Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Rules of Engagement

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Vipbrj said:

Do you know why they use clear trash bags to pick up trash on the side of the highway in West Virginia?

Window shopping!!

(Go Hokies!)

Go Cavs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Vipbrj said:

(Go Hokies!)

12 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Go Cavs!

Oh man, we're doing this?  Go 'Noles!  (Not off topic cause:  Tom Schwartz)

(If I ever have a kid, they are going to UVA for undergrad and law school, unless they can convince us there is something better. VA Tech is so cool, and so close to some of the best parts of WV).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Vipbrj said:

Do you know why they use clear trash bags to pick up trash on the side of the highway in West Virginia?

Window shopping!!

(Go Hokies!)

Oh, we may need to step outside, LOL. Don't make me burn your couch! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

When Lisa was talking about Ken changing his spots, I think she meant that once they met and fell in love he left his high wheeling, bachelor bar/club owner ways behind, not that he was cheating on her. I seriously doubt she would have tolerated that back then; she was a looker in those days.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

Oh, we may need to step outside, LOL. Don't make me burn your couch! 

ALMOST Heaven!!! 

Edited by Higgins
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, politichick said:

When Lisa was talking about Ken changing his spots, I think she meant that once they met and fell in love he left his high wheeling, bachelor bar/club owner ways behind, not that he was cheating on her. I seriously doubt she would have tolerated that back then; she was a looker in those days.

But if she’s a Stassi, as she said herself, she inexplicably might have. Stassi has been cheated on a lot of times, especially while dating Jax, who is apparently like Ken used to be. And wasn’t Lisa only 18 when they met? I’m still shocked she outright said that Ken and Jax ever had a thing in common. I don’t see how anyone could compare a guy to Jax and not have that mean he’s a cheater and liar, among other things. Maybe Lisa meant that Ken cheated on every woman before her and then changed for her, which wouldn’t surprise me (not sure how true that would be, Ken wasn’t on a TV show to get caught like Jax is, without Faith recording the event we’d have no proof he cheated on Brittany) since that makes her look like the broken bird angel she likes to be but she should have clarified that. I wouldn’t want anyone to find similarities between my husband and Jax at any point. Even if he’s changed, I automatically think a little less of Ken if his wife thinks he used to be  like Jax. Jax is the worst.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well,  you got me on that one.....the WEDDING PARTY HAS TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY TO CLEAN UP THE VENUE!  Omg.  That's scary wild. What country are you in? lol

Didn’t they have to do this at Sheana’s Shay wedding?  And she was pissed because everyone was too hungover?  No?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

A footnote on what I'd said earlier about alcohol - I've never been to a cash bar wedding, and that, I think, would for sure be a disappointment. 

An open bar for a wedding is more important than an open bar for a silly engagement party. 

But what's really important is that there be booze available for guests at baby showers (and ugh, the absolute worst waste of time: gender reveal parties). I'm going to need a lot of prosecco or sangria if I'm going to make it through a baby shower where I have to ooh and aah politely as you open your boxes of bows and booties and pacifiers and burp cloths and all that other baby stuff that I have no interest in (I prefer to gift books instead).

Bettelheim!  Dialogues with Mothers.

(edited)
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well,  you got me on that one.....the WEDDING PARTY HAS TO RETURN THE NEXT DAY TO CLEAN UP THE VENUE!  Omg.  That's scary wild. What country are you in? lol

We had to do that after my mom's reception (right after, not the next day*). Yes, it was kind of weird but my mom and stepfather couldn't afford all the bells and whistles, but wanted to have a reception, which neither one had ever had before. I mentioned before that I would pay for my own wedding and reception, if I am ever to have one (I really don't see the need at this point), and I am confident (and happy) in the belief that the people in my life would not even blink an eye at pitching in in some way or at a cash bar--even the heavy drinkers, of which there are many (and who, collectively, are actually part of the reason I'd have to consider a cash bar in the first place, haha!).

That said, I am also a person that wants the drunken party and dance floor more than I want the wedding itself. Just give me a venue that I can afford and lets me do what I want.

* Which, in all honesty, was pretty funny: drunk people popping balloons [...yup] with a sharp stick and climbing on chairs to pull down streamers and shit, and carting dishes to a kitchen. If there were video of this nonsense, any venue--even a KoC or Elks or whatever the hell it was--would seriously reconsider just sucking it up and doing the cleanup themselves.

And speaking of the Elks, my uncle had his second wedding and reception at one (his first wedding in the height of the big-hair '80s had 8 bridesmaids, each wearing a different pastel-colored poofy dress that matched to the ties/cummerbunds of their corresponding groomsmen). The event room didn't have its own bar; we had to go into the adjoining Elks bar to get drinks--and there were regular non-wedding guest people in there (watching Will & Grace on TV, of all things). So, if there is any confusion as to why I might be so tolerant of "tacky," there you have it (and fine with me).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Didn’t they have to do this at Sheana’s Shay wedding?  And she was pissed because everyone was too hungover?  No?

Yep.  And again on the weekend at Rob's vacation rental.  Sheana had a chore binder for that one.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Scheana scheana scheana, if you are going to play the obvious game, own it and when you blow it, move on. She admitted to Adam that she did it to make him jealous. I think that's when he walked.  I don't blame him.  I wouldn't want to put anything in that dirty hole. Blurgh.

I like Beau, but there is something not right. I can't figure it out. 

How did tom and katie just buy a $2m house? 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, FannyPackOfLies said:

Beau is at least partially performing for the camera all the time to me.

With all due respect, all of them are totally performing for the camera 100% of the time. The vast majority of what we see is completely contrived and scripted. It's great, but for me it requires a significant suspension of disbelief.

Edited by pfk505
  • Love 5

What was that little brown bottle Scheana was holding when she was crying on Mamaw's shoulder?

I have to echo how pretty Stassi looked. Adam was pretty fine in his suit, too.

Cara is kind of hot. Does she waitress/bartend?

On 4/29/2019 at 11:38 PM, Panda Bear said:

The detail of the penguin adoption, with the printout about it appearing at the engagement party, was gold (good as gold even)! 

It so was, and almost as good as this...

PuppyShower-thumb-autox814-209947.png

On 4/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, ivygirl said:

It must have chapped his hide that Logan was at the party.

Logan was at the TomTom opening and at LaLa's thingy, too. He obviously has a connection to the gang/show besides James.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, Misslindsey said:

He [Beau] seems so on all the time. He is Hester from Project Runway level of grating for me.

Yeah, there's something a little "precious" about him. I don't dislike him, though.

LVP bonging that beer was amazing.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't like Beau.  Stassi is like a neutered, defanged, declawed cat around him.  She can't even defend herself.

Beau has everybody in his corner and Stassi feeling like anything she thinks negatively of, that it must be her.  It is practically gaslighting.

Love the editors!!!

Raquel Bimbo:  no more cheating

James:  Well there is always Hope

Editors:  clip of Hope sayimg she slept with James for 3 yrs (to Raquel)

I like the Appalachiaan people that I know.  Very sweet, and know every trick in the book when it comes to garden problems.  Also they call a shopping cart a buggy.  It is so charming.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, Vipbrj said:

Window shopping!!

(Go Hokies!)

Do you know why there is no TV show called CSI: West Virginia?

Only three strands of DNA in the State.

I kid, I kid - one of my closest buds and his wife came from WV.

• LOL 6
On 5/1/2019 at 8:04 PM, ButterQueen said:

Both of my kids were married at gorgeous venues with awesome food.  The bar served only beer and wine...no liquor. Most nice venues do not allow a BYOB and I would have hated people doing that.  We provided an awesome choice of food and drinks, and no one complained or snuck liquor in.  One of my kids got married at a historical home, so they had strict rules.  Maybe it’s a geographical thing.  🤷‍♀️

I actually wonder about that. I’m from California and a beer and wine or beer and wine plus signature cocktail is very common. But then I also feel like having a reception at a private home or other location that isn’t necessary a reception hall is also very common. Maybe the beer and wine liscense is easier is if you’re not at a restaurant or a hall? Different states also have different ways of issuing liquor licenses so maybe that plays in? I think some states don’t have a separate beer and wine one so it kind of doesn’t matter. In California not only is it cheaper to do beer and wine only, I think it’s less of a paper work headache. I too am fascinated by the regionalism of weddings. For instance where I grew up in Central California engagement parties aren’t that common. They’re not unheard of, but they’re definitely not expected. Of course marrying a disease ridden sociopath to stay on TV is sort of uncommon. So maybe that’s more of an LA thing? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3