Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E11: Fasten Your Seatbelts

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm failing to see why everyone is eager to get Aurora out.  According to them, she's got no allies, and is at the bottom.  Isn't that the kind of person you want around?  My impression is they don't think she can win, either, and just say 'she's a challenge beast'.  

I really wonder if Ron might have proved himself untrustworthy or not.  The fact that he relishes being in the middle so he can have control I feel like won't end well for him.

• Love 6

Only in the addled crazy quilt that is Ron's mind is he the biggest threat.

Lauren not searching for an idol she should be confident has been replanted did not impress.

Gavin, you are no Fresh Prince.

Wardog cringing during the vote was the money shot of the evening.

Caesar is spinning in his grave for being equated with this group of dullards.

Kelly, they didn't do it for you.

At this point there are only two ways this season can be redeemed: Victoria winning as she is the only person still in the game I would be happy to see have their life enriched or they bring out the gross food challenge and I get to enjoy watching Aroura powering through a moving larvae while Ron tosses his cookies eating monkey brains.

So bad...man, I need to see Christian and Gabbie on my screen to wash the taste of this follow-up season away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

What in the hell does "La Cheesaria" mean and why did Devins shout it out after he won??!!!!

It's a reference from The Tony Kornheiser Show (a podcast). It started as a joke and turned into something people like to shout at random times. Needless to say I used to like the podcast but no longer do...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Finally, Wardog gets the boot. There is no way he wins the EOE challenge to get back in the game. Would have rather seen Rick gone, but he had to win immunity again. Still can't stand him.

I did not like the way Reem spoke to Kelley. How is Kelley the reason Reem is on EOE? First off, Kelley wasn't the only player on Manu, there were other players. Also, Kelley voted for Wendy, not Reem. Reem is not going to win this game, so I don't know why she is still around unless it's to bash every player coming on Extinction. Can't stand her either.

I'm still rooting for Lauren to win.

• Love 11

So, at the beginning of Tribal when Jeff says "We'll now bring our jury", does that mean that everyone single person voted out is going to be on the jury at the end of this season ? Or is it another "twist" that it ends up being just one of them ? Sorry if this has been explained, I must have missed it, but it's just confusing. The jury is usually only, what 9 people ?

I guess Lauren winning would be ok. She always trys her best in challenges, doesn't whine a lot ( except for being hungry, which I can understand ). I don't mind Rick, either. The rest are just there ,for me. Glad Wardog is out, he's not nearly as hot shit as he thinks he is !

• Love 2
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

his crazy serial killer eyes are done...

Everytime I saw Wardog's eyes, for some reason I thought of R. Kelly. Has anyone else noticed they have similar eyes/ expression?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

It's so fucking gross people go down the "shes fucking members of Production" 

I agree with your anger. I have no problem with people disliking her character, but to imply inappropriate trysts in exchange for airtime is simply unfair and misogynistic. Plenty of the men have airtime - where's the accusations against them?

• Love 20

There’s somebody named Gavin on this show?

Dear show, please do not bring back Reem for any other season. Sincerely, a person who can’t stand listening to Reem bitching & moaning about being voted off anymore.

• Love 10
On 4/24/2019 at 9:01 PM, mojoween said:

Never in my life have I wanted anything more than for Rick to win immunity.

Me too.  He is the last likeable person left.  Well except for David and maybe Aubrey if one of them comes back.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:36 PM, North of Eden said:

Lauren not searching for an idol she should be confident has been replanted did not impress.

I don't think there is any more "replacing" of idols.  Maybe if Lauren played hers and there was then none left but I don't think even then.

I thought I wanted Ron out the most but now I want Gavin out.  He is like one of those annoying small dogs that run around all the time yapping and barking and driving you crazy seeking attention with his always wanting to be Master of the Universe but no one can be bothered to listen to him and why don't they and he is really the king but no one knows it and it is so unfair blah blah blah.  WarDog may be gone but we are now stuck with WhineDog.

And do we have to a see crappy close-ups of Kelley's tear magnified a hundred times?  And like others have said above, no Kelley, they were not taking personal revenge on your behalf.  Get over yourself.

I was pro-David so anti-Wardog but not on a personal level. He was one of the few kind of entertaining newbies and he played a good game until he started over-playing of late.  And it was a joy to watch how inept he was at every single challenge.

I love Reem reaming all these people on EoE every week.  It's about the only thing I can look forward to on this horrible season.  If either David (if he can come back) or Rick can't win then I want Reem to win and ream the audience live on Finale Night.

Edited by green
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, willco said:

So, at the beginning of Tribal when Jeff says "We'll now bring our jury", does that mean that everyone single person voted out is going to be on the jury at the end of this season ? Or is it another "twist" that it ends up being just one of them ? Sorry if this has been explained, I must have missed it, but it's just confusing. The jury is usually only, what 9 people ?

I guess Lauren winning would be ok. She always trys her best in challenges, doesn't whine a lot ( except for being hungry, which I can understand ). I don't mind Rick, either. The rest are just there ,for me. Glad Wardog is out, he's not nearly as hot shit as he thinks he is !

Everyone on the jury now will be the ones voting for the winner.  If Keith and Wendy hasn’t quit this would be the first/probably last season ever to have every single person that was cast still there on Day 39-and voting for the winner.  I think even if someone quit now they would still be jury.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Everyone on the jury now will be the ones voting for the winner.  If Keith and Wendy hasn’t quit this would be the first/probably last season ever to have every single person that was cast still there on Day 39-and voting for the winner.  I think even if someone quit now they would still be jury.

Maybe they'll bring back everyone ever voted out on every season for the Most! Dramatic! Jury! Twist! Ever! In! Survivor! History!  Plus the chickens. 🐓🐔

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, KimberStormer said:

Wardog has now entered the club of people who have somehow, some way, managed to claw themselves up from a hopeless merge position to the top, and then thrown it all away in spectacularly stupid fashion.  At least Gabby last season was being lied to and had some kind of reason to do what she did.  Is this the stupidest move in Survivor history? 

I hate to say I told you so, but no I don't, I love to say I told you so.  Stupidest move ever.

I don't know if you guys have been watching this season, but almost everyone's gotten a dramatic-closeup-filled EDGE OF EXTINCTION segment.  Even total nobody Eric.  (Poor Julia might be an exception, though.)  But I guess the editors are still determined to give Kelley the business.  I feel, if anyone, it's Aubry who continues to get a wildly disproportionate amount of attention on THE EDGE, myself.  Reem is funny but completely absurd; as she said she was trying to vote out Kelley herself so I really don't see how Kelley could be accused of ruining her Survivor experience.  I know it's selfish of people to not vote for themselves so that others can win, but if you read the fine print of the rules, Reem, you'll discover that they're actually not allowed to.

It's also amazing that people complain about people not getting their own food and now mock them for doing so I guess because they're not Joe.

Victoria is still there, so I keep watching, but I don't know how much more of Rick I can take.  Strange that despite being heavily featured every fucking five minutes he doesn't get the "must be blowing a producer" reaction, I wonnnnnddeeerrrrr wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?  But I feel a very terrible presentiment about him.  It's strange that I never truly hated a Survivor winner until Adam Klein showed up, and now I feel I must worry that it is happening again.

• Love 9

Its funny how a game of survivor goes through phases.  The start of the game was pretty boring and straight forward.  There was a little excitement with tribe swaps and merge.  Now it has dropped off again with straight forward voting off the big threats as we wait for end game.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is the point of EOE? These people are just sitting around whining, finding advantages to give to the still competing players, and listening to  Reem rip every new arrival a new one. 

It's a shame they'd previously burned the title of Ghost Island; that would have been a much more appropriate name for an atoll populated by a bunch of people with unfinished business who I'm continually surprised to see again.

Plus there's the terrifying voice of a crone who will welcome you to the nightmare just when you think you're due for a little peace.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, dstann said:

Its funny how a game of survivor goes through phases.  The start of the game was pretty boring and straight forward.  There was a little excitement with tribe swaps and merge.  Now it has dropped off again with straight forward voting off the big threats as we wait for end game.

When I watched about 20 seasons at once, this is  how I felt.  The climax of my excitement was the merge.  The absolute lowest point of my excitement was when 6 people were left and I usually ditched the season then.  (I know others have said they feel differently.)  But that is how I experienced it.  Actually, I'm the same with American Idol.  Hollywood Week is the best part of the show.  When 10 are left I'm usually done.

I know Wardog wasn't popular, but I thought he was the most exciting player, I liked how he seemed to control the vote for the past 3 episodes.  Now he got himself voted out, and just "the rest" are left.  It's like an extremely poor version of last season when I liked Davie so much and then he simply got voted out towards the end and Nick and him just kind of sat around waiting for it/letting it happen.

I really like David, so I guess I have hope that he could come back.  I have no idea what's going on at EoE.  Impossible for me to remember who's still there, except Reem.  I assume Hot Chris is still there.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Am I the only one who gets a slight shock when Jeff says, "Bring in the jury," and they straggle in looking all grubby and bedraggled?  My brain is still set for cleaned up and glamourous after those words.

The reunion show will justify the wait, though.   I think this is a beautiful cast, Aurora's bone structure is stunning, Lauren's a goddess, everyone else is at least pretty or attractive.  Even Reem is looking good as she slims down, although I'm hoping she'll wear her witch hat to the finale.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Kelly's idol was a premerge idol and would not be rehidden. There should be an idol out there for the merge tribe but we have not seen anyone look for it. It seems that most of the players are not aware that there are idols in the game. I suspect that most of them think that idols and advantages come from EoE.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

But I guess the editors are still determined to give Kelley the business.

Prior to tribal council, I thought she had a nicely humanizing moment. She got the Spencer "I'm a real live boy/girl" confessional, which is never indicative of a winner, but someone where personal growth is their reward instead of the million (see also: David on mvgx). I thought Kelley's insights into herself came off better than uncomfortably desperate Aubry, resigned David or ho-hum Joe.

I can't take Reem seriously anymore, and I don't think the editors do either. They're seriously using her like Norm on Cheers. If Survivor was taped in front of a live studio audience, I'd expect them to yell "REEM!" every time she appeared onscreen.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

Anyone else feel like vomiting during the Wardog/Rick mud scene?

Wentworth, I don’t know that I’d be cheering so much that Wardog is gone—you’re the one who’s going to have to live with him on the Extinction Island for the next few days!  Wardog seemed to take his vote-out with good grace.

Reem’s really decided to make a name for herself as a one-woman Welcome Wagon to Extinction Island, hasn't she?  I’m getting tired of her giving crap to everyone who voted her out as though she didn’t play a part in her own downfall.  And as for this whole “you ruined my Survivor experience…”  Part of the chance you take when you sign up for Survivor is knowing that you stand a 1-in-18 chance of being the first one out.  Is it what you hope for?  No, of course not, but it’s the risk.  Hell, Reem, you should consider yourself lucky that you wound up on a season with this stupid gimmick, otherwise your Survivor experience would’ve ended on Day 3.  Consider being grateful how unique your experience is for Survivor instead of dwelling on what you didn’t get.  Be grateful you’re going to get another shot of getting back into the game long after you should’ve been a distant memory to everyone still playing.

I totally agree about Reem.  You got voted out, dude.  That is how the game is played.  Someone has to be the first person voted out and Reem gave the others plenty of reasons/excuses to target her first, by being annoying and forming a tight 3 person alliance.

The only one she had reason to be bitter toward was Keith, but she loved him.

• Love 7

I'm disappointed nobody wrote down Dan's name as Warthog.

Favorite moment: Devens talking shit about Julie and Lauren not being in the driver's seat, then an immediate cut to them plotting to take him out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

It's not  about you Kelley.

I don't hate Wentworth, but I rolled my eyes when she said, "They got revenge for me."

I hope she didn't really think anyone voted for The Warthog to avenge him blindsiding her.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I totally agree about Reem.  You got voted out, dude.  That is how the game is played.  Someone has to be the first person voted out and Reem gave the others plenty of reasons/excuses to target her first, by being annoying and forming a tight 3 person alliance.

The only one she had reason to be bitter toward was Keith, but she loved him.

Keith is one vote that Reem could understand. Reem got that the others were targeting Wendy, Keith or Reem. Keith voting for her was an attempt to save his game, which Reem gets. The reasons that the others gave for voting for Reem  were pretty lame, valid perhaps, but lame. She was mothering them by reminding them to drink water and drying out their clothes? And no one bothered to tell her that her reminders and touching their things was bothering them?

I can see where Reem is annoying, but being voted out for reminding people to drink water and drying out their clothes would rankle me. She was stronger in challenges then Keith. She didn't have the immediate hangers on/supporters like Kelly and David.

I get Reem being bitter. The reasons for voting her out were really and truly lame. Especially since they had one person on the tribe whose lack of challenge ability was truly problematic, I am pointing to Keith and his acknowledged swimming in the ocean issues. God knows Reem was stronger then Dan in challenges. Hell, my six year old is stronger then Dan in challenges.

That said, her argument to Kelly was ridiculous. Kelly didn't destroy Reem's dream, Kelly was one part of the plan. And yes, Kelly was Reem's target and a valid one, but the others in the tribe did not buy into that. And while I fully agree that the reasons given for voting out Reem were ridiculous and that particular vote was stupid, Reem should have known better then to touch peoples stuff without asking.

Kelly was Reem's target and so Kelly get's the worst of Reem's wrath. It is stupid and petty and unnecessary. I don't expect her to get that until after she has had some beers and burgers and a bed. I don't think EoE is good for anyone's ability to process what happened in the game and let things go. I think it is more mentally harmful to the Exiles then beneficial.

• Love 9

I'm hoping the returnee from EoE wins.  All the time he/she spends with the jury should have an impact.  But I hope his/her winning will create such an outcry amongst fans, (with the winner being someone who had been voted out which is contrary to the spirit of the game), it will let TPTB know that EoE should be scrapped.  Never again, show.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

I have never been so bored/disinterested/disengaged by any season as I am by this one.  I don't even have any negative or positive feelings toward any of these people.  I am annoyed by most of them, but nowhere near the intensity of past players I could "hate watch" (Tony, Pavarti, Rupert...).  Reem is the only one who gets the occasional STFU out loud.  Honestly, if any of the current tribe or EoE remnants were cleaned up and put in a lineup, I'd be hard pressed to ID 50% of them correctly. 

I don't even bother look up from my iPad to pay attention to challenges or TC very much.  It's just background noise now.

• Love 16

I am so incredibly tired of Reem.  She got voted out in the first episode because she was abrasive and most everyone disliked her.  Now she’s on EoE and she seems to dominate the EoE air time.  There are some on EoE that haven’t spoken for weeks.  Why are they continuing to showcase Reem?  I bet she is just as miserable and negative in real life as they have depicted her on the show.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm failing to see why everyone is eager to get Aurora out.  According to them, she's got no allies, and is at the bottom.  Isn't that the kind of person you want around?  My impression is they don't think she can win, either, and just say 'she's a challenge beast'.  

I really wonder if Ron might have proved himself untrustworthy or not.  The fact that he relishes being in the middle so he can have control I feel like won't end well for him.

I want Aurora to win.  She is really the only one I want to win although I don't care as much this season as others.  I don't want Ron to win.  I've been a bit flummoxed that a play the middle flipper has lasted this long so maybe he has some game.  Usually stuck in the middle swing votes does end badly in the near future.  Is he a swing vote though?  Or just a flipper?  

9 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

Did Victoria even speak during this episode? Once? 

She really hasn't spoken much the whole season yet somehow when she does it gets noticed.  If she wins it would be a totally under the radar winner, obviously she has some game in this season of mediocre players but you don't really see it.  I wouldn't be so much unhappy if she won as dissatisifiedl.  

1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Kelly's idol was a premerge idol and would not be rehidden. There should be an idol out there for the merge tribe but we have not seen anyone look for it. It seems that most of the players are not aware that there are idols in the game. I suspect that most of them think that idols and advantages come from EoE.

So....if they win there way back in the game its to late to play their advantages or idols?  

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm hoping the returnee from EoE wins.  All the time he/she spends with the jury should have an impact.  But I hope his/her winning will create such an outcry amongst fans, (with the winner being someone who had been voted out which is contrary to the spirit of the game), it will let TPTB know that EoE should be scrapped.  Never again, show.

Yes, torch snuffed you are gone. 

4 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I have never been so bored/disinterested/disengaged by any season as I am by this one.  I don't even have any negative or positive feelings toward any of these people.  I am annoyed by most of them, but nowhere near the intensity of past players I could "hate watch" (Tony, Pavarti, Rupert...).  Reem is the only one who gets the occasional STFU out loud.  Honestly, if any of the current tribe or EoE remnants were cleaned up and put in a lineup, I'd be hard pressed to ID 50% of them correctly. 

I don't even bother look up from my iPad to pay attention to challenges or TC very much.  It's just background noise now.

Same.  I find myself wondering am I tired of Survivor?  No.  Do I hate this season?  Eh.  Why do I feel so bored/disinterested/disengaged?  I think part of it anyway is it just seems sort of fractured, like 3 or now 2 teams but one isn't playing.  
That plus its like the opposite of a pagonging/strong alliance with the numbeand boring predictable boots.  This season has more  flippers and flipping and so lthe TC's are more unpredictable than a pagonging but it seems less like strategy than everyone just jumping ship every vote.  And you know i wondered why we didn't see this more as a way to play the game.  And it is a way to play, its just sort of boring because it seems less about chess moves and scheming.  
If Aurora doesn't win then..........Kelly or Capt Sparrow?  He just seems so sad.  

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

So....if they win there way back in the game its to late to play their advantages or idols?  

I believe Jeff said that when they are voted out they lose their idols and advantages. He said this after Aubry was voted out with an Idol and and Advantage.

• Love 1

some unpopular opinions from me:

1. I'm enjoying Reem. No, I don't agree with her (Kelly did not ruin your experience) but she is like Norm on Cheers to me but the reverse. I looked forward to hearing "norm" just as I enjoy now her salty welcome wagon routine. Why? I don't know but I've flipped from "get over it" to "it's some kind of tradition I look forward to" perhaps because the people getting voted out are less likeable? not sure but she's now part of what I expect to see and I'd be disappointed if Wardog just got a "oh hi!"

2. I'm no Kelly fan but she didn't bug me this episode. (1) they tend to focus on the new person at Edge; (2) I don't think she seriously meant "they got revenge for ME" when she said that based on her tone. I thought it was a little joking and a bit of "I want him gone and thanks everybody for doing me this favor even though I know that was not your motivation."

3. I don't really care who wins but I guess go Aurora for being tough. I do think voting her out is not a bad idea if you don't want to be with her in the final 3 because she is solid on challenges. Same with Devin. If you are convinced no one would vote for her, then definitely keep her around. But if you think the jury may admire her pluck, her never freaking out despite being out of the loop all the time, then you don't want to sit next to her at the end.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Random thoughts on episode 11 "Victor: Victoria":

• Badass Aurora is cool.  Air?  Hah.  Who needs to come up for air?
  • Anyone from the Loser's Bracket who makes the final vote should need twice the votes to win.
  • Despite what the flashy "I'm a threat" declarers say (right before their delicious comeuppance), threats are actually defined on this show as people who read the situation correctly and act accordingly.  Under that more accurate definition, the #1 threat is Victoria.  She's my pick to win.

"We didn't have air in the foster care system."

I hope Victoria wins and I think she has been playing a pretty good UTR game.

That said, two of the self-proclaimed threats (Rick and The Warthog) were the two biggest targets, so I think it is clear that they are perceived as threats.  I'm not so sure about Matthew Perry's 2nd most famous character, though.  I think he might be perceived as the flipper who has no chance to win.    

• Love 3
21 hours ago, vb68 said:

It looks like bonds are deeper [on EoE] than with those still in the game.

Does it? I feel like we're not seeing any of them bond much there. We haven't seen much of Chris, Eric, or Julia at all and even when we did it was more about themselves than anything else, barring maybe Chris' talk about how they were an island of misfit toys or whatever very early on. They showed Kelley/Joe/Aubry bonding a bit in this ep, but that's to be expected as they're returnees. I don't feel like we're being shown much of anyone, in the game or EoE, bonding. I feel like I have no idea who any of these people will vote for because of it. And also because most of them aren't good at the game lol.

20 hours ago, mojoween said:

Aubry looked like she was not about that life, though, which finally made me like her.

If so it must have been because Aubry was pissed she didn't get to be the one making a scene on the jury.

20 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Were Wardog Peacekitty and Rick saying "girls" or "goats" in their conversation at the beginning of the episode. I was liking Rick, but when he said they had to get the "girls" out . . . just so dismissive of the women. So I hope you're voted out next Rick.

They were saying 'goats.' Although all but 1 of the people they think aren't playing the game are women.

20 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Kelly is so thirsty.  And she gets her own time spot on EOE where we see her cry?  How many producers has she boned to get this much airtime?   Get off my island.

I guess the same amount Joe has since he got the exact same shot and about as much airtime in spite of the fact that he never did a thing in the game.

10 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

I'm disappointed nobody wrote down Dan's name as Warthog.

I think it'd have been better if they'd all written 'Dan.' He would've been so pissed.

I would have much rather seen, well, almost anyone else go over Wardog. This season is boring as hell with no one to root for but at least Wardog was providing me with little snippets of entertainment. Oh well, he gave me some gems before leaving. Slipping before badly jumping into the water was a classic. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

But...but...but...Jeff claims in this week's EW interview that everybody luuuuvs EoE.  Sorry can't link from this stupid device.  But he says they are extremely happy with how it has played out and fans seem to enjoy it.

Look for this shitshow to come back.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Finally, Wardog gets the boot. There is no way he wins the EOE challenge to get back in the game. Would have rather seen Rick gone, but he had to win immunity again. Still can't stand him.

I did not like the way Reem spoke to Kelley. How is Kelley the reason Reem is on EOE? First off, Kelley wasn't the only player on Manu, there were other players. Also, Kelley voted for Wendy, not Reem. Reem is not going to win this game, so I don't know why she is still around unless it's to bash every player coming on Extinction. Can't stand her either.

I'm still rooting for Lauren to win.

I hate that everyone is in the jury--is there no Ponderosa?? This is seriously awful. I also cant get past the name "Wardog" gave himself so everytime hes on the screen i just cringe, he thinks he is so cool lol and he's not. Not looking forward to the blubbering family visit, because now it is expected and it earlier seasons it was truly a surprise. I think Reem should come back since anyone sitting next to her will win. ugh.

• Love 3

For me this will definitely go down as a bottom Survivor season (along with any season featuring the name "Hantz"). So much wrong with this season, no matter what Probst says. With everyone still hanging around, there's no tension, no drama, no interest. We don't get to enjoy seeing newly cleaned-up jurors marching in to Tribal. We don't get enough time with the actual players (any show time spent on EoE Island is show time wasted). And Reem has to be one of the most vile, abusive, repugnant, un-self-aware people to ever play this game and I don't find that entertaining. Not one fucking iota entertaining. The immaturity, the selfishness, the childish "if I can't have a good time, NOBODY's gonna have a good time" attitude -- it's very tempting to just tune out (which I did for the reappearances by the psychotic sadist Hantz) but we're deep enough into the season that I'll let inertia take me to the end.

Coming after one of the best casts and best seasons in years, this is an utter disaster in just about every way.

• Love 11

"Wardawg talks to me like I'm a dawg"

Not bothered about the big jury, I always find it annoying when people make out they are winners just as they made the jury.  The interaction of the eliminated on the outcast island segments does feel superfluous though.

Aurora is a threat in that being better at challenges than some others she might take away your chance at immunity when you need it.

Decent episode, though the end felt predictable.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does it? I feel like we're not seeing any of them bond much there. <snip> I don't feel like we're being shown much of anyone, in the game or EoE, bonding. I feel like I have no idea who any of these people will vote for because of it. And also becasue most of them aren't good at the game lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if the EoE jury is stilled pissed off enough to vote for one of their own (the returnee) rather than anyone who came through intact.  They haven't decompressed at Ponderosa-- they're still dirty, hungry, and bored-- and probably still mad as hell over being voted out.  Ponderosa generally lets players mellow out.  Margaritas and pizza will do that to you.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Special K said:

IMO Ream is the absolute avatar of this season, the spokesperson if you will. 

I love how each week the episode ends with footage of some bleary-eyed castoff stumbling onto a pitch black beach in the night, and I'm all <<<wait for it>>>, and out of the inky depths comes a hag-like voice of derision. 

It's become my favorite part of the episodes now.

Thank you, You are my people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Much hubris this episode... Rick and Warthog plus Ron so sure they are the only players and all the others are goats! Ron happy to "have the power" because he has a choice of two possible ways to votes: dude, each choice comes with opportunities and risks, but having a choice does not necessarily means you're in power, sometimes you are just a tool everyone wants to use. And seriously, Ron, a power player? Wasn't he, like, curled up and on the verge of tears, just a few days before? 

On the other hand, kudos to the supposed goats. I've become increasingly impressed with Aurora these past few episodes, I always am when faced with such physical strength coupled with nerves of steel, because that's like the opposite of me! Victoria has been quietly effective from the start vote-wise and continues to be so. Lauren takes initiatives and something tells me it's happened before but we are only now seeing it. Julie might very well control Ron after all rather than the other way around, despite what he thinks. And Gavin got a yes! from me for being the one to call out Warthog for talking at people rather than to them.

After the vote, I was hoping that finally someone, well, Warthog, would choose right. I applaud the poster upthread who says there needs to be incentives to choose right. Now I want a big roast placed right there, on the path to the right!  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is the point of EOE? These people are just sitting around whining, finding advantages to give to the still competing players, and listening to  Reem rip every new arrival a new one. Are they going to ever compete in another challenge to get back in the game or what? 

13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think at this point we can all agree that this was one giant fail. I'm tired of seeing some of these people just hanging around, there seems little to no end in sight and the whole thing just seems poorly thought out and executed. 

YES to all of the above.  I don't understand EOE.  I don't get the winky-wink faces that the "jury" makes at the players and vice-versa because I never had a grasp on who was who, and since everyone (save two) are still in the game I think it makes it extremely difficult to get a handle on these people and their motivations.  

13 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

What in the hell does "La Cheesaria" mean and why did Devins shout it out after he won??!!!!

This pretty much encapsulates my feelings about this entire season.  I didn't even blink when he shouted that and they sub-titled it and then gave us no explanation of what the hell he was talking about.  He could've shouted "sparkle water rainbow elephant!" and it would've made just as much sense to me.

9 hours ago, green said:

And do we have to a see crappy close-ups of Kelley's tear magnified a hundred times?  

GAHHH!!  Enough with the fancy angled emotive close-up shots!  ENOUGH I say!  It's like the camera operators all took a class in "Cheese Shots 101."  Am I watching Survivor or Young & the Restless?  I like my Survivor players posed in trees or sitting on rocks with the same old interview style camerawork that has worked great for the past 20 years.  We did not need to see the single, perfect, salty tear roll gently down Wentworth's downey cheek to understand that she was upset.  Cool your jets, production.

I guess I want a final three of Victoria (because she's been on the right side of all of the votes even though I don't know how), Aurora (because she's a badass) and Reem (strictly for my entertainment).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

But...but...but...Jeff claims in this week's EW interview that everybody luuuuvs EoE.  Sorry can't link from this stupid device.  But he says they are extremely happy with how it has played out and fans seem to enjoy it.

Look for this shitshow to come back.

Jeff is not going to say that people hate it or show any type of weakness. No one is writing articles about how they like this. It had been ages since the Outcast tribe and even a good amount of time since Redemption Island. They keep trying to bring the idea back and it keeps failing. But they are never going to admit it.

29 minutes ago, Special K said:

I love how each week the episode ends with footage of some bleary-eyed castoff stumbling onto a pitch black beach in the night, and I'm all <<<wait for it>>>, and out of the inky depths comes a hag-like voice of derision. 

I love Reem's welcome. It is so awesome.

I just had to turn off this weeks Rob Has a Podcast because Angelina from last season is the guest host with Stephen out. Can this season get any worse?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I don't hate Wentworth, but I so don't give a crap about her "journey" and her EoE tears.  Or anyone else's EoE tears for that matter.

It kills me that this season is such a dud.  I don't think I've ever shouted "God, who cares? Just vote already!" at Jeff during a tribal before.  They all think they're so deep talking about the game, but their endless, circular answers were just boring the stuffing out of me.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I want Aurora to win.  She is really the only one I want to win although I don't care as much this season as others.  I don't want Ron to win.  I've been a bit flummoxed that a play the middle flipper has lasted this long so maybe he has some game.  Usually stuck in the middle swing votes does end badly in the near future.  Is he a swing vote though?  Or just a flipper?  

Same.  I find myself wondering am I tired of Survivor?  No.  Do I hate this season?  Eh.  Why do I feel so bored/disinterested/disengaged?  I think part of it anyway is it just seems sort of fractured, like 3 or now 2 teams but one isn't playing.  
That plus its like the opposite of a pagonging/strong alliance with the numbeand boring predictable boots.  This season has more  flippers and flipping and so lthe TC's are more unpredictable than a pagonging but it seems less like strategy than everyone just jumping ship every vote.  And you know i wondered why we didn't see this more as a way to play the game.  And it is a way to play, its just sort of boring because it seems less about chess moves and scheming.  
If Aurora doesn't win then..........Kelly or Capt Sparrow?  He just seems so sad.  

I'm not sure if Ron knows what he is lol I guess last night he'd be classified as a flipper, but I'm thinking be believes he's more a swing vote.  Which, how many times has a swing vote gone to TC with the TH "I've got all the power because I'm in the middle" before getting their torch snuffed by Probst that night?  

A lot of my problem with this season is both the cast and editing, along with the EOE twist.  I'm always of the belief that once your torch is snuffed, you're out of the game.  It seems to ruin the very spirit of Survivor when you get the chance to re-enter.  And now that there's a party on EOE, it doesn't seem like they're suffering.  It's basically what Big Brother would be if they did a ship wreck theme.  It doesn't help that last season was one of Survivor's best in a very long time, and then we get this follow up.  I'm over returning players coming back.  TPTB have ruined the excitement and fun of that concept by bringing so many returning players back in the past twenty seasons (I think half of the last twenty seasons featured returning players to some extent), and especially the same ones.  But the editing is just weird this season.  It's hard to tell whose aligned with who, you have people who are saying they are the only ones playing the game, but getting an edit that says the exact opposite, some people seem stubborn that the vote has to go their way, and I just feel like game play is lacking.  I can't even blame too many idols and advantages because there hasn't been any played yet, except for David's.     

There's something about Joe I forgot about that happened right when this season first started airing.  His grandmother passed away, and I know Joe was very close to her (as he seems to be with his whole family).  She had health problems, but I wonder if it was relayed to Joe by production that she was passing away (or had already passed) and they gave him the option to quit or stay in the game.  I thought Joe has seemed a shell of himself from his previous two stints, so I wondered if that might be it.  Seriously, though, this is where I'm at this season: the best part of the episode is EOE.  Reem nagging whoever goes within 10 feet of her, and seeing Joe and Kelley bond on the beach and Aubry running over to join in the hug.  I'll take that each week than what's going on in the game.

Right now I'm in the Aurora for the win camp, followed by Gavin.  If someone were to come back and win from EOE, I guess I'd root for any of the returning players.  Even Wentworth.  Or Reem, because why not.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Shout to the editors who really showcased Wardog's bumbling at the challenge -- the slip, the dive, close-captioning someone saying "awk-ward," not to mention JP's patter.  I think they even put a sound effect on his slip?

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Special K said:

Shout to the editors who really showcased Wardog's bumbling at the challenge -- the slip, the dive, close-captioning someone saying "awk-ward," not to mention JP's patter.  I think they even put a sound effect on his slip?

Now if they'd only shown his Warthoggy klutziness in a split screen with Aurora's sea goddess performance!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

some unpopular opinions from me:

1. I'm enjoying Reem. No, I don't agree with her (Kelly did not ruin your experience) but she is like Norm on Cheers to me but the reverse. I looked forward to hearing "norm" just as I enjoy now her salty welcome wagon routine. Why? I don't know but I've flipped from "get over it" to "it's some kind of tradition I look forward to" perhaps because the people getting voted out are less likeable? not sure but she's now part of what I expect to see and I'd be disappointed if Wardog just got a "oh hi!"

I don't even hate-watch Reem, I love-watch Reem.  The absolute best thing about this season is what the posters here say about her.  There's really something comedically magical about Reem on EoE.  And I believe that the editors know it.  They know where the money shot is, whether it's Chris's underwear or Reem's eternal nonsensical wrath.

I found Kelley, and definitely Julia, annoying on the jury.  I wish people wouldn't be so insecure about being voted out.  Just take it like an adult.  None of these people are your real friends and you can't see the situation like a friend betraying you.  (I say this as the biggest hypocrite who loves to watch Reem.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Special K said:

You have absolutely nailed it.  She's like some kind of sea witch, and I'm trying to be complimentary here.  I don't mean it in the way people say that "Women are witches!!!"  I mean that this like this is a cool part of Survivor mythology now.  It's part of the folklore.  It's like a real fantasy show.  With the nightmares that come with it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TaraS1 said:

It kills me that this season is such a dud.  I don't think I've ever shouted "God, who cares? Just vote already!" at Jeff during a tribal before.  They all think they're so deep talking about the game, but their endless, circular answers were just boring the stuffing out of me.

I felt the same.  I don't recall being so bored with Tribal before.  I definitely prefer all the chaotic whispering and outright planning that happens at Tribal rather than the "I'm talking in metaphors, but you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not really saying anything, but threats blindsides blindsides threats targets idols immunity threats blah blah blah blah."  It was torture.  And Jeff pretending to be shocked by their answers like they're really saying something.  "Wow, (Blank), that's a pretty strong statement."  "Boy, (Blank) you had a reaction to that."  "Wow, (Blank) so he's probably talking about you."  Just shut up.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You have absolutely nailed it.  She's like some kind of sea witch, and I'm trying to be complimentary here.  I don't mean it in the way people say that "Women are witches!!!"  I mean that this like this is a cool part of Survivor mythology now.  It's part of the folklore.  It's like a real fantasy show.  With the nightmares that come with it.

So great!  And I laughed hard when, after rolling her eyes and outright berating Kelley, she went down to tell her to get out of the sun.  Saltily, of course. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4