Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: He Didn't Look Like a Prince

druzy
  • Start Topic

On 4/30/2019 at 1:47 AM, Dance4Life said:

Exactly! Well, said. She is on her 3rd kid!  What does she mean she has never had her kids alone????

Wasn’t she bragging just a segment earlier she is a stay at home mom???

I thought it was hateful how she snapped that now Aubrey would get the throat infection and basically told her to shut up.

oh, you have 2 sick babies (or, is it only Watson?)......but, now if Aubrey gets sick this is going to give YOU a mental break...???

Let’s not worry about the children sick and  in pain.

You are the mom and supposed to be strong.

You are right!  Why is she always on the phone with her chumpy husband?

I don’t ever drive in snow......and, it looks hella dangerous....soooo, WTF??

Truck windows covered in frost, ground covered in ice and there is Chelsea.  One hand on the steering wheel, pulling into the main road...all while staring at her phone. Car full of kids. 

In the middle of a mental break.

I do agree with this. I felt sympathy for her dealing with the possibility of 3 sick kids but you're right, she was mostly thinking of herself. That 3rd baby might be the straw for her. I never understood why she wanted another one so soon! 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, kicksave said:

Her irrational desire to have another baby so soon after Watson was not thought through. Unfortunately, it will not get less stressful as the kids grow. A little distance in age between Watson and Layne would have been wise for someone like Chelsea who clearly has anxiety and could probably use an occasional baby-sitter or mother's helper...poor Aubrey...she seems to be taking on the responsibility of being the nanny much like Bentley is for Maci. I felt bad for her when Chelsea chewed her out in the car.

This begs the question ... why doesn't she hire someone to help out as needed?  Surely she has enough money. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

This begs the question ... why doesn't she hire someone to help out as needed?  Surely she has enough money. 

She probably thinks it would take away from her "brand" Stay at Home Mama Bear and all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I do agree with this. I felt sympathy for her dealing with the possibility of 3 sick kids but you're right, she was mostly thinking of herself. That 3rd baby might be the straw for her. I never understood why she wanted another one so soon! 

Watson was barely six months old when she proclaimed she had baby fever and wanted another one right away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just read that David Eason killed one of the family dogs because it bit Ensley...if Jenelle isn't released from this show after this then I have lost all respect for MTV. I can only think of how this will forever traumatize those kids. David is sick and dangerous.

• Love 7

If Chelsea really wants to feel the stress of a sick kid, try getting the call from day care that your kid has a 103 degree fever and racing home from work (past the co-workers with the eyes rolling) to pick him/her up and get to the dr. & pharmacy before they close (obviously back in the day before urgent care).  Good times!

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

If Chelsea really wants to feel the stress of a sick kid, try getting the call from day care that your kid has a 103 degree fever and racing home from work (past the co-workers with the eyes rolling) to pick him/her up and get to the dr. & pharmacy before they close (obviously back in the day before urgent care).  Good times!

Exactly! I had three kids...my boys were three years apart in age and my daughter was five years apart from the youngest son and 9 years apart from my oldest son. It still presented challenges when they all got sick at the same time...my sons got chicken pox when my daughter was a baby and my husband was in another city due to work. I didn't have the benefit of a big family to help me out and my husband wasn't able to travel home until two weeks after it was all over. I was bone tired from the round the clock oatmeal baths and caladryl applications and nursing my daughter but I dealt with it. I actually felt a certain amount of pride for having survived all this and handling it on my own. I hear what you're saying though...my daughter in law and son both work and have a son that is in daycare full time...when he has a fever one of them has to leave work and pick him up and get him into the doctor's or take him home. Chelsea is fortunate that she doesn't have this issue and has tons of family to help her..no need for her to take it out on Aubree...that made me sad.

• Love 4
On 4/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, kicksave said:

Her irrational desire to have another baby so soon after Watson was not thought through. Unfortunately, it will not get less stressful as the kids grow. A little distance in age between Watson and Layne would have been wise for someone like Chelsea who clearly has anxiety and could probably use an occasional baby-sitter or mother's helper...poor Aubrey...she seems to be taking on the responsibility of being the nanny much like Bentley is for Maci. I felt bad for her when Chelsea chewed her out in the car.

I don't think wanting to have children close in age is irrational. All 3 of mine are roughly 19 months apart. I have anxiety. I think some people are prone to anxiety, but their triggers are all different. Chelsea has seemed a bit stressed just from having a 3rd child; but not THAT much. She also was able to remain calm many times and laugh it off when both little ones were crying. I think the robbery really triggered her anxiety and now she's in a state where EVERYTHING seems like the end of the world. She needs help, but I can't fault her for having her children close in age. It actually HAS gotten easier for me as they've gotten older. And they're super tight, which I love. 

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

This right here!  The added stress of having to leave work, wondering how to finish all of the reports stacked on your desk, while ALSO soothing a sick barfing kid is real stress.  I have a great boss and coworkers now, but I have been at a job where "leaving for your sick kid" was frowned upon, and when I had to do it, it caused so much anxiety and stress.  

• Love 7
On 4/30/2019 at 6:13 AM, Linny said:

It continues to bother me that MTV won't cut ties with Jenelle despite her abusive husband throwing off production. They fired Farrah in part due to her adult work not aligning with company values, yet they'll bend over backwards to accommodate David's power plays. Paying Jenelle to go out of state to drink with Barb is just enabling the abuse to continue. It's letting David's tactics work and simultaneously keeping Jenelle comfortable, and for what purpose? It benefits no one to see these sad scenes of Jenelle tap dancing around her husband's behavior like it's not so bad. Juxtaposing Jenelle's feeble defense of David with screenshots detailing their online foolishness makes it really clear that MTV is both funding and profiting off of a highly toxic situation. This isn't entertainment, but it's not a cautionary statement of what abuse looks, either; it's a long parade of depression and dysfunction that shouldn't be portrayed on the show any longer. 

I don’t even like that David’s name is mentioned or appears on screen. Maybe it’s the teacher in me, but any type of attention is the last thing he should be getting. 

Referencing him each week, even by name, still reminds viewers of his presence and/or link to the show. That doesn’t reinforce MTV/Viacom’s alleged zero tolerance policy of his behavior. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think wanting to have children close in age is irrational. All 3 of mine are roughly 19 months apart. I have anxiety. I think some people are prone to anxiety, but their triggers are all different. Chelsea has seemed a bit stressed just from having a 3rd child; but not THAT much. She also was able to remain calm many times and laugh it off when both little ones were crying. I think the robbery really triggered her anxiety and now she's in a state where EVERYTHING seems like the end of the world. She needs help, but I can't fault her for having her children close in age. It actually HAS gotten easier for me as they've gotten older. And they're super tight, which I love. 

It's not irrational...her DESIRE, so soon after giving birth to Watson seemed irrational to me. We all love our children as babies but having kids that close in age isn't easy and if you are prone to anxiety and have inability to handle stressful situations without having support from family and friends then MAYBE it would have been more prudent to wait a year or two when the first baby is a little more independent...that's all that was meant. I am NOT faulting her...just making an observation. And kids don't have to be close in age to be close.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Good luck getting many doctors/psychiatrists to prescribe Valium or any other benzodiazepines these days. And wasn’t Chelsea rumored to be taking some kind of stimulant for weight loss? Could be more going on here.

Preach!

It’s also the insurance assholes who won’t approve anything either. I’ve been taking the same medication (in the benzo family) for my insomnia for over seven years, but it was denied last month despite two appeals from my doctor. 

I tried Ambien, Lunesta, Trazodone and every other RX created for insomnia. Nothing worked. Nothing. My doc knew enough about other RXs and side effects, so she suggested that I try Klonopin. It’s usually prescribed to treat seizures, panic disorder, and anxiety, but one major side effect is severe drowsiness. It was the only thing that worked for me. I was actually sleeping! 

Per my insurance company’s protocol, I have an appointment next week to see a neurologist who specializes in sleeping disorders. 

Back on topic: Chelsea used Profile by Sanford after she had Watson. Once they learned she was using their products, MTV was there to film a meeting with Chelsea agreeing to partner with them.  

It’s some obscenely priced pre-packaged meal & beverage system. I perused the website for 20 seconds and it reminded me of a ridiculously expensive Jenny Craig or NutriSystem. 

• Love 4

Let's keep the focus of conversation on the episode, please. Use the Small Talk thread for discussing your own personal experiences with anxiety and treatment.  

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

It's not irrational...her DESIRE, so soon after giving birth to Watson seemed irrational to me. We all love our children as babies but having kids that close in age isn't easy and if you are prone to anxiety and have inability to handle stressful situations without having support from family and friends then MAYBE it would have been more prudent to wait a year or two when the first baby is a little more independent...that's all that was meant. I am NOT faulting her...just making an observation. And kids don't have to be close in age to be close.

I’m closer to my sister who is 6 yrs older than me instead of the one 4 yrs older than me.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 9:04 AM, Adiba said:

Could Chelsea have postpartum depression and/or anxiety? It can be delayed sometimes. I do agree that Cole and Randy have coddled her, but Chelsea may need therapy to deal with her life too.

something is definitely going on with her, which I guess we see more of next week.  But she seems to be a little over dramatic about anything and everything lately.  Which I'm not sure if that's the right word but I think it's definitely noticeable.  Like freaking out that Aubry is likely getting sick too. 

5 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Some people just refuse to let other people help when it comes to their children. Chelsea seems to be the type that hates to be away from her kids, even if it's only 5 min. 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

This right here!  The added stress of having to leave work, wondering how to finish all of the reports stacked on your desk, while ALSO soothing a sick barfing kid is real stress.  I have a great boss and coworkers now, but I have been at a job where "leaving for your sick kid" was frowned upon, and when I had to do it, it caused so much anxiety and stress.  

THIS. Yet, Chelsea makes Cole do this when she is a stay-at-home parent. If she'd ever had a full-time job, she'd realize how convenient it is that their family doesn't have to argue over who takes the sick days with the kid. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

I thought it was irrational too. It was like she didn't think about it more than, "coley! Babyyyyy! Watson cuddly. Me want!" I highly doubt she weighed the pros and cons, or considered delaying her gratification (which she has never had to do). It's the same irrational desire that got her pregnant five months before her wedding. She just doesn't think things through logically (and neither do any of the other moms). 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I thought it was irrational too. It was like she didn't think about it more than, "coley! Babyyyyy! Watson cuddly. Me want!" I highly doubt she weighed the pros and cons, or considered delaying her gratification (which she has never had to do). It's the same irrational desire that got her pregnant five months before her wedding. She just doesn't think things through logically (and neither do any of the other moms). 

This is also what I thought. Not that having kids close in age is wrong because obviously it's a personal choice, but I really felt like in Chelsea's case she had no idea what she was signing up for. She hadn't had a baby since Aubree and likely forgot about the cruising/toddling/touch everything/have hourly tantrums phase when she was in the throws of cuteness with Watson. I just didn't see her handling it well with a newborn and Aubree in tow. 

• Love 3

I usually like Chelsea but her inability to function on her own is starting to change my opinion of her. You can't take all three kids to the doctor by yourself without it being a drama? Really?? Leah said something similar when she had to take all the girls to the dentist at the same time. I didn't understand why that was a big  deal,lol!

Watson had strep, easily treated with antibiotics, yet she was acting like he was diagnosed with a deadly disease! Most kids do get strep at some point and usually more than once. Chelsea didn't gave a fuck about Aubry, instead she commanded her that she was going to HAVE TO help her, then expressed concern thst SHE, Chelsea, might get sick too. When you have more than one child chances are if they have a contagious illness they're going to be sick at the same time. If you can't deal with that don't have multiple children. As others have said, at least she doesn't have a job she has to call in to. She's home anyway so what's the big deal? Why couldn't the call to Cole wait until she got home? And her holding be the phone while driving was really pissing me off!! At least get Bluetooth. At one point she had both hands off the wheel, one hand was holding the phone while she rubbed her face with the other.

• Love 6
On 4/30/2019 at 3:50 PM, JuliesMommy said:

I will probably get some side eyes  for this as well lol, I too have had my parents coddle me most of my adolescent years and I use to be the same way as a teen and run to my dad for EVERYTHING! Car overheated - cry and run to dad, flat tire - cry and run to dad, boyfriend being mean - yup, you guessed it! Run and cry to dad lol. So I have a soft spot for Chelsea. Once I got married (at 27) and had had my daughter at 29 (which most people thought I was considered “old” to be having kids) I would contact my husband for EVERYTHING as well... to the point where I’m sure I was breaking his balls constantly over simple bullshit. Because we consider ourselves best friends he has and continues to make time for me anytime I call, even if it’s for something small lol ala Chelsea. I’m a SAHM and I am very hands on with my kid, so when she does get sick I’m up all night tending to her, checking her fever, making sure she has her medicine given at the right time, making sure she’s eating well, resting and overall just trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible. My husband works so I refuse to bother him throughout the night to do all those tasks. Now, I’m having my second child and I won’t lie I’m kinda scared about having them both sick at the same time (which I know will happen at some point) and I’m worried on how the hell Im going to balance both! Lol yes, most people are going to say “grow the fuck up, you’re a grown ass woman with 2 children” lol but being that I’m the one that does EVERYTHING for them when it comes to being sick, i worry that I won’t have enough hands to do both! Lol sorry for this rant, but just had to share one of my pregnancy/second kid otw fears lol. 

Imma just say it... don't do to your child what your parents did to you. Let them be independent. I have twins so I always had 2 kids at a time. If one's in the crib they won't die from crying for a few minutes while you tend to the other. In fact, it makes them more independent and with two, you WILL have to deal with this. Mine are young teens now but they actually tell me stories all the time of kids who literally cannot function without their parents doing things for them and marvel at how ridiculous it is. Remember- you're not raising children, you're raising future adults. Do you want your daughter(s) to have to "have a man" to rely on? Ok, off soap box lol.

Back to the show: I think Chelsea's issues are a combo of anxiety and never having to actually deal with anything on her own. It would be sad if someday she got Cole fired when the Teen Mom gravy train finally dies, because she literally cannot function without him and has to have him holding her hand all the time.

I agree with everyone who said Jenelle needs to go. MTV has had so many reasons for her to be fired but this whole inability to actually film should be the end. Why are they letting these fools dictate when they work? Work or be fired. 

I wonder if Kail blows through all of her teen mom money. It sure seems like it. She's never in a house long enough to build much equity, and she's constantly spending on new cars, vacations, tattoos, etc. Again, when this train ends, she's gonna be in big trouble. Jo and Vee seem to do all right, but Javi is military which means he's going to be a pretty low earner and of course Chris is, at least as of now, a loser who isn't ever going to earn much. Kail has very few skills (but at least has a degree), and no real work experience to parlay into a career. Out of all the moms I think she's the most likely to crash and burn when the show is over, because I just don't see how she's saved a dime over the years and she has nothing to fall back on. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, happykitteh said:

I usually like Chelsea but her inability to function on her own is starting to change my opinion of her. You can't take all three kids to the doctor by yourself without it being a drama? Really??

But her job is to provide drama for her TV show.  I have no doubt she was stressed by the situation, but I think the drama might have been artificially ramped up, perhaps even unintentionally on her part.

So she's been coddled, and now she has a boring life that must be made interesting to keep her job.  Not an optimal situation for someone prone to anxiety.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

This is also what I thought. Not that having kids close in age is wrong because obviously it's a personal choice, but I really felt like in Chelsea's case she had no idea what she was signing up for. She hadn't had a baby since Aubree and likely forgot about the cruising/toddling/touch everything/have hourly tantrums phase when she was in the throws of cuteness with Watson. I just didn't see her handling it well with a newborn and Aubree in tow. 

And yet, my bet is on her getting pregnant again either this year or next. These girls feel the need to pop out kids constantly without little breaks in between.

I don't blame Chelsea for being stressed for schlepping 3 kids to the doctor on a snowy, freezing winter day. It's not exactly easy (although at Aubree's age, she can help). But the thing is, she has no job or anything else going on throughout her days so, it really shouldn't be the end of the world.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, queenbee24 said:

wonder if Kail blows through all of her teen mom money. It sure seems like it. She's never in a house long enough to build much equity, and she's constantly spending on new cars, vacations, tattoos, etc. Again, when this train ends, she's gonna be in big trouble. Jo and Vee seem to do all right, but Javi is military which means he's going to be a pretty low earner and of course Chris is, at least as of now, a loser who isn't ever going to earn much. Kail has very few skills (but at least has a degree), and no real work experience to parlay into a career. Out of all the moms I think she's the most likely to crash and burn when the show is over, because I just don't see how she's saved a dime over the years and she has nothing to fall back on. 

I often wonder about this. What was wrong with the last house/car you bought 5 minutes ago?  It seems like some of these TMs are constantly "upgrading" with no regard for the future. Except the toil and trouble crew, of course. 

• Love 6

I feel for Chelsea a little bit because it was a little overwhelming for me when I went from two kids with a large age gap (almost 10 years between my two boys) to three kids with the two little ones close in age (27 months apart). Going from 1 to 2 was a piece of cake. Going from 2 to 3 has been a challenge. I love them to pieces and I don't regret anything at all, but I was very naive about how much harder 3 would be than 2, especially 2 with the oldest being older and more self-sufficient and helpful. I think she has some of those days that I have too...everything is overwhelming and anxiety monster rears its ugly head and it's all blown out of proportion. The difference between her and me is that I don't have to deal with it on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I often wonder about this. What was wrong with the last house/car you bought 5 minutes ago?  It seems like some of these TMs are constantly "upgrading" with no regard for the future. Except the toil and trouble crew, of course. 

I completely agree with this, but I do think Kail will land on her feet. I could see her having a MASSIVE freak out when her money starts dwindling. She will have to move probably, and will NOT be pleasant to be around during that. However, there are plenty of non-glamorous jobs she could do with a degree in communications, and at least the podcast is something on her resume. For instance, my sister started at a call center, and then worked her way up to a better desk job within the company. I could see Kail doing this and having a comfortable middle class life, but hating every second, while she bitches and moans that she is a CELEBRITY, and above this! She will hold low key contempt for her coworkers, because she's soooo much better, but she will be able to thrive in her career and support her children. 

Leah is the one I really worry about! She couldn't ever get a call center job, with her grammar and speech patterns, nor any kind of job where she had to try to be professional in any way. If she ever gets one, I can't imagine her ever making above minimum wage. Her best bet, unfortunately, is to find a decent dude and try harder to stay married to him. She could try to be a SAHM too. Even if you're totally incompetent, you can get online, for example, and print yourself out a cleaning schedule, at least to follow in the beginning. It's sad that she probably can't do more than that, but I honestly don't believe she can. 

Chelsea will have the lifestyle drop anxiety like Kail, I think. She has NEVER had a budget, and and she's never known what it's like to go into Target and think, "maybe I shouldn't buy these matching PJ's for everyone!" More importantly, she's never seen a concert advertised that she didn't buy tickets to, as well as expensive clothes, or nice bags and beauty treatments. When someone breaks in, just moving won't be an option she could even really consider. Not that her lifestyle is as out of control as Kail's, but most SAHM's of large families don't have the luxury to buy whatever suits their fancy. I also see it being bad for her marriage, because I see Cole being scared to bring up the realities of their new lifestyle, and if he even hints at it, Chelsea will shoot him a look and he'll apologize and shut up. Then, he'll try to avoid spending anything so he can make her happy. (Ducking to avoid tomatoes. Maybe Cole makes zillions, and this won't happen, but my personal opinion is she'll have to cut back a little, and it will seem like a big deal to her). 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 9

During this season I think it's become quite clear that Kail has been saving money.  She put a good chunk towards that hair care (and if you watch Shahs of Sunset in which Reza did the same, that's not cheap - and Reza's line is quite a bit cheaper than Kail's) and she easily wrote a check to Jo for a significant amount of money. 

And I feel like she's been in her house for quite awhile.  Or maybe these seasons just make things seem like forever lol 

And didn't she buy it with Javi? That might be another reason she wants to move. And she's probably got the money now to build exactly what she wants. 

9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Leah is the one I really worry about! She couldn't ever get a call center job, with her grammar and speech patterns, nor any kind of job where she had to try to be professional in any way. If she ever gets one, I can't imagine her ever making above minimum wage. Her best bet, unfortunately, is to find a decent dude and try harder to stay married to him. She could try to be a SAHM too. Even if you're totally incompetent, you can get online, for example, and print yourself out a cleaning schedule, at least to follow in the beginning. It's sad that she probably can't do more than that, but I honestly don't believe she can. 

Could not agree more with you on this!  This bitch cant sell Avon, do MLM, or anything that requires talking with people.  Remember her "motivational speech' thing she was trying to do? Or when she tried selling some shit that she invested her and Jeremy's money into and got no return back?  All that cheap ass makeup she bought is now laying in a hoarding crap in her house and Gracie is the only one that uses it!  I hate to sound mean, but she really doesn't have the brains to start her own business or work a 9-5.  MTV has made it easy for ALL of them to sit back and collect without having to put any effort into anything in life other than having more kids, and Leah hasn't even put that much effort into that.  The difference between Leah, Kail, and Chelsea ( i wont even mention Jenelle cause she's a fucking VOID) is that Chelsea and Kail #1 don't have a drug problem, and #2 even with Chelsea being "coddled" or Kail having no one but herself to count on, have at least shown that their kids come first.  I just dont see that with Leah. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I completely agree with this, but I do think Kail will land on her feet. I could see her having a MASSIVE freak out when her money starts dwindling. She will have to move probably, and will NOT be pleasant to be around during that. However, there are plenty of non-glamorous jobs she could do with a degree in communications, and at least the podcast is something on her resume. For instance, my sister started at a call center, and then worked her way up to a better desk job within the company. I could see Kail doing this and having a comfortable middle class life, but hating every second, while she bitches and moans that she is a CELEBRITY, and above this! She will hold low key contempt for her coworkers, because she's soooo much better, but she will be able to thrive in her career and support her children. 

Chelsea will have the lifestyle drop anxiety like Kail, I think. She has NEVER had a budget, and and she's never known what it's like to go into Target and think, "maybe I shouldn't buy these matching PJ's for everyone!" More importantly, she's never seen a concert advertised that she didn't buy tickets to, as well as expensive clothes, or nice bags and beauty treatments. When someone breaks in, just moving won't be an option she could even really consider. Not that her lifestyle is as out of control as Kail's, but most SAHM's of large families don't have the luxury to buy whatever suits their fancy. I also see it being bad for her marriage, because I see Cole being scared to bring up the realities of their new lifestyle, and if he even hints at it, Chelsea will shoot him a look and he'll apologize and shut up. Then, he'll try to avoid spending anything so he can make her happy. (Ducking to avoid tomatoes. Maybe Cole makes zillions, and this won't happen, but my personal opinion is she'll have to cut back a little, and it will seem like a big deal to her). 

I agree with you @Christina87- Kailyn is foul with some personality problems but she has the highest IQ out of all the girls. If she HAD TO work a 9-5 to keep the lights on and food on the table I have no doubt that she could do it, not that Jo or Javi would ever let their boys go without, but I don’t worry about Kailyn or Lux struggling in any real sense. 

Leah is dumb as rocks and as Ali ages, continues to be ill, she’s not going to handle it well emotionally. I don’t think Corey or Jeremy will let their girls suffer from lack of basic needs, but if Leah goes off the rails again, Addie may end up at Corey’s house. 

Chelsea likes to spend money- I’m not mad at her, and I like to spend money too, but you’re right she’s never had to budget and think “do I want to load $50 on my Starbucks card or get a pedicure this month?” Again #firstworldproblems but even when single childfree professionals “look rich” it’s because they are budgeting and making conscious decisions on how to spend their money. Never mind someone in a family of five. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you @Christina87- Kailyn is foul with some personality problems but she has the highest IQ out of all the girls. If she HAD TO work a 9-5 to keep the lights on and food on the table I have no doubt that she could do it, not that Jo or Javi would ever let their boys go without, but I don’t worry about Kailyn or Lux struggling in any real sense. 

Leah is dumb as rocks and as Ali ages, continues to be ill, she’s not going to handle it well emotionally. I don’t think Corey or Jeremy will let their girls suffer from lack of basic needs, but if Leah goes off the rails again, Addie may end up at Corey’s house. 

Chelsea likes to spend money- I’m not mad at her, and I like to spend money too, but you’re right she’s never had to budget and think “do I want to load $50 on my Starbucks card or get a pedicure this month?” Again #firstworldproblems but even when single childfree professionals “look rich” it’s because they are budgeting and making conscious decisions on how to spend their money. Never mind someone in a family of five. 

Hard agree with every single word. And sadly, I agree with you that Addie may end up at Corey's. she would get better care there, and I don't see Corey and Miranda finding the sassy thing cute. I think Leah and Addie spend too much time alone as it is. In a weird way, I could see them ending up like Big Addie / Little Edie, because they seem so enmeshed in a weird way. I hope that continues to change as Addie goes to school! It's sad that Leah really has so few skills. It's almost like the only career she could handle is trophy wife, with a ton of money in the bank and nannies, while all she has to worry about is looking good. Sadly, I doubt too many loaded men are around that area, and if they were, they wouldn't go for the druggie mom of three. 

• Love 4

Chelsea can just take a seat. 

If you are worried about people knowing your schedule, why don’t you lead a private life, ya dumb bitch? If she has such bad anxiety, the last way she needs to make a living is in the public eye. I wonder if Cole will use this as an excuse to quit his job.

Not feeling sorry for her, either, having to take 3 kids to the doctor alone. @@ She has way more family help than I ever had with my 3 kids. 

Poor watson was so cute, though, even when he felt so bad.

Leah needs to watch her Ps and Qs around Addie. That girl likes to talk. lol

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Chelsea can just take a seat. 

If you are worried about people knowing your schedule, why don’t you lead a private life, ya dumb bitch? If she has such bad anxiety, the last way she needs to make a living is in the public eye. I wonder if Cole will use this as an excuse to quit his job.

Not feeling sorry for her, either, having to take 3 kids to the doctor alone. @@ She has way more family help than I ever had with my 3 kids. 

Poor watson was so cute, though, even when he felt so bad.

Leah needs to watch her Ps and Qs around Addie. That girl likes to talk. lol

So tonight I randomly watched the episode again (well, it was on in the background), and I got annoyed again by the way Chelsea said, "the whole world knows I'm a SAHM because I'm on national television!" The words themselves were okay,  but the WAY she said the phrase was so snotty. It almost sounded like she was accusing Mary, like Chelsea was some anonymous person until Mary blabbed to the world that she was a SAHM! Her inflection was defensive, aggressive, and just not normal. Then Mary tries to find common ground with her, empathizing that she lives alone, and Chelsea snaps at her that she has the babies, so it's worse for her. Also, the way she said something like, "Cole goes to WORK every day!" sounded weirdly accusatory, like she deeply resented him ever leaving the house, and that working was some really unusual thing. 

I also missed the last part of the episode originally, but was extremely annoyed to see that she called Cole after the appointments, and sounded kind of snippy with him too. I get that kids being sick isn't fun, but her behavior lately has made me wonder how she really treats Cole behind closed doors. We all saw how obediently he got back in line last week with the moving thing. "We'll...do whatever you need, honey." One day he will start voicing his opinion and not back down, and / or try to limit things like calling out of work for something she should be able to handle, or the phone calls, and she will lose her mind!

i know some of you guys love our girl Chelsea, but to me she is getting like nails on a chalkboard! I feel like Kail, Leah, and Briana all have their low points, but are easier to just casually watch because they're calmer (unless kail's mad), and not so whiny and needy. But I guess I have just never been drawn to needy personalities anyway. Some people might find it cute, but her segments are starting to get really trying IMO. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4

Yes, no sympathy for Chelsea here. She chooses to continue to exploit her kids on national to, and share their pictures and videos openly with MILLIONS OF STRANGERS on social media. Of course people know your business.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, no sympathy for Chelsea here. She chooses to continue to exploit her kids on national to, and share their pictures and videos openly with MILLIONS OF STRANGERS on social media. Of course people know your business.

Right! She has to take the good with the bad. If she wants to keep seeing the "Chelsea u finally finded a gud man n you deserve it I remember how adam treated u n duz he have any brothers?" comments, she has to accept that on the flip side, people know her business. 

As much as I would not be surprised if someone targeted her house, I really think this break-in was likely a coincidence. If the neighbors were also broken into, and they didn't take anything noteworthy, that makes me think it was dumb kids in their feet, with no way to carry the big stuff. My town had a rash of car break ins a few summers ago, where our cars were repeatedly gone through (even if locked). The ringleader was a twelve-year-old! I had a real silver bell that had fallen between the seats, and they found it and set it on the seat. Instead, they just took some loose pennies. Joke's on them, because the bell was much more valuable! The police told us the kids were really only looking for change, and little things that could fit in their pockets. Chelsea's break in sounds similar. I think the fact that they were on vacation was just a big coincidence. Therefore, it could happen again even if she moved. And I know it sucks to be broken into. We had a break in once, right after my grandmother died, and they stole some really one of a kind items of hers, which just killed my mom. But it didn't make her paranoid to this extent, nor did it happen because she was a celebrity. 

• Love 2