Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

My grandniece's birthday is coming up! Great timing!

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

they didn't register so they're probably looking at minimum 55 Good Night Moon's

This is why I think my niece's request to write a note inside the books is a bad idea.

I don't remember books from when I was really little, but I remember being obsessed with Dr. Doolittle books when I was reading for myself. I don't remember the books themselves, but I do remember exactly where they were in the library because I'd go right to them every visit.

• Love 3

The Mystery of Witches Bridge.

The Three Musketeers (I reread that several summers in a row and still have a copy)

Five O'Clock Charlie

There was a book of Greek myths for children that I borrowed from the library a lot but I'm not sure what the title was. It was definitely for children because I remember being surprised later upon learning that Zeus didn't abduct Ganymede just to pour wine.

I interpreted the question to be what my favorite books were as a child rather than suggestions for infants. The only picture books I even vaguely recall involved a character named Cowboy Sam.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ABay said:

One of my friends used to get a Happy Hollisters book every month. I don't know if she read them, but I did.

I used to get them too! I loved those books, but I forgot all about them.

• Love 1

There was a book I loved as a teen, it was ghost stories and the illustrations were by Gorey. Then I found the alphabet and now I have the letter for my name, which has my actual name, tacked up in my office.

• Love 3

giphy.gif

Referring to your pet as only "My roommate", what's something your roommate does?"

ex:
"As soon as I get home from work, my roommate demands that I feed him and rub his belly." 
"My roommate loves sleeping on the kitchen tile because it's the coldest part of the house."
"No matter what I do, I can't get my roommate to stop shitting on the floor of my bedroom."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

One of my roommates paces around the kitchen from the time he thinks I might start making breakfast all the way until I actually serve breakfast. Imagine the way they used to portray men in the waiting room while their wives were giving birth.  

::pace, pace, pace:: 

And so on with no stopping. 

This behavior has caused my new roommate to get anxious, because he doesn't understand the nervous energy. Now I have two idiot roommates under my feet in the kitchen.

• Love 8

One of my roommates will sit near or in the kitchen in the morning and start begging for food. They especially love to rub up against my mom and roll around on the floor all cute as part of their begging. Doesn't matter if there's already food in the bowl, they need more

The other roommate has decided that the middle of the night is totally the right time to go running and jumping all over the house. I've been scratched a couple times because of her jumping around. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3

My roommate watches me sleep and knows exactly when I wake up even if my eyes are still closed. At this point, this stalker will get within inches of my face and scream at me in her foreign language until I get out of bed and feed her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I used to repeatedly find my pillows on the floor or at the bottom of the stairs because my roommate would pick them up with his mouth and run off with them, even though they were larger than him at the time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

When my roommate and I go to the park, all the guys come over to sniff her backside- and some of the girls, too.  She gets annoyed, but not annoyed enough to want to leave.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

When it thunders, my roommate jumps into the bed right between me and my spouse.  

My roommate goes under the bed at the first sound of thunder or sees lightning. That’s no small feat. He is overweight and needs to belly crawl to get under the sideboard. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Whenever I get up (from the chair, sofa, etc) and take a step anywhere near the direction of the kitchen, my roommate runs to the kitchen, sits hear her empty bowl and looks at me expectantly.  Sometimes she yells at me to fill it, even if she just ate 5 minutes ago.

• Love 7

Another one of my roommates (I have a lot of roommates) likes to wake up around, oh, 3:55 A.M., climb in bed with me, purr loudly, rub up against whatever part of me isn't under the covers, and then bite my hand if I don't adequately acknowledge her presence.

My roommate has also systematically destroyed several window treatments around the house and has made her intentions clear that she intends to murder my two adorable small roommates which means they have to spend all day in a cage with a secure lid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was hungry for a club sandwich. My roommate smelled the bacon. I had to cook an extra piece. Then my roomie thought she was entitled to some turkey as well. That brought my other roommate into the kitchen. They don’t contribute to the grocery bills either 🤦🏼‍♀️ lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I think my roommate wants to kill me. She’s always trying to trip me (especially on the stairs), sneaks up quietly behind me and scares me, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to find her staring at me while I sleep. 

If something should happen to me, please tell the police it was Kitty Gunderson. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think my roommate wants to kill me. She’s always trying to trip me (especially on the stairs), sneaks up quietly behind me and scares me, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to find her staring at me while I sleep. 

If something should happen to me, please tell the police it was Kitty Gunderson. 

I gave you the heart emoji, but I just wanted to tell you that I’m laughing after reading your comment on who to point the finger at. 🤣

• Love 2

I found quite a few on which I disagreed with the critics, but I'm going with "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian," which has a score of 45 percent, because the audience score is also below 50 percent (it's 47 percent).

• Love 2

I get a lot more of "you look just like this guy I used to know" than any celebrity comparisons.  However, about three years ago I had just lost a bunch of weight, and it was at the point where everybody had their two cents to share with me. 

One lovely but a little odd lady stopped by to compliment me, ask me what I was doing, and say a bunch of nice things to me. At the end, she said "Keep doing what you're doing. You look really good; you remind me of Bruce Dern."

So... I was first like, who the heck is Bruce Dern?  Turns out he is a very talented actor, and is Laura Dern's father. First Google image pops up is of modern day Bruce Dern:

V23Re6Fl.jpg

In my head: "Uh... thanks?"

But the man had a long and successful career, so just keep scrolling and found a bunch of photos of him from the movies.  There was this one:

mP8WTX1l.jpg

I mean, I do have that look on my face sometimes, and there was this one:

6Qibtuzl.jpg

Which makes sense, because that's the way I wear my hat at the office.

But eventually I found this one:

tHJ7Wz9l.jpg

Which I decided must be what she was talking about, even if I don't particularly look like ANY of those versions.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I used to get Edward Burns a lot after Saving Private Ryan

but lately it's been mostly Dwayne Johnson (maybe because nobody's seen Edward Burns since SPR?)-

@JTMacc99 I like to assume they're referring to this vintage version: 

giphy.gif

• Love 3