Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: After The Dust Settles

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I imported mine from England. Most of us have pretty normal, boring marriages. Where these dufuses went wrong was trying to marry what should've been a vacation fling at best. 

Exactly!  Also, how come none of these imports have even taken a step in getting a taste of life in the US such as coming for a visit?  If you are going to make a life long bond after 8 days of knowing someone why not invest in some real time not vacation time with each other.  Half these imports have no clue what Podunk towns they will be living in or the fact that their mate will have to go to work which means they will be on their own, a lot. 

Speaking of money...why do these imports arrive without a cent to their name?  Why are the importers always broke and why do they not have any conversation about finances, why don't they wait to bring some one here until they have planned financially?  

Someone please do a study on the financial and psychological make up of a person that would spend money to bring someone here, beg, borrow and steal to come up with the funds to pay for the visa, etc...clearly there is a personality type at work here!

If I hear the words "my culture" or "I gave up everything to be here with you" again it will be too soon. Obviously they did not give up anything too important to them if they were willing to live in another country and if your culture was that important you would not be marrying some one from a different culture!  I don't think any of the importers have not let their mates continue to practice their culture here.  And as for being homesick, that is one of those conversations that should have been had when talking about the Visa process, not being able to leave the US and all the other legalities. 

Ugh. Rant over, for now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I’ll say it. I don’t like any of the choices for Happily Ever After. Nicole and Azan should be on the web part/What Now. They’re not married and they should be backburnered. David and Annie haven’t made any money from being on the show? Over Russ and Pao. I like Andrei, but Lizzy in that jumpsuit was tragic. Larissa and Coltee are so toxic. If ever a couple needed to move away from family, it’s them. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

LMAO, the first thing I think of when I see the name of this episode is Avengers Infinity War (dust settles) for anyone who is also a fan . Anyways, great show! So happy my guilty pleasure is back on. No spoilers for Endgame by the way! Seeing it tonight.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

I’ll say it. I don’t like any of the choices for Happily Ever After. Nicole and Azan should be on the web part/What Now. They’re not married and they should be backburnered. David and Annie haven’t made any money from being on the show? Over Russ and Pao. I like Andrei, but Lizzy in that jumpsuit was tragic. Larissa and Coltee are so toxic. If ever a couple needed to move away from family, it’s them. 

They tell lies.

Annie works at the storage!  She has a place to stay and a 1990 lowered mini truck that gets her around.

If she doesn’t like it .....then Annie should send her parents a letter.

Dear Mom & Dad,

Please sell water buffaloes.  Send money to me, ASAP!

Some white lady found out I didn’t have a stove and invited me over to eat her home cooked  Thai yellow curry! 

Annie and Penguin have no shame.  (He even dressed like a penguin last night)

Now they are pretending he is teaching English.

That is either an Extension Course or a volunteer class. 

We have free ESL classes where I live on every corner.

Annie, he is NEVER getting a job. Like, NEVER! 

Keep yourself non-pregnant and cute until your green card arrives.  Then LEAVE! You owe this man......Nothing! Zero! That is NOT an American husband.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Exactly!  Also, how come none of these imports have even taken a step in getting a taste of life in the US such as coming for a visit?  If you are going to make a life long bond after 8 days of knowing someone why not invest in some real time not vacation time with each other.  Half these imports have no clue what Podunk towns they will be living in or the fact that their mate will have to go to work which means they will be on their own, a lot. 

Speaking of money...why do these imports arrive without a cent to their name?  Why are the importers always broke and why do they not have any conversation about finances, why don't they wait to bring some one here until they have planned financially?  

Someone please do a study on the financial and psychological make up of a person that would spend money to bring someone here, beg, borrow and steal to come up with the funds to pay for the visa, etc...clearly there is a personality type at work here!

If I hear the words "my culture" or "I gave up everything to be here with you" again it will be too soon. Obviously they did not give up anything too important to them if they were willing to live in another country and if your culture was that important you would not be marrying some one from a different culture!  I don't think any of the importers have not let their mates continue to practice their culture here.  And as for being homesick, that is one of those conversations that should have been had when talking about the Visa process, not being able to leave the US and all the other legalities. 

Ugh. Rant over, for now.

I think most of them don't visit because they can't afford to do so. Even if they can afford the plane ticket, if they are working they can't necessarily take time off work.

As to them giving up something important to be here - many of them come from desperately poor countries. I think that's why they come here with very little. They come to the US for a better life and more opportunities which could include the ability to send money back to help support their families. That doesn't mean their families, countries, and cultures aren't important to them. Someone like Hazel from the Philipines - I think family and culture are important to her but she could do a lot of financial good for her family by marrying Tariq and coming to the US, where she is more likely to make money she can send back to them. 

I also don't think it's a matter of mates not "allowing them" to practice their culture. Fact is, what they miss (understandably) is being surrounded by others who practice the same culture. They miss being understood - speaking the primary language and being around others who have an inherent understanding of how they live (what the food is like, what the beliefs and common behaviors are, etc). 

I think it's very, very difficult for some of these people to come here. I can't imagine a scenario in which the best possibility for moving above a subsistence level of living is to move halfway across the world, leaving everything I love, to marry a near stranger. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I wish Pedro would just cut his losses with Lockjaw. She’ll always choose her family first. Did she get a boob job?

I know! Lockjaw started all the trouble by lying from day one.  Yes both families are obnoxious but the lie started this mistrust from the start of the relationship.   Pedro's mother and sister are no prize either but Family Chantal was rude and condescending every time they were with Pedro and his family.  

And her boobs do look bigger.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I know! Lockjaw started all the trouble by lying from day one.  Yes both families are obnoxious but the lie started this mistrust from the start of the relationship.   Pedro's mother and sister are no prize either but Family Chantal was rude and condescending every time they were with Pedro and his family.  

And her boobs do look bigger.

I’m shocked she’s not pregnant yet. Maybe she’s smarter than I give her credit for?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not sure  how I feel about the development of Andrei and Elizabeth living in one of her dad's properties rent-free. There is NOTHING more expensive than free, especially with her band of dysfunctional, self-important, smothering family members. I'm a bit surprised at them accepting her dad's help at all. However, Elizabeth is as much the problem, especially if she's letting them run roughshod over them a la Chantel. And if he wanted to get away from their influence, living in his FIL's property is not the way to do it. Bad move, Andrei.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I'm so glad Debbie got her baby/substitute husband back.

Flowers in the attic realness 

13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Colt with his calm voice gaslighting. grrrrrrrrrrr

He knows what he's about.  He has had 30 + years to perfect his routine, and he has it down to an art.

13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Only if she is chowing down on silicone implants...

Why is Debbie still living there?

Because it’s her home?

Colt told Larissa before she ever came here that his mother would live with theme she always knew that was part of the deal and she agreed to it.

I thought Larissa knew that Colt lived with his mom, not that he would continue to live with his mom when he was married.  

It sounds like Colt may have said a lot of things to make Larissa drop whoever else she had on the hook.  

If the understanding was that Debbie would always be a roommate why did he ever agree to look at apartments?  He is just the type to say that he had been clear that mom was going to be a constant companion and so.....

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think most of them don't visit because they can't afford to do so. Even if they can afford the plane ticket, if they are working they can't necessarily take time off work.

As to them giving up something important to be here - many of them come from desperately poor countries. I think that's why they come here with very little. They come to the US for a better life and more opportunities which could include the ability to send money back to help support their families. That doesn't mean their families, countries, and cultures aren't important to them. Someone like Hazel from the Philipines - I think family and culture are important to her but she could do a lot of financial good for her family by marrying Tariq and coming to the US, where she is more likely to make money she can send back to them. 

I also don't think it's a matter of mates not "allowing them" to practice their culture. Fact is, what they miss (understandably) is being surrounded by others who practice the same culture. They miss being understood - speaking the primary language and being around others who have an inherent understanding of how they live (what the food is like, what the beliefs and common behaviors are, etc). 

I think it's very, very difficult for some of these people to come here. I can't imagine a scenario in which the best possibility for moving above a subsistence level of living is to move halfway across the world, leaving everything I love, to marry a near stranger. 

This! What is never fully explained is that in order to enter the US on a visitor’s visa, the foreigner must show that he/she has first enough money to support themselves here while on vacation (the immigration officer might actually need to see a bank balance or money in hand) and second that they have a life they will be returning to in their homeland; a job, apartment, etc. If the person trying to come on a visitor’s visa has no money or established “life” in their home country (like most of the foreigners on this show) they will never be given a visitor’s visa/entry, as US immigration assumes they have every reason to try to overstay their visa and maybe work illegally, etc. The one exception that springs to mind is British Jon, who was denied because of a criminal record, not income. There are some interesting reality shows on Netflix called Border Patrol (I think) following officers in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and visitors trying to enter any of these countries are routinely sent home because they do not have the means to support themselves while visiting or a compelling reason to return to their homeland.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Not sure  how I feel about the development of Andrei and Elizabeth living in one of her dad's properties rent-free. There is NOTHING more expensive than free, especially with her band of dysfunctional, self-important, smothering family members. I'm a bit surprised at them accepting her dad's help at all. However, Elizabeth is as much the problem, especially if she's letting them run roughshod over them a la Chantel. And if he wanted to get away from their influence, living in his FIL's property is not the way to do it. Bad move, Andrei.

Well, Elizabeth doesn’t have a job of her own either.   She said she works as her dad’s property manager.  

Or, as the tenants call her.......the landlord’s daughter. 

So, the Dad is not paying her enough?

How come she cannot pay her own rent on her salary?

Whoa! Fernanda left quick! She obviously had ‘help’ leaving, too.

I did not see Leida and I hope they fired them.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Owww ma legs said:

Nicole’s bleached hair! After seeing those shirtless shots of Azan I’m now convinced he’s gay

Was there ever any doubt??

1 hour ago, nytonc said:

I wish Pedro would just cut his losses with Lockjaw. She’ll always choose her family first. Did she get a boob job?

I agree. Poor Pedro looked so sad. Chantel is heartless. "my family! my family!" Honey. If sitting around in your pajamas with your silly, stupid, judgmental, narrow minded, creepy family is more important than your independence, your marriage, and any future you might have separate from them, then do your long suffering husband a favor and cut him loose.

40 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I’m shocked she’s not pregnant yet. Maybe she’s smarter than I give her credit for?

Pedro must wrap it up tight every night. He knows that bringing a child into this mix would be fatal. From the time the kid was born his grandparents, Uncle River and Auntie Winter would be pouring poison into its ears.

Seriously, I cannot STAND Family Chantel. Pedro and Chantel have been married almost 3 years--when is he going to spring this nefarious plot he's supposedly hatching? They're so smug, and yet they have so little to be smug about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I understand and have experienced first hand of what you write...that said the stupid drama that plays out on TV where these people are concerned makes me think that very little real conversation is ever had about how life would be for the import.  What makes me crazy is the import seems to never be able to be productive with their time, go to the library, go on line and learn about their surroundings anything other than blow up their mates phone all day while they are at work...seriously, the antics are ridiculous.  

• Love 5

I hate Larissa but that Coltie is a real pro at getting under her skin. That passive-aggressive shit must get real old after a while. I think Debbie is pretty good at it too. I almost feel sorry for Larissa. 

• Love 11

Nicole’s friend, “Was it infidelity?” They probably had to break to define the word for Nicole.  I hope Azan is supporting a nice boyfriend with all the money Dumbo is sending. She should get off this show and go see Dr Now. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Whoa David put on some poundage! Now he’s a fatter loser. They must be eating a lot of fast food which is always a great idea when you have no money.  

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 2
24 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Every time I see the video of Lockjaw greeting Pedro at the airport, I feel like she’s dressed for a night club or a street corner not the airport. 

That scream she lets out at the airport just kills me. 

Girl, there’s no screaming at airports.   You scream, people think someone has a gun or a bomb.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Every time I see the video of Lockjaw greeting Pedro at the airport, I feel like she’s dressed for a night club or a street corner not the airport. 

Almost all the 90 day chicks wear dresses that would have shown pube hair (back in the day when women had it).   Even the larger gals shove themselves into colored ace bandages.

My guess is that they all fancy themselves just one step away from Reality Fame & Fortune.   Bandage dresses are the uniform.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I thought Larissa knew that Colt lived with his mom, not that he would continue to live with his mom when he was married.  

He said she knew that he "took care of his mom." I think that Larissa knew the plan was to continue to live with Debbie but she either thought a) she could talk/sex Colt out of that decision and/or b) that Debbie would be a quiet and unobtrusive presence, seldom leaving her bedroom. 

why did he ever agree to look at apartments?

I chalked that up to producer driven drama. Plus I think that Coltee was hoping Larissa would see how expensive they are and maybe realize they were outside Coltee's budget. Problem is, Larissa doesn't really seem to understand or care about a budget, so when she saw the apartment, she only paid attention to how it was pretty/shiny and not how far it was outside their budget. I know Larissa thinks Coltee's money is her money but I'll bet she thinks his debt is his alone.

And flushing rings she could have pawned for cash was just childish and stupid.

What makes me crazy is the import seems to never be able to be productive with their time, go to the library, go on line and learn about their surroundings anything other than blow up their mates phone all day while they are at work...seriously, the antics are ridiculous.

For someone like Fernanda, who can't drive and lives in a place with little/no public transportation, she has few options. There may be Uber in some of the larger suburbs but that will add up and most of the people we are seeing don't have a ton of discretionary income. She can go online, certainly, but there's only so much of that you can do in a given day. They can't work without a work permit. I suppose they could volunteer but again, transportation is an issue if they don't drive.

So, the Dad is not paying her enough?

How come she cannot pay her own rent on her salary?

They had been in a two bedroom apartment but I don't know if Elizabeth was paying for that with her salary or Daddy covered that as well. They moved into the house that belongs to Daddy because they "needed more space" with a baby on the way. Which I think is bullshit because plenty of people have a baby in a two bedroom apartment. If they could afford to stay there without Daddy's help, that's what I would have opted to do. 

• Love 8

Jeezus do not even get me started on that dumbass Nicole! She's so poor as a result of sending all her money to Azan that she can't even afford to go to the salon? Just to the drugstore for a bottle of peroxide? That girl is dumb as a plank. "Look May, Moroccan oil!" May: "WTF?"

Was there Live Chat last night? My laptop's in the shop. I missed you all!

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 13

Molly and Luis <yawn> 

8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He said she knew that he "took care of his mom." I think that Larissa knew the plan was to continue to live with Debbie but she either thought a) she could talk/sex Colt out of that decision and/or b) that Debbie would be a quiet and unobtrusive presence, seldom leaving her bedroom. 

I chalked that up to producer driven drama. Plus I think that Coltee was hoping Larissa would see how expensive they are and maybe realize they were outside Coltee's budget. Problem is, Larissa doesn't really seem to understand or care about a budget, so when she saw the apartment, she only paid attention to how it was pretty/shiny and not how far it was outside their budget. I know Larissa thinks Coltee's money is her money but I'll bet she thinks his debt is his alone.

For someone like Fernanda, who can't drive and lives in a place with little/no public transportation, she has few options. There may be Uber in some of the larger suburbs but that will add up and most of the people we are seeing don't have a ton of discretionary income. She can go online, certainly, but there's only so much of that you can do in a given day. They can't work without a work permit. I suppose they could volunteer but again, transportation is an issue if they don't drive.

They had been in a two bedroom apartment but I don't know if Elizabeth was paying for that with her salary or Daddy covered that as well. They moved into the house that belongs to Daddy because they "needed more space" with a baby on the way. Which I think is bullshit because plenty of people have a baby in a two bedroom apartment. If they could afford to stay there without Daddy's help, that's what I would have opted to do. 

She’s just a spoiled brat. I had a baby in a one bedroom apartment. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jeezus do not even get me started on that dumbass Nicole! She's so poor as a result of sending all her money to Azan that she can't even afford to go to the salon? Just to the drugstore for a bottle of peroxide? That girl is dumb as a plank. "Look May, Moroccan oil!" May: "WTF?"

This thread is the live chat. Don't know if there is a separate one or if one will be set up as a live chat.

17 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Whoa David put on some poundage! Now he’s a fatter loser. They must be eating a lot of fast food which is always a great idea when you have no money.  

Did you notice the size of those, very rare, steaks they were eating?

13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

This thread is the live chat. Don't know if there is a separate one or if one will be set up as a live chat.

OK, I just wanted to know if we were still gong to live chat this season. I didn't get a chance to join last night since my laptop is being repaired. Looking forward to chatting with my 90DF peeps next Sunday!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, I just wanted to know if we were still gong to live chat this season. I didn't get a chance to join last night since my laptop is being repaired. Looking forward to chatting with my 90DF peeps next Sunday!

Perhaps Drogo will drop by and set up a live chat forum.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was like.....heyyy!  Nicole got herself a cute baby trailer.  Because, before she was living in a one room motel room.

Then they tell us she is living with her sister......WTF??????

Nicole is garbage!

She still makes May call Azan daddy.

I hope May is able to stay safe.....because,  Nicole is....cuckoooo!

May is a very sweet little girl.

59 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was like.....heyyy!  Nicole got herself a cute baby trailer.  Because, before she was living in a one room motel room.

Nicole is garbage!

She still makes May call Azan daddy.

I hope May is able to stay safe.....because,  Nicole is....cuckoooo!

• Love 1

I don't think I have seen so much cleavage in one night as I did last night.   Are these women competing to put themselves out there......lol.

I have already seen 80% of the show on previous clips, didn't see much new stuff.   They waste alot of time going over and over the same stuff.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I thought I heard her say sister, and brother.  Unless she meant brother in law!!

I know Ashley wants to keep the kids private, but it  sure is hard to believe they reside with her.   She hasn't even acknowledged their existance the whole time she has been on the air.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

I don't think I have seen so much cleavage in one night as I did last night.   Are these women competing to put themselves out there......lol.

I have already seen 80% of the show on previous clips, didn't see much new stuff.   They waste alot of time going over and over the same stuff.

People have short memories.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

I hate Larissa but that Coltie is a real pro at getting under her skin. That passive-aggressive shit must get real old after a while. I think Debbie is pretty good at it too. I almost feel sorry for Larissa. 

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Now, I believe if the game is played right, someone looking for an American fiance/green card will keep a lot of irons in the fire.  I believe that was the game Larissa was playing.  I do not believe she just "fell in love" with man boobs colt.

Colt, on his end, would have to convince Larissa to give up all other irons she has in the fire and commit to him. 

In the vein, I have a much easier time believing that Colt gave the impression that while he lived with Debbie, that it was not permanent.  And while he took care of Debbie it didn't particularly mean that it required them all to live together.

My dad "took care" of his mother, but she lived in her own small house and my dad sent money.  So, I don't think "taking care of" someone necessarily means you have to live with them.

Larissa has said multiple times that Colt told her she could get "whatever" she wants, and I don't think that she just made that up.  I think it's something Colt said to get her here.  

Larissa doesn't strike me as dumb, so if Colt had a minimum wage/blue collar job, I think she wouldn't have bought into any of it.  But he is a software engineer, I could see how she would assume he made enough money not to be lying to her. * 

I don't fault her for her expectations, because I think those are solely Colt's fault. 

I think she may have had a hint when Colt refused to buy her a plane ticket on a whim due to costs, but a) by that time it was too late to get back her abandoned suitors and b) I don't think that an unwillingness to randomly spend money on a plane ticket could really clue you in that the person who told you that you could have "whatever" you want really meant you can't have anything you want.

And all things considered, given that Colt probably sold her a false bill of goods, she has been pretty flexible in that she has settled on the crappy tin can of a car, a Goodwill wedding dress and an over involved roommate who wants to marry her husband.

* I will say though that many blue collar workers start businesses and make a lot of money.

@nytonc -- LOL, I think my disgust for Colt makes me like Larissa more.  He is the worst.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

All these names are driving me and my DVR nuts.  I thought last night's episode taped but it didn't so I missed most of the beginning.   Looks like a huge run of all of the shows tonight.

I feel bad for the mods here trying to keep it all straight.  But check your DVRs if you aren't going to watch it live.....there is Happily Ever After,  What about me, Pillow talk....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I agree and it worries me that she's 4 and still learning the alphabet. I don't think anyone has done anything to get her ready for school beyond what she could learn on a tablet. (actually I think she's already kindergarten age IRL.) 

• Love 4

Will Elizabeth be rolling the r’s in Anrredrrrdrrei when she is screaming and pushing that baby out ? That sound is so put on and extra extra, so fake and annoying. 

Family Elizabeth thinks they are the Florida Kardashians. Sister Jenn you are no Kourtney.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

I was very impressed with how well Pedro has improved his English-speaking skills! And I felt very sorry for him.  He's absolutely right; Chantal will never think he's right about anything because she is so bent on "family, family, family." I'm sorry- and I am a person who is all about family- but they are toxic and she should never, ever be loyal to her family to the exclusion of her marriage.

As someone who did gain quite a bit while pregnant, I gotta say that Pao is quite large for 5 months along... and her entire face has changed.  

David has a narrative voice that makes me disbelieve every word he says. It's like he's trying way too hard and reading a script.  "It's REALLY HARD!!!! to find a JOB!!"

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 9

This franchise must be single-handedly keeping freelance field film crews in business. Why the fuck are they filing all 47 or so couples who ever filmed this series?!? Out of the dozen couples featured on the 2-hour “90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After?” I only care about (for snark value, not actual empathy) Colt/Larissa and Nicole/Azan. But if that didn’t put you to sleep, tune in for 1,000 more bores on an extra hour of “90 Day Fiancé: Who? ... Her?” I mean, Jesus Christ, if you’re going to subject us to filming every couple you ever met just on the off chance someone does something entertaining, then at least stack the deck in your favor and give us the cougar and the motivational nazi (blanking on their names!!!), Anifisa and Jorge, and Danielle and Mohammed. I’ll even take Grandma and the Nigerian (I’m not good with names). And how the hell are you going to have a reaction show with hangers-on and NOT give us Jorge’s friend who gave us such gems as I’m not saying Anifisa is a prostitute, but she dabbles in prostitutionality—or some such!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

This! What is never fully explained is that in order to enter the US on a visitor’s visa, the foreigner must show that he/she has first enough money to support themselves here while on vacation (the immigration officer might actually need to see a bank balance or money in hand) and second that they have a life they will be returning to in their homeland; a job, apartment, etc. If the person trying to come on a visitor’s visa has no money or established “life” in their home country (like most of the foreigners on this show) they will never be given a visitor’s visa/entry, as US immigration assumes they have every reason to try to overstay their visa and maybe work illegally, etc. The one exception that springs to mind is British Jon, who was denied because of a criminal record, not income. There are some interesting reality shows on Netflix called Border Patrol (I think) following officers in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and visitors trying to enter any of these countries are routinely sent home because they do not have the means to support themselves while visiting or a compelling reason to return to their homeland.

Absolutely. I visit the USA a lot and, even though I have the ESTA visa waiver, I've sometimes still had the third degree from the CBP agent. Once I'd only brought $40 in cash with me because my UK bank didn't charge for foreign ATM withdrawals and so I thought it'd be easier to withdraw cash once I arrived. But I had three credit cards with me which had a credit line of about $30,000 and plenty of money in my current (checking) account, but the lack of cash on me was a red flag and I had to answer more questions about job, home, etc.. Fortunately I have a job which has a public profile, and the agent looked me up on our website. He then seemed satisfied that I, a middle-aged woman carrying a return ticket to the UK, with a good job, plenty of money, a paid-for home in a nice area and pets who live there, wasn't trying to sneak into the States to work illegally. Now I always make sure I have a few hundred $$ in cash with me, to avoid setting off any alarms.

Most of the time, though, the CBP agents are perfectly pleasant. One even winked at me and told me I looked hot, which I thought was kind of inappropriate (and utterly inaccurate, given I'd just got off a 7-hour flight and had been up for 4 hours before the flight and looked like crap). But I didn't say anything, for fear of him refusing me entry.

Edited by essexjan
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I was very impressed with how well Pedro has improved his English-speaking skills! And I felt very sorry for him.  He's absolutely right; Chantal will never think he's right about anything because she is so bent on "family, family, family." I'm sorry- and I am a person who is all about family- but they are toxic and she should never, ever be loyal to her family to the exclusion of her marriage.

As someone who did gain quite a bit while pregnant, I gotta say that Pao is quite large for 5 months along... and her entire face has changed.  

David has a narrative voice that makes me disbelieve every word he says. It's like he's trying way too hard and reading a script.  "It's REALLY HARD!!!! to find a JOB!!"

You and I are in the same boat, because I would be hard pressed to blame my family for things.... especially if I was under the impression that they were mistakenly acting in my best interest 

Where Chantal loses me is with her insistence on CONSTANTLY bringing it up and CONSTANTLY blaming Pedro.  Just leave it be!  Maybe when you have a baby the relationship will mend itself and maybe it wont.  If it doesn't, it just means that your parents can't have the intrusive relationship with your kids that they have with you 

If Chantal cannot accept the situation then she needs to move on with her life.  This constant pressure of Pedro to make the relationship with her parents right when he hasn't done anything wrong is ridiculous, and accomplishes nothing, particularly when those people will NEVER treat him with any respect.

• Love 11

Just based on the IQs of Nicole and Danielle alone, they need to sign POA’s over to someone higher thinking skills. 

How long is it until Andrei can get his green card and Work?  He seemed to be throwing shade on the house that her dad lets them live in for free like he could do better. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Just based on the IQs of Nicole and Danielle alone, they need to sign POA’s over to someone higher thinking skills. 

How long is it until Andrei can get his green card and Work?  He seemed to be throwing shade on the house that her dad lets them live in for free like he could do better. 

I think Elizabeth said he could work, but he couldn't find work.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tatortot said:

And here we thought 90DF was the name of the show, when its really the endgame of bust measurements.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Because the healthy people who take their time, and do things sensibly, don't make great trash tv.  The vast majority of people using the K1 Visa process are not the idiots we delight in watching.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Did everyone's boobs get bigger?  Molly's filled my entire big screen TV.

Pao is pregnant, but hers were HUGE. I think they've applied a big boob filter to appease the significant others forced to watch this along with the wives/gf's . . . LOL

Edited by ChiMama
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I imported mine from England. Most of us have pretty normal, boring marriages. Where these dufuses went wrong was trying to marry what should've been a vacation fling at best. 

I know! I'm just kidding. They are all idiots. Whenever one of them says "I saw XXX on the dance floor" you know it's trouble. 

I was talking to Mr. Jackjill and these people just don't talk about the realities of what life in the US will be like. The people they meet are so desperate to get out of whatever country they are in and think that the US is so exciting and don't realize that a lot of it isn't. Don't they talk about where the person lives? What they do? I don't know who it was that was so shocked that her town was bigger than the town in North Carolina where her fiancé lives. She wanted to be an actress. Um, not going to happen in NC. Don't they discuss these things? It really cracks me up. They are all such idiots.

So yeah... never import... any of these people.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’ll even take Grandma and the Nigerian

Angela and Michael, we haven't seen the last of them... I read they are being filmed now. Michael the Trump fan is bound to be disappointed because living out in the sticks with Grangela is not what his expectation of the USA was. I thought because of Angela and her family's legal troubles they would take her off the show but I guess there's still reality gravy to be made there for TLC.

• Love 3