Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Egg MacGuffin

• Start Topic

On 4/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, Lugal said:

Oh yeah, everyone knew it was dragon egg, right?  Although if the Legends get a dragon, I'll give the show more leeway.  They can name it Tad Cooper.

Come on, this is Legends of Tomorrow, they won't just get a dragon. The dragon will be some little hawk sized thing that instantly bonds with Mick (because who else would get along famously with a fire breathing creature) that Mick gives some really ridiculous and possibly cute sounding name, which Mick has rip things apart because dragon. Besides, the Legends haven't had a Team Pet the entire run of the show.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I think sometimes, TV writing is a job.  I can picture Klemmer telling the writers' room, "We're getting rid of Hank's heel turn.  I've got a call with Greg at 4 to give him our way forward, we'll meet at 3, you make your best pitches and we'll work out a plan. Order lunch in, I'll pay."

"And remember, this is Legends of Tomorrow.  NOTHING is too insane for this show!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/29/2019 at 6:26 PM, tennisgurl said:

Me: "Oh God, Ray being possessed is so heartbreaking, poor sweet Ray is going to be so hurt by all of this, and Nora will be crushed, especially as she knows what its like to be a vessel and how much of a number it does on you! Oh the angst!"

Also Me: "Evil possessed Ray is super freaking hot like god dang get it evil boy."

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to evil Ray, I am confident BR will do something fun with it (and look hot while doing it). 

I enjoyed pretty much the whole episode except the Mona stuff.  Bummer she was latched onto the Con SL, as it had a lot of promise otherwise. The possessed nipple was gross, but  in a good way, and Gary's heel turn isn't completely out of left field.  Nate and Zari- fine, whatever, don't really care much either way but A for effort on the "Raiders" stuff. 

This season has seemed to have amped up the wacky quite a bit.  I am fine with that, need more wacky in my entertainment these days....

Edited by Regalbegal
Typo!
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, benteen said:

-Mick and Charlie at the RomanceCon was a very fun storyline.  I liked that Charlie made Mick realize this would be a really easy score and I liked seeing him admit to who he was.   Agreed that Mona's hissy fit and near wolfing out was absolutely ridiculous.

I loved that.  Missions to save the space-time continuum are one thing, but don't you dare screw with fans and their author/creator!

• Love 2

The best:  Ray and the potential to have Routh have fun being evil.  I still hate the hair though.  And Mick talking to his fans at the Romanticon. Whoever thought of making Mick a cheesy romance writer is genius.

I agree that there is no reason for Nate/Zari other than Nate being the specialialist Legend to ever special but I thought the Indiana Jones stuff was cute. The couple I'm really having trouble with is Sara/Ava and not just because I was a Sara/Nyssa fan. I really don't know why Sara is with Ava because Ava is so needy and so much about what what she needs rather than what Sara needs, and Sara compromises so much that it sometimes reminds me of Arrows2  Sara who feels that she doesn't deserve more.  I keep wanting Sara to wake up and realize that she doesn't have to be the one w ho does all the work, she can do better.

Also, with Ava so prominent and now Nate working there, in the last couple of seasons this show has become The Time Bureau rather than Legends of Tomorrow.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, Sakura12 said:

the magical theme park idea is dumb even for Legends standards. 

These are creatures that were in a hell prison, putting them in another prison for people's amusement isn't a smart move. 

I hate this plot with the fire of a thousand suns. Every time they reference it, all I can think about is how they are torturing those animals for their entertainment. It's got so that I mute the TV at it.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I like how into the book Sara got but she was far nicer about Ava not reading it. That shit drives me nuts. Why join a book club if you aren’t going to read? If you just want to listen to someone blather on about a book then just watch one of those ASMR videos on YouTube.

The late Stuart McLean wrote charming  'Dave and Morley' stories for his radio program The Vinyl Cafe. In Morely's Book Club, Morely was intimidated after being invited to a very snobby book club until she realized that no one there actually read the book. So she started her own book club in which they always started the meetings mocking the pretentiousness, and then moved on to wine and giggles.

• Love 2

I'm team Gary. Just cause someone is a bit weird and offputting is no reason to not treat them the same as you do others. I don't remember Gary as ever being rude or a bad person, just a bit annoying. I've never liked how he was treated as I don't like that kind of comic relief. See also Jerry from Parks and Rec. It's just not funny to me.

I've never cared too much about any of the romantic pairings on this show but neither have any of them particularly bothered me. I haven't finished watching the show yet so I don't know what will happen but I actually like Nate and Zari. I love both of their characters and I think they're sweet together and I see the chemistry. I love Ray and Nora too. Their real life relationship does translate well to the screen which is not always the case. Oh, and I'm loving Ray's hair. Such 70s/80s awesomeness. Keep letting that hair grow, hippy!

As far as Mona, I'll reserve judgement on her until I finish the season. I did like her better when she was at the Time Bureau. 

I should have put a "This post is full of unpopular opinions" warning label on this one, lol. So I'll end with a popular one. Give Mick and Charlie more to do please! 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, festivus said:

I should have put a "This post is full of unpopular opinions" warning label on this one, lol. So I'll end with a popular one. Give Mick and Charlie more to do please! 

Well, other than I'm not a fan of DharkAtom, I share all your unpopular opinions so come sit by me. It's been lonely on the board!

• Love 1