Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Tears of a Clown

• Start Topic

(edited)

This certainly was Tinsley’s episode for better or worse - it’s like we saw all the sides.

With all the speculation on her wealth, I’m not sure if I heard anyone mention her handbag line, which I think was big in Japan (snaps to all who instantly hum that song from the 80s).  She also had some foreign endorsement deals in her heyday.  I imagine, too, that she got some kind of divorce settlement.  

With the exception of Bethany, I suspect she is at the top of this cast in terms of secure assets and income.  I think her fixation on a wealthy mate has more to do with someone who can both afford and sustain a certain lifestyle that involves being in the “in” place of the season (and not much else).  

The real problem I see is that Scott works (!) and doesn’t “get” what a man with money means to her.  It’s not just the gifts, but the freedom to travel and not be tied to an office.  Even with all of that, I think she’s ignoring that her priorities will never be his and that throwing around money and HAVING money are two different things, as is “old” and “new” money. 

I got the impression that she thought the car stunt was a little too nouveau. What she doesn’t want to admit is that the real, old money WASPs won’t have her and, it seems, that even a working schlub doesn’t want her.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ramona is least fucked up.

What a frightening thought... and yet I'm entirely unable to argue against this reasoning.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I have dabbled in show business, and I think part of what made Tinsley so upset is that she set her expectations super high. This type of high-caliber gig, and one to give her public attention, was her goal, and she got the goal, and she thought the goal itself would make her happy and it didn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Was Tinsley supposed to do more in her role as guest ringmaster? It seemed like she spend a lot of unnecessary time and angst over it for what was about a 30-second appearance. Or, is that type of thing "normal" for socialites? What was the point? (I don't expect answers, just pondering the sheer absurdity!) 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Was Tinsley supposed to do more in her role as guest ringmaster? It seemed like she spend a lot of unnecessary time and angst over it for what was about a 30-second appearance. Or, is that type of thing "normal" for socialites? What was the point? (I don't expect answers, just pondering the sheer absurdity!) 

Yeah, I mentioned that it sure seemed like a lot of hoopla for very little substance.  Possible that a bunch ended up on the cutting room floor?  I do believe it was more an in-show ad for the circus, than a vehicle for Tinsley to advance her ... whatever it is she's trying to advance.

• Love 4
On 5/2/2019 at 12:43 PM, tinaw said:

She is coming to Boston too. Playing in a little place in Medford. Its about a quarter of the size of the biggest venue in boston. "Whatevah Lu"

Or as we say in Boston, MEFF  FORD.  God knows why.  Not exactly the Ritz Carlton venue......

On 5/2/2019 at 2:41 PM, ghoulina said:

I know. She desperately needed someone to acknowledge her pain and support her. And her mother basically wanted her to stuff it back down and put on a pretty face. It broke my heart. It also really bothered me how Dale kept harping on all she had to be happy about. Depression does not know race, gender, religion, or wealth. Anyone can get depressed. Poor Tinsley. 

I do! She's a flawed individual, for sure. And I will call her out when I don't like her behavior. But I've loved her since day one and I just can't quit her. Her sense of humor is a lot like mine; and I often feel misunderstood. So I get her. 

Sawn-ya-rita!

I agree about Tinsley.  There are times you just want a hug from Momma, no matter who she might be.   It is very sad.   I hope they both read these comments and get some help.  Tins deserves it

I blow hot ad cold with Beth.  She can wear down the best of us with her poor me attitude..   She has had some crappy upbringing (according to her) and I honestly believe she adores Bryn.  But if so, she needs to put her issues  Jason behind her and make a better atmosphere for her daughter.   Holding onto that anger can make you ugly in real life.  Jason was not a perfect choice and did, according to reports, do some despicable things.  But really, can you blame him?  

On another note, I wonder if the first Jason that we saw on the first season (?) who seemed a little boring, would have been a better choice for Beth.  He dodged a bullet 

• Love 6
(edited)

I believe that Tinsley suffers from Arrested Development, where she still views herself as the 25 year-old ingenue.  She calls Dale "Mommy", and she thinks it's a huge deal to host a circus, wearing little girl clothes and huge rouge circles.  So, she wants a guy to take care of her.  It's not about the money, but about the caché that money brings; it's the ticket to all the events, the social status.  

Mr. Coupon King doesn't want all of that.  He'd have been probably happy if she'd have moved to Chicago, lived in the burbs, and had their kids end up in New Trier HS with 2 dogs and weekly neighborhood mom bunco games.

The funniest thing about the whole circus deal is that Andy Cohen admittedly despises the circus.  I listen to him on Radio Andy, and he was furious when he saw that his guest bartender on WWHL was the trapeze artist from the circus.  So I think that a lot of the circus episode ended up on the cutting room floor, 'cause Andy wasn't having it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, oceanview said:

Or as we say in Boston, MEFF  FORD.  God knows why.  Not exactly the Ritz Carlton venue......

Or we say "medfah" 😂

On 5/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yes.. Southern Charm.  Perfect.  Then Patricia can show her the ropes.  What about Shep & Tinsley?  Or,maybe Cameron can fix her up with a Doctor.  The choices are endless.  She could get along with any of the girls.  I love it.

I love it too, a lot. She would get along great with Cam and Shep and Craig. She and Patricia are both from Richmond. 

• Love 2
On 5/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, larapu2000 said:

LOL, I'm not even anywhere close to a millionaire, but I make a good living in a small city (fewer peer salaries) and I find it VERY challenging to find a guy that is comfortable with making less than I do.  And it's not even that I share my income, but they eventually guess or figure out the range, and from that point on, it becomes an issue.  I'm not even joking.

I've had men feel insecure just because I have no debt and drive a nice car. 

There are plenty of men who won't mind that a woman has more, so I don't think Tinsley or anyone should only date men who have as much or more. In Tinsley's case, that is an extremely small pool of men. But I absolutely get why some women feel they want someone at least close to what they have if they've had bad experiences. Tinsley may be scared of being a sugar mama too. 

Tinsley is an attractive woman and seems like a sweet person. I'm sure she has her choice of men if she really wanted to settle down. But one thing that's unfortunately true and I've experienced myself, dating is much harder when you're a woman and not super young anymore. I'm younger than Tinsley, and most men around my age or slightly older are either married, engaged, or divorced and already had kids/likely don't want more. There are only so many nice attractive men with good jobs who are single and want to settle down. It's tough. 

On the positive note, if you are attractive, which Tinsley is, you can always find someone. 

On 5/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, iloveit said:

Loved Sonja and the baby! "I've got my own poop problems"  LMAO! That baby was precious and clearliy having a ball.  Sonja's talking heads have been hilarious the past couple episodes. 

I get such a kick out of Sonja. I've watched an awful lot of Housewives, and she's by far one of my favorites. She's fun, funny, and doesn't take herself too seriously, except for those Morgan letters!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2023 at 12:14 PM, RealHousewife said:

I've had men feel insecure just because I have no debt and drive a nice car. 

There are plenty of men who won't mind that a woman has more, so I don't think Tinsley or anyone should only date men who have as much or more. In Tinsley's case, that is an extremely small pool of men. But I absolutely get why some women feel they want someone at least close to what they have if they've had bad experiences. Tinsley may be scared of being a sugar mama too. 

Tinsley is an attractive woman and seems like a sweet person. I'm sure she has her choice of men if she really wanted to settle down. But one thing that's unfortunately true and I've experienced myself, dating is much harder when you're a woman and not super young anymore. I'm younger than Tinsley, and most men around my age or slightly older are either married, engaged, or divorced and already had kids/likely don't want more. There are only so many nice attractive men with good jobs who are single and want to settle down. It's tough. 

On the positive note, if you are attractive, which Tinsley is, you can always find someone. 

I get such a kick out of Sonja. I've watched an awful lot of Housewives, and she's by far one of my favorites. She's fun, funny, and doesn't take herself too seriously, except for those Morgan letters!

I like her too, but such a sloppy, sloppy drunk and was drinking way too much that last season.

I can drink too much but I am not on film.

• Like 3