Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16 : Top 8

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

On 4/29/2019 at 9:10 AM, Jillybean said:

I watched this episode solely for Adam Lambert. He was the most spectacular Idol contestant ever! I spent some time watching a few of his Idol performances on YouTube yesterday evening before the show, and it reminded me how very far the show has fallen.  I was wondering how he would mentor this very blah group and I thought he was a great mentor. He treated each person with kindness and gave them constructive suggestions on how to deliver a song or improve their performance. Not winning Idol was probably the best thing that could have happened for Adam's career. I'm excited for the Queen/Adam show tonight.

Sometimes I wonder if I am seeing the same performance the judges are. For example, I thought Jeremiah was very unemotional and disconnected. I think he's a perfectly fine singer (though not a "powerhouse" as Bobby Bones stated) but there is nothing really unique or interesting about him.

I find Alejandro so boring, week in and week out. He just seems like your average busker to me, and I actually find his voice a little thin.

When Wade came out on stage and started speaking the words in his fake voice, I burst out laughing. I really wanted to watch him but my husband insisted I fast-forward since neither of us can bear the fake -- and quite terrible -- "singing" voice. I gathered from the judges comments that he screwed up (again) -- and they seemed to be attempting to gently guide the audience not to vote for him -- but alas. I do have to wonder if Vote for the Worst is still around?

ETA: This is a pretty good compilation of Adam's performance highlights from Season 8 (10 years ago!). 

What a pleasure.  He was lucky not to win.  They wouldn't have known what to do with him.