Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40: Speculation and Spoilers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Great, so now some undeserving player who gets voted out pre-merge will win $2 million. 🙂

I bet they had to double the prize to get 20 winners to come back.  I was surprised they were able to get that many.  Now it makes more sense.  

Not to mention that according to the spoiler SurvivorsUnite over on Sucks atleast 4 players are getting paid 100k or more just to appear on this season.

Edited by LanceM
(edited)

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-to-shake-up-the-family-visit-39238?fbclid=IwAR2sXl0EGR6edJbUS6Nd3cAEOttr1HJhxThN1mQhVVc2qL856KwYTpD3VOY

In addition to everything else they are pampering the winners with this year, now everyone gets a family member to visit them (including the EOE cast offs).  And it won't be just one member visiting them-it will be several.

Once again, something spoiler sleuths were relying on (family members following other family members on SM) has gone out the window as to who was still in the game.  I'm half wondering if this was to throw off any potential spoilers as well as making this a sweet deal to get certain winners to return.

Personally I hate the family visit, so this is a no for me.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Yeah I fully expect the 4 mini-Ambers to show up with one of their adult relatives. And of course John Fincher is undoubtedly going to show up with Parvati's baby as well.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, LadyChatts said:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-to-introduce-new-game-twist-39205

So apparently, the castaways are getting Survivor currency-as in money they can use to buy creature comforts throughout the game.  If someone wills them something from EOE they have to pay for it, and if they take it then the person from EOE gets the money.  When they are voted out, they have to leave their money to someone else in the game.  So it’s basically like a season long Survivor Auction/Legacy Advantage.  

The more I hear about this season, the I want to skip it.  The above sounds terrible and I really cannot see how it enhances the game.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2019 at 3:40 PM, LadyChatts said:

Now I’m hoping more and more it’s Michele.  I also hope whatever idols and advantages are on EOE to be given to players still in the game go to Michele.  Anything to see Probst have to clench his teeth and force a smile!

If it makes Probst miserable, I'm all for it.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-to-shake-up-the-family-visit-39238?fbclid=IwAR2sXl0EGR6edJbUS6Nd3cAEOttr1HJhxThN1mQhVVc2qL856KwYTpD3VOY

In addition to everything else they are pampering the winners with this year, now everyone gets a family member to visit them (including the EOE cast offs).  And it won't be just one member visiting them-it will be several.

Once again, something spoiler sleuths were relying on (family members following other family members on SM) has gone out the window as to who was still in the game.  I'm half wondering if this was to throw off any potential spoilers as well as making this a sweet deal to get certain winners to return.

Personally I hate the family visit, so this is a no for me.

It honestly looks like they are trying to intentionally create the worst season of Survivor ever.  

IMO, this bodes very poorly for the future of the show. TPTB seem to have completely forgotten how to maximize the chances of a good season and think layering one unpopular gimmick on top of another is the answer.   

If they had a crappy cast, it might be more understandable.  But, they have 20 winners playing, so there would have been tons of fan interest and interesting game play without any gimmicks.  It would have been a perfect time to roll back the advantages and gimmicks and play a more minimalist version of Survivor.  

• Love 9

According to SurvivorsUnite the premiere for season 40 will be 2 hours long and all episodes will be 90 minutes. I hope this is true because one of the things I hated about EOE was the fact that it took time away from the people actually playing the game. An extra 30 minutes an episode will go a long way to fixing that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

According to SurvivorsUnite the premiere for season 40 will be 2 hours long and all episodes will be 90 minutes. I hope this is true because one of the things I hated about EOE was the fact that it took time away from the people actually playing the game. An extra 30 minutes an episode will go a long way to fixing that.

Now I'm curious if this means that the winner is an EOE cast off (since one of many complaints we got from last season was that we barely got to see Chris until the very end).  Or if the big names get voted off early.  I would have loved for this concept for last season as well, but I get why they are doing it for an all winners season.

It honestly looks like they are trying to intentionally create the worst season of Survivor ever. 

Probst has said repeatedly he didn't want an all winners season anytime soon, if ever, so I'd find it humorous if he did anything and everything to try and make this season bad so he could say 'told ya so.'   

• Love 5

I'm just not looking forward to it anymore. I was thinking they had really jumped the shark with the big ass statues on 39. Now all this for 40? I guess they had to promise a lot of these players the sun and moon to get them back.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NurseGiGi said:

I'm just not looking forward to it anymore. I was thinking they had really jumped the shark with the big ass statues on 39. Now all this for 40? I guess they had to promise a lot of these players the sun and moon to get them back.

Yeah, I was excited but this is all too much.  If this is what they had to do to get certain winners back, it makes me think less of those people, and the fact that they are essentially cushioning people who won the game the first time by making it easier for them this time.  I'm sure we'll get the typical Probst spin about the Survivor currency ('this could be a Mike Holloway situation where people make false promises to get people to spend their money!') and the family members visit.  EOE I honestly don't mind too terribly, I just wish they wouldn't have someone come back so late in the game.  

The statues are so tacky they are hysterical.  

On 7/19/2019 at 7:21 PM, LanceM said:

The 90 minutes would give more time to cover EOE and camp.

On the other hand, it is just 50% more meaningless Survivor to sit through.  Why should I waste an hour and a half every Wednesday to watch nobody get eliminated and nothing change?  

Is it ok to post season spoilers here? If no then skip over this post.

• Lots of big names voted out premerge (Sandra/Tony/Rob/Amber).
  • 1 player chooses not to go to EOE and goes home. Everyone else stays on EOE till the end.
  • Most of the newer winners make merge. 
  • Kim/Sarah/Sophie go deep.
  • The 2nd EOE returner makes FTC. Does not win but has lots of support from EOE people.
  • FTC is 4 people.
  • Lots of idols and advantages.
  • Tyson rumored to be 1 of the EOE returners. Not confirmed 100%.
  • Kim rumored to be winner. Not confirmed 100%.
  • Love 3

Of course it is ok to post spoilers here however unless those spoilers come from a well established source with a proven track record these spoilers will be taken with a huge grain of salt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

Of course it is ok to post spoilers here however unless those spoilers come from a well established source with a proven track record these spoilers will be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Thankyou. 

17 hours ago, Sir Vivor said:

1 player chooses not to go to EOE and goes home. Everyone else stays on EOE till the end.

Assuming this is true, my money is on this most likely being Amber.  She'll see the decision point, say something about how Rob will definitely stay so she doesn't need to, then she'll head home to the girls.

If it's not her, it'll be Rob.  For the same reasons.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Sir Vivor said:

• 1 player chooses not to go to EOE and goes home. Everyone else stays on EOE till the end.
  • The 2nd EOE returner makes FTC. Does not win but has lots of support from EOE people.
  • FTC is 4 people.

If this is true, the only good things are Rob and Amber going early, someone skipping EoE, and Kim being the likely winner. There's not one single other recommendation from that list. Hope it's not true. 

5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Assuming this is true, my money is on this most likely being Amber.  She'll see the decision point, say something about how Rob will definitely stay so she doesn't need to, then she'll head home to the girls.

I think its Tony but not 100% sure.

It could also be Parvati.  She just had a baby and is already getting $100,000 just for showing up. 

That said I’m pretty skeptical of any spoiler right now.  Before everyone had spoilers that had no mention of EOE or any other twist this season, and suddenly spoilers are coming out that include it.  

• Love 2

I'm skeptical, too. It's true that returning players have looser lips. But with EOE (and a chance to get back into the game), everyone gets a family visit, food on EOE, increased prize money--it seems that TPTB are including everything under the sun to discourage spoilers and make them harder to verify.

A Kim win, though: wouldn't that be awesome.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, cherrypj said:

I'm skeptical, too. It's true that returning players have looser lips. But with EOE (and a chance to get back into the game), everyone gets a family visit, food on EOE, increased prize money--it seems that TPTB are including everything under the sun to discourage spoilers and make them harder to verify.

A Kim win, though: wouldn't that be awesome.

I understand.

Producers definitely running tight ship this season but players still have loose lips. The info came from past player.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, Sir Vivor said:

• FTC is 4 people.

Impossible the sign isnt there they are just brought to EOE. They also can't quit until the next person arrives.

One thing though regarding final 4 someone on reddit posted about that a few hours before the person here 

interesting but this person could have copycatted from Reddit however I usually don't see spoilers leak here before anywhere else usually it's just someone posting things already out there 

On 7/29/2019 at 1:31 AM, SVNBob said:

Parvati, I have a new baby.  By all accounts the older big name greats just have too big a tgt to think they are going to win so might as well go back to baby.  

12 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Parvati, I have a new baby.  By all accounts the older big name greats just have too big a tgt to think they are going to win so might as well go back to baby.  

Fair point.  That makes 3 likely and reasonable candidates for a lone departure.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, marys1000 said:

Theres no sign. They are forced to go to EOE and can't leave until the next person comes. They are also stuck at ponderosa the whole time if they quit EOE.

32 minutes ago, LanceM said:

If a player wants to go home they can go home. Production can't stop them. That being said I don't see Parvati leaving. She is way too much of a competitor.

We already have verified information from SurvivorsUnite that no one went home. At least one person quit EOE and went to Ponderosa, but no one went home.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:38 PM, anthonyd46 said:

Impossible the sign isnt there they are just brought to EOE. They also can't quit until the next person arrives.

Dont know about a sign, was just told one player chooses not to do EOE and goes home.

Some updates.

• Amber/Rob/Sandra/Parvati/Tony all voted out premerge.
  • Jeff told players about EOE at start.
  • Winner is new school male.
  • Tribe swap to 3 tribes.
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, Sir Vivor said:

Dont know about a sign, was just told one player chooses not to do EOE and goes home.

Some updates.

• Amber/Rob/Sandra/Parvati/Tony all voted out premerge.
  • Jeff told players about EOE at start.
  • Winner is new school male.
  • Tribe swap to 3 tribes.

ok anything else?

Yeah I think I will take these spoilers with a huge grain of salt. Just as I am with the spoiler a few weeks ago that had Tyson/Sarah/Kim in the F3 to this weeks spoiler du jour that has a final 3 of Parvati/Kim/Ethan. Though personally I kind of wish this one happens.

Wake me up in January....

• Love 2

Boy, do I find it difficult to believe these winners would let Parvati sniff the final 3. I believe the rest, but I'm skeptical about that one.

I wasn't even looking for spoilers on Instagram, when some random person posted a rumor that Adam is indeed out, pre-merge. So, I thought I'd bring that over for everyone.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, BK1978 said:

Well if Kim does end up the winner I think I could force myself to watch.  She is one of my favorite winners.

Me too. And we live in the same city and have a mutual friend. She of course said she just got back but Kim’s not spilling. BUT, HGTV was filming her last week, she could possibly have her own show soon since she’s an interior designer. 

• Love 3

Since the last episode of S39 aired, I've been thinking about the prize Janet could have won had she decided to take on the challenge at IotI; the "Safety Without Power".  For some reason, I get the feeling that was brought up in S39, because we may see it again in S40.

We know that S40 is going to be an EoE season, and that there are two categories of advantages hidden on the Edge.  There's the advantages for the Return from the Edge challenges that those on the Edge can use.  But there's also advantages they can send to an ally still in the main game.  This "Safety Without Power" feels like an advantage designed with that mechanic in mind.

It also sounds more like an advantage that an experienced player would be more likely to use than a newbie like Janet.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I suspect TPTB are breathing a sigh of relief they didn't put Richard Hatch on this season.

There is a thread at Survivor Sucks that argues that Richard was a last minute pull, with Ethan as the replacement, potentially because of the Kellee/Dan situation. The other theory is that Richard wanted a larger sum of guaranteed money to pay and Production refused to pay it.

40 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

There is a thread at Survivor Sucks that argues that Richard was a last minute pull, with Ethan as the replacement, potentially because of the Kellee/Dan situation. The other theory is that Richard wanted a larger sum of guaranteed money to pay and Production refused to pay it.

That's disappointing, if true.  

• Love 1

I am ALL IN on this all winners season.  Even with the EOE stuff.  If they really go to 90 minutes per episode, that would be fantastic, because I'm sure there's going to be a lot going on, and these are professional Survivor winners committed to making good TV.

I do love Boston Rob.  I know people think his win was handed to him, and in some ways they are correct since it was him on a tribe with a bunch of starstruck newbies.  But he was 100% up front with them and told them point blank they should vote him out, because he was going to steamroller all over them.  And they didn't.  And he steamrollered all over them.  It was a pleasure to watch him hustle and work and network his way to FTC.  He didn't lay back like a king on his throne to have the win plopped in his lap.  He sweated for it, and won it. He is one of a kind, and has an ego as big as the great outdoors, but he's got that twinkle in his eye that makes it all OK.  I think if anyone else came on the show with that same sort of charisma and charm combined with street smarts, they would win as well.

I think Amber is underrated as a player, and it will be interesting to see her again.  She's fully BR's partner, and I did like their turn on The Amazing Race.  If there really is an Amber-Boston Rob-Tyson-Sandra-Parvati super-alliance, I'm sure that will be recognized by the other players--all winners with good instincts, no newbie victims at all--and targeted immediately, charm or no charm.  Some are tighter than others, but they all know each other.  They move in Survivor alumni circles and attend events together as Survivor players.  They know going in what's up.  I doubt all five people will be in the same tribe from the get-go, but others in the tribe will recognize that possibility and may target A-BR-T-S-P early on so as to prevent that strong voting block going into the merge.  Sandra's "anybody but me" strategy makes her a bit of a wild card in any alliance.  This should be interesting.

There's a lot of egos here.  I wonder if it will be less about the money, and more about being crowned the "Ultimate" Survivor.  If it is about the money, the weaker players will be kept in, and the strong players will be targeted.  If it is about being the best of the best of the best, it may be that the weaker players go first, leaving the titans to clash it out.  I am really hoping for the latter, which may actually happen if they've been privately told they will be rewarded for good TV.

Yul and Kim are my favorite winners.  Cerebral, calm, honorable, ruthless, and strong.  Ethan is also a sentimental favorite, just because he seemed like such a good guy during his season and had so much fun with it.  Who could forget his bouncing brown curls and grinning face during his visit to the village and playing soccer with all the kids?

• Love 6
On 11/19/2019 at 5:36 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Yul and Kim are my favorite winners.  Cerebral, calm, honorable, ruthless, and strong.  Ethan is also a sentimental favorite, just because he seemed like such a good guy during his season and had so much fun with it.  Who could forget his bouncing brown curls and grinning face during his visit to the village and playing soccer with all the kids?

I love these folks too.  Going to be interesting to see how the players of Survivor-Classic do against those more experienced with NuSurvivor.

• Love 4

I was SO hoping for an all-winners season free from islands - redemption, exile, ghost, extinction or otherwise.  On an all-winners season, I want to see the PLAYERS PLAY.  I don't want to see them sitting on an island doing nothing.  I wanted so bad for this season to go back to old school Survivor, with limited idols, twists, turns...and new this season - tokens??

That said, I am very much looking forward to seeing the strategy of these proven winners, who are all very real threats for different reasons.  Yul, Kim, Ethan, the Marianos, Kim, Denise, Jeremy....I hope this season renews my love for this show.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4