don't get why they find Angela amusing and not appalling.

So what is harder - Driving all day in the comfy seat or relaxing in the crowded back?

Rebecca should be glad the family is in the RV behind her.  Otherwise, they'd get to MD and, oops, where's Rebecca?

Tim about Mikul's penis size:  In his defense, over there they probably use a different metric system.

"Me and Mikul is done."  about as convincing as the hundred times "This wedding is off".

Pillow talkers had more to work with this episode.  Hope it continues.  Good group this week.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Angela has been and always will be disgusting. For that matter, so is TLC. They go low. All for ratings. I will, however, continue to watch!

I think that the TLC producers were feeding the pillow talkers the pro-Angela lines.  Their earpieces were prominent in this episode, and they said very similar things.  Moreover, Loren, Veronica and David & Anny seem very desperate to keep their gigs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

It really bothers me how some Pillow Talkers admire Angela or laugh when she’s being heinous. She’s fucking abusive. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I think that the TLC producers were feeding the pillow talkers the pro-Angela lines.  Their earpieces were prominent in this episode, and they said very similar things.  Moreover, Loren, Veronica and David & Anny seem very desperate to keep their gigs.

I've often wondered myself if P.T. couples are being told what to say or if they are saying things to keep themselves on the show.  Nobody knows better than them how this reality tv show works so I wonder if they are aware that certain scenes or conversations are being set up by producers and they are simply behaving how they think the producers want them to behave.  *shrug*  IDK it's just sometimes (especially with Annie and David) their reactions seem waaay too over the top and staged. 

• Love 1

Veronica:  "I think she (Angela) should by Mykull a phone and load it up and it's technically her phone..."

Tim:  "I think she should NOT spy on him."

THIS is why I like Tim!  The damn voice of reason.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Sometimes I wonder if they are afraid to say anything negative about Angie because they are afraid of her. Or, maybe they’re afraid of TLC dropping them. 

It’s pretty obvious at Tim can’t stand her, they likely heavily edit or coach them on what to say. Pillow talk felt more natural last season, TLC had to ruin it by scripting the reactions.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Hey speaking of Veronica what does she do for a living??  Her house is HUGE!  And she lives in Charlotte, NC which is not cheap.  Does she really get paid that much with her P.T. gigs to afford that

I remember Tim mentioning she has a really great job but I forget what she does. Maybe she works with pretend business woman Becky. Nahhh she has a real career and doesn’t blabber all over Pillow Talk about what a great business woman she is.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 1

Re the earphones and wires we are seeing on the Pillow Talkers......... I thought ( I might be remembering wrong) that it was explained it was for them to have the good sound since the filming is being done by the pillow talkers.

Annie and David are funny but they have consistently been too over the top with their reactions ( more so Annie) and then when they go to the next couple and they are shrieking the same thing...it gets kind of old.

When Alexei isn't funny the whole show is a waste. I still love his comments. I thought that Ukrazian was the bombdotcom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, sainte-chapelle said:
  On 6/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Hey speaking of Veronica what does she do for a living??  Her house is HUGE!  And she lives in Charlotte, NC which is not cheap.  Does she really get paid that much with her P.T. gigs to afford that

I remember Tim mentioning she has a really great job but I forget what she does. Maybe she works with pretend business woman Becky. Nahhh she has a real career and doesn’t blabber all over Pillow Talk about what a great business woman she is.

Expand  

some info about Veronica from Screen Rant: "...she revealed she’s a first-generation American. Both of the 90 Day Fiancé star’s parents were born in Cuba, and her grandparents came to the USA seeking “freedom and equality."...Due to her culturally rich background, Veronica is fluent in Spanish and English and also French. The 90 Day Fiancé celeb attended the University of Rochester for an associate of arts degree and Florida International University for her BBA degree in international business. Veronica’s LinkedIn states she’s been working in different managerial positions and was also the owner at “Malcolm Firearms” an FFL licensed dealer. [*remember Tim Malcolm has an antique firearms business?] Since then, Veronica has worked as an analyst and relationship manager at Delhaize America and AXA US. She's recently been promoted to lead sourcing relationship manager at Equitable. Her job involves negotiating and enforcing contracts..."

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

some info about Veronica from Screen Rant: "...she revealed she’s a first-generation American. Both of the 90 Day Fiancé star’s parents were born in Cuba, and her grandparents came to the USA seeking “freedom and equality."...Due to her culturally rich background, Veronica is fluent in Spanish and English and also French. The 90 Day Fiancé celeb attended the University of Rochester for an associate of arts degree and Florida International University for her BBA degree in international business. Veronica’s LinkedIn states she’s been working in different managerial positions and was also the owner at “Malcolm Firearms” an FFL licensed dealer. [*remember Tim Malcolm has an antique firearms business?] Since then, Veronica has worked as an analyst and relationship manager at Delhaize America and AXA US. She's recently been promoted to lead sourcing relationship manager at Equitable. Her job involves negotiating and enforcing contracts..."

Good for her.she got a shit edit during Tim’s season but she seems like a smart cookie who dabbles in reality TV for fun. Too bad it didn’t work out between her and Tim but they both seem like nice people. Tim is a bit of a  famewhore but he supported a few non bio kids because their real dads are garbage ppl. 

• Love 12