Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E11: Fasten Your Seatbelts

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I felt the same.  I don't recall being so bored with Tribal before.  I definitely prefer all the chaotic whispering and outright planning that happens at Tribal rather than the "I'm talking in metaphors, but you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not really saying anything, but threats blindsides blindsides threats targets idols immunity threats blah blah blah blah."  It was torture.  And Jeff pretending to be shocked by their answers like they're really saying something.  "Wow, (Blank), that's a pretty strong statement."  "Boy, (Blank) you had a reaction to that."  "Wow, (Blank) so he's probably talking about you."  Just shut up.  

The metaphors are so dumb these days. Back in the day they were fun and meant something but now everyone is trying to use a metaphor to see if it catches on. You just know that David made up the "Shark and Minnows" metaphor even before he started the game. Just stop!

• Love 4
Just now, ByaNose said:

The metaphors are so dumb these days. Back in the day they were fun and meant something but now everyone is trying to use a metaphor to see if it catches on. You just know that David made up the "Shark and Minnows" metaphor even before he started the game. Just stop!

The worst one this season is pilot vs. passenger.  It's like a cancer.  One person said it and now they are all zombies in thrall to it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm failing to see why everyone is eager to get Aurora out.  According to them, she's got no allies, and is at the bottom.  Isn't that the kind of person you want around?  My impression is they don't think she can win, either, and just say 'she's a challenge beast'.  

I really wonder if Ron might have proved himself untrustworthy or not.  The fact that he relishes being in the middle so he can have control I feel like won't end well for him.

I think they fear Aurora as an agent of chaos. My hunch is that she would probably give a poor performance at FTC, she seems to have a knack for saying the wrong things or not reading the room very well. 

So while she'd be a good choice to sit next to, the other two people have to get there first and a floating, unallied person who's clearly an incredible swimmer and good at other types of challenges is threatening. It's hard to predict her vote when she's not tight with any particular group or person.

I love Reem reaming all these people on EoE every week.  It's about the only thing I can look forward to on this horrible season.  If either David (if he can come back) or Rick can't win then I want Reem to win and ream the audience live on Finale Night.

I'm finding Reem's outbursts rather entertaining as well. EoE is pretty dull and this little bits of drama liven it up a bit.

I'm still pulling for Rick for the most part (but hoping David can get back in and win it), but I didn't love him this episode. His dismissive attitude toward the women was annoying.

I think Victoria's playing a good, quiet game, but I hope she becomes more of a presence soon. She's getting next to no airtime anymore and it might be tough for her to make a case for herself at the end if this keeps up.

Finally, did we know Kelley was married? I've watched her play 3 times now and I swear this is the first I've ever heard her make reference to a husband. She even said he's let her come out and play 3 times, so it sounds like she's been married since the first time we saw her, but I never knew that.

Thinking back on it, I don't think we ever really get much personal insight from her. You hear other people talking about spouses or kids, but she seems to be all game all the time. I wonder if that's why she's always playing from the bottom, maybe she has trouble connecting with people. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think they fear Aurora as an agent of chaos. My hunch is that she would probably give a poor performance at FTC, she seems to have a knack for saying the wrong things or not reading the room very well. 

So while she'd be a good choice to sit next to, the other two people have to get there first and a floating, unallied person who's clearly an incredible swimmer and good at other types of challenges is threatening. It's hard to predict her vote when she's not tight with any particular group or person.

I'm finding Reem's outbursts rather entertaining as well. EoE is pretty dull and this little bits of drama liven it up a bit.

I'm still pulling for Rick for the most part (but hoping David can get back in and win it), but I didn't love him this episode. His dismissive attitude toward the women was annoying.

I think Victoria's playing a good, quiet game, but I hope she becomes more of a presence soon. She's getting next to no airtime anymore and it might be tough for her to make a case for herself at the end if this keeps up.

Finally, did we know Kelley was married? I've watched her play 3 times now and I swear this is the first I've ever heard her make reference to a husband. She even said he's let her come out and play 3 times, so it sounds like she's been married since the first time we saw her, but I never knew that.

Thinking back on it, I don't think we ever really get much personal insight from her. You hear other people talking about spouses or kids, but she seems to be all game all the time. I wonder if that's why she's always playing from the bottom, maybe she has trouble connecting with people. 

Kelley was recently married. I'm not sue why she made it sound like it had gone back to her first game. Maybe, they were dating though.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Reem seems drunk. How long does it take to ferment coconuts?

About 25 days, apparently.

15 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Love how [Kelley’s] continually bashed for everything. 

Everything?  Naw.  Kelley claiming the Warthog eviction as a revenge-vote personal victory for herself, though?  OH yeah - better bet Kelley is going to get dragged through the WarthogRickLoveMudPit for THAT.  😄 

14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I agree.  Vic was an early favorite of mine, with aurora.

Same here.

3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I hate that everyone is in the jury--is there no Ponderosa??

Seriously - I’m beginning to wonder if the entire EoE bit is simply a cost-cutting ploy by TPTB, to avoid paying the resort costs for the Jury’s Ponderosa stays.

2 hours ago, Special K said:

IMO Ream is the absolute avatar of this season, the spokesperson if you will.

I agree with you, but possibly for different reasons. ;>

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

P. S. regarding the RC: I was SO glad to see Aurora’s straight-through swim, because it actually demonstrated a modicum of analytic thought.  The swim portion involved, what, well under a minute total underwater?  Swimming straight through involved holding your breath an extra 6-8 seconds, tops, versus the “air breaks” - which between rising, breathing, and re-submerging, probably about doubled that portion of the swim time.  Kudos, Borealis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The metaphors are so dumb these days. Back in the day they were fun and meant something but now everyone is trying to use a metaphor to see if it catches on.

I'll take metaphors any day and twice on Wednesdays over the Kama-Strong-bots who say nothing of value except "we gotta get the threats out." Have we forgotten Christian's brilliant "turn the crank on this old car alliance to see if it will run?" from last season? Didn't someone also compare the merge to a first date there? Metaphors are indicative of contestants with a working brain and some wit. I'd rather an attempt at a metaphor than Survivor contestant lingo-bingo any day ("it's about trust!", "it's an individual game!", "who do I want to sit next to at the end," etc.)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

I'll take metaphors any day and twice on Wednesdays over the Kama-Strong-bots who say nothing of value except "we gotta get the threats out." Have we forgotten Christian's brilliant "turn the crank on this old car alliance to see if it will run?" from last season? Didn't someone also compare the merge to a first date there? Metaphors are indicative of contestants with a working brain and some wit. I'd rather an attempt at a metaphor than Survivor contestant lingo-bingo any day ("it's about trust!", "it's an individual game!", "who do I want to sit next to at the end," etc.)

Or worse yet, a trust cluster. Shudder.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That phrase is about one word too short; first time I heard it, I had an entirely different kind of “cluster” in mind.

Yes, it just sounds obscene.  Or scatalogical or something.

• Love 1

Good lord, what a boring episode. "Who do you want to vote for" "I don't know, who do you want to vote for?" "I don't know, who do you want to vote for?" "I don't know, who do you want to vote for?" And then they somehow voted correctly, but by that time, I was beyond caring.

Ron: I'm a threat.
The entire viewing public:

BlueMixedKrill-max-1mb.gif

14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm failing to see why everyone is eager to get Aurora out.  According to them, she's got no allies, and is at the bottom.  Isn't that the kind of person you want around?  My impression is they don't think she can win, either, and just say 'she's a challenge beast'.

I can see why Devens wants her out because if she wins the IC, then he's gone. But that's the reason everyone else should want to keep her. Let her go on an immunity run to the end; if she's really as unlikable as everyone is saying then she'll be the person in the F3 who gets zero votes. On the other hand, everyone else is such a nothing player that sitting next to Aurora is dangerous because she can at least say she worked her way to the finals rather than getting there by attrition, which is the only reason that Gavin, Victoria, Julie, Ron, or Lauren would get there.

4 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

1. I'm enjoying Reem. No, I don't agree with her (Kelly did not ruin your experience) but she is like Norm on Cheers to me but the reverse. I looked forward to hearing "norm" just as I enjoy now her salty welcome wagon routine. Why? I don't know but I've flipped from "get over it" to "it's some kind of tradition I look forward to" perhaps because the people getting voted out are less likeable? not sure but she's now part of what I expect to see and I'd be disappointed if Wardog just got a "oh hi!"

I had to laugh at her greeting to Wardog. It was basically, "well it's late now and I want to go to bed, so I'll yell at you tomorrow!"

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They showed Kelley/Joe/Aubry bonding a bit in this ep, but that's to be expected as they're returnees.

All I could think was how weird the hugging looked. It was like they've never hugged anyone before. I don't know, maybe all those contortions are normal when no one has bathed in a month and smells like a butt.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Nashville said:

P. S. regarding the RC: I was SO glad to see Aurora’s straight-through swim, because it actually demonstrated a modicum of analytic thought.  The swim portion involved, what, well under a minute total underwater?  Swimming straight through involved holding your breath an extra 6-8 seconds, tops, versus the “air breaks” - which between rising, breathing, and re-submerging, probably about doubled that portion of the swim time.  Kudos, Borealis.

Doing it this way was the only way I could pass the swimming portion of bootcamp.  I tried to come up for air but I just couldn't get myself back down and across the pool in time.  I finally just gulped a huge amount of air and pushed through on the one breathe.  Glad to see someone else with the same thought lol.

Why does it always seem like a boring/bad season always follows a good one?  I find this season so boring!  

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Aurora has been a floater since the merge. She was allied with Joe and loosely to Aubry. Once they voted Joe out, Aurora was on her own. Not only that, she has not had a problem telling people what she thinks. Just look at her tribal performance when Julia was voted out. Julia was just as bad as Aurora amd Aurora is about as subtle as Keith was.

So when Aurora is on the bottom our out of the loop, she is a total wild card and will flip. When Aurora is in the loop, she is a loose cannon. So you can't trust her with a plan but if she is not involved in the plan she is a wild card. That makes her hard to work with.

Honestly, Aurora and Julie are not that different in their play. Blindsiding them is problematic because you can count on them to flip on you. But working with them means that they are going to give away whatever the vote or plan is. If Julie is comfortable at tribal, then you know she is going to be voting a certain way. If she is not with you, then you know that something is coming your way.

The question is really who do you trust to be less erratic, Aurora or Julie? Ron is in tight enough with both of them to make it work, which is actually kind of impressive.

Aurora is more of a target because the only person she trusts is Ron and no one actually knows that, except now Julie.

And for all of Reem's angry posturing to the newcomers, she is still looking out for folks. She went out to check on Kelly and let Kelly know that she was burning.

4 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I don't hate Wentworth, but I so don't give a crap about her "journey" and her EoE tears.  Or anyone else's EoE tears for that matter.

I can take or leave Wentworth. The only journeys that have impressed me are people like Dohnathon who come from hard scrabble lives and just open up and blossom when( or after) playing this game.  

Each of the EOE players have seemed to have their decompression time upon arriving  at EOE- except for Wendy. Who never really understood anything about this game beyond it being a camping trip. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

And for all of Reem's angry posturing to the newcomers, she is still looking out for folks. She went out to check on Kelly and let Kelly know that she was burning.

Reem strikes me as someone who (a) is profoundly dissatisfied with life at this point in time - no surprise there - and (b) feels the need to vent her dissatisfaction in the belief that such venting will keep her resentment from festering inside her - a strategy which, by all appearances, is a total fucking failure lying in collapsed ruins on a desolate beach by a mast with a single tattered sail.  Kinda representative of Reem’s entire game, that.

One significant facet Reem does not appear inclined in any way to consider is (c): why, exactly, should anybody else give a flying fuck at a rolling donut WHAT she thinks?  ;>

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Reem: "So, Wentworth, my old nemesis. We meet again at last! You bested me at the beginning, but I have been preparing for this moment ever since. I promise, all of your worst dreams are about to come true! Prepare to meet your doom! MWAH-hahahahaha!"

Wentworth: "I'm sorry, have we met?"

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Doing it this way was the only way I could pass the swimming portion of bootcamp.  I tried to come up for air but I just couldn't get myself back down and across the pool in time.  I finally just gulped a huge amount of air and pushed through on the one breathe.  Glad to see someone else with the same thought lol.

For me it was my scuba background; I know from experience of necessity I can manage 1-1/2 minutes of qualifiably strenuous activity on a single breath without a major problem.  2 minutes is pushing it, but I’ve done it - just not in a happy way.

My own (not common, I know) experience notwithstanding, though, it occurs to me: if you can’t hold your breath and swim underwater for something approaching a minute, then - just maybe - a reality show which regularly features underwater-based challenges might NOT be quite the right fit for you...?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

About 25 days, apparently.

Everything?  Naw.  Kelley claiming the Warthog eviction as a revenge-vote personal victory for herself, though?  OH yeah - better bet Kelley is going to get dragged through the WarthogRickLoveMudPit for THAT.  😄 

Same here.

Seriously - I’m beginning to wonder if the entire EoE bit is simply a cost-cutting ploy by TPTB, to avoid paying the resort costs for the Jury’s Ponderosa stays.

I agree with you, but possibly for different reasons. ;>

I think they are saving a ton of money--because the early boots still stay in the area, correct, not at ponderosa but at a hotel? I feel so sorry for these people!!lol. Of course they can leave at any time and I probably would, like Wendy and Keith did.

24 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Reem strikes me as someone who (a) is profoundly dissatisfied with life at this point in time - no surprise there - and (b) feels the need to vent her dissatisfaction in the belief that such venting will keep her resentment from festering inside her - a strategy which, by all appearances, is a total fucking failure lying in collapsed ruins on a desolate beach by a mast with a single tattered sail.  Kinda representative of Reem’s entire game, that.

One significant facet Reem does not appear inclined in any way to consider is (c): why, exactly, should anybody else give a flying fuck at a rolling donut WHAT she thinks?  ;>

I think I love you.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Jeff is not going to say that people hate it or show any type of weakness. No one is writing articles about how they like this. It had been ages since the Outcast tribe and even a good amount of time since Redemption Island. They keep trying to bring the idea back and it keeps failing. But they are never going to admit it.

I love Reem's welcome. It is so awesome.

I just had to turn off this weeks Rob Has a Podcast because Angelina from last season is the guest host with Stephen out. Can this season get any worse?

Angelina was pretty good on RHAP.  Plus Rob did his Reem impression and a new Wardog impression.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I will especially miss seeing him bumble his way through the challenges.  Thanks for giving me a slip off the platform and swimming to the wrong one for the road, ‘dawg!

Kind of makes one wonder how he ever passed basic training. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I love Survivor. My family loves Survivor. We have since Episode 1, Season 1. So it didn't bode well for this season when I looked up during tribal council, to see that my daughter, her husband and I were all scrolling on our phones. It's a sad day. 

(Fortunately Reem woke us up with her customary charming welcome. What would we do without her voice of doom threatening all who dare to show up at EOE? I'll actually miss her next season.) 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Angelina was pretty good on RHAP.  Plus Rob did his Reem impression and a new Wardog impression.  

I liked Angelina, too. Which is funny since I didn't like her on the show. Darn editing. LOL!!!! It was funny when Rob commented on her beautiful office and that it all matched. Too funny. I thought her views on Wardog were pretty spot on. She even said she had met him in person. She said he was nice and her views were just about Wardog on the show.

Just now, princelina said:

Victoria:311657609_TheHat.jpg.d874512661e6ca5ee1df3683a4c8243d.jpg

OMG! Too funny. I'm old enough to remember watching Fat Albert when it originaly aired. That said, I didn't like the show. That said, Victoria was probably happy she was allowed to wear the beanie/hat. It seems to fit her personality. Very calm, chill & relaxed.

• Love 2

I agree with the consensus that Edge of Extinction is the dumbest, most pointless twist this show has ever come up with. There are only 2 episodes left, so when exactly are all these EoE evictees going to get another chance to get back into the game? In the final episode? What is the bloody point of that? You sit around on your ass doing nothing for the bulk of the season then at the last split second you play the final round? WTF?

I'm glad to see Wardog voted out but I suspected from the beginning that EoE was designed specifically to give someone like him a chance to get back in if he's voted out because producers think players like him are "good TV." There's something vaguely disturbing about his eyes that I can't quite put my finger on. It's as though there is no soul behind them, More accurately, no intelligence. He's not very bright but has an extremely high opinion of himself, which makes him an ideal candidate for a show like this. And he wasn't so much controlling the game as being a bully about voting his way when he knew others needed him as a number.

Also annoyed with Reem. Most seasons have a player like her who is gone very early due to their odious personality and fortunately we don't have to put up with them for the duration of the season like we've had to put up with her. Another failing of this twist.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, bunnyface said:

But...but...but...Jeff claims in this week's EW interview that everybody luuuuvs EoE.  Sorry can't link from this stupid device.  But he says they are extremely happy with how it has played out and fans seem to enjoy it.

Look for this shitshow to come back.

This is sanitized to not start off any political talk, but I see this like when you dislike the current President and you're just buying time until the time they are no longer in office. You can't even contemplate how they got there and boom you now have to worry about a possible second term. They can't possibly bring this shit back, can they??

If they do (dog help us all!) I harken back to our "What would this twist look like if it wasn't overshadowed with the shadow of doom and gloom that is Reem?" Replace the negative enerhy suck pool and the whole season could be different. So put blame 50% on casting, 25% on what dumbass thought this was a wonderful addition and 25% on Reem herself. However without the original casting error and what Reem has then done to the atmosphere I could rescind the blame on who came up with this as I doubt they invisioned it being such a joysuck failure albatross around the neck of the season. 

5 hours ago, NutMeg said:

I applaud the poster upthread who says there needs to be incentives to choose right. Now I want a big roast placed right there, on the path to the right!  

Plate of chocolate, plate of peanut butter. No need to even remove any clothing...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Special K said:

IMO Ream is the absolute avatar of this season, the spokesperson if you will. 

I love how each week the episode ends with footage of some bleary-eyed castoff stumbling onto a pitch black beach in the night, and I'm all <<<wait for it>>>, and out of the inky depths comes a hag-like voice of derision. 

It's become my favorite part of the episodes now.

lol  I wish just one of them would tell her to f- off though. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I can take or leave Wentworth. The only journeys that have impressed me are people like Dohnathon who come from hard scrabble lives and just open up and blossom when( or after) playing this game.  

Each of the EOE players have seemed to have their decompression time upon arriving  at EOE- except for Wendy. Who never really understood anything about this game beyond it being a camping trip. 

is donathon ( oy that name) on this season?)

29 minutes ago, Tryangle said:

Who wins a physical challenge? "Wardog" or Crystal Cox?

It would probably go on for hours with neither finishing the challenge, so they would go to rock, paper scissors.   That would still fail to produce an outcome as neither would grasp the game, and Wardog would keep putting out "gun" and Crystal, "middle finger".     

Jeff would finally flip a coin.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Go Aurora! I've come to enjoy watching her knock out the physical challenges. And also, go Gavin! (He reminds me so much of Adam.) Despite the huge tattoo, I still think he looks good, especially in his underwear.

But this speaks to a larger issue: this season as a whole is so fucking dull and pointless, the only actual enjoyment I get is watching certain male contestants running around in their underwear during challenges. Something is seriously wrong when that is the only highlight of Survivor for me. I mean jeez, I could just go watch some porn. That'd be more, um, "productive."

There's really no one else left on the beach to root for. I guess Victoria, since she is playing a rather under the radar game, but the annoying thing about her is that stupid knit beanie. Petty and irrational I know, but every time I see her wearing that in a tropical climate, I want to reach through the screen, yank it off her head and chuck it into the ocean.

I gave up watching Survivor for awhile because seemingly everyone was a vile, heinous, hateful individual. (Millennials vs. Gen X was the first season I watched all the way through in maybe 4 years.) I considered not even watching the rest of this season, but not due to any horridly hateful contestants, but because this season is horridly boring. (I'm also considering giving up on Big Brother Canada this year, since it's somehow even worse than last season, which was beyond forgettable.)

I'm glad others are finding enjoyment in Reem, but that hag is so miserable and irritating, she's making me miserable and irritable just hearing her voice.

• Love 4

I might get some perverse enjoyment out of Reem if she had been in the actual game longer.  She doesn't know any of the people being voted off, and they don't know her.  She's the bad-tempered poster hag for irrelevance.  And if I were one of the final three or however many are left at the end, I'd be damned steamed to have some mouthy stranger voting on whether I get a million bucks or not.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

On the other hand, everyone else is such a nothing player that sitting next to Aurora is dangerous because she can at least say she worked her way to the finals rather than getting there by attrition, which is the only reason that Gavin, Victoria, Julie, Ron, or Lauren would get there.

I am sorry but this makes little sense to me. Attrition?  You mean like recognizing who the biggest threats are and then voting them out which is exactly what they did last night? Its called playing Survivor. If we learned anything last night from Rick's unbelievable and frankly laughable arrogance it is that EVERYBODY is playing the game. He was made to look like a fool last night. People need to stop being enamored by who is making the biggest and flashiest moves because more often than not they are stupid moves, such as the Warthog voting out Kelley last week. I just find it interesting that season after season people rant and rave about how the "nothing players" are not voting out the obvious threats yet this season they are doing that but apparently some people still think they are "nothing players".  I just find that weird,

• Love 6

I'm just stopping by to say that I have nothing to say.  It's very strange not to care about any of the people on what for years has been my very favorite hour of TV.  Something has gone wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I might get some perverse enjoyment out of Reem if she had been in the actual game longer.  She doesn't know any of the people being voted off, and they don't know her.  She's the bad-tempered poster hag for irrelevance.  And if I were one of the final three or however many are left at the end, I'd be damned steamed to have some mouthy stranger voting on whether I get a million bucks or not.

Even worse she could still BE one of the final three that you have to consider giving a million bucks to or not for surviving Edge of Exacerbation from Day 3.

The edit sure is funny this season. I am certain, only because every human is interesting in their own right, that these remaining Kama people must be interesting - but I find them so deeply uninteresting, and just.. flavorless.

So, boy, was I rooting hard for Devens to win that second immunity! Then he seemed he was going not to, and then he did! Then he shouted that absurd "La Cheeserie!" and everyone else looked sulky. I loved it!

Also loving Reem. But then I've been loving Reem since ep one - and it is great she is starting to grow on people now, but it really hurts my heart reading words like 'hag' and 'crone' and so forth, over and over. I guess your perspective comes from where you're at in life, but she is a woman in her mid-forties, for God's sake, who has not had the (mis)fortune of leading a pampered life.

I think she's great, and it's clear the editors think she's a godsend in this season of milky dullards. All these people who have barely formed personas on the screen - and here's this voice we'd know anywhere, shrieking something so individual to her it's almost a catchcry. It brightens up every episode for me.

She's also got a really warm heart - again that was obvious from ep 1 - and seen in the way she looked out for Kelley in the sun this ep. The whole reason she was targeted was because she was looking out for the 'outcasts' in the tribe, and looking out for the comfort of her tribemates by attending to their laundry - which whiny babies like Warthog couldn't manage to say was unnecessary and annoying. 

She was there on EoE, alone for days, and stuck it out. She's been there longer than any of these mournful stare out to sea and shed a lone tear newbies, and that takes guts and grit when you are so freaking old you are a hag/crone! So, yeah, I like her, and I hope she gets a good result out of this Survivor experience, one way or another. 

I am just hoping against hope someone likable comes back from EoE - and hoping I never have to pause and type that acronym again in any other season - and that someone other than these miscellaneous people left over can pull this around and win: Devens, David, Aubry at a pinch, and Reem! 

• Love 7

I literally blew chunks of food out of my mouth when Warthog slipped at the challenge. I was leery to eat while watching in case they have a gross food challenge, but didn't think I'd be laughing out loud. I'll gladly give up a bit of my dinner in exchange for that slapstick glory. I think I wore my DVR's HD out rewatching it. I need some GIFS soon! That he started swimming to the wrong side was just icing on that shade cake.

Otherwise, I'm so sick of Reem bitching to and about everyone in her irritating screech. The moment she starts, I fast forward past it. And the moment I see tears, I fast forward, so I missed all of Kelly's EoE angst. I guess that's why I'm so surprised by everyone's reaction to either on here. It's taking up more time that Warthog's slip, which I thought would be immortalized forevermore.

Everyone else is forgettable and not worth mentioning. I don't care if any of them win or lose. Though I'm really hope the other two big "threats", Ron and Rick, aren't anywhere near the finalists.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I think they are saving a ton of money--because the early boots still stay in the area, correct, not at ponderosa but at a hotel? I feel so sorry for these people!!lol. Of course they can leave at any time and I probably would, like Wendy and Keith did.

Wendy and Keith left the game, but not the control of TPTB; at this point in the game chronology, they are most likely either getting an escorted (and secure) tour of various SE Asia locales, or cooling their heels at Ponderosa.  

Under normal circumstances the pre-Jury boots would have already been pulled out of Ponderosa and doing their tour, but this season isn’t normal - and since the Jury apparently isn’t going anywhere near Ponderosa any time soon, Production may have seen no need to evac them from the premises.

• Love 1

Honestly, the Edge of Extinction has rendered this entire season so joyless and flavourless that even seeing Wardog get his torch snuffed barely elicited a "meh" from me. I can barely muster the energy to shrug (although my dislocated rotator cuff may have something to do with that).

If Probst or anyone else on the producing team even thinks about bringing Edge of Extinction back, I may very well sit out a season or two.

6 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I'm just stopping by to say that I have nothing to say.  It's very strange not to care about any of the people on what for years has been my very favorite hour of TV.  Something has gone wrong. 

THIS!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, violet and green said:

The edit sure is funny this season. I am certain, only because every human is interesting in their own right, that these remaining Kama people must be interesting - but I find them so deeply uninteresting, and just.. flavorless.

So, boy, was I rooting hard for Devens to win that second immunity! Then he seemed he was going not to, and then he did! Then he shouted that absurd "La Cheeserie!" and everyone else looked sulky. I loved it!

Also loving Reem. But then I've been loving Reem since ep one - and it is great she is starting to grow on people now, but it really hurts my heart reading words like 'hag' and 'crone' and so forth, over and over. I guess your perspective comes from where you're at in life, but she is a woman in her mid-forties, for God's sake, who has not had the (mis)fortune of leading a pampered life.

I think she's great, and it's clear the editors think she's a godsend in this season of milky dullards. All these people who have barely formed personas on the screen - and here's this voice we'd know anywhere, shrieking something so individual to her it's almost a catchcry. It brightens up every episode for me.

She's also got a really warm heart - again that was obvious from ep 1 - and seen in the way she looked out for Kelley in the sun this ep. The whole reason she was targeted was because she was looking out for the 'outcasts' in the tribe, and looking out for the comfort of her tribemates by attending to their laundry - which whiny babies like Warthog couldn't manage to say was unnecessary and annoying. 

She was there on EoE, alone for days, and stuck it out. She's been there longer than any of these mournful stare out to sea and shed a lone tear newbies, and that takes guts and grit when you are so freaking old you are a hag/crone! So, yeah, I like her, and I hope she gets a good result out of this Survivor experience, one way or another. 

I am just hoping against hope someone likable comes back from EoE - and hoping I never have to pause and type that acronym again in any other season - and that someone other than these miscellaneous people left over can pull this around and win: Devens, David, Aubry at a pinch, and Reem! 

I agree 100% with everything you just said so much I could have given you a dozen thumbs up.  And I hate when "older" women get called all sorts of names and people think it is okay to do that in society.

59 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Wendy and Keith left the game, but not the control of TPTB; at this point in the game chronology, they are most likely either getting an escorted (and secure) tour of various SE Asia locales, or cooling their heels at Ponderosa.  

Under normal circumstances the pre-Jury boots would have already been pulled out of Ponderosa and doing their tour, but this season isn’t normal - and since the Jury apparently isn’t going anywhere near Ponderosa any time soon, Production may have seen no need to evac them from the premises.

Someone here a few episodes back said Keith posted or tweeted that he and Wendy got to go to Australia and they had a blast.  I'm glad someone enjoyed this season.

This is the worst.  You don't meet Kama save Joe and Aubrey to like half way through.  It's like opening a book at the middle and starting to read it not having formed any attachment to any of the characters.

And what you can see when we finally meet (gag me) "Kama Strong" is that they are big fat nothings. 

Aurora has the outcast label but it is the label that makes her of any interest as in the underdog.  Her personality doesn't grab you.  Red hair looked like she was suppose to be a strategy type early on but she is just a follower who can't even get into the main herd at this point to follow anyone.  Ron is an asshole and Gavin is his little yappy, whiny asshole caddy/squire.  Julie is a mess.  The non-Joe physical guy didn't register at all.

And of course EoE makes everything a theatre of the absurd since no one is technically gone from the game or getting back into same except the happy two-some that vacationed in Australia.  Probably clips of their vaca there on Survivor's dime would be far more interesting than this season.

I really like David and Aubrey is okay but man they got cursed returning to what is shaping into the worst season ever.

And the fact that Probst has to go out doing the PR and lying through his teeth saying people love this season just makes the fans more angry.

Thank God TAR is back and off to a good, entertaining start.  I'll take those two catty/smug Survivor women team on it to 90% of this cast any day and I'm rooting for them to go out next.  But at least they have entertaining personalities.

Edited by green
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, violet and green said:

I'm one who calls Reem a hag, and I'm much older than she is.  In a normal season, the first boot would be gone and long forgotten.  Reem is a bitter, self-deluded fool who thinks everyone else owed her more time in the game, and continues to verbally punish people for daring to vote her out.  Or, possibly worse, she's so desperate for her 15 seconds of fame that she's playing a character to make herself memorable.  Pretty disgusting either way.

• Love 7
On 4/24/2019 at 10:36 PM, North of Eden said:

Lauren not searching for an idol she should be confident has been replanted did not impress.

Lauren is confident that the idol was not re-planted.  Pocket Idols are historically not replaced.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:40 AM, Fake Jan Brady said:

It's a shame they'd previously burned the title of Ghost Island; that would have been a much more appropriate name for an atoll populated by a bunch of people with unfinished business who I'm continually surprised to see again.

Funny you should say this...

The original plan for Season 30 was named Ghost Island, and had a gimmick very similar to this season's.  But they scrapped that plan and recycled the name for the Ghost Island season we got, and then recycled the gimmick  for this one.  And we know this because CBS leaked the old plan shortly after announcing the as-aired Ghost Island.  You can read the original plan here.  (Warning: the website may also have spoilers for the rest of this season and the upcoming two.  The page I linked to has no spoilers...except maybe in the comments.  Avoid those on principle.)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

And also, go Gavin! (He reminds me so much of Adam.)

Physically, maybe. But I think that comparison reflects pretty poorly on Adam, who was smarter/wilier than Gavin has been on his best day. I can't recall Adam ever having petty confessionals like Gavin's "how dare Wardog talk to me in that way!" and "I'm voting out of revenge."

Gavin is like ... Donathan without the charm, plus Nick without the brains, and all with Adam's face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Porkchop said:

Same. I've been bored before but I've never felt this level of apathy. This season blows. 

• Love 3