Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Dear Diary: Question of the Day(s)

Scrooge. Scrooge?! Does this mean my student loans will be forgiven and I can sing "Thank you very much" while dancing on Sallie Mae's coffin? Awesome!

Fast forward to 50 seconds in:

Edited by ABay
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

The Sting.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, Paul Newman and Robert Redford, yes please!  And the music, too -- great!  But it's a long con!  Am I the one being conned, or am I the one pulling off the con?

• Like 8

Alien.

A parasitic creature attaches itself to a small crew and causes havoc and terror in a short period of time.

Sigh.

Please tell me this does not mean my mother-in-law is actually gonna come and stay a few weeks with us now that we are all vaccinated like she has been hinting?

(I kid... I kid... she's not that bad... she's just very high maintenance)

Edited by DearEvette
  • Laugh 14

Teachers.

Erm. Okay. Never seen that movie, so can't comment :p. 

I guess I'm dating myself but mine was The Sound of Music. Does this mean I will be on the run from Nazis with a bunch of kids? Yikes-I hope not!

• Like 8
  • Laugh 4

American Graffiti 
This doesn't work for me, and any grandkids are but a glimmer in the eye of my caboose of my nearly middle-aged offspring.
So to TPTB that thought this formula would work for everyone, my message (which is also from when I was ten years old, o so long ago) is:
"It Ain't Me Babe" (Bob Dylan)

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2

Gone With the Wind.

No, not the original. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Doctor Zhivago....

hmmmm...I do have significant Russian ancestry on my dad's side of the family (he grew up speaking Russian at home but unfortunately never taught me any) but otherwise not sure what this portends for the rest of the year.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, isalicat said:

Doctor Zhivago....

hmmmm...I do have significant Russian ancestry on my dad's side of the family (he grew up speaking Russian at home but unfortunately never taught me any) but otherwise not sure what this portends for the rest of the year.

A lot of snow?? A torrid affair with either a smoking hot Omar Sharif or an orange Julie Christie, or both??

• Laugh 9

5 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I guess I'm dating myself but mine was The Sound of Music. Does this mean I will be on the run from Nazis with a bunch of kids? Yikes-I hope not!

Me too!  It means we're going to become great singers!  Or able to make children's clothing out of curtains.

• Laugh 6

Porky's.

I don't even know what to do with that. I guess I'm getting laid this year? I mean, that's good. 

• Laugh 12

This may work out — the first part of the year was more

aladdin GIF

But I’m totally ready for

image.gif.2aa14c9d2cd0300a8ceb26242e9dc940.gif

a whole new world aladdin GIF

• Like 6

Beverly Hills Cop

So do I have to shove a banana up someone's tail pipe?  Because I refuse to go to California to solve a murder.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

You Only Live Twice.

Assuming I'm still on life #1, that's great.  But it kind of feels like I've been well into life #2 for some time....

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Commando

I don't know if I ever saw this one; a lot of Arnold's movie plots tend to blend together in my memory.  I looked it up, and apparently I'll be trying to rescue Alyssa Milano from a Latin American dictator.  Either that or it's a warning to buy more underwear, even though I just stocked up recently!

• Like 3

Man, I'm liking my Saturday Night Fever future a lot more after seeing what a lot of you all got.

John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

3 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

Return of the Jedi

That's not too bad! It starts out with almost getting tossed into the belly of a Sarlacc, where you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years, but instead you get a happy ending where you save the galaxy.

• Like 5

Mine is also Doctor Zhivago. All I know of it is the soundtrack. 

david lean laughing GIF by FilmStruck

• Like 2

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.  I have no idea what it is about other than Jack Nicholson in a psych ward.  Which sounds about right for this year. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

Diary of Anne Frank. Not #1 but saw it 10th b-day month

Edited by Gramto6
  • Surprise 1

On 6/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, SweetieDarling said:

My favorite from the ice cream truck is not listed above. It was the chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bar on a stick that had a hard chocolate center, preferably with rice krispies in the chocolate coating, but not necessarily.

c3c4e722a6473acfbb89605f8e07c0a8.jpg

That was my favorite also.

• Like 2

Blazing Saddles for me! One of my favorite movies ever.

It is fitting as my maiden name is Johnson

DF1FC6DF-E94C-48CE-8148-CE08A5101EE5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Live and Let Die.  I'm trying not to think too hard about what this might mean.

• Laugh 4

On 6/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, JTMacc99 said:

Thank you @Ohiopirate02 for this one!

image.png.b846e1baf74c1c2569532adff8c01016.png

It's Saturday Night Fever for me the rest of the way...

Bee Gees Pizza GIF

One of the Police Academy movies. I think it was the second one.

Center, I think. I hardly ever eat brownies, but I was thinking about making some this week.

• Like 4

I'll eat either, but if I had to pick, I'd probably go with center, too. 

And now I want some brownies. 

• Like 3

I find brownies just okay; eating them so infrequently, I don't have a favorite.  I guess I'd pick the center piece for its softer texture.

• Like 3

Edge piece!  But if all are taken, the middle is good, too.  :D

• Like 7

Center all the way.  I'll eat the edge pieces, but I really don't like the corners.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Like 3

Center, but if it is between eating the edge and getting no brownie, the edge pieces work, too :)

• Like 6

Well, I guess that leaves all 4 corners for me. 

• Like 2

Not that I'm going to fight @Quof for the corners, but, they were always my thing.
😁

Dad used to offer to bring his "secret recipe" brownies to parties. 
They were a Betty Crocker mix with chocolate chips added in and icing on top. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4

First off, my brownie has to have nuts in it.  I don't care what kind, but it has to have nuts.  A little caramel wouldn't be bad either.  Make them almost Turtle like. 

Secondly, it has to be a center piece.  Back in the day, when my mom used to make brownies, they weren't eaten all at once, and over time, the very edge of the edge pieces would get so hard that you could use them to drive nails.

It isn't a Kale Soup buried in the backyard scenario, but still brutal to try and eat.  I still have nightmares over Kale Soup.  I still think my mom was pranked with that recipe and we all suffered for it.  And yes, it was so bad that it was buried in the backyard.  That soup wasn't fit for human or beast.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.