Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Mercedes' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Running a bit late tonight Pounders - my eating habit has been a Boost and left over malted Robin Eggs candy from Easter.  No lectures please!

Anyhow, just catching up - looks like Mercedes gives the term "a family bed" a whole new meaning.  Feel sorry for her kiddo's, they look cute.  

How do you have leftover malted Robins eggs? Easter was weeks ago... 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I’m sad that she forgave her piece of shit father.  Forgiveness is for the piece of mind of the victim, not to ease the guilt of your rapist before he dies (what was hopefully a painful death) and deservedly goes to Hell!

Exactly my thoughts. 

Ew. A dying abusive asshole is still the asshole who abused you. You’re not compelled to give anyone who was an abusive pos to you any semblance of forgiveness or comfort in their dying days. That’s for yourself. Not them. Fuck them. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

And, oh yes, she sits that big tub of ice cream down a few inches from her exposed crotch and opens it.

So, like, as someone who is (somewhat) new to the lactose intolerance side of life, I usually get a little drool at the corner of the mouth when I see real dairy ice cream being consumed but after that? Not tonight. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

My 14 1/2 pound little dog died last Thursday when I took him in for a dental.

(((((hugs))) for you, @Kid 

I'm sorry sorry.

That's a good idea, give your kids a bunch of ice cream at bedtime. I couldn't imagine having to sleep with her. Why can't she either get a sofa bed or put bunk beds somewhere?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

How in fuck do these women find men to father their babies?

Some guys love to have sex with fat women. SMDH

(edited)

When I was attending OA, a lot of people in that room were survivors of sexual abuse by a family member. So this woman falls right into that paradigm as have many of the people on this show. It’s almost like,  not only do you use food not to feel, you use fat to make yourself unappealing.  Not understanding, of course, that the sexual abuse had nothing to do with enticing somebody!

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

Hi Pounders!!!  I may not be very snarky tonight.  My 14 1/2 pound little dog died last Thursday when I took him in for a dental. So seeing Nico’s cute little face tonight (thanks, Curly Girl) was food for the soul.

So very sorry. I remember watching the night I had to put my horse down last year. It does steal the snark. ((Hugs))

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hi all. My eating habit was poor tonight. A Hot Pocket, some ripple chips and a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream with chocolate syrup for desert. It was good, though. 🙂

Dis not good situation.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Anyone else think that ring near her mouth was a piece of ice cream? I kept thinking "omg, do you not feel that ice cream on your chin??"

That bed looked nasty. Those poor slaves  kids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

I'm getting my dinner ready to take upstairs and looking round the kitchen for something sweet. to round out the meal.  Not.a.thing.  I'm going to have to go back down and put some peanut butter cookie dough in the air fryer (yes, my friends, you can air fry cookie dough). 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I never realized til I lived by myself for the first time, as a broke grad student in Philly, just how expensive food is...and just for myself! I can't even fathom the cost of how much food it takes to sustain that body. 

• Love 20
Just now, Kid said:

When I was intending OA, a lot of people in that room were survivors of sexual abuse by a family member. So this woman falls right into that paradigm as have many of the people on this show. It’s almost like,  not only do you use food not to feel, you use fat to make yourself unappealing.  Not understanding, of course, that the sexual abuse had nothing to do with enticing somebody!

I, too, have noticed this. This is why having sex with children and innocents is worthy of castration, and/or other painful punishments.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

So, like, as someone who is (somewhat) new to the lactose intolerance side of life, I usually get a little drool at the corner of the mouth when I see real dairy ice cream being consumed but after that? Not tonight. 

Not that I’m recommending the serving suggestion, but as someone who refused to give up dairy, try beano. It really works

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You can make a little gif of that when you get tempted or feel sad you can’t any any 😂 

• LOL 5
8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Flesh eating bacteria..that's a first

Apparently the bacteria didn't have as big of an appetite as she does. It didn't seem to eat that much of her flesh.

• LOL 20
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Whatever happened to baby Jane is the movie, the song is I’ve written a letter to daddy.

Sad to say, I can practically sing that one by heart. I must have been traumatized. 

• Love 3

I am guessing 756.  I never can tell how tall  these people are.  

My eating habit tonight was pork loin, some mint jelly (not sugar free) instead of the usual pepper jelly, sweet potatoes with sugar, butter and cinnamon,  and steamed broccoli with butter.  Dessert was 3 mint chocolate milano cookies.

Have set DVR to record this plus The Amazing Race.

• Love 5

I still laugh out loud when they make it sound like these folks just happen to "call Dr Now" out of the blue. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Ooh, another bed chef. 

And, oh yes, she sits that big tub of ice cream down a few inches from her exposed crotch and opens it.

I have no words. 

How does she not get that this is wrong as hell? How?

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • Love 4
Just now, Julyolo said:

It didn't seem to eat that much of her flesh.

It died from bloat.

4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Not too good.  My elderly kitty died unexpectedly over the weekend, and I am depressed.  Fortunately, I have only emotionally eaten some PF milano cookies and some lime sherbet.

I need this to be either an inspirational story or a complete train wreck to distract me.

Sorry to hear about your kitty @Twopper; my 13 year old cat is in the "pet hospital" right now with pancreatitis - she did a bit better today, but prognosis is very guarded for her. I'm sorry for your loss - since this has started my eating habit has been non-existent or flat out bad.  I too find Milano cookies QUITE therapeutic though.....

This one looks like a train wreck in the making. {{{Hugs to you too}}}}, tough week for our furry pals 😞

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Buying in bulk.

or possibly rationing but more likely the first because they are malted robns eggs.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CheeseBurgh said:

I’m really pulling for her, she seems so tragic and her kids seem like such nice kids.

I am, but only for the sake of her poor children. Her daughter should not have to bear the burden of her mother’s choice so young. 

• Love 12

Terry's MIA????  What a surprise.

Run Terry, Run!!!!!

Looks like another "journey" in the back of the van where of course she's SCARED!  Missed the beginning - where does she live?  Her brother is a saint.

• Love 2