Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Egg MacGuffin

• Start Topic

The date itself wasn’t a bad idea but it’s completely wasted on stupid Nate. Zari deserves better. 

I did enjoy Mick and Charlie attending that romance convention. They were fun together. Mick answers his fan mail!

I like how into the book Sara got but she was far nicer about Ava not reading it. That shit drives me nuts. Why join a book club if you aren’t going to read? If you just want to listen to someone blather on about a book then just watch one of those ASMR videos on YouTube. 

Ray fighting Neuron was well done. Poor Gary realizing he’s not exactly anyone’s loved one. And ew to Gary’s nipple crawling back to make him NeuRay’s minion. 

On the other hand I loved NeuRay kicking Nate’s ass. Routh being a bad guy is going to be great. Nora helping to save him will be fun too. 

Mona needs to learn to pick her moments. It led to Mick revealing himself but there was no reason for her to jump in rather than wait until the Q&A was over.

Dragon egg! Already looking forward to the Game of Thrones references. 

• Love 4

Man, I really don't get why we have Nate/Zari being forced down our throats. When I thought we finally had a small break from Mona, we get Nate/Zari instead. And I like both characters; Zari's my favourite of the cast, but that may change because of this dumbass high school romance. We don't need this shit. Nate was just in a relationship with Amaya. We don't need this.

NeuRay was sexy as hell, not gonna lie. Seriously, Routh killed it as Ray and Neron. I was waiting for a time when Routh could spread out his wings and utilize those acting chops I know that he has.

What's also nice? Mick getting a plotline finally. Yeah, Mick and Charlie's stuff was awesome. Oh, and Mona was there....but who cares? 

Honestly, I can't blame Gary for snapping. He really is treated like the show's monkey so it is nice to see the show turn that on its head by having Gary join Neron....with cursed nipple and all. 

So, Ava's part of a Book Club and not even really part of the Book Club. Why is she suffering through an hour of Mona blabbering on about stuff? 

Back to Ray and Neron, that was my favourite part of the episode and we didn't get nearly enough of it.

• Love 8

Gary's an idiot! Sickening that a chunk of this episode was Sara and Ava pushing the forced Romance AND Ray letting himself be possessed by Neron to save the guy who has to have a GF every season, The Stud of LOT, Creator Pet Nate Heywood. I gagged watching Zari kiss him. We get it Klemmer Nate Is to bang almost woman available and she has to be all about him with his studness. While Ray Suffers and gets beat up on. I need Nora to Kick Nerons Ass and get her man

• Love 2

Okay, Gary's nipple was just gross, and for me that joke was overplayed in the episode, let alone the whole season. I do feel bad for him though - he's just a cheery idiot with no social awareness. I'll be interested in how he portrays being "evil" - will he still be cheerily idiotic about it? Or will he be actually dark, similar to how Ray changed when he was Neron!Ray?

Charlie and Mick cracked me up at the convention. Mick took it so seriously! And he cares about his fans and answers their mail! I would have loved for this to be more of an A-plot somehow, but I appreciated it as the C-plot. (Mona almost ruined the whole plotline, 1) by blowing their cover, and 2) with almost going into her annoying wolfie persona. But she was thankfully somewhat limited this episode)

Still not feeling Nate/Zari but honestly who WOULDN'T be in love with Zari? They got to use their powers though! Yay!

• Love 8

I've been reading about a backlash of sorts. I mean, while I'm okay with Mona, I understand the hatred on her. Gary is about as one-dimensional as some of the Arrowverse villains (Ben Lockwood, lookin' at your dumb ass, buddy). And yes, Nate/Zari feels a bit out there, and I wonder if that's where the characters would have gone if not for Nick Zano dealing with stuff outside the series. But it's still Legends. For God's sake, we got to see a detached nipple crawling around like a worm. We had a fun adventure, even if the writers owe royalties to Steven Spielberg for copying Indiana Jones (including the "plane on the map" bit). And we had a fun side mission with Mick meeting his fans, with Charlie as a proxy.

Oh, and Ray might be this season's Big Bad. Is Brandon Routh good at playing villains?  I don't watch much stuff, and the only role I can think of is Todd Ingram from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World . . . and that guy was a doof and a half. I am wondering if Neron would be the last Big Bad to possess people. Maybe the team needs an original nemesis, unique to them.

As much as I don't like Gary . . . yeah, I understand his going to the dark side. You figure that maybe somebody would think to slowly build his self-esteem. But nope, all he remembers is getting smacked around. Accepting the nipple was inevitable.

Ray's possession was painful . . . not because of the hammy nature, but that Ray accepted Neron to save Nate. I'm not saying "Nate really wants Ray, not Zari," but their bond seems to be strong. Last season, I figured they were the Arrowverse versions of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold from the Eighties . .  capable heroes, but who tend to get neck deep in trouble. It was so bad, Jax would be the mature one on missions. Possessed Ray? That's a bit heart-breaking.

• Love 6

Me: "Oh God, Ray being possessed is so heartbreaking, poor sweet Ray is going to be so hurt by all of this, and Nora will be crushed, especially as she knows what its like to be a vessel and how much of a number it does on you! Oh the angst!"

Also Me: "Evil possessed Ray is super freaking hot like god dang get it evil boy."

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and Ray might be this season's Big Bad. Is Brandon Routh good at playing villains?

My first exposure to Brandon Routh was as the bad guy in one of my all time favorite TV series, Chuck. He was fantastic, and it was so weird for me to see him as happy-go-lucky Ray Palmer at first. 

Edited by srpturtle80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Ray's possession was painful . . . not because of the hammy nature, but that Ray accepted Neron to save Nate. I'm not saying "Nate really wants Ray, not Zari," but their bond seems to be strong. Last season, I figured they were the Arrowverse versions of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold from the Eighties . .  capable heroes, but who tend to get neck deep in trouble. It was so bad, Jax would be the mature one on missions. Possessed Ray? That's a bit heart-breaking.

It is but I feel like, if Ray was seconds away from killing any of the Legends, he would have sacrificed himself anyway. That's just who Ray is.

Even without seeing Brandon in other roles (I have but if anyone else hasn't), this episode proved that he can play evil. He did an excellent job with the time he had as Neron. I mean, seriously, NeRay was awesome. 

• Love 5

Oh Legends. The only show where a hellish detached nipple can be a major plot point. Sara should have taken her own advice from when she read the murder mystery, its always the person who gets treated like a doormat...

Oh poor sweet Ray. Him being possessed had some funny moments, but it was mostly just creepy and heartbreaking, especially when he gave into Neron to save his bestie Nate, while Nate kept say how he wouldn't leave him. Oh you guys! Honestly, Nate has so much more chemistry with Ray, its hilarious. I love their super close friendship, and I knew as soon as Neron said he would have to kill someone he loved, it would be Nate. Poor Ray will be so messed up after this, especially if Neron hurts people in his body. On the other hand, I am super psyched about seeing Evil Ray, and getting to see Brandon play evil, it already seems like he is having a blast. And I am actually excited that he is getting some more development and a more dramatic storyline, he feels like he is comic relief so often, that he sometimes ends up in the background of more major arcs. He did a great job switching back and fourth from Neron and Ray.

Zari and Nate actually remember that they have super powers! Look, I love Nate, and I love Zari, and I've liked their friendship and interactions plenty of times before, but I just dont buy this all of the sudden romance that the show is pushing on us so hard. Why does this even need to be, we already have a billion other plots going on! Its just so random, and they really come off more as buddies than potential love interests. In most of their scenes, I wanted to get back to Ray. 

Not reading the book club book is a major party foul, Ava! Oh well, their little plot was still cute, and their shipping of Zari and Nate was cute. Still not feeling Zari/Nate, but still cute. 

Nora waking up and immediately being like "Ray is in trouble!!" was amazing, and her running off to try and save him, oh my heart! Now that is a ship I can get behind! And Nora gets to be a time agent! Honestly, can we just swap Mona for Nora? Pretty please, with dragons on top?

God, shut up Mona! She clearly knows that its Charlie and Mick, wouldn't she assume they had some reason for doing this (even if its just to mess with people) or were there on a mission or something, why would she out them like that?! And almost wolf out in front of a whole room of people! At least we only had a little of her this week, a little Mona goes a long way. 

I did quite enjoy Charlie and Mick, and how seriously Mick takes his writing and his fans, and his desire to connect with people, even if he isnt very good at it in his day to day life. Even though I am pissed that Mona outed him, it was great to see him get applause from his fans as himself. 

No Gary no! That nipple is a nipple of lies! I mean, not that pledging yourself to a demon is ever something I can get behind, I cant blame him for being fed up with everyone. Everyone treats him like garbage, no matter how hard to tries to help, and Constatine apparently hurt his feelings when he broke things off with him without much of an explanation. 

This week was great, cant wait to see what happens next!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

Gary's an idiot! Sickening that a chunk of this episode was Sara and Ava pushing the forced Romance AND Ray letting himself be possessed by Neron to save the guy who has to have a GF every season, The Stud of LOT, Creator Pet Nate Heywood. I gagged watching Zari kiss him. We get it Klemmer Nate Is to bang almost woman available and she has to be all about him with his studness. While Ray Suffers and gets beat up on. I need Nora to Kick Nerons Ass and get her man

Hey at least has gotten some love.. He had that ill-fated thing with hawk girl and he's had Nora... Jax never got anything.. Wally apparently wasn't good enough.. They may as well have been asexual compared to everyone else.. Constantine slept with the captain before he was even a series regular 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, srpturtle80 said:

My first exposure to Brandon Routh was as the bad guy in one of my all time favorite TV series, Chuck. He was fantastic, and it was so weird for me to see him as happy-go-lucky Ray Palmer at first. 

I do not remember that. I remember Zachery Levi, and wondering how a guy with a physique like Chuck's could play Shazam. Long story short, I was pleasantly surprised. And now I'm imagining Ray bonding with the Big Red Cheese.

1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

Gary's an idiot!

That seems to be the theme, yes.

29 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

.Jax never got anything

Well, not on the Waverider. Remember this quote from "Return of the Mack": "Last time I got laid, Grey said to me, 'Well done, Jefferson'." Which sounds so much like Prof. Stein.

Now I'm seeing why we got "Rayge" early in the episode . .. Ray trying not to be a goody two-shoes. Also, the time he handled Snart's cold gun.

I loved Ava's take on book club:  "I usually just let Mona blather on.  It gives my brain a vacay."

Also, Mona, werewolf fangirl was great.  Changing time is one thing but Neron help you if you screw with her book series.

As for Nate and Zari, I could of imagine a scene where they have a night of passionate, climb-the-walks, wreck the furniture sex and at the end Zari says "Wow, that was amazing.  Let's never do that again and accept that we're best as friends."

I really enjoyed this episode, aside from Nate/Zari. All of the forced romantic moments in this episode were so painful. I think they have decent chemistry but everything about the relationship is so forced it just doesn't work for me. My biggest problem is that the romance seems to be Zari's only plot while Nate was part of the romance plot and an integral part of Ray's plot. It's starting to become a trend and I don't like it.

I love Ray and Nate's bromance. I assume Nate didn't stay steeled up because he didn't want Ray to break his hand? Otherwise, why let NeuRay keep punching him? I didn't expect Ray to be evil for more than one episode, so I'm glad we're getting it for at least one more episode. And I'll join the consensus that evil Ray is hot. I can't wait to see Evil Gary.

I really enjoyed the Ava, Nora, Mona plot in "Tender is the Nate" so I thought it was fun to see it brought back here. Though you'd think that if Ava and Mona had been part of an ongoing book club, Ava would have been more willing to give Ava the benefit of the doubt when Mona was accused of releasing the Kaupe. 

59 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Hey at least has gotten some love.. He had that ill-fated thing with hawk girl and he's had Nora... Jax never got anything..

What's worse is that he actually got a kiss from Stargirl in season two - and that scene was deleted.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

He was hot in Chuck! Evil and hateful but sooooo hot!!!!!!

I adore him as Cupcake Ray Palmer too so I just can't lose😁

• Love 5

Ray was the MVP tonight, and Brandon finally got a chance to shine. He did a wonderful job portraying Ray’s desperation and turmoil, and his performance as Neron was really chilling. It’s so nice to watch him show off his acting chops, especially with the state of the rest of the show right now. I first saw him on One Life to Live nearly twenty years ago (damn I’m old) and even then you could tell he was going places. Kudos, Brandon.

I enjoyed Nora, Constantine and Mick’s scenes as well. Mick especially has gotten the shaft as far as screentime and character development, so his speech at the con was very welcome.

Had to chuckle at Charlie’s posh accent as Rebecca.

I felt really bad for Gary by the end, his revelation  has been two years in the making. Although his memory of Mick growling at him was from Zari’s Hedgehog incident and technically never happened, but whatever.

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about Nate/Zari or Mona, and most everyone else here has already covered my thoughts quite well, so I won’t go into any of it again. I enjoyed the beginning of this season so much, but I certainly can’t say that anymore.

Also, they’re laying on the meta pretty thick these days. It’s like cayenne pepper - a little adds some kick, too much spoils the whole dish.

Three episodes left in the season, and we’ll see what they do with them. 😕

• Love 4
3 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

I could have lived my entire life without seeing Gary’s nipple crawling around on the floor and been perfectly OK with that. 🤢

Not me.  My night was made by the creepy little oozing disc of hell flesh.  I couldn't stop giggling.  I also can't believe a torn off nipple has became a legitimate plot point.  Best call back ever.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I liked the Mick/Charlie plot. I will always love Maise & Dom together. I liked seeing how much Micks fans really mean to him.

I find Nora tolerable when she's with Ava & Nora. I am glad they went back to the plot of the three being friends.

Maybe the Time Bureau will be more important now that even Nora has become an agent.

I loved all things Sara/Ava & Sara joining the book club and getting really into it.

I wish they had turned Ray evil earlier in the season and let Brandon play this for awhile. We now only have three episodes left.

Nate and Zari still feel forced no matter what the show does with them.

• Love 3

It's a good thing that a demon came along to make Gary whole again.   Because it's not like they're on a ship from the future with a highly advanced medical bay that can heal a broken neck so regenerating a nipple should be a snap or anything.   This show has gone from wacky to just plain stupid.   It's basically just a bunch of absurdities strung together in the least cohesive plot imaginable.  

• Love 4

How can this show get things so backwards? Nora should have been offered a spot on the Legends and Mona should have stayed a member of the Time Bureau, not this mess we have.

Gary joining up with a demon because he wanted his nipple back is just as dumb as the theme park Nate's dad was building.

And Zari...what have they done to my favorite character?

• Love 6

Creepy, crawly nipple from Hell.  Yep, that happened!

Besides the Nate/Zari stuff (more on that later), I enjoyed quite a bit about this episode.  My favorite part was easily the "Rebecca Silver" stuff coming back into play, and finally getting some Mick/Charlie goodness.  I always love it when Dominic Purcell and Maisie Richardson-Sellers get to play off one another, and that has been lacking this season.  But I really love that Mick actually treated the con (and its audience) seriously, and was accepted by everyone once he revealed truth.  Yay, Mick!  

Poor Ray trying to prevent Neuron from taking over his body and killing someone he cared for, but he finally relents after he almost kills Nate.  He couldn't let his best bro go like that!  And now Neuron has fully control of Poor Ray.  Brandon Routh did a great job with both Ray freaking out over not being in control of his body and then the moments when Neuron is in charge.  I do hope they save him of course, but I'm looking forward to seeing Routh play evil some more.

Glad Nora has been revived, although I wish she actually joined the Legends and not just the Time Bureau.

Honestly, with all the talk about "doormats" and whatnot, it really should have been obvious that Gary was going to end up going to the dark side.  And while I don't think the Legends or Ava ever really intended to be malicious to him (and frankly, he can be a lot to handle), it was probably only going to be a matter of time before he snapped.  Not sure where all of this is heading, but I bet Constantine is going to be regretting a few of his choices and words now!

I did feel bad that Sara did make the effort to read (or, well, listen) to the book, only to find out that Ava never reads them and just uses book club as an excuse to drink wine, while Mona blabbers on.  Granted, I can totally understand why Ava would want to drink when a blabbering Mona is involved.

And then there is Nate and Zari which.... sigh.  I love Zari and think Tala Ashe is the best.  I've even enjoy Nate and he fits on the team.  But I just don't care about them as a couple.  Especially since it feels like Nate is the only thing on Zari's mind now, while Nate at least still has subplots and moments with his family and Ray.  I just feel like she's become insignificant now, which is not cool.

• Love 5

This was slightly better than last week but only Mick and Charlie at the romance con. I liked seeing that Mick is really passionate about his writing and his fans. And the continued Nuron plot. Ray channeling Shaw from Chuck should be fun. Its finally something interesting happening that will hopefully have the Legends being together for it. 

Nora's joining the Time Bureau why, this show is called Legends of Tomorrow not the Time Bureau. All this focus on them is turning me off this season. 

While I don't really care about Zari/Nate. How most feel Zari is getting lost in Nate's story is how I feel about Sara and Ava. I feel Sara is completely disappearing into just being Ava's girlfriend. I don't feel like she's the Captain anymore. Yeah she gives orders but she doesn't feel like part of the team anymore. She barely gets fight scenes anymore either. This little one was blink and you'll miss it one. Her whole story is Ava. It's more noticeable now since I saw actual Sara on Arrow. I miss that Sara. On this show I barely recognize her as the character I love. 

Sara barely even gets a POV in that relationship. She'll get a little tidbit then they brush past it. It mostly deals with Ava's insecurities and thinking Sara doesn't accept her when it's the opposite. Sara has shown over and over that she accepts Ava as is. Its Ava that doesn't accept Sara as is. Sara's always changing for her. When she doesn't do the same.

Take the stupid book club, she asked Sara to join and didn't even tell her she doesn't have to read the book because it's a fake book club. It would've been better if Ava had said, "Hey I got roped into this stupid book club and with Nora in a coma I'm stuck listening to Mona blather on and could really use someone else there with me. You don't have to read the book, only Mona does. Just show up and drink some wine."

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 13

An okay episode but the last few minutes really ramped things up.

Gary snapping and joining Neron made actual sense though. Right now, Neron has Ray as a host, Gary as an accomplice and Constantine as a hostage I guess. The team are a little bit screwed for now.

Constantine showed up at the last minute and failed. Nora is awake from her coma, so I'm guessing she'll be the one to actually save Ray within the next few episodes.

The book club bit was amusing only for Sara to get really into the book and Ava to be the one to tell her that it's not really much of a book club.

Mona annoyed me during the Mick/Charlie subplot by being one of those type of fans at a convention. Nice to see Mick get more of a plot this week.

Nate and Zari, it could be handled better but it doesn't bother me now.

Ooh, a dragon egg, 7/10

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Nora's joining the Time Bureau why, this show is called Legends of Tomorrow not the Time Bureau. All this focus on them is turning me off this season. 

Remember, the Legends are also members of the Time Bureau.  The point is that Nora, despite her dark past, is trusted and vindicated to be a full member of the organization that once held her prisoner.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Remember, the Legends are also members of the Time Bureau.  The point is that Nora, despite her dark past, is trusted and vindicated to be a full member of the organization that once held her prisoner.

Not good enough for me the show is still called Legends of Tomorrow not the Time Bureau. This TB focus is taking away from the show I used to love. 

• Love 6

Y'know, I was ok with the Nate/Amaya romance not because I thought they were particularly great together or anything, but they sorta happened on the side and made occasional appearances.  Basically it stayed where I think romance should stay in a show like this.

The Nate/Zari romance is playing out rather juvenile and makes this feel like a CW teen show and not the DC Legends show I love.  Say what you will about the Nata/Amaya doomed romance, it wasn't used as plot vehicle for the cast to prop it to an intrusive degree.  I mean the idea that they'd make Nate/Zari believe Sara would send them on fake a mission just to hook them up and Sara being so determined to hook them up is just ...disappointing and not really worthy of what this show is.

This was better than last week but not by a whole lot.  I loved the Ray stuff.  It used Ray, Gary's history, Nora, and Constantine really well. Also evil Ray can soooo get it!  Even though I love dorky Ray!

I also liked the Mick/Charlie stuff.  Not necessarily because I liked that storyline particularly but because it gave Mick and Charlie something to do.  They've both been wasted since the show has come back from the break.

The 30s egg mission got good when Nick left and Sara, Ava and Zari were kicking ass.  That is the Legends I love.

Mona's hissy fit and almost wolfing out in public just because of a romance novelist's identity was just fucking ridiculous.  I've gone from thinking she was just rather annoying to outright disliking her.

• Love 8

Ray and Mick were the best parts of the episode.  Brandon Routh really shone as both Ray, Neron and Ray's possessed hand.  I don't want to see Ray turn evil, but I have to admit that I like watching Brandon play it.

I liked Mick and Charlie's little scam to grab the money, right up until Mona showed up and ruined it.  Really Mona, you see your time traveling, magical creature capturing coworkers at a convention and you don't assume they're on a mission or something (maybe protecting the real Rebecca Silver for all you know) but you just have to jump up and ruin it?  Although I really give points to Mick for his speech and the fact that he embraced his fans.  And I liked the Garima cosplayers at the Romance Convention (I've never been to a Romance Convention, is cosplay a big thing there?)  But hey, Charlie and Mick actually got something to do.

I also liked that Nora was more effective in the moments after she woke up than anyone had been up until then.

Then there's the book club.  I agree Ava could have given Sara some kind of heads up that she doesn't actually read the books.  Although Sara listened to the audio book at high speed.  Sara feels like she's been off her game lately, like she's playing second fiddle to Ava.  I like Ava and I like Sara, and I even like them together, but something feels off, like they're trying to make them too mundane.  Sara's an assassin who came back from the dead and captains a timeship.  Ava's a clone who runs the time bureau.  They will never be mundane.

But speaking of off her game there was Nate and Zari.  Did Sara think it was a good idea to send the two people who are in a strange space with each other on a solo mission together.  It could have been very dangerous for all she knew.  But at least Zari and Nate did remember that they had superpowers.  Tala Ashe is completely wasted, getting to only do this. Nate at least gets scenes with Ray.

This was the culmination of their "epic romance," really?  It came out of nowhere and still makes no sense.  Maybe I should ask that girl at the garden center I've talked to a couple times to pretend to be my girlfriend when my family comes to visit, then she'll surely fall in love with me.

And the 30's Indiana Jones stuff was a total waste of an homage. That should have been an episode in and of itself with the whole cast.

Oh yeah, everyone knew it was dragon egg, right?  Although if the Legends get a dragon, I'll give the show more leeway.  They can name it Tad Cooper.

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 7

Tad Cooper. Yes!  Everyone got hit with the stupid stick this week. If Nate had steeped up and stayed steeped up during the fight Ray might not have given in. Better to break a hand that can be healed than to let a demon in. And Ray's deal did not cover anyone else the ship. 

Mona is an irritating immature entitled bitch. She did not display any loyalty or common sense at the q and a. Her ignorance allowed Mick to take over from Charlie, but Mona needs to have her ass handed to her. Preferably while she is being expelled from the series.

I felt so bad for Gary. I have been in that place of feeling that no one cared about me and it makes it seem as though nothing matters. If no one else loves you, then you have to love yourself. I hope he survives the season.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wish they hadn't switched out to have Nate's dad not be bad anymore just because they liked the actor. Would have liked if they kept him/Neron/the Time Bureau as the Big Bad of the season. It would help in keeping the TB relevant - and to me, it provides them a perfect excuse for getting rid of it at the end of the season once defeated. I don't see the purpose keeping it around anymore - it's become unbelievable with the billion dollar budget and hundreds (?) of agents we never see or know what they do.

Regardless, now that Nora is a TB agent I am all in favor of the TB!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lugal said:

Oh yeah, everyone knew it was dragon egg, right?  Although if the Legends get a dragon, I'll give the show more leeway.  They can name it Tad Cooper.

I super believe in you, Tad Cooper! 

I am still enjoying the hell out of this season, but its not as strong as the first half, probably because I suspect that a lot changed back stage, which changed how they planned on the season going. I am putting this in spoilers, just to be safe...

Spoiler

I read that they originally did plan on making Hank the big bad and a willing accomplish to Neron, and even having Nate turn on the Legends on going full bad guy to side with his dad. While I am super glad they decided against making Nate a bad guy (that would be freaking stupid) I do think that its hurt the story. Hank seems retroactively messy as a character and you can tell they changed directions with him super fast, and I suspect that Nate and Zari were stuck together because they wanted to give Nate something to do to keep him in the plot. I dont really know why they went this route, as there are plenty of other ways to keep Nate active in the story even at the TB, but I suspect this is why we are getting this now. Thats just conjecture on my part though.  

None of that explains why there has been so much Mona though, in our cast of about the population of some small countries. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

No Gary no! That nipple is a nipple of lies! I mean, not that pledging yourself to a demon is ever something I can get behind, I cant blame him for being fed up with everyone. Everyone treats him like garbage, no matter how hard to tries to help, and Constatine apparently hurt his feelings when he broke things off with him without much of an explanation. 

Yeah, they have all treated Gary rather badly.  I liked that he caught on somewhat quickly that Ray was possessed.  Gotta watch out for those evil nipples though!

Mick and Charlie at Romanticon was fun.  I love that Mick answers his mail and is so passionate about his writing.  It was a great side plot until Mona showed up.  She was fine at the beginning of the ep with a few seconds of book club but ugh, I HATED her showing up and yelling and of course almost wolfing out.  She annoys me so much.

I didn't mind the Nate/Zari stuff this time around.  The Indiana Jones theme really worked for me and I liked that Nate was the one who had to get through the trip wires and Zari was admiring his ass, LOL.  That said, I think "hot sex and let's be friends" would be a better way to go than "relationship".  I also thought is kind of OOC for Sara to keep pushing them together.

Though I like seeing other sides of Sara - the whole book reading/audio book montage was cute - I miss her being the captain of a ship that's traveling through time, because it's not!   I don't like the Time Bureau being such a big plot point because it's keeping the Legends grounded.  I miss them traveling through time together to screw things up/fix things.

Ray being possessed is fun though. 

• Love 6

When Mona was first introduced as the delivery girl, I thought she was fine as possibly a recurring character.  The actress is cute and her characterization was entertaining in small doses.  Now I find the character really annoying and I just feel frustrated when she is part of any scene where she is given dialogue.  I hope that she does not continue on the show for long.

Major question:  when Gary is freed from Neron's influence, will his nipple be "clean" (original Poltergeist reference).  IOW, will he get to keep a matching pair, or will he have to sacrifice the offending headlight again in order to be dispossessed?  The suspense!  Please, if you know, SPOILER TAGS!  I'd hate to have the entire season ruined. . .

• LOL 6

First time I got annoyed by Mona - she had no idea if Charlie was not on a mission.

I think this episode was a bit too busy and all over the place. The evil nipple was creepy - invest in some reconstructive surgery Gary! 

My favorite moment was Ava pouring a glass of wine for magical-comatose Nora - cute character beat that was easy to miss.

• Love 4

I have to admit, I wasn't too crazy about this episode.  The back half of the season definitely hasn't been as strong as the front half though I still love this show and look forward to it every week.

-I agree about Routh being the MVP here.  He did a very good job as Possessed Ray and I think he pulls off the Evil Neron act well.

-Mick and Charlie at the RomanceCon was a very fun storyline.  I liked that Charlie made Mick realize this would be a really easy score and I liked seeing him admit to who he was.   Agreed that Mona's hissy fit and near wolfing out was absolutely ridiculous.

-With the way they treat Gary (who is annoying and creepy), it's not a surprise he would turn to Neron.  That gooey flesh...ugh.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, benteen said:

-Mick and Charlie at the RomanceCon was a very fun storyline.  I liked that Charlie made Mick realize this would be a really easy score and I liked seeing him admit to who he was.   Agreed that Mona's hissy fit and near wolfing out was absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, Mona was pitch-perfect as the enraged fan denouncing a "fraud".  I've been to many conventions, and observed that type in the wild too many times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was so excited last year for magical creatures since I figured Legends would make a goldmine out of this. Instead I think it really went terribly wrong. 

Some romantic subplots are eating the show IMO. I was always so-so on Avalance but they had some nice moments. However, lately it`s all those two characters do: be a couple with their couple issues. Sara is my favourite character but not for being "Ava`s girlfriend". And I don`t care about the Time Bureau stuff.  

Mick has been so criminally underused, his little side plot at the romantic convention was a breath of fresh air. Charlie also is barely explored for a new character. That duo was really fun and then came Mona and screeched like some spoiled brat. Urgh. She was introduced as a sweet character but in this episode especially she got on my nerves. She is incredibly childish, petulant and demanding. 

Nate and Zari came completely out of nowhere as a couple. In light of Nate/Amaya last Season it feels incredibly forced, all like "next". That said, I did enjoy the Indiana Jones vibe and they had some cut moments. But overall this mission was like a lot of them, played way too goofy IMO.  

Gary, hm. The show keeps playing him for a joke, only to turn around in this episode and try to do some drama with "Gary makes a demon deal because everyone treats him like a joke". Doesn`t jive well with the comic relief role. 

Wasn`t feeling this episode, not feeling this Season, minus a few exceptions.

• Love 6
(edited)

I wonder if they had stuck to their original plan this second half would've flowed better. Right now it seems like a mess and the magical theme park idea is dumb even for Legends standards. 

These are creatures that were in a hell prison, putting them in another prison for people's amusement isn't a smart move. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wonder if they had stuck to their original plan this second half would've flowed better. Right now it seems like a mess and the magical theme park idea is dumb even for Legends standards. 

There are creatures that were in a hell prison, putting them in another prison for people's amusement isn't a smart move. 

I thought the original plan was to have Nate break bad and join Hank’s evil plot. Then the Legends would clash about how to handle the evil!Nate situation. 

That plot line also sounds awful. I’m leaning toward the current plot being the lesser of two evils, but I feel there had to be a better way other than this theme park idea to absolve Hank of his sins, 

I think sometimes, TV writing is a job.  I can picture Klemmer telling the writers' room, "We're getting rid of Hank's heel turn.  I've got a call with Greg at 4 to give him our way forward, we'll meet at 3, you make your best pitches and we'll work out a plan. Order lunch in, I'll pay."

• Love 1