Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Whimsy

Season 40 Speculation and Spoilers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, apparently she was only cast on All-Stars because Elisabeth Hasselbeck said no. She was doing The View at the time. The world works in mysterious ways doesn't it?

I forgot about that!  And Colleen from Borneo turned it down, too, and that’s also how’s Jenna Lewis got on.

We might have missed out on the best moment of AS had Amber not been there-which was Lex keeping Amber around for the sake of friendship with Rob, and then being dumbfounded when Rob went back on his word to keep him, Kathy, and Tom safe.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2019 at 3:20 AM, LadyChatts said:

I would have liked Tina back, but considering she’s been back twice, I’m glad they are giving someone else a chance.

I've always liked Tina.  She got a bad rap for winning Australia only because Colby didn't like Keith and took her to the finals.  She suffered in All Stars with the "vote out the winners first" mentality.  But she redeemed herself in Blood vs. Water and won her way back into the game.  I would have loved to have seen her again.  I don't think "she's played too many times" should have been a factor, because... Rob.  Played four times AND he's going to be some kind of coach on the next season.  Too much Rob.

I would have loved to have seen Vecepia again.  I would have much rather have seen her (I believe she is the only African-American female winner to date) than this sea of forgettable white female faces.  I'm sure the producers really really wanted Natalie Anderson and Yul on the show for the diversity factor.

I think Chris Underwood should have been given a slot, if only because a lot of people are asterisking his win and I think he deserves a second chance to prove the doubters wrong.  

I would have preferred to have seen anyone but Adam Klein (won because he exploited his dying mother) or Ben the Marine (in the battle of the Producers' Darlings, who is going to get the most planted Idols - him or Rob).  I dislike Tony and Tyson because I think they are aggressive asses but not surprised to see them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I've always liked Tina.  She got a bad rap for winning Australia only because Colby didn't like Keith and took her to the finals.  She suffered in All Stars with the "vote out the winners first" mentality.  But she redeemed herself in Blood vs. Water and won her way back into the game.  I would have loved to have seen her again.  I don't think "she's played too many times" should have been a factor, because... Rob.  Played four times AND he's going to be some kind of coach on the next season.  Too much Rob.

I would have loved to have seen Vecepia again.  I would have much rather have seen her (I believe she is the only African-American female winner to date) than this sea of forgettable white female faces.  I'm sure the producers really really wanted Natalie Anderson and Yul on the show for the diversity factor.

I think Chris Underwood should have been given a slot, if only because a lot of people are asterisking his win and I think he deserves a second chance to prove the doubters wrong.  

I would have preferred to have seen anyone but Adam Klein (won because he exploited his dying mother) or Ben the Marine (in the battle of the Producers' Darlings, who is going to get the most planted Idols - him or Rob).  I dislike Tony and Tyson because I think they are aggressive asses but not surprised to see them.

I would have rather seen more old schoolers just for a better balance, but Tina and Vee seem like the only ones that didn't have some conflict or health issue or are blackballed by producers.  Probst didn't really like Marquesas, and never seemed to care for Vee.  I wish CBS had overruled him on that just because lol  

I actually don't think Ben will be a producer darling this time around.  Of the men, I'm willing to bet that they will do whatever they can to keep the likes of Tyson, Tony, and Rob safe.  Of the women, Probst probably has no use for you unless your name is Amber, Sandra, or Parvati.  I'm praying to the Survivor gods that Adam is a first boot, or at least gone before the merge.  He's probably my least favorite winner ever, and giving some of the winners who came before him, that's saying something.  I am curious to see how he manages to play the game without having the ace of breaking into tears for sympathy to fall back on. 

I read another post show interview with Victoria, and I really don't think Chris is all that great at this game.  It sounds like he was pretty much fed information-something about Ron giving him a note to give to Julie, or for him to work with Julie-and coached by Wardog on what to do if he got back in the game.  I guess whoever got back into the game was instructed to throw the first IC and then convince Lauren to give them her idol, just to show that they could manage to survive a vote without the safety of immunity.  I think the only impressive thing he did was give up immunity to make fire.  He got lucky there, but hey, he had all the time in the world to practice.  It just sounds like some of his moves were more what they agreed on EOE to do when they got back in the game.   

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Adam Klein (won because he exploited his dying mother)

I hate to beat this dead horse again, but is there anyone who believes Hannah or Ken is the rightful winner of mvgx? Adam won because he got rid of David and Jay, and was the only one at the end who the jury thought did anything. I doubt that Adam's sob story turned 6 people who would've voted for Hannah or Ken.

Was what he did in bad taste and exploitative? Yes, I can see that. But I have a hard time thinking that of the three at the end, Hannah or Ken were "robbed" (and certainly not in the way Chrissy was robbed in Heroes Healers Hustlers, or even how Dom was robbed in Ghost Island).

To me, it's more along the lines of "Adam is a bad winner, and what he did was in poor taste, and I'll never root for him because of it" than "Adam only won because of his sob story," which would mean Hannah or Ken would've won, had it not been for Adam's sob story, and I don't think the latter is true. Like Chris Underwood, he was kind of the best option of the three that were left, to me.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I hate to beat this dead horse again, but is there anyone who believes Hannah or Ken is the rightful winner of mvgx? Adam won because he got rid of David and Jay, and was the only one at the end who the jury thought did anything. I doubt that Adam's sob story turned 6 people who would've voted for Hannah or Ken.

Was what he did in bad taste and exploitative? Yes, I can see that. But I have a hard time thinking that of the three at the end, Hannah or Ken were "robbed" (and certainly not in the way Chrissy was robbed in Heroes Healers Hustlers, or even how Dom was robbed in Ghost Island).

To me, it's more along the lines of "Adam is a bad winner, and what he did was in poor taste, and I'll never root for him because of it" than "Adam only won because of his sob story," which would mean Hannah or Ken would've won, had it not been for Adam's sob story, and I don't think the latter is true. Like Chris Underwood, he was kind of the best option of the three that were left, to me.

I co-sign this. I agree with everything you said. I don't think Hannah & David had a shot anyway. I don't even know if the sob story was needed. Just as when Jeremy used one for his win. I'm not sure how much the personal stuff weighs with the jury in getting a vote. It will be interesting to see how he plays since he was such a recent player/winner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I hate to beat this dead horse again, but is there anyone who believes Hannah or Ken is the rightful winner of mvgx? Adam won because he got rid of David and Jay, and was the only one at the end who the jury thought did anything. I doubt that Adam's sob story turned 6 people who would've voted for Hannah or Ken.

Was what he did in bad taste and exploitative? Yes, I can see that. But I have a hard time thinking that of the three at the end, Hannah or Ken were "robbed" (and certainly not in the way Chrissy was robbed in Heroes Healers Hustlers, or even how Dom was robbed in Ghost Island).

To me, it's more along the lines of "Adam is a bad winner, and what he did was in poor taste, and I'll never root for him because of it" than "Adam only won because of his sob story," which would mean Hannah or Ken would've won, had it not been for Adam's sob story, and I don't think the latter is true. Like Chris Underwood, he was kind of the best option of the three that were left, to me.

50 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I co-sign this. I agree with everything you said. I don't think Hannah & David had a shot anyway. I don't even know if the sob story was needed. Just as when Jeremy used one for his win. I'm not sure how much the personal stuff weighs with the jury in getting a vote. It will be interesting to see how he plays since he was such a recent player/winner.

Agreed. Adam was winning without mentioning his Mom. And I don't think that Jeremy's mentioning his wife was pregnant had any role in his winning. I don't even think that they were being manipulative, I think they were holding back on something personal and in a moment of stress and at the end of sleep/food deprivation they released info that they had not shared. And I think they held it back precisely because they knew that people will latch on to any reason as being a good reason to vote someone out.

I don't think that Dom was robbed. I think Dom and Wendell played as a team for most of the game and we simply heard more from Dom because Dom was louder. But they shared decision making responsibilities and both of them ignored opportunities to vote out the other.

Chrissy is the one who I thought was robbed but that is only because of the introduction of the new fire challenge which no one could prepare for. They should have been able to vote out Ben and were not able to do so.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Agreed. Adam was winning without mentioning his Mom. And I don't think that Jeremy's mentioning his wife was pregnant had any role in his winning. I don't even think that they were being manipulative, I think they were holding back on something personal and in a moment of stress and at the end of sleep/food deprivation they released info that they had not shared. And I think they held it back precisely because they knew that people will latch on to any reason as being a good reason to vote someone out.

I don't think that Dom was robbed. I think Dom and Wendell played as a team for most of the game and we simply heard more from Dom because Dom was louder. But they shared decision making responsibilities and both of them ignored opportunities to vote out the other.

Chrissy is the one who I thought was robbed but that is only because of the introduction of the new fire challenge which no one could prepare for. They should have been able to vote out Ben and were not able to do so.

I keep forgetting the fire twist wasn't known at first. Then Ben kept finding the idols even before that was found out. I still don't like the fire making twist whether it's known or unknown. There is no point in working the game in the Final 4/5 if the 4th person is going to have a chance (and, possibly win) if they are given the chance at the fire making. I.don't.like.it.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I keep forgetting the fire twist wasn't known at first. Then Ben kept finding the idols even before that was found out. I still don't like the fire making twist whether it's known or unknown. There is no point in working the game in the Final 4/5 if the 4th person is going to have a chance (and, possibly win) if they are given the chance at the fire making. I.don't.like.it.

Yeah, Chrissy won the final four immunity and was super excited because she knew she was likely to win the game. Ryan and whats his face, were not likely to beat her at final tribal. Ben was devastated because he knew he was going home. Chrissy is handed an advantage and goes off to read it and learns that she gets to choose one person to go to the finals with her and that the other two will be making fire. You could see her face fall.

I think she might have even said that it was bullshit in her confessional, in slightly politer terms. Every season after included the fire challenge and people knew it was coming. Dom flat out said he should have passed off immunity and gone and made fire against Wendell. Dom knew that Wendell had a chance of beating him in the final.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I would have rather seen more old schoolers just for a better balance, but Tina and Vee seem like the only ones that didn't have some conflict or health issue or are blackballed by producers. 

Doesn't Tina have rheumatoid arthritis?  It didn't seem like an obstacle when she played before, but who knows now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

To me, it's more along the lines of "Adam is a bad winner, and what he did was in poor taste, and I'll never root for him because of it" than "Adam only won because of his sob story," which would mean Hannah or Ken would've won, had it not been for Adam's sob story, and I don't think the latter is true.

Ugh, but I agree. Also, I find it more annoying that he used his mom's death when he didn't even need to then I would if he used it as a final ploy to win or something tbh. Anyway, Adam sucks and I truly look forward to him being booted from this season. It better happen in a spectacular fashion!

47 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Yeah, Chrissy won the final four immunity and was super excited because she knew she was likely to win the game. Ryan and whats his face, were not likely to beat her at final tribal.

Is this definite? Chrissy was so heinous. She did play a great game though. But Devon made some good moves as well and was more likeable. Probably. I can't remember how the actual players felt about Chrissy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dalton posted yesterday and it seems like the game was afoot. LOL!!! Now, we have to wait 39 Days and then till Jan/Feb 2020 to see Season 40.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh, but I agree. Also, I find it more annoying that he used his mom's death when he didn't even need to then I would if he used it as a final ploy to win or something tbh. Anyway, Adam sucks and I truly look forward to him being booted from this season. It better happen in a spectacular fashion!

Is this definite? Chrissy was so heinous. She did play a great game though. But Devon made some good moves as well and was more likeable. Probably. I can't remember how the actual players felt about Chrissy.

Ryan had no shot, Devon might have but everything Devon claimed as a big move was not really a big move. He worked with other people and claimed, in his talking heads, that he came up with the ideas. Nothing that we saw actually pointed to that.

Chrissy was not a guaranteed win, she was not the most pleasant person out there and was very defensive in her confessionals. She could have struggled with the jury. That said, she could point to what moves that she made and why they were important and how she was clearly the one who engineered the move.

Chrissy's social game was poor enough that she was not a slam dunk but I think she would have won.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I hate to beat this dead horse again, but is there anyone who believes Hannah or Ken is the rightful winner of mvgx? Adam won because he got rid of David and Jay, and was the only one at the end who the jury thought did anything. I doubt that Adam's sob story turned 6 people who would've voted for Hannah or Ken.

Was what he did in bad taste and exploitative? Yes, I can see that. But I have a hard time thinking that of the three at the end, Hannah or Ken were "robbed" (and certainly not in the way Chrissy was robbed in Heroes Healers Hustlers, or even how Dom was robbed in Ghost Island).

To me, it's more along the lines of "Adam is a bad winner, and what he did was in poor taste, and I'll never root for him because of it" than "Adam only won because of his sob story," which would mean Hannah or Ken would've won, had it not been for Adam's sob story, and I don't think the latter is true. Like Chris Underwood, he was kind of the best option of the three that were left, to me.

Ok, I don't disagree that he would have won anyways.  Ken's only argument was that "I was the provider" and "I have a daughter".  Hannah was a complete joke... she seemed to think she was this mastermind player who completely controlled the game whereas it looked like (to this viewer at least) that she did absolutely nothing and she was brought along as the do-nothing goat.

However, I think his "my mom is dying" sob story definitely helped to solidify the unanimous vote.  Same with Jeremy Collins getting the unanimous vote after his "my wife is pregnant" sob story.  I don't disagree that these two played better than their competition in the final tribal, but it's been said before that they are among the elite group who won Survivor unanimously, and I would definitely asterisk the unanimous vote aspect.

It was just so unnecessary.  I guess in the end, I just have a lot of dislike for this guy.  I hated him from the start when he immediately adopted the Survivor Announcer role and the hate only deepened the more he kept ugly crying about his mom.  If he knew his mom was that sick, he could have deferred his position for a season or two.  Yes it was their dream for him to be on Survivor, but certainly that dream could have kept.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if "my dying mom wants to see me on Survivor" was what got him on the show in the first place. 

I have lots of hate for this massive tool.  I hope he gets voted out first and I hope he real cries about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

... Devon might have but everything Devon claimed as a big move was not really a big move. He worked with other people and claimed, in his talking heads, that he came up with the ideas. Nothing that we saw actually pointed to that.

Didn't Devon come up with the 'Ben as double agent' thing that was then attributed to Ben as a super awesome move? I'll be honest, I forget basically everything about every season like 2 minutes after it ends lol.

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

I have lots of hate for this massive tool.  I hope he gets voted out first and I hope he real cries about it.

+1. Adam haters unite!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

A since deleted tweet by Stephen Fishbach regarding who he believes will be running the game. Yes.  Pre-game alliances/friendships will be key to this season probably more so than most returnee seasons

n6jtjhsdo2031.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=

Edited by LanceM

Share this post


Link to post

Which is the biggest thing I HATE about returning player seasons.  And unfortunately, that core group are the very people TPTB would want to keep around (give or take a couple).  That said, a lot can happen with tribe swaps and idols and advantages (well, the ones Rob isn’t handed  doesn’t find).

That said, I could deal with that group if they made it to the end.  I am hoping Danni, Denise. Yul, Nick, Ethan, and Natalie do well, too.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

The only thing I like about Adam is that he indirectly got Angelina cast on the show. : )

Anyway, Redmond gives some details on the whole casting process for season 40 including who he believes was contacted, who was cut and who declinded

http://insidesurvivor.com/the-rumor-mill-whats-the-story-with-survivor-season-40-38815

That was an interesting read on the breakdown of the cast. They started May 22 and it's now the 24th so I guess the first Tribal Council is tomorrow. So exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That was an interesting read on the breakdown of the cast. They started May 22 and it's now the 24th so I guess the first Tribal Council is tomorrow. So exciting.

And the season is likely to be massively spoiled!

Yes, I like spoilers. I am sick that way

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Denise is my favorite winner and one of my all-time favorite players. I am beyond thrilled that she will be playing again, and I hope she ties Queen Sandra's record as a two-time winner!!

Overall I am really excited for this cast and this season!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

And the season is likely to be massively spoiled!

Yes, I like spoilers. I am sick that way

I don't like spoilers at all. I've only just entered here because it was still pre game. I will probably opt out after today. I don't want to take any chances. Also, I don't know how they keep any of this a secret. The pre jury people are all known people at this time. There's no way they go on a group trip to Australia and nobody notices.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't like spoilers at all. I've only just entered here because it was still pre game. I will probably opt out after today. I don't want to take any chances. Also, I don't know how they keep any of this a secret. The pre jury people are all known people at this time. There's no way they go on a group trip to Australia and nobody notices.

There are places to go where people don't watch Survivor or you rent out a location and create Ponderosa II for the pre jury. But yeah, I have no idea how this season doesn't end up spoiled.

I have always loved spoilers, I don't care if I know how something ends, the story as to how they got there is more important to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I don't like spoilers at all. I've only just entered here because it was still pre game. I will probably opt out after today. I don't want to take any chances. Also, I don't know how they keep any of this a secret. The pre jury people are all known people at this time. There's no way they go on a group trip to Australia and nobody notices.

I'm with you - I never read them and only came here now because I figured it was still safe. Just wanted to see what others were thinking about the cast. And soon I'll stay out of this thread until after the finale when I'll come back and read it all!

Edited by RescueMom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

There are places to go where people don't watch Survivor or you rent out a location and create Ponderosa II for the pre jury. But yeah, I have no idea how this season doesn't end up spoiled.

I have always loved spoilers, I don't care if I know how something ends, the story as to how they got there is more important to me.

A poster on Sucks, Survivors Unite, is friends with Sandra who spoiled GC, so I am hoping we get the same type of spoilers (for S39 as well).  I’ve never had spoilers ruin my enjoyment of anything.  If anything it gets me more excited knowing someone I can’t stand is getting booted or (like in GC) wondering how certain people made it far.  I can’t remember anyone ever being spoiled on a pre jury trip.  

Very curious who the first boot will be-a threat like Rob or Sandra, someone removed from the Survivor community like Danni, or someone just random like Tyson or Michele.

interesting, too, that it sounds like Tina was in contention but then dropped.  I know a lot of people are thinking Amber took her spot, which if true I’m not totally objecting to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

There are places to go where people don't watch Survivor or you rent out a location and create Ponderosa II for the pre jury. But yeah, I have no idea how this season doesn't end up spoiled.

I have always loved spoilers, I don't care if I know how something ends, the story as to how they got there is more important to me.

100% with you on the spoilers! And the best seasons of Survivor have always been about telling a well-edited, compelling story. Knowing the exact boot list has never been a make-or-break for me!

It’s a little Inside Baseball, but I’m a nerd, so I loved reading that timeline of how casting went down. Bummed that a couple of folks weren’t even contacted, but I also have wanted an Old School Vs New School season for a while and want to know who was contacted for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would not be shocked if We see an alliance of Kim/Parv/Sandra; which would be killer.

My biggest takeaways going into the season will be how Kim, Yul, And Danni approach this game, especially Danni and Kim ( everyone has to know how huge of a physical threat Kim is at immunity challenges, so Either she gets blindsided before merge so they snip the biggest threat, or she makes it and maybe makes another huge run) But, I am so excited to see these three back. 

Its funny, I remember Danni had a recent interview saying the Survivor producers hated her at the time. But, they must of let it go since she was wanted for H vs Villians and Game Changers.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

I would not be shocked if We see an alliance of Kim/Parv/Sandra; which would be killer.

My biggest takeaways going into the season will be how Kim, Yul, And Danni approach this game, especially Danni and Kim ( everyone has to know how huge of a physical threat Kim is at immunity challenges, so Either she gets blindsided before merge so they snip the biggest threat, or she makes it and maybe makes another huge run) But, I am so excited to see these three back. 

Its funny, I remember Danni had a recent interview saying the Survivor producers hated her at the time. But, they must of let it go since she was wanted for H vs Villians and Game Changers.

I'm curious about how Kim does. She's my favorite winner, but since her season she's had three children. But she wasn't just a physical threat.

If Kim doesn't win, I'm going to pull for anyone who only played once over the threepeaters.  Yul would be more than worthy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just hope Season 40 isn’t as personal as All Stars. Jeff said most of the cast were a pain in the a**. Survivor was still big then & a lot of them wanted to be stars again. This cast is a lot more different with friendships & social media now in play. I’m curious to see how it plays out & who wins. I do wonder if they’ll start the jury early just for the “Star” factor. If they don’t have an 2nd chance twist of some kind they might want a bigger jury for the fan favorites to look at. C’mon, 2020! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder if Sandra will have the biggest target because folks won't want her to win a 3rd time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, Eolivet said:

 Mike had to win a lot more, if I recall correctly. And there's no real strategy in "win comps and don't be awful." Even Ben actually had to go out and find idols, and had a legitimate threat in Chrissy to beat.

I would rather see someone win via comp domination (an actual part of traditional Survivor) than lame idols and advantages (not part of traditional Survivor). 

As for the list, I am relatively pleased with it except for the recency bias. Several of those people I watched little-to-not-at-all because their seasons sucked. When the game became more about idol hunts than anything else, I stopped caring so much about it. Ghost Island was the absolute worst. 

Super happy to see Kim and Sandra. Pleased to see Michele. Interested to see how Amber navigates things.

I would imagine that Sandra allies with either Rob or Amber, whichever ends up on her tribe. I would imagine the couple gets split up.

The men? Whatever. Don't necessarily hate them, but don't actually care, either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like Parvati and Rob are going to be huge ass targets (notorious winners with lots of Survivor connections) .... probably Sandra too, though she might skate by for a while.  I hope a lot of pre-show alliances don't create a very obvious, one-sided game before the merge.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Rob is very tight with Sandra as he parties every year with her in NY as they both are very close to Courtney Yates.  Tyson is Rob's best friend despite Tyson screwing up Rob's game in HvH. So Amber, Rob, Tyson and Sandra is a ready-made block.

Since they don't hold grudges I wouldn't be surprised if they pull in Parvati and she would be wise to do so. That's a deadly five-person block. Ethan as an older player will probably gravitate to them as well (plus the Amber connection plus the Boston connection). Now you've got a really strong six-player block.

With 20 players it will most likely start off with 2 teams so there will probably be at least a 3-3 split of that group or maybe a 2-4.

Yikes, they could cut through the others like a hot knife.

Pull in fellow Bostonian Jeremy and his gal Natalie and this 8 person team could dominate the first half of the game even if there's a 3 tribe switch at 18.

Wow, this will be great. I see Yul countering with a West coast alliance.

Edited by MrsR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Since some of these players whole success in life, and life, has revolved around Survivor for years, I wonder if there is a mindset of "we have to make the game great" .  Not sure how that would work but watching the core group pagong everyone else one after another isn't going to be much of a season.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, cherrypj said:

Who's in, and who's not?

Pearl Islands & HvV, Sandra Diaz-Twine

China, Todd Herzog (In rehab.)

 I loved your list I just pared it down for space purposes to say - Sandra, please no not Sandra she's a multiple chances player and I can't stand her.  It's bad enough she's back as a mentor in S39, the idea of having her on the show again as an actual player...just, no , please.

Todd on the other hand, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him mostly because I was rooting for him to get better and get his life straightened out.  I can't find any recent info or stories on-line to say how he's doing, if he's sober, how long it's been.  So I'm on the fence on that, I like the guy and if he is truly, truly better and has been for a period of time (years not months) I'd love to see him try.  But if there's any doubt at all on his side or the show's I'd rather he stay away or the keep him away then see him do something that might harm him more.

I'll throw Richard Hatch under the bus too, he can stay away.  Although with his legal troubles and his time on All Stars maybe the show won't want him and with his all around arrogant, sour, nasty attitude I imagine he'd have a huge first vote target on his back.

As for an "all winners" season; it's an interesting idea, but honestly what I've always wanted them to do was an "almost winners" season, all the people who came in second either by final tribal when they only had two left to vote for or by votes in final tribal when they went to a three finalist format.  They could throw in a few third place people if they had to pad the cast but I think they could get enough participants and I think it would have been more interesting with a group of people who bond over the experience of "almost made it".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/19/2019 at 8:42 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

 what I've always wanted them to do was an "almost winners" season, all the people who came in second either by final tribal when they only had two left to vote for or by votes in final tribal when they went to a three finalist format. 

I am all for this for several reasons -- including the chance to exclude Russel Hantz from a Runners Up season and watching him melt down on social media. Just to rub it in, we could have Survivor people going "the big get for this season was Katie Gallagher -- without her, this wouldn't have felt like a legit season."

And then include Mick Trimming as a fill-in third-place winner.

But looking at the list, all the intriguing runners-up have played multiple times, apart from those who played recently.  Is anyone eager to see Chrissy or Domenick?

As for Actual Season 40 -- is filming over for the season?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, phlebas said:

I am all for this for several reasons -- including the chance to exclude Russel Hantz from a Runners Up season and watching him melt down on social media. Just to rub it in, we could have Survivor people going "the big get for this season was Katie Gallagher -- without her, this wouldn't have felt like a legit season."

And then include Mick Trimming as a fill-in third-place winner.

But looking at the list, all the intriguing runners-up have played multiple times, apart from those who played recently.  Is anyone eager to see Chrissy or Domenick?

As for Actual Season 40 -- is filming over for the season?

I believe it ended yesterday?  And of course, boot lists and "spoilers" are already popping up, and I think there's stuff that people are reading too much into in regards to SM activity and posts.

I wish they would do another fan voted second chance season.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah this is going to be a long 6-7 months with all of these "bootlists" popping up and all these folks over on reddit/Sucks analyzing every twitter pic and every instagram post to death.  SurvivorsUnite who spoiled Sandra's last 2 seasons claims that the pl;ayers are purposely trolling fans on social media so not to trust anything. He/She also confirmed something that many had suspected which is that atleast 4 players were paid 100k or more to appear on this season.  This is totally separate from the actual winnings that they receive based on how they finish. If I had to guess these 4 players are probably Parvati, Rob, Amber and Sandra.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/07/survivor-40-edge-of-extinction/

So I guess, like S38 spoilers, anything regarding weight loss or whose following who really is officially pointless.

Chrissy made a comment during last season that this might return for an all winners season, and that they were mainly testing it out to work out any kinks.  

So between the idols at camp and the idols given to those on EOE, anyone want to take a guess how many idols Rob will have this season?

Edited by LadyChatts

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/07/survivor-40-edge-of-extinction/

So I guess, like S38 spoilers, anything regarding weight loss or whose following who really is officially pointless.

Chrissy made a comment during last season that this might return for an all winners season, and that they were mainly testing it out to work out any kinks.  

So between the idols at camp and the idols given to those on EOE, anyone want to take a guess how many idols Rob will have this season?

I saw a tweet about this today and I'm so disappointed and so tired of this show. I was so excited about an all-winners season and this has sucked all the joy out of it. 

I'm not a hard-core 'we must go back to classic survivor without idols and advantages and twists' person. I think all those things work, in moderation. But EoE? Hard nope. 

Also*: At least five. He will find three at camp (one at his original camp, one when he is conveniently switched onto the other tribe, hidden in the exact same spot, and one post-merge) and be gifted two by EoE. He will still be voted out and the final EoE challenge will be some poker-related thing and he will win his way back in. Bleh (and I LIKE Rob).

*not an actual spoiler, obvs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Now more than ever I am hoping that Michele wins again. lol

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought EOE was universally hated among the fans.  It gave us the least deserving winner in recent seasons (maybe ever).  I am not thrilled about it coming back.  To me it will cheapen the game no matter who wins.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I thought EOE was universally hated among the fans.  It gave us the least deserving winner in recent seasons (maybe ever).  I am not thrilled about it coming back.  To me it will cheapen the game no matter who wins.

Do what the fans want matter?  Or just what Probst thinks is cool?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, MissEwa said:

I saw a tweet about this today and I'm so disappointed and so tired of this show. I was so excited about an all-winners season and this has sucked all the joy out of it. 

I'm not a hard-core 'we must go back to classic survivor without idols and advantages and twists' person. I think all those things work, in moderation. But EoE? Hard nope. 

Also*: At least five. He will find three at camp (one at his original camp, one when he is conveniently switched onto the other tribe, hidden in the exact same spot, and one post-merge) and be gifted two by EoE. He will still be voted out and the final EoE challenge will be some poker-related thing and he will win his way back in. Bleh (and I LIKE Rob).

*not an actual spoiler, obvs.

I totally agree. Survivor with EOE is not Survivor at all.  Why should anyone bother to watch anything before the finale?  Literally nobody is eliminated before then.  Only a weakling and a flake quit the game in 38.   With an all winner cast there is almost no chance anyone will bow out. 

The best "strategy" might be to get voted out first, become the Mayor of EOE, win your way back in and get to FTC having never voted anyone on the jury out.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

With an all winner cast there is almost no chance anyone will bow out. 

I think this is the point of them doing EoE again.  And I think they may have thought they were doing something good for us by doing so.

Think of it this way: this is the All-Winner Season.  Every single contestant has an established track record and fan-base.  And there's a non-zero number of viewers that would tune out of the season once their favorite gets voted out. 

But, with EoE in play, and the likelihood of anyone leaving near 0%, that means that all the winners will still have a chance.  Everyone's favorite winner (from the selected 20) will most likely be there the entire duration of the show and may just win in the end.  There'll be no need to get upset and quit watching... unless you really hate EoE (like @Nashville).

So this might be a case of good intention, bad implementation.

This reasoning would also explain why they did EoE for S38.  It gave them a test run on the logistics of the format, and it also put the concept on tv for the winners to see before they encountered it live on the island.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

If I had to choose, I’d rather not see EOE ever again,  but I’m not surprised they are repeating it for a season like this.  It actually makes more sense, and probably won’t impact the outcome terribly like last time, because everyone already knows each other.  I also think it could benefit those who’ve been out of the Survivor loop for years, and therefore not in with a pre game alliance.  Since everyone assumes the likes of Rob, Sandra, and Parvati will be huge targets, I can also see why they’d want to keep those big name characters around as long as possible.

I will laugh if someone Probst absolutely hates ends up winning over one of his faves because of this twist.  Especially if it’s a Chris re-entry situation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

If I had to choose, I’d rather not see EOE ever again,  but I’m not surprised they are repeating it for a season like this.  It actually makes more sense, and probably won’t impact the outcome terribly like last time, because everyone already knows each other.  I also think it could benefit those who’ve been out of the Survivor loop for years, and therefore not in with a pre game alliance.  Since everyone assumes the likes of Rob, Sandra, and Parvati will be huge targets, I can also see why they’d want to keep those big name characters around as long as possible.

I will laugh if someone Probst absolutely hates ends up winning over one of his faves because of this twist.  Especially if it’s a Chris re-entry situation.

I disagree.  I think it makes even less sense for the all winners season.  Every player is going to have a target on his/her back.  Even if some have bigger targets than others, they will probably have pre-game alliances to protect them.

The idea of sitting through another season where the first 12 episodes mean absolutely zero is depressing.  Now that people have seen the results of the first EOE debacle, there will be no drama at all at TC and all the strategy will mean almost nothing.  

EOE actually rewards terrible game play.   

I also think that most fans would have multiple favorites out of the 20 past winners, and also several they hate and would watch in hopes of seeing them eliminated.  But, with EOE, nobody gets eliminated.  

They really need to replace Probst if they want any hope of saving this show.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-increases-prize-fund-to-2-million-dollars-39183

Looks like the prize increase Ethan asked for back during S8 is finally happening.

Great, so now some undeserving player who gets voted out pre-merge will win $2 million. :)

I bet they had to double the prize to get 20 winners to come back.  I was surprised they were able to get that many.  Now it makes more sense.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Great, so now some undeserving player who gets voted out pre-merge will win $2 million. 🙂

I bet they had to double the prize to get 20 winners to come back.  I was surprised they were able to get that many.  Now it makes more sense.  

Now I’m hoping more and more it’s Michele.  I also hope whatever idols and advantages are on EOE to be given to players still in the game go to Michele.  Anything to see Probst have to clench his teeth and force a smile!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-to-introduce-new-game-twist-39205

So apparently, the castaways are getting Survivor currency-as in money they can use to buy creature comforts throughout the game.  If someone wills them something from EOE they have to pay for it, and if they take it then the person from EOE gets the money.  When they are voted out, they have to leave their money to someone else in the game.  So it’s basically like a season long Survivor Auction/Legacy Advantage.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...