Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, deirdra said:

This explains a lot of Trump's poor white followers who have a hard time finding jobs.  They think it is the top 1% of white males are the ones with white privilege.

I think they blame people of color and civil rights legislation.  They think poc are taking their previously "whites only" jobs. 

I believe they see white privilege as their right.  

Their God-given right on some cases

MM feeds into this racism with her both sides comment (sound familiar?) and ridiculous references to Ilhan Omar. 

MM is so stupid and hateful.

ABC should be ashamed of their avarice.  

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM feeds into this racism with her both sides comment (sound familiar?) and ridiculous references to Ilhan Omar. 

MM is so stupid and hateful.

ABC should be ashamed of their avarice.  

I don't care how many times Meghan says she hates Trump she still gives his policies a nod and a wink with her punditry.  I have no doubt if it was anyone but Trump who was the Republican president doing the same things she would support them 100%.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
20 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

Meghan made some sort of comment (about the gossiping) like - is this really that pressing of a subject?   Like talking about the lessons the Pope is trying to teach isn’t worthy of Migraine McCain.(m not sure who used that one last week, but- I love it!!)   Also, sorry, but you and your hairdresser talking politics for three hours a week?   It’s half-truths- in short, it’s gossip

That would be me.

I stole it from YouTube, though, so I'm by no means the first one to use it. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Today's show is preempted in the Central and Eastern time zones due to the grilling of Wm. Barr😪

I would have been very disappointed in myself if I had sat through Abby’s Birthday party, so it’s just as well 😂 

19 minutes ago, UYI said:

That would be me.

I stole it from YouTube, though, so I'm by no means the first one to use it. 🙂

Thanks UYI... I’m gonna give you the credit anyway!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

How creepy are Abby’s parents? That via satellite interview was so awkward to me. 

Maybe she was thinking "This is so weird that my daughter's work does a televised 'birthday party' for her every year."  

I would agree with her. 😉

(edited)

Mom Huntsman needs to step away from the Botox. Manoman, talk about your Stepford wives!

I’m so glad Abby’s birthday party wasn’t preempted. 🙄

Dear Meghan, who you trying to kid with that little "size 12" nugget you slipped in?  Honey, I've seen size 12 and it ain't you. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
(edited)
45 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

How creepy are Abby’s parents? That via satellite interview was so awkward to me. 

Her mother looked like she was giving John the cold shoulder, turned away from him the entire time, while trying to make herself small with chin down to hide any neck waddles as she peered out from beneath her over-botox-drooped brows.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

MM keeps mentioning these photo shoots, I can't find any. But I guess since they didn't have clothes that fit her then there would be no photos to show for it. Were they for her book? That was years ago.

7 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Is no one going to comment on Whoopi's clothing line, which she has been showing since last week, but only mentioned on tuesday's show?

The only clothing line I can find on line is her Ugly Sweaters. She has mentioned in the past about having a bra line but I can't find anything on that.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Is no one going to comment on Whoopi's clothing line, which she has been showing since last week, but only mentioned on tuesday's show?

My mother taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Most of them have been 'meh', but her balloon pants and clown shoes today are just on the cusp of snark worthy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, falltime said:

She has mentioned in the past about having a bra line but I can't find anything on that.

The mind just completely boggles over this one because the woman hasn't worn a bra in decades and openly makes jokes about it.  It seriously makes me laugh and the first time I read about it hear I thought someone was just making a joke.  Because the first person I think of when I think of bras is Whoopi Goldberg. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Her mother looked like she was giving John the cold shoulder, turned away from him the entire time, while trying to make herself small with chin down to hide any neck waddles as she peered out from beneath her over-botox-drooped brows.

She was leaning into him yet away from him and couldn’t get comfortable in her seat. Very weird. I especially liked Abby saying how you don’t appreciate your parents until you are a parent. No mention from MM that’s she’s not a parent. I also liked his comment that he hated politics 

Much too much time spent on her birthday. I’ll second the big shut the Hell up MM  and stop looking in the audience for support for your rambling. 

• Love 12

I am 50 like Helena Christiansen and I wear whatever the fuck I want.  

While I hate to agree with Meghan but the fashion industry is notorious for being critical of anyone that isn't young and thin.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

A picture tells a thousand words, so I"m not saying anything: 

(I wonder if it comes in size "12") 

DUBGEE clothing by Whoopi

NMTYTZB_mz.jpg

Edited by tinkerbell
edited to fix the link
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm ordering one in every colour it comes in, including the shoes.  It is the perfect outfit to wear over my new bra from The Whoopi Goldberg Brassiere Collection.  (threw in word brassiere for Joy, she hates that word.) And the best part is, I can even go braless if I choose, because who would notice when I am wearing that giant, shapeless sack? 

Edited by Cementhead
crappy spelling
  • LOL 13
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

I'm ordering one in every colour it comes in, including the shoes.  It is the perfect outfit to wear over my new bra from The Whoopi Goldberg Brassiere Collection.  (threw in word brassiere for Joy, she hates that word.) And the best part is, I can even go braless if I choose, because who would notice when I am wearing that giant, shapeless sack? 

well, save your pennies, because that gorgeous dress can be yours for only $298!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

well, save your pennies, because that gorgeous dress can be yours for only $298!!

Of course $298 - the dress has pockets (!) and they're all the rage these days.  Plus, look how versatile it is - even Abby can wear it while 9 months prego with twins!  LOL

• LOL 17
39 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Alternately, for only $198, I am happy to make you a very similar style by cutting holes in an old bed sheet!

7 hours ago, Tosia said:

Their God-given right on some cases

Why do I have visions of South Park.  "They are taking our jobs!"😉

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

Alternately, for only $198, I am happy to make you a very similar style by cutting holes in an old bed sheet!

I'll do it for $50!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Hey Tunia, I'm cleaning out my linen closet and will send you some old stained sheets FOR FREE. God, those clothes are butt ugly aren't they? Seriously creepy for really really really fat people who have too much money. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Of course $298 - the dress has pockets (!) and they're all the rage rags these days.  Plus, look how versatile it is - even Abby can wear it while 9 months prego with twins!  LOL

Fixed this for you. 

$298?  This is a joke, right?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

yes something came off as grossly affected with Abby’s mother.  She kinda looked like a shy teenager and yet also looked like a privileged country club mom.  I can’t figure it out.  It was just so...odd.

I just watched, and she was odd throughout. He's so vivacious, and she was almost leaning into a curl as if to hide herself. Maybe she has stage fright?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Dear god, Meghan! Shut UP! This isn’t YOUR birthday. Stop barging into every conversation and giggling. They need to cut her Mike.

My mother said Meghan just laughed the whole time. Does she only have two modes, vicious ranting and laughing like a hyena? 

Whoopi's bra will be tube socks that go down to the floor.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

What a waste of time that show was. Odd, awkward, weird, worrisome, elitist, white privilege, general privilege, obtuse, ignorant, arrogant, self-indulgent, backward and just very sad upon reflection. All terms that come to mind after watching that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

mm pretending to not know what is going on during the first segment - i'm a millennial like my attention span is like short. what do they mean ?!?!?!? kamala, cory, amy better ask good questions.

yeah right judging you GIF

Edited by falltime
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, falltime said:

mm pretending to not know what is going on during the first segment - i'm a millennial like my attention span is like short. what do they mean ?!?!?!? kamala, cory, amy better ask good questions.

yeah right judging you GIF

What is the age bracket for a *cough* millennial?   Isnt MM closer to 40 than the other way

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

A picture tells a thousand words, so I"m not saying anything: 

(I wonder if it comes in size "12") 

DUBGEE clothing by Whoopi

NMTYTZB_mz.jpg

Im sorry Whoops, i just cant.... is this from the Handmaids couture line?  Would be great in a hospital. Like to see the back....there is a back right? Lol. The shoes, while looking clunky and comfortable would probably have to go for something else in that vast collection

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy I love you but astrology doesn't lead to anti-vaccine beliefs.

Booooooooooo boogie woogie!  *metaphysical* mumbo jumbo

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sevenrings said:

She seemed so robotic and cold. Very weird interview! 

Yeah she was a trip.  Couple theories. Dont they have a huge family? Like 13 kids or something like that.  I bet that pregnancy brain took more and more from her , with each kid.  Theory 2 -  whats the time difference?  Was it like 2am?  Anyway..............

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Whoopi's bra will be tube socks that go down to the floor.

Years ago I was playing Xbox 360 with my nephew and he said, "Oh for God's sake put on a bra".  Yep they were swinging low.  Bras do work if worn.

37 minutes ago, Tammee said:

What is the age bracket for a *cough* millennial?   Isnt MM closer to 40 than the other way

She is 34 and therefor a millennial.  I am happy to announce she is also in the snowflake generation.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I am 50 like Helena Christiansen and I wear whatever the fuck I want.  

While I hate to agree with Meghan but the fashion industry is notorious for being critical of anyone that isn't young and thin.

It's the worst, isn't? 😂

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Today's show is preempted in the Central and Eastern time zones due to the grilling of Wm. Barr😪

Woohoo for once Mountain wins!  Lol, its the little things in life 😸 not sure you could call it winning though, given the episode heeee

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

What a waste of time that show was. Odd, awkward, weird, worrisome, elitist, white privilege, general privilege, obtuse, ignorant, arrogant, self-indulgent, backward and just very sad upon reflection. All terms that come to mind after watching that.

Do you mean The View or the Congressional hearing that preempted it? 😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Why was her mom sitting like that? Weird.

I need to go back and watch it again.  I was just catching the audio conversation, diatracted doing something.  Is it on youtube?

7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy I love you but astrology doesn't lead to anti-vaccine beliefs.

I think her point is that like many things (ie. psychic readings) astrology is pseudo science.....like the anti vaccine theory that it causes autism (not true per real science)

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Years ago I was playing Xbox 360 with my nephew and he said, "Oh for God's sake put on a bra".  Yep they were swinging low.  Bras do work if worn.

She is 34 and therefor a millennial.  I am happy to announce she is also in the snowflake generation.  

Please forgive my questions, i am ignorant in a lot of this.  What is the end age for millennials, 40?  Ok, snowflake generation.....  what chart is this on?  Im curious if Im on it.  Altho definitely not the snowflake generation hah.  Unless it circles back around.  Is it like the Chinese New Year?  I forget what the new one is

4 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I just watched, and she was odd throughout. He's so vivacious, and she was almost leaning into a curl as if to hide herself.

That was part of her training and he likes it. He doesn't  realize it's an act, honed by certain women for hundreds of years, bless his heart. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Omg i just had a thought....what if the Abby went into labor the same time as the pending royal baby??  Yikes!  I dont know how far along she is, but she's  been holding steady for awhile at 6 1/2 months.  Wonder what it really is.....da...da....dummmmmmm!

• Love 1