Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E11: Fasten Your Seatbelts

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, plurie said:

Reem is entertaining, but she's TERRIBLE at Survivor. If she's still hoping to get back in the game, why is she doing everything possible to alienate the jury?

I totally forget about jury management when it comes to Reem. I'm guessing she knows she wasn't gonna get back in and decided to let her feelings be known while not quiting the "game" itself.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, violet and green said:

The edit sure is funny this season. I am certain, only because every human is interesting in their own right, that these remaining Kama people must be interesting - but I find them so deeply uninteresting, and just.. flavorless.

So, boy, was I rooting hard for Devens to win that second immunity! Then he seemed he was going not to, and then he did! Then he shouted that absurd "La Cheeserie!" and everyone else looked sulky. I loved it!

Also loving Reem. But then I've been loving Reem since ep one - and it is great she is starting to grow on people now, but it really hurts my heart reading words like 'hag' and 'crone' and so forth, over and over. I guess your perspective comes from where you're at in life, but she is a woman in her mid-forties, for God's sake, who has not had the (mis)fortune of leading a pampered life.

I think she's great, and it's clear the editors think she's a godsend in this season of milky dullards. All these people who have barely formed personas on the screen - and here's this voice we'd know anywhere, shrieking something so individual to her it's almost a catchcry. It brightens up every episode for me.

She's also got a really warm heart - again that was obvious from ep 1 - and seen in the way she looked out for Kelley in the sun this ep. The whole reason she was targeted was because she was looking out for the 'outcasts' in the tribe, and looking out for the comfort of her tribemates by attending to their laundry - which whiny babies like Warthog couldn't manage to say was unnecessary and annoying. 

She was there on EoE, alone for days, and stuck it out. She's been there longer than any of these mournful stare out to sea and shed a lone tear newbies, and that takes guts and grit when you are so freaking old you are a hag/crone! So, yeah, I like her, and I hope she gets a good result out of this Survivor experience, one way or another. 

I am just hoping against hope someone likable comes back from EoE - and hoping I never have to pause and type that acronym again in any other season - and that someone other than these miscellaneous people left over can pull this around and win: Devens, David, Aubry at a pinch, and Reem! 

5 hours ago, green said:

I agree 100% with everything you just said so much I could have given you a dozen thumbs up.  And I hate when "older" women get called all sorts of names and people think it is okay to do that in society.

5 hours ago, EllenB said:

I'm one who calls Reem a hag, and I'm much older than she is.  In a normal season, the first boot would be gone and long forgotten.  Reem is a bitter, self-deluded fool who thinks everyone else owed her more time in the game, and continues to verbally punish people for daring to vote her out.  Or, possibly worse, she's so desperate for her 15 seconds of fame that she's playing a character to make herself memorable.  Pretty disgusting either way.

On the whole, I am fine with mocking peoples games but I tend to draw the line at name calling and questioning peoples motives/family lives/decisions to play the game type thing. I don't think that we get enough of someone to make more broad statements. There are rare exceptions, Russell Hantz, Dan Foley, Will from that same season, the bullies who hid the cmap tools after being blindsided. When the game play turns nasty and mean and people are outright assholes or pigs, I am cool with saying so.

I was fine with Reem in the first episode. She has an abrasive personality, that much was clear. The way she talked about not being the Mom to Keith and just generally spoke to people. I don't think she intends to be abrasive, I think she is lacking a filter and just very straight forward and blunt. I think that is what caused issues with her tribe mates but they sold it as "I moved our stuff without asking and you told us to drink water." Quite possibly the lamest reason ever for voting someone off. Especially when you have one person on your tribe who cannot swim in the ocean and is going to be a huge challenge liability.

So I get where Reem is coming from. Manu weakened itself when they kept Keith and voted her out. It was a bad choice and sold for awful reasons. Reem's comment that no one thought to say "Hey, please don't move my stuff" is legit. Someone is touching your stuff, use your words and ask them to stop. That is what I tell my 6 year old. Tell them to stop. It isn't hard.

And she is a venter. She needs to get stuff off her chest. But after she does, she chills. She is still Mothering people, even though she said she wasn't going to be the Mom. People are greeted with her honest opinion, unfiltered, and then she seems to move on.

And none of this is made any better by spending 20 or so days on EoE. Not only is it basic living, there are no challenges, there is no game. There is nothing to do. So you sit around, fish a bit, weave some stuff, be hungry and bored. This gives everyone some time to think why they were voted out and Reem comes back to she told people to drink water and dried their stuff out. Neither of which were done with malice or even any type of strategy.

So yeah, she is bored and angry and hungry. And she has no filter. She is there because Production gave her the choice and she wants a chance to get back into the game. Production is showing her because she has some spark of personality, even if it is not the best side of her personality.

But she is still there and in the game and telling Kelly that she is burning and maybe she wants to get out of the sun. And at the beginning she thought she was helping by reminding people to drink water, because she had seen past seasons where people didn't and got dehydrated and sick. And she thought she was helping by drying out peoples stuff because they would be more comfortable at night with dry stuff, after they shook out any sand that might have gotten in their clothes. And she is still baffled that is why she was voted out.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I totally forget about jury management when it comes to Reem. I'm guessing she knows she wasn't gonna get back in and decided to let her feelings be known while not quiting the "game" itself.

But, if you know you are not getting back in the game, why stick it out at EOE for 28 days and counting?   I don't think Reem believes she has no shot at winning a challenge to get back in the game.  Hasn't she claimed she is a strong competitor.  Plus, you never know what the challenge will be, and it will probably be something that gives a decent chance to players other than the challenge beasts like Joe, Chris and Eric.    

I think Reem just lacks a filter, which is a part of the reason she got voted out in the first place.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7

I think Reem deserves credit for being the original Edge member. She really had the toughest stay since she is the only one to have to hang out there by herself for days without knowing what came next. All the newer people have a better idea plus someone to chat with, even if it is Salty Reem.

Although I have come to enjoy Reem's salty greetings, I also have no issue with her getting voted out first. I also have no issue with people blaming it on "she moved our stuff." You don't need a good reason to vote someone out. For the first vote, people are just looking for a reason to create consensus around the "obvious vote." People are just meeting each other; if you have some reason, no matter how stupid, to divide the group into Us and Those we'll vote out, it's smart to do that. Adjust from there as you get to know strengths and weaknesses better. At the very beginning it is best to blend in and let someone else be the sore thumb; Reem did not do that. As a super fan, she knew that was necessary.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But, if you know you are not getting back in the game, why stick it out at EOE for 28 days and counting?   I don't think Reem believes she has no shot at winning a challenge to get back in the game.  Hasn't she claimed she is a strong competitor.  Plus, you never know what the challenge will be, and it will probably be something that gives a decent chance to players other than the challenge beasts like Joe, Chris and Eric.    

I think Reem just lacks a filter, which is a part of the reason she got voted out in the first place.   

Point well taken. Maybe, she really believes she could get back in the game. The Survivor challenges always have an equalizer and she has a chance just like everyone else.

1 minute ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I think Reem deserves credit for being the original Edge member. She really had the toughest stay since she is the only one to have to hang out there by herself for days without knowing what came next. All the newer people have a better idea plus someone to chat with, even if it is Salty Reem.

Although I have come to enjoy Reem's salty greetings, I also have no issue with her getting voted out first. I also have no issue with people blaming it on "she moved our stuff." You don't need a good reason to vote someone out. For the first vote, people are just looking for a reason to create consensus around the "obvious vote." People are just meeting each other; if you have some reason, no matter how stupid, to divide the group into Us and Those we'll vote out, it's smart to do that. Adjust from there as you get to know strengths and weaknesses better. At the very beginning it is best to blend in and let someone else be the sore thumb; Reem did not do that. As a super fan, she knew that was necessary.

I think it is a stupid reason but that is me. They can vote out someone for whatever reason they choose, that is the game. But I can see how from Reem's Point of View that it would really suck that you were voted out because, based on what your tribe said at tribal, you moved their stuff to dry and asked them if they were drinking water. From her POV she was trying to help the tribe, even working with Keith on his swimming. So from her POV, she was voted out for the lamest reason possible and remains pissed. Sitting on EoE for 20 some days has not helped her attitude improve.

The only way to know that you are doing something that annoys people is if people tell you that it is annoying them. No one told Reem that she was annoying them and what she was doing appeared to be pretty darn benign.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I think it is a stupid reason but that is me. They can vote out someone for whatever reason they choose, that is the game. But I can see how from Reem's Point of View that it would really suck that you were voted out because, based on what your tribe said at tribal, you moved their stuff to dry and asked them if they were drinking water. From her POV she was trying to help the tribe, even working with Keith on his swimming. So from her POV, she was voted out for the lamest reason possible and remains pissed. Sitting on EoE for 20 some days has not helped her attitude improve.

The only way to know that you are doing something that annoys people is if people tell you that it is annoying them. No one told Reem that she was annoying them and what she was doing appeared to be pretty darn benign.

My point is if she has watched earlier seasons, she knows she was not voted out truly because she moved stuff. The tribe is looking for an excuse; she gave them one to state to Jeff and to rally around. But she knows they were just looking for a reason to get through the first vote. There is no reason to be pissed about it because she was not actually voted out due to a failure of someone to say "don't move my stuff." Maybe she wouldn't realize that day 1 but by now she should have figured it out.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, RedbirdNelly said:

My point is if she has watched earlier seasons, she knows she was not voted out truly because she moved stuff. The tribe is looking for an excuse; she gave them one to state to Jeff and to rally around. But she knows they were just looking for a reason to get through the first vote. There is no reason to be pissed about it because she was not actually voted out due to a failure of someone to say "don't move my stuff." Maybe she wouldn't realize that day 1 but by now she should have figured it out.

And if I were Reem I would still be annoyed that was the excuse that they used when they had someone on the Tribe who couldn't swim and would hurt them in challenges. She would have been fine on Kama where everyone wanted to get the returnees out instead of Manu were people wanted to play with the returnees.

She was aligned with Keith, so I get why she didn't toss his name out there,  but I would still be miffed. And she hasn't had time to process the game because she is still in the game in a crappy situation on a crappy island. I would prefer someone say "we are voting you out because we find you unfiltered and abrasive." to "You moved our stuff."

Her comments to Kelly were eye roll worthy, Kelly did not ruin anyones experience. Only one person is going to win and 15 people are going to be voted out. That was ridiculous. But I get why she is salty and why she hasn't gotten over it. (shrugs)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MissEwa said:

I'm just stopping by to say that I have nothing to say.  It's very strange not to care about any of the people on what for years has been my very favorite hour of TV.  Something has gone wrong.

The great thing is that next season could be their best ever. In the end, casting isn't an exact science. You can't force chemistry. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

And if I were Reem I would still be annoyed that was the excuse that they used when they had someone on the Tribe who couldn't swim and would hurt them in challenges. She would have been fine on Kama where everyone wanted to get the returnees out instead of Manu were people wanted to play with the returnees.

She was aligned with Keith, so I get why she didn't toss his name out there,  but I would still be miffed. And she hasn't had time to process the game because she is still in the game in a crappy situation on a crappy island. I would prefer someone say "we are voting you out because we find you unfiltered and abrasive." to "You moved our stuff."

Her comments to Kelly were eye roll worthy, Kelly did not ruin anyones experience. Only one person is going to win and 15 people are going to be voted out. That was ridiculous. But I get why she is salty and why she hasn't gotten over it. (shrugs)

Reem has had 4 weeks to get over being voted out first.  Someone gets voted off first every season.  The first vote is usually the most random, because alliances haven't really formed (and those that have formed haven't been tested) and nobody really knows where they stand.

When someone messes with other people's stuff (no matter how well intentioned they might have been) is abrasive and forms a rather obvious tight bond with 2 other players on day 1, that person has put a huge target on his/her back.

Everyone is looking for reasons/excuses to put the target on anyone but themselves and Reem handed them at least 3, and the other players (even her buddy Keith) wisely pounced. She didn't do any one thing that was totally horrible, but she did plenty to make herself the easy target, at the one TC where you most need to avoid such mistakes.  

Not voting for Reem would almost be like having an idol that is good for only that one TC and not using it.  She was everyone else's one time immunity idol.    

• Love 5

I guess I am not as irritated about Edge of Extinction as most.  I see it as fairly similar to Redemption/Exile Island.  One person will get back in the game. Was there this much criticism of the concept of those Islands in those seasons?  I skipped some seasons between after the one where JT won and Blood vs. Water so I think Blood vs. Water was the first time I saw this and I don't remember much criticism when Tina Wesson won her way back into the game.  I do recall a lot of criticism about Lill when she returned, but I think that was more because Lill was such a disagreeable person.

The one main difference is that the EoE people are on the jury.  Wouldn't that give a huge advantage in Final Tribal if an EoE returnee makes it there?  They would have spent way more time with the jury than those that remained in the game proper.  The only people that are currently on EoE that I wouldn't want to win are Joe, Warthog, Reem and Kelly.  The rest, I am ok with and would prefer them to win over any of the ones in the game proper with the exception maybe of Aurora.

18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm glad to see Wardog voted out but I suspected from the beginning that EoE was designed specifically to give someone like him a chance to get back in if he's voted out because producers think players like him are "good TV." There's something vaguely disturbing about his eyes that I can't quite put my finger on. It's as though there is no soul behind them, More accurately, no intelligence. He's not very bright but has an extremely high opinion of himself, which makes him an ideal candidate for a show like this. And he wasn't so much controlling the game as being a bully about voting his way when he knew others needed him as a number.

Great description of The Warthog.  I've been mentioning his "serial killer eyes" since the first episode.  They are so intense and menacing, it's like he's staring right into your soul.  This guy is truly delusional, I am sure he thought he played a great game and that people voted him out because he was in control.  He has very little read on people and doesn't know how he comes across.  I find it hard to believe that this guy is in law school.  Maybe he's at a fourth tier school that just needed his money.

17 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

I'm glad others are finding enjoyment in Reem, but that hag is so miserable and irritating, she's making me miserable and irritable just hearing her voice.

2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

On the whole, I am fine with mocking peoples games but I tend to draw the line at name calling and questioning peoples motives/family lives/decisions to play the game type thing. I don't think that we get enough of someone to make more broad statements. There are rare exceptions, Russell Hantz, Dan Foley, Will from that same season, the bullies who hid the cmap tools after being blindsided. When the game play turns nasty and mean and people are outright assholes or pigs, I am cool with saying so.

I was fine with Reem in the first episode. She has an abrasive personality, that much was clear. The way she talked about not being the Mom to Keith and just generally spoke to people. I don't think she intends to be abrasive, I think she is lacking a filter and just very straight forward and blunt. I think that is what caused issues with her tribe mates but they sold it as "I moved our stuff without asking and you told us to drink water." Quite possibly the lamest reason ever for voting someone off. Especially when you have one person on your tribe who cannot swim in the ocean and is going to be a huge challenge liability.

So I get where Reem is coming from. Manu weakened itself when they kept Keith and voted her out. It was a bad choice and sold for awful reasons. Reem's comment that no one thought to say "Hey, please don't move my stuff" is legit. Someone is touching your stuff, use your words and ask them to stop. That is what I tell my 6 year old. Tell them to stop. It isn't hard.

And she is a venter. She needs to get stuff off her chest. But after she does, she chills. She is still Mothering people, even though she said she wasn't going to be the Mom. People are greeted with her honest opinion, unfiltered, and then she seems to move on.

I haven't been calling Reem a hag but if I were to it wouldn't be because of her physical appearance.  She's in her 40s, looks it, and that's fine.  It's her personality and voice that is haggish to me.  She's like a sea witch that lives in a cave near the ocean, and when she hears an intruder approaching, she climbs onto her broom, swoops out and hits them with a nasty vitriolic curse.

As far as Reem greeting them with her "honest opinion"... so far it seems that opinion is all of the same variety... "F YOU for lasting in this game longer than I did".  There were people who were on the other tribe like Eric who she didn't even know and she greets everyone the same.  Such a bitter bitter woman.

I don't think the fact that "oh she's had it tougher than everyone by being on EoE since day 3" gives her a pass.  The whole supposed point of EoE is that you have to dig deep and tough it out.  If she really can't do it, then she should raise the sail.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I did not like the Outcast Tribe or Redemption Island. I have always thought that when you are voted out, you are out. Game over. I prefer RI over EoE only because there were regular competitions that removed people from RI and the game and because the people were not on the Jury. But over all, I think once your torch is snuffed you are out.

The reality is that we should not be discussing Reem or any of the other folks who were voted out at this point in time. They should be gone. They should have no power in the game, never mind be sitting on the jury or handing out advantages or potentially getting back into the game.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me....I think I am rooting for Devens to win. He has played hard. No one else deserves it, unless David gets back in the game, IMO.

Of the people who are left in the game proper, I probably want Devens to win because he's played the best game of those remaining, but I don't particularly like him. Aurora would also be okay because it would be irritating to the others. But I'm expecting Joey Amazing to win his way back in and win ICs to get to the end and in that case I might root for him to win the whole thing because again: irritates the others. At the same time I kind of have to root against him because Sierra should never benefit from this game, even secondhand.

2 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I did not like the Outcast Tribe or Redemption Island. I have always thought that when you are voted out, you are out. Game over. I prefer RI over EoE only because there were regular competitions that removed people from RI and the game and because the people were not on the Jury. But over all, I think once your torch is snuffed you are out.

I didn't like Redemption Island for the same reason I don't like EoE; when someone's voted out, I don't want to worry about them coming back. But that's why probably I didn't mind the Outcast twist. We didn't know about it beforehand, so it was really just about seeing Burton and Lil come back into the game. Since Lil handed Savage his ass and was also a pretty good foil for Burton, I was fine with it. Better than seeing Rupert get to the end.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

If that is truly the case then Reem is more of an idiot and/or less of a superfan than she lets on, because it totally ignores Reem’s original and (formerly) very real potential to take advantage of the “anybody else” vote, should she actually make it to FTC as a contestant.  

As the first boot, Reem was largely a blank slate to 2/3 of the contestants (i.e., everybody not a member of her original Manu tribe). That isn’t necessarily a negative, though, because being an unknown quantity also means people’s feelings towards you are essentially neutral - which could be to your benefit if you end up sitting at FTC next to a couple of others who had plenty of time in the game to negatively polarize others.  A bitter jury could be your best friend.

So - given that most people’s first-hand impressions of you are largely nonexistent - why the FUCK would you go out of your way to cement that first impression as a negative one???

SMDH  🤦🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I haven't been calling Reem a hag but if I were to it wouldn't be because of her physical appearance.  She's in her 40s, looks it, and that's fine.  It's her personality and voice that is haggish to me.  She's like a sea witch that lives in a cave near the ocean, and when she hears an intruder approaching, she climbs onto her broom, swoops out and hits them with a nasty vitriolic curse.

This imagery is, like, fucking great. 😄

As far as Reem greeting them with her "honest opinion"... so far it seems that opinion is all of the same variety... "F YOU for lasting in this game longer than I did".  There were people who were on the other tribe like Eric who she didn't even know and she greets everyone the same.  Such a bitter bitter woman.

In this respect Reem reminds me for all the world of one of Flannery O’Connor’s characters who had a penchant for excusing some truly horrible statements with the comment “I just call them as I see them”.  

I don't think the fact that "oh she's had it tougher than everyone by being on EoE since day 3" gives her a pass.  The whole supposed point of EoE is that you have to dig deep and tough it out.  If she really can't do it, then she should raise the sail.

IMHO the three whole days of solitude Reem had to put up with before the next EoE inhabitant (Keith) arrived hardly justify special award.  

On the other hand, though, I suppose the argument could be made that three days of Reem having to live with herself might be considered exceptionally trying circumstances....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

One of the interesting things about Reem is that in spite of her cackle of doom greetings, no one on EoE seems to be hating her all that much.  We haven't seen anything comparable to the twin interviews  we got from Aurora and Ron about how much they can't stand each other.  I have a suspicion that after the screechy greetings she says something like, "Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.  Now here's where you get water, here's what we have to eat, don't cry it gets better,"  etc.  Kelley seemed to appreciate it when Reem came out to warn her about sunburn.  (Kelley looks like she could die from too much sun.)

• Love 10

My apologies if this has already been covered but there's too many posts to find out! My question is mostly about the jury: is everyone currently on the jury going to stay on the jury? Presumably they'll let one more person compete to get back in the game, but I doubt it'd be more than that. If that's how this plays out, the jury will literally be every single person who played the game other than Keith and ...the nutty girl, I forget her name. (Unless someone else leaves, which seems dumb this late in the game.) That is a huge jury and I do actually think that could be interesting in terms of jury management, because so many of these people never saw someone's game play and can really only go off impressions and FTC performance. Some of the jury members haven't even met some of the players still in the game.

That said, despite the interesting new challenges thrown into the old ideas of jury management, dear lord the FTC is going to be endless. But no doubt they'll just run it well into the reunion hour again and the reunion will be like 5 minutes. Announcing the winner and then talking about how everyone hated Reem or something. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

One of the interesting things about Reem is that in spite of her cackle of doom greetings, no one on EoE seems to be hating her all that much.  We haven't seen anything comparable to the twin interviews  we got from Aurora and Ron about how much they can't stand each other.  I have a suspicion that after the screechy greetings she says something like, "Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.  Now here's where you get water, here's what we have to eat, don't cry it gets better,"  etc.  Kelley seemed to appreciate it when Reem came out to warn her about sunburn.  (Kelley looks like she could die from too much sun.)

I hear what you are saying, but honestly, how can we tell?  The show hardly devotes any time to EoE and so far all they have time to show us is 1) recently arrived sad sack person gazes wistfully into the ocean and sheds a tear, and 2) Reem bitching about something, again.  I suppose there could be a clip of someone saying something like "oh Reem was nasty to me, but I know she didn't really mean it, she's such a kind mama bear", but somehow I doubt it.

From what we have seen of EoE, Reem hasn't been shown being particularly friendly to anyone there apart from Keith.  When they are sitting around in groups she is always being negative or complaining about something or yelling at someone like Chris.

Reem's bio on the CBS site says something to the effect of what you see is what you get and how she won't apologise for being who she is.  It's a refreshing attitude for sure, typically we would get the "oh they edited me to look like a bitch" defence at the reunion show, but it seems like it would be out of character for her if she were to say something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

My apologies if this has already been covered but there's too many posts to find out! My question is mostly about the jury: is everyone currently on the jury going to stay on the jury? Presumably they'll let one more person compete to get back in the game, but I doubt it'd be more than that. If that's how this plays out, the jury will literally be every single person who played the game other than Keith and ...the nutty girl, I forget her name. (Unless someone else leaves, which seems dumb this late in the game.) That is a huge jury and I do actually think that could be interesting in terms of jury management, because so many of these people never saw someone's game play and can really only go off impressions and FTC performance. Some of the jury members haven't even met some of the players still in the game.

That said, despite the interesting new challenges thrown into the old ideas of jury management, dear lord the FTC is going to be endless. But no doubt they'll just run it well into the reunion hour again and the reunion will be like 5 minutes. Announcing the winner and then talking about how everyone hated Reem or something. 

Yes. Everyone currently and left playing are going to make up the jury. It may be a 3 or 4 tier jury box. It's crazy! I can't imagine everyone getting to speak or make the edit though. It will be interesting how it plays out.

6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

And if I were Reem I would still be annoyed that was the excuse that they used when they had someone on the Tribe who couldn't swim and would hurt them in challenges. 

I think Wardog did say something like that to her, so when it comes time for him to get a piece of her mind we can see if it makes a difference 😄 

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I haven't been calling Reem a hag but if I were to it wouldn't be because of her physical appearance.  She's in her 40s, looks it, and that's fine.

Really? I would have guessed older.

• Love 1

Ok. I have seen several people say that Rick is playing the best game out there or that hew deserves to win and frankly baffled by this. He is objectively speaking playing a bad game. He has already been voted out once.  He is gone to 6 tribal councils since he has returned and has only voted correctly twice. He would have been voted out the other night if not for winning immunity which would have served him right given that he was so dismissive of the other players for not "playing the game" so much so that he would not even talk strategy with Lauren and Julie which is not only arrogant but hilarious as they talked about voting him out just 20 feet away from him. lol  I mean he does have a good social game I will give him that as the jury seems to love that guy but I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that he spent time with them after getting voted out of the game

• Love 9

I want Devens, among a handful of others, to win over anyone else left now. He doesn't look good in a bikini, and his complexion is not 'glowing', and still I want him to win! I like his attitude, I like his levity, I like his amusing confessionals and interactions, and I like his persistence. Two individual immunity wins and getting back in off EoE are not to be dismissed.

• Love 10
On 4/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

But, if you know you are not getting back in the game, why stick it out at EOE for 28 days and counting? 

The person alluded to above is Reem.  The answers are easy.

1. She doesn't want to be seen as a quitter.  That is important to a lot of people thankfully and I admire her for it.

2. She is a self-declared super fan who wanted on the show for years and years so why would she ever dream of voluntarily leaving?

3. She remains on the TV screen and gets her 15 minutes of fame extended.

4. She gets more money for staying and being on the jury.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:55 AM, nutty1 said:

Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me....I think I am rooting for Devens to win. He has played hard. No one else deserves it, unless David gets back in the game, IMO.

Why would anyone throw anything at you?  Barring David's return I want Rick to win too. 

He was handicapped from the beginning at the merge  and despite all odds he is like a cockroach "Kama Strong" hasn't been able to kill.  They thought they did then he came back.  They plotted to "kill" him this last time and he survived.  He gives the most funny and witty confessionals outside of maybe David this season.  And he ignited the massive kaboom that ended up seeing Julia packing.

I don't see how he can survive in the next episode but I am rooting for him to do just that. 

Edited by green
  • Love 6
On 4/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

But, if you know you are not getting back in the game, why stick it out at EOE for 28 days and counting? 

Maybe she's working on a jury speech that will make Sue Hawk's "Snakes and Rats" speech look like a children's bedtime story.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 4/25/2019 at 10:28 AM, laurakaye said:

Am I watching Survivor or Young & the Restless? 

You'd know if this was Young & The Restless because Victor Newman would not only be blindsiding somebody every Tribal but also arranging to have them shoved over the Edge of Extinction.   "The Tribe has spoken.  You got that?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 4/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, jay741982 said:

Why is everything she does bashed and criticized! She even says in the show shes MARRIED.. so tired of her being treated like shes the worst ever.  

In fact, Kelly talked about being married in this very episode, specifically "my husband allowed me to play a third time."

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 4/25/2019 at 7:46 PM, Porkchop said:

I'm just stopping by to say that I have nothing to say.  It's very strange not to care about any of the people on what for years has been my very favorite hour of TV.  Something has gone wrong. 

So glad it's not just me.  For the past several episodes, I've been thinking - why do I not understand what is going on?  What's with all the metaphors flying over my head?  Who are these people?  What is Probst talking about?  And then with this particular episode, I did something I have NEVER done in 38 seasons...I fell asleep during FTC.  That makes me sad.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:33 AM, green said:

Someone here a few episodes back said Keith posted or tweeted that he and Wendy got to go to Australia and they had a blast.  I'm glad someone enjoyed this season.

This is the worst.  You don't meet Kama save Joe and Aubrey to like half way through.  It's like opening a book at the middle and starting to read it not having formed any attachment to any of the characters.

Ironically, the two cast members that I thought were the most fleshed out were Wendy and Keith.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, azshadowwalker said:

I don't hate this season. The weird thing? If I did hate it, I would stop watching like I have several previous seasons. Never have been into devoting hours of my life to something I hate. 

And I simply cannot fathom not watching this show, even though I dislike this season almost as much as Thailand (but where Thailand was just gross, this season is a bit like watching paint dry interspersed with Reem raging at anyone with a pulse).  Bad Survivor is still better than no Survivor.  I guess I feel like I'm playing my tiny part in keeping this show on the air, I don't know.

• Love 4

Yeah, this season is kind of meh for me, too. I blame the twist and the lack of edit for a lot of the cast memebers. This season had a tough act to follow with Ghost Island and David vs Goliath. I've been watching since Day 1 Episode 1 and I'll contintue to watch but I can already tell this season isn't my favorite. I'm also a little confused because I have no idea who is going to win. I know I'm not supposed to know that but with so many people left and no true alliances I have can't figure out who is going to make the Final 3 or win. Then you thrown in Reem (could have been any 1st boot) who might be voting for people she doesn't know or played with to win a million dolloars is crazy.

• Love 1

I have absolutely no idea what's going on this season.

I may be stupid ;).

Or it could be that as I watch the episodes, I have trouble following them. I don't do anything else but watch (no phone calls, texting, etc.), but this season I find my mind wandering constantly. And looking at the clock. Which has never happened before. And during scenes of strategy, I keep thinking 'I don't care!'

That's it. I think I rate this season the lowest because I can't focus on it. And nobody on it interests me. 

• Love 4

And maybe one of the reasons I don't care about all the Talk Talk Talk about strategy is because of these newfangled TC's where everybody runs around whispering to everybody while Probst just sits there, mouth agape, and the plan changes anyway.

Probst, you can't shut up during the challenges. TC's are the time you should be taking control.

I, for one, am not a fan of these free-for-all TC's.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, violet and green said:

I want Devens, among a handful of others, to win over anyone else left now. He doesn't look good in a bikini, and his complexion is not 'glowing', and still I want him to win! I like his attitude, I like his levity, I like his amusing confessionals and interactions, and I like his persistence. Two individual immunity wins and getting back in off EoE are not to be dismissed.

Yet I don't dislike Rick, I can't get myself to accept that a person who was voted out is a valid or reserving winner. The minute you are voted out, in my eyes you have lost.

• Love 1

Rick is a great example of someone falling upwards. He's always out of the loop but he is, in my estimation, probably the least objectionable person left in the game. He's not great at playing the game of Survivor but I would be less annoyed with him winning than anyone else left because these people are all so blah. And nobody has really emerged as the master strategist, either, so it's not as if Rick suffers by comparison to one particular player.

• Love 6

I don't really have any issues with anyone left in the game winning. This whole season has been so uneven to me that I just want it to end. LOL!!! Maybe, we find out who the winner is and then I rewatch the first episode I can go, "Ahhhhhh......I should have known when "they" said that they were going to win". A little something to look forward to. LOL!!! No matter who wins (unless it's someone who hasn't gone to the Edge) will have an asterisk next to their name. I think once you are voted out it should stay that way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I don't really have any issues with anyone left in the game winning. 

Same. I just don't really have strong enough feelings about any of them to root for them to win or lose. I sometimes really hate Rick, but most of the time I'm just like 'meh, who cares.' None of them are really setting the world on fire with their game and at the same time none of them have made more glaring mistakes than the others. They're all just kinda there.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I just don't really have strong enough feelings about any of them to root for them to win or lose. I sometimes really hate Rick, but most of the time I'm just like 'meh, who cares.' None of them are really setting the world on fire with their game and at the same time none of them have made more glaring mistakes than the others. They're all just kinda there.

Just kinda there says it all in a nutshell. It's a meh season. I'm not particular thrilled one way or the other with the players. I never really go to know any of them and haven't had any vested interest in any of them. I could understand if they were all horrible people but they aren't. They are just THERE.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

What makes it worse, though, is what mistakes they DO make don’t matter.  No matter how badly someone were to screw up, they’re still never going to exit the game unless they voluntarily choose to do so.  Production has created an environment where there are no consequences for bad gameplay, or bad behavior - just a move from one beach to another.  There’s now about as much suspense in in this season as there is in filling out a change of address form for the post office.

In effect, TPTB have negated the most basic core concept of Survivor - because in this version, EVERYBODY survives.  😞

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In effect, TPTB have negated the most basic core concept of Survivor - because in this version, EVERYBODY survives.  😞

Haha, you're so right!  They forgot the actual name of the show! 

In the sweeping intro shot, Jeff should have said:  "39 Days! 18 Contestants!...16 Survivors!!"

Edited by Special K
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2019 at 4:13 AM, Eolivet said:

Physically, maybe. But I think that comparison reflects pretty poorly on Adam, who was smarter/wilier than Gavin has been on his best day. I can't recall Adam ever having petty confessionals like Gavin's "how dare Wardog talk to me in that way!" and "I'm voting out of revenge."

Gavin is like ... Donathan without the charm, plus Nick without the brains, and all with Adam's face.

Oh, absolutely, agree 100%.

I should have clarified in the physical sense. Nothing else about Gavin, from game-play to personality, is memorable in the slightest. He seems pleasant enough (as in not someone overtly "problematic"), but that's about it. As soon as this season ends, he, and almost everyone else this season, will completely disappear from my memory, and I don't think I'll be seeking out his social media.

Yeah, my "rooting interest" in Gavin is for purely shallow reasons. I honestly don't care who wins, unless it's David who makes it back from Edge of Extinction and wins the whole game. Otherwise ... meh. But I do have to take some sliver of enjoyment out of this season, however sad and minuscule.

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
Added a few more words
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

As soon as this season ends, he, and almost everyone else this season, will completely disappear from my memory,

Ironically (or aptly?) I think the person I'm going to remember the most from this season is Ream.  🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Oh, absolutely, agree 100%.

I should have clarified in the physical sense. Nothing else about Gavin, from game-play to personality, is memorable in the slightest. He seems pleasant enough (as in not someone overtly "problematic"), but that's about it. As soon as this season ends, he, and almost everyone else this season, will completely disappear from my memory, and I don't think I'll be seeking out his social media.

Yeah, my "rooting interest" in Gavin is for purely shallow reasons. I honestly don't care who wins, unless it's David who makes it back from Edge of Extinction and wins the whole game. Otherwise ... meh. But I do have to take some sliver of enjoyment out of this season, however sad and minuscule.

and, Gavin winking and smiling at Kelley (I assume) was all werid, too. The edit made it like he knows what is going on but I haven't seen any of that. I don't even recall he & Kelley speaking much or if at all. He had no storyline. Maybe, it changes after the Wardog vote. I doubt it though.

• Love 1

I just don't really have strong enough feelings about any of them to root for them to win or lose. I sometimes really hate Rick, but most of the time I'm just like 'meh, who cares.' None of them are really setting the world on fire with their game and at the same time none of them have made more glaring mistakes than the others. They're all just kinda there.

That's kind of my point, I struggle to find someone to root for so by default I choose Rick. I've enjoyed some of his confessionals and he seems to have a little bit more of a personality than the rest of them, without being a "character" who refers to himself in the third person or thinks he's some master strategist running the show. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Special K said:

Haha, you're so right!  They forgot the actual name of the show! 

In the sweeping intro shot, Jeff should have said:  "39 Days! 18 Contestants!...16 Survivors!!"

“...and EVERYBODY GETS PAID! - but in varying amounts.” 🙄

ETA: Hmmm... speaking of which... wonder if TPTB budgeted enough stipend for 89% of the cast remaining through 100% of the season...?  😁

Edited by Nashville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

They really don't though. I mean, only 2 people (or 1 if say Rick is booted again and then returns again) get a chance to actually play the game again. Honestly, that might make it even worse. All those people still there for ultimately nothing. It's so stupid.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I've enjoyed some of his confessionals and he seems to have a little bit more of a personality than the rest of them, without being a "character" who refers to himself in the third person or thinks he's some master strategist running the show. 

I feel like Rick is being a character, especially in the earlier days, and he does seem to think he's a master strategist. "We're the only ones playing the game," from someone who has already been voted out! Still, if he wins, I don't really give a shit. I don't care about any of it. Although, wait until the finale, I'll probably get all riled up over something.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They really don't though. I mean, only 2 people (or 1 if say Rick is booted again and then returns again) get a chance to actually play the game again.

But with only two exceptions - both of which voluntarily walked - every single one of them as “survived” to date, in terms of having a shot at a FTC seat.  They’re like the houseguests from hell; regardless of however many hints are dropped, they just keep on NOT LEAVING.  Half the cast is overdue for a good old-fashioned GETDAFUCKOUTTAHERE, but they just. Don’t. GO.  

And there’s what - 3 episodes left in the season?  Even when they DO have their “final” EoE re-entry challenge, what does that really mean?  I’ll tell you: it means at FTC, you’re going to have your finalists looking across at 3/4 OF THE SEASON’S CAST SITTING IN THE JURY BOX - right down to Reem, who isn’t likely to have had ANY significant interaction with ANY of the finalists since maybe Day Three, but whose vote counts the same as anybody who made it past the Merge.  

Brother, what a fuckup.

19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, that might make it even worse. All those people still there for ultimately nothing. It's so stupid.

^^^ This season, in a nutshell.

• Love 4

I think we are just used to seeing one dominant player, who is usually a part of a duo or trio that just steamrolls the competition while the other players do nothing to stop them. Thin k back to Ghost Island where people were screaming at the tv sets because the other players were so stupid not to vote out Domenick or Wendell.  This cast is not doing that. We heard it fro mthe The Warthog himself last week. If they were smart players they would vote him out if they were stupid they'd keep him around.  They didn't because this cast is playing smart, They are not letting the big threats get to the end. I mean we will see what happens with Rick but so far this cast has not been shy about getting the so called big players out when they get a chance.  I find it kind of refreshing to be honest.

• Love 4