Type keyword(s) to search

Season 40: Speculation and Spoilers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So I found this on Clubs that Suck, but I think the list came from Reddit.  So far it's been accurate.  

PRE-MERGE

Natalie Anderson
Amber Mariano
Danni Boatwright
Ethan Zohn
16/15/14/13/12: Tyson Apostle
16/15/14/13/12: Boston Rob Mariano
16/15/14/13/12: Parvati Shallow
16/15/14/13/12: Adam Klein
16/15/14/13/12: Yul Kwon

MERGE (ORDER IS UNKNOWN)
Tyson returns from Edge of Extinction
Wendell Holland
Tyson Apostle
Sandra-Diaz Twine
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke

FINAL 7 (NO ORDER)
Denise Stapley
Ben Driebergen
Nick Wilson
Natalie returns from Edge of Extinction
Jeremy Collins
Sarah Lacina

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL
Michele Fitzgerald
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos (Winner)

The only catch is, Sandra was supposedly a pre-juror after raising the flag on EOE.  But I can't remember for sure if Survivors United said it was her, or that was an assumption made.  Unfortunately, I can see the next 3 boots being possible.  If Parvati is voted out, she may find something on EOE and give it to Michele, which could result in Yul getting voted off.  So I guess we'll see after next week whether this has any legs to stand on.     

• Love 2

The spoilers are all over the place this season.  The big question is whether or not Tony wins.  Some have him as the winner and others are adament that he is not. 

I'm eager to see if the spoiler above pans out next week.  Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So I found this on Clubs that Suck, but I think the list came from Reddit.  So far it's been accurate.  

PRE-MERGE

Natalie Anderson
Amber Mariano
Danni Boatwright
Ethan Zohn

MERGE (ORDER IS UNKNOWN)
Wendell Holland
Tyson Apostle
Sandra-Diaz Twine
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke

FINAL 7 (NO ORDER)
Denise Stapley
Ben Driebergen
Nick Wilson
Jeremy Collins
Sarah Lacina

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL
Michele Fitzgerald
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos (Winner)

The only catch is, Sandra was supposedly a pre-juror after raising the flag on EOE.  But I can't remember for sure if Survivors United said it was her, or that was an assumption made.  Unfortunately, I can see the next 3 boots being possible.  If Parvati is voted out, she may find something on EOE and give it to Michele, which could result in Yul getting voted off.  So I guess we'll see after next week whether this has any legs to stand on.     

Sir Vivor who posts here said that Sandra was pre-merge and that she quits EOE (its a few pages back). SurvivorUnited has also stated that Sandra quits EOE and only stays there a couple hours and leaves as the next player arrives.  The only way this could happen is if there are two back to back tribals as is speculated next week. We shall see. 

37 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Sir Vivor who posts here said that Sandra was pre-merge and that she quits EOE (its a few pages back). SurvivorUnited has also stated that Sandra quits EOE and only stays there a couple hours and leaves as the next player arrives.  The only way this could happen is if there are two back to back tribals as is speculated next week. We shall see. 

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember if someone actually put a name to the person.  The next three boots on that list are logical, but so is Sandra.  Given what we saw of the dynamics at her tribe, she and Tony don't look so good.  A lot of it will come down to what the other three do.  And we know that the show loves nothing more than to paint a red herring on someone.  Kim's whole being in the middle made me think she could get blindsided, which I'd be fine with.

There was another rumor floating around that Parvati made the merge and was in an alliance with Denise, Michele, and Nick I think.  So maybe this person got her and Sandra mixed up.  Accurate spoilers haven't been easy to come by this season, so as of now I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.  But I'd love to see Adam go next week.  I don't care if everything else is wrong lol  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

PRE-MERGE

Natalie Anderson
Amber Mariano
Danni Boatwright
Ethan Zohn

MERGE (ORDER IS UNKNOWN)
Wendell Holland
Tyson Apostle
Sandra-Diaz Twine
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke

FINAL 7 (NO ORDER)
Denise Stapley
Ben Driebergen
Nick Wilson
Jeremy Collins
Sarah Lacina

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL
Michele Fitzgerald
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos (Winner)

AnthonyD46 and Sur Vivor,

Any updates you are able to share?

I believe that the jury is comprised of anyone who stays at EoE, at least that is what happened last time. Sandra could be voted out after the merge and leave EOE which would mean that she is not on the Jury.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Jextella said:

AnthonyD46 and Sur Vivor,

Any updates you are able to share?

Sandra/Parvati should be the boots this week. Sandra is supposed to give her idol away and the who she gives it away to writes her name down and eliminates her by that vote as the other person receives all the votes. I've heard Tony and Denise's name with this. 

As far as EOE jury you have to stay on EOE until after the first merge TC. If you quit at that point you are still on the jury.

The winner is kind of up in the air, but Nick/Michele/Sophie/Sarah should go deep. My personal info doesn't have Tony anywhere near there, but we will see. Danni has a lot of info pointing at her being an EOE returnee.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, anthonyd46 said:

Sandra/Parvati should be the boots this week. Sandra is supposed to give her idol away and the who she gives it away to writes her name down and eliminates her by that vote as the other person receives all the votes. I've heard Tony and Denise's name with this. 

As far as EOE jury you have to stay on EOE until after the first merge TC. If you quit at that point you are still on the jury.

The winner is kind of up in the air, but Nick/Michele/Sophie/Sarah should go deep. My personal info doesn't have Tony anywhere near there, but we will see. Danni has a lot of info pointing at her being an EOE returnee.

Thank you, Anthony!  This was very kind of you.

I am leaning toward the idea of Tony being a red herring.  It would seem to easy/obvious otherwise!

2 hours ago, Jextella said:

Thank you, Anthony!  This was very kind of you.

I am leaning toward the idea of Tony being a red herring.  It would seem to easy/obvious otherwise!

Yea I feel like if Sandra goes hes an easy target on that tribe since Kim gave him the NSPV.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, Jextella said:

I have a theory.....there is a spoiler out there that says that the winner is a male who is "really likeable", and not from the first 15 seasons.   There is another that proclaims Nick is the winner. 

During Season 37, Jeff introduces each of the players and says of Nick that he is "a little quirky and really likeable" (click here...it's around 5:16; these talking heads of Jeff's are a mish mash of past seasons I think). 

The fact that spoilers are referring to the winner as "really likeable" could be an odd coincidence, and its not like Nick is the only likeable player, but....I choose to think of it as a clue indicating Nick wins 🙂.  

Dang.  I was just rewatching the episode where Tyson is voted off.  During tribal, Yul says of Tony that he is really likeable!

I just debunked my own theory!

• LOL 1

I’m going to be really bummed if I lose Sandra and Parvati in the same episode (especially if Sandra horribly misplays her idol).  All the old schoolers are dropping like flies.  At this point, if they go, I’m rooting for Yul, Nick, Sophie, and everyone at EOE not named Tyson.  I could care less about the rest of the cast.

Well, Tony and Jeremy, and I like Wendell okay. But I can’t say I’d be sorry if I lost him. But Denise? Eh.  Sarah? At least she’s not named Adam or Ben.  Kim and Michele I don’t like and can go anytime. 

So I really hope the spoilers are wrong and someone that doesn’t have the name Yul, Parvati, and Sandra go next week.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Jextella said:

Dang.  I was just rewatching the episode where Tyson is voted off.  During tribal, Yul says of Tony that he is really likeable!

I just debunked my own theory!

I'm kinda leary on anything Spoilergirl says at this point. It's obvious she has some kind of connection to be able to attend the premiere and stuff, but for months she said Tony wasn't winning, then the other day says she fooled us all and was hiding he won, then the next day went back to he could win, but so can Nick, Jeremy, and Yul.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anthonyd46 said:

I'm kinda leary on anything Spoilergirl says at this point. It's obvious she has some kind of connection to be able to attend the premiere and stuff, but for months she said Tony wasn't winning, then the other day says she fooled us all and was hiding he won, then the next day went back to he could win, but so can Nick, Jeremy, and Yul.

Is that the person who said Sandra and Parvati are going next?

Also, I could get on board with any of those 4 winning.  I don't know why I feel like Nick is going to pull it off.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Is that the person who said Sandra and Parvati are going next?

Also, I could get on board with any of those 4 winning.  I don't know why I feel like Nick is going to pull it off.

I think so, but I've lost track.  The spoilers are all over the place (AnthonyD is good at reigning them all in!) and I think many are saying the same. 

• Love 1

Updates:

Sandra/Parvati: Still hearing its Sandra giving away her idol to whoever of Tony and Denise feel they need it and they write her name down and send her to EOE which she quits around 2 hours after arrival.

F3: SU has said one of the 11 people he eliminated are in the F3. Which are:

Adam, Amber, Ben, Ethan, Michele, Natalie, Parvati, Rob, Sandra, and Tony + Danni

I am assuming the highest chance of those people would be Michele, Natalie, or Danni. 

He keeps saying he's putting Nick and Sophie aside for later so I'm wondering if one or both are also in F3.

People still on his winning contention list: Jeremy, Nick, Wendell, Yul, Denise, Kim, Sarah, Sophie. Though another used SurvivorFan37 has said no female wins and SU hasn't disputed that.

2 F 1 M F3.

• Love 1

I've seen Sophie, Natalie, Danni, and Michele in various rumored final 3s, so maybe it is one of them (the only male final 3 combo I saw consisted of Nick, Jeremy, and Tyson).  If he's right that Danni slays (which I'm still hoping is true), that would mean she'd probably be one of the EOE returning players and do well.

Just now, LadyChatts said:

I've seen Sophie, Natalie, Danni, and Michele in various rumored final 3s, so maybe it is one of them (the only male final 3 combo I saw consisted of Nick, Jeremy, and Tyson).  If he's right that Danni slays (which I'm still hoping is true), that would mean she'd probably be one of the EOE returning players and do well.

Yea don't forget we also have 2 people that have verified they know Danni personally say she returned.

Plus this news article taped after the season finished taping where she refers to the FMC.

34 minutes ago, anthonyd46 said:

Yea don't forget we also have 2 people that have verified they know Danni personally say she returned.

Plus this news article taped after the season finished taping where she refers to the FMC.

37 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

AnthonyD - Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop!

Danni seems pretty upbeat for having gone to EOE so early.  I do think/hope she comes back as well.

The FMC was a great catch.

If Sandra does screw herself over tonight by giving her idol to someone, and that person votes her out (and seriously, what is she thinking), I hope it's Tony.  I like him, and even if I think he's a weasel for doing that, I could stomach him staying more over her saving Denise or having it be Kim.  Don't care for those two ladies, and if I had to lose anyone on that tribe, it'd be them.

But if Sandra and Parvati go, this season just gets more tragic for me.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

So, I wonder if Sandra does leave EOE given that she was 2nd, maybe Denise is next and Sandra doesn't want to be around her, i.e. rather than Sandra storming off based on general distain for the EOE concept.

Just now, Jextella said:

So, I wonder if Sandra does leave EOE given that she was 2nd, maybe Denise is next and Sandra doesn't want to be around her, i.e. rather than Sandra storming off based on general distain for the EOE concept.

I think Sandra left right when the next person left, but I took it as a sign of protest.  I doubt we will get Sandra's true feelings, but she's mentioned before how she's old school.  She doesn't like the idols or advantages or twists.  

I read on other sites that the TC were aired out of order (even though I think Sele's was dramatic enough to end on).  If true, that means Parvati was after Sandra.  And I think Sandra can leave as soon as Parvati gets there.  So we'll see.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think Sandra left right when the next person left, but I took it as a sign of protest.  I doubt we will get Sandra's true feelings, but she's mentioned before how she's old school.  She doesn't like the idols or advantages or twists.  

I read on other sites that the TC were aired out of order (even though I think Sele's was dramatic enough to end on).  If true, that means Parvati was after Sandra.  And I think Sandra can leave as soon as Parvati gets there.  So we'll see.

Yea count the boxes when Parvati looks at them (where you see the back view) there is only 12.

As far as next boot my source who had this going the way it did tonight did have him as pre-merge, but they didn't have Danni going third and had her lasting later so I dunno if that pushes him back a spot to the merge boot.

SU was kinda pointing towards Yul in his posts this week for next weeks boot, but will be interesting to see if SU goes the Yul direction of RHAP or the Tony direction that my source had. Like I said since my source didn't have Danni there its possible everything is just pushed back a week.

I'm also wondering if my source mixed up Danni and Denises names, because they had told me Denise doesn't do well goes super early.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thanks!  I really hope it’s not Yul.  I don’t want Tony to go, but not Yul.  What is it with picking off all the old schoolers?  Pre game alliances?  I think Nick and Michele had one, so yeah, that may not be good for Yul.

After tonight, I feel like Michele may be a final 3 goat if she makes it that far, as some spoilers indicate.  I don’t think her edit or game play is that great.

Edited by LadyChatts

So in the press photos posted on Sucks, the EOE flag is raised and Sandra is MIA.  Looks like the spoilers were true about her leaving.

I’ve got a really bad feeling Yul is leaving next ep., based on everything out there.

In Jeff's recap, he states at the very end something like "We'll see if Sandra has the energy to last on EOE" … or something like that.  Definitely a nod in the direction of Sandra leaving.

Sandra has been hugely entertaining this season, and I've grown to have a big soft spot for her - even if she leaves.  I hope she doesn't do something horrible and disappoint me.

I just wish she had stuck it out until the jury.  That’s one role Sandra has never had, and I think she’d be an entertaining one.  Plus, since it appears no one else quits EOE, it’ll seem weird that she’s not the only there.

If they ever do the EOE twist in the future (and I hope they don’t), I wonder if they’ll amend the rule that no one can quit.  I do feel like Sandra might have had a few choice words about the twist, which seemed unpopular with the cast.  Unfortunately we’ll probably see the flag raised and Sandra riding off into the sunset. 

I just had a thought.  In the Season 40 Tea Checker, SU says that 
"Jeremy never has the opportunity to leave Edge of Extinction"

Could it be that is because he wins or maybe is F4?

Also, I'm wondering what Sophie and Michelle have in common. 

"Sophie and Michele have something in common"

Also, I wonder if Yul goes soon - either this or next week. I poke around Twitter and the timing of his ALS campaign was interesting.  It was first announced after Ethan's emotional journey on the Edge which gave them both a chance to get some visibility for their causes/experiences.

Yul and Penner just posted a video on Twitter expressing gratitude to all those who gave and to encourage people to continue giving.  Once Yul goes to the Edge, he won't have the visibility needed to keep the campaign going as strongly as he does while still on the main island.  The timing of this latest video may be his last opportunity.

Edited by Jextella
On 3/18/2020 at 7:00 PM, LadyChatts said:

If Sandra does screw herself over tonight by giving her idol to someone, and that person votes her out (and seriously, what is she thinking), I hope it's Tony.  I like him, and even if I think he's a weasel for doing that, I could stomach him staying more over her saving Denise or having it be Kim.  Don't care for those two ladies, and if I had to lose anyone on that tribe, it'd be them.

But if Sandra and Parvati go, this season just gets more tragic for me.  

I'll take Denise and Kim over that Piece of annoying crap any day. 

• Love 1
On 3/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, Jextella said:

I just had a thought.  In the Season 40 Tea Checker, SU says that 
"Jeremy never has the opportunity to leave Edge of Extinction"

Could it be that is because he wins or maybe is F4?

Also, I'm wondering what Sophie and Michelle have in common. 

"Sophie and Michele have something in common"

Also, I wonder if Yul goes soon - either this or next week. I poke around Twitter and the timing of his ALS campaign was interesting.  It was first announced after Ethan's emotional journey on the Edge which gave them both a chance to get some visibility for their causes/experiences.

Yul and Penner just posted a video on Twitter expressing gratitude to all those who gave and to encourage people to continue giving.  Once Yul goes to the Edge, he won't have the visibility needed to keep the campaign going as strongly as he does while still on the main island.  The timing of this latest video may be his last opportunity.

There will most likely be 4 or 5 people that don't go to EOE:

S22 Never went to RI Rob 1st, Philip 2nd, Natalie 3rd , Ashley 4th, Returnees Matt, Andrea

S23 Never went to RI Sophie 1st , Coach 2nd , Albert 3rd, Rick 5th Returnees Ozzy both times

S27 (20 people) Never went to RI Tyson 1st , Monica 2nd, Gervase 3rd, Ciera 5th Returnees Laura M, Tina

S38 Never went to EOE Gavin 2nd , Julie 3rd , Lauren 5th , Victoria 6th Returnees Rick, Chris

So Jeremy could be as low as 6th like Victoria was and still not go.

As far as the common thing either  F3 losers of they are against each other in fire are good guesses I think.

• Love 1

I'm still nervous it's going to be Yul.  I think the ones most vulnerable are Yul/Wendell, Tony, or Adam, depending whose tribe loses.  Adam's tribe I'm most interested in, because I think it's possible Sarah/Sophie could turn on Ben, or Sarah could turn on Sophie.  Ben/Adam don't seem to have any interest in working together.  I'd rather Adam go, but I'm fine if it's Ben, too.  

I'll be crushed if it's Yul.  Aside from Tyson, everyone I'm rooting for is on EOE.  I don't need to add another person there.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm still nervous it's going to be Yul.  I think the ones most vulnerable are Yul/Wendell, Tony, or Adam, depending whose tribe loses.  Adam's tribe I'm most interested in, because I think it's possible Sarah/Sophie could turn on Ben, or Sarah could turn on Sophie.  Ben/Adam don't seem to have any interest in working together.  I'd rather Adam go, but I'm fine if it's Ben, too.  

I'll be crushed if it's Yul.  Aside from Tyson, everyone I'm rooting for is on EOE.  I don't need to add another person there.  

I'm still leaning toward Yul going home this week based on a recent request on social media to continue donating to ALS*, but since spoilers are still pretty wild and crazy, who knows. 

*I read where Yul's pitch for ALS was really his reason for returning to the game and that he got permission from CBS and buy-in from the other players to raise awareness during the show.  However, I don't think CBS is going to let this monopolize the show and so this might be one of Yul's final chances at spreading the word.

• Love 1

I'm insisting on Adam not because I have some spoiler knowledge but because of the following reason: due to players being 20 and all having a story to tell, and due to the story being told on EoE as well as on the main game, the time spent on the actual strategy is a lot less than usual. This means they have to tell a story that makes sense. On this last episode Ben was saying he has a better working relationship with Sophie and Sarah than with Adam. This didn't have any impact on the strategy because this tribe won the immunity challenge. So this shows me it will become relevant sometime, maybe not this episode but sometime for sure. Regarding Yul, they have shown no story of people saying they want him out or anything relevant. Actually they have shown more of Wendell being arrogant, suggesting that this behavior will come to bite him. So if I had to choose, I'd say that, depending on who loses the immunity chsllemge, Wendell and Adam are in a hard position exactly because there have been hints about them before.

• Love 1

Wendell’s edit is weird.  He went from getting a purple edit to getting an arrogant one out of nowhere.  And I don’t know why they brought up his and Michele’s past, even if it does end up screwing one of them over (I’m guessing Michele gets her “revenge” on Wendell).  And I wouldn’t exactly call him a villain, as much as just an ass.  

I can see where Yul gets booted, though.  He’s had a higher profile than most people left, especially when it comes to game talk.  But it’s the game talk part of his edit that has been concerned.  Yul acts a little too safe, a little too confident in his alliances.  Nick and Michele have a pre game alliance.  I think Michele might be fine getting rid of Wendell, but Nick may think Yul’s a bigger threat down the road.  I don’t know, he doesn’t seem like a logical target.  Still, based on spoilers, I think it’s going to be him.  I have a feeling he’s going to talk himself out of the game.  Maybe he gets idoled out.  His edit tonight might be telling as to what leads to his downfall. I do hope I’m wrong!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Spoilers are still a bit of a mish mash.  I don't necessarily care who is right and who is wrong so long as thought and research support the claim.  "A for effort" rather than "F for fan fiction".

Hopefully civility rules, and the vile trash talk we see elsewhere stays elsewhere.

• Love 2

Even though the reddit bootlist had Sandra and Adam's placements wrong, I'm still curious if there's any truth to it.  I guess we'll see this week if Tyson returns and it's either him, Wendell, or Adam who goes (all of whom seem like logical boots).  

17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Even though the reddit bootlist had Sandra and Adam's placements wrong, I'm still curious if there's any truth to it.  I guess we'll see this week if Tyson returns and it's either him, Wendell, or Adam who goes (all of whom seem like logical boots).  

I wonder about SU and this list. At some point they need to diverge because this list has Tony as winner and SU does not. 

SU hasn't said one word about the returnees so no idea who he thinks they are.

These are SU's hints so far:

Putting Nick/Sophie aside and keeping an open mind on them.

I should have kept an open mind on Michele, but i was not told much about her.

Michele/Sophie have something in common.

Kim will be just fine.

Danni gets an idol, Does something diabolical and is hated out there. 

• Love 2

SU also said Danni slays-for any of the above to be true, she’d need to be one of the EOE returnees (it’s hard for me to imagine her doing anything from EOE).  I’m also kind of skeptical of their spoilers, but I wouldn’t rule out Tony being the next boot.  It’s weird, I feel like he’s set up for being the next boot, yet also could see him winning.  Since we’re at the merge, he might fall off the radar. 

• Love 3

The other spoiler that is TBD is there being an underdog alliance led by Nick and Michele and Sophie maybe being involved. There might be seeds for that in the NTOS, but the spoiler said it happened very close to the end game. I don't consider F11 to be close to end game.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, anthonyd46 said:

The other spoiler that is TBD is there being an underdog alliance led by Nick and Michele and Sophie maybe being involved. There might be seeds for that in the NTOS, but the spoiler said it happened very close to the end game. I don't consider F11 to be close to end game.

I read that, and that they supposedly topple the majority alliance.  I don't remember Sophie being in the equation, that it was Nick/Michele's alliance (which could include Sophie).  I also read that Sophie is blindsided and it's "major".  I felt her edit tonight could be setting her up for that.  

Looking at the reddit boot list, it had tonight correct.  So we'll see if Tyson goes next week.  At one point I saw that Tyson/Wendell/Adam were the next 3 boots in any order, so Adam going next week wouldn't be too much of a surprise.  Curious what you have heard @anthonyd46?  I don't think Adam has much going for him game wise, so unless all the spoilers are wrong and he's dragged to the final 3 as a goat, I think his edit may be coming to an end.  And while Ben isn't as funny as Adam with TH, he pretty much fits the bumbling game player that isn't aware of what's going on around him. 

Probst's enthusiasm with this season makes me think a male wins.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I will probably eat my words, but combining all the spoiler info thus far, I'm sticking with Nick, Sophie, and Danni as F3.  Hoping so, anyway. 

I noticed during DvG that Nick was really throughtful about how he presents himself during tribal councils, and I'm thinking the same this season.  I think he does quite a bit of acting while there.   I feel it was completely intentional that he asked Michelle if she knew about Wendell's blindside in the moment.  That was his way of telling the jury - and eventually Wendell when he lands on EOE - that he and Michelle weren't involved.

They'll get jury brownie points for that.  In addition, should either go to the end, they can demonstrate how they overcame significant odds (everyone else vs them) to get there which contributes to a good resume.  

I think Sophie's edit tonight was interesting.  Jeremy is shown saying he wants to run things but doesn't want people to know he's running things. He wanted Wendell to stay.

Sophie was on to this relationship, and before we knew it, Wendell went home.  

I think Sophie and Nick are interesting players.  They are soft spoken and not aggressive, but their minds are always working.  I think they play the most cerebral games of the bunch.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8