Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40: Speculation and Spoilers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

As anyone who hung out around Sucks can attest, this was crazy up-and-down rollercoaster ride, with nobody having good information. Earl's wife just had a baby, so he was widely considered not to be asked. Tina went back and forth, mainly due to IG activity. Vecepia was not asked, and went public about it. Todd was considered in, and then out (if you're going to hate Adam for something, he may have replaced Todd). Hatch was pretty much thought to be a lock, especially since he put his Scruff profile (I don't even know what that website is, not sure I want to) on "Away." Rob was touch-and-go for a bit, with rumors of him dropping out about a week ago, widely debunked (now we likely know what he negotiated for).

Social media activity (Cameos on "away" mode and IG stories of going away parties) widely confirmed Nick, Wendell and Michele early. Natalie and Parvati had twitter activity on the finale day -- but that was thought to be people posting for them. Adam had social media activity the day after the finale when no one else did, putting his spot in jeopardy (I personally think Jay was trolling all of us).

Then suddenly Chris D. deleted his social media, and his wife followed the all-winners IG, so maybe he was on? And then two people (trolls) on Twitter said they spotted Fabio at LAX? And would they actually ask Chris U.? (that was ruled out fairly quickly). And what about JT in all this? Natalie White was considered an alternate, but someone said they saw her at a grocery store. Tom Westman's cousin (?!) chimed in that he'd talked to Tom, and his health wouldn't allow him to play. There were people coming out of the woodwork being like "I saw X Survivor winner at work today."

There were competing lists, competing sources, and absolutely zero people had Ethan or Amber -- they were just not even considered. Yul was always a hope, but we didn't know because there was no way to confirm. There were tears and bloodshed and multiple locked threads, and two people who had a 15 page knock-down-drag-out fight over Nick's game in DvG ( ... don't even ask).

But at long last, the spoiler casting war is over, and we survived, and I'm home, and can't wait to discuss this season with all of you guys when it airs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

This was why I was waiting for Redmond-any one of us could have made a list, and it probably would have gotten 3/4 of the cast right.  Now we can wait for the people with "sources" who claim to have all sorts of inside info of the boot order, twists, alliances, etc.  Redmond never fully confirmed any list out there, saying that all of them had people that were wrong, and he wasn't confident with his info until they flew out.  He even went from the winner of S38 wasn't going to be on to might be on.  I could almost see them putting Chris on to sort of redeem his win.  When it was being debated whether the S38 winner was going to be on, I thought that meant a woman likely didn't win, and that Rick did.  

I think this also proves that when someone says they are done playing the game (looking at you Rob and Parvati) it doesn't mean anything long term.  I had heard the rumors of Rob dropping out, so when I saw Amber, I figured he wasn't going to be on and she was.  I'm sure TPTB are going to love having them both there.  I hope this isn't the Rob and Amber show, because this is a pretty good cast that can bring a lot. 

I wonder how they'll do the initial tribe divisions-men vs women or just a generic split. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Yeah I suspect CBS had to open up their wallet to get some of these players back. Peopel can say they never want to come back but money talks. One interesting thing about this being all winners is that it is actually one of the older casts they have had in quite a long time. Just 4 players under 30 and all of them in their late 20's.

• Love 6

Hmm. As spoilers started rolling in, I realized that the problem with a cast like this is that I have a lot of rooting interests and, going by this list, fewer people than I expected to be rooting against and more that I'm basically neutral on.

Oh well, problems you wanna have, I suppose. Guess I'll just have to sit back and learn to enjoy the bloodbath.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Yul is back! Awesome.

And Kim. 

I am good

A head-to-head between these two will be both respectful and epic!

Plus Yul vs. Parvati again...that'll be interesting to watch.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I hope Michele wins this season. I'm rooting for her already.

I'm rooting for this season just because I know Probst didn't want it.  I don't know why he thought they couldn't get good winners.  While there's a few I could do without, it's a pretty solid cast, and even some of the ones excluded would have been good.

• Love 8
(edited)

Going to be interesting to see how pre vs post idol Survivor play.  Yul had the transitional idol and won by playing it perfectly, but times have changed. 

Edited by DEL901
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm rooting for this season just because I know Probst didn't want it.  I don't know why he thought they couldn't get good winners.  While there's a few I could do without, it's a pretty solid cast, and even some of the ones excluded would have been good.

100% with you here. The fact that Probst, ever the champion of obvious bad ideas for themes and twists, has always been so opposed to this idea short-sells the show’s casts and its fanbase, and I’m hopeful that this ends up being a top-tier season full of compelling narratives and smart gameplay.

I’m happy with the cast. Of the best-case scenario I posted a bit ago, I got 14 of the 20 I wanted, plus 2 more I don’t mind at all. And maybe Adam and Ben will have different stories to tell this time out.

Edited by omophagia
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, omophagia said:

100% with you here. The fact that Probst, ever the champion of obvious bad ideas for themes and twists, has always been so opposed to this idea short-sells compelling the show’s casts and its fanbase, and I’m hopeful that this ends up being a top-tier season full of compelling narratives and smart gameplay.

I’m happy with the cast. Of the best-case scenario I posted a bit ago, I got 14 of the 20 I wanted, plus 2 more I don’t mind at all. And maybe Adam and Ben will have different stories to tell this time out.

In the grand scheme of things, I think Probst said it was the female side he didn't think they had enough to do a decent cast.  Which again, I think the female side is stronger than the male, seeing them all together.  And substitute in the likes of Tina and Jenna over a couple of others and I'd still think that.  But Probst doesn't have the respect for the female winners (with the exception of Parvati and Sandra, but I think that's because they are more characters) that he does for the men.  So I'm hoping the women band together and start picking the men off, especially the Probst favorites.    

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So I'm hoping the women band together and start picking the men off, especially the Probst favorites.    

Who would be Probst's favorites?

What are the chances they would air this season before the Giant Zombie Heads season?  This return of the winners is the one I want to see!

1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

Who would be Probst's favorites?

What are the chances they would air this season before the Giant Zombie Heads season?  This return of the winners is the one I want to see!

If they were going to do that I think they would have introduced them at the finale this season.  So don't see it happening.

It’s gonna be funny hearing Probst rolling back his comments on finding 20 winners. In code that meat Amber. LOL!!!! It’s an okay cast but I’m kinda surprised that Hatch, Tina & Jenna Morassca didn’t make the cut. I know they’ve all returned before but Hatch and Tina are the first male and female OG. Also, because Jenna had to leave the game early because of her mother. Now, we just need to get through Season 39. It’s going to be a long year. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It’s an okay cast but I’m kinda surprised that Hatch, Tina & Jenna Morassca didn’t make the cut.

According to speculation on Reddit, there are reasons for not bringing in these 3.  (And everyone else not on the list, but I'll only talk about these 3.)

With Hatch, he says he wasn't even asked in the first place.  And it's thought it's either because of his previous legal issues that prevented him from leaving the country before, or because of what he did to Sue in All-Stars.  Or both.

Tina's the biggest question of everyone not playing.  It might be health issues, but no-one's really sure.

As for Jenna... she's apparently had similar issues as Todd, and some legal issues on top of that.  That makes her inclusion a risky proposition on multiple levels.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

Not Happy to see...

Natalie A., Parvati, Sandra, Sarah, Tyson, Adam

I despise everyone on this list with the exception of Adam and Sarah (I just did not find either to be compelling winners).  Natalie and Tyson are two of my least favorite players ever.

Neutral about...

Amber, Michele, Sophie, Ethan, Ben, Nick, Tony, Wendell, Boston Rob 

Happy to see:

Denise, Danni, Jeremy

Very happy to see...

Kim and Yul

Kim is my favorite female winner and Yul is my favorite male winner (though Earl is a very close second)

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

According to speculation on Reddit, there are reasons for not bringing in these 3.  (And everyone else not on the list, but I'll only talk about these 3.)

With Hatch, he says he wasn't even asked in the first place.  And it's thought it's either because of his previous legal issues that prevented him from leaving the country before, or because of what he did to Sue in All-Stars.  Or both.

Tina's the biggest question of everyone not playing.  It might be health issues, but no-one's really sure.

As for Jenna... she's apparently had similar issues as Todd, and some legal issues on top of that.  That makes her inclusion a risky proposition on multiple levels.

I had forgotten about Brian wanting an appearance fee for AS.

I know Jenna was found passed out in a car a few years ago, and it was discovered she had overdosed and was battling heroin.  From what I’ve heard, it sounds like she’s gotten her life straightened around.  Todd too, although in his case his battle with alcoholism was far more public.  So maybe they were considered not in a good place and/or might have potential health issues.  I can see why TPTB might now want to take a chance on this having an effect on their recovery, especially if they end up having medical issues out there or after the game.

In regards to Rich, CBS renewed a show where it’s lead was accused of sexual harassment.  That’s why I’m inclined to believe that their not asking Hatch is personal, and if the Sue incident did factor in, it probably wasn’t the deciding factor.

Probst always loved Tina and had a soft spot for Outback.  So I’m as puzzled as everyone, unless it was a decision vetoed but CBS.  I would have liked Tina back, but considering she’s been back twice, I’m glad they are giving someone else a chance.

The other explanations makes sense.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Not Happy to see...

Natalie A., Parvati, Sandra, Sarah, Tyson, Adam

I despise everyone on this list with the exception of Adam and Sarah (I just did not find either to be compelling winners).  Natalie and Tyson are two of my least favorite players ever.

Neutral about...

Amber, Michele, Sophie, Ethan, Ben, Nick, Tony, Wendell, Boston Rob 

Happy to see:

Denise, Danni, Jeremy

Very happy to see...

Kim and Yul

Kim is my favorite female winner and Yul is my favorite male winner (though Earl is a very close second)

How did Earl not make the cut? I guess they filled their black quota with Jeremy (who I like) but it's like a newbie cast. White. LOL!!!

Reddit’s usually a cesspool, but there was some interesting information on that thread to go along with the usual nonsense. I’d missed Mike’s anti-Muslim tweet at then-POTUS Obama, for instance; I didn’t want him back anyway, but that really put it over the top.

• Love 1

I think we need to keep in mind that some of the people that we liked might have been approached and said no. I hope that they approached Earl and he said no. Same for Tina, although I am fine with her not playing.

I would guess that Brian and Tina were approached and said no. Brian probably asked for insane money again and Tina is getting to be a bit older. Not to mention, the last time she played she ended up suffering the loss of her son just before the Reunion show. There might be some not positive emotions tied to Survivor right now.

The one person I wanted to see play that is not on the list is Vecepia. And it looks like she was not invited. That pisses me off. She was an interesting winner who rode the change in the tribal current perfectly. I would have liked to see her play again.

Kim and Yul excite me the most. Love that Natalie (Twinnie) is back because I thought she played a great game. And I love that Sandra is back. She plays a good, if different game.

Thrilled that Fabio is not on the list, he annoyed me from day one.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, omophagia said:

Reddit’s usually a cesspool, but there was some interesting information on that thread to go along with the usual nonsense. I’d missed Mike’s anti-Muslim tweet at then-POTUS Obama, for instance; I didn’t want him back anyway, but that really put it over the top.

I had no clue about that but I am not surprised. Mike was in tight with Dan and not particularly well behaved in the first half of his game. His behavior changed once he was on the outs with his alliance but he was a bully and struck me as misogynistic in the first half of the game. I did not like how he talked to Sierra and about women when he was working with Dan. His behavior chilled out when he fell to the bottom of his alliance and was not as awful as Dan, Will, and Rodney but I did not forget the negative impression he made early in that season.

So hearing that he tweeted some offensive stuff is not surprising.

• Love 1

Earl just had a baby that was born prematurely, so my guess is he declined if he was offered.  

I had heard about controversy regarding Mike and some of his tweets but never knew what people were talking about. I remember Redmknd bringing it up awhile back and said he’d likely never be asked back (I think there was another reason too).

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I'm also suprised Aras isn't on the list. I don't know if he was asked or not. He might have had his fill after Blood vs. Water.

I get the feeling that the entire family has burned its bridges.  A combination of poor game play by both brothers and then Vytas's early departure and spoiling his exit when he got home.

I wonder if Tina lost her spot to Amber. There was scuttlebutt about Rob dropping out, and this could've been the incentive to get him to play.

Jenna had to be treated with narcan at one point -- no way would she have been asked. I also think the Todd rumors were just rumors, because he's a liability too -- moreso than Hatch. The rumor was Brian was not asked -- I think they're done with him.

I'm happy Mike wasn't asked either (apparently Danni shares his politics -- I tend to think it's more distancing themselves from Worlds Apart than that). I also never thought his game was that impressive because all he did was immunity win his way to the end, and then he was the least awful person there. Late immunity runs by Michele and Nick obviously secured their wins, but Mike had to win a lot more, if I recall correctly. And there's no real strategy in "win comps and don't be awful." Even Ben actually had to go out and find idols, and had a legitimate threat in Chrissy to beat.

With a lot of these winners, I'm curious how they'd change up their strategy the second time around, whereas I feel Mike's would be exactly the same. And who wants to see "win comps and don't be awful" again?

• Love 2

I'd read in several interviews where Parvati said she was done, not doing it again.   I wonder if some pressure was applied to some of the people.  Survivor has done a lot for them. 

In the who is first off: older woman/returnee/off beat character draw I suspect this time it will be a target on amber/rob.  One of them will have a tgt on their back till the pair is broken up.   Seems a bit unfair in some ways actually.  

That said - I suspect that there were alliances forming even before they got on the plane.  Who likes who?  Who hates who? 

(edited)
2 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I'd read in several interviews where Parvati said she was done, not doing it again.   I wonder if some pressure was applied to some of the people.  Survivor has done a lot for them. 

In the who is first off: older woman/returnee/off beat character draw I suspect this time it will be a target on amber/rob.  One of them will have a tgt on their back till the pair is broken up.   Seems a bit unfair in some ways actually.  

That said - I suspect that there were alliances forming even before they got on the plane.  Who likes who?  Who hates who? 

This is where I think the likes of people like Danni, Yul, and Ethan might be at a disadvantage.  All three are old school players that seem pretty removed from the Survivor experience.  Ethan hasn't been back since AS (I know he was battling cancer after that season), and Danni never has popped up until being rumored for GC.  This was a complaint Stephenie made during HvsV.  While I hate agreeing with her on anything and feel like she was trying to justify why she sucks at the game of Survivor, she did say that a lot of the newer players had bonds and alliances whereas people like her didn't have that advantage.  I bet we see a lot of newer players make it to the end.  I just want Danni and Yul to make the merge.  My biggest fear is that both are pre-merge.   

Personal prediction: Rob miraculously finds every idol and advantage out there and lasts until the merge.  He becomes the first juror, and Probst can retire "she voted out her mom" and instead say she voted out her husband, as Amber stabs Rob in the back and does some stupid "there's a new sheriff in town" as she writes his name down.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I wonder if Tina lost her spot to Amber. There was scuttlebutt about Rob dropping out, and this could've been the incentive to get him to play.

Jenna had to be treated with narcan at one point -- no way would she have been asked. I also think the Todd rumors were just rumors, because he's a liability too -- moreso than Hatch. The rumor was Brian was not asked -- I think they're done with him.

I'm happy Mike wasn't asked either (apparently Danni shares his politics -- I tend to think it's more distancing themselves from Worlds Apart than that). I also never thought his game was that impressive because all he did was immunity win his way to the end, and then he was the least awful person there. Late immunity runs by Michele and Nick obviously secured their wins, but Mike had to win a lot more, if I recall correctly. And there's no real strategy in "win comps and don't be awful." Even Ben actually had to go out and find idols, and had a legitimate threat in Chrissy to beat.

With a lot of these winners, I'm curious how they'd change up their strategy the second time around, whereas I feel Mike's would be exactly the same. And who wants to see "win comps and don't be awful" again?

You really summed up Mikes game. He won because he won immunity throughout (not saying it was easy) and, he really was the least awful person out of a cast of awful people. I’m not really a fan of his or his season. I won’t miss him. That said,I would like to see Carolyn play again. She was more likeable to me after the game and she got screwed out of 2nd Chances because she couldn’t campaign for the a slot.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

I think that some of the folks who have said they were done might have been lured back by the prospect of all winners. At least they know that they are not going to be targeted because they are one of the few winners. That would be a selling post for most of the people playing.

• Love 3

I'm really excited about this season!  Are there winners I wish were included?  Sure.  But, overall, there are enough winners that I really enjoy coming back that I think this will be a really satisfying and unpredictable season.  

• Love 5

I’m sure there is an increase of pay where the cast place. Usually, the first person voted out gets a $1,000 or so. I’m guessing this cast will start at $10,000 or something close to it. And, another chance of glory and a possible win. 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, LadyChatts said:

In the grand scheme of things, I think Probst said it was the female side he didn't think they had enough to do a decent cast.  Which again, I think the female side is stronger than the male, seeing them all together.  And substitute in the likes of Tina and Jenna over a couple of others and I'd still think that.  But Probst doesn't have the respect for the female winners (with the exception of Parvati and Sandra, but I think that's because they are more characters) that he does for the men.  So I'm hoping the women band together and start picking the men off, especially the Probst favorites.    

I d love it but I'm sure Probst and Production will throw the idols at his overrated non entertaining guy favs

• Love 1
8 hours ago, marys1000 said:

I'd love for someone to draw up a relationship map for this group.

Known connections (beyond the obvious Rob and Amber, and all the Survivor event stuff):

• Rob, Sandra, Tyson, and Parvati were all on the Villains tribe together, but Parv was not part of same alliance as the other 3.
  • Jeremy and Natalie were allies in BvW2, bonding after their loved ones were the first two voted out.
  • Parvati and Yul first played together, with some level of mutual respect between the two.  Mostly because Yul could see what made Parv so dangerous at the game, and told her so before she was voted out.
  • Amber and Ethan dated before she connected with Rob.
  • Tony and Sarah have always played together.  And Sandra was also on their second game.
  • And I think Adam and Nick were friends before either of them played.
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I'd love for someone to draw up a relationship map for this group. 

I was actually looking for something like this, too. This is the closest I’ve found:

• Love 2

Part of the question is how much do these players hang out with each other? I know that there were pre-existing alliances based on friendships for All Stars, Heros vs Villians, and Game Changers.

I know that Rob & Tyson are bff and poker buddies. I'm guessing Rob will start out on one tribe and Tyson & Amber on another. Unless, they do three tribes. There is a lot of inter intermingling after all of these years. I'm sure a lot of them don't mingle in general but they have played with each other. Adam & Nick are the newbies but I wasn't aware they were friends beforehand. All Stars got pretty personal and Probst hated that most of them acted like diva's. Now, everyone is so much older (and, parents) and it will be interesting how they are this time.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Adam & Nick are the newbies but I wasn't aware they were friends beforehand.

Adam was friends with Angelina beforehand, not Nick, I don't think. Through the transitive property, Angelina and Nick seemed close, but that seems minor.

If we're looking for a way for Yul to have a connection with anyone outside of Parvati, he and Adam both went to Stanford. Years apart, but sometimes alumni bond with each other.

I’ve wondered if there will be some kind of a specific tie-in to s39 with Rob’s and Sandra’s roles. As in, if they have some sort of role in choosing the winner of that season, whoever performs better between the two of them gets first choice in picking tribes on day one. Something along those lines, where Rob and Sandra are designated captains for one of Probst’s beloved schoolyard picks...

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Adam was friends with Angelina beforehand, not Nick, I don't think. Through the transitive property, Angelina and Nick seemed close, but that seems minor.

If we're looking for a way for Yul to have a connection with anyone outside of Parvati, he and Adam both went to Stanford. Years apart, but sometimes alumni bond with each other.

Yes, it was the Angelina & Adam friendship I had heard about but forgotten. S40 will be such a hard season to predict because almost everyone is a level playing field. Of course, those with previous (real) relationships might have a leg up when it comes to an early alliance. It should be fun.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, omophagia said:

I’ve wondered if there will be some kind of a specific tie-in to s39 with Rob’s and Sandra’s roles. As in, if they have some sort of role in choosing the winner of that season, whoever performs better between the two of them gets first choice in picking tribes on day one. Something along those lines, where Rob and Sandra are designated captains for one of Probst’s beloved schoolyard picks...

OK, that would actually be an awesome way to pick tribes. Do you pick a bunch of friends and then a few people you want to dump?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cherrypj said:

I wonder if TPTB will create tribes based on any pre-existing friendships or if they'll just toss the dice.

I'm thinking men vs women.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm thinking men vs women.

In Rob's case it's a double win with either Amber or Tyson. I'm thinking it will be mixed for more drama. Although, everyone is older and married so I can't imagine too much personal drama. Perhaps, I'm being naive about that. Just because you're older and married doesn't mean people won't get along and there will not be drama.

• Love 1

Just read about this on another board. I'm excited and so ready for this. Unpopular opinion but I'm actually really glad and really surprised that Amber is going to play again. I definitely think she meant it when years ago she said she felt that her Survivor story was perfect, she got everything she could have from the show and was happy to move on. 

But I was always curious to see how she'd do again, all these years later, with how much the show's evolved because unpopular opinion again, I really think many underestimated the game Amber played in All Stars. That said, I wanted to see her play again on her own. Because I definitely think she would have had a far better chance without Rob's presence. 

I like Rob but dude is always a massive ass target and him there playing with her all but guarantees people will gun for one or both of them immediately. They'd be idiots not to. My guess is the producers will probably put them on opposite tribes at the start of the game. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Just read about this on another board. I'm excited and so ready for this. Unpopular opinion but I'm actually really glad and really surprised that Amber is going to play again. I definitely think she meant it when years ago she said she felt that her Survivor story was perfect, she got everything she could have from the show and was happy to move on. 

But I was always curious to see how she'd do again, all these years later, with how much the show's evolved because unpopular opinion again, I really think many underestimated the game Amber played in All Stars. That said, I wanted to see her play again on her own. Because I definitely think she would have had a far better chance without Rob's presence. 

I like Rob but dude is always a massive ass target and him there playing with her all but guarantees people will gun for one or both of them immediately. They'd be idiots not to. My guess is the producers will probably put them on opposite tribes at the start of the game. 

I’ve always had mixed feelings on Amber.  I never disliked her, but she wasn’t one of my favorites, either.  I thought she was wishy washy during Outback, and I wouldn’t have included her on the AS roster to begin with.  She basically won AS because she was the lesser of two evils between her and Rob (the jury that season was ridiculously bitter), then had her win upstaged because TPTB knew Rupert would probably never win on his own, so let’s give him a fan awarded million.  If you didn’t watch the show, you’d think he won the season the way they hyped it.  I have to say she is a pleasant surprise to have back.  I would have expected Natalie White back before her.  And I’m also in the camp that wishes Rob wasn’t out there playing with her.  He’s had numerous opportunities, and I hope it doesn’t turn into a circus trying to keep the two of them in the game as long as possible so TPTB can create some stupid rivalry story line.  It would have been nice to just see her get a chance on her own.  But who knows, maybe they wouldn’t play without the other.  I’m sure that wasn’t a hard negotiation.   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, mikewho said:

Of the 20, I remember 12. The rest are mysteries to me.

Sadly or un-Sadly I remember all of them. I've been watching Since Season 1 Episode 1. I'm 55 years old and I'm older then all of the winners.....I think. Yikes!

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Because Dominik didn't win, Wendell did. 

but it was a tie. LOL!!!

3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I’ve always had mixed feelings on Amber.  I never disliked her, but she wasn’t one of my favorites, either.  I thought she was wishy washy during Outback, and I wouldn’t have included her on the AS roster to begin with.  She basically won AS because she was the lesser of two evils between her and Rob (the jury that season was ridiculously bitter), then had her win upstaged because TPTB knew Rupert would probably never win on his own, so let’s give him a fan awarded million.  If you didn’t watch the show, you’d think he won the season the way they hyped it.  I have to say she is a pleasant surprise to have back.  I would have expected Natalie White back before her.  And I’m also in the camp that wishes Rob wasn’t out there playing with her.  He’s had numerous opportunities, and I hope it doesn’t turn into a circus trying to keep the two of them in the game as long as possible so TPTB can create some stupid rivalry story line.  It would have been nice to just see her get a chance on her own.  But who knows, maybe they wouldn’t play without the other.  I’m sure that wasn’t a hard negotiation.   

and, apparently she was only cast on All-Stars because Elisabeth Hasselbeck said no. She was doing The View at the time. The world works in mysterious ways doesn't it?

• LOL 1