Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
purist

S10.E12: Nine Yolks Whipped Lightly

Here is the page at Again With This 90210 that has the visual aids and audio link. Summary from IMDb:

As Christmas approaches, Gina's meeting with Dr. Martin as her biological father is awkward and unsatisfying, similar to Janet and her parents when they accidentally run into each other at a Christmas tree lot. Steve eventually confronts Janet's parents and tells them to stop acting cold towards her and him. Donna's mother, Felice, offers to help Gina financially, but she refuses. Meanwhile, Donna can't let go of Noah's accident years ago resulting in the death of his girlfriend which leads to her and him considering breaking up. Also, Dylan loses control in front of kids during a Christmas gathering at the community center when he punches a belligerent neighbor complaining about the center's residents hanging around his house. Matt takes advantage of a client's latest fee to buy Kelly an engagement ring and proposes marriage which she accepts. But Dylan confides in David about him still having strong feelings for Kelly.

• Like 1

Matt blowing his entire retainer check on Kelly's ring should get him disbarred.  He's not earned those fees and so he cannot spend the entire $15K.  I hate that (spoiler alert) he only gets suspended.  In almost all jurisdictions, it's grounds to be disbarred for mishandling client funds.

I forgot that Noah was the one to dump Donna and not the other way around.  Noah's blithe little, "I've spent a lot of time getting over this and I cannot go back" is a bunch of crap too.  Just last season he was using his dead gf/fiancee as an excuse to keep Val at arms' length (before he raped her, but I digress).  Noah's only redeeming quality was his ability to deadpan a "whatever, dude" attitude toward Brandon and Dylan when needed.  I cannot stand that we have to see his downward spiral and his attempts to save some chick and her daughter that he meets in AA later this season.  As soon as he and Donna broke up, we should have been able to say, "and we never saw him again."

• Like 6

Er, @Tara Ariano, what was that comment about tinsel and a cat's butt? I'm not a cat person, so I have no clue what you were talking about!

I am missing S10.E10 and S10.E12 from my podcast app. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by allienc

3 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I've lived the tinsel/cat butt trauma.  It's not pretty.

Do they ... eat it and then it comes out the other end? I'm clueless here!

On 4/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, purist said:

Do they ... eat it and then it comes out the other end? I'm clueless here!

Yes. Cats... dogs... they're not the brightest. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

Matt blowing his entire retainer check on Kelly's ring should get him disbarred.  He's not earned those fees and so he cannot spend the entire $15K.  I hate that (spoiler alert) he only gets suspended.  In almost all jurisdictions, it's grounds to be disbarred for mishandling client funds.

I love it when the actual attorneys (which I'm assuming you are) chime in about Matt! Here is what I don't get.  Matt is basically broke.  Buying at over the top engagement ring for Princess Kelly is basically setting them up for a lifestyle that he can't afford.  And at that time, $15K is a LOT for a ring... Mr. Curly proposed in 2001 I think and he paid about $2000 for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

I love it when the actual attorneys (which I'm assuming you are) chime in about Matt!

Yes I am.  I work for the court that oversees attorney discipline issues.  Matt would be disbarred so fast his head would spin.  And again, yes on the $15K engagement ring.  That is huge money in 1999!

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

Yes I am.  I work for the court that oversees attorney discipline issues.  Matt would be disbarred so fast his head would spin.  And again, yes on the $15K engagement ring.  That is huge money in 1999!

Another attorney here and I agree!!!

• Like 1