Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Ambush

• Start Topic

GLITCHES — With the Elders feeling that their lives are still in danger, the sisters and Harry (Rupert Evans) band together to try and stop the evil that is happening.  Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) become concerned when Macy (Madeleine Mantock) starts to tap more easily into her demon side.  Meanwhile, Niko (Ellen Tamaki) and Mel seem to be in a good place until Mel messes it up.  Ser’Darius Blain also stars. Jeff Byrd directed the episode written by Mia Katherine Iverson (#120).  Original airdate 5/5/2019.

I am glad their mother said they didn't have to practice to become good with their weapons, because I knew that they would never find the time.

Why build an entire secret room to hold a stick and some ring knives?

• Love 5

So not only are the Elders jerks, but they suuuuuuck. I mean, these are supposed to be the most powerful witches in the world? People who cant even take down one demon, and install a decent password system for its members, even when they're under attack? This is the best we got? 

You know things are serious when its a Greek life Cinco de Mayo party and Mel didnt give a single lecture on cultural appropriation or historical accuracy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm not sure I'm following the main plot right now. Both good and evil are after some sort of "source" of magic, one for evil and one for good. Is that right? What the hell was Alistair doing to Parker last week if not transforming him into the Source? Just getting him prepped? What exactly does Alistair need Fiona for? How does Charity fit into all of this?

Again, the pacing needs to slow down by half. The rise and fall of Macy's dark side took the space of one episode. 

On one hand it was kind of a nice moment with the sisters and their mother. On the other hand, their mother seemingly knew she'd be dead and her three daughters would be reunited to fight the great battle. You'd think she'd have been more proactive in preventing that if she saw it coming. 

Did we know before this that Maggie's full name is Margarita? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure I'm following the main plot right now. Both good and evil are after some sort of "source" of magic, one for evil and one for good. Is that right? What the hell was Alistair doing to Parker last week if not transforming him into the Source? Just getting him prepped? What exactly does Alistair need Fiona for? How does Charity fit into all of this?

I could be totally wrong but here it goes, 

Fiona is the "Keeper of the Source", she has to be the one that puts "The Source" into the vessel (Parker). Fiona's "secret" goal is to destroy all magic.

My understanding is "The Source" is referred to by two different names. The Demons called it by one name and the Witches called it by another. The interesting revelation is that Witches and Demons get their magic from the same place.

The Prophecy states that in order for the Source to be rise, all the Elders must be dead. This explains the problem that Alistair overlooked, but Fiona realized, that Charity is an Elder and she isn't dead yet.

Fiona is the "Keeper of the Source", she has to be the one that puts "The Source" into the vessel (Parker). Fiona's "secret" goal is to destroy all magic.

So, is it inside of her or something? What was with the dagger both she and Alistair were hunting for last week?

Oh sweet Jesus! Not only do they have a 2nd level below the house, they now have a 3rd? AND they have magical weapons that help them harness their powers and a magical holographic mother...this has gone far beyond Charmeds camp.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

This fucking show....

Glad the Charmed Ones found their Fortress of Solitude complete with Mommy Holograms.  🙄

Why do I still 'ship Harry and Macy?  It makes me want to watch this stupid show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So, is it inside of her or something? What was with the dagger both she and Alistair were hunting for last week?

"The Source" was the dagger.

Who knew the Elders would be so easy to erase, sans Charity?  A good way to get rid of useless characters.  I wonder if Harry will mobilize any other Whitelighters for the fight since their bosses are dead.

Now Macy can temper her dark side? I'm cool with that, especially since the "weapon" came from her father.

I like the surprises in House Vera. I'd expect nothing less from the home base of the Charmed Ones. 

I guess TCO will be the new "Elders".  Maybe make a council of witches and demons? 

OMG this show is such a cringefest.

Melonie Diaz can't act. Period. But the cringiest of all is Valerie Cruz (Marisol). Please let her rest in peace and never return as ghostogram or in any other form. Thanks.

I feel sorry for Madeleine and Rupert, the only really good actors on this show. (IMO)

Did anyone else cheer when Macy went after Mel? No? Just me? Ok then...

Of course there's a Chamber of Secrets behind a bookcase with the 3 exact same books that nobody ever noticed before.

I loved when the ghostogram appeared and was like "Mel, Maggie, here, have these amazing weapons, no training required!" then she turns to Macy and is like "Oh, hello there child I had to give up nearly 30 years ago. Sorry but got nothing for ya. Bye!" Poor Macy...

Why didn't Harry teleport the Elder to safety as soon as they got Hunter? And why were the Elders so weak? Weren't they supposed to be the strongest of all the ordinary witches (not TCO)? And what will happen to whitelighters if there are no Elders? So many plotholes...

At this point I'm watching only for Macy/Harry.

• Love 2

"The Source" was the dagger.

So what does Alistair need Fiona for? The dagger is the source and/or the fire and only Fiona can wield it, or something? Why?

Why didn't Harry teleport the Elder to safety as soon as they got Hunter? And why were the Elders so weak? Weren't they supposed to be the strongest of all the ordinary witches (not TCO)? And what will happen to whitelighters if there are no Elders? So many plotholes...

The mythology on this show really is crap. They play fast and loose with the various powers and the hierarchy doesn't seem to make any sense. The Elders stripped Harry of his powers which turned him human and old, but then Fiona somehow restored those powers and his youth, and now he is no longer beholden to the Elders? WTF? Where do his powers come from if not the Elders, and who decides who becomes a Whitelighter? 

The writing on this show is just so sloppy it makes the original show look brilliant by comparison, and that's saying a lot because continuity was NOT that show's friend. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The writing on this show is just so sloppy it makes the original show look brilliant by comparison, and that's saying a lot because continuity was NOT that show's friend. 

They are going to be new writers the next season. They got changed...

• Useful 1
(edited)

I haven't disliked any of the sisters until this episode... Shame on Mel... She already violated niko( who I'm not a huge fan of)  by re-writing her life.. But now she's ( with niko's assistance)  essentially broken up Greta and Niko again.. Also as its evident that she's been in live with niko the whole time.. She basically was using kick-ass Jada as a rebound and as soon as Jada didn't do what she wanted she dropped her... Finally she didn't tell Macy I love you until after she broke the needle... Not cool... 

On another note... Ima be pissed of the show pushes harry and macy... Not because I think their I'll matched.. In fact they work well ( tho it would kinda upset the balance a bit but they'd figure a way out)  but because they would steamrolled the one black guy on the show to get there... And yes galvin wasn't great.. But I've just seen it too many times to not be frustrated with the trope.. Especially on this network 

Also.. Couldn't they have gotten into that cellar with the weapons before macy destroyed the needle... Of all she needs to do is touch the medallion.. She could kept using the needle

Edited by UNOSEZ

Total newb here; please forgive my newbishness, but I have no other way of figuring out how the “mythology” of this reboot operates, along with the “look” of the series and use of CGI/SFX.

How do we know for sure Elder Silver is dead?

Dagger to the chest seems pretty obvious, but why did she dissolve into a puff of smoke while the other murdered elders left behind readily identifiable corpses? Was it the dagger that made the difference? Something particularly special about Elder Silver that her death is SFX-heavy? Could she have survived and been whisked away/transported somewhere? Sloppy writing? What? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TheRealTC said:

Total newb here; please forgive my newbishness, but I have no other way of figuring out how the “mythology” of this reboot operates, along with the “look” of the series and use of CGI/SFX.

How do we know for sure Elder Silver is dead?

Dagger to the chest seems pretty obvious, but why did she dissolve into a puff of smoke while the other murdered elders left behind readily identifiable corpses? Was it the dagger that made the difference? Something particularly special about Elder Silver that her death is SFX-heavy? Could she have survived and been whisked away/transported somewhere? Sloppy writing? What? 

That's a good question, considering that Harry had to put "go away powder" on Tessa's body after she died. This show gives me a headache trying to make it make sense!

12 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

That's a good question, considering that Harry had to put "go away powder" on Tessa's body after she died. This show gives me a headache trying to make it make sense!

Thanks for the response.

I’ve not seen anyone else chattering about this, so I guess my confusion is isolated and unwarranted. The other Elders’ bodies clearly needed to still be intact for folks to know they were being hunted down; but for Elder Silver to go “poof” seems odd, and even pointless. 

I’ll chalk it up to sloppy creative decision-making and move on. 

(edited)

The last few episodes seemed better, but they hit fast-forward on the plot again and the whole rise-and-fall-of-Demon-Macy was enough to give whiplash.  She wasn't even flickering on/off as Macy right from the start of the episode.  She has zero self control over her demon side, so I guess it's great she got the handy pendant she can touch at any time.  Thanks for the late heads-up, Momsie!  

What does that stick Maggie got do again?  She was just using it as a weapon... how was it tied to her power at all?  Plus Mel's "gift" was pretty much useless right out of the gate.

What with the massacre of the Sarcana and now the massacre of the Elders, I'm not sure I can call this enjoyable entertainment.  Though both groups were so ill-defined.  I mean, what exactly did the Elders do other than enforce their inflexible rules?  It seems like we're not supposed to be afraid of what void their absence will leave?  

The whole mythology with the flame and the dagger and the whatever wasn't clarified by the beautifully illustrated magical blank book at all. 

Alistair "forgot" that Charity was an Elder?  So we could get a scene with two actresses that had zero sisterly chemistry with each other?

I also laughed at the whole "You don't need any training" bit.  

Edited by Camera One

The Mel/Niko stuff is so painfully dull. Letting her in on the secret did nothing to endear Niko to me. I feel at this stage even the writers know it’s not working. The actresses have zero chemistry. 

I like Harry/Mel together too. It kind of got me out of the blue and I like that rather then the manufactured couples we have with Niko/Mel and Galvin/Macy.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:48 PM, Camera One said:

What with the massacre of the Sarcana and now the massacre of the Elders, I'm not sure I can call this enjoyable entertainment.  Though both groups were so ill-defined.

For reals.  Were the Sarcana "good", "evil" or somewhere in between?  They never took any action that I recall and now they're all dead so it hardly matters.