Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Tears of a Clown

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have played a little tennis in my life.  One would think that Zarin was a semi-pro, judging by the time and attention she gives to the game, both on television and social media.  Bawby even sent her a man involved in the game.

I don't see mad skillz when they film her playing.  Ramona either.  Tinsley is the only one in that group that actually looked like she had been on a tennis court once or twice.

I thought the same thing.  I haven't played in 10 years (elbow issues - ouch!), but I think I could still pick up a racket today and play better than Jill, Luann or Ramona.  

Jill's form and follow through were horrible.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, scoobie1 said:

Big Apple Circus only uses rescued dogs who when they aren't in the circus live on a farm with their trainer. Thankfully the Barnum and Bailey Circus is gone. I never took my kids and I hated going when I was a kid. We went once and that was it.

I'm so happy to hear that!! Kudos to them. Do you know anything about the horses?

• Love 10
(edited)

If Tinsley isn't careful she's going to end up like her father. What an ugly scene that was, getting sloppy drunk like that, pinching that man's ass. She's a total basket case and secretly has been since before joining this show. This kind of drunken, outlandish behavior is what got her arrested in FL.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 9

Too much alcohol, depression and unmet expectations are a bad combination. 

Tinsley is the kind of person that needs a relationship to feel fulfilled. She really needs to work on herself before hopping into another relationship, but I doubt she will. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

I'm so happy to hear that!! Kudos to them. Do you know anything about the horses?

They are rescued too.  They've always done this. This is the only circus my kids were allowed to go to.

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sounded like Dorinda already had a few before walking into the circus. She Shwung. 

I think Sonja did, too - she was just too "on".  Sober Sonja is much more subdued.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, msblossom said:

Too much alcohol, depression and unmet expectations are a bad combination. 

Tinsley is the kind of person that needs a relationship to feel fulfilled. She really needs to work on herself before hopping into another relationship, but I doubt she will. 

I don't blame her for wanting a relationship but I think she is confused about what she wants.  She probably shouldn't have let her marriage to Topper fall apart as they were high school sweet hearts.  I think she fell in love with being a young and beautiful debutante.  She will always be beautiful, but the young part is over.  I think that's the problem.  She needs to find her way and she will.  

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny's custody fight is a hell of her own making. If she's so overwhelmed that she strokes out, guess who gets custody of Bryn.

She only sold the alcohol portion to Jim Beam/Suntory Liquor. She still owns every other part of SkinnyGirl Blenders, Luggage, Jeans, Shapewear, Popcorn, Delimeat, and Artificial Sweeteners LLC. 

Luann and Jill are abysmal tennis players. I played in high. I was atrocious. I was better than these two. Tinsley was nationally ranked in her teens and you can still tell. She's much better than these dopes.

Tinsley was the guest ringmaster of the Big Apple Circus in the end of October.

In things that surprised me, Dale gave good advice and Ramona picked out good clothes.

In Keeping Up With the Kontinuity Errors, The Hustle started doing test screenings in March 2019 not October when the rest of this shit was filmed.

I figured that part was a fill-in (obviously, a paid-for fill in).  You could kind of tell, even when they were discussing Tinsley and Scott - it all felt very forced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Dorinda is such a jealous bitch.  She wouldn’t shut up about how great she would have been at the circus tonight.  And last season, at Lu’s after party, she was slurring about how she can sing.  

I think she was three sheets to the wind while filming her manic talking head segments.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

It is almost impossible for me to pay attention to a preview when they include a seafood tower.

I love a seafood tower.

Don’t have that but went to a crawfish boil (780 lbs of them) last weekend. F44FCF6B-79A7-40E8-9BCD-A28B080E21EA.jpeg.5d44e3bd41cfabf59a2b148b3367aea6.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is it me, or did Sawnya steal Tins' thunder a bit?  Tinsley took it very well.  Better than I would have I think.

Also, leave it to Ramona to make sure and demonstrate how little anyone else's shit means to her.  Such a rodent.

I don't think that Ramona did anything wrong.  She was there to support Tinsley during her big moment.  She then stayed for a little while longer until she had to go.  Did she have a real date - who knows?  Did she get a more enticing invitation to something more exciting than the Big Apple Circus - probably.  But, she did show.  Where were Beth and Luann?  (I don't recall if anyone said.)  

I also thought I heard Sonja mention something about having a dinner thing, as well, but once they shone the spotlight on her, that was forgotten.  Sonja DEFINITELY stole Tinsley's thunder - even Tinsley noticed how Dale gushed over Sonja's performance, moreso than her own daughter's.  Sonja will take any opportunity available to be the center of attention - even if it's pushing one of her castmates from the center ring!  (How much do you want to bet that Sonja had her PR people/agent calling the Big Apple Circus for her guest spot?)

I also think that Sonja was also drunk before she got to the show (as many here think Dorinda was).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

I'm kind of surprised that no one has said anything about the very long commercial Sonja and Dorinda gave for the movie Anne Hathaway is in.  After talking about the movie for an entire segment, the show cut to an actual commercial for the movie.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Was that guy's name Bernt? Please tell me it was a typo. Also, I felt bad for Tinsley, but I'm a softie.

That's all I've got. Pretty slow episode.

Was he the one Beth was talking to on the phone after she left the courthouse(?)? Or did she call someone totally different?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What is CPTSD?  I googled it and only got PTSD.

Feel bad for Tinsley.

Complex post traumatic stress disorder. It’s repeated trauma over months or years. Lots of relational and developmental trauma fall in this category. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm kind of surprised that no one has said anything about the very long commercial Sonja and Dorinda gave for the movie Anne Hathaway is in.  After talking about the movie for an entire segment, the show cut to an actual commercial for the movie.

This was AWFUL. I don’t recall ever seeing such blatant advertising during a HW episode.  Do they think we’re stupid? It was so obviously scripted.  I tweeted Bravo... not that they care, but they keep this up and I’m out on all the shows!

Edited by CSunshine76
Eta: iPad typos
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Was that guy's name Bernt? Please tell me it was a typo. Also, I felt bad for Tinsley, but I'm a softie.

That's all I've got. Pretty slow episode.

That’s a real name.  I had a friend with an uncle named Bernt.  I think they were Danish.

• Love 4

Bethenny is so boring.  Whining about her overbooked life — try driving YOURSELF thru traffic along with everything else, and then I won’t FF thru your stupid packages.

Oh wait, I still will.

And then shoving her post-facial mug at her employee. Stop it, already! You let your daily regimen go, a responsible esthetician is gonna do extractions! Or do you have a VSE as a celebrity guest in Dr. Pimplepopper’s show? (Please say “no.”) 

Tiresome. 

I want to send Dale on a 6-months tour of the lesser Antilles, immediately get Tinsley into a good therapist and also to a top-notch image consultant. She needed to do lots more as the celebrity ringmaster and she could’ve if she’d had some consistent support. 

She needs to identify a cause or an institution and become its patron and celebrity board member. Hobbling along as a pleasant but beleaguered woman-child on this silly show has redeemed her from the sad situation that her time with Nico put her in, but she needs more substance. 

She has a lot to offer. Her mother needs to get out of the way. 

Lu: did I see beaucoup empty seats in one of the photos taken from the stage as she boasted of her tour?  And why would an intimate cabaret act book in a venue seating hundreds?  

I figured the Crocs on Nurse Sawnya’s feet hid some pretty disgusting toe-talons.  Hee!

2 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

That’s a real name.  I had a friend with an uncle named Bernt.  I think they were Danish.

It was the name of a character (or an actor) on the show “Welcome To Sweden,” too.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, rhys said:

Was he the one Beth was talking to on the phone after she left the courthouse(?)? Or did she call someone totally different?

I'm not sure. I didn't think the guy on the phone had an accent, but I'm not positive.

1 minute ago, Tiggertoo said:

Ah, thanks. I was sure it was a Bravo screw up.

In the Barb/Moaner shopping scene, the first two outfits, were wrap tops!  Cut to Ramona's talking head, where she calls the outfits "chic" and "fabulous" and she's wearing a wrap top, too!  It's almost like the wrap silhouette if flattering on Barbara or something...

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ninjago said:

In the Barb/Moaner shopping scene, the first two outfits, were wrap tops!  Cut to Ramona's talking head, where she calls the outfits "chic" and "fabulous" and she's wearing a wrap top, too!  It's almost like the wrap silhouette if flattering on Barbara or something...

They essentially found Barbara more modern versions of what she’s been wearing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

This was AWFUL. I don’t recall ever seeing such blatant advertising during a HW episode.  Do they think we’re stupid? It was so obviously scripted.  I tweeted Bravo... not that they care, but they keep this up and I’m out on all the shows!

All the RH’s have done those movie commercials but I’ve NEVER seen an advertisement so awkwardly slapped right into the middle of an actual episode—-DA FUQ was that all about, Bravo??!! It was just so cringey and gross...yeah, I refuse to watch any more “hidden” commercials like that so they better just cut that random promo shit right out or I’m out. 

Speaking of awkward, I don’t think we’ve ever had to endure so many scenes of a “friend of” RH that didn’t make the cut as a full-time RH like Barbra has...okay, maybe that Vidal Sassoon heiress from one of the Beverly Hills seasons, but even she didn’t get nearly as much screentime as grody ol’ Babs has so far. Barb really must’ve rubbed the producers/test audiences wrong to get demoted just before her season even aired. Wonder which dumbass casting director had the bright idea to cast her? She’s really just so off-putting, yet I dunno what it is about her exactly that makes her so unlikable beyond her fugly face/clothes/house/personality. Like she’s S4 Cindy Barshop levels of charmless screen presence. And when Ramona Singer actually dresses better than you, that’s kinda bad. Honestly, I still miss Carole, especially when having to endure all these clunky scenes featuring this hag Barb.

I felt so sad for poor Tinsley, especially while she was all dressed up and drunk ugly-crying in that goofy Baby Jane outfit...there she was so excited to be in the circus, only to get completely upstaged by sloshed Sonja and shaded by both Dale and Scott! That was just pitiful to watch her having a mini-meltdown like that...homegirl needs some serious therapy indeed. She’ll never have the happy, healthy relationship she wants if she’s not happy and healthy herself.

But it’s so sad that Tins can’t even seem to imagine any other life for herself than as some rich dude’s arm candy/trophy wife/baby mama...it’s all starting to ring so hollow to her now that she’s aging and running out of time, so my heart genuinely goes out to her. Despite all her talents and education and breeding/wealth, just being another stylish society wife/mother is all she was truly bred to be, sadly. Dale should’ve raised her with far more alternative goals than just that. Sonja and Lu have both grimly accepted their disgraced divorcée status and have learned to just go with the flow, but Tins just isn’t at that stage of her life yet. 

Oh Beth...watching you loosely narrate your latest court custody battle is beyond boring to watch. 

• Love 24

At the circus, Dorinda ‘spilt her drink’ so needed another one.... Riiiiiight, sure you did 😉

Poor Tinsley.... growing older than your Princess persona is a tough gig, especially when you can’t lock down a Price Charming.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I felt so sad for poor Tinsley, especially while she was all dressed up and drunk ugly-crying in that goofy Baby Jane outfit.

I was cringing for her, and sad for her, but that was the perfect outfit to have a midlife crisis meltdown.  Like, yeah, there should be more to your life than some babydoll costume and clown make-up. 

I hope Tinsley finds a good therapist to figure out what her priorities really are, and what is meaningful to her besides wanting a love relationship, and discovers what brings her real joy.

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, ninjago said:

There's a huge difference. Wrap tops are chic and fabulous. Wrap dresses are horrible, rough around the edges, clearly not for girly girls, and every other nasty thing Ramona has said about Barbara. I'm getting the distinct impression that Geraldine Parson Smith wore a ton of wrap dresses. I find it funny that Ramona is busy crapping all over wrap dresses when one of the pals of Her Serene Highness Princess Diane of Furstenberg and her gay billionaire husband is Andy Cohen.

A wrap silhouette is actually very flattering on Barbara and Rammonia (like ammonia, too much Ramona is unpleasant and irritating).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Steph J said:

Oh God. Luann is becoming Erika Jayne.  We don't even need the one we already have!

I would watch the fuck out of a limited series that had all of the Bravo "songbirds" on tour together because Erika and Melissa Gorga are kind of terrible, but they're actually talented when compared to Luann and Kim Zolciak Biermann. There's also Danielle Staub's Real Close, Jo de la Rosa's You Can't Control Me, Gretchen's The Time is Now, and Porsha's Flatline. On the joke end, there's Sheree's Who Gonna Check Me Boo, Kenya's Gone With the Wind Fabulous, and Simon's I Am Real. Can't forget Michaele Salahi's Bump It either. None of these people think they're terrible singers and this cabaret tour has got Luann actually thinking she's good. The clash of egos would be amazing. Bravo's Barely Talented Tour.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
(edited)

“I’m not going to start complaining about paparazzi... except let me complain about paparazzi”—Our Dear Bethenny

That tennis court reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry plays against the tennis pro who can’t play tennis. “Another game for Milos!”

seinfeld kramer GIF

Luann, you are not allergic to alcohol. To have the gall to say (in a previous episode) that people with food allergies have it easier than her because SHE is ALCOHOLIC, and then explain things away like you are “allergic” to alcohol?   Ugh

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14
47 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The clash of egos would be amazing. Bravo's Barely Talented Tour.

You’re missing out on prime VPR talent!  Sandavol playing trumpet, Ariane can do a comedy opening and James can DJ during the breaks. Lala wont be able to attend because Randall has her on lockdown.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I love the Can't Sing for Shit Tour idea!  We're also forgetting fully half the cast of Potomac:  Candiace Dillard, who spent her whole first season trying to audition; Monique Samuels, the drunk mommy rapper; and Ashley Darby, singing for her husband's heart.  What a truckload of talent.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
(edited)

Ugh. Jill Zarin with her accessory dog. Poor pup. Anyway,  Bobby isn’t upstairs cheering on Jill’s new man for effs sakes.She’s on the same bs train as Bethenny who got a celestial note from the dead fiancé giving her the green light to bone someone new. 

It’s always too much for bethenny, but she thrives on drama and chaos. Good thing she is rich. Who else is gonna tell her to breathe, and reassure her. I mean their pay checks are at stake here! They want the crazy to continue to help pay the rent. 

Barbara looks older than Ramona. She can put as many new frocks on as she wants but until she fixes that face, she’s going to continue to look like old pastry. 

Lu is so full of shite. She’s been the biggest, meanest biotch this season ever since she’s been allegedly sober. Hopefully she can keep her nose clean or else she’ll be doing cabaret shows at the crowbar hotel. Knowing  Lu, she’ll call herself the Johnny Cash of cabaret!

I would not let my child sit on a drunken Sonja’s lap. WTF were they thinking?

Tinsley. How embarrassing to have a public breakdown in scary doll costume. Her Mom is a passive aggressive bag with a drinking problem of her own. She may love her daughter but she throws those verbal jabs and it sticks to a sensitive person like Tinsley. I suggest Tins distance herself from her mom, get therapy, and start setting boundaries.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Suckeredin said:

Did anyone else find it odd that when Lu and Sonia were dressed as "sexy" nurses (which in itself is odd...and sad), they were wearing the most unsexy, actual nurses clogs?  These women wear spike heels to the supermarket but when it comes times to a play dress up they go the orthopedic route....

The whole slutty nurse thing is insulting.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm kind of surprised that no one has said anything about the very long commercial Ifter talking about the movie for an entire segment, the show cut to an actual commercial for the movie.

It actually was discussed, and that it was an obvious in-show ad.

• Love 2