Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: What Could Have Been

TigerLynx
  • Start Topic

Kim, you are an idiot.  You were going to break up with that fine gorgeous man.  You redeemed yourself a little at the end.

Why weren't Kim's scenes with Kevin?  Those would have been interesting to watch.

Ruzek looks horrible, and is a moron.

So the Intelligent Unit managed to put the candidate they actually like in prison while probably handing the election to the guy they hate.  The irony of this unit's name never ceases to amuse me.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mommalib said:

Damn I like Ray Price. He was a little bit of a weasel but I think he was someone who ultimately wanted to do the right thing. He went out honorable protecting his wife.

Yeah I guess... Its not like he could won after it was out that his wife was a murderer.. Still tho conspiracy and cover-ups that end with a black guy getting screwed.. And that's what happened again.. Shame.. But kelton makes a better foil going fwd... And the one Chicago shows love having the higher ups screw with our "heroes" ray price wouldn't have really been that... He'd be more of a Jim Gordon to the Unit's Batman

• Love 2

This episode put such a bad taste in my mouth for various reasons.

Ray Price was the better candidate. God forbid the better candidate actually wins. Took a bullet for his city. He goes down in shame through no direct actions of his own. I would have preferred he go down for the cover up instead of a murder he didn’t commit. It was supposed to come off heroic but it just annoyed me. Price and Voight were a good team, their scenes together were always interesting and his insight was invaluable to the Intellligence Unit. Kelton would have continued to be a good foil either way, even more so if he had lost.

Then there’s the black woman killing two black men in cold blood, for what? What Blair found out didn’t justify him being MURDERED. There was no attempt to bribe him or anything? Just kill him? It makes no sense and wasn’t believable. The wife didn’t even come across as someone who would be overly involved in something like that. Realistically, the wife as portrayed wouldn’t even know about Ray covering up that situation. And that confession?? What?

The Ray Price storyline deserved a better ending. The character deserved better.

• Love 9
On 4/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, mommalib said:

Damn I like Ray Price. He was a little bit of a weasel but I think he was someone who ultimately wanted to do the right thing. He went out honorable protecting his wife.

I’ve loved Wendell Pierce since The Wire and hated how his character ended up. What kind of a wife would let her husband take the fall for her? 😡

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I won't be shocked if she commits suicide before Price gets out of prison.  Allowing her husband to go to prison for a crime she committed should bring on a tremendous amount of guilt.   Of course if she is a soulless individual, she might have no problem with it.

I was surprised that Kim didn't go off the rails and try to kill Price.

What really bugs me is now all these cops think price is a bad guy... Kevin looked so dejected... Kim most def looked like she was ready to burn him alive... And now poor Marcel Gerard is stuck shadowboxing with that showkiller Britt Robertson.. Smh

• Love 1

Why is Kim talking to her ex about her deceased boyfriend instead of her actual best friend? Did she annoy Kevin off screen? Come on writers do better. So two black men are killed, by the black woman, whose husband took the fall for her. Ray Price deserved a better send off than that. Good bye Blair, your hotness was fun while it lasted. At least I still have Kevin to look at. 

• Love 4

Blair had to get back to NY to be in a messy relationship on Younger.  I've been waiting for something to happen to him since he first appeared, but I thought it would be either moving on to a new political job or being in prison for something.  I did not think he would be murdered.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, spunky said:

Why is Kim talking to her ex about her deceased boyfriend instead of her actual best friend? Did she annoy Kevin off screen? Come on writers do better. So two black men are killed, by the black woman, whose husband took the fall for her. Ray Price deserved a better send off than that. Good bye Blair, your hotness was fun while it lasted. At least I still have Kevin to look at. 

Sadly, it wasn't a story about black vs blue so Kevin was superfluous to the writers needs. That's the only storylines he seems to get.

Edited by Guildford
odd typo
  • Love 3

I thought it was a little weird that Kim (who I love love love) is the dreamy eyed girl who apparently falls in love with EVERY GUY SHE SPEAKS TO, but this Blair guy seems to treat her nice and is willing to stay in Chicago for her, and she had zero interest in that. And if she didn’t feel guilty about his death, it’s unlikely she would have suddenly changed her mind like she did.

I didn’t really like them together (she hasn’t found a good one yet) but her disinterest in him staying seems inconsistent with her character’s normal behavior.

I also thought the storyline was weak. Blair was about politics and that sleazy Price 100%, 24/7, and Intelligence was getting distracted by the drug angle setup. C’mon. It was always going to be about politics.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, TigerLynx said:

Kim, you are an idiot.  You were going to break up with that fine gorgeous man.  You redeemed yourself a little at the end.

Why weren't Kim's scenes with Kevin?  Those would have been interesting to watch.

Ruzek looks horrible, and is a moron.

So the Intelligent Unit managed to put the candidate they actually like in prison while probably handing the election to the guy they hate.  The irony of this unit's name never ceases to amuse me.

Ruzek does look just ridiculous, like a hipster lumberjack dope, and he is clearly a moron. Cut your damn hair you goof.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, Guildford said:

Sadly, it wasn't a story about black vs blue so Kevin was superfluous to the writers needs. That's the only storylines he seems to get.

That's so annoying. These one track mind writers need to pull it together.

(edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, SG11 said:

Ruzek does look just ridiculous, like a hipster lumberjack dope, and he is clearly a moron. Cut your damn hair you goof.

He's probably not allowed to cut his hair, his scraggily looking girlfriend won't allow it seeing as she seems to have an opinion on every single thing the guy does. 

His descent into a hobo looking twat directly correlates to when he got his asshole implant in episode 3 this season.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, Guildford said:

He's probably not allowed to cut his hair, his scraggily looking girlfriend won't allow it seeing as she seems to have an opinion on every single thing the guy does. 

His descent into a hobo looking twat directly correlates to when he got his asshole implant in episode 3 this season.

OK, so you made me go back and look up that episode to see what the asshole transplant was. In reading all the comments, I guess you are referring to him first hooking up with Haley? I obviously missed something, but why do so many people (women?) hate her as some sort of love interest? I mean, I couldn’t stand her when she first started with her obnoxious by the book moralizing and looking down her nose and rolling her eyes... Go work somewhere else Mother Theresa. But the hate, hate she’s gotta go because she’s sleeping with Captain StupidHair? They just seem like they are workout partners to me. Who cares?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, SG11 said:

I mean, I couldn’t stand her when she first started with her obnoxious by the book moralizing and looking down her nose and rolling her eyes... 

nope that's pretty much it and nothing as has changed since she was first introduced, I also find something really untrustworthy and manipulative about her. Don't care who she sleeps with, she will still be very grating and unlikeable, for me anyway.

Edited by Guildford
On 5/4/2019 at 5:48 AM, Guildford said:

nope that's pretty much it and nothing as has changed since she was first introduced, I also find something really untrustworthy and manipulative about her. Don't care who she sleeps with, she will still be very grating and unlikeable, for me anyway.

I worked with a lot of different partners over 20 years, some were good, some not. But that is one person I would not want as a partner. She seems to be just arrogant enough for her mouth to write checks that her ass can’t cash and thereby put her partner in a spot. Not to mention she seems like she wouldn’t have any problem criticizing a partner’s choices and even throwing him under the bus.

• Love 2

Wendall Pierce was the best character on the show. I hope they don't make the cop running for Mayor with the horrible fake teeth a permanent character. If they do, it will end up Chicago Med and SVU as I don't watch either shows anymore.