Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40: Speculation and Spoilers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I have a hard time deciding whether I will watch season 40. There are many people I dislike / hate from there (Rob, Tyson, Ben to name a few) but the one I can't honestly stomach is Parvati. She represents everyting I hate in the female gender and she is the example of the woman I would fear my daughter (if I had one) would become. I am absolutely disgusted by her. I think I will just read your comments here. And with the Edge of Extinction coming back we know there is no chance we get rid of them sooner or later. They will all be there till the end.

• Love 3

Oh, come on, watch please!  The way I look at it, some of those that I loved before will be maybe not so much now.  Some of those I didn’t care for may turn out to be my new favorite.  Never know. 

The worst thing that can happen is that we change the channel.  No?

• Love 5

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread.

I'm on the fence about watching S40.  While I'm interested in seeing past winners battle it out (and I've seen every episode since day 1), I really really hated the Edge of Extinction concept.  S38 had the least satisfying conclusion of any season ever, and I can't bear to watch another season with someone who hardly played at all winning out of the losers bracket.  The plethora of advantages and idols detracts from the game, but the losers bracket outright destroys it.

So, I have an unusual request.  I have never looked at spoilers, and I don't want to be spoiled as to the actual winner.  What I would appreciate is that if anyone knows if the ultimate winner of S40 comes from the losers bracket or not.  Send me a message or quote this post and answer it in this thread (I'll click on the Notification to avoid seeing any spoilers on who the winner is).  Thanks in advance!

What I also hate is that these people will already have alliances so it won't be random who becomes alligned with whom. I guess people who have played together again or who share a similar story will become a team and players who player earlier in the years will be kind on the outs. Eww I can't even listen to some of these people voices. The only reason I kinda tolerated Rob this season was because he was smiling and trying to be funny. When he gets his arrogant tone, I want to kill him. Same with Tyson. At this moment I dislike Adam as well. The only person I like is Sarah tbh but she is not enough. Nah, listening to podcasts and reading forums will be good enough for me.

• Love 2

As it gets closer .... I'll try to change your mind again.  😀

(And anyone else too that wants to skip it. 😀😀)

It's the people that post that makes a show worth it for me.  I'm a horrible poster in my eyes  but I do so like reading what everyone has to say.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GenerationX said:

So, I have an unusual request.  I have never looked at spoilers, and I don't want to be spoiled as to the actual winner.  What I would appreciate is that if anyone knows if the ultimate winner of S40 comes from the losers bracket or not.  Send me a message or quote this post and answer it in this thread (I'll click on the Notification to avoid seeing any spoilers on who the winner is).  Thanks in advance!

If the one poster on reddit considered a semi-reliable spoiler source is correct about the winner, they will NOT be an EoE returnee. This poster has been "told" about a couple of other possible end-gamers (F3 or F4s) and at least one will be an EoE returnee but will not win. This poster did predict the fire-token thingies awhile back which has now been confirmed in the preview of S40 shown on finale night, so they do have some credibility so far.

Hope that helps!! Please watch!

• Love 2

I am looking forward to this season so much!

Yul!

I like the idea of EOE in this context because it has the potential to keep my favorites around longer.  If someone like Yul is voted out early on, at least I will still be able to see them continuing on in some fashion.  And I expect they will show more of the action on EOE than they did last time.

I do not have the memory for previous seasons that so many of you do - and I have not watched every season - so for me this will be a combination of familiar players and new-to-me players.  I expect reading other people's posts will help me better understand who everyone is and what their past history is.

• Love 7

I have no experience with EOE so I can't say I hate it or anything else about it. If it has to be used, it sounds like this is a good season for it. A lot of these players are new to me as well so I'm speculating that one of the ones I'm not familiar with will probably win.

I hope they don't water down the challenges so to speak (make them easy). I want this to be hardcore and cutthroat. They need to flipping EARN that $2 million! This past season seemed like a cakewalk as far as challenges go.

• Love 1

I get why they'd want to do EOE for this season, and I can't say I'm really complaining.  Some of these past winners I've been dying to see back, and I'd hate for them to be an early boot and that's it.  In addition, I'm sure TPTB probably want to ensure some big names stick around, too.

• Love 2

I... dunno.  

After the defecation demonstration which was S38 (EoE), I had planned on skipping S39 (IotI) entirely.  I let my old lady talk me into it, though - with a moderately healthy assist from y’all - and look at the result:

• An overturned Porta-Potti of a season so detestable TPTB were too afraid to air the finale live.
  • A fair-sized chunk of what did make it to air consisted of desperate attempts by Production to whitewash the trashing its corporate image took for mishandling sensitive (and entirely foreseeable) personnel issues.
  • Announcement of a salvage-targeted subsequent season which (a) consists solely of contestants with a vested image in continuing the whitewash of the show’s corporate image, and (b) incorporates Redemption Island - one of my most despised twists in recent years.

So no, I don’t know that I’ll be joining y’all on this show’s next shambling stumble into the corporate hog pen.  The older I am, the lower my threshold gets for tolerating slogs through pig shit.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I get why they'd want to do EOE for this season, and I can't say I'm really complaining.  Some of these past winners I've been dying to see back, and I'd hate for them to be an early boot and that's it.  In addition, I'm sure TPTB probably want to ensure some big names stick around, too.

I can understand this, as well.  They will definitely want to keep some of the big names around, and I would be sad to lose some of my favorites early.  I think the good thing with this cast, though, is that since they are all previous winners, I don't think anyone who has won before would want to see an Edge of Extinction player return and ruin the integrity of the game by winning.  I think these players have too much respect for the game to allow that to happen again, but then again, who knows? They might be so pissed at the actual finalists that they have "no choice" in their minds but to vote for whoever comes back.

43 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

What are some of your predictions?  Who will they vote out early on, who will go the distance, who has the best chance of winning?

Well, if they are smart, they will immediately target Rob and Amber, who will be an inseparable pair.  I feel like Parvati and Sandra will also have HUGE targets on their backs, going in.  I think some of the quieter, less flashy players might do well at managing their threat level.  Kim, Sophie, Michele, Nick, and Wendell, I could see doing well and going under the radar at the start.

Edited by Matteo
10 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Since some of us are familiar with some of the winners, and many of you know all of them...

What are some of your predictions?  Who will they vote out early on, who will go the distance, who has the best chance of winning?

One thing I hate about these seasons are the pre-game alliances, and how old schoolers typically get the short end of the stick because they are so far removed from the Survivor community (give or take).  It's why I like when they have a decent balance of recent seasons vs old seasons.  Yul, Ethan, Danni, Earl, Sandra, Rob, and Amber are the only pre-S20 winners (I know Rob didn't technically win under S22, but I still lump him in as an old schooler).  Sandra and Rob are obviously the exception to the rule; both started on old school seasons, but are legendary Survivor players with some recency to their resumes, and are still very much a part of the Survivor universe.  I think EOE could also be an interesting twist this season.  I've heard that the players have to go to EOE and aren't given the option like they were in S38; I'm assuming they can still raise the flag if they want out.

I think Rob, Amber, and Sandra may be in danger early on.  Sandra because she's won twice, probably would have done well in S34 had it not been for a tribe swap, and has sort of a unique gaming style.  Rob/Amber to split them up (I think they'd go after Rob first).  My hope is Adam and Ben are early boots. 

• Love 2

From the way Jeff presented season 40 I got the impression it wasn't such a good season. I would expect him to be totally excited and happy to present a season of all winners but he was just like "this us what we'll do bla bla, watch the season". I like some of the winners but I like them from when they played and won under the circumstances they won. Now they are just older and cockier and I don't find any interest in watching them compete and try to be smarter than the rest, while we know they will already have alliances they would never go against. It will be like watching football players who were stars back on the day trying to play football again or older actors who people loved in the past years having a show. It will be more sad than anything else for me. Like, accept you are no longer relevant and let the new players show their worth.

• Love 1
On 12/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, himela said:

What I also hate is that these people will already have alliances so it won't be random who becomes alligned with whom. I guess people who have played together again or who share a similar story will become a team and players who player earlier in the years will be kind on the outs. 

Yes, this bothers me a lot as well

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Rob and Amber better come into this with really strong alliances - I would think they would be the first ones targeted.

Unless something wild happens, I cannot see where they aren't the first two targeted. It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Which makes me sad, but it is what it is.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Unless something wild happens, I cannot see where they aren't the first two targeted. It just wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Which makes me sad, but it is what it is.

And this is why we have EOE this season - so they won't disappear from the game.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, himela said:

From the way Jeff presented season 40 I got the impression it wasn't such a good season. I would expect him to be totally excited and happy to present a season of all winners but he was just like "this us what we'll do bla bla, watch the season". I like some of the winners but I like them from when they played and won under the circumstances they won. Now they are just older and cockier and I don't find any interest in watching them compete and try to be smarter than the rest, while we know they will already have alliances they would never go against. It will be like watching football players who were stars back on the day trying to play football again or older actors who people loved in the past years having a show. It will be more sad than anything else for me. Like, accept you are no longer relevant and let the new players show their worth.

What annoys me is that they are making the game easier.  There's the token's, which allows them to buy food, advantages, and other items.  If they are voted off they have to will them to someone in the game.  I mean, I guess this season will have so many idols and advantages that even the worst season for that stuff will look like child's play in comparison. 

But....these are past winners.  Why make it cushy for them?  If they threw a fit why not just say 'good bye'.  Then again, I know if they couldn't get certain winners on board, they probably wouldn't have done this season to begin with.  They paid certain winners just to appear, and there were rumors that Rob waited until the last minute to sign on (many think it's because he wanted Amber, and the show didn't).  I think the show would have jumped at the chance to have both Marianos on there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Question. Does anyone really believe that the past winners will actually spend time at EOE?  I admit that I really don’t trust what we are shown on reality shows.  Same way that I really didn’t buy Sandra and Rob living on IOTI this past season. 

It’s not that it really matters I guess.  I enjoy the show as a show.  

On 7/28/2019 at 1:02 PM, Sir Vivor said:

Is it ok to post season spoilers here? If no then skip over this post.

• Lots of big names voted out premerge (Sandra/Tony/Rob/Amber).
  • 1 player chooses not to go to EOE and goes home. Everyone else stays on EOE till the end.
  • Most of the newer winners make merge. 
  • Kim/Sarah/Sophie go deep.
  • The 2nd EOE returner makes FTC. Does not win but has lots of support from EOE people.
  • FTC is 4 people.
  • Lots of idols and advantages.
  • Tyson rumored to be 1 of the EOE returners. Not confirmed 100%.
  • Kim rumored to be winner. Not confirmed 100%.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:29 PM, Sir Vivor said:

Dont know about a sign, was just told one player chooses not to do EOE and goes home.

Some updates.

• Amber/Rob/Sandra/Parvati/Tony all voted out premerge.
  • Jeff told players about EOE at start.
  • Winner is new school male.
  • Tribe swap to 3 tribes.

I have some updates... I was in LA last week for the final and season 40 was all the talk... I can clear some information now that I have more details.

• Lots of big names voted premerge. Amber/Rob/Sandra/Parvati. NOT Tony.
  • 1 player quits EOE... female.
  • FTC is 3 people... NOT 4.
  • The 2nd EOE returner makes FTC. 

Now the new information.

• Final 6 is Kim/Sarah/Sophie/Tony/Michelle/Nick.
  • Kim is the 2nd EOE returner.
  • Final 6 tribal is crazy... Lots of idols... Sarah is voted out.
  • Kim wins the final challenges.
  • Sophie voted out next.
  • Kim takes Michelle to Final 3.
  • Tony wins fire against Nick.
  • Tony wins the season.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sir Vivor said:

I have some updates... I was in LA last week for the final and season 40 was all the talk... I can clear some information now that I have more details.

Now the new information.

• Sophie voted out next.
  • Tony wins the season.

Who and why would give anyone these details? Sorry to doubt you and I have never looked at spoilers pre- or mid - season and I don't know what actually gets out there, but it seems too weird that someone from production (?) or the stuff (?) gives that much details. Would you mind elaborating?

1 hour ago, himela said:

Who and why would give anyone these details? Sorry to doubt you and I have never looked at spoilers pre- or mid - season and I don't know what actually gets out there, but it seems too weird that someone from production (?) or the stuff (?) gives that much details. Would you mind elaborating?

Survivor players talk a lot especially when the booze is flowing... Im sure most of the Survivor alumni know what happens on season 40 by now.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, Sir Vivor said:

Now the new information.

• Sophie voted out next.
  • Tony wins the season.

God I hated Tony. He better not win. I wanna enjoy this winners season. He wins and that's 3 straight shitty ending seasons 

Furthermore I'll hate Kim Michelle and whoever lets that very annoying arrogant ass get that far. 

15 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

God I hated Tony. He better not win. I wanna enjoy this winners season. He wins and that's 3 straight shitty ending seasons 

Furthermore I'll hate Kim Michelle and whoever lets that very annoying arrogant ass get that far. 

Apparently Kim was the favorite to win going in to the final Tribal because most of the EOE people liked her and wanted to vote for her. From what people were saying last week the final Tribal was quite heated and split down the middle. Some of them thought the winner of the winners season should be a player who was never voted out... those people eventually got their way.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sir Vivor said:

Apparently Kim was the favorite to win going in to the final Tribal because most of the EOE people liked her and wanted to vote for her. From what people were saying last week the final Tribal was quite heated and split down the middle. Some of them thought the winner of the winners season should be a player who was never voted out... those people eventually got their way.

so you're saying multiple players who were drunk said tony wins? The rumors of tony winning started a month ago so I just wanted to know what you heard.

2 hours ago, Sir Vivor said:

I can’t say I disagree with them. I think you should be done once you are voted out. I dislike the stupid elimination island idea and would be annoyed if an all winners season ended with some voted out winning.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I can’t say I disagree with them. I think you should be done once you are voted out. I dislike the stupid elimination island idea and would be annoyed if an all winners season ended with some voted out winning.

If Tony never got voted out that's pure stupidity on these "legends". Knowing my luck that piece of crap probably does win cause why have a good ending to the season?. 

I don't know why people dislike Tony but like Rob. I mean, Rob's behavior was really bad especially the season he "won", he was treating other players with disrespect and arrogance. Tony in my eyes was playing a role just to be entertaining. And I will never forgive the way he tricked Lex. 

• Love 2

So SurvivorsUnite awoke from hibernation and posted a few things on Sucks today.  He hinted he may start dropping the bootlist tomorrow but we shall and wait and see. Anyway here is some of what he posted.

"How the Tokens will work - I do not have full details (nor did I care enough to ask much about it) but from I understood is that there will be boards (I picture like bulletin boards) at the camps and players can pick what they would like / want. They then need to obtain money in order to receive said items (I imagine it's the wooden boards shown in the preview on Finale night).

The Jury - Everyone except 1 and the finalists. 

EOE - The Survivors know they have a chance to get back in the game. They know they would not have an option to stay or go at first shot. The one who leaves EOE leaves the minute the next voted off player arrives...does not hesitate. At the end none of the players liked EOE.

Placement - Michele Fitzgerald does not win❤and she is not the only one watching you guys hereand elsewhere. But I am sure I've told ya'll that before..

Reminder - Keep in mind as I have previously have said...friendships & anything alliance related went out the window real quick with the 2million announcement. Brace yourselves for many blindsides and betrayals. I hope all of my favs survive"

also this....

"Two things....
- No one liked the EOE concept..they had preferred a RI type of thing. They also do not agree with someone being voted out winning....
- I never said the person who leaves EOE does so b/c of who arrives after them....I said they leave the second the following player arrives"

"Boston Rob, Sandra and Parv. All 3 knew going in they were in trouble and they knew they probably stood no chance if things did not go their way....the newbies were in for a surprise b/c enough old schoolers / legends had banned together."

and finally this regarding Rob and Amber...

"Production / Probst wanted both Marianos back....one way or another they were gonna make it happen. She won the 1st All-star season and was on S2 (the shows most popular), she also married Boston Rob an icon of the show. They were not taking no for an answer and this was the only other season they thought made sense to bring them both back for.....the other was the 1st BvW which they were approached for but both declined. They wanted them both so bad that they extended the same offer to Amber as they did to 3 of the shows biggest legends. She was the casted mystery to many (even Redmon was surprised when I told him she was going)....they wanted to keep it quiet b/c they knew letting everyone know would cause too much planning against them....at least on the spot knowledge leaves less room for planning against the twosome."

• Love 1

I understand why they would do EOE again for this season (and it makes more sense), but I'm glad the contestants themselves didn't like it.  Maybe legends like these complained enough that we will never see it again.  I also hope him saying they don't agree with someone being voted off winning the game means that the jury doesn't vote for someone who spent more time on EOE than in the game itself.

I hope that the old schoolers do well (well, Yul and Danni).  I think it'd be kind of cool to see Amber outlast Rob by a long time and see how she does after all these years.  Frankly, I never thought Amber was much of a Survivor player as much as she was a coat tail rider.  Maybe she'd surprise me after all these years.  I'd be fine to see the backs of Adam and Ben in the first couple of episodes.  I really don't want to see this season dominated by the after S30 crowd.  

Many people believe it's Amber, Yul, or Parvati who raise the flag and leave the game, though the rumors are saying it's a female, and Amber and Parvati just seem like good guesses because of their kids (especially Parvati, who I think had just given birth a few months earlier?)  Some think Yul because of his job back home.    

• Useful 1

So the pot is 2 million?  

When I try to think of players I like, they are all old school.  I can never even remember new school players unless I hated them.  I think that says a lot about the rote nature the game has become as everyone knows the "rules" (stick with the numbers, alliances, jury management etc.).  They keep playing with the game to counteract that but not enough to force new ways of playing.  The closest I remember was the season with the short term alliances (I can't remember what they called it).  Maybe rather than being voted out they should go to and EoE or RI for some other reason.  
  I couldnt stand Michelle so thats going to be hard (her and her tiger petting zoo ways).  I don't remember some of the others.  Tony was entertaining and memorable at least.  
In a game where everyone knows the strategy I wonder if Tony's advantage is his hyper sometimes chaotic, different  way of thinking.  I wonder if Yul does his...whatever that was, percentages....

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, LadyChatts said:

Many people believe it's Amber, Yul, or Parvati who raise the flag and leave the game, though the rumors are saying it's a female, and Amber and Parvati just seem like good guesses because of their kids (especially Parvati, who I think had just given birth a few months earlier?)  Some think Yul because of his job back home.    

SurvivorsUnite  posted today on Sucks that neither of the Marianos quit EOE so that takes Amber of the list (assuming it is true). He has also said that nobody flies home early so that would take the hypothetical reasoning for someone like Parvati to quit.  Not that I can see her quitting because she is way too competitive a person and she is actually good in challenges.

1 hour ago, meatball77 said:

Maybe the person that quits is someone older.  Tina maybe?

Tina's not on this season.  I think Denise is the oldest.  For some reason, I feel like whoever it is is going to be really surprising to us.  Amber and Parvati were just good, but obvious, guesses.  Some even thought Amber or Rob would do it to help the other person out, but I couldn't see Rob just giving up like that.  And if the person doesn't fly home early, then it couldn't be someone who did it for their job or family.  So is the person bitter, think they stand no chance, or just got what they wanted out of the experience?  

Do we know if the person pulls the flag and still makes the jury?

Edited by LadyChatts

If I was playing and EoE existed, I Would not hang around if I didn’t have a legit shot at winning to get back in. Additional hardship with little hope of returning vs comfy bed, food and a vacation? Screw EoE.

• Love 6
On 1/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, LadyChatts said:

Tina's not on this season.  I think Denise is the oldest.  For some reason, I feel like whoever it is is going to be really surprising to us.  Amber and Parvati were just good, but obvious, guesses.  Some even thought Amber or Rob would do it to help the other person out, but I couldn't see Rob just giving up like that.  And if the person doesn't fly home early, then it couldn't be someone who did it for their job or family.  So is the person bitter, think they stand no chance, or just got what they wanted out of the experience?  

The quitter is an old schooler, not a new schooler.

The quitter is not on the jury.

I believe the winner is between Nick and Tyson.

• Love 1
On 12/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, LadyChatts said:

I can't deal with another EOE for any reason.  Because of all the big names, I could maybe deal with a Redemption Island type situation, where players voted off got a 2nd chance, but had to earn their continued presence in the game over and over, in duels.   But, EOE is a deal breaker for me.  It is not Survivor.   

I doubt I will watch, but I at least hope they won't had freaking idols to the players who were voted out and then made it back into the game.  If they must have EOE, an EOE returnee should be at a disadvantage, not be handed a huge advantage. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

I'll go with the person who went to the finale and heard from multiple players that tony wins. 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:38 PM, LadyChatts said:

The person that quits EOE is Sandra... she is not on jury.

Edited by Sir Vivor
On 1/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, anthonyd46 said:

I would not care if Nick won as he was on one of the better newer seasons.  But hell no to Tyson, I think I despise him out of all of the players in this cast.

I am good with Tony winning if he is the winner.  Granted I would rather it be Kim because she is one of my favorite winners (Her, Yul, and Earl are my trinity of favorite winners).

Oddly enough I am far more excited for the up coming Australian Survivor All-Star season than I am for this.  There is no comparison, I like the cast better and there are no horrible twists that I am aware of. 

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 3

I think my lack of Tyson love is more a personality thing then game play. Tyson is not a bad player, he is swarmy but he knows the game pretty well. He can get into his own head too much and that can cause issues for his game play. He thinks far too much of himself and not in the overly exaggerated that makes you roll your eyes.

• Love 4
On 1/7/2020 at 7:29 PM, Sir Vivor said:

The person that quits EOE is Sandra... she is not on jury.

I think I remember hearing that way back.  Which, is kind of surprising, especially since she doesn't even make it to the jury.  I wonder why?  Unless it is a case of her believing she has zero chance, so why suffer?

I would not care if Nick won as he was on one of the better newer seasons.  But hell no to Tyson, I think I despise him out of all of the players in this cast.

I am good with Tony winning if he is the winner.  Granted I would rather it be Kim because she is one of my favorite winners (Her, Yul, and Earl are my trinity of favorite winners).

I was hoping for an old schooler (Yul, Danni, or Earl), or even Amber might have been interesting.  I probably have a shorter list of who I don't want to win, and Tyson is definitely on that side.  I could never stand him.  I'd be okay with Nick, or Tony, who I'd like to see redeem himself after Game Changers.   

19 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I think my lack of Tyson love is more a personality thing then game play. Tyson is not a bad player, he is swarmy but he knows the game pretty well. He can get into his own head too much and that can cause issues for his game play. He thinks far too much of himself and not in the overly exaggerated that makes you roll your eyes.

Same here.  There are some people who can pull off swarmy asshole and there are some who cannot. Tyson is one who cannot.  I also don't think he is a terrible player but I am not sure I would rank him anything but average.  Yes he won but at the end of the day he lost horribly in HvV and I honestly cannot recall why he got voted out during his first season.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:37 AM, BK1978 said:

Oddly enough I am far more excited for the up coming Australian Survivor All-Star season than I am for this.  There is no comparison, I like the cast better and there are no horrible twists that I am aware of. 

I despise Tony so I wont be ok if he wins. I'd be fine with Nick or Kim 

• Love 3